Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Okay, so ----  Joe is away from the set for like, a month, then shows up in person yesterday, only to retreat back to the bunker today.  One freaking day is all he could manage in the studio??

I seriously ask this question:  Why can't he be in the studio every day?!  Unless there is a dire family situation going on, why the hell can't he show up for work like everybody else in America has to??  Even Ryan Seacrest managed to show up on the set of Kelly and Ryan in NYC after flying in from his other job in CA, for several months.  Joe lives just over the line in CT, or at the very most may be on Nantucket (or the Vineyard?  I forget). 

@Chloesmom, their contract expires in September?  Don't go getting my hopes up now. ?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Okay, so ----  Joe is away from the set for like, a month, then shows up in person yesterday, only to retreat back to the bunker today.  One freaking day is all he could manage in the studio??

I seriously ask this question:  Why can't he be in the studio every day?!  Unless there is a dire family situation going on, why the hell can't he show up for work like everybody else in America has to??  Even Ryan Seacrest managed to show up on the set of Kelly and Ryan in NYC after flying in from his other job in CA, for several months.  Joe lives just over the line in CT, or at the very most may be on Nantucket (or the Vineyard?  I forget). 

@Chloesmom, their contract expires in September?  Don't go getting my hopes up now. ?

Yeah, don't quote me on that but for some reason September sticks in my head.  And speaking of contracts, I fully believe Joe had it written in his contract that he gets to "work from home" and probably stuck them with the bill of building him his own studio.  I've read many articles about him strolling onto the set minutes after the broadcast has begun with a trail of technicians and make up artists trying to get him show ready.  It happened again about a week or so ago.  The show started and he popped up about two minutes later and you could see the technician trying to sneak off camera.  After reading that article that Mika posted it's clear neither of them put in even the bare minimum of prep or effort into their show.  Their staffs must be exhausted and based on the lackluster performances today I think everybody is glad it's Friday. 

• Love 1

I'm sure that Joe thinks the bunker broadcasts are so smooth that no one notices.  But I find it very distracting.  Look at the daily roster of shows -- I can't imagine any of the other MSNBC hosts not being on set four days a week.  

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Yeah, don't quote me on that but for some reason September sticks in my head.  And speaking of contracts, I fully believe Joe had it written in his contract that he gets to "work from home" and probably stuck them with the bill of building him his own studio.  I've read many articles about him strolling onto the set minutes after the broadcast has begun with a trail of technicians and make up artists trying to get him show ready.  It happened again about a week or so ago.  The show started and he popped up about two minutes later and you could see the technician trying to sneak off camera.  After reading that article that Mika posted it's clear neither of them put in even the bare minimum of prep or effort into their show.  Their staffs must be exhausted and based on the lackluster performances today I think everybody is glad it's Friday. 

4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Jacob Soberoff (spell?) has the most gorgeous head of hair.

I couldn't watch today what did they say about JacketGate??

They really didn’t talk about it. Mika said something along the lines of “I don’t care what she was wearing, and it was probably aimed at Trump anyway”

for some reason, Mika is suddenly very pro-Melania. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, cased said:

Mika is suddenly very pro-Melania. 

She lost Ivanka, she has to have some toe hold in that shit show, so she can brag about how she "reaches out to give advice and help". 

Can I suggest if anyone has a weak stomach, don't read Mika's  Morning Routine. It's basically spoiled rich brat whines how hard her life is during limo ride to and from her 3 hour a day job. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Remember the Vanity Fair photo? That was her image until about two years ago.  Sleeveless dresses, low cut, short, 4 inch heels.  

https://footwearnews.com/gallery/mika-brzezinski-young-before-after-style-photos/

Those shoe closeups are pervy! And then they do a shoe closeup on Barron's shoes! HAHA. Barron is sure tall, lanky and PALE. I think he's white enough even for his Dad to love him....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
(edited)

Only took 24 hours for the love birds get tired of each other.  I guess she had to be alone last night to write up her morning routine. 

Get up. Walk out to limo. Fall back asleep. Driver wakes me up,  go to dressing room. take shower. hair & make up staff do their best to make my 50 year old face look 35. producer hands me notes. Spend 2 hours of 3 hour job making faces and scribbling. 10 minutes slapping Joe's hand away. 5 minutes washing off cooties (men are gross). 30 minutes on phone to Tiffany's to see if they'll buy this ring back if we break up. (Craig's List?  eBay?)  Show ends. Give Stephanie Ruhle dirty look. Email Kasie Hunt, remind her to watch her step if she wants to keep that Sunday show. Tell Joe too busy to see him tonight.  Back in Limo.   Stop at Duane Reed get Xanax refilled.  Home.  Think up new reasons to fight with Joe so I don't have to see him. 

