Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe neglected to mention that they had immigrated to the USA. Omar's parents immigrated to the USA from Afghanistan.

The Bernadino shooter was born in the US, only his wife immigrated to the US. Trump didn't mention that his parents immigrated to the US from Germany. Or that his wife immigrated from Slovenia.

28 minutes ago, oakville said:

am surprised that Morning Joe doesn't have anyone from the gay community or the muslim community on the show to discuss the consequences of the Orlando massacre.

Not sure why I care but was there any mention of the wonderfully inclusive vigil held last night in downtown Orlando?  I'm still kicking myself for not going :(

I used to enjoy this show years ago, but the last year has been unwatchable.  I can watch for about 5 minutes before I change the channel.  Joe AND Mika constantly over talk their guests and interrupt them- why do they even have guests on and why in the world would any of their guests agree to be on the show.  

They both just want to tell us how right they are and how they were right all along - I think they must suffer from amnesia.

• Love 1

Someone needs to do a side-by-side clip segment of Joe's contradictions re: his support of Trump. Of course, it would be more of a season than a segment but...

• Love 6

Just to think about six weeks ago Larry Wilmore joked at the Correspondents Dinner that Morning Joe was so far up Trump's butt they could see Chris Christie. That joke didn't come from nowhere.

Methinks they all doth protest too much. They should call out Trump of course but the amount of time that they spend doing so is disproportionate to the coverage he deserves. I mean it's practically non-stop at this point.

And now they're kissing Clinton's ass ("she's never sounded better!" they coo). Hey guys, how about laying off the sycophanty given how great it worked out for you re Trump? 

• Love 4
(edited)

It was refreshing today to see all the republicans invited on MJ  to call out Trump's insinuation that President Obama is an Islamic terrorist sympathizer and that the President might likely be one himself.

Oops.  That never happened.  I wonder why?

Thank you Jeffrey Goldberg for saying if the President is an undercover Islamic terrorist, he's a pretty bad one.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 7
(edited)

The fact of the matter is, the Orlando terrorist's  parents immigrated here under GOP's beloved Ronald Reagan administration. Of course Trump makes it sound as if they came here during the Obama administration.

The "liberal" media needs to point that out 24/7 because I only heard it pointed out but once yesterday. It is key that Reagan's name be invoked EVERY time Trump, his camp and the GOP talk out of their ass and try to connect  the Obama administration's immigration policies with this latest terrorist attack.

So the responsible journalist need to bring it up every time a Trump surrogate is on camera cosigning his lies and all throughout every damn news show on their networks.

Edited by represent
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Just to think about six weeks ago Larry Wilmore joked at the Correspondents Dinner that Morning Joe was so far up Trump's butt they could see Chris Christie. That joke didn't come from nowhere.

Methinks they all doth protest too much. They should call out Trump of course but the amount of time that they spend doing so is disproportionate to the coverage he deserves. I mean it's practically non-stop at this point.

And now they're kissing Clinton's ass ("she's never sounded better!" they coo). Hey guys, how about laying off the sycophanty given how great it worked out for you re Trump? 

Agreed. You would think that Mika & Joe would have learned a lesson to stop sucking up to politicians.

Was there any discussion of Hillary using the term "radical Islamic terrorism"?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Showwatcher said:

I used to enjoy this show years ago, but the last year has been unwatchable.  I can watch for about 5 minutes before I change the channel.  Joe AND Mika constantly over talk their guests and interrupt them- why do they even have guests on and why in the world would any of their guests agree to be on the show.  

They both just want to tell us how right they are and how they were right all along - I think they must suffer from amnesia.

Agreed. It's shocking that couldn't get one prominent guest to discuss the relationship between the muslim & gay community in Florida.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Not sure why I care but was there any mention of the wonderfully inclusive vigil held last night in downtown Orlando?  I'm still kicking myself for not going :(

Not a word about it, but you probably knew that in your heart. <3 to you and your community, this is so damn sad and awful.

• Love 1

Wednesday recap. Mika is off. Joe is wearing a light blue sweater. The new word of the day is "baked in". The latest poll shows Hillary leading Trump 49-37. Gary Johnson has 9%. Joe bragged that he forecast Trump only had a few weeks to gain support of Hispanics & Women. If not, Hillary's lead would be baked in. Joe said the GOP has to have town halls explaining the conditions that Trump has to follow to get their support. Joe said Hillary found her voice. Joe said Trump sounds shrill & out of control. Joe said that he was surprised how muted Obama has been after all the terrorist attacks. Obama & Hillary used the words islam yesterday.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shut up Al Hunt.  GOP mommies in the suburbs of Minneapolis don't matter a whit.  Minnesota in presidential elections has the longest record of voting blue in the country, and tRump came in third with a Rubio win here.  There is no damn way that Minnesota is dumb enough to even give tRump a 1st look.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

Yes, Minnesota gave us Hubert Humphrey, Walter Mondale, and Paul Wellstone (and now Al Franken).  ButMinnesota also gave us Jesse Ventura, Michele Bachman and Vin Weber (the latter is a serious politician and shouldn't be lumped together with the other two, but for years was the rising star in the Gingrich arm of the GOP.)  For the past two or three cycles, Minnesota has been classified a "purple" state. I don't think Hunt was crazy to make that observation.

