Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Given Joe's dire rant this morning, he could have had his blue sweater cleaned. It still has white specks all over it.

Joe started the show by himself, with no introduction.

Joe tries to make his rants from the breakfast nook have the same gravitas as Jesus's sermons from the mount.

Mika is wearing a grey cardigan. I think she might start crying.

• LOL 6

Joe made an interesting point about the difference between Trump's personality in private & his public persona as a reality tv President.

Trump sounded much more knowledgeable about the virus on the tapes with Woodward.

• Love 6

It is almost like Meeka has become invisible on this show.  Yes, she does her "breathless" reading thing because it seems that is what Joe allows her to do.  She "hmms" in the background because that is what Joe allows her to do.  He IS the show and lately it seems he wants everyone to know it...his wife, his guests, his viewers.  Yes, things are maybe different at home and off-camera; and maybe she doesn't care that she has no real voice.  She does try sometimes. 

This morning there was no real gravitas with Joe; just another opportunity for him to rant and lecture.  Way too many Brady Bunch squares shown at one point.  But.  Bob Woodward will apparently give his first network interview with The Twins next week.  Wonder how much he will be allowed to talk?  I would feel really badly for Meeka; but she has allowed herself to be marginalized and possibly doesn't even realize it.

• Love 6

I don't watch this program every day like most of you.  I am on the west coast and it begins at 3 am.  I couldn't sleep and got up to watch it.  I have been extremely upset since I heard about Trump LYING to the American people.  I was pretty much glued to CNN and MSNBC yesterday.  Heard the tapes.

I don't really care about what Joe and Mika wear.  There are much bigger things to be concerned with right now.  Like 190,000 people dead from this virus. I think their concern is genuine. I need to hear it. I try to watch a little of all the news.  I switched over to Fox and Friends and they were yukking it up and calling the Woodward book "a political hit job." Big surprise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Willie interviewed Mike Lupica!  I am shocked that Joe did not take the opportunity to bloviate with a Sports Guy.

I am sure everyone on this Board is living day-to-day being quietly terrified and angry; most of the country is.  I talk about it to family and friends; one of my best friends has recently been directly exposed to Covid; she is 76 and is immune-compromised.  And she is also terrified but just soldiers on.  So I probably write about The Twins'  interview style,  personal tics, etc., because I just can't focus on the horror in this country and the world 24/7.   Discussing The Twins' hair, clothes, possible marital situations, etc., gives me a break from reality.  Tomato/Tomahto.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I am sure everyone on this Board is living day-to-day being quietly terrified and angry; most of the country is.  I talk about it to family and friends; one of my best friends has recently been directly exposed to Covid; she is 76 and is immune-compromised.  And she is also terrified but just soldiers on.  So I probably write about The Twins'  interview style,  personal tics, etc., because I just can't focus on the horror in this country and the world 24/7.   Discussing The Twins' hair, clothes, possible marital situations, etc., gives me a break from reality.  Tomato/Tomahto.  

Agree. We all know what is important. If we didn't know or care we wouldn't watch news coverage like we do.   This board is a respite from the horrors of daily life in 2020.  

Our feelings about Joe & Mika are not a one off. You can read news articles, Twitter etc about how people in the biz feel about them.  

If Joe & Mika want to be on tv and make millions of $, the least they can do is act & dress like they give a shit about something more than their egos.

Joe's rant at the top of the show this morning was so pathetic.  You are travelling by private jet, you see your rich ass neighbors. Stop acting like you're out there among normal people and engaging with them. 

How do you even have time, what with the calls from the CIA, NSA, UN Security Council, Red Sox management, Paul McCartney, Joint Chiefs, blah blah blah. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Agree. We all know what is important. If we didn't know or care we wouldn't watch news coverage like we do.   This board is a respite from the horrors of daily life in 2020. 

This. I don't always agree with everything written here, but that's as it should be. And...in fairness, Joe and Mika have built their careers around telling other people what they should do, Joe goes on TV every morning and gives Congress advice, gives the GOP advice, gives the Democrats advice, Mika has built a brand around giving women advice on how to behave, what to eat, what to wear, etc.