It's exhausting ladies but so worth it, knowing I make a difference in your lives. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

She lost Ivanka, she has to have some toe hold in that shit show, so she can brag about how she "reaches out to give advice and help". 

Can I suggest if anyone has a weak stomach, don't read Mika's  Morning Routine. It's basically spoiled rich brat whines how hard her life is during limo ride to and from her 3 hour a day job. 

Ahem, I believe you mean 2 1/2 hour day job.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Only took 24 hours for the love birds get tired of each other.  I guess she had to be alone last night to write up her morning routine. 

Get up. Walk out to limo. Fall back asleep. Driver wakes me up,  go to dressing room. take shower. hair & make up staff do their best to make my 50 year old face look 35. producer hands me notes. Spend 2 hours of 3 hour job making faces and scribbling. 10 minutes slapping Joe's hand away. 5 minutes washing off cooties (men are gross). 30 minutes on phone to Tiffany's to see if they'll buy this ring back if we break up. (Craig's List?  eBay?)  Show ends. Give Stephanie Ruhle dirty look. Email Kasie Hunt, remind her to watch her step if she wants to keep that Sunday show. Tell Joe too busy to see him tonight.  Back in Limo.   Stop at Duane Reed get Xanax refilled.  Home.  Think up new reasons to fight with Joe so I don't have to see him. 

It's exhausting ladies but so worth it, knowing I make a difference in your lives. 

But!

My job requires round-the-clock care.

Lol. I also thought this part was interesting...

So I make it a point to take sleep deprivation and mental health very seriously. In fact, I’ve been working with a doctor consistently on the way I channel my energy and my ability to sleep

I'd actually be interested in knowing more about this, but part of me just thinks Mika is seeing a therapist and is wording it strangely because she has her own issues regarding therapy.

I don't know if I've decided it is admirable or insane how she never once mentions her fiancé/cohost/loveofherlife in her daily routine, as if no one knows. We know you're together, you don't have to hide your strange relationship, Mika.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah I don't know what happened between her and Ivanka but man the claws are out.  They used to be so chummy (I remember that revolting charade in front of the cameras C-Span had rolling in the Trump Tower lobby when he was first elected).  She kept trying to hide her face while the whole time she made sure she was in full view of the cameras and then when she caught crap about it she started in on her "we were talking about empowering women" smack.

My guess is when Joka had their falling out with Trump, Ivanka sided with Daddy.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1
On 2018-06-21 at 7:21 AM, suomi said:

The opening entertained me. Joey was amped and loud. For some reason, during the first few minutes, he came off with "We've been engaged for 13 years" (reaction shots) "so what is wrong with me holding her hand?" Scoop said if he would be quiet and let her read the news then he could hold her hand. This caused Willie to display conflicting body language. He crossed his arms tighter across his chest and leaned back but also smiled broadly and his eyes twinkled. (more reaction shots. I couldn't tell if Heidi Przybyla was doing "Oh, cute" or "WTF"). No hand holding was observed and the moment dissolved.

I finally placed the frump Scoop is wearing again today. The Donna Reed Show, late 50s to mid 60s. "Donna Stone" was married to the dimpled Dr Stone, a pediatrician, and their teen kids were Paul Petersen and Shelley Faberes. On Donna Reed that style was classic, with her shampoo set or her flip and small pearls; on Scoop that style is frumpy. Why did Mika start dressing like a 60s housewife? It's the first day of summer, why isn't she wearing something/anything Lilly Pulitzer-ish (that isn't a scarf)?

Mika got mad at Joe for trying to hold her hand on the set

Mika is taking screen shots of her tweets and posting them to Instagram now. All these years at MSNBC and she's somehow missed the PR department's courses on proper social media presentation. No one else at MSNBC is nearly this bad and unprofessional at getting their message across. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

So I make it a point to take sleep deprivation and mental health very seriously. In fact, I’ve been working with a doctor consistently on the way I channel my energy and my ability to sleep

Channel my energy is code for "direct my anger at the appropriate person". Ability to sleep means deal with my guilt over breaking up my family. 

It's complicated doesn't even begin to describe how fucked up this has gotten.  

Again, I'm not the expert on relationships, unless it involves dogs, but isn't the period after you get engaged supposed to be like one of the happiest of your life?  What's with all the drama, girlfriend?  

