Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Tuesday Recap. Mika & Joe are back together. Mika is wearing her librarian outfit. Joe is not wearing glasses. The big news is that Trump is a shady businessmen who is violating the emoluments clause. Ivanka got 34 trademark in China in exchange for President Trump helping ZTE. Joe is wailing about Trump being a swamp creature. Joe bashed Jeff Flake & Corker for not shutting down the Senate. Speeches are OK, but they have to vote with The Democrats to defeat evil Trump. Joe bragged that he & his friends shut down the House in 1995. This was the golden age of Congress when Joe led a revolution against Clinton & Gingrich!. Joe is at fullblowhard levels. It is hilarious.

It's too bad , Joe never knew that Trump was shay in 2015.

Heileman said the GOP Senators and Congressmen are afraid of Trump supporters.

They control the party.

Joe said the GOP needs the establishment back. They need a responsible GOP member to primary Trump in 2020. Could Joe be the one?

That would make my day. Trump would have a field day with Joe's inconsistent statements about Trump.

Mika was beaming at Joe with her gaze throughout the first hour. Mika said she went to baseball games with Joe. She saw the Red Sox game.

She was happy. She said Joe hit a Home Run with her after the game.

I think that is a code word for something...

Joe is mad that Trump is worse than the Clinton at profiting from government service.

Joe is mad at Trump for promoting conspiracy theories like SpyGate & Birtherism.

Joe was mad at Trump for insinuating that he killed his intern. Joe denies being involved in her death.

Heileman said many GOP members believe that Mueller is not doing a good job of prosecuting Trump.

Trump is confusing everyone with his conspiracy theories.

Mueller is a straight arrow & will produce a fair & non partisan report on Trump.

I switched to the Canadian news because I want to see what's happening with the Ontario election. It's weird because my neighbor is the co host of the show. she is a very nice lady.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, XOQueens said:

No Morning Joe this morning. Man. Must be nice to have Mika’s work schedule. She’s been off since last Tuesday after-9:00am. 

In fairness, it was a holiday and all shows were either pre taped or reruns.  They did have some live segments during the day briefly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

In fairness, it was a holiday and all shows were either pre taped or reruns.  They did have some live segments during the day briefly. 

My statement stands lol. Must be nice to have her schedule. 

Has the show gotten so boring and predictable that we no longer care enough to comment a lot?  I tuned in for a bit and saw that The Gold Dust Twins were both there.  I can't remember why I switched it off...maybe House Hunter marathon.

Has the show Jumped the Shark?

23 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Has the show gotten so boring and predictable that we no longer care enough to comment a lot?  I tuned in for a bit and saw that The Gold Dust Twins were both there.  I can't remember why I switched it off...maybe House Hunter marathon.

Has the show Jumped the Shark?

Just for me personally, I get so bored/annoyed with how bad the show is when the bunker is in use that I start to shift out of watching -- and there was such a long period of time with bunkers and/or missing hosts that I really fell out of wanting to turn it on in the morning. Plus, the guests haven't been that great. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

My ears!!!  My ears!!!

Mika said Joe has a big bat. She told Barnicle she likes playing baseball with Joe. She likes to catch. I thought it was weird. Perhaps, Joe was decided to be nice to her this weekend , so she doesn’t.t reconcile with Avenhottiehoffer

• Love 6
On 3/29/2018 at 6:41 AM, millennium said:

Screw them all and their fawning praise for Roseanne and "learning to laugh" at the political divide.

To say you're a Trump supporter comes with the implicit and undeniable reality that you support racism, homophobia, lying, and sexual abuse of women, for starters.   Then there's the systematic demolition of democratic institutions and that whole "Rusher and Trump" thing.

Being a Trump supporter isn't a takeout menu.   You can't say, well, I just support the tax cuts and the elimination of Obamacare.   You support Trump, you support the whole enchilada.  

Scarborough knows that, but he's selective about where he casts shade.   If it behooves him to sound enthusiastic about Roseanne, he'll do it, probably hoping he can get her on the show

Just thought it would be interesting to bump Morning Joe's original stance on Roseanne, since Roseanne's recent Twitter rant calling Jarrett an ape has now pushed Joe and Mika over the edge of calling for ABC to cancel her show. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said Joe has a big bat. She told Barnicle she likes playing baseball with Joe. She likes to catch.

Is this serious?  This didn't really happen, did it???

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said Joe has a big bat. She told Barnicle she likes playing baseball with Joe. She likes to catch. I thought it was weird. Perhaps, Joe was decided to be nice to her this weekend , so she doesn’t.t reconcile with Avenhottiehoffer

[cringe-coughing uncontrollably whilst looking for gin]

So, Joe has a big bat, eh. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Just for me personally, I get so bored/annoyed with how bad the show is when the bunker is in use that I start to shift out of watching -- and there was such a long period of time with bunkers and/or missing hosts that I really fell out of wanting to turn it on in the morning. Plus, the guests haven't been that great. 

