Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Sometimes it's necessary on Twitter if you have a long post and are trying to shorten words to get a thought in whatever the new limit is.  Some are pushing for a 30 minute edit function on Twitter.

So do we think the daughters weren't at the party? Because of being at school? Or their hatred of Step Daddy/ Mommy's Boss. 

I think all signs point to the latter. One goes to JHops. That drive to DC only takes me an hour (sometimes less).

I forget where, but I saw some pics of the event on Instagram. Mika had a different glass of alcohol in each photo. Lol. Maybe she was either still drunk or hung over when she Tweeted. ?

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I am glad that Noah brought up that NBC article about the Qataris/UAE/Kushner.  I read it this morning, interesting stuff.  I hope Mueller is able to shake some of the information loose.

On the one hand it is wild to me how cavalier these people are being when they know they have a spotlight on them. On the other hand, a Kushner is gonna Kushner.

Mika isn't "under the weather," she's doing art things with her mother?

51 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I forget where, but I saw some pics of the event on Instagram. Mika had a different glass of alcohol in each photo. Lol. Maybe she was either still drunk or hung over when she Tweeted. ?

I can't find them!! :(  They're not on Mika or Joe's. 

2 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I don't do Twitter but I wonder if Meeka's account was hacked? 

Very little irks me more than text speak shit like "r" and "u," especially when coming from seemingly intelligent adults.

Yep, I hate it when Jack Daniels does that . . . :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Sometimes it's necessary on Twitter if you have a long post and are trying to shorten words to get a thought in whatever the new limit is.  Some are pushing for a 30 minute edit function on Twitter.

So do we think the daughters weren't at the party? Because of being at school? Or their hatred of Step Daddy/ Mommy's Boss. 

This is the second engagement party that Mika’s daughters have missed.

Joes kids are younger so they can be persuaded to show up.

I am puzzled why a competing news publication is hosting a party for them.

Is this a new thing in the media?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Oakville, for me this isn't a competing news publication thing.  This has become a clueless rich people thing that now includes the news media.  They keep accusing everyone of being in their own bubble when some of them are the worst offenders.  Please know, many, many news people are doing an incredible job in the environment we find ourselves in but those two aren't among them.  Why the WaPo guy got involved I don't know.  Maybe Gen. Kelly needs to sit him down and explain optics to him like he did Trump's cabinet secretaries.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

I get the Politico morning briefings, which is where I got all the news on the latest Co-Hostment party. The WaPo threw them the party because Joe does his regularly scheduled op-eds there so he's part of their crew now, I guess.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is furious at Trump for not behaving in a Presidential manner at his rallies. It was OK when Trump attacked everyone in 2016 but now it's bad.

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Do they ask for proof of no college degree at a Trump rally?

I doubt the teens who were in back of Trump hooting & hollering have a college degree.

Do Democrats have similar rallies?

The Trump show rallies are the same now as they were in 2015 IMHO. It's the same script.

Funny you should mention Trump campaign rallies and how this is exactly what the Pennsylvania rally was, complete with the same script.  Because it wasn't actually a Trump campaign rally - it was a Saccone campaign rally.  Joe should have been stormy (see what I did there?) about Trump holding a Trump campaign rally when he isn't running in the special election in Pennsylvania - Saccone is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Is it in the best of taste to have engagement parties under the circumstances (and, aren't they a little old?)?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I don't have a degree. That doesn't necessarily make a person uneducated or uninformed.  College degree or not, I'd be more inclined to check to see how far their heads were up their asses.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if rally attendees are paid to be there, at least the ones behind him.  He paid actors to show up for his candidacy announcement. 

GMTA.  In my original unedited post, after questioning who the people laughing and cheering in the clips were, I wrote this: "It's ironic that certain people always cry 'crisis actors' at mass shootings, but no one ever questions the authenticity of people at Trump rallies."

Then I realized that in the first instance, it's mentally ill people who fling unfounded accusations, while in the second it would have to be just the opposite.   Just-the-opposite doesn't do things like that.  And besides, I think just-the-opposite would be proven wrong and that in fact, sadly, all the rally attendees are every bit as real and passionate as we see on the screen.