• Love 5

Okay, this post was sooooooo funny! Some of it may well be true.....or close to it. Maybe off screen they have some chemistry between them, but I sure don't see it on the show. Could they simply be getting tired of each other? Or perhaps the excitement of their secret affair has worn off? Something seems "off" about them when their together. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Good list teddysmom but you have to add in something about the chickens.

6 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

And the vodka.

After choosing "your hair looks stupid" to start fight with Joe,  the chickens are driving me crazy! It was fun at first and I got attention from them that my parents never gave me, probably because I was so pretty and they were jealous, but really, would anyone notice if a couple went missing.   Note to self look up recipes re: chicken/vodka. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Ability to sleep means deal with my guilt over breaking up my family.

Ability to sleep means I'm addicted to alcohol and prescriptions because I'm an anxious, unhappy, neurotic person that will never unwind the issues coiled in my mind.

It's possible her therapy led her to change some of the surface level aspects to her life, no more sexy heels, no more sexy dresses, no more exercising, no more status quo marriage in favor of her major desire.  It's possible, but I don't think therapy has influenced her life in any meaningful way.  She's in the wrong job.  She's with the wrong man.  She doesn't have to please her parents to have self worth.  She should fucking relax and stop trying to be what she imagines others want her to be.  There.  There's your therapy, Mika.  Doctor is in. $0.05

• Love 7
On 6/22/2018 at 7:42 PM, Landsnark said:

Ability to sleep means I'm addicted to alcohol and prescriptions because I'm an anxious, unhappy, neurotic person that will never unwind the issues coiled in my mind.

It's possible her therapy led her to change some of the surface level aspects to her life, no more sexy heels, no more sexy dresses, no more exercising, no more status quo marriage in favor of her major desire.  It's possible, but I don't think therapy has influenced her life in any meaningful way.  She's in the wrong job.  She's with the wrong man.  She doesn't have to please her parents to have self worth.  She should fucking relax and stop trying to be what she imagines others want her to be.  There.  There's your therapy, Mika.  Doctor is in. $0.05

It’s been driving me nuts lately how she seems to be saying you can’t be interested in make up and hair and fashion and still be smart as hell. As if it was the flip and make up that made teen-Mika barely literate. Cosplaying as a 1950s librarian doesn’t make you smarter. 

• Love 4

Ok, the show started off rather well and I thought maybe they got sent to journalism school over the weekend but now we have devolved back into Joe's grandstanding and unfortunately for Mika she is just sitting there next to him like the Pantomime Horse.  They have become the white version of Diamond and Silk.

Oh and thanks for Barnicle's "he just isn't qualified to be President" line.  Dust off your award shelf Mike as I am sure a Pulitzer is heading your way.

• Love 4

Holy cow what is up with Bill DiBlasio's sideburns?  Another inch and we are in mutton-chop territory . . . yikes!

Maybe he grew them out in solidarity with Mika's top as we seem to be having a 60's theme today.  Groovy.

• Love 3

What is up with Mika’s bizarre defense of Melania Trump? Yes, she went to the border and asked a couple of questions, but I think her jacket made it clear she was going under duress. Why does Mika continue to demand that we “give her credit”?

And I disagree with Joe about the shunning of SHS, Miller, and others. These aren’t political differences. These are public servants who are taking our money and LYING INTO OUR FACES. Shunning and shaming is entirely appropriate.

Oh, and now we are about to get Jeremy Peters who is going to explain the Trump voters to everyone. Because they’re so hard to figure out...

• Love 10

I thought the arguments made on the SHS affair were interesting. Elise saying Should there be societal repercussions from people perpetuating the lies and enforcing the dictatorial policies vs Haas saying the civil rights act, while not mentioning politics as a reason, outlaws discrimination. I was thinking someone would mention the Supreme Court upholding the right of businesses to refuse to do business with gays if it offends. Isn’t it the same thing? Oh but that quality conversation betweeen Elise and Haas got cut off by Bloviating Joe

• Love 6

Late morning so didn't see the show until 8; was it a rerun of the 6:00?  I had to turn it off when Joe started the expected Red Cross spew.  Reading the posts here have lifted my spirits because with the news all around us it is easy to devolve into helplessness.

Is it terribly shallow of me to wonder about Elise Jordan's dress?  Maybe it was the pattern (maybe it is my tv) but it looked like she really needed a better bra.  I kind of liked Meeka's top/dress whatever.  White version of Diamond and Silk! Love it!  I would also love to hear an intelligent discussion of the Sarah Hucka**ck ouster.  While part of me loves it and think she deserves any shaming that comes her way, the other part of me is horrified that we are now returning to business owners deciding who gets to sit at the lunch counter...whether it be restaurants, retail, any kind of privately owned business.  I thought that got settled with the Civil Rights Act.  Morning Joe would be a perfect platform for this...on a day Joe is "off" or they can cut his mic from whatever bunker he is in.