I liked the interviews with authors yesterday. The show needs new panelists. Barnacle is not relevant. I saw his friend Jimmy Breslin on the CNN 1968 .

I watch other shows in the morning ,but tune in for the first 15 minutes. For the recap. I catch up on mediate to see if anything interesting happened.

1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

Is this serious?  This didn't really happen, did it???

I forgot to add the sarcasm font:)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Either Meek-a is the dumbest broad alive or she's crass enough to intentionally spew those double entendres from her pie hole.  Please tell me this didn't actually happen.  I've already deleted it from my DVR before watching.   Oh my freaking lord, her daughters must be mortified.  -  And this is the woman who touts knowing her worth?  Seriously???  She sounds like Beavis and Butthead.

And while I'm at it, didn't this KYW shit come about after her big pay raise, courtesy of Squinty, when the disparity in their salaries became known?  If so, then Mika's worth, in her mind at least, is only in terms of $$$$; because everything she says and does screams the absolute opposite.  I so loathe her.

• Love 3

See the top of the page?  This is the Morning Joe episode thread and not the Roseanne or ABC or Chris Matthews thread.  Anything off topic like that will be removed.

Don't make me issue warnings.

I really think that someone should call Meeka on the carpet for her treatment of KC.  She obviously knows that KC is embarrassed by the lightning bolt...she has alluded that maybe Joe doesn't like it.  But she does it anyway.  This morning she quietly, snidely asked if no one liked it right at the time she did it.  It is obvious (at least to always-expecting-the-worst-from-her me) that she is doing it deliberately and that she knows KC hates it.  Maybe KC has the career Meeka thought would be hers at one time.  Cannot cannot cannot stand her.  And she was muttering a lot when "the guys" were talking; trying to be heard but knowing she would not be as long as Joe has the capacity to bloviate.  Know Your Value?  Shallow note...why can't she find a cardigan that fits?

Who knows, maybe the lightning bolt is pushed by the production staff.  I switched to CNN.  

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Maybe KC has the career Meeka thought would be hers at one time.

Spot on.  Meek-a is clearly jealous of all the other female panelists.  Even she is aware of how articulate and informed they are; how much conversational substance they add - while she is reduced to (or all she can come up with on her own) are sighs and mutterings.  It was painfully obvious to me that she was enjoying putting Kaisie on the spot with that lightning bolt sh*t today.  And just exactly WHY would she do that to another woman, since she is continually touting womens' worth, unless she was seething with jealousy and wanted to make Kaisie squirm.  You nailed it:  Kaisie has the career Mika yearned to have.  Now she's just a useless sidekick to Squinty Bloviator. 

I think it was ?yesterday? that Mika mentioned dinnertimes around her family table growing up and her father asking everyone to come up with (again I forget exactly what) something of substance to say about important world events.  She said that was such a painful experience for her every day to be asked to contribute something.  Apparently she hasn't made any progress in the intervening decades.  And what in the world made this woman pursue a career in news, of all things, although she is pretty good at reading off a teleprompter.   But left to her own verbal devices she's a total incompetent.  Just like back in the day at Zbig's dinner table.

• Love 7

Wednesday recap. Mika was on set with Kasie! Joe was late. Katie got a rock star intro. They asked her if she liked it. They didn’t wait for her to respond.

first topic was Roseanne tweeting about  Valerie Jarret looking like Zira from planet of the apes.

This is not acceptable. Why would Roseanne do that.?

I switched to Canadian news. It is very exciting here in Ontario. We might elect an NDP government. This is equivalent to having Bernie Sanders becoming President of the USA.

• Love 4
(edited)

8:11  Joe compares Trump asking Sessions to un-recuse himself to "a toddler smearing chocolate on the wall." W T H?????

Mika is wearing an interesting dress but had to ruin it with a matronly cardigan/jacket. In the video clip, Valerie Jarrett is wearing one of Mika's non-Unitarian scarves. (XOXO--Jinx, buy me a Coke)

Edited by WhineandCheez
(edited)

Joe glorifying Trey Gowdy made me want to upchuck. Now that Gowdy is leaving congress, he speaks a little truth, but what about his history in congress with endless Benghazi hearings (2 1/2 years $7.8 million dollars), and encouraging the prosecution of Hillary Clinton in 2016?  Joe says Gowdy can tell his grandchildren about his heroic action? Give me a break.

Gowdy also defended Trump's criticism about Sessions and his recusal from the Mueller investigation and insulted Sessions in the same interview he gave about the FBI. What a staunch defender of the justice system, eh, Joe?

