Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, millennium said:

You never hear from her "This is what we should be doing now."   It's always, "This is what happened to me back then."  And why?  Perhaps because she's either unable/unwilling to look ahead, or she thinks there's more money to be made off the past.

What Hillary Clinton talks about in interviews on other programs isn't show related, so respecting the forum's guidelines,  we'll leave it here. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

It was all a big laugh for them re Trump at first, but then Trump got huffy with Joe about something during a call-in (I vaguely think it was about Lewandowski grabbing the reporter) and then they did was hammer Trump from then on. But as Oakville pointed out, in December or so they talked him up as possibly "pivoting" and about their good friends Jared and Ivanka.

But ITA with you that this does not forfeit Mika's right to be pissed about Mrs. Clinton. Her remark about bringing her book tour to Puerto Rico was dumb, but the underlying sentiment of her remark is that Mrs. Clinton's $14 million self-pity party is vile.

Hillary will be speaking in Toronto tonight as part of her book tour. It costs $3,000 Cdn for a meet & greet & photo with her. The signed copy of the book is also included. It is sold out. You can get cheaper tickets in the back of the theatre. 

4 hours ago, scrb said:

Meadows really asked him to support tax cuts for the one-percenters?

Vice had a report on gerrymandering.  Meadows represents Asheville, NC, which is a relatively moderate area.  But they gerrymandered it into two red districts and that's how Meadows got into office.

The previous rep. for Asheville was a conservative Democrat, former University of Tennessee and NFL football player Heath Schuler.

Heath Shuler - Heisman Trophy Winner - Total Bust As QB for the Washington Redskins!  ??

• Love 3

They have covered Twitter and Facebook's awesome, jaw-dropping irresponsibility 3x in the first hour.  Three times!!  Grateful not to have Mika involved in that discussion, though.  Donnie's wired on coffee (I presume it's coffee). 
Something I've always wondered, is why replace Nicole with Elise before 7am??  Nicole got to the studio at... what? 5am?  Left her hotel or corporate apartment at probably 4am?  To do 3 segments until 6:40am and then does what?  Goes back to bed?  Reads the paper until her show at 4pm?
I'm embarrassed to say I'm shocked at the length and breadth of the free flight scandal.  I can't believe that Trump and his cronies are really THAT cynical, that they acknowledge they got one over on every American hick and are high fiving each other as they steal tax money and make themselves richer.  I thought it'd happen, but just in a more nuanced way.  I think Willie is wrong, though, I think your standard moronic American will give all these people a pass.  Imagine if Obama had done this?  Shit, imagine if Hillary had done this while Secretary of State?  Heh.  The Kochs and the Mercers would have had to fund a whole new cottage industry of media and investigative propaganda firms to investigate her and bring her to trial in Congress.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

They have covered Twitter and Facebook's awesome, jaw-dropping irresponsibility 3x in the first hour.  Three times!!  Grateful not to have Mika involved in that discussion, though.  Donnie's wired on coffee (I presume it's coffee). 
Something I've always wondered, is why replace Nicole with Elise before 7am??  Nicole got to the studio at... what? 5am?  Left her hotel or corporate apartment at probably 4am?  To do 3 segments until 6:40am and then does what?  Goes back to bed?  Reads the paper until her show at 4pm?
I'm embarrassed to say I'm shocked at the length and breadth of the free flight scandal.  I can't believe that Trump and his cronies are really THAT cynical, that they acknowledge they got one over on every American hick and are high fiving each other as they steal tax money and make themselves richer.  I thought it'd happen, but just in a more nuanced way.  I think Willie is wrong, though, I think your standard moronic American will give all these people a pass.  Imagine if Obama had done this?  Shit, imagine if Hillary had done this while Secretary of State?  Heh.  The Kochs and the Mercers would have had to fund a whole new cottage industry of media and investigative propaganda firms to investigate her and bring her to trial in Congress.

The show has a different vibe when Mika & Joe are off. Willie tries to run the show in a professional manner. Donnie has his insult of President Trump ready as soon as he opens his mouth. He said that he lacks empathy & that a tv producer like him should be able to fake empathy for the people of Puerto Rico.

Cackles said that Trump voters will forgive unethical behavior from Trump but not his Cabinet. They have to stop taking private jets to meeting. Devos has her own jet, so she is exempt from the rules.

• Love 2

I'm disappointed in Nicole this morning. Defending Jared as some ultra liaison to smooth relationships with leaders in the Mid East is absurd.

I'm not buying into it. Snotty Noah and Donnie didn't either.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

I'm disappointed in Nicole this morning. Defending Jared as some ultra liaison to smooth relationships with leaders in the Mid East is absurd.

