Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Given the seriousness of some of yesterday’s newsworthy happenings, I turned the show on hoping for some good guests and insights. Joe actually talked - but said nothing - for the first 10 minutes. Not like Maddow, who weaves a narrative, but clearly just sharing his improvised thoughts. Lots of bloviating, no insight. Should have known better - turned channel. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Then Monday may be your day my friend as I would think Meeka Mouse isn't going to be very pleased with the SNL sketch.  I'll be very interested to see if they address it at all and whether Meeks takes note and stops that muttering under her breath among other things.  And top marks for Tina Fey.  Only she could blow Kate off the screen in just a couple of sentences. 

I agree with your comments about Tina Fey.

SNL goes too far with the sexual tension parts of the skit though Wilie's reaction is funny.  Mika may bring that on herself by her strong reaction whenever someone mentions their relationship.  It is odd how she tells people to stop, just stop and brings even more attention to it.  She also likes Joe's music so the parts of the skit implying she didn't like his music were poorly done. 

The rest of the skit was great and probably rankled.  Maybe Mika and Joe will look in the mirror.  Nah! I find it annoying when Mika sips her drinks with the straw on air.  Her muttering is worse.  Going after Joe for not letting others talk was funny too. Right now he is doing it while asking Kasie a question. LOL.

Edited by madfortv
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Now Heileman has a bunker?!?

This show should be called Where In The World Is Carmen SanDiego, Part II.

They should actually let viewers guess-vote on where everybody is and give out a booby prize for the first correct answer. 

I wonder what keeps Joe from expressing his expertise on everything but the #MeToo movement. I highly doubt its a conscious effort to let women take the lead in the discussion due to altruism or a sense of decency. 

• Love 2
(edited)

People working at NBC/MSNBC must really hate JoMika.  Most of the SNL skits poke fun at NBC on air talent,  but I don't think they even went this far even with Al Sharpton, and at least he had the good sense of humor to come on and go along with the joke. 

The best part of that skit was Megan McCain and Joe never letting her speak. 

Hey Joe!! Ya burnt! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

It's sort of astounding how Mika consistently misses the joke. Heilemann's wasting some good material on that table.

Is Elise Jordan auditioning for the role of Mrs Scarborough IV? She's giggling at Joe's "jokes" and she keeps getting blonder. ?

• Love 1

Monday Recap on a Holiday Monday in Canada. It's Queen Victoria's Birthday!. We celebrate with beer & fireworks.

Joe is in the bunker without glasses. Mika is on set with another frumpy librarian outfit. It's a new blue sweater. Elise sleeveles Jordan is wearing a royal blue dress. Robert Costa is in the library.

Joe blamed Trump's crazy tweets this weekend on Bill Karins. The weather has been rainy on the East Coast. Trump can't golf so he tweets.

They played a clip of Trump's whacky interview on Fox & Friends on April 26th.

The big story is Trump thinks that the FBI planted spies in his campaign organization.

Joe is mad. He said Trump is causing a constitutional crisis. by telling the Justice Department to investigate the spies. Joe said it was an abuse of power.

Joe is mad at Rosenstein for agreeing to investigate the spies.

Jeremy Bash is on the show.

Mika called Meacham the Soul of America.

Joe said Trump is behaving like Nixon . Joe expects a Saturday Night Massacre.

Joe said everyone in New Canaan was happy that Mika was at Joe's house. Joe made allusions to what Mika was wearing in Joe's house. I have no clue what he is talking about.

Joe admitted that he & Mika use hyperbole.

Joe admitted that Trump's poll numbers are going up. He said the right track/wrong track numbers show Americans are at very high levels.

Elise Jordan said millenials hate the GOP & will help Democrats. Elise must work hard to memorize her anti -GOP talking points.

I find it absurd that she never takes responsibility for being part of the GOp since the Bush administraion.

It was Meacham's birthday yesterday.

KCDC got a lightning intro at 7 am. She wore one of Mika's scarves. It was the blotchy pink one. KC winced at the lightning intro. Joe said something weird in a rock star voice, Heileman said it was weirder than usual.

Joe admitted that the Democrats advantage over the GOP is diminishing. Joe said the Democrats are still more intense than the GOP.