• Love 4

While part of me loves it and think she deserves any shaming that comes her way, the other part of me is horrified that we are now returning to business owners deciding who gets to sit at the lunch counter...whether it be restaurants, retail, any kind of privately owned business.  I thought that got settled with the Civil Rights Act. 

Elise saying Should there be societal repercussions from people perpetuating the lies and enforcing the dictatorial policies vs Haas saying the civil rights act, while not mentioning politics as a reason, outlaws discrimination. I was thinking someone would mention the Supreme Court upholding the right of businesses to refuse to do business with gays if it offends. Isn’t it the same thing?

Political parties are not a protected class under the Civil Rights Act. And she wasn't asked to leave because of her political party. She was asked to leave because of her hateful actions.

• Love 14

I was flipping channels more than usual but I think it was an MJ talking head who likened it to the baker and the gay wedding cake scenario. The right to refuse service, plain and simple.

• Love 1
(edited)

Joe really doesn't like it when someone on the internet disagrees with him. Who looks frail here, Mr. Scarborough? His temper is so short these days. He really is, at his core, an utmost nob.

(PS: captured them in case he deletes, like he did another recent embarrassing tirade)

((PS: Claire presumably has a last name and a title. Show some respect, Joe.))

Ifv4qiH.png

3hLX04C.png

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1

And here we have it, ladies and gents. The time has (probably) come, whereby Joe Scarborough just trolled a tech savy wonk into compiling all of Joe's most ridiculous statements. 

RiMohON.png

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

((PS: Claire presumably has a last name and a title. Show some respect, Joe.))

He doesn't have to show respect as they are/were/sorta congressional colleagues ya know.  God he is such a tool, weenie and a liar because as I point out constantly he does not work 3 hours a day.  Waste of space.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

While part of me loves it and think she deserves any shaming that comes her way, the other part of me is horrified that we are now returning to business owners deciding who gets to sit at the lunch counter...whether it be restaurants, retail, any kind of privately owned business.  I thought that got settled with the Civil Rights Act.  

Resistance versus discrimination.   Kind of apples and oranges.

Morning Joe wants the populace to remain genteel and gracious and soft-spoken in the face of authoritarian rallies and policies, deliberate disinformation and attacks on human rights.   Hmmm.  Every day, reporters respectfully pose questions to Sarah Sanders in press conferences.   The reporters are professional and polite -- and Sanders shamelessly lies to them, even insults them in front of the entire nation.   Morning Joe has covered these incidents ad nauseum.   Mika decries them like she has been stabbed in the back by a person without a Y chromosome.

As acts of resistance go, asking someone to leave a restaurant seems pretty civilized.    Elise Jordan gets it.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Resistance versus discrimination.   Kind of apples and oranges.

Morning Joe wants the populace to remain genteel and gracious and soft-spoken in the face of authoritarian rallies and policies, deliberate disinformation and attacks on human rights.   Hmmm.  Every day, reporters respectfully pose questions to Sarah Sanders in press conferences.   The reporters are professional and polite -- and Sanders shamelessly lies to them, even insults them in front of the entire nation.   Morning Joe has covered these incidents ad nauseum.   Mika decries them like she has been stabbed in the back by a person with a Y chromosome.

As acts of resistance go, asking someone to leave a restaurant seems pretty civilized.    Elise Jordan gets it.

These moments really highlight how the table really needs some diversity. They spun it to the Civil Rights era, right? They didn't have a single person of color there, I'm assuming. Or a member of the LGBTQ+ community, which would have been another insight as they spun the conversation to the gay wedding cake decision. 

• Love 9

I actually would have been thrilled if Hucka**ck had been allowed to stay but had been hissed at by other patrons in the restaurant; I think this happened in an LA restaurant to one of the defense lawyers in the OJ case.  Instead, this incident was used by Joe as an excuse to bloviate and make it all about himself.  Because we know it is always always about him in some way or the other.  And yes, other voices at the table.  This whole thing could have led to such a broad discussion with a diverse panel and some newer voices.  For the love of Pete, they have THREE hours to discuss stuff...THREE!  They couldn't fit in one discussion about anything without Joe causing things to go off the rails.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I actually would have been thrilled if Hucka**ck had been allowed to stay but had been hissed at by other patrons in the restaurant; I think this happened in an LA restaurant to one of the defense lawyers in the OJ case. 