Cackles said that Jared had allies like Dina Powell, who is Mika's friend in the the NSC.

Donnie said that Jared did some shady things to save the family property at 666 5th avenue building.

I think Donnie has the inside scoops on NY Real Estate & shady deals by Trump & Jared.

Noah said that Jared's advice to Trump to fire Comey was a political disaster.

18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Gosh I hope they didn't charge an admittance fee. 

I think that Harvard pays them for their political lectures.

• Love 3

I saw some of the interview from Sunday Today with Neil DeGrasse Tyson.  He must be under the impression that Barack Obama is still President.

The only innovation this Administration is going to come up with is how to innovate tax breaks for Donald and his billionaire pals, and then how to innovate pardons when the whole lot of these fuckers get taken down.

55 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think that Harvard pays them for their political lectures

Oh the humanity! Getting paid for doing something! 

I'm disappointed in Nicole this morning. Defending Jared as some ultra liaison to smooth relationships with leaders in the Mid East is absurd

She looked pretty sleepy when they came on at 6 am. Maybe she thought "fuck it who gives a shit at this hour?"

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They have covered Twitter and Facebook's awesome, jaw-dropping irresponsibility 3x in the first hour. 

Did they show that fake Boston Antifa Group twitter post with the Russia location on it? Busted!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They should've lectured in Puerto Rico.  Because emails and Wall St.

I don't think Mika & Joe would show up in a disaster area. The last time they covered an environmental issue was in 2010 when they went to the Pensacola beaches to discus the oil spill.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I saw some of the interview from Sunday Today with Neil DeGrasse Tyson.  He must be under the impression that Barack Obama is still President.

The only innovation this Administration is going to come up with is how to innovate tax breaks for Donald and his billionaire pals, and then how to innovate pardons when the whole lot of these fuckers get taken down.

Oh the humanity! Getting paid for doing something! 

She looked pretty sleepy when they came on at 6 am. Maybe she thought "fuck it who gives a shit at this hour?"

Ha!I am surprised that Cackles would show up at 6 am to host for 1 hour.

It was nice of Willie to mention that Elise got married !

I enjoyed the interview with Democrat Congressman Moulson. He is trying to recruit more veterans to run as Democrats in Congress. He said Democrats should focus on solutions to economic & health care issues & not focus on being Anti Trump & Identity politics.

Would Cackles & Willie take over Morning Joe if Mika & Joe decide they don't want to renew their contracts in 2018 ?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

I think that Harvard pays them for their political lectures.

Other people in the Harvard political fellowship program in which Scarborough and Mika are participating include Sean Spicer (who lied to the nation on a regular basis), Corey Lewandowski (Trump shill who roughed up a female reporter during the campaign) and Chelsea Manning (who was recently disinvited after strong outcry about the inclusion of a traitor).    Not a league I'd want to play in.   

7 hours ago, stormy said:

Who was that guy Noah?   He was like son of the Church Lady.  Really annoying, especially when he started touting how Trump's tax reform plan is going to save the economy (a claim disputed by most other analysts).

• Love 4

Mike and Joe never seemed to give Hillary Clinton much respect.  Their support of Trump and constant mentioning of the email scandal may be one good reason she has not appeared on the show to promote her book.  I was very upset when I first heard about her using a private email server but after a few months became tired of the manufactured controversy especially when it was run into the ground by the media.   While Trump was on his umpteenth scandal, it was always but Hillary had a private email server. Oh no! This was repeated often on this show and also almost every other MSNBC show. Maybe they thought they were being "fair and balanced".   Sure it was a misstep on her part and I am sure we can all list the reasons it should not have happened.  What I can't understand is why MJ and the other MSNBC shows had to bring it up every single time Trump took a wrong step. In that sense, there was no equivalency.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, madfortv said:

Mike and Joe never seemed to give Hillary Clinton much respect.  Their support of Trump and constant mentioning of the email scandal may be one good reason she has not appeared on the show to promote her book.  I was very upset when I first heard about her using a private email server but after a few months became tired of the manufactured controversy especially when it was run into the ground by the media.   While Trump was on his umpteenth scandal, it was always but Hillary had a private email server. Oh no! This was repeated often on this show and also almost every other MSNBC show. Maybe they thought they were being "fair and balanced".   Sure it was a misstep on her part and I am sure we can all list the reasons it should not have happened.  What I can't understand is why MJ and the other MSNBC shows had to bring it up every single time Trump took a wrong step. In that sense, there was no equivalency.

