Type keyword(s) to search

Reunion Predictions: Seating? Fights? Will Yolanda stay all day?

• Start Topic

Congrats Kathryn, your tattling got you in with the cool kids!  I am not saying that in a mean way; it is fact!  We see where the lines are drawn.  

Erika, you have damaged your reputation with viewers and the cast; they will never trust your humorless, lying little self anymore.  And your husband is not pleased with you either. 

This may be a good reunion after all! 

• Love 4

Kyle posted on FB

11lltmr.png

xo42gn.png

What is wrong why Kathryn's nose and mouth? Maybe she was crying? Looks like her new friends aren't kinds enough to offer her a mirror.

What is wrong why Kathryn's nose and mouth?

About two weeks ago,  I wondered the same thing.  From a certain angle, Kathryn's nose looks absolutely chopped off.  There is no contouring whatsoever.  I've noticed her bumpy lips many times.  Both features led me to believe that she'd encountered a very poor plastic surgeon.  Kathryn's nose reminds me just a little of Kyle's nose.  Their surgeons apparently like to keep those nostrils flaring.  I don't care for that look where two big holes are greeting the world.

I should say that I know nothing about plastic surgery, so this is only my personal opinion.

• Love 2

Congrats Kathryn, your tattling got you in with the cool kids!  I am not saying that in a mean way; it is fact!  We see where the lines are drawn.  

And pretty much every single comment to Kyle's post is negative towards Kathryn, including a lot of requests for Kyle to crop her out of the pic, so I'm not sure how much good Kathryn's moves did her in terms of fan appeal.

Interestingly/cleverly, Lisa only posted a pic of her and Kyle.

And Erika actually has a sizable amount of fans for a newbie HW, so I can't really agree that no one trusts her "humorless, lying self." This board isn't really a good representation of how she's regarded by all viewers, IMO. Don't know if Papa Girardi will allow her to, but I suspect the producers would have her back if she wanted to return next season.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 1

The seating chart is interesting. I'm not sure if anyone is up for it, but there are some major Spoilers posted in the First Look thread. 2 upcoming episodes got posted on Vimeo yesterday (they've been taken down) by accident and I think the seating arrangement has more to do with what is still to come, vs. what has already gone down. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

So it look like Kyle, LisaV and Kathryn went to PUMP after the reunion was over and Yolanda/Erika went to the Beverly Hills Hotel afterwards. I wonder how Kim feels about that or how Andy and Erika Jayne"s followers fell about that. LOL

If money was no object I'd have chosen the Beverly Hills Hotel over Pump. Erika Jayne doesn't really have followers, so she didn't risk anything.
  • Love 2

^^^ This is the single instance on which I will submit a defense of Yolanda. During the season 3 reunion, Yo referenced a family member in an anecdote, mentioned that she was gay, and that Yo and other relatives were supportive of her "choice." Andy, as is his selective won't over topics related to homosexuality, immediately admonished her, curtly correcting her that, "it's not a choice." Yolanda was not making a blanket assertion about sexual identity in general as far as I could tell and later clarified that, as her female relative presented her own experience, queer identification was a conscious decision. As Cynthia Nixon says, "my views on my sexuality have nothing to do with your views on your sexuality or even my views on your sexuality." But because Yolanda is apparently closer on the spectrum of his personal bias to Alexis Bellino than NeNe Leakes, Andy couldn't let her get away with what was essentially a remark made in passing. That being said, I have no idea if Yolanda's actual sentiments about lesbianism are as enlightened as she initially portrayed but she's done nothing that I've seen to suggest she's a homophobe. A vile racist? Sure. Evil? Quite probably. Mentally warped? Undoubtedly. But not necessarily possessed of backwards ideas about gay people.

• Love 4

I think Andy only brought it up because Yo said something along the lines that she worried Gigi was a lesbian because she played volleyball. I don't know if she;s homophobic, so much as ignorant and dumb.

• Love 11

A vile racist? Sure. Evil? Quite probably. Mentally warped? Undoubtedly. But not necessarily possessed of backwards ideas about gay people.

Lunastartron, racist? I missed this.  How do you know this?  