So in that context commenting on something like their wardrobe etc is surely fair, especially if it is to point out that their advice might be misguided or that they're not always doing the things they tell others to do.. I doubt they would take offence at that, they seem pretty chill.

• Love 4

I guess I don't find them irritating because a) I agree with them the majority of the time and b) I don't watch every day so that probably helps keep them from getting on my last nerve.

I'm in state of high-anxiety 24/7.  I'm in California and the smoke from the wildfires is worse than anything I have ever seen, and I have lived here my entire life.  I'm worried about the virus for myself because I am in the older age group. I'm sad for the ones who have died. I want Trump out of office so bad I am afraid to hope.

I tune out when Mika starts to talk about KYV, but I am heartened when they go off on Trump. Oh, and I like Clare McCaskill too. I like most of their panelists.  Wish they could all be together instead of remotely.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

I guess I don't find them irritating because a) I agree with them the majority of the time and b) I don't watch every day so that probably helps keep them from getting on my last nerve.

I'm in state of high-anxiety 24/7.  I'm in California and the smoke from the wildfires is worse than anything I have ever seen, and I have lived here my entire life.  I'm worried about the virus for myself because I am in the older age group. I'm sad for the ones who have died. I want Trump out of office so bad I am afraid to hope.

I tune out when Mika starts to talk about KYV, but I am heartened when they go off on Trump. Oh, and I like Clare McCaskill too. I like most of their panelists.  Wish they could all be together instead of remotely.

It does help to not watch every day. They can be exhausting. 

Hope you're safe, I can't imagine living thru those fires. 

Don't give up hope. 

I like to remember something I heard once:  There is no such thing as false hope, there is only hope. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

It does help to not watch every day. They can be exhausting. 

Hope you're safe, I can't imagine living thru those fires. 

Don't give up hope. 

I like to remember something I heard once:  There is no such thing as false hope, there is only hope. 

Thank you.  We are not near the fires, but the smoke is EVERYWHERE.  You may have seen the pictures of the SF Bay Area yesterday, the sky was literally orange. I feel so bad for the people who are losing their homes and possibly their lives due to these fires.

Debbie311...I get it and I feel the same way you do.  There are no words to convey how much I feel for you and everyone who is dealing with these fires.  I am also a "Senior Citizen" so I try my best to be careful.  I worry about friends and family;  I am afraid of what this country will look like when we finally come out of all of this.  I say "finally" because that is the only way I will allow myself to think.

This Board was started with the purpose of "snarking"** on the shows and people we see on tv every day.  And that is how I am coping; I think that is how a lot of us cope.  As a group we have kind of bonded over our ability to entertain each other with our comments on The Twins, the show and the guests.  MJ has introduced me to reporters I have never seen or heard of before.  I enjoy most of them (Noah Rothman the exception).  

Let's face it .... I don't watch as much as I used to; I have become cynical about The Twins; but God help me, right nowI would miss them if they were not there.  And yes, I will be onboard when and if they find other employment.  But they are my constant early in the morning, even if just for a few minutes.  I listen to Joe rant about something and I think about how much Mr. Kemper would enjoy and poke fun/rant about it.  

*I learned about this Board back in the Television Without Pity days; my daughter told me about it.  She had to explain what "snark" meant.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

It is almost like Meeka has become invisible on this show.  Yes, she does her "breathless" reading thing because it seems that is what Joe allows her to do.  She "hmms" in the background because that is what Joe allows her to do.  He IS the show and lately it seems he wants everyone to know it...his wife, his guests, his viewers.  Yes, things are maybe different at home and off-camera; and maybe she doesn't care that she has no real voice.  She does try sometimes. 

This morning there was no real gravitas with Joe; just another opportunity for him to rant and lecture.  Way too many Brady Bunch squares shown at one point.  But.  Bob Woodward will apparently give his first network interview with The Twins next week.  Wonder how much he will be allowed to talk?  I would feel really badly for Meeka; but she has allowed herself to be marginalized and possibly doesn't even realize it.