I think Mika & Joe were upset that Hillary refused to come on their show when she launched her campaign. There was a period when Trump was on the show every day. Mika publicly appealed to Hillary to come on the show , but Hillary didn't.

Hillary's people complained to Chuck Todd to rein in Mika from criticizing Hillary about the server issue. Chuck chose not to reprimand Mika . Mika got even more upset with Hillary & kept complaining on the air. This was around the time of the Wikileaks publishing the DNC emails. The DNC was not happy with Mika.

Hillary eventually appeared a few times but Mika kept complaining about Hillary asking that certain issues not be discussed prior to the interview. 

On the other hand, Mika & Joe were very grateful that Trump kept showing up on the show, since it was an easy interview & great for ratings.

• Love 1

No recap today due to the the terrible shooting in Las Vegas. Mika is doing an excellent job from Washington covering the massacre in Las Vegas.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:31 PM, Chloesmom said:

Joe's new 'shicht" is to blast members of the GOP for their rude attacks on John McCain. He does a good job of it. He has so much material to work with. However, he doesn't really offer any good ideas on how to rebuild the party.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is doing an excellent job from Washington covering the massacre in Las Vegas.

Don't be mad, but I found Mika unnecessarily breathless and melodramatic this morning.  Switched to CNN.  Gave msnbc and Mika another chance...Switched her off again.

Her questions to correspondents were inane.  I don't find Mika to be competent or astute.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

Don't be mad, but I found Mika unnecessarily breathless and melodramatic this morning.  Switched to CNN.  Gave msnbc and Mika another chance...Switched her off again.

Her questions to correspondents were inane.  I don't find Mika to be competent or astute.

I agree 100%.   She was doing her super-serious voice and cadence, the way she does when she reads on-air editorials that she finds relevant and deep.  She should stick to being Gracie Allen.

I will probably catch grief for this but I find it repulsive when this show (and every show on cable news) devotes the entire broadcast to tragedies manufactured by lunatics, thereby glorifying the lunatics and their acts of terror and furnishing incentive for the next nutjob to raise the bar.   It was painfully clear this morning that the reliable information available at the time re: the shooting and the shooter amounted to perhaps a paragraph, yet Morning Joe milked it for three hours with Mika blurting questions for which she knew there were no answers, forcing the correspondent or panel to speculate uselessly even as they kept running the same 45-second film clip over and over and over.   There was other news to discuss this morning -- lots of it, in fact -- so what obligates them to do an entire three hours of "if it bleeds, it leads?"

(And as I write this, CNN is in its 21st hour of wall-to-wall Vegas coverage.   Who is this helping?)  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I did switch to CNN because I think they do a better job at Breaking News. I prefer breathless Mika to Mean Girl Mika that badgers guests or Mousy Mika that just mumbles at Joe a few times per hour.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I agree 100%.   She was doing her super-serious voice and cadence, the way she does when she reads on-air editorials that she finds relevant and deep.  She should stick to being Gracie Allen.

I will probably catch grief for this but I find it repulsive when this show (and every show on cable news) devotes the entire broadcast to tragedies manufactured by lunatics, thereby glorifying the lunatics and their acts of terror and furnishing incentive for the next nutjob to raise the bar.   It was painfully clear this morning that the reliable information available at the time re: the shooting and the shooter amounted to perhaps a paragraph, yet Morning Joe milked it for three hours with Mika blurting questions for which she knew there were no answers, forcing the correspondent or panel to speculate uselessly even as they kept running the same 45-second film clip over and over and over.   There was other news to discuss this morning -- lots of it, in fact -- so what obligates them to do an entire three hours of "if it bleeds, it leads?"

(And as I write this, CNN is in its 21st hour of wall-to-wall Vegas coverage.   Who is this helping?)  

I was watching CNN & someone on the panel pointed out that repeating the fact that this is the biggest massacre in US history may encourage others to try & top the 59 killed on Sunday night.

• Love 4

Tuesday Recap. Mika is wearing a dark top. Joe is wearing a suit.

Joe went on 2 scripted rants in the first hour about gun violence.

Joe said the massacre in Las Vegas is worse than what happened in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Joe used a scripted rant by Bobby Kennedy & paraphrased it.

Joe said that Trump was mean & not a good role model. Obama was better at comforting people after tragedies than Trump.

Joe is mad at the GOP for kowtowing to the NRA.

Joe is mad at gerrymandered districts that help the GOP. They stay insulated from other voters.

Joe is mad at gun violence in Chicago.

Joe is not mad at Giuliani or Bloomberg for cleaning up New York.

