Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'll stick with Mandy and Madeline .. and Kelsey just because she's gorgeous.

Now as it is gone midnight in the UK I'm off to sleep.. where most likely I will be kept awake by that flipping song going round in my head all night!!!

• Love 1

I think Michelle Keys would be a great mentor, but like Kitty, she is too "involved" in the Dallas dance world and she might be seen as having favorites. 

And I don't care how many times you've made it to finals/training camp, etc, those nerves will get you every time - Shelbi, Amy, Emily :(

• Love 1

My definite favs based on videos are Mandy, Megan, and Cersten! 

I thought Madeline and Allie were memorable

even though heather messed up at the end, you couldn't tell! I thought her recovery was great

karly has a boxy body

kelsey was disappointing. Didn't have a lot of power behind the movements

(edited)

My favorites were Madeline, Minerva, Heather, and Cersten. There were a lot of other ones I wanted to like (Kelsey Lowrance), but the videos were underwhelming. The good news is I always feel this way about the fan vote videos and then a lot of them turn out to be great dancers. After all it is a new combo to all of them. I liked Madeline, Minerva, Heather, and Cersten because in my eyes they had the most confident facials while executing the moves pretty cleanly. I wanted to like Hunter, but I agree that her face wasn't doing a whole lot and she had some bobbles.

Auto Amy and Shelbi both looked really bad. Honestly though, I think that's as good as it gets for those two. IMO neither of them are very good dancers, but I still admire them for putting themselves out there and pushing through the rejection to try again. I just don't see either of them making it into training camp this year.

7 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Is the cheese standing alone on liking Minerva??

Nope. ;) I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned her. I'm having a fit over the possibility of the Twitter handle DCC_Minerva though. I'll just imagine Maggie Smith sitting behind a computer (Harry Potter nerd joke).

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, BritFan said:

Well that clearly doesn't work judging by the amount that did forget and got thete videos cut short lol!

The Vet is there doing the dance, but it's not like these girls have had much time to practice. They're still probably gonna have some blips. Remember, these vids are done right after the finals candidates are announced. So the girls learned the sequence in the morning, had about 45 minutes to an hour to practice, then performed it for the judges - waited to find out whether they were going on to finals - then performed it again for the video. 

If the girls were smart, they'd practice the sequence while waiting for the judges to deliberate who was going on to finals. But since they don't really show that part on MTT, I don't know if they do.

Edited by Kaedee
(edited)

Yeah - Karly is a good dancer, but her waist is way too boxy for DCC.  Allie great dancer but her calves are way too big - like they are as big as her thighs and she has no hips or butt.  I can't imagine she'd look good in the uniform.

Edited by MyFavShows
9 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Whoa.  Emily was all over the place and was obviously watching the vet, but I still kind of liked her pep and facials.

I agree - there was something I really liked about her in spite of the sloppiness and mistakes.

I actually think she has the most promise out of the "returners" who were in training camp before.   She looked stunning too.

• Love 2

Cersten, Madeline & Heather are my favs. Emily is cute even tho she had mistakes.   I don't know what to say about Shelbi other than...that was sad.  

I'm a Madeline fan since she's my local Utah connection.  She looks petite yet fresh,  fit & feminine.  I like she doesn't apply her makeup with a trowel. Her bouncy natural curls remind me of Nicole & another Utahn Courtney.  Her smile is pretty & she doesn't appear like a nervous wreck. I think she has as good a shot as anyone. 

I'm surprised at Shelbi's figure.  She's heavier in the waist & tummy than last season. Why show up in WORSE shape?  Her nerves are obvious. Last TC she stayed in A LOT longer than Madeline.  It's clear that one young lady has been practicing this past year.

50 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Is the cheese standing alone on liking Minerva??

I like her!

The more I watch Minerva, the more I like her. Cersten's definitely my favorite, followed by Mandy and Madeline. Karly wasn't bad, but her faces just kill me- she would be the new Ika. Out of the returners, Madeline is my favorite (still waiting on Kendall and Selina though). I think Emily V will have it by finals time. I'm not rooting for Auto Amy (poor kicks/desperation) or Shelbi, even though she is beautiful.

26 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I personally found Emily (eyes) awkward in her movements, and worse, she does a thing with her mouth that resembles a fish swigging its last breaths. Open bottom lip, close bottom lip, open bottom lip, close bottom lip.

I noticed her mouth too and it drove me nuts. She was another one I really wanted to like, but the "power and projection" just weren't there for me.

(edited)

Does anyone know if little blond-haired Kaitlyn from Plano, TX auditioned this year? I don't think I've seen her name mentioned. She was the one in the preliminary round that Kelli said came "highly recommended from the dance world," but she didn't make it into the finals.

Anyone remember her and know if she auditioned again?

Edited by Kaedee
1 minute ago, laney said:

Are you sure she made finals?  Her name is Emily, but I only see Emily Roslyn's video. 

There are several videos that aren't up. It's like this every year. No idea when they'll all be up. ? As for that particular girl though, I have no idea.

