Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Even though it was expected I'm super sad about Caila. I'll miss her a lot.

And I'm really shocked about Kat. She seemed like someone they'd try to make work like they did last year.

Are we sure Kelsey made it? I really hope so. Can't believe they took Auto Amy.

If you try to view Kelsey's twitter page, it says it's suspended.  I think they do that when they convert it to the @DCC_ handle

1 minute ago, Oklahomama said:

Here's a Better pic from Kristi scales

edit: sorry don't know how to share it and photo too large!

Right click and select "copy link" and then paste it in using CTRL+V

(edited)
3 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

If you try to view Kelsey's twitter page, it says it's suspended.  I think they do that when they convert it to the @DCC_ handle

Wouldn't they wait to do that until the squad is actually announced instead of just when TC is announced? That seems odd. Glad she made TC this year though!!!

Edited by SanLynn

I live a few miles from Madeline, and her dad posted the news on FB. He's so proud of her - it's just a sweet thing to see.  I hope she does well this year.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Slate said:

Aww... I really wanted to see Hunter make training camp :(

I hope she tries again next year.

I am going to go with bad interview. I am shocked. I wonder what happened? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Thrilled another one of my faves Yuko made it! Hope she can go all the way. And glad to see Selina back, she seemed like she really upped her game this year.

ETA I see a post from Kristi Scales from 6 hours ago that deliberations were starting. WOW Six hours of deliberation this year. Wonder if that's on par with years past.

Edited by SanLynn
Additional post
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I am going to go with bad interview. I am shocked. I wonder what happened? 

I remember someone saying that in regrades to the fan vote, they didn't think Hunter would have much to worry about, meaning she'd make it in without.  At the time I thought about Seacrest begging folks to vote for their favorite to keep them in Idol.  I think the same thing goes here.  Imagining that "good" girls will get there without help sometimes backfires ?

Edited by ChlcGirl
Autocorrect is a force to be reckoned with
  • Love 2

I have been rooting for Kelli Quinn for YEARS! I don't understand how she never made it before because she is so great. Looks like her bestie Jamie didn't make it so that's a bummer but Kelli is the one I was really pulling for. So so excited to see her in camp and I will be really upset if she doesn't make the team. Also very excited for Kelsey and Madeline. 

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

I think I see Emily Roslyn too

I couldn't bring myself to vote for her with that audition video but I'm glad, if she made it, that she'll get another chance. Hope her expressions help her rather than hurt her this year.

Glad to see Kyndall with another chance as well

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't see Jamie at all. I wish she would have made it  and given a chance. For some reason Kelli does not want her.

Glad to see Danielle smiling this year.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3

47 girls. 

I am going to predict that whoever won the fan vote got in by fan vote alone. If Kelli goes back to 36 girls that means 11 girls need to get cut. If she holds at 34, then 13 girls. Wow, that is going to be a lot of gone girls.  Yikes!!! 

• Love 3

If Auto Amy stays very long, I'll be surprised.  If she's cut, I hope they dissuade her from auditioning again.  This is, what, her third time at least?  I don't think they'll be pleased with her body type, the length of her legs or her kicks.  At least Mackenzie Lee was cute and had everything else going for her and she even managed to pull her kicks up to where they needed to be.  We'll just have to wait and see with Amy.

I'm glad to see Madeline, Kelsey, and Emily Roslyn in Training Camp.  Did the former DCC, Jenna, make it?

• Love 2
Just now, TiaGrace said:

47 girls. 

I am going to predict that whoever won the fan vote got in by fan vote alone. If Kelli goes back to 36 girls that means 11 girls need to get cut. If she holds at 34, then 13 girls. Wow, that is going to be a lot of gone girls.  Yikes!!! 

I'm hoping they decide to have a big squad again.  They had 40 girls once, why not again?  That allows them to have 10 girls in each group.  Plenty of buffer for injuries & weight issues, too :)

• Love 2

I hope Amy finally makes the team. It seems like she really wants it and has been working really hard for it. I can't wait to see what the final team looks like this year! 

• Love 3

They had 39 girls in Season 7 and 8. To me, it is a bad idea to bring in more girls especially if they bring in girls who cannot dance or cannot not kick worth a darn. There has been injuries in the past, and the team and the girls survive.

I am not surprise Kat was cut. Usually the girls who Kelli say has potential or she wants to take a chance on aka Breelan, Morgan, Ashley Pro end up being cut when they try out for their second season.

(edited)

Maybe Amy will be this year's Taylor with low kicks.

Has anyone here with a IG checked Kat or Calia's to see if they posted anything?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

Not surprised that Shelby didn't make it.  She obviously hasn't been working on her technique over the past year.  One look at her fan favorites video...jeesh, she was BAD. Plus, her weight....heavier than last audition.  Why women return to audition in worse overall shape never ceases to amaze me. Shelby didn't want DCC enough to actually work for it. I'm relieved she wasn't invited in just to be cut for inability to learn or weight issues.

• Love 3
Just now, Twinkle said:

Not surprised that Shelby didn't make it.  She obviously hasn't been working on her technique over the past year.  One look at her fan favorites video...jeesh, she was BAD. Plus, her weight....heavier than last audition.  Why women return to audition in worse overall shape never ceases to amaze me. Shelby didn't want DCC enough to actually work for it. I'm relieved she wasn't invited in just to be cut for inability to learn or weight issues.

She struggled so much to pick up the choreography last season. I can't imagine that she'd have improved enough in a year to make it worthwhile to take her back in to TC.  

• Love 4

Caila's updated her twitter to show her pic now, but no comments yet. I feel bad for her - no matter the circumstances, the disappointment has to be hard.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

She struggled so much to pick up the choreography last season. I can't imagine that she'd have improved enough in a year to make it worthwhile to take her back in to TC.  

She'll probably go back to the Texas Star Dancers

• Love 2