• Love 1

^^^ This is the single instance on which I will submit a defense of Yolanda. During the season 3 reunion, Yo referenced a family member in an anecdote, mentioned that she was gay, and that Yo and other relatives were supportive of her "choice." Andy, as is his selective won't over topics related to homosexuality, immediately admonished her, curtly correcting her that, "it's not a choice." Yolanda was not making a blanket assertion about sexual identity in general as far as I could tell and later clarified that, as her female relative presented her own experience, queer identification was a conscious decision. As Cynthia Nixon says, "my views on my sexuality have nothing to do with your views on your sexuality or even my views on your sexuality." But because Yolanda is apparently closer on the spectrum of his personal bias to Alexis Bellino than NeNe Leakes, Andy couldn't let her get away with what was essentially a remark made in passing. That being said, I have no idea if Yolanda's actual sentiments about lesbianism are as enlightened as she initially portrayed but she's done nothing that I've seen to suggest she's a homophobe. A vile racist? Sure. Evil? Quite probably. Mentally warped? Undoubtedly. But not necessarily possessed of backwards ideas about gay people.

She actually wasn't telling an anecdote at the reunion. She was trying to explain and defend her thought process. On camera, she told a Gig that she needed to rethink playing volleyball, because if she continued to do so, she may "turn" into a lesbian. Her Twitter blew up. Her blog blew up. Months later at the reunion, Andy asked  her about her comment and if she thought being gay was a choice. She said that they had a family member who had gone "back and forth", so that yes, she did think that being gay was a choice. 

• Love 7

Turn those frowns upside down!  Have faith in Andy.  He wants drama more than we do and he is in charge of showing clips, asking questions and steering the conversation.

I hope your right, but I think Andy checked out of these reunions a long time ago, and all he does now is go through the motions. 

• Love 6

I hope your right, but I think Andy checked out of these reunions a long time ago, and all he does now is go through the motions. 

Okay, I am taking my head out of the sand, reluctantly.  You are right.  sigh  All I want is just  a small pig pile on Yolanda, then.  Is that too much to ask?  

Given the leaked clips in the First Look thread we are going to have some action anyway, with LisaV, Kyle and Rinna it looks like. 

• Love 1

My impression from the leaked portion is that Yo backs Lisa V and doesn't believe Rinna, and that is why Yo is on Lisa V's couch.  She will still go after LVP for the kiddies don't have Lyme crap, but she is there to back her up against Rinna.

Wings707, I can't quote. But I personally feel comfortable concluding that Yolanda harbors definitively racist propensities. Some viewers, however, will undoubtedly have a different perspective because she's never actually issued aggressively hateful statements on the matter. But, from my perspective, there's a clear pattern of animus, condescension, and apologism for bias against brown people. Firstly, there was the decidedly chiding lecture she delivered to her Hispanic/Latino staff about the imperative to speak English in America, a thesis that was only slightly more diplomatic yet thematically synonymous with Brandi's point when she screamed to Joyce, "speak English, we're not in Miami!" Then she spearheaded the insistence to Joyce that "you can't call people racist" even if said people are making overtly racist remarks over and over like deploying a carciaturized pronunciation of the Spanish language ("Joy-sita"/"Hoi-sita" phonetically) and out and out identifying their subject by their ethnicity ("someone get me a drink before I kill a Puerto Rican"). All of the primary cast were guilty of trying to mitigate and whitesplain Brandi's behavior but Yo, in my opinion, elevated that defense into an attack on Joyce at the reunion. Which brings me to the next point: Yo positioning herself as far forward on the sofa as possible so that she could turn her back to Joyce. In context, it's notable to me that the castmate of color is the sole adversary on whom she's attempted to pull that manner of physical disrespect. The horrific fashion in which she's exploited and disseminated misinformation about Lyme has certainly influenced my estimation of her overall character but I think I'd feel fair in applying the 'r' word to Yolanda's documented behavior regardless.

• Love 11
I think Andy only brought it up because Yo said something along the lines that she worried Gigi was a lesbian because she played volleyball. I don't know if she;s homophobic, so much as ignorant and dumb.

Right, that was what Yolanda said, and the reason why Andy brought it up.

