Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I understand why the LEO didn't run into the school to save the day, but then the Right should stop telling us good guys with guns can stop these mass shootings.

The banning of weapons at CPAC further demonstrates the hypocrisy of Conservatives on the gun issue.

I spit out my water at this Teddysmom.   

There are several parts of CPAC that give me a bit of hope especially when LaPierre mentioned he wasn't getting the reception he expected.  I see the next great fight being LePierre -vs- Loesch as she has him in her sights (pardon the pun) and clearly both are skilled in weaponry so have at it.  Velocity is your friend!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Have they mentioned why they were on set in DC all week?

No, but I think Mika's mom is sick. The show is better when they are on a set together. However, Joe is determined to outdo SNL's skits with his MIKA Boo & PDA. I am worried that they might make out on the desk.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Yes I heard that as well. And I don't care for the Sheriff of Broward County bad mouthing this guy either. What happened to cops having each other's back? 

Apparently, there were 4 cops from Broward County that stayed outside as well. The Coral Springs (municipal) deputies were upset when they showed up on the scene. There is plenty of blame to go around but 17 people are dead.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

It's interesting that Joe and his little fiancee are so lacking in self-awareness (or shame) that they take no ownership of their own role in making that fluke happen in 2016.  They just can't stop with the Hillary bashing.

Bill Kristol needs to take his smug, smirky ass somewhere and take a stadium full of seats.  Why are he and Joe acting as if this is the first year that the CPAC conference has had insane, one Happy Meal short of a french fry unsavory folks on the platform?  How could they forget tea party darling, Sarah Palin, addressing that august body?  Just last year, Steve Bannon was allowed to address this assortment of whatever they call themselves--while Richard Spencer ironically was shown the door.  Given the speakers they had this year, they should have just stopped faking the funk and invited Spencer to be its keynote speaker and be done with it.  It's hilarious (not in a ha ha! way) to see Kristol and Joe twisting themselves into pretzels while lamenting what has become of the Conservative moment.  Like this shit just happened overnight, as opposed to being a nearly 40-year journey.

I don't that think Joe & Smirky would be  welcome to speak at CPAC . I doubt anyone takes them seriously. Smirky's dad was a pretty well known Conservative but Smirky has no credibility. His daughter in law was teaching Mika's daughter Carly a few years ago.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:08 PM, stormy said:

Did anyone notice that trump has the number 45 monogrammed on his shirt cuff? It's visible when they show him holding his list of questions and helpful hints. Hmm, no electoral college map too?

I am surprised he didn't show the kids an map of the counties he won in the election.

• Love 4

If I have the time to catch the show, I really wish that Mika would stop interrupting discussion of something that I do want to hear for some kind of inside person joke with Joe, it's annoying me.  It happened TWICE last week.  It's ridiculous and waste of time.  It's not wise to annoy viewers. 

• Love 4

I get more laughs from this show than I do from most comedies. Mika and her disgust for anything pop culture related and everyone basically ignoring her, she's above all that. Joe running the show on his time line, time for a break, I'll start another discussion. I'd love to hear the comments in the control room. Is there anyone in politics who doesn't reach out to Joe for his opinions? To be fair whenever someone from the rock world dies I find Joe to be the most knowledgeable and sincere of all the pundits in his tributes. It's too bad it takes a death to bring out his best. He really is a big music fan. On the other hand they should show Kassie more respect. I don't think I've ever read a bad word or snarky comment about her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Orillia said:

I get more laughs from this show than I do from most comedies. Mika and her disgust for anything pop culture related and everyone basically ignoring her, she's above all that. Joe running the show on his time line, time for a break, I'll start another discussion. I'd love to hear the comments in the control room. Is there anyone in politics who doesn't reach out to Joe for his opinions? To be fair whenever someone from the rock world dies I find Joe to be the most knowledgeable and sincere of all the pundits in his tributes. It's too bad it takes a death to bring out his best. He really is a big music fan. On the other hand they should show Kassie more respect. I don't think I've ever read a bad word or snarky comment about her.