Joe is grasping at straws these days.

John Della Volpe is the new pollster guest. He said millenials will have more influence over elections as they get older.

There were also several glitches with Joe's bunker sound. There was noise in the background. It sounded like someone knocked over a bunch of plates in the kitchen. Are the movers at the Bunker?

Joe blasted Obama for wanting a deal with Iran. He called him naive.

Joe is critical of everyone. If only Americans turned to Joe for wisdom. /s

14 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

It's sort of astounding how Mika consistently misses the joke. Heilemann's wasting some good material on that table.

Is Elise Jordan auditioning for the role of Mrs Scarborough IV? She's giggling at Joe's "jokes" and she keeps getting blonder. ?

You are not the only one noticing that Elise is "dressing up " a bit more on the show. Mika used to wear those sleeveless dresses when she was wooing Joe.

Heilemann wore a nice outfit today.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

People working at NBC/MSNBC must really hate JoMika.  Most of the SNL skits poke fun at NBC on air talent,  but I don't think they even went this far even with Al Sharpton, and at least he had the good sense of humor to come on and go along with the joke. 

The best part of that skit was Megan McCain and Joe never letting her speak. 

Hey Joe!! Ya burnt! 

That's my feeling. It must be exhausting for staff to have to go out to the New Canaan bunker for 5 am almost every day.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I wonder what keeps Joe from expressing his expertise on everything but the #MeToo movement. I highly doubt its a conscious effort to let women take the lead in the discussion due to altruism or a sense of decency. 

I suspect that Joe has acted inappropriately with women during his time in Congress & during his two marriages. He probably doesn't want to say anything that might get one of victims mad at him. We had an incident in Toronto a few months ago where a highly respected reporter, Paul Bliss ended up getting outed by a former colleague for sexual misconduct. The female colleague kept quiet for 10 years but got outraged by Bliss's smug comments when he was commenting on a politician's sex scandal.

Notice how Harold Ford Jr & Tom Brokaw have not been allowed back on Morning Joe since their accusers went public. NBC & Mika did defend Brokaw but they won't put them back on the show.

Mika tried to rescue Halperin but that flopped.

I can't wait for Mika's book tour later this year.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said everyone in New Canaan was happy that Mika was at Joe's house. Joe made allusions to what Mika was wearing in Joe's house. I have no clue what he is talking about.

Lol. What was she wearing? At least she had on clothing...

If this should go in "Small Talk", I'll move it, but I had to mention it. After Saturday, MSNBC should take a long look at giving this show to Stephanie Ruhle and Katy Tur.  What a breath of fresh air that would be from Ms Glum and Mr Douchebag. 

They covered the wedding, and it was a hoot.  They have such a natural rapport,  I have never seen Katy so loose and funny, and I thought Stephanie's head was going to explode she was so excited. When they got Meghan to wave to them they were jumping up and down and screaming, and then Stephanie told the story about how she mentioned she thinks she looks like Kate M. and her friends won't let her live it down.  It was a long broadcast and they made it so much fun. 

That fun stuff aside, both have the credibility to host a show like MJ, and to cover news from the angles of politics, finance/economics, women's issues, domestic and foreign policy. 

Also, I haven't noticed JoMika even being aware of, or mentioning the fact that Trump Jr called a blocked number before and after the Trump Tower/Russians meeting, and Katy has reported that Trump called her from a blocked number.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Shallow moment here:  Mika is wearing a light blue  Polo shirt with an XXL navy 3rd grade teacher cardigan.  Why?? 

A lot of these polos are actually dresses; think Vineyard Vines shirt-dress collection. You can tell by the way they sit on her. There was a photo of her and Joe backstage after a show last week, I saw it around the rounds on Twitter but I can't remember where to link it, and they were wearing matching Stan Smiths (Mika's with a shirt dress, cardigan and leggings lol...). 

52 minutes ago, oakville said:

I can't wait for Mika's book tour later this year.

I wonder if she'll allow Q&As. 