• Love 1

Still tryig to get caught up on the videos posted so far and so annoying how hard it is to go from video to video :-P Plus not having all of them up AND having a couple of them mis-titled, etc. They need to hire more people to keep this stuff running smoothly! lol 

Shelbi's was one of the worst I've seen so far. I feel so mean because bless her heart, she wants it so bad but yikes.  She looks like she's stuck in the same place as last year - IN HER HEAD.  I can just see her concentrating and worrying and she is no fun to watch.  I will be super annoyed if she makes it to TC. 

I always like watching Amy perform - I think she has a cute style but her kick is just a no.  It looks tight and low like last year and shows how short her legs are.  I am afraid she's going to be broken hearted after this weekend again. 

I liked Hunter's! I almost thought it was refreshing to have someone who wasn't super over the top with her facials.  She seems like a take home girl to me. She will practice her butt off and once she's confident she'll have the smile back.  I really think she will kill it on Saturday. I just love watching her dance. 

Still like Emily Roslyn. I think she was just trying SO hard she was knocking herself off balance and I'm crossing my fingers she can calm down and get it under control Saturday because I've seen her dance with the Mavs and she looks awesome! And goodness, she is one of the prettiest girls this year in my opinion. 

Madeline was awesome!! Her little stumble at the beginning was nothing major in my opinion and she recovered immediately.  She just had a cute style, her turn and a great kick. Go Madeline!! 

Really want to see Tasha too...ugh! get that link fixed please! 

A lot of these new to me girls are actually really good. Maybe it's because I don't know what to expect with them and Im' pleasantly surprised.  Now off to try to find the highly acclaimed Minerva!! 

If these girls really practice for Saturday...those vets better bring it because I think there is some solid talent (some amazing kicks!!) and gorgeous girls. Could get interesting...

9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This was an interesting choice.

Bun FePRF.St.117.jpeg

Maybe she doesn't know that the DCC never wear their hair up; it's always down and flying all over.

1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Anyone else see Kristen Gauthier when we look at Shelbi?? I like Shelbi and I'm rooting for her for some reason.

https://twitter.com/shelbidoll

I love Kristen!!!  But I didn't like this picture of her from her first makeover - her hair looked much better as they let it the bangs grow out.  I would say that her 3rd season cameo looks like Shelbi.  However, Kristen's kicks, like Meredith, Emma, Amelia, Megan F, and other Kilgore alumni, are what Shelbi and some of the other gals need to aspire to.

Huge Mavs Hunter fan here. Just watched her video and I think her style of dance isn't suited for Cowboys - she looks way too stiff. The best DCC's are much more fluid in their motions. Mavs Emily looked terrible too. 

So far, I like the look/dance ability of Cersten, Madeline, Mandy, Megan, and Minerva (her hair and face remind me of a young Tiffani Amber-Theissen).  I look forward to the rest of the videos being uploaded!

23 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

So I'm assuming Berkly didn't make it to finals?

yeah - I don't think I see her in the finals photo and there no confirm on any of the finals lists for her.

Mandy my fav and Certsen second.

Honorable mention to Megan, Tess, Emma, and Heather and my favorite returner is Emily.

My bet is Cersten is just an unusual spelling of the name usually spelled Kirsten or Kersten - you know, like Kristen w/ a "Ker" instead of the Kris.   So an unusual spelling of a hard to spell name that is a play on a name that is also spelled about 20 different ways.  Her parents weren't trying to make things easy for her, were they?

I like Yuko! She's adorable. I thought Amy's kick was soooo low. I'm still watching the rest. Oh, Kelsey was okay. I just love her. The videos themselves are ugh. One of my former students, a friend of mine's daughter, is in DCRB training camp. Her friend is a DCC finalist named Emma. They're both beautiful!! They both danced for the mean green. (University of North Texas) I hope they both make their respective teams.

Considering K and J are always going on about "being world class" I'm a little shocked at some of the videos! The only ones that I particularly like so far are Cersten, Megan, Maddie Mass and Minerva. Maybe some of them just don't particularly care about the fan vote so arent putting in any effort? 

seriously though, how many of these girls can't do a double spin! ? 

I was surprised at how much Amy had improved from last year-more pop etc.  Shelbi doesn't seem to make some of the ?knee bends deep and doesn't pop her booty and finally falls out of her turn.  Well, it will be interesting to see who actually makes it out of finals and of all these girls, who actually makes the team.  Have only watched 2 dances and already the music is annoying me!  Yikes, I must be getting cranky or old or both!

I think I am suprised by the amount of mistakes compared with last year. I don't recal so many girls messing up.. perhaps I am wrong. 

I completely understand they don't get long to learn the routine.. I'm surprised that girls that have been on other teams -like Emily made so many slip ups.

I wonder if they got less time to learn it that previous years?

I'm kind of wondering if in the past they let girls have a quick redo if they messed up super bad and this year they are like nope, one and done! Because how many of the clips show the girl running off and the next girl coming up? It's almost like they were just boom boom boom.  The routine does look more complicated than last year's. I don't want to say 'harder' but it's got a lot more nuances with arms so maybe that is making girls kind of pause and be less confident which then affects spins and stuff.  Maybe not but it really does seem like more people are screwing up very obviously and people who we know can dance are missing easy things like double spins.