Where Trump is concerned, the sane, civilized population will always be at a disadvantage.   He and his proceed from a nothing-to-lose position, which grants them the freedom to be as base, cruel and crazy as they please.   But the rest of us?  The instant we get down in the gutter with them, we lose all credibility.   How do you win under such circumstances?   Wait for the other side to come to its senses so you can appeal to reason and their better angels (this seems to be Scarborough's and every other pundit's approach)?   Not gonna happen.   Not before it's too late anyway.

• Love 2

Just FYI, Afternoon Joe is taking place LIVE on his Facebook page. 

ETA: Lol what is this? It's very polished for a Facebook Live. Seriously, better production value than the bunker.

DYG7RAZVoAAMBYd.jpg

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I don't do Twitter but I wonder if Meeka's account was hacked? 

Very little irks me more than text speak shit like "r" and "u," especially when coming from seemingly intelligent adults.

So, I pasted this irksome tweet into Twitter, and it only uses half of the characters allowed for a tweet -- no excuse for "r" and u"!  (Then made SURE I did not tweet it by mistake!!!)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

It causes me to instantly lose a degree of respect for people.   Including friends and family.   It shouldn't.  It's a minor affectation.  A cyber age contraction.   But it does.   I see that "r" or "u" and it's like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," when a character realizes he's talking to a pod person. 

For what it's worth, I don't text.  I don't tweet.  I refuse to own a smartphone.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

I found a cuckoo for coco puffs story from the New Yorker about JoMika (posted in small talk cup a joe) It's got some great dirt on MarALago, the affair, them lying about wanting to get in with Trump, Joe's presidential aspirations, etc.  I had never seen it before.

It's a doozy. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, oakville said:

Friday recap from a different part of the house that has a Cable Box which is playing MSNBC.

oakville has a bunker!

• Love 6

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in an abandoned studio. Mika is off. Katty Kay is the Designated Survivor of having to put up with Joe's long winded rants.

Once again the cable box is acting up and refuses to show MSNBC  for more than 2 minutes. Error Code s0200? I don't feel like recapping from the kitchen today. I have a cold. Dayquil will be my dink of choice for today.

I watched CNN. Erica from NBC was there. It was interesting. Will Lamb beat Saccone in #PA18? Another North Easter coming!. Stormy Daniel goes after Trump.

Betsy Devos gave a bad interview to Lesley Stahl.

• Love 5

Good God, Joe is a dickhead Republican through and through, with such a maniacal grudge against Hillary.  Prof Eddie just made - twice - an argument that within Trump's rise, within the nationalistic fervor, as the GOP collapses here forever and grasps "for how things were in the '50s and '60s" (Joe's words), it reveals an anti-ethnic, anti-minority, anti-woman reactionary facet to that brand of conservatism.  Studies show it's a verifiable fact. Oh and...  "Let them call you racist.  Wear it as a badge of honor."
Joe interrupted Eddie twice, because his nasty Republican DNA just watched a black man, on his own show, call GOP voters nativist regressives who realize they're becoming a minority and voted out of prejudice and fear.  Joe was all like NO NO NO, HILLARY CLINTON HISTORICALLY BAD CANDIDATE.  Prof Glau reminded Joe that... uh... those voters who elected Obama didn't vote in 2016, but conservatives came out in greater numbers. 
TL;DR:  Glau - "Let's talk about race's role in Trump's rise" Joe - "No racism.  Clinton worst."

• Love 12
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in an abandoned studio. Mika is off. 

This is such a bad look.

You know it has to kill Joe's ego to have such a JV background/backdrop/setting while going over this breaking news about Tillerson. He surely knows optics, he surely knows this looks horrible.

ETA: If she is actually ill (if), Mika sure is ill a lot. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Good God, Joe is a dickhead Republican through and through, with such a maniacal grudge against Hillary.  Prof Eddie just made - twice - an argument that within Trump's rise, within the nationalistic fervor, as the GOP collapses here forever and grasps "for how things were in the '50s and '60s" (Joe's words), it reveals an anti-ethnic, anti-minority, anti-woman reactionary facet to that brand of conservatism.  Studies show it's a verifiable fact. Oh and...  "Let them call you racist.  Wear it as a badge of honor."
Joe interrupted Eddie twice, because his nasty Republican DNA just watched a black man, on his own show, call GOP voters nativist regressives who realize they're becoming a minority and voted out of prejudice and fear.  Joe was all like NO NO NO, HILLARY CLINTON HISTORICALLY BAD CANDIDATE.  Prof Glau reminded Joe that... uh... those voters who elected Obama didn't vote in 2016, but conservatives came out in greater numbers. 
TL;DR:  Glau - "Let's talk about race's role in Trump's rise" Joe - "No racism.  Clinton worst."