I've been really really puzzled about this - I recently saw Joe had done an interview with Variety a while ago, here https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/morning-joe-msnbc-interivew-joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinski-willie-geist-1203484886/

And he said this about the bizarro Florida separate rooms situation:

""Scarborough: Since we have been doing this, we have noticed a lot of [on-screen graphic] ‘boxes’ are going up, even when people are in the same studio. They are putting them in ‘boxes.’ When we are off set, people aren’t seeing the side of my head. I am talking to you directly and I am telling you exactly while looking right in your eyes what I think this is going to happen today. And you can see it on the other networks, a lot of ‘boxes’ are going up and people are talking straight to camera when they are in the studio with the host.""

And it's like, OK...I think he's fundamentally misunderstood his own show and his own audience?

Yeah, people like Hannity and Tucker Carlson make themselves the center of the universe, put their huge awkward faces in the middle of everything, stare down their audience, and yell platitudes "directly" at them...and sure, they get great ratings among a certain type of people...buuuut....isn't the whole point of Morning Joe to make fun of those pompous simplistic dudes, and appeal to intelligent, sane humans? Like who wants to EMULATE Hannity?

Wasn't the whole point to be the intelligent, sane, authentic alternative to those guys, not to copy their cultish dull-ass styles?? We don't need Grandpa Joe condescendingly looking directly "at us", in his cat-hair covered unwashed sweater. Because we're not fucking imbeciles. We need intelligent people talking, TO EACH OTHER - turning to make eyecontact with each other, in conversation, because that's actually intellectually stimulating, that's what leads to the spontaneous insights you only get in free conversation.

I know we all disagree about Mika and what she does and what she contributes... but it's hard to deny the current situation is a downgrade for her, professionally, compared to 2-3 years ago, when she and Joe did the show sitting next to each other in New York. She was at the head of the table, she had equal billing...now she shows up right before commercial breaks, like I guess she did on the Scarborough Country show, years and years ago...

It is not an improvement and it's insane none of her minions have pointed this out to her, given how she profiles herself in terms of career advice. I honestly thought it was a technical issue in Florida - but then last year they fixed it, and she was able to lead the show alongside Joe again - I literally remember being impressed with her that she fought to get the two-person set back...but now...they're in different locations again?

I know she's recently married and all oblivious and blissed-out  but good lord you CAN'T lead a professional empowerment platform and accept this shit, this HUGE professional downgrade, the Apotheosis of Joe Scarborough, savior of the nation. What on earth. And I actually LIKE Joe. But make room for the other humans in your life, dude. This is getting ridiculous.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, neona said:

...now she shows up right before commercial breaks, like I guess she did on the Scarborough Country show, years and years ago...

She never appeared on Scarborough Country.

Nine months after being fired by CBS, the only network that would hire her* relegated her to reading 30-second news cut-ins during commercial breaks on the overnight shift and throwing back to SC after commercials.**

*Per one of her books.

**Per interviews, Joe became infatuated with her while watching this in bed. He impulsively hired her in a hallway at 30 Rock the night before MJ's debut. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, suomi said:

She never appeared on Scarborough Country.

Nine months after being fired by CBS, the only network that would hire her* relegated her to reading 30-second news cut-ins during commercial breaks on the overnight shift and throwing back to SC after commercials.**

*Per one of her books.

**Per interviews, Joe became infatuated with her while watching this in bed. He impulsively hired her in a hallway at 30 Rock the night before MJ's debut. 

Welcome back Suomi ! Your post is factually accurate.

I wonder what Mika would be doing now if Joe wasn't attracted to her in 2007 ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I turned on the show this morning and Joe was screaming. He scared my kitties.

Just now on the show, Mika was doing her usual terrible job of reading out loud a Washington post editorial and there was this really long, awkward pause and lots of paper shuffling in the background as she lost her place and stopped her recitation. Then she picked up again and tried to pretend nothing had happened.