Even if it was ignorance on Yolanda's part (believing playing sports can turn one gay), the context was still that GiGi being a lesbian was something Yolanda feared. So, yeah, there's some homophobia at play there, imo.

But, from my perspective, there's a clear pattern of animus, condescension, and apologism for bias against brown people.

Unless said brown person is a Grammy and Oscar nominated singer who brings her kid as his date to red carpet events.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 8

I can't remember where it was.  Whether it was on the show itself, during a reunion or one Watch What Happens Live, but I also recall someone made a comment that inferred ever so slightly that her own children would not be seen as "white" in certain segments of American society and she got case of fuming stink eye and made sure the subject got changed.  They were talking about how beautiful it seems mixed ethnic children often turn out to be.  And whoever it was said something like "just look at Yoolander's kids."  As a compliment.  But it was not an example Yoolander wanted out there.  And she actually seemed to start disputing that they were any such example. 

• Love 4

Any hope Andy calls out Erika for continuing the "my gays" like he did last(?) reunion? He was really mad about the use of gay men as accessories,rightly so, he even talked about it on Stern after the reunion.

• Love 9

Wings707, I can't quote. But I personally feel comfortable concluding that Yolanda harbors definitively racist propensities. Some viewers, however, will undoubtedly have a different perspective because she's never actually issued aggressively hateful statements on the matter. But, from my perspective, there's a clear pattern of animus, condescension, and apologism for bias against brown people. Firstly, there was the decidedly chiding lecture she delivered to her Hispanic/Latino staff about the imperative to speak English in America, a thesis that was only slightly more diplomatic yet thematically synonymous with Brandi's point when she screamed to Joyce, "speak English, we're not in Miami!" Then she spearheaded the insistence to Joyce that "you can't call people racist" even if said people are making overtly racist remarks over and over like deploying a carciaturized pronunciation of the Spanish language ("Joy-sita"/"Hoi-sita" phonetically) and out and out identifying their subject by their ethnicity ("someone get me a drink before I kill a Puerto Rican"). All of the primary cast were guilty of trying to mitigate and whitesplain Brandi's behavior but Yo, in my opinion, elevated that defense into an attack on Joyce at the reunion. Which brings me to the next point: Yo positioning herself as far forward on the sofa as possible so that she could turn her back to Joyce. In context, it's notable to me that the castmate of color is the sole adversary on whom she's attempted to pull that manner of physical disrespect. The horrific fashion in which she's exploited and disseminated misinformation about Lyme has certainly influenced my estimation of her overall character but I think I'd feel fair in applying the 'r' word to Yolanda's documented behavior regardless.

I think Yolanda showed her hand when she told Gigi not have "Chinese eyes" when she was posing for photos.  That was either sheer ignorance or Yolanda expressing her belief that Asian eyes aren't as good as occidental eyes in her daughter's  modeling career.   I wonder how that worked out for her when David was judging Asia's Got Talent.

I disagree all the cast were trying to mitigate and whitesplain Brandi at the reunion.  Throughout the season Kyle's support of Joyce never waivered and she in fact was pretty appalled at Brandi's treatment in Palm Springs and Yolanda's dinner, where after being asked by the King to deliver a toast in Spanish, Brandi interrupted with, "speak English" or something totally inappropriate. 

• Love 8

If Brandi patented the "I can't be racist; I fuck black dudes" variation on "my best friend is black," perhaps Yolanda will popularize the "don't you dare call me racist, my daughter is fucking a black dude" entry into the canon of critical race theory . . . Personally, I recall Kyle's forays into the issue as pretty disappointing and non-substantive. I do remember her expressing her customary chagrin and nominal disgust with Brandi's behavior in the real time of filming but those criticisms seemed to be pretty consistent with the disdain she perennially had for a longtime adversary - when was she not clutching her pearls over some Glanvillian transgression? She and Kim offered little commentary on the specifically racial dimensions to Brandi's escalating vileness and, additionally, I ultimately thought their critiques served as a direct foil to Lisa's later efforts to retcon her initial contortions to find an excuse for the conduct in question. For all three, Brandi was defensible or reconcilable with their personal moral codes when she was convenient as a weapon against an opponent yet the same overall lack of boundaries proved beyond the pale when Brandi was positioned antithetically to their strategic objectives. For instance, I don't believe Kyle chimed in on or piped up in opposition to Yolanda's bullshit at the reunion or offered any commentary during the retrospective dissection of Brandi's campaign of bigotry. I give Kyle and Kim half a credit for objecting at all to Brandi's thread of attacks considering that constituted a full step up from Carlton screaming "be quiet" to the attacked minority or Lisa's lame rationalizations about Branndi's single motherhood but that's it.