It's so obvious that Joe is Trump Lite.  Anyone who won't give him the time of day,  he develops such a grudge against. He's so transparent. 

If Hillary was so god awful, how did she get 3 million more votes than Trump?  Your network did everything it could to showcase Trump as " legit, look at this new shiny thing, it's amazing!!" , including your daily ass kissing. 

FFS, Joe, so she didn't do MJ for the book tour. LET IT GO. 

• Love 7

I thought Joe looked like he was in an abandoned Circuit City warehouse. What other anchor of a tv show bearing his name is never there?

Let Stormy talk! 

I did love that everyone was in agreement this morning that the Republican lead house in intelligence committee released a bogus report and will be embarrassed eventually.

• Love 3

I'm surprised Joe is hiding away in various Connecticut bunkers and isn't in New York bonding with his future mother in law. Or maybe that is the reason he is in hiding in various Connecticut bunkers (and letting his true asshole shine). 

Anyway, I'm just glad we had Katty Kay there to provide Mika's usual "wows" and "whoa" and other assorted noises when the Rexit news broke. Phew!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Anyway, I'm just glad we had Katty Kay there to provide Mika's usual "wows" and "whoa" and other assorted noises when the Rexit news broke. Phew!

Some of that could have been Drunk Peggy Noonan. She "wows" a lot. 

Is NBC so desperate for analysts and political experts that they have to drag her sorry ass out? She was on MTP the other day. FFS, she was nothing but a speech writer for Reagan.  She has NO political expertise at all other than writing pretty words for Daddy.  Like this from "What I Saw At The Revolution":

I first saw President Reagan as a foot, highly polished brown cordovan wagging merrily on a hassock. I spied it through the door. It was a beautiful foot, sleek. Such casual elegance and clean lines! But not a big foot, not formidable, maybe a little ...frail. I imagined cradling it in my arms, protecting it from unsmooth roads.”

Now tell me NBC/MSNBC why would any of you ask this person their opinion on ANYTHING?  

I'm going to go throw up BRB. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

Is it asking too much for morning news hosts (granted, on cable tv) to be present during their show?  You know, be actually in the city where the show originates?  

Joe was interviewing someone who was making a point in the discussion (sorry, can't remember who)...when Joe interrupted him to bloviate.  Mr. Kemper looked up from his paper and groused about not letting the guest speak.  Why do they even bother having guests when the hosts (well, Joe) constantly break in and start yammering whatever is on their particular agenda for that day.  And this was not the news of the Tillerson firing.  This will be discussion gold for tomorrow.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is it asking too much for morning news hosts (granted, on cable tv) to be present during their show?  You know, be actually in the city where the show originates?  

Joe does what he wants and where he wants, because Joe is - - > the boss.

giphy.gif&key=1d0a4a69b4093d677b2b927472

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

He wrote "She is" over where it says "I'm"  [ <---  whoops, wrong]

Noonan told a story about how someone described the way Reagan dealt with the press, "Like they were geese and he'd gently shoo them away from his legs."  And she squee'd and sighed.  Then she told a story about how she saw Reagan drink a full boot full of beer then lift a grown man over his head.  Then she described how she once saw Reagan karate chop Bruce Lee and when Jesus went to high five him, Reagan left Jesus hanging and instead smoothed the back of his hair.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

What did he write? 

And I noticed they went back to repeating the 6-6:30 segment at 8 am this morning.  He had to stick around for the Tillerson announcement. That must have pissed him off.