Later in the show, she pronounced Mohammad bin Salman's name as "Mohammad bin Salmon" (like the fish). I'm pretty sure that's not how you say it.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

Joe started the show with a review of the film ,"Absence of Malice".  Willie liked the movie & Mika was upset that Joe didn't ask her if she had seen the movie.

Joe compared Trump to Winston Churchill. Churchchill cried when he visited bombed out buildings. Trump has not cried & lied about the effects of the virus.

Joe is an expert on Winston Churchill quotes.

Joe wants Mike Pence to be honest & not blindly agree with everything that Trump says.

Joe should stop eating white powdered doughnuts before the show. There are flakes all over his sweater.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe is shouting at the WSJ editorial page for not blaming Trump for killing 200,000.

Joe want Trump to be directly blamed for the death of Americans.

Joe hates anti- anti Trumpism.

Joe is outraged that the WSJ reported that Nancy Pelosi & Gov Cuomo downplayed the severity of the virus in February.

Only Joe gets to decide who is responsible for the virus.

Joe will probably set fire to a copy of the WSJ after the show.

Joe is turning into an auctioneer shouting about random numbers of people that Trump killed.

• LOL 3

Mika is cry reading the Washington Post article about someone working in a fast food restaurant in Orlando & having to live in a hotel without power.

I am puzzled about Mika & Joe 's concerns about the economic effects of the virus. They both were strong supporters of shutting down restaurants & stores for as long as possible. People can't work at a store or restaurant if it is closed.

It took until 6 35 am for Willie to mention that it was the 19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on NY & Washington.

• Love 3

Joe complained about the lack of tv advertising by the Trump campaign . The Biden campaign is outspending Trump.

Joe said everyone is excited to donate to the Biden campaign.

Joe continue to be outraged by anti anti Trumpers. 

Joe considers himself to be a pioneer of anti GOP Conservatism and resents anyone else who has come up with the branding strategy of opposing a political party that you have voted for your entire adult life. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am puzzled about Mika & Joe 's concerns about the economic effects of the virus. They both were strong supporters of shutting down restaurants & stores for as long as possible. People can't work at a store or restaurant if it is closed.

That's really not what they were advocating. They, like most sensible people in the world, were advocating keeping things closed while getting testing and virus mitigation programs ramped up. Neither of those things happened during the time we were shut down, so the recovery has just sputtered along and business continue to close and people continue to suffer.

I agree with them on this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe complained about the lack of tv advertising by the Trump campaign

I don't get Joe. Why would he complain about Trump's campaign not having the money for tv ads? Doesn't that go against his 4 year campaign to stop Trump?

Personally, if I don't see ads for politicians I don't care for, I'm happier.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

That's really not what they were advocating. They, like most sensible people in the world, were advocating keeping things closed while getting testing and virus mitigation programs ramped up. Neither of those things happened during the time we were shut down, so the recovery has just sputtered along and business continue to close and people continue to suffer.

The problem is that a store or restaurant can't survive financially for months while being closed.

Mika & Joe have the luxury of getting paid millions of dollars to broadcast from their home during the pandemic while advocating that other businesses stay closed.

I suspect that Mika & Joe would have complained if their show was cancelled during the pandemic & replaced with a show dedicated to providing medical advice to viewers. 

Mika & Joe have showed virtually no sympathy for anyone who suffered financially during the pandemic & have not publicly offered any financial help to small local businesses that are suffering.

There has been very little discussion on the show about how government officials in various states have implemented ad hoc regulations on small businesses.

Mika & Joe's obsession with Donald Trump has blinded them to discuss any other issues affecting regular people.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I don't get Joe. Why would he complain about Trump's campaign not having the money for tv ads? Doesn't that go against his 4 year campaign to stop Trump?

Personally, if I don't see ads for politicians I don't care for, I'm happier.  

The Trump campaign was advertising on Morning Joe a few month ago.

I believe that part of Joe's compensation is tied to the advertising revenue that Morning Joe generates. The lack of Trump ads on Morning Joe is costing Joe money .

