Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, suomi said:

The few wide shots of the panel during the cringe-worthy exchange were pure gold. At one point Joe said "You're wearing a ring. What? Did Noah Rothman give you that ring?" Noah, sitting next to Mika, put on a horrified face and displayed and pointed to his wedding ring while shaking his head "No. Uh uh.' ROFL. 

I think Mika has an underlying sense of unease re their affair, especially as to how her girls are dealing with the fallout. Joe acts like, because he put a ring on it, anything goes. I don't see them getting married. If they do, I don't see it lasting. The reasons thus far for delaying it sound weak. Their affair was conducted in secrecy until Trump out-ed them. The dynamic changes when an affair turns into a relationship because secrecy adds a certain flavor. In this case, the relationship clock was publicly re-started and Joe's version of courtship is being televised. Lucky us! These two deserve each other. Lucky them!i

I've thought this all along. It was the excitement of the affair that kept them going. The only thing that will save this relationship is she leaves the show if they get married. 

Is there no one in charge at MSNBC that can tell them to knock this shit off? 

I don't know of any other "couple" that works together on a a show other than Paul Scheer and June Diane Raphael on How Did This Get Made.  Everyone knows they're married, but it doesn't really come up during the podcast,  and they tease each other about dumb remarks or comments on the movie they're reviewing,  but Paul has NEVER talked to June the way Joe does Mika. Even when they tease, it's done with love.  June appears to be kind of flaky, and Paul & Jason just eat it up.  But never do they humiliate her.  

Joe should be ashamed of himself, but I'm sure he has no shame. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, suomi said:

The few wide shots of the panel during the cringe-worthy exchange were pure gold. At one point Joe said "You're wearing a ring. What? Did Noah Rothman give you that ring?" Noah, sitting next to Mika, put on a horrified face and displayed and pointed to his wedding ring while shaking his head "No. Uh uh.' ROFL. 

I think Mika has an underlying sense of unease re their affair, especially as to how her girls are dealing with the fallout.

I know Suomi that was one of my favorite parts.  I misheard what Joe said about the ring but now it explains poor Noah's reaction, hee!  Oakville you are spot on, it's like a few pages from an SNL script.

I just feel sorry for her daughters.  Whether they have gotten over and/or accepted this relationship antics like this have to be embarrassing and hurtful.  Sometimes I think I am being too pissy but then when you see articles posted in not one, not two but three different sites you know it was completely out of line.  They're oogey.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

JudyMichiganMom is a huge Joe and Mika fan, not

I do not like JudyMichiganMom.  We would not be friends in real life.  Actually hashtagging bot tags, claiming there's no such thing.  Wow.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, millennium said:

Scarborough was tougher on Eric Swalwell than ANY Republican representative to appear on this show in the past year.  Wish he gave even a tenth of that resistance to Rand Paul during one of his umpteen visits.

Joe was so belligerent with Swalwell. The Democrats have every right to give their rebuttal to the memo out to the public. Why should they just leave it out there undisputed just because Joe thinks the memo was a nothing burger? I thought Swalwell gave great responses to Joe's stupid attacks.

Joe thinks he is cute when he is toying with Mika. I hope he knows now by the response that episode received that he is neither clever or cute, just rude and creepy. Even the guys in the control room did not look amused.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4

Sorry, but can't feel the least bit sorry for Meek-a when Joe puts her down; like Melania, she knows EXACTLY who he is.  No one is forcing her to sit beside him, every day (well, not really EVERY).  I don't understand why she would get any sympathy on Twitter.  Or anywhere else.  This show, in some ways, is sick and dysfunctional.  (So why do I continue to watch?)  We see the same panelists, almost every day, sit and squirm when Joe goes off the rails...when Meek-a doesn't do her homework on guests...when one or the other fails to show up or is satellite-d in...these same panelists have the same look on their faces every day.  Kind of like smiling hostage videos.

I would actually respect Meek-a if she just walked away from the show; she could try and get her own thing going, get her life back, etc.  But maybe she likes her life just fine.  She has her chickens, Her Value and Joe.  Maybe she is happy.  I think Joe is crazy about her and IF they marry, it will be the last one for him.  

And regarding Meek-a putting down any pop-culture, etc.  Why can't she just stay silent?  My best friend's husband has the same attitude.  He doesn't follow sports, doesn't know anything about pop culture, etc.  His hobby is coin collecting.  Fine.  No problem with that at all.  But when anyone brings up a tv show or movie, he kind of sneers and says he doesn't know anything about any of that.  Then he gets this smug look on his face.  Like the rest of us are Philistines.  THAT is what I can't stand.  Potato Potahto.