I do think that Joe's number 1 passion is music. He used to be a less superficial political analyst. Now he rants a lot & he has trouble remembering his talking points from previous shows & his positions when he was in Congress. He is becoming a caricature of a know it all pundit. The success of the show was due to a variety of high quality guests & longer than normal segments which allowed in depth discussion of topics. Trump's entry into politics has allowed ratings to triple over the past 2 years but it has reduced the quality of the show. The cycle of the show is now

1. Trump said something outrageous about Topic X

2. No President has ever said this about topic X

3. Trump should be condemned

4. Trump is doomed

5. Trump behaves for a few minutes like a normal person on Topic Y

6. Trump is pivoting & could win re election

7. Trump says something else outrageous

8. Repeat Step 2.

• Love 7

It's amazing how Mika, Joe and the panel stay awake. It's so boring. Some mornings I find myself nodding off then have to turn it off so I don't because I leave for the gym.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

Monday Recap at regular hours.

Most important topic today was defending a friend of the show. Someone at CPAC said that Steele was chosen to led the GOP in 2009 because he was a black guy. It was a terrible thing to elect him solely based on his race as a counter to Obama. Joe was furious. Joe said Steele helped in organizing legislative victories against Obama. Joe forgot that Steele lost his job at the RNC due to problems at the party with spending irregualrities, drama & chaos. The party was upset that Steele was "using the race card". I found an article from that era. i do remember the GOP wanting Steele out over his lavish personal spending using the party's money.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/12/nation/la-na-steele-rnc-20101212

Joe is mad at CPAC for not letting his friends speak at CPAC so they can sell their books & gain publicity.

Joe is mad at Schlapp for not apologizing to Steele properly.

Mika was gleeful at reading polls showing Trump's popularity has fallen to 35%. They were not able to talk about polls recently because Trump was over 40% support after the SOTU & tax cuts became known.

Joe said Trump is doomed due to the rise of millenials & women. They will vote in November.

VanderHei was excited at companies cutting NRA discounts.

Joe said Democrat voters will be intense this fall.

Joe is mad that CPAC votes support Trump at 93%.

Confessore is worried about the Trumpfication of the party. It's not traditional conservatism.

Schlapp explained to Steele that the CPAC people were mad at Steele's anti Trump comments & his poor performance as RNC Chair.

Steele was mad that his race was mentioned.

• Love 4

I love that Rep. Mast (R) is going on both MSNBC and CNN to get his message out.  What a terrific spokesman for having a serious, no drama discussion around the AR-15.  I am so glad that so many veterans are running for office instead of rich people that don't have a clue how regular people live.  This gives me hope that maybe this time things will change.  I also hope more adults start speaking out as for me these kids need a rest already.

Oakville, thanks for the link about Michael Steele.  They are heading into the top of the hour and talking about him like he's going to be the lead story which he was when they opened the show.  I wonder if they will be going back to repeating the first half hour again.

• Love 4

Joe was furious at Broward County for missing all the red flags about Cruz. Joe said on 9/11 firefighters knew they were going to the gates of hell to rescue people in the towers. That's revisionist Joe. If the firefighters knew the building was going to collapse, they would take cover.

Joe was furious at the police officers for staying outside during the shooting. Joe said they got a bonus for ignoring the red flags

Joe called the sheriff a showboat on CNN who mouths off without knowing all the facts. I wonder if Joe is related to the Sheriff ?

David  Hogg from Parkland is on the show. He is very calm. The boy was called a crisis actor. He quadrupled his twitter following.

He will work to get gun laws changed in Florida.

• Love 6

Hogg wants bulletproof glass & better locks in school.

The elected officials are in charge of the bureaucracy. He is worried about teachers being armed.

Joe is saying that taxpayers are paying for security officials who aren't doing their job.

Hogg should be a regular panelist. He is more thoughtful than Barnicle.

Joe was excited that Gates was charged with lying to FBI. Mika said the wizard will get caught. Mika is energized today. Joe is shouting again about lying to Mueller.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Did you know Joe grew up in Southern Baptist churches throughout the Deep South?! 

Lol. Wait. Mika just tried to snark on Trump having three wives. ...

Mika will be Joe's third wife!

They are showing a clip of Trump comparing immigrants to snakes.

Joe said Einstein was allowed into the USA & Mika's dad! Joe said Steve Jobs was a Syrian immigrant. No he wasn't Joe. He was adopted. His biological dad was from Syria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs#cite_note-3

Fact checking Joe is becoming tiresome

Edited by oakville
Joe is wrong
  • Love 8

While I do love Joe's "passion" for outrage regarding how McCain and Michael Steele have been treated, I have to wonder where that passion and outrage (and rants) were while the far right and the Tea Party trashed Obama (on a truly racist level).  Where has Joe been the last 8-10 years?  What kind of discourse did he help lead?