My issue is when one or a group of the woman are referenced with "all the women".  I don't recall there every being a round robin opportunity for the others to weigh in on Brandi's comments.  Erika did the "these women" this past episode when in fact I believe she meant to single Kathryn out.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

IMO,  Yo acts superior to most everyone regardless of race or ethnicity.  And that's what it's about.  That's who she is.  She is superior.  Not because she is 'white'.  She is extremely ignorant and not intelligent but she doesn't get that.

She didn't like Joyce because Joyce betrayed her by going back to Lisa with what Yo had said.  She criticized the Hispanic worker because she is superior by learning English, not because he was Hispanic.  She told Gigi not to have Chinese eyes because big eyes are important in modeling.  Ignorant?  Yes. Racist?  Nah.  Her superiority is not drawn by race.  This is the woman who has the worst case of Chronic Lyme Disease in the world and has had no problem spewing her condescending attitude toward anyone who is not her minion.  

If she truly was racist, she would never marry and have children with a Muslim from the Middle East.

• Love 8

IMO, Yo acts superior to most everyone regardless of race or ethnicity. And that's what it's about. That's who she is. She is superior. Not because she is 'white'. She is extremely ignorant and not intelligent but she doesn't get that.

She didn't like Joyce because Joyce betrayed her by going back to Lisa with what Yo had said. She criticized the Hispanic worker because she is superior by learning English, not because he was Hispanic. She told Gigi not to have Chinese eyes because big eyes are important in modeling. Ignorant? Yes. Racist? Nah. Her superiority is not drawn by race. This is the woman who has the worst case of Chronic Lyme Disease in the world and has had no problem spewing her condescending attitude toward anyone who is not her minion.

If she truly was racist, she would never marry and have children with a Muslim from the Middle East.

Oh, a person can be racist and and have spouses and "friends" be of another ethnicity.

They make distinctions.

• Love 10

Oh, a person can be racist and and have spouses and "friends" be of another ethnicity.

They make distinctions.

This reminds me of Brandi thinking that she should be absolved of showing her prejudice against Joyce because she used to be married to a man with Cuban blood. 

• Love 8

The premise that Yolanda is inherently unprejudiced against all minorities because she happened to trick with a Palestinian man is identical to Brandi's protest, "I'm not racist because I fuck black dudes." It's a problematic formulation that conflates all non-white ethnicities because there's not compulsory congruence or relationship between, for example, Middle Easterners and Hispanics. Plenty of individuals within specific taxonomies of color harbor racially motivated biases against other taxonomies. Notable members of the KKK have literally pretended to harbor American Indian heritage because there's a significant cultural distinction between how the country has positioned each minority in the public imagination. And class is often a great equalizer. So the fact that Bella is dating a native of Ethiopia or that Yolanda married Mohammed's millions means nothing apropos her treatment of Latina/os. And there's perhaps no apter illustration of institutional/casual racism that a rich white woman lecturing her Hispanic domestic freelancers to speak English because 'Murica. All my subjective opinion, of course.

• Love 6

The premise that Yolanda is inherently unprejudiced against all minorities because she happened to trick with a Palestinian man is identical to Brandi's protest, "I'm not racist because I fuck black dudes." It's a problematic formulation that conflates all non-white ethnicities because there's not compulsory congruence or relationship between, for example, Middle Easterners and Hispanics. Plenty of individuals within specific taxonomies of color harbor racially motivated biases against other taxonomies. Notable members of the KKK have literally pretended to harbor American Indian heritage because there's a significant cultural distinction between how the country has positioned each minority in the public imagination. And class is often a great equalizer. So the fact that Bella is dating a native of Ethiopia or that Yolanda married Mohammed's millions means nothing apropos her treatment of Latina/os. And there's perhaps no apter illustration of institutional/casual racism that a rich white woman lecturing her Hispanic domestic freelancers to speak English because 'Murica. All my subjective opinion, of course.