Maybe it is time that MSNBC gave them both a time-out.  Let someone else host for a week or so; let the Gold Dust Twins take a breather.  Maybe they both will try and act professional; the show can still be smart and fun. Still have the BEST guests.  Except for Rand Paul.  He needs to join the actress on The Young and the Restless who always looks like she has a dead badger on her head.   Lauren?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, scrb said:

I wonder if Mika thinks the Clintons somehow mistreated her father during the time he served in the Clinton administration.

Did Dr Z work for the Clintons?

I know he was an early endorser of Obama in 2008.

22 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sorry, but can't feel the least bit sorry for Meek-a when Joe puts her down; like Melania, she knows EXACTLY who he is.  No one is forcing her to sit beside him, every day (well, not really EVERY).  I don't understand why she would get any sympathy on Twitter.  Or anywhere else.  This show, in some ways, is sick and dysfunctional.  (So why do I continue to watch?)  We see the same panelists, almost every day, sit and squirm when Joe goes off the rails...when Meek-a doesn't do her homework on guests...when one or the other fails to show up or is satellite-d in...these same panelists have the same look on their faces every day.  Kind of like smiling hostage videos.

I would actually respect Meek-a if she just walked away from the show; she could try and get her own thing going, get her life back, etc.  But maybe she likes her life just fine.  She has her chickens, Her Value and Joe.  Maybe she is happy.  I think Joe is crazy about her and IF they marry, it will be the last one for him.  

And regarding Meek-a putting down any pop-culture, etc.  Why can't she just stay silent?  My best friend's husband has the same attitude.  He doesn't follow sports, doesn't know anything about pop culture, etc.  His hobby is coin collecting.  Fine.  No problem with that at all.  But when anyone brings up a tv show or movie, he kind of sneers and says he doesn't know anything about any of that.  Then he gets this smug look on his face.  Like the rest of us are Philistines.  THAT is what I can't stand.  Potato Potahto.

Maybe it is time that MSNBC gave them both a time-out.  Let someone else host for a week or so; let the Gold Dust Twins take a breather.  Maybe they both will try and act professional; the show can still be smart and fun. Still have the BEST guests.  Except for Rand Paul.  He needs to join the actress on The Young and the Restless who always looks like she has a dead badger on her head.   Lauren?

I just have this gut feeling that Mika is a much more dominant factor in their off air relationship than on air. Think about it, Joe now finds himself living with all Mika's crazy animals, including a pig. I'm sure that wasn't Joe's idea. And, it is Joe that is selling his house, not Mika.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I know Suomi that was one of my favorite parts.  I misheard what Joe said about the ring but now it explains poor Noah's reaction, hee!  Oakville you are spot on, it's like a few pages from an SNL script.

I just feel sorry for her daughters.  Whether they have gotten over and/or accepted this relationship antics like this have to be embarrassing and hurtful.  Sometimes I think I am being too pissy but then when you see articles posted in not one, not two but three different sites you know it was completely out of line.  They're oogey.

I wonder how Joe's younger kids feel about stepmom Mika? It can't be easy for Mika's kids either. Based on the instagram photos, they are still close with their dad.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder how Joe's younger kids feel about stepmom Mika? It can't be easy for Mika's kids either. Based on the instagram photos, they are still close with their dad.

After one of Joe's music performances he posted (on either Instagram or Twitter, I don't remember) a note that his young son wrote to him. At the end it said something like "I hope you enjoy the rest of your life with Mika". It was really cute, but sad at the same time.

I do get the feeling that Joe's kids have always been closer to Mika than Mika's kids were to Joe, so maybe the transition has been less jarring for Joe's kids. Plus, they probably spend the majority of their time with their mother.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Joe was downright creepy in that video.  I wonder if he was on something?  Eugene looked like he was ready to get up and leave. 

Maybe he had his testosterone replacement therapy this week.    He went offensive on Swalwell, Kamala Harris, and Perlstein, and seemed to be verging on hysteria  as he ranted about regulating Facebook and Twitter.   His facial expressions seemed off today too.   We should count our blessings that he didn't climb up on his desk and urinate to mark his territory.

• Love 7
On 10/31/2016 at 7:51 AM, oakville said:

Monday Recap: Joe is wearing a Burgundy sweater. Mika is wearing a dark purple apple picking shirt. Mika was reading clips from the investigation. She looked like like pet had died. Heileman & Barnicle were stone faced. There were 10 minutes. Joe bragged that he was right about the polls tightning. Joe was arguing with Heilemann over the polls.