I remember Joe complaining 4 years ago about the lack of GOP spending money on cable tv ads.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

The problem is that a store or restaurant can't survive financially for months while being closed.

Mika & Joe have the luxury of getting paid millions of dollars to broadcast from their home during the pandemic while advocating that other businesses stay closed.

Mika & Joe's obsession with Donald Trump has blinded them to discuss any other issues affecting regular people.

A store or restaurant can't survive financially if people are afraid to visit because they'll get a potentially deadly disease. They are advocating getting the pandemic under control so business can reopen safely, versus just flinging the doors open and letting everyone get infected.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics counter at Saks? 

Well I don't agree, but I think because the impression that she's only there because of Joe is out there, that's one of the reasons she shouldn't just let Joe take over the whole show without protest...but YMMV...anyhoo...

I liked their coverage of the 9/11 memorial service, it was moving to hear their stories. 

Doesn't the Washington Post lose revenue if Mika reads Joe's whole article. Wouldn't it be better to say, to read the rest, go on the WP website, heh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, neona said:

Doesn't the Washington Post lose revenue if Mika reads Joe's whole article. Wouldn't it be better to say, to read the rest, go on the WP website, heh

I subscribe to WaPo online, I have never once read Joe's "op ed".  I do it because I respect Marty Baron and the reporters. 

Brian Williams snarked on the reading & promoting  of Joe's op eds on the show a couple months ago. No names, but that Eugene doesn't brag about his columns "like some others do".    Since Joe is the only person I am aware of who writes op eds for WaPo and then has them read almost in their entirety on air, I'm pretty sure it was a jab at Joe and his out of control ego.  It's one thing for a writer to be on a show and the host bring up the column but for Joe to use his wife as his cheerleader is pretty pathetic.  If your writing is so brilliant Joe I'm sure you don't need Mika "cry reading" them on air. 

I was joking about Mika working at the Bobbi Brown counter at Saks.  She'd probably be happier at the Cupcake/Ice cream shop in the mall.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I suspect that Mika & Joe would have complained if their show was cancelled during the pandemic & replaced with a show dedicated to providing medical advice to viewers. 

Mika & Joe have showed virtually no sympathy for anyone who suffered financially during the pandemic & have not publicly offered any financial help to small local businesses that are suffering.

There has been very little discussion on the show about how government officials in various states have implemented ad hoc regulations on small businesses.

AMEN!!!!!! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics counter at Saks?

Ha! But that would take a friendly, sociable, relatable personality. I think she should have just stayed home, raised the girls, and go to charity luncheons and galas. No public speaking.

I only watched for a moment; the reading of the op-ed is such a time waster and ego feeder. Mika's over the top dramatic recitation is laughable.  I learned yesterday she and the young one she has working the KYV situation are still writing the Cosmo column...maybe Joe can return the favor and breathlessly read her advice about office boobage slips and accidentally hooking up with a co-worker. (Is Cosmo still even published anymore? Haven't come across one is a decade or more.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, neona said:

Doesn't the Washington Post lose revenue if Mika reads Joe's whole article. Wouldn't it be better to say, to read the rest, go on the WP website, heh. 

On past episodes, Mika has acknowledged reading Joe's columns to him on the weekends at home.

• LOL 5
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

On past episodes, Mika has acknowledged reading Joe's columns to him on the weekends at home.

While he reclines on a chaise longue and she simultaneously feeds him grapes and fans him with a palm leaf

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, oakville said:
1 hour ago, neona said:

While he reclines on a chaise longue and she simultaneously feeds him grapes and fans him with a palm leaf

They also play Joe's music in the background while she recites his columns.

They played Joe's song about Trump on that Conspiracyland podcast. It's really kind of interesting.  Joe & Mika did not participate or make any comments.  Probably because Issikoff made Joe sound like an asshole. 