• Love 3

And I will add.  I live in a republican leaning district in a Minneapolis suburb that twice overwhelmingly voted for President Obama.  We may even elect a democrat to the US congress this year!  (I've lived here 21+ years with a republican.)  Thank you MR Trump.

Was Mike Lupica  invited on today because he's known Trump for 30 years, he says, and Trump knows better than to act like this.  He's always acted like this.  You, Mike, etc, just chose not to recognize the real Donald Trump.

I love how they always throw out the,"he should listen to his family.  His family's his best surrogates".

Why should anyone listen to his family?  Is this an election for shoes and handbags?

• Love 6

Do they often come out from behind that table at the end of the show?

Joe looked like a giant standing there with, well, whoever else that was. I listen more than watch plus was mesmerized by GiantJoe.

• Love 1

Was Mike Lupica  invited on today because he's known Trump for 30 years, he says, and Trump knows better than to act like this.  He's always acted like this.  You, Mike, etc, just chose not to recognize the real Donald Trump.

Trump has always been a bloviating buffoon, true. But some of the things he's been doing in this campaign seriously make me wonder if he's suffering from some sort of early-onset dementia, and I'm being dead serious. The immature taunting for example. And last weekend he hugged a flag. The Trump of the 1980s was pompous to a very self-conscious degree. He was obsessed with how he came off in public. Now he looks like a crazy slob - the 1980s Trump would have sneered at the 2016 Trump as a crazy old man. Look at Ivanka the next time she's on stage with him. She actually looks concerned. 

I don't like this show when Mika isn't on. I mean she's not the greatest but this show is even more of a Bro Show in her absence. And in all the years Harold Ford Jr has appeared, he has failed to say anything remotely interesting or insightful (well I guess it was "interesting" when he referred to Kirsten Gillebrand dismissively as "young lady" but it wasn't interesting in a good way.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Do they often come out from behind that table at the end of the show?

Joe looked like a giant standing there with, well, whoever else that was. I listen more than watch plus was mesmerized by GiantJoe.

They always used to, not as often anymore.

• Love 2

Wednesday recap. Mika &Joe are in Washington. Joe is in a suit. They hosted a benefit for Sandyhook. The panel is very happy that the Trump campaign is imploding. Joe was shouting over everyone that the GOP has to find another candidate but he couldn't name one. Joe tried to look into the camera & do one of his serious speeches but it didn't last long. The polls are bad for the GOP Senators in races. Mika bragged that she knew that Trump's poll numbers would go down. Joe said he knew all along that Trump would fail.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Wednesday recap. Mika &Joe are in Washington. Joe is in a suit. They hosted a benefit for Sandyhook. The panel is very happy that the Trump campaign is imploding. Joe was shouting over everyone that the GOP has to find another candidate but he couldn't name one. Joe tried to look into the camera & do one of his serious speeches but it didn't last long. The polls are bad for the GOP Senators in races. Mika bragged that she knew that Trump's poll numbers would go down. Joe said he knew all along that Trump would fail.

Do they think we all just fell off the turnip truck?  We remember Joe and Meeka (pun intended) prostrating themselves before the alter of tRump, we witnessed all the tRump butt kissing, we saw and heard all that BFF crap when his numbers were high and - God forbid - it looked like he could win this thing and they'd be invited to WH sleepovers.  Now that his numbers are tanking and Hillary's are rising, they're dropping him like a hot rock and  she's getting (however faint) praise from those two opportunists.  Could they be any more obvious?

• Love 7

Kasich was great calling them out on the Trump buttkissing. I only wish he called out MJ specifically, he left it generally about the "media." But it clearly rubbed Joe the wrong way. 

The Trump pillorying continued today. Enough. Other news networks and shows manage to cover Trump and not spend two or three hours ranting against him. There's another candidate in this race that is not getting any scrutiny on this show while they make up for past sins.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Kasich was great calling them out on the Trump buttkissing. I only wish he called out MJ specifically, he left it generally about the "media." But it clearly rubbed Joe the wrong way. 

The Trump pillorying continued today. Enough. Other news networks and shows manage to cover Trump and not spend two or three hours ranting against him. There's another candidate in this race that is not getting any scrutiny on this show while they make up for past sins.