I believe that Yolanda suffers a mix of racism and elitism. If the man has enough money, race is not a factor,  as for women, I don't think Yolanda cares if a woman has money or not, race is the ruling factor.

• Love 7

This is the reunion thread. Can you take it to their threads if you want to get deeper into this.

It looks like Yo made it through the reunion. So someone had to move to the other couch.  Hmmm who moved over? LVP? Erika? She got along with both Rinna (going by the most recent dinner party) and Eileen and made up with Kathryn at the Habitat fight for Humanity.  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 1

This is the reunion thread. Can you take it to their threads if you want to get deeper into this.

It looks like Yo made it through the reunion. So someone had to move to the other couch.  Hmmm who moved over? LVP? Erika? She got along with both Rinna (going by the most recent dinner party) and Eileen and made up with Kathryn at the Habitat fight for Humanity.  

If you scroll up to near the top of the page, there is a photo of this reunions seating chart.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

FYI, the US Census considers Arabs "white", and Mohamed has light eyes. Also, I'm not sure the Weeknd is native of Ethiopia, he was born and raised in Toronto, Canada.
  • Love 1

They make distinctions.

Point taken but calling someone a 'racist' is a very serious accusation and as much as I loathe Yo, declaring her a racist is not called for or fair at this point. 

• Love 3

Point taken but calling someone a 'racist' is a very serious accusation and as much as I loathe Yo, declaring her a racist is not called for or fair at this point.

It is a serious accusation but I never called Yoyo a racist. You said she couldn't truly be a racist because she married a middle eastern man and I pointed out that yes a person very well can be. Because of the personal relationship or close interactions a distinction is made between that particular person and their race as a whole or, a person can be selectively racist toward one group but not another.

Look at the pro basketball team owner Donald Sterling here in L.A.. He had no issues about dating one nationality but when it came to her black friends it was quite another issue entirely and he didn't consider himself a racist.

• Love 5

Well, they always toss the newbies/lightweights/one season wonders on the end?

Andy's favorites or fan favorites are usually beside him with their antagonist on the other side. Theresa G. from RHoNJ whom I believe Andy doesn't care for got position one (right side of Andy) because she was fan polarizing, her story drove the season and it was national news .

• Love 2

I just wish Kim would fuck off into the sunset.

Lives or dies I don't give a shit.

"Fuck off into the sunset".

Brilliant, I will give you credit, should I ever need to use that quote.

BTW, I have read some of the BEST one liners on this site.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2

It is a serious accusation but I never called Yoyo a racist. You said she couldn't truly be a racist because she married a middle eastern man and I pointed out that yes a person very well can be. Because of the personal relationship or close interactions a distinction is made between that particular person and their race as a whole or, a person can be selectively racist toward one group but not another.

Look at the pro basketball team owner Donald Sterling here in L.A.. He had no issues about dating one nationality but when it came to her black friends it was quite another issue entirely and he didn't consider himself a racist.

I don't think that the yo is 'racist' in the typical way? If the movers she admonished for speaking espanol, were speaking in English, she wouldn't have said anything to them? Her need to correct someone about the way (language) they spoke, says quite a bit about her. Her dig about the 'lesbian VB player' shows a different kind 'dislike'. We can call it prejudice when it doesn't involve a race? Either way, she has some fucked up need to correct/dislike/distance herself from the things she doesn't like.

I used to work with a gal who "ONLY" had friends who had degrees or were going to school. She really thought that people with schooling were of a better cut.

For some reason, I don't see yoyo having anything to do with the 'Great Unwashed'? I can see her correcting/counseling people all the time?

I want to see "We interrupt this program and proudly present HEIDI".

Otherwise I'm going to have a headache.

The Raiders will win, again.

• Love 3

If you scroll up to near the top of the page, there is a photo of this reunions seating chart.

Thanks I know.  I was posting about what will happen when Kim shows up. Yo made it through apparently.  

