Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Tuesday Recap.

Mika & Joe are in Florida.

First topic is George W bush speech on immigration. Joe said Conservatives appreciate Obama & Bush.

Joe said he likes immigration but was opposed to Bush's pathway to citizenship bill in 2006.

Barnicle, Glaude, Jim Vanderhei & Susan Fereccio are the panelists.

Back to Trump's Tweets.:((

• Love 5

So Joe is STILL mad about Trump's tweeting about McCain?  Wasn't that over the weekend? It's Tuesday, Joe, you have already ranted about that...try and keep up.

I noticed that during one of Joe's practiced off-the-cuff rants this morning, Meeka forgot that, on air, they are supposed to be in separate places.  She looked over at him adoringly.  They are not even trying anymore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don't watch much anymore but today I tuned in around 8, and for a moment I thought I had tuned into a reboot of the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker show.  Joe was talking about a passage in the Bible and, unfortunately, Eddie Glaude was joining in.  Has this turned into a religious show now?  Do they not want non-Christians, agnostics or atheists to watch this show anymore?  It's just strange. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I understand that the death of a parent can have a profound effect on a person, but I am soooo not liking Sunday School teacher Joe.

I think this has more to do with  hooch than the passing of his mother.  Well we know white Evangelicals love Trump so maybe he's decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". 

Joe has had Botox or fillers. His face is super puffy, his eyes are so squinty they're like two little black lines and they could show movies on that forehead.  It's like he had it done over the weekend and didn't realize it takes a few days for it all to settle down. 

• LOL 1

Caught some of the end and the take down of the Club for Growth dude. This highlighted how messed up this format was though. People yelling and screaming in all directions, 2 in their Florida bunker, the others around the panel etc.....I think Joe forgot who was on the panel at this stage too, misnaming someone to go first etc.....what a mess this show is right now lol

• Love 3

About Joe's preaching (show will lose me forever it this continues).  I think this is a sign that he is running for something.  You cannot be a Republican who is seeking office without the evangelical vote.  You can have all sorts of questions about your past and present behavior.  But if you can quote scripture...it's all good.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stormy said:

The whole bible thing?

I'm not a Christian so I don't even know what they were talking about.

I had no idea of what a Beatitude was until I looked it up just now. I thought it was a musical thing or something related to the Beatles 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't watch much anymore but today I tuned in around 8, and for a moment I thought I had tuned into a reboot of the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker show.  Joe was talking about a passage in the Bible and, unfortunately, Eddie Glaude was joining in.  Has this turned into a religious show now?  Do they not want non-Christians, agnostics or atheists to watch this show anymore?  It's just strange. 

It is very strange that Joe is quoting bible verses on every show .

Joe did admit to working hard to get the evangelical vote when he was running for Congress in 1994. He attended many services.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

About Joe's preaching (show will lose me forever it this continues).  I think this is a sign that he is running for something.  You cannot be a Republican who is seeking office without the evangelical vote.  You can have all sorts of questions about your past and present behavior.  But if you can quote scripture...it's all good.

William Shakespeare, from "The Merchant of Venice":

Mark you this, Bassanio,
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart:
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

How angry was our Bond villain that Beto was on the cover of Vanity Fair?  She spat the words out of her mouth.  Her contempt and envy in that moment was the realest she's ever been on the show.  What a delightful woman.

Her reading skills are getting worse daily. 
Finish your coffee every time she misplaces emphasis in a sentence or reads a word incorrectly.  You'll be in the hospital by Friday noon.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

How angry was our Bond villain that Beto was on the cover of Vanity Fair?  She spat the words out of her mouth.  Her contempt and envy in that moment was the realest she's ever been on the show.  What a delightful woman.

Beto raised $6 million in one day.

Even tho they flogged Joey's rancid music every day on this parody of a news show their relentless promotion resulted in a big, wet, sucky flop. Wha' happened to A New Album Release Every Month For A Year? ---> It lasted 2 months. 

Mika is not the draw at the KYV rallies or pep assemblies or whatever they're called. She relies on whoever she can dragoon into appearing at her tedious events. Tedious, yes. Because after all this time and all the promotion KYV is not even close to being a thing. --->These two mutts are the only ones talking about it. 

Envy? Oh yeah. Contempt? Indeed. 

• Love 6

Tuned in just in time to see Joey conducting evangelical catechism and asking, with relish, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?' while Tits LaRue purred like a kitten. Click. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

The opening of the show was devoted to Mike Trout signing a ginormous contract with the Angels. And this is MSNBC news worthy at 6 am because?

I left for CNN but when I came back near 7, polls were being discussed. Poor Jeff Greenfield could hardly get a thought out without being interrupted.

The polls and Greenfield's Bernie supporters prediction was disheartening to me.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Beto raised $6 million in one day.

Even tho they flogged Joey's rancid music every day on this parody of a news show their relentless promotion resulted in a big, wet, sucky flop. Wha' happened to A New Album Release Every Month For A Year? ---> It lasted 2 months. 

Mika is not the draw at the KYV rallies or pep assemblies or whatever they're called. She relies on whoever she can dragoon into appearing at her tedious events. Tedious, yes. Because after all this time and all the promotion KYV is not even close to being a thing. --->These two mutts are the only ones talking about it. 

Envy? Oh yeah. Contempt? Indeed. 