I think Joe & Mika are losing credibility on a daily basis with their over the top critiques of Trump. They should apologize to the viewers for what they did in being infatuated with Trump over the past year. I wonder if they will even bother to show up at the GOP convention this year.

• Love 2

Gah, I'm getting so pissed off listening to that whole panel being so ignorant and uninformed about the Syrian refugees. The refugees are not the source of terrorism in various parts of the world!!!!!! Thugs and idiots are and there are thugs and idiots of every religion, like the guy who shot and stabbed the British MP yesterday, and the nationalist that the police in NY arrested yesterday with a shitload of weapons and ammunition planning an attack.

The last two 'terrorists' who attacked in the US were not refugees - they were American born citizens. Most of the madmen who caused so much death and terror in France and Belgium were not refugees - they were native born in those countries.

The actual refugees are living desperate lives in refugee camps and all of them that have managed to get papers to emigrate to other countries are settling in well and adapting to their new homes. Canada took in 25,000 of them in the past year and they are almost all families grateful to have been rescued from their dire circumstances.

I can't believe that none of them disputed Joe's implication that all Muslim refugees were dangerous. That's exactly why President Obama doesn't want to use the term Islamic terrorists. Their ignorance is dangerous.

• Love 9

Friday recap. Mika is off because her daughter is graduating High School. The show began showing clips of Trump's speeches from a year ago & 1 day ago. Joe began by discussing his parenting skills & what a great job he did raisng his son with asperbergers who got married last week. Ron Fournier's son has asperbergers or autism. Donnie Deutshe said his kids have problems. The next topic was Syria. Joe's solution is a safe zone in Syria. Apparently aa report came out & 51 us diplomats disagreed with President Obama about air strikes against Assad. Jansing said it was an embarrassement for the administration. Deutshe said taking out Assad could make things worse. Joe said the international community should get together to fix Syria. Joe said Obama doesn't have any relationship with world leaders. Joe said the refugees are creating chaos in Europe.

• Love 2

Joe said Obama doesn't have any relationship with world leaders.

Joe is an idiot. Obama spent his first term and almost all of Hillary's stint as Secretary of State mending relationships around the world that Joe's beloved Republican president Bush had nearly destroyed. Joe loves polls. He should check some international ones which show that President Obama is almost universally liked and respected, and Hillary Clinton has been the most admired woman in the world for 20 years running.

• Love 7

Someone on the panel said Trump's goal is to create a cable tv network called Trump TV after the election. They would get subscribers & have Trump discussing policies  etc & selling steaks . It would be like Glenn Beck's tv network. Joe said Trump wants to make money from his supporters. Confessore said Trump can't lose as badly as Goldwater.

• Love 3
(edited)

Joe was at his bloviating best today when he was crowing that Obama wouldn't have been able to handle the 1991 Middle East crisis and what a stud George H.W. Bush was. Yeah it helped when the USSR had its own problems and wasn't interested in propping a despot up.

Obama spent his first term and almost all of Hillary's stint as Secretary of State mending relationships around the world that Joe's beloved Republican president Bush had nearly destroyed.

Not sure what Hillary brought to table here. Obama's foreign policy achievements  attributable to Kerry's workhorse approach to the job. 

Hillary Clinton has been the most admired woman in the world for 20 years running.

Meaningless. Trump tied Pope Francis for second most admired person last year. http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/obama-clinton-top-admired-poll-trump-ties-pope-article-1.2478865 Those polls are just name recognition polls. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 1
(edited)

Did we ever hear where Carly is going to college?  Such a big deal was made of her older sister's acceptance and attendance at Johns Hopkins by Mika.

The only time that Ron Fournier is charming is when he talks about his son, too bad that empathic nature doesn't extend to the rest of what he does.  My kids have "issues" and I know the hurt of watching your children struggle socially before they find themselves and figure it out.  It's interesting that now that tRump is the "scary" GOP nominee, Ron Fournier doesn't let out a squeak of all the Clinton hate we used to hear from him.  Not a peep out of him about her last night on Hardball either.

Edited by NextIteration
(edited)
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Someone on the panel said Trump's goal is to create a cable tv network called Trump TV after the election. They would get subscribers & have Trump discussing policies  etc & selling steaks . It would be like Glenn Beck's tv network. Joe said Trump wants to make money from his supporters. Confessore said Trump can't lose as badly as Goldwater.

My fondest hope is that this campaign decimates his precious "brand." I want the media to expose him as the liar and fraud he is, beginning with unearthing his tax returns to demonstrate what a sham his so-called "billionaire" status really is. Lawrence O'Donnell tried to bring this up on MJ last year and got screamed at by Joe. I don't think O'Donnell has appeared on the show since.

It would be interesting to see if the crew is more amenable to this line of attack now that they have fallen out of favor with the Orange One.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

Donnie says today that Trump doesn't want to president.