On a truly snarky and fun level...Dick Durbin today.  They were discussing immigration and Joe mentioned that Joe's wife was an immigrant.  Durbin interjected, very quietly, "TWO of his wives"  - best thing I heard on this show today.  Anyone else catch that?  Mr. Kemper didn't.  He didn't have his hearing aid in, and Durbin is soft-spoken.  But apparently carries a big stick. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

While I do love Joe's "passion" for outrage regarding how McCain and Michael Steele have been treated, I have to wonder where that passion and outrage (and rants) were while the far right and the Tea Party trashed Obama (on a truly racist level).  Where has Joe been the last 8-10 years?  What kind of discourse did he help lead?

On a truly snarky and fun level...Dick Durbin today.  They were discussing immigration and Joe mentioned that Joe's wife was an immigrant.  Durbin interjected, very quietly, "TWO of his wives"  - best thing I heard on this show today.  Anyone else catch that?  Mr. Kemper didn't.  He didn't have his hearing aid in, and Durbin is soft-spoken.  But apparently carries a big stick. 

I understand that Steele is a friend of the show but Joe should have been more honest about why Steele lost his job at the RNC.

I remember when Jon Stewart used to bring on muppets dressed like Steele to mock him when he went after Obama.

The fact is that Steele, Nicole Wallace & Steve Schmidt are not taken seriously by the rank & file GOP anymore. They have been paid by MSNBC for years & rarely speak at GOP events. They were part of the Bush supporters wing of the party that did poorly in 2012 & 2016

• Love 4

Barnicle is going on about Trump speaking about snakes. How did this happen? He is so melodramatic. Mika got mixed up and called Trump the snake.

Joe is ranting about the National Front in France.

Costa said the Reaganites controlled CPAC 10 years ago. Trump was a fringe player. Now he is in charge.

Joe said Trump lost the popular vote election & would lose 29 out of 30 times. Joe said Trump will not get re elected. Again, Joe forgot what he said  2 weeks ago about Trump getting re elected as a response to a Blue Wave in 2018.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

I understand that Steele is a friend of the show but Joe should have been more honest about why Steele lost his job at the RNC.

All of MSNBC was siding with Steele, this story broke Friday night and Joy Reid was apopletic. I think it was more the "we hired him because he was black and that was a terrible idea".   That's straight up racist. If they wanted to say "we let him go because we found some problems with how money was being handled", then  fine. 

I turned it off when Joe brought up one of David's teacher's watches MJ, "thanks for watching". oh stfu.  He makes it sound like "so glad we had David on, especially so we can show off that a teacher at MSD watches us". barf. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Tee hee, no one told Mika there would be math on this quiz . . . 

You could see the wheels grinding to a halt in her head as she got to the third wife part and tried to take it back. If I see a clip I'll try to make a GIF. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

You could see the wheels grinding to a halt in her head as she got to the third wife part and tried to take it back. If I see a clip I'll try to make a GIF. 

I also caught her doing a spot on Peggy Noonan impression as she looked like she was about to fall asleep and started listing a bit while Joe was droning on about something.

20 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

All of MSNBC was siding with Steele, this story broke Friday night and Joy Reid was apopletic. I think it was more the "we hired him because he was black and that was a terrible idea".   That's straight up racist. If they wanted to say "we let him go because we found some problems with how money was being handled", then  fine. 

I turned it off when Joe brought up one of David's teacher's watches MJ, "thanks for watching". oh stfu.  He makes it sound like "so glad we had David on, especially so we can show off that a teacher at MSD watches us". barf. 

IIRC, Steele did promote the idea when he was elected in 2009 that he could help reach out to African American voters due to his experience as LT Gov  in Maryland. He was not successful in improving AA support for the GOP. I think the financial issues cost him his job.

I agree that the CPAC speaker should not have made the statement.

Of course Joe had to mention that the teacher watched Morning Joe. LOL!

Mona Charen was a guest. She got booed at CPAC for trashing Le Pen & Roy Moore & Trump for having affairs & abusing women.

Edited by oakville
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I love that Rep. Mast (R) is going on both MSNBC and CNN to get his message out.  What a terrific spokesman for having a serious, no drama discussion around the AR-15.  I am so glad that so many veterans are running for office instead of rich people that don't have a clue how regular people live.  This gives me hope that maybe this time things will change.  I also hope more adults start speaking out as for me these kids need a rest already.