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4
(edited)

No wonder Steve Schmidt  doesn't appear on this show very often. He's on a roll with his comments and Joe interrupts with his stupid remarks. Joe just can't stand it when someone else is talking effectively for 15 seconds and taking his spotlight. Arghh.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Joe glorifying Trey Gowdy made me want to upchuck. Now that Gowdy is leaving congress, he speaks a little truth, but what about his history in congress with endless Benghazi hearings (2 1/2 years $7.8 million dollars), and encouraging the prosecution of Hillary Clinton in 2016?  Joe says Gowdy can tell his grandchildren about his heroic action? Give me a break.

Gowdy also defended Trump's criticism about Sessions and his recusal from the Mueller investigation and insulted Sessions in the same interview he gave about the FBI. What a staunch defender of the justice system, eh, Joe?

That "Thank God for Trey Gowdy" business was nauseating.   Have we sunk so low that we now praise a Republican for simply acknowledging reality?  Ditto on the "Thank God for Fox News" sentiments.   And the "Thank God ABC did the right thing" BS too.   In every instance, the praised party facilitated the disaster in the first place.   "Thank God British Petroleum was there to clean up the Gulf Coast!"

This is the first time I have watched in weeks.   I wanted to punch them in the face when they started that Star Wars round table bullshit.  Suddenly the set became a tree house and no girls allowed -- although Kasey was having none of it.   She was like the tomboy who storms the club.   I felt bad for the guests waiting on camera to talk about real issues because it just went on and on and on, and worse, it seemed the only reason for any of it was to annoy Mika.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Spot on.  Meek-a is clearly jealous of all the other female panelists.  Even she is aware of how articulate and informed they are; how much conversational substance they add - while she is reduced to (or all she can come up with on her own) are sighs and mutterings.  It was painfully obvious to me that she was enjoying putting Kaisie on the spot with that lightning bolt sh*t today. 

You could actually see the resentment flicker across Mika's face.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

Joe glorifying Trey Gowdy made me want to upchuck.

Joe saying he never heard a racist word uttered in his Deep South Southern Baptist childhood made me want to upchuck. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe saying he never heard a racist word uttered in his Deep South Southern Baptist childhood made me want to upchuck. 

There was no drinking either ... well, except for the Recipe but that was made by the Baldwin sisters and was purely medicinal.

• Love 5

What the hell is she wearing this morning??  A cocktail dress underneath a shapeless, ill-fitting shawl? Cardigan?  wtf?
I hope Heidi wears a hoodie tomorrow and Kasie wears her workout bra top with a hat on backwards.

Barnicle asking questions about drones to the Time magazine expert was equal parts hilarious and eye-roll-inducing.  Has there been any planning for when terrorists use them to drop germs on us?  Has there been any planning for when they collide?  Has there been any planning for when we use them as cell phones?  Do they like sports?   Will they be fair rulers?

Mika has apparently just found the phrase from sports talk radio, "hot take."  She's used it 3x this morning to insult Barnicle.  Also, she's insulted every person on the set.  She called that one dark haired guy with the round face, "cute."  Such an imperious queen commanding those in her orbit.  Know yer value, toots.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Kenz said:

No wonder Steve Schmidt  doesn't appear on this show very often. He's on a roll with his comments and Joe interrupts with his stupid remarks. Joe just can't stand it when someone else is talking effectively for 15 seconds and taking his spotlight. Arghh.

Will Steve Schmidt have a job on cable tv if the Democrats win back control of the White House?

He should focus on trying to get moderate GOP candidates elected.

He is a one trick pony who should be asked on every segment why it was Ok to be VP candidate in 2008. 

I think populism know knothings stared with Palin in 2008

18 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Joe saying he never heard a racist word uttered in his Deep South Southern Baptist childhood made me want to upchuck

Then he wasn't listening. I grew up in the same type of church and saw black families turned away at the door during the church service. 

Although Joe's praise of Gowdy shows that he only remembers what happened recently. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Omg. He did this a few years ago. He bragged about attending desegregated schools in Atlanta. Joe said he was popular with the White & Black kids at the school.

I apologize to the members of the forum for the lack of detailed recaps recently. My pug had complications from surgery & was vomiting @ 3am. It’s tiring to keep an eye on him. He’s better but i am exhausted.

I started watching The Canadian morning tv show. My neighbor is a cohost. She is nice

its like s smart version of the Today Show

• Love 5

Oakville I hope your doggie is better.

Sounds like I didn't miss much this morning since I chose to watch the series finale of The Americans.  I did tune in at 8 am I was hoping Joe or Willie would bring it up just to fuck with Mika. It wouldn't be relevant or anything considering what's going on in the news, you know, Russians and stuff. 

I cannot fucking believe Jimmy Buffett had Joe on stage with him.  And then Mika and her dismissive "take that down!!" when they showed a photo of the three of them.  What a bitch. 