• Love 2

In reference to the above mention of the SNL parody (and was it a parody, really?) that maybe they should have put "Joe" up in the little square.  Maybe things are a tad sensitive to the Suits about Joe's lack of presence at the desk; Lord knows we have discussed it at length here and there may be a lot of grumbling about it behind the scenes.  Maybe putting Joe in the inset would have been a bridge too far for the powers-that-be/censors at the network.  Perhaps people who don't watch regularly or don't take much notice...would sit up and realize that he is hardly ever on set.  And then then it would become really glaring.   

Maybe Meeka's too-big sweater was so that her "girls" weren't protruding anywhere - again , the SNL parody.  Surely with whatever wardrobe budget she gets, or whoever styles her, they could have found a more attractive cardigan; and one that fit.  I don't know if she is going for Nun or Librarian.  As a former librarian, I actually take exception to that. lol  

• Love 2

SNL should have done a skit with a split screen where Mika is in the studio and Joe is in a bunker that's having technical difficulties which he's also trapped in to boot. Something that would have called out all of this bunker idiocy.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

If this should go in "Small Talk", I'll move it, but I had to mention it. After Saturday, MSNBC should take a long look at giving this show to Stephanie Ruhle and Katy Tur.  What a breath of fresh air that would be from Ms Glum and Mr Douchebag. 

They covered the wedding, and it was a hoot.  They have such a natural rapport,  I have never seen Katy so loose and funny, and I thought Stephanie's head was going to explode she was so excited. When they got Meghan to wave to them they were jumping up and down and screaming, and then Stephanie told the story about how she mentioned she thinks she looks like Kate M. and her friends won't let her live it down.  It was a long broadcast and they made it so much fun. 

That fun stuff aside, both have the credibility to host a show like MJ, and to cover news from the angles of politics, finance/economics, women's issues, domestic and foreign policy. 

Also, I haven't noticed JoMika even being aware of, or mentioning the fact that Trump Jr called a blocked number before and after the Trump Tower/Russians meeting, and Katy has reported that Trump called her from a blocked number.   

I caught  bit of Stephanie & Katy. They were hilarious. I like Stephanie & would love to watch her before I left for work.

2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

A lot of these polos are actually dresses; think Vineyard Vines shirt-dress collection. You can tell by the way they sit on her. There was a photo of her and Joe backstage after a show last week, I saw it around the rounds on Twitter but I can't remember where to link it, and they were wearing matching Stan Smiths (Mika's with a shirt dress, cardigan and leggings lol...). 

I wonder if she'll allow Q&As. 

I doubt Mika will allow questions on a book tour unless they are vetted in advance. I like Vineyard Vines clothes for men. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

After Saturday, MSNBC should take a long look at giving this show to Stephanie Ruhle and Katy Tur. 

What a breath of fresh air. They were AMAZING during the coverage.  That was the most fun TV I've seen in a long time.  When Meghan went by, I fell hard for Tur and Reuhl.  So so cute and fun and goofy and smart.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What a breath of fresh air. They were AMAZING during the coverage.  That was the most fun TV I've seen in a long time.  When Meghan went by, I fell hard for Tur and Reuhl.  So so cute and fun and goofy and smart.

I know. I would have never thought Katy would be so giddy.  I tweeted at them that they made the coverage so much more fun, like we had two friends there giving us all the dirt and acting just like we would if we were there. 

It's like the whole world was in love that day, we were all on the same high.  

As Rev Curry said "two young people fell in love, and we all showed up". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I caught  bit of Stephanie & Katy. They were hilarious. I like Stephanie & would love to watch her before I left for work.

I thought they were total fangirls, not reporters; Stephanie and Katy shrieking "We LOVE YOU, MEGHAN" when the carriage went by and jumping up and down was starting.  And Stephanie called the newest prince "Lewis" instead of "Louie", as in  "Prince Lew-isss will not be at the wedding."  (It's Loo-eee.)  I'm a wedding fan, but it was too over the top for me.  Did Mika mention the wedding today?  I got the feeling she was not a fan.  (competition with her own wedding of the decade?) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jjj said:

I thought they were total fangirls, not reporters; Stephanie and Katy shrieking "We LOVE YOU, MEGHAN" when the carriage went by and jumping up and down was starting.  And Stephanie called the newest prince "Lewis" instead of "Louie", as in  "Prince Lew-isss will not be at the wedding."  (It's Loo-eee.)  I'm a wedding fan, but it was too over the top for me.  Did Mika mention the wedding today?  I got the feeling she was not a fan.  (competition with her own wedding of the decade?) 