💋💋💋 to this entire post.  Rancid music.  Parody of a news show.   Big, wet, sucky flop.   👍

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, suomi said:

Tuned in just in time to see Joey conducting evangelical catechism and asking, with relish, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?' while Tits LaRue purred like a kitten. Click. 

LOL @ Tits LaRue.  They were all ruched this morning.

Pretty good interview with Mayor Pete though.   It was surreal to hear someone sound knowledgeable. 

• Love 4

"Tits Larue" ....Suomi wins everything.

So...Joe actually asked about Jesus being our Lord and Savior?  Yes, he is running.  

Tuned in around 8 and mentioned Meeka's boobs to Mr. Kemper (who said he hadn't noticed..he may be 80 but I am not stupid).  Next thing, she was wearing a scarf.  Wasn't she?  Have I imagined all of this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe are in NY. First topic was baseball. Joe said Trout was worth $430M.

Barnicle wants Trout to play for a big market baseball team like the Red Sox or Yankees.

Mika got frustrated with the baseball discussion.

Mika was upset at Robert Kraft for the sex scandal at the massage parlour.

Mika & Joe are upset at Trump for attacking McCain..

The panelists thought his Presidential campaign should have ended in July 2015.

Willie is mad at the GOP for not attacking Trump

Meeka pushing Joe's Washington Post column.  Pushing.  And she is reading it verbatim!  But.  It is nice seeing everyone sitting at the table.  Now she is using her squinty-eyed serious face when other people are talking.  Because? She can actually look at them, in person, while they speak.

The best part of the show was the too-brief discussion of Devin Nunes's lawsuit against two Twitter parody accounts--Devin Nunes's Mom and Devin Nunes Cow--and one actual person. I wish they'd stayed on this topic a while. All kinds of Devin Nunes parody accounts were popping up yesterday after the lawsuit was announced.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

"Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?' while Tits LaRue purred like a kitten. Click. 

Did he actually say that? I was in the kitchen and the volume was down so I couldn't hear, I was waiting for Mayor Pete to come on. Did he ask Pete that?

WTF is going on with him?  I don't want to watch the actual 700 Club, let alone this cluster fuck of faux Christianity.   

Mayor Pete is the real deal. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, stormy said:

The polls and Greenfield's Bernie supporters prediction was disheartening to me.

What was the prediction?

Joe asked someone on panel how he talks to his sisters who are Trump supporters. Joe took too long asking the question. The person tried to answer at least twice and was interrupted. I was interested as I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from the discussion on how to talk with relatives. People started over each other and question was not answered. It was annoying.

No one seems to be coming to same conclusion as me on reason Trump is going after Senator McCain. I believe it is to blame McCain for not getting rid of ACA (Obamacare). He needs an excuse for not keeping that campaign promise.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, stormy said:

Joe wants John Kerry to run. 

That was a new one.

Yeah, now that Joe is supposedly "no longer" a Republican, he's doing everything possible to try to impose his own will on Democrats rather than fix what's wrong with his own party.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Barnicle wants Trout to play for a big market baseball team like the Red Sox or Yankees.

The Los Angeles market, where the Angels and Trout play, is second in size only to New York.

Boston? Ninth.

I'm sorry I missed Buttigieg, but, based on today's posts, it looks like I saved myself a lot of aggravation skipping the rest of the show. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, madfortv said:

Oops! Anyway, the prediction was that Bernie supporters will not go along with anyone other than Bernie. It will be 2016 all over again. 😩

I couldn't believe in the first half hour how they were all talking over each other, it was just god awful to listen to, you couldn't make out what anyone was saying. 

What was with Mika pulling her sleeves down over her hands?  What are you 10? 

Then at 8:30 did she change tops and put on her minister's wife scarf?  

Someone posted on twitter a clip from 20 years ago of Trump insulting McCain.  This is nothing new.  

• Love 5

Joe asked Buttigieg if he had accepted Jesus, and he was like, "yeah, but being Christian is a lot more than just that."  And... shocker... proceeded to thoroughly unfurl a thoughtful and measured and sane description of what it means to be a faithful Christian.  Startling.  Then Joe asked him if he considered himself a capitalist, thinking that Mayor Pete would tie himself up in rhetorical knots, and he said, "Yes," confusing Joe who didn't expect a straightforward answer.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, xaxat said:

The Los Angeles market, where the Angels and Trout play, is second in size only to New York.

Boston? Ninth.

I'm sorry I missed Buttigieg, but, based on today's posts, it looks like I saved myself a lot of aggravation skipping the rest of the show. 

True, but the Angels don't spend like the Yankees and Red Sox do who by doing so become more "national teams"....plus the Angels play second-fiddle to the Dodgers in the LA market.

God, it's so painful that Joe thinks of himself as a Red Sox fan like myself.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe asked Buttigieg if he had accepted Jesus, and he was like, "yeah, but being Christian is a lot more than just that."  And... shocker... proceeded to thoroughly unfurl a thoughtful and measured and sane description of what it means to be a faithful Christian.  Startling.  Then Joe asked him if he considered himself a capitalist, thinking that Mayor Pete would tie himself up in rhetorical knots, and he said, "Yes," confusing Joe who didn't expect a straightforward answer.

Joe Scarborough has lost his fucking mind.   There is a separation of church & state you jack ass and religion is not the litmus test for a good candidate.   There are a lot of so called "Christians" who I wouldn't trust with $5 of my money, let alone the office of President. 

I love that Pete shut his stupid ass down. 

• Love 18