Oakville, thanks for the link about Michael Steele.  They are heading into the top of the hour and talking about him like he's going to be the lead story which he was when they opened the show.  I wonder if they will be going back to repeating the first half hour again.

I am watching the Mast interview now. He makes several good points about the AR 15 should be used on the battlefield in the most dangerous war zones.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Well, Imma just put this out here.  Too bad some of us have pretty long memories. Color me shocked that Steele would be surprised that people in his party would express this sentiment. Even Stevie Wonder could clearly see why Steele was chosen as RNC chair back then, which just happened to coincide with President Obama's election.  Psst!  Michael, when they don't need you no more, then you're shown the door.  Just ask Stacy Dash, whose "career" at Faux ended when Obama's second term was effectively over.

In fact, Steele relished his role as the Black Obama attack dog and commented back then that he looked forward to mixing it up with Obama--as if they were going to get down and play the dozens or something. Steele is also responsible for a phrase that became a part of our political discourse: "Drill, baby, drill!" This was a part of his convention speech to justify drilling on public lands.  Thanks for reminding me about the way Steele mishandled the RNC's money back then, particularly on expenditures for himself, including private jets, etc.  Ironic given how we hear nary a peep from the party faithful now about how their donations are being used to pay Drumpf and Uday's legal fees.  I guess it's good that Steele can see clearly now what so many of us knew when he was first chosen.

I also have to laugh at Joe's faux outrage about where his "former" party is these days.  Really?  Bruh, where you been?  I'm glad there was some tacit acknowledgement this morning that the "tea party" movement arose in response to Obama's election--another Black guy.

• Love 10

The 8- 830 am segment was a repeat of the 6 - 630 am segment. Joe is mad at Trump for mocking McCain for voting Thumbs down on repealing Obamacare.

Joe went into a long discussion about how McCain was a hero in Vietnam etc. Joe said that Trump was classless. Joe is mad at the CPAC crowd.

Were there Southern baptist churches in parts of the country other than the South?

Barnicle keeps repeating that Trump is the President of the USA. I think most viewers realize that.

Barnicle scolded CPAC attendees for booing McCain. He wanted to know how were they raised.

Was Barnicle raised to be a plagiarist?

Mika is wearing a nice navy blue dress today. I assume they are in Washington today.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

I have no sympathy for Michael Steele. Since this story broke, he's been all over MSNBC.

He doesn't like black going after black but yep he did the same to President Obama and wouldn't even stand up against the birthers.

He has been critical lately of trump sio I guess that's what made him a target.

Only fun on the show we're the poll numbers.

And I loved seeing David Hogg. David for president!

• Love 3

Joe started trashing Stephen Miller for vetoing Trump's moves to fix DACA. Durbin said that dealing with Trump is like negotiaiting with  Jello.

Barnicle iss still talking about the damage to the Presidency. He is a one note commentator now. During the Obama Presidency he would complain about politicians not focused on "kitchen Table" discussions about paying bills.

He was so focused on the term "kitchen table" I thought he would end up on HGTV renovation shows talking about replacing the kitchen table & counter tops with Granite & Stainless Steel Appliances.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe started trashing Stephen Miller for vetoing Trump's moves to fix DACA. Durbin said that Trump is behaving like Jello.

Barnicle iss still talking about the damage to the Presidency. He is a note commenter now.

Barnicle annoyed me more than usual today. He and Joe both overuse the "how were these people raised" line.

• Love 2

Joe has always been the head douchebag when it comes to his Obama jealousy. He's probably second only to Trump in the rage that burns in him that Obama wouldn't give him the time of day. 

But I think MSNBC ptb want "moderate" Republicans on the network,  like Wallace Schmidt Steele, etc. who blatantly despise Trump so it doesn't appear it's just liberals doing the Trump bashing, and then they  bring Republicans who aren't party over country in as viewers. 

But some of the liberal hosts forget what douchebags these three were when Obama was in office. Wallace & Steele more than Schmidt a little. As MulletorHater said, viewers have longggggggg memories. And we hold grudges like nobodies business. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

Final guests are Jeffrey Sachs & Messina. Lamb who is running for Congress in PA 18 won't support Pelosi. The Chinese President wants to stay past his second term. Joe blame Trump for being friendly with dictators. What does Joe want to do? Bomb China?