I want to like Katy Tur, but she kind of annoys me. I catch her show on Sirius sometimes when I'm heading out to the airport for business trips, and she seems like she has good intentions but too often falls into the Chuck Todd Conventional Wisdom Trap, repeating tired Beltway tropes or opining on the horse race. And she lets guests get away with too much, particularly when they're spouting nonsense.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They were there to have fun and they didn't care who knew it. Loved their plea for tickets to the reception when they found out two may be available. Stephanie was rockin it in that hat. Landsnark I totally agree. It really was the most fun TV I've seen in a long time.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, jjj said:

Mika & Joe were co hosts of MSNBC's coverage of Kate & Will's wedding in 2011 . I am sure they would have liked to be allowed to cover the wedding from Windsor.

Edited by oakville
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe were co hosts of MSNBC's coverage of Kate & Will's wedding in 2011 . I am sure they would have liked to be allowed to cover the wedding from Windsor.

I did not know that!  No wonder they did not devote much attention to this one.  (At least in my hearing, which was limited in time.) 

I'd be up for Stephanie and Katy to take over MJ, even though that would give Steph 3 shows, lol. (I can't see her a.m. one, but enjoy the one with Velshi).

Can't imagine M & J covering this wedding and being as fun. (And I don't like Katy, who seems kind of stuck up, but Stephanie really loosened her up. And I thought it was so cute how dressed up Stephanie was for the occasion, including fascinator. And when they shouted to Meghan and fan-girled out over her waving.)

What were Joe and Mika like at Kate and Wills wedding? I imagine Mika saying nothing of interest and Joe cutting her off all the time to criticize a monarchy.  I'd love to see Ruhle and Tur try taking over a week of MJ.  I think they could have a better rapport with the regular guests, too--plus, both are a zillion times more knowledgable and better journalists than M&J.  Maybe M&J will take a honeymoon for a month and let that happen.  (Also, I've heard Mika call Meacham "the soul of America" three times now. I know he's got a book, but it's not actually that cute after the first time.)

• Love 2

Kasie Hnt rolled her eyes *three* times during her introduction and lightning bolts.  And what was Joe saying about Mike Barnicle and a garbage truck and his license?  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Padma said:

I'd be up for Stephanie and Katy to take over MJ, even though that would give Steph 3 shows, lol. (I can't see her a.m. one, but enjoy the one with Velshi).

Can't imagine M & J covering this wedding and being as fun. (And I don't like Katy, who seems kind of stuck up, but Stephanie really loosened her up. And I thought it was so cute how dressed up Stephanie was for the occasion, including fascinator. And when they shouted to Meghan and fan-girled out over her waving.)

What were Joe and Mika like at Kate and Wills wedding? I imagine Mika saying nothing of interest and Joe cutting her off all the time to criticize a monarchy.  I'd love to see Ruhle and Tur try taking over a week of MJ.  I think they could have a better rapport with the regular guests, too--plus, both are a zillion times more knowledgable and better journalists than M&J.  Maybe M&J will take a honeymoon for a month and let that happen.  (Also, I've heard Mika call Meacham "the soul of America" three times now. I know he's got a book, but it's not actually that cute after the first time.)

I did recap that show. Mika & Joe were in London for a few days. They discussed British politics & had several British guests on the show. Katty Kay was the Royal Correspondent. Tina Brown was also on that show. The recap is on the old TWOP website.

• Love 1

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in the studio sitting next to Mika!. Mika's dress is Fushia. KCDC is in the Library wincing at her thunderbolt. There is a new panelist. Brian Klaas. He is American but lives in London. He is mad at Trump.

Joe went on a long rant against the GOP, Paul Ryan, the Freedom Caucus, the Minnesota Twins, Trump etc.

Joe said Trump is violating constitutional norms.

Joe is mad at Trump for trying to get the Postmaster General to raise shipping prices for Amazon. Joe said the President can't do that!. Joe said he is ok because he subscribes to Amazon Prime. What about the poor Americans that don't have Amazon Prime. ?