I don't think Kasie's hair growing out decision is working. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, whose eyes are squintier, your pug's or Joe's?

My Pugs are famous in Canada. Google Chester & Boo #rental Pugs on twitter

They were used by a politician who was trying to deflect from a scandal. The name is Eve Adams Mp Oakville. It was a fiasco

Chester is feeling much better

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I cannot fucking believe Jimmy Buffett had Joe on stage with him. 

Maybe out of desperation. Margaritaville announced this morning that it is closing, after only a few months.

4 hours ago, Rickster said:

Maybe out of desperation. Margaritaville announced this morning that it is closing, after only a few months.

Never heard of it.  I didn't know Jimmy Buffet was still a thing.

So Joe can't imagine what would happen if a conservative used the same word as Samantha Bee did about Ivanka? Someone should tell him to check out Ted Nugent who called Hillary Clinton the same thing when she was First Lady plus he called Barack and Michelle Obama some equally ugly names, and that got him an invite to dinner at the White House with the orange buffoon. And D'Souza who just got pardoned by Trump?  Just in the past year said the Charlottesville rally was a hoax, shared images calling Obama a gay Muslim, said Michelle Obama is a man, started conspiracy theory about Vegas shooting, mocked shooting survivors and defended Hitler. Yeah, your Conservative buddies are paragons of virtue Joe.

• Love 16

So very true Shock. Just more of Joe reacting with a stunningly superficial response. But in Joe’s world, wherein he never heard racist statements during his Southern Baptist upbringing, I guess he didn’t hear any of those statements you mentioned.

• Love 5

That was one of Joe's all time rants.  Love how he and all the other old white guys just mansplained (Joeviated?  manviated?  maleviated? blowsplained? Joesplained?) how a woman furious that women are being targeted by Ivanka Trump's father by having their babies ripped away from them is a "misogynist" and liberals are at fault.

Just fuck you, Joe.  HE is the true vulgarity.

• Love 7

Just once I would like on a Mika-less day for when Kasie is introduced that Joe preemptively cuts off the 'lightning bolt' sound effect by saying ' Yeah, no need for the sound effects, Mika's not here and that's her thing.' Let Kasie have one day that she doesn't have to force grin her way through her intro.

• Love 2
(edited)

Every single portion of Joe's rant about  Samantha Bee was wrong. A rhetorical mess.  A conservative old-man muscle-memory-twitch in reaction to progressives.
Except for that TBS shouldn't have allowed "c*nt" on air.  "Bitch," sure.  "Fucking bitch," absolutely.  She IS a fucking bitch for using her father's office to lever new trademarks in China in order to produce shitty goods there.  MAGA, amiright?  And she's a fucking bitch for being a part of an administration whose stated policy is to literally rip children from their mothers' arms.
Heilemann tried to make these points but Joe wouldn't have it.  I like it when Heilemann treats Joe like a child when Joe's mid-rant.

Barnicle said that because people don't say "Excuse me" on the subway, Samantha Bee's use of "c*nt" is a marker of the end of times. 
I wonder what progressive liberal, and woman renowned for knowing her value, Mika Scarborough, would think of the matter?  Dunno because she's worked 3 days in the past 2 weeks.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 5

I think I'll find a pic of a Trump supporter wearing a teeshirt calling Hillary Clinton a c*** and tweet it at Joe. 

The problem with Sam using that word is that this is now overshadowing the issue she was addressing, the migrant children being taken from their parents. 

Which is a shame. But typical, because why pay attention to a tragedy when a woman saying a naughty word is so much more newsworthy. 

F****ing C**ts. 

• Love 6

Friday Recap. After another sleepless night, I was able to finally start watching the show. Iwas excited to Kasie & Heilemann be the co hosts. I was mad that Joe would be on in the bunker. Donnie's suit looks good. I loved the clips of the Apprentice with Blago & Martha Stewwart. Ifound that show funny. I didn't think he would run for President though. Only in America would the President be concerned about these 2 pardons.

Haileman thinks that Trump wants to pardon Martha because he prosecuted her.

Michael Cohen may get pardoned.

Donnie said that Trump likes Pardon. No checks & balances.

9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think I'll find a pic of a Trump supporter wearing a teeshirt calling Hillary Clinton a c*** and tweet it at Joe. 

The problem with Sam using that word is that this is now overshadowing the issue she was addressing, the migrant children being taken from their parents. 

Which is a shame. But typical, because why pay attention to a tragedy when a woman saying a naughty word is so much more newsworthy. 

F****ing C**ts. 

Samantha Bee should focused on the poor kids. She is Canadian & should know better. I don't like these new forms of communications. People should't tweet racist things.

I the think the cable news media likes it when celebrities try to get into culture war fight.

I am pretty sure that when I was growing up watching David Brinkley's show, they didn't waste time on trivial matters.

• Love 3