Sachs said that China is building things and investing in other countries but the USA is lost & just bombs countries. Sachs said this started under Obama but got worse under Trump because the USA is out of TPP.

Joe's back to talking about polls. ! Trump is doomed. Joe had Messina on a few weeks ago & Messina told him to stop looking at Presidential approval numbers now. Does Joe have dementia? Why does he keep talking about polls now when the election is in November? Messina said Intensity is important. Black voters came out in Alabama !. It was raining Joe !

• Love 4
Just now, teddysmom said:

I think MSNBC ptb are trying to get some "moderate" Republicans, Wallace Schmidt Steele, etc. who blatantly despise Trump so it doesn't appear it's just liberals. 

But some of the hosts forget what douchebags these three were when Obama was in office. Wallace & Steele more than Schmidt a little.

Joe has always been the head douchebag when it comes to his Obama jealousy. He's probably second only to Trump in the rage that burns in him that Obama wouldn't give him the time of day. 

I totally agree! I think Obama only appeared once on Morning Joe for an interview when he ran for re election. Cackles & Steele used to bash Obama on a regular basis.

I was a bit surprised that Joe didn't go on an extended rant against the Broward Sheriff , Steve Israel for the missteps over the handling of Cruz before & during the shooting. Joe was pretty irate on twitter yesterday.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

It was raining Joe !

It's raining women! Hallelujah it's raining women! At the polls! They'll come out and vote no matter what! Rain Wind Sleet Storm Snow! Don't even care if it ruins our hair!! We're gonna vote! 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I didn't see this segment.  Was Mika trying to figure out who Trump's wives were or how to add 2 + 1?

It was Mika smugly deriding Trump and his many failed marriages, and then realizing in slow motion that SHE is Joe's number 3.

• Love 8

46 MINUTES AGO, TEDDYSMOM SAID:

I didn't see this segment.  Was Mika trying to figure out who Trump's wives were or how to add 2 + 1?

It was Mika smugly deriding Trump and his many failed marriages, and then realizing in slow motion that SHE is Joe's number 3.

Me likey.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is wearing a nice navy blue dress today. I assume they are in Washington today.

I'm pretty sure they are back in New York, but with a Washington background.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, roughing it said:

I would like to see the money they have earmarked for the stupid wall to go instead to making schools safer.

Hogg was very balanced in his comments. He is right about making schools more secure & raising the age of purchase for AR 15's .He wasn't into grandstanding like Joe.

1 hour ago, cased said:

I'm pretty sure they are back in New York, but with a Washington background.

This is possible but I am confused. The Washington Studio is usually more cozy. It's like a big bunker.

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Back in 2009, Joe Scarborough also said "being black isn't enough".  Oops.   And Michael Steele was good friends with Rush Limbaugh. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/hey-remember-when-joe-scarborough-said-being-black-isnt-enough-for-michael-steele-to-be-rnc-chair/

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

This is possible but I am confused. The Washington Studio is usually more cozy. It's like a big bunker.

Last week they were in the cozy Washington studio. This week they are back in New York, in there more expansive studio, with a video image of Washington displayed on the wall behind them.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, rcc said:

Mika and Joe insisted on bringing up the boos for Mona Charen and her remarks. She shut them down admirably.

What no one seemed to mention is that some of the most vocal hecklers of Charen appeared to be women.   Probably more of those harpies who wore "Trump Can Grab My Pussy" t-shirts to his campaign rallies.

• Love 5

I find myself irked when Scarborough touts his longstanding admiration for people who do reprehensible things, i.e., Matt Schlapp, "I've known Matt a long time, he's a great guy ..."   He acts like the reprehensible things are anomalies, mere blips on an otherwise glowing record, tacitly implying that once they clear the current bump in the road, they'll go right back to being "great guys."

He does the same thing with Paul Ryan and others, insists they are "great guys" even when they openly lie or act in ways that help to destroy our democratic institutions. 

It's the Rob Porter Syndrome.   "Rob?  A great guy.  What?   He beats his wife?   We wish him the very best in his future career."

I got news for you, Scar-bro, they were never "great guys."   That's why they do these things that leave a bad taste in your mouth.   I suspect you're not a "great guy" either, and that if you were still in the game, you'd be playing right along with them.

Ditto for "victim" Michael Steele.    Sucks when the monster you helped to create turns on you.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9