“Joe is - - > the boss.” I posted the entire interview over in the style thread. He defaced a Milly shirt (she designed Michelle Obama’s portrait dress), I would have broken off the engagement. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Joe forgets that Republicans voted to nominate Trump as their candidate, so I guess according to Joe, all those Republicans must have been the most historically bad candidates, too.  He keeps calling Trump a Democrat, but it wasn't the Dems who nominated Trump.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Noonan told a story about how someone described the way Reagan dealt with the press, "Like they were geese and he'd gently shoo them away from his legs."  And she squee'd and sighed.  Then she told a story about how she saw Reagan drink a full boot full of beer then lift a grown man over his head.  Then she described how she once saw Reagan karate chop Bruce Lee and when Jesus went to high five him, Reagan left Jesus hanging and instead smoothed the back of his hair.

I really wish someone on that panel would look over at her and say Shut the fuck up Peggy.  Actually there are several people on that show that I wish someone would say that to. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Landsnark said:

The anti-Hillary mudslinging was off the rails this morning, infecting other members of the panel as well.   Scarborough helped elect a ruler more mercurial than Henry VIII yet he sits there like some fucked-up Lady Macbeth obsessively trying to wash his hands in the blood of Hillary Clinton.  "Out, damn Trump!"

• Love 8
10 hours ago, XOQueens said:

This is such a bad look.

You know it has to kill Joe's ego to have such a JV background/backdrop/setting while going over this breaking news about Tillerson. He surely knows optics, he surely knows this looks horrible.

ETA: If she is actually ill (if), Mika sure is ill a lot. 

Mika & Joe used to have an apartment in Manhattan. Why can't Joe stay there during the winter if there is inclement weather ?

I prefer the fireplace studio when Joe is doing his Facebook live rants. Optics matter Joe!

6 hours ago, izabella said:

Joe forgets that Republicans voted to nominate Trump as their candidate, so I guess according to Joe, all those Republicans must have been the most historically bad candidates, too.  He keeps calling Trump a Democrat, but it wasn't the Dems who nominated Trump.

Joe forgets a lot of things. IIRC many of the early primaries had a "winner take all" system. Trump would get all the delegates from a state with 30-40% of the popular vote. The anti Trump moderates like Rubio,Kasich & Bush failed to form an anti-Trump GOP moderate opposition behind 1 candidate . Trump wins.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I have a book of similar boasts about Chuck Norris.   It's like "the Most Interesting Man in the World" on crack. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Joe does what he wants and where he wants, because Joe is - - > the boss.

giphy.gif&key=1d0a4a69b4093d677b2b927472

Where did you find that? I had to spit out a glass of wine.....

10 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe was interviewing someone who was making a point in the discussion (sorry, can't remember who)...when Joe interrupted him to bloviate.  Mr. Kemper looked up from his paper and groused about not letting the guest speak.  Why do they even bother having guests when the hosts (well, Joe) constantly break in and start yammering whatever is on their particular agenda for that day.  And this was not the news of the Tillerson firing.  This will be discussion gold for tomorrow.

It's only been a couple of years since Joe was allowed to broadcast from the Bunker. IIRC in 2010 or 2011, Joe tried to broadcast from his  rental home in Martha's Vineyard. Joe was smoking cigars at 7 am. Mika was stuck in NYC in the studio.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mmtx2002 said:

I think Joe is at the NBC Sports studio in Stamford, CT.  I see “sports” in the background.  I doubt they work at 6 am at NBC Sports, hence the basement look.  

Good eye!

13 hours ago, Landsnark said:

According to Joe's analysis , Clinton went from the most qualified candidate in modern history to the worst candidate ever". The 65 million votes that Hillary received  is pitiful:) LOL!

Eddie is a good analyst & frequently said before the election that Hillary Clinton would not get the levels of support among African Americans that Obama did. IMHO , this cost Clinton Michigan & Pennsylvania & perhaps North Carolina & Florida.

Joe's revisionist history drives me nuts. The Democrats have run candidates that have far less qualifications than Hillary Clinton.

• Love 2
On 3/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, XOQueens said:

Just FYI, Afternoon Joe is taking place LIVE on his Facebook page. 

ETA: Lol what is this? It's very polished for a Facebook Live. Seriously, better production value than the bunker.

DYG7RAZVoAAMBYd.jpg

I like Fireplace Joe. If he moves the show to the Fireplace room, I will watch.  We have a fireplace channel in Canada. I like it.

• Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, teddysmom said:

I found a cuckoo for coco puffs story from the New Yorker about JoMika (posted in small talk cup a joe) It's got some great dirt on MarALago, the affair, them lying about wanting to get in with Trump, Joe's presidential aspirations, etc.  I had never seen it before.

It's a doozy. 

Yes, it was. Joe must have been furious that his cover was blown by the New Yorker & Maggie Haberman. Joe had a chance to be a key advisor to Trump or a member of his cabinet. I suspect that Mika would not let him join the Trump administration. Mika would lose her $4 million salary. Joe could probably live off his savings for a couple of years.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Where did you find that? I had to spit out a glass of wine.....

I am a dedicated Laura Brown fan and forgot #joeandmika were on Dirty Laundry until I saw the Morning Joe Style thread upped the other day, ha! There's a lot going on in this, beyond the t-shirt defacing. For one, I suspect Joe may have an account here as an adamant anti-scarf poster. ;) Enjoy, our dear recapper.

http://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000015e-c683-d3c3-addf-f7bb20fd0000/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I am a dedicated Laura Brown fan and forgot #joeandmika were on Dirty Laundry until I saw the Morning Joe Style thread upped the other day, ha! There's a lot going on in this, beyond the t-shirt defacing. For one, I suspect Joe may have an account here as an adamant anti-scarf poster. ;) Enjoy, our dear recapper.

http://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000015e-c683-d3c3-addf-f7bb20fd0000/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski/

Thanks!. The MSNBC channel is still not working in my house. The cable company said the outage is affecting our entire street. No effect on Fox News or CNN. I will recap from my kitchen tomorrow.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, millennium said:

Do I just have a dirty mind or is the cameraman going out of his way to profile Heidi's boobs?

Both are true? Wow, he just zoomed in on a standing Jeh Johnson and practically went up his nostrils.

That was weird. I tuned in at the Connor Lamb segment. Joe shows up out of nowhere. The panel goes apace as usual. At some point in the middle of it Mika leaves, and then Mika starts Tweeting about their pillow talk. 

• Love 3

And now they both just showed up right in the middle of Andrea Mitchell talking about Tillerson. What are they doing? This is so weird. Did Joe get his hair redone during his disappearance? 

• Love 1

Yesterday saw political fireworks  and this panel is a dud this morning.

As usual, Steve Kornacki is hyped up.

I have no idea how Steve Kornacki is still awake. He was up at midnight, that's when I finally had to stop checking the vote tallies on 11th Hour.  Election stuff is his crack. 

Someone should point out to Mika that she can discuss politics without contorting her face like she's being tasered in the ass. 

11 hours ago, oakville said:

We have a fireplace channel in Canada. I like it.

There's a fireplace channel on Amazon. I think I've noticed it when I'm looking around for something to watch. They have ambient channels like rain etc.  

• Love 5

Wednesday Recap MSNBC has been restored to the main tv at 6 56 am. I was watching CNN earlier  this morning. It was good , but I don't think Cilizza & David Gregory are sophisticated analysts. Camerota did an OK  job interviewing Conor Lamb. She did not focus on his differences with the Democratic Caucus & Nancy Pelosi.

It's nice of Mika & Joe to show up on the set together in New York. The abandoned studio is not professional. Mika is wearing a lovely turqoise scarf.

Conor Lamb said it was inpolite to ask voters if they supported Trump. He is very calm & very polite. He made fun of tv pundits. He did the hard work of canvassing & meeting people in small rooms.

He wants to work with Trump on infrastructure.

I think he is a Blue Dog Democrat which used to be very popular in rural areas & the South.

He looks like a young Joe Scarborough.

Lamb said Pelosi & Ryan should be replaced next year.

Recap to be continued. Heidi was rescued from the Library & gets to be on the panel.

4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I have no idea how Steve Kornacki is still awake. He was up at midnight, that's when I finally had to stop checking the vote tallies on 11th Hour.  Election stuff is his crack. 

Someone should point out to Mika that she can discuss politics without contorting her face like she's being tasered in the ass. 

There's a fireplace channel on Amazon. I think I've noticed it when I'm looking around for something to watch. They have ambient channels like rain etc.  

I have a real Natural gas Fireplace which is getting quite a bit of use this winter. I like the concept of a tv fireplace.

• Love 1