It is possible for someone to be racist in a selective way "no blacks", rather than an exclusive "aryans only" way, there's not much of a case for either applying to Yolanda.
  • Love 2

I want to see "We interrupt this program and proudly present HEIDI".

Otherwise I'm going to have a headache.

But Dahling you simply cawn't have a headache because the ponys are near the pool. ;-)

The Raiders will win, again.

Quite possibly, they are slowly building a team. Edited by Giselle

I think Yo beleives her way is the right way. I remember her giving advice to Kyle about Kim in Amsterdam based on Yos relationship with her siblings, not based on what was going on with Richards sisters. Yo thinks if she feels or says it, it is correct. In that infamous article where Davis says the other ladies are clowns he also said Yo is good at giving advice and I thought...hmmm, I'm not seeing that.

• Love 4

My prediction is Yolanda is going to shift gears at the Reunion from her illness and the rest of them being bad friends, to being devastated over her divorce.  So devastated she decided to announce on the premiere date to ensure she would get top billing.

I hope the other ladies who will not have the courage to confront Yolanda about being a miserable hypochondriac, will confront her about her friendship comments.

Otherwise I just see everyone promising to be a better, more committed friend to Yolanda with LVP leading the parade.  Which at some level is genius on LVP's part because anything Yolanda does from here on out to overthrow LVP's reign will become without reason as to LVP misbehaving.  Mostly I hope Yolanda announces her retirement.

• Love 3

This was posted in the episode thread but needs to be here too.  

http://www.inquisitr.com/2894022/yolanda-foster-stormed-out-of-rhobh-season-six-reunion-over-lyme-disease-questions-report/

As Rinna explained to co-stars Lisa Vanderpump and Kyle Richards during Season 6, those with Munchausen syndrome fake illnesses in an effort to gain attention and sympathy from others.
After the issue was brought up at the reunion taping, Yolanda Foster reportedly felt overwhelmed by Rinna, Vanderpump, and Richards questioning her about her illness and ultimately left the stage only to return a short time later.
“[Yolanda Foster] was getting very defensive, and started crying, as if that might stop the barrage of questions,” the insider claimed. “It didn’t, and it ended with Yolanda storming off the set. She said she felt ganged up on, and it took more than twenty minutes of producers cajoling Yolanda to get her to agree to come back to the set and finish filming.”
And while many may have thought that Yolanda Foster’s reported breakdown would have softened her co-stars’ behavior towards her, they “didn’t feel sorry that Yolanda felt attacked.”
“Lisa Rinna said she felt Yolanda used her as a scapegoat all season to deflect from what was going on in her failing marriage to David Foster,” the source explained.
In addition to facing questions about her illness, Yolanda Foster was also confronted with questions about her divorce from David Foster, which was announced in December 2015 after four years of marriage.
“Andy Cohen did push [Yolanda Foster] to confess what wrong with the marriage to David,” the source revealed. “Yolanda blamed her illness as a contributing factor leading to the divorce. But she refused to reveal any details beyond the barest of details about the divorce to David. It was frustrating for everyone else, because she just wasn’t willing to discuss the personal details of her life.”
Yolanda Foster was diagnosed with Lyme disease just months after marrying David on November 11, 2011, and ever since, she has been traveling the globe in hopes of finding a cure. She’s also been focused on her three children, Gigi, Bella, and Anwar Hadid, who’ve been traveling to several countries to further their modeling resumes.

• Love 1

It ill advised to travel to Dubai if looking for excitement or entertainment.  There are other places that are more relaxed!  Ha!  I guess so.

http://www.realityviews.in/2010/01/going-to-dubai-know-41-laws-do-and.html

Number 32 is a doozy. 

There are many sites warning how serious it is in Dubai and how easily you can be thrown in jail and even get the death penalty.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

It ill advised to travel to Dubai if looking for excitement or entertainment.  There are other places that are more relaxed!  Ha!  I guess so.

http://www.realityviews.in/2010/01/going-to-dubai-know-41-laws-do-and.html

Number 32 is a doozy. 

There are many sites warning how serious it is in Dubai and how easily you can be thrown in jail and even get the death penalty.  

32 was bad but 48 was the worst. I no longer want to go to Dubai.

• Love 4