Mika used her worried voice to start wailing about Trump wrecking everything except  their high ratings which allows them to take time off the show.

Joe said he knew Paul Ryan when he was 23. He is a lame duck who should be challenging Trump.

Joe said the GOP is filled with wimps who won't publicly attack Trump & start a riot.

Joe said he stood up to Trump . Joe said he was a leader of the Anti Trump movement.

Klaas said no one like the USA anymore in Europe. The USA is a joke.

Joe said viewers that don't like his rants against Trump should change the channel.

Willie said that KC doesn't like the thunderbolt. Mika said she loves it. KC raised her hands in frustration.

Mika knows what is best for KC's value. Boo Mika!. Leave KCDC alone. Stop treating her like a kid.Se is smarter & more well informed than you are.

• Love 4

Joe is railing against Devin Munes. Joe is in full rant mode today. Angry Joe is back.

Barnicle was sad about the USA falling apart under Trump. Trump shouldn't use the Justice Departmentto go after enemies.

Trump is behaving like Putin.

Joe started ranting about other USA Presidents not using the Justice Department to go after their political enemies.

Joe said the media has been fair in covering Trump. He is out of control.

Joe started bashing Bill Clinton for taking $500K for his speeches. They used to cost $250K before Hillary announced she was running for President.

Joe bashed trump. The FBI was tough on Hillary & made her investigation of her emails public. The Trump investigation was kept quiet. It could have changed the election.

Joe hasn't complained about Obama yet......

Joe is mad at Guliani.

Joe is mad at Bill Karins.

Joe is mad at the world and he won't take it anymore.

Joe likes Robert Mueller.

• Love 4
(edited)

8:20 Am.  Joe said 5 times in a row, when speaking about Amazon postage rates, that Trump asked HIM (the Postmaster General) to raise Amazon's postage rates.  The PG is a FEMALE.  Joe you are a douche.

6:00 I turn in and see a hot pink form fitting dress.  6:02:  I start looking around for AvenHottie....

Finally got to watch the SNL skit.  They totally bagged it, especially Kate McKinnon.  the drinking thru a straw was funny, and she had the cardigan perfect!

PS: 80% of the reason I buy Sirius XM is to listen to MJ (I don't have cable.)  I think I should bag it and invest in some device/app that will read oakville's recap out loud to me (preferably in a Canadian accent). Thank you for your service, oakville!

Edited by WhineandCheez
cause oakville's da bomb!
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

6:00 I turn in and see a hot pink form fitting dress.  6:02:  I start looking around for AvenHottie....

Hee, me too!  I just turned the show on and thought I must have missed him.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Mika's make up today is pretty bad. It ages her a lot.

Why is Ari Melber on the show so often now? Has he always been a frequent guest?

I think MSNBC may be trying some cross pollination of their shows as I never recalling hearing MJ's name in thepast and now I hear both Hardball and Ari mention what was said earlier in the day (I think even Maddow had to do it once, she looked like she was going to be sick).  For me, it doesn't exactly flow naturally.

• Love 1

I swear to God this morning they were doing exactly what SNL parodies. Saying one word over and over, sighing loudly, making faces, leaning on the desk. It was when Joe's phone went off and "mysteriously" started recording him. 

It was honestly like watching the skit from Saturday Night.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Reading captions on giant TV screen today.

Very nice words from Barnicale and Meacham on the passing of Richard Goodwin. The man was a poet and the presidents and Bobby Kennedy did justice to his words.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I think MSNBC may be trying some cross pollination of their shows as I never recalling hearing MJ's name in thepast and now I hear both Hardball and Ari mention what was said earlier in the day (I think even Maddow had to do it once, she looked like she was going to be sick).  For me, it doesn't exactly flow naturally.

I bet Joe went to Phil Griffin or whoever's in charge now and demanded that prime time promote MJ.  He's probably butt hurt that he and Screech were left out of the new promo. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:20 Am.  Joe said 5 times in a row, when speaking about Amazon postage rates, that Trump asked HIM (the Postmaster General) to raise Amazon's postage rates.  The PG is a FEMALE.  Joe you are a douche.

Finally got to watch the SNL skit.  They totally bagged it, especially Kate McKinnon.  the drinking thru a straw was funny, and she had the cardigan perfect!