Katty Kay says that she's talked to women who say they won't vote for Hillary and will vote for Trump.

I'd like to know how many women she's talked to because that would be true of any candidate and polling all kinds of people, Trump included, so I don't know what her point was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Donnie says today that Trump doesn't want to president.

Katty Kay says that she's talked to women who say they won't vote for Hillary and will vote for Trump.

I'd like to know how many women she's talked to because that would be true of any candidate and polling all kinds of people, Trump included, so I don't know what her point was.

It would seem that anecdotal evidence is all they need to grandstand a talking point/poll.

And I was surprised that the MJ crew gave credit to Vanity Fair for the TrumpNetwork possibility. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Eliot said:

My fondest hope is that this campaign decimates his precious "brand." I want the media to expose him as the liar and fraud he is, beginning with unearthing his tax returns to demonstrate what a sham his so-called "billionaire" status really is. Lawrence O'Donnell tried to bring this up on MJ last year and got screamed at by Joe. I don't think O'Donnell has appeared on the show since.

It would be interesting to see if the crew is more amenable to this line of attack now that they have fallen out of favor with the Orange One.

From your mouth to god's ears.  I cannot fathom how anyone with a working brain cell can fall for tRump's line of b.s.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Not sure what Hillary brought to table here. Obama's foreign policy achievements  attributable to Kerry's workhorse approach to the job. 

It's not necessary to tear down one person you have a hate on for because they trounced Bernie in the election in order to big up another. Yes, John Kerry has done a terrific job but he was able to build on what Hillary started and worked so hard on. Quite a different place from what Hillary was handed when she began her term. Even Joe and Mika with their barely concealed hate of Hillary admit that she was a fine and effective Secretary of State with many accomplishments to her name.

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, NextIteration said:

Did we ever hear where Carly is going to college?  Such a big deal was made of her older sister's acceptance and attendance at Johns Hopkins by Mika.

The only time that Ron Fournier is charming is when he talks about his son, too bad that empathic nature doesn't extend to the rest of what he does.  My kids have "issues" and I know the hurt of watching your children struggle socially before they find themselves and figure it out.  It's interesting that now that tRump is the "scary" GOP nominee, Ron Fournier doesn't let out a squeak of all the Clinton hate we used to hear from him.  Not a peep out of him about her last night on Hardball either.

Carlie is going to Dartmouth. Last year Mika was bragging that Smirky Kristol would be one of the older daughter's professors at john Hopkins.

It is very interesting to see that Fournier is keeping quiet about the Clintons. Katty Kay was rude to Mike Weaver, Bernie's campaign manager & said "Why do you have a job?" Weaver said the campaign is still active & they will bring up issues at the convention. Weaver said Bernie can't force his supporters to vote for Hillary.

23 hours ago, Eliot said:

The owners of the Trump Hotel in Toronto are trying to have the management contract with Trump cancelled. They want to change the name because its bad for business. I do think the Trump TV network is a fascinating idea. In a country of 300 million people, even a few million viewers would be very profitable. A few years ago, Mika & Joe were trying to get their show syndicated. Joe was jealous of Glenn Beck. Joe was outraged that Beck could make more money with his own show as opposed to being a Fox News employee.

10 hours ago, shok said:

It's not necessary to tear down one person you have a hate on for because they trounced Bernie in the election in order to big up another. Yes, John Kerry has done a terrific job but he was able to build on what Hillary started and worked so hard on. Quite a different place from what Hillary was handed when she began her term. Even Joe and Mika with their barely concealed hate of Hillary admit that she was a fine and effective Secretary of State with many accomplishments to her name.

Joe frequently mocked Hillary for not doing anything as Secretary of State except flying around the world. Hillary would have a head start on other Presidents since she knows many heads of State.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, NewDigs said:

It would seem that anecdotal evidence is all they need to grandstand a talking point/poll.

And I was surprised that the MJ crew gave credit to Vanity Fair for the TrumpNetwork possibility. 

Perhaps Katty got to meet the thousands of important people that come up to Joe & brief him on important issues.?

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, Mumbles said:

I finally got a chance to see the Kasich-Joe interview. Joe got very upset when Kasich said that when he called in there were no ratings, but when Trump came on , they had great ratings. Kasich told Joe to stop kidding himself. Kasich is right. The media has a responsibility to be tough on candidates like Trump who say stupid things.

• Love 3

Whenever this show discusses Trump's call to ban Muslims entering the US, I want to know how they would react if countries serious about gun control called for travel restriction on US citizens. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Whenever this show discusses Trump's call to ban Muslims entering the US, I want to know how they would react if countries serious about gun control called for travel restriction on US citizens. 

Interesting, but I don't think any countries allow you to carry guns into a foreign country. You can't bring a gun into Canada when you are visiting. I am not sure about Mexico.