Cackles parrotted that this could affect down ballot races. Cackles agreed that Hillary won't win by 12 points.

Mika said Hillary shouldn't have had a private server.

The wsj reporter said the justice dept has been trying to stop the FBI agents from investigating the Foundation.

Joe is smiling a lot today. The race is not over! Barnicle is upset about the Russians tampering with the election.

Mika wants Clinton officials to come on the show.

I had to go back to find my recap from the first show after the Comey email was released. At the end of the show today, they had Lanny Davis , BFF of Hillary. He had charts & blamed the Comey letter that discovered Hillary emails on Weiner's computer. Hillary would have won the election if it was held on October 28, 2016. Mika blamed Hillary emails for costing her the election. It was quite a flashback. Joe tried to touch Mika's hands again & Mika started squealing.

I predict Joe will return to the bunker tomorrow.

• Love 3

Wednesday recap. Mika & Joe are together again. Mika has turned to religion to deal with Joe & is wearing a red scarf with a yellow cross. Joe thinks the stock market is like a Dire Straigt song. Money for nothing. Joe admitted the market went up 500 points yesterday.

Joe made fun of Trump who wants a shutdown.

Heilemann is making fun of Trump taking credit for a shutdown.

Joe said the GOP won the public opinion war last time.

KCDC gets a rock intro again:((

• Love 5

I can't think of who to thank for having John Heilemann on my TeeVee without his smug cohort Halperin, but nevertheless I am extremely grateful. 

I wish the show would just freaking stop with the Democrats are making mistakes that the mainstream foretold so that the false equivalence fairy can dance on their graves and pretend that the Democrats are as bad as the Republicans. 

• Love 6

It's amazing what a day and a hypodermic full of Thorazine can do.  Joe is much better behaved and is playing well with the group although I must say their dance card is a bit thin today so maybe they scared a few guests off after yesterdays jamboree although that guy from Time was great.

Ok goody, Rep. Meadows is going to be on.  I hope Joe shows him the same kindness as he did Rep. Swalwell yesterday.

• Love 6

Joe spoke for me at about 6:25. When he read about Trump watching hours and hours of The Gorilla Channel, he believed it for about half a minute. During those 30 seconds this thought occurred: "How come I don't have The Gorilla Channel?" We were ticked. Joe was going to call DirecTV, I was going to call Dish.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Joe spoke for me at about 6:25. When he read about Trump watching hours and hours of The Gorilla Channel, he believed it for about half a minute. During those 30 seconds this thought occurred: "How come I don't have The Gorilla Channel?" We were ticked. Joe was going to call DirecTV, I was going to call Dish.

HEE!  I laughed out loud when he brought that up.  I also enjoy watching the rolling clips of Trump begging for a shutdown.  They should intersperse those clips with O'Reilly yelling "We'll do it live!".  It'd be funny if he wasn't POTUS.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok goody, Rep. Meadows is going to be on.  I hope Joe shows him the same kindness as he did Rep. Swalwell yesterday.

I love listening to millionaire assholes discussing how "we have to tackle the entitlements spending -- Social Security, Medicare ..."

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

I love listening to millionaire assholes discussing how "we have to tackle the entitlements spending -- Social Security, Medicare ..."

Ah but they are getting better at their messaging.  They are now making the distinction that they are trying to preserve SS  benefits for those that paid into it to keep AARP of their backs.  Sorry but after that tax giveaway I have lost all appetite for most of those that are saying they are trying to help those that have less.

• Love 2

Is Meadows now an MSNBC contributor?  He's on at least once a week.  I turned to CNN which turned out to be good timing. 

They were interviewing Senator Sheldon Whitehouse who said trump will not get his feelgood nazi-like parade without budget approval. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, millennium said:

Scarborough says everybody hates them on Twitter but in real life people are hugging them in airports and thanking them (for what I do not know).   Sounds like an indirect rebuttal to yesterday's twitter flamefest.

Oh thank you for this as I was only listening with half an ear but the hugging in the airport got my attention and was wondering why he was being gratitude mobbed now.

21 minutes ago, stormy said:

Is Meadows now an MSNBC contributor?  He's on at least once a week.  I turned to CNN which turned out to be good timing. 

They were interviewing Senator Sheldon Whitehouse who said trump will not get his feelgood nazi-like parade without budget approval. 

Actually Joe had a terrific idea of honoring and celebrating soldiers from each war and basically ditch the hardware.  That gets around Trump's "honoring the troops" bs.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh thank you for this as I was only listening with half an ear but the hugging in the airport got my attention and was wondering why he was being gratitude mobbed now.