YES, this 100%!  I remember the Robert Shapiro incident and what a humiliating moment that must have been for him (getting pelted with pieces of rolls in a very high end restaurant, classic).  Not going to wander into the other area but let the general public handle their business and speak their piece (one crumb at a time).

• Love 4

Oh Meeks, Meeks, Meeks I don't know which is worse.  This original tweet and the comments that follow or the fact that your Instagram cuts off in the middle of your soliloquy (maybe it was a mercy killing):

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Eliot said:

Political parties are not a protected class under the Civil Rights Act. And she wasn't asked to leave because of her political party. She was asked to leave because of her hateful actions.

Exactly!  That's why I found this morning's tut-tutting and pearl clutching about poor Sarah missing a meal to be intellectually dishonest.  The last time I checked, lying liars who lie every damn day isn't a protected class of people.  Trying to claim this is a violation of of poor Sarah's "civil rights" is a bunch of bullshit, and it's infuriating how this shit just flies and is very seldom, if ever, challenged.  All this talk regarding civility but meanwhile Sarah is rude, dismissive, obnoxious and stank to journalists who dare to ask the right questions.  Every.  Damn.  Day.  

Asking someone to leave your establishment based on the content of her character--not her race, religion or anything else--is not a violation of civil rights.  It's shunning, which can be quite powerful.  I guess it would have been more "polite" if the waiter had taken the order and let her ass sit there for an hour and come back and boldly and loudly state that Sarah and her party had, indeed, been served their meal.  Because...lies and damned lies. 

As for Joe, Meek-a and the rest of their clueless panel, I would like more discussion regarding how Sarah's fucking boss is using the power of his office to try to ruin a private business because poor Sarah got her precious little feelings hurt.  Not to mention how both of them are using their government social media accounts to whine about a personal matter.  I will give them credit for juxtaposing this discussion about Sarah and her fambly to their talking about "Pastor" Mike Huckabee and his racist tweet about Nancy Pelosi over the weekend.  

Edited by MulletorHater
My fury caused me to misspell a word
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Considering the owner asked every employee how they felt, then asked Sarah to step outside so she wouldn't be embarrassed in front of the patrons. It was an employee that posted on social media about it, not the owner.  

Joe, again with the "super top secret spy guy who doesn't exist called me" bullshit?   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Exactly!  That's why I found this morning's tut-tutting and pearl clutching about poor Sarah missing a meal to be intellectually dishonest.  The last time I checked, lying liars who lie every damn day isn't a protected class of people.  Trying to claim this is a violation of of poor Sarah's "civil rights" is a bunch of bullshit, and it's infuriating how this shit just flies and is very seldom, if ever, challenged.  All this talk regarding civility but meanwhile Sarah is rude, dismissive, obnoxious and stank to journalists who dare to ask the right questions.  Every.  Damn.  Day.  

Asking someone to leave your establishment based on the content of her character--not her race, religion or anything else--is not a violation of civil rights.  It's shunning, which can be quite powerful.  I guess it would have been more "polite" if the waiter had taken the order and let her ass sit there for an hour and come back and boldly and loudly state that Sarah and her party had, indeed, been served their meal.  Because...lies and damned lies. 

This! Totally is the conversation they should have continued on to have this morning. They started strong but Joe already made up his simple mind to a simple conclusion and didn’t want any nuance or depth. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Asking someone to leave your establishment based on the content of her character--not her race, religion or anything else--is not a violation of civil rights.  

I'm not drawing comparisons, but it's no different than if Bernie Madoff or Charles Manson had stopped in for a bite and were turned away.  I'm not sure it was her character that resulted in SHS being declined but rather her actions.   All the harmful, hateful things she has freely and deliberately helped to facilitate.  Actions have consequences in the world outside the gates of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh Meeks, Meeks, Meeks I don't know which is worse.  This original tweet and the comments that follow or the fact that your Instagram cuts off in the middle of your soliloquy (maybe it was a mercy killing):

Sometimes I wonder how people find the nerve to perpetuate an illusion in the face of a skeptical, ain't-havin'-none-o'-your-shit audience.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

Sometimes I wonder how people find the nerve to perpetuate an illusion in the face of a skeptical, ain't-havin'-none-o'-your-shit audience.

I have spent my lifetime in a family of these people.  They never will have nor would it dawn on them to get a clue even if you present iron-clad evidence contrary to their whimsical thoughts.  You are wrong, they are right, oh for heaven's sake why are we even mulling this over in the first place? . . . sigh.

• Love 1