PS: 80% of the reason I buy Sirius XM is to listen to MJ (I don't have cable.)  I think I should bag it and invest in some device/app that will read oakville's recap out loud to me (preferably in a Canadian accent). Thank you for your service, oakville!

No worries Eh!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I bet Joe went to Phil Griffin or whoever's in charge now and demanded that prime time promote MJ.  He's probably butt hurt that he and Screech were left out of the new promo. 

Oh my God you are so funny . . . he and Screech . . . hee!

The best part was watching Rachel look slightly off camera and roll her eyes when she had to mention him.  Classic Maddow disgust, a perfect 10.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The best part was watching Rachel look slightly off camera and roll her eyes when she had to mention him.  Classic Maddow disgust, a perfect 10.

I am SO pissed I missed that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh my God you are so funny . . . he and Screech . . . hee!

I get the feeling that out of all the MSNBC hosts, Rachel dislikes Joe/and or Mika the most. Almost all have made appearances on Morning Joe at one time or another (even Larry O'Donnell occasionally), but not Rachel. Joy Reid comes to mind as the only other that I have never seen on MJ.

Anyway, I heard Rachel on Howard Stern about 6 months ago, and when Stern was trying to get the dirt on Joe and Mika, Rachel was like: "I don't know them, I never see them, I don't even know where their offices are".

• Love 4
(edited)

My favorite element of the SNL parody was the point-blank mockery of Scarborough incorporating his own music into the show and making sure everybody knows it's his.   Such a cheesy ego trip.   

I thought the sexual tension as portrayed in the spoof was 100% off-base and overly emphasized.   I watched the show enough to know there's nothing like that happening on-air, not even a hint.   In fact, if not for the infamous leg-up photo, I would guess Mika is probably frigid.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

I just watched Rachel online and didn't see the MJ diss. Was it at the end of her show? I know she chatted with L O'D for a while about DOJ. 

I'm imagining it went something like this.  "Be sure and tune in tomorrow at 6 am for  Morning ....Joe. Or don't. It's up to you. Really, I'd sleep in if it was me." 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

My favorite element of the SNL parody was the point-blank mockery of Scarborough incorporating his own music into the show and making sure everybody knows it's his.   Such a cheesy ego trip.   

I thought the sexual tension as portrayed in the spoof was 100% off-base and overly emphasized.   I watched the show enough to know there's nothing like that happening on-air, not even a hint.   In fact, if not for the infamous leg-up photo, I would guess Mika is probably frigid.

It's really too bad they didn't play "Stand" and one of the accompanying videos and just let it stand on its own. No parody needed.

Lol -- I don't know, millennium. I've seen that leg-up photo and I still guess Mika is probably frigid. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I just watched Rachel online and didn't see the MJ diss. Was it at the end of her show? I know she chatted with L O'D for a while about DOJ. 

I'm imagining it went something like this.  "Be sure and tune in tomorrow at 6 am for  Morning ....Joe. Or don't. It's up to you. Really, I'd sleep in if it was me." 

She was closing out a segment and wasn't speaking to anyone in particular (I figure it was to one of the people that provide support to the show).  She just mumbled something about what Joe uncovered that morning and she was acknowledging it (I remember one day everybody was making a big deal out of something Joe said/uncovered but in all honesty I don't remember what it was but Melber and Matthews also gave him credit).  I just happened to tune into her show as she was winding up the segment and to me it didn't look like she was all that on board with giving Joe a plug.  I'm sorry I didn't see the whole thing to give better context.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I'm sorry I didn't see the whole thing to give better context.

They may have cut it. Even with commercials the online show only runs 44 minutes, so they may not show everything. They didn't show the toss to Lawrence. No prob. 

• Love 1

Do Donnie Deutsch and John Heileman appear together often on MJ?  I was just watching Nicole Wallace's show and there was a kind of mini dust-up between the two of them.  I was doing something else and only paid attention when there was a tense-like interchange between the two.  All made nice by the end of the show but it got me to wondering about their interaction(s) on MJ since it seems Donnie is on this particular show more than any other.  I know Heileman is often on other MSNBC shows.

• Love 1