Actually Joe had a terrific idea of honoring and celebrating soldiers from each war and basically ditch the hardware.  That gets around Trump's "honoring the troops" bs.

WE have a parade of veterans in Canada on November 11th. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, stormy said:

I'm watching Cuomo roast the odious Rep. Jordan . . . bet he wishes he and his sidekick Meadows switched jobs this morning.

• Love 1

Joe suggested trump spend two hours at Arlington Cemetery laying a wreath to honor the fallen soldiers.

How about Mr. Five Deferments visits the Vietnam Wall and honor the fallen soldiers.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

And God bless your country for doing this without the awful politicizing of everything we have devolved into in this country.  And besides my insane jealously of your healthcare system, I have found another thing just now:

image.png.14267d53037674b7acc63c439ff9126d.png

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I can't describe how much the military parade idea gets under my skin.   He's like a giant spoiled toddler who thinks the tanks and missiles and soldiers are his playthings, and they all exist for no other reason than to expand his all-consuming greatness.

13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I'm watching Cuomo roast the odious Rep. Jordan . . . bet he wishes he and his sidekick Meadows switched jobs this morning.

Let me guess -- Jordan wasn't wearing a jacket.

• Love 7

Joe: If I believe Twitter, everyone hates me. 

Me:  Believe Twitter.

For someone who doesn't read notifications/comments on Twitter, Joe sure yells at everyone about shutting up and eating Cheetohs, etc.   How do you know about all the hate if you don't pay attention to it? 

70 ton tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue will destroy the street. It will cost  hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars to demo &  clean up broken concrete/asphalt, mill and re surface miles of a street) so on top of Congress not approving the budget for the parade in general, I would hope DC gets a say in their streets being destroyed at the whim of a mad man.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Joe spoke for me at about 6:25. When he read about Trump watching hours and hours of The Gorilla Channel, he believed it for about half a minute. 

I thought that it was a VCR tape they put in an old machine to play over and over for Trump, like you would do for a small child. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, jjj said:

I thought that it was a VCR tape they put in an old machine to play over and over for Trump, like you would do for a small child. 

The first mention of it that I came across was a teaser with "the gorilla channel, 17 hours a day, his face inches from the screen" quote but omitting the origin of the footage. A quick search and reliable sources fleshed it out and revealed the hoax but I believed it long enough to get testy. LOL

3 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't describe how much the military parade idea gets under my skin.   He's like a giant spoiled toddler who thinks the tanks and missiles and soldiers are his playthings, and they all exist for no other reason than to expand his all-consuming greatness.

If he's so enamored with tanks and soldiers and guns and missiles, then he should have enlisted in the military fifty years ago to see them all up close and personal -  and served his country.  Did anyone on MJ bring that up this morning?  I was too hypnotized by Meek-a's ugly scarf (which looked like a toddler's smock for finger-painting)  to pay attention.

• Love 11

I think he wants the military parade -- not because of what he saw in France, which is what he's telling people -- but because he wants to outshine Kim Jong Un's North Korea parade.  I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted the soldiers to do goose steps.

• Love 6

Unless MJ discussed the parade elsewhere in the show, all I heard was a minute about it at the end of an hour, where Joe said, "It's what you have to do to keep the audience interested in the reality show." 

Then they cut to Katy Tur for the next hour, and she said something to Mika/Joe that left them staring at the monitor-- then Katy said, "That was awkward , they didn't hear me."  Did anyone here manage to hear what Katy said?

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

At this point, the only thing to Stop the Insanity is for Kasey to change her name. Change it to something that is not able to be turned into a jingle or sound effect.  Something like "Evelyn Farkas."

I've always been partial to Anastasia Beaverhausen myself . . . :)

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, jjj said:

Unless MJ discussed the parade elsewhere in the show, all I heard was a minute about it at the end of an hour, where Joe said, "It's what you have to do to keep the audience interested in the reality show." 

Then they cut to Katy Tur for the next hour, and she said something to Mika/Joe that left them staring at the monitor-- then Katy said, "That was awkward , they didn't hear me."  Did anyone here manage to hear what Katy said?

Yes Katy told them how much she enjoyed that tech segment and the silence was so awkward as she said.  It's too bad they didn't hear it as she really paid them a lovely compliment.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

70 ton tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue will destroy the street. It will cost  hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars to demo &  clean up broken concrete/asphalt, mill and re surface miles of a street) so on top of Congress not approving the budget for the parade in general, I would hope DC gets a say in their streets being destroyed at the whim of a mad man.  

A military parade in France is almost understandable: France was occupied by Nazis in World War II.   The people have not forgotten that.   It must reassure them that they are safe, even today.  