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, Eliot said:

I agree with them, too, adding that the Senate could have passed the bill the House passed months ago for a second stimulus check, extended unemployment benefits, and more payments to small businesses to keep people afloat while we get the virus under control.  The Senate failed to pass a skinny (read: less helpful) bill this week and says they won't get to it now until after the election.  Joe's outrage should be used to explain things more fully instead of just bloviating.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

The Senate failed to pass a skinny (read: less helpful) bill this week and says they won't get to it now until after the election.  Joe's outrage should be used to explain things more fully instead of just bloviating.

I think they have a couple weeks before they take off before election.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, izabella said:

I agree with them, too, adding that the Senate could have passed the bill the House passed months ago for a second stimulus check, extended unemployment benefits, and more payments to small businesses to keep people afloat while we get the virus under control.  The Senate failed to pass a skinny (read: less helpful) bill this week and says they won't get to it now until after the election.  Joe's outrage should be used to explain things more fully instead of just bloviating.

Yes, the show doesn't cover these issues anymore.  People are suffering & they ignore it. They spend too much time on what Trump said.

• Love 5

Joe is turning into an auctioneer shouting about random numbers of people that Trump killed.

Didn't he literally say something like, "He didn't do anything when 2,000 people died.  He didn't do anything when 2,001 people died.  He didn't do anything when 2,002 people died."  I don't know how long this went on because my eardrums melted at 2,002, and I can't read lips.   My daughter, a very recent convert to MJ, texted me, "Joe really lost it today and it's blowing out my speakers."

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Didn't he literally say something like, "He didn't do anything when 2,000 people died.  He didn't do anything when 2,001 people died.  He didn't do anything when 2,002 people died."  I don't know how long this went on because my eardrums melted at 2,002, and I can't read lips.   My daughter, a very recent convert to MJ, texted me, "Joe really lost it today and it's blowing out my speakers."

Not exactly. He kept demanding that Willie or Mika give him the number of people that Trump killed by not telling people what he knew about the virus.

I remember when the show had to put Joe on a seven second delay because he kept using profanity during his rants.

The network should have the ability to reduce the volume on Joe's microphone when he starts yelling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I FF'ed through most of this show, trying to find a segment where someone else was talking. Finally got relief with the Farmer's Dog commercial.

It's more like a bad talk radio show now, with the know-it-all host (and perky deferential sidekick) whose guests are there just to give cred to his rants.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Joe said the death toll from Covid-19 is equal to three Vietnams.

Mika told Kasie that she is going to start calling her at 4 a.m.  MIka clearly thinks Mika is her protégé.  Yes, Mika, but Kasie didn't have a famous daddy or sleep with the boss.

Steve Kornacki is on the show.  Joe told Steve that Joe Biden is underperforming with Latino voters.  

Steve said Trump is winning with non college voters in Wisconsin but losing with those who have college degrees.  Biden and Trump are statistically tied in Arizona, according to Steve.

Joe tried to tell Steve what the data should say.  Joe thinks that Biden is over 50 percent in a lot of states and this is significant. Steve says there is not as much influence from third party voters.

Mike Bloomberg has pledged to help Joe Biden.  John Meacham says there is a rich irony in Mike Bloomberg helping the Dems in Florida.  He compared it to the Enlightenment.  

• Love 2

No way that's not a Vanity Fair robe Mike's wearing . I bought the exact same one for my mother in 1985. Her tirade about Trump's rally was forced and desperate...who should attendees blame if they get sick? Themselves, dummy. Free will is still a thing. Then there's Joe and the sweater.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe doesn't want Bernie Sanders to get involved in the Biden campaign. He is worried that Sanders & AOC will scare away Latino voters in Florida.

Joe was very reluctant to discuss Sanders. Didn't Sanders do well with Latino voters in California & Nevada ?

Meacham is happy that Bloomberg will spend money to help Joe Biden.

• Love 3

Joe started his rant at 619 am. Joe is upset at people still supporting Trump. Why won't Joe's friends & relative listen to him ?

I would be afraid to answer the phone if I was one of Joe's relatives. I wouldn't want to listen to a long rant every time he called.

• LOL 5