But we are not France.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, oakville said:

The U.S. has Memorial Day and Veterans Day to honor our troops and veterans.  And the Fourth of July, for that matter.  Maybe POTUS forgot that.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, izabella said:

The U.S. has Memorial Day and Veterans Day to honor our troops and veterans.  And the Fourth of July, for that matter.  Maybe POTUS forgot that.

But we have no holiday to honor him.

Yet.

I can't with Mika's scarf.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, izabella said:

I think Trump wants to show off the US military capabilities. It's not just a parade of troops. the parade in Canada has troops but no tanks. We don't have many tanks.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think Trump wants to show off the US military capabilities. It's not just a parade of troops. the parade in Canada has troops but no tanks. We don't have many tanks.

I think Joe nailed it at the end of that hour:  it's about boosting ratings for the Trump reality show. 

• Love 3

Senator Butters Stotch is back hawking his newest President Obama did it theory.

Joe calls this the Harry Potter secret society.  Is the Order of the Phoenix what  he's always talking about?  I read the books, saw all the movies and I don't know what he's talking about.  Joe needs to watch South Park and it'll be explained to him.

• Love 1

I’m tired of Joe spouting the cliched and mostly-disproved trope about soldiers being spat on when they returned from Vietnam. 

First of all, while there might have been isolated instances of something like that happening, the giant flood of anti war saliva he keeps referencing has been proven by numerous credible sources to be a myth.

Second of all, it was more than 40 years ago. It has absolutely no resemblance to the way our troops are treated today; if anything, people now go out of their way to thank them for their service. 

I’m all for giving them better benefits and pay instead of a big parade. But Joe needs to stop lying and someone on the panel should challenge him when he blathers on so falsely.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 7

The latest ratings. Morning Joe is ranked 113 out of 150.  CNN New Day is getting better ratings in the key demographic.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-2-5-2018.html

Thursday Recap. Mika is wearing her black turtleneck that was also worn by Mie Myers on SNL when he played the role of Dieter.

Joe is in the Bunker. Given Joe's behavior recently, it's best that he stay away from Mika.

The show began with all the people who have left the White House with the Big X Buzzer.

General Kelly knew about Porter not having a security clearance. This is incompetent.

Joe was mad at Kelly. Joe forgot that he spent months saying that the Generals like Kelly & Mattis would save the US republic & prevent Trump from doing crazy things.

Mika took a few shots at Hope Hicks for being too young at 28 to be Communication Director. Mika was condescending about her working for Ivanka on a fashion line before the election. Mika forgot that she was begging for meetings at Trump Tower after the election with Ivanka.

Joe attacked Ron Johnson for his Harry Potter conspiracy theories.

The panel is upset that people watch Fox News & are letting Trump spread lies.

The new WSJ guy said Obama knew about Russia interference but didn't say anything prior to the election.

Joe is now an expert on the FISA process.

Joe is mad that 55% of the people get their news on Facebook.

Joe was mad at Google two days ago for allowing the case surrounding the mysterious death of his intern to appear  in his google search. Google refused to remove links to those websites. It makes Joe look bad.

Everyone is mad at the idea of a military parade. It's too hot for the troops.

Jeff Flake is opposed to military parades.

There was a parade in 1991 after the Gulf War victory.

• Love 5

Mika has a scratchy voice today.

Joe said parades are deeply offensive to Americans. Joe admitted he was wrong about Eisenhower having parades during the Cold War.

Barnicle is whining about only 1% serving. Hey Barnicle, why don't you ask your family members to serve?

Joe used to brag about visiting a military  recruiting office when he was in College. The military wouldn't accomodate Joe's schedule at Law School so he didn't enlist in the National Guard.

The wsj journalist  Wilbur they had on the show has been arguing with Joe on twitter. Joe trashed the WSJ editorial page for being too Pro Trump.

Joe is furious at Trump over his tweets about the success of the Apprentice.

• Love 1

Trump wants to show off the US military capabilities. It's not just a parade of troops. the parade in Canada has troops but no tanks. We don't have many tanks.

But you have warm cookies!! Cookies or tanks...choose one.

Thursday Recap. Mika is wearing her black turtleneck that was also worn by Mie Myers on SNL when he played the role of Dieter.

HEE!  Hey, I have one! they go with everything and also make you look like a Beatnik.

I have a new theory.  Trump is not serious about any of this shit--calling Dems unwilling to stand "treasonous" and the parade schtick.  He just knows that us and the media will go apeshit, and he likes to disrupt.  In addition, he likes to see himself on the news. What can we do differently??

• Love 5