Joe said you don't need 30 semi automatic weapons to be a gun enthusiast.

Peggy Noonan, sleepy eyes is on the show.

Joe said he was right about background checks.

Joe is mad at assault weapons.

Joe didn't discuss his support for the NRA when he was in Congress.

• Love 5

I didn't like Joe's Bobby Kennedy moment.

I just feel like my heart is broken, whether from the mayor of San Juan's heartfelt plea for help ( while fat ass insulted her all weekend on Twitter) to the horror of Las Vegas, and we all have to sit and wonder if this creep can hold it together or by the weekend go right back to dividing the country with his NFL nonsense. 

Halperin actually confirmed it all for for me when he basically reported it this morning.

• Love 2

I can't stand Peggy Noonan....can't stand her with her breathless pontificating.  But I have to admit that she is a beautiful woman...bone structure, hair, etc.  Meeka should look that good when she is Peggy Noonan's age.  Sorry, being catty and letting my Meeka dislike shine through. Since I am at the shallow end this morning...switched to CNN and got a gander at Chris Cuomo with the tight polo shirt (it may have been a t-shirt).  Now THAT is what makes me sip my tea slowly and savor.  His hair is not as gelled down as usual, either.  I think CNN is playing on the gushing over him (the physique) that was done by a newspaper in Florida over Cuomo's appearance while covering the hurricane.  

These are stressful, horrible times we are living in and usually MJ gives me my daily dose of news/outrage/snark.  But sometimes my eyes just need a break.

• Love 4

Joe is mad at Rolling Stone for making the Boston bomber look like a rock star.

I am a bit surprised that there has been no coverage of Puerto Rico this morning.

News coverage is strange. One day, Puerto Rico is the 3 hour story. The next day its Las Vegas.

There has been no coverage of the terrorist attack in Edmonton or the Catalan referendum.

• Love 2

Joe said that his friends that support the NRA want to have as many guns as possible in their homes in case the government tries to seize them.

Joe said that the government would have drones outside peoples homes to attack them.

Brokaw showed to say he was lucky that he had a great career as a broadcaster. Brokaw said he has many old guns at home.

Willie said 50 people get shot every weekend in Chicago & they have gun control, so what can you do.

Joe went another rant about bad things happening every year since impeachment. Joe has used this rant before.

Brokaw said he remembers when Tip o Neill & Ronald Reagan would get along on major issues.

Peggy Noonan wants Trump to be nice to people in Puerto Rico. A kind word turneth wrath! She is so melodramatic!

Joe is mad at the Vegas police department for taking 72 minutes to find the Vegas shooter.

Joe is mad at Trump for asking the drivers to drive the supplies from the port to the cities in Puerto Rico.

Joe said Trump is ignorant.

Barnicle said he was lucky in his career.

Barnicle is exhausted by seeing Trump. I am exhausted about seeing Barnicle.

Joe is mad at Trump for saying that Puerto Rico is an island surrounded by water. Barnicle confirmed that Puerto Rico is an island.

Joe said that Trump should shut up. Eisenhower was better at dealing with crises.

Joe admitted he was wrong to tell Trump to shut up. Mika said he went to far.

Joe is in a bad mood today. He went to a vigil last night in New Cannan.

Peggy Noonan still keeps her eyes closed when pontificating. Wake up Peggy!

Peggy said Reagan comforted her when he was shot. Saint Ronnie could do no wrong.

I am not sure I could handle Peggy being a panelist every day. Her & Brokaw should have a Ronald Reagan retro special.

• Love 5

They didn't have to work hard.  The kid is hawt.

Erik Erickson has a lot of nerve showing up with his aw-sharks-why-are-we-so-mean act.  There was a New Yorker article about his rehabilitation effort last October. This is a guy who called Wendy Davis "Abortion Barbie", called Obama's Nobel Prize win "an affirmative action quota" and called Michelle Obama a "Marxist harpy."  He contributed to this culture he now whines about.  The act was great until it backfired him. He can go fuck a goat (something he accused David Souter of doing.) 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Is this true????  Don't you just look up to the broken out window, count floors up and rooms over?  Sheesh...

Not sure, but I believe they ultimately located the shooter when someone in an adjacent room reported the smell of gunpowder. But who knows; these initial reports are always off the mark.

Yeah, everyone was mad at Rolling Stone, to the point where they missed the whole point of the article, which quite insightfully pointed out that maybe we should be spending more time investigating how nice-looking, seemingly normal young kids get radicalized and less time just dismissing them as "evildoers."

And I'm from Boston and knew people who were at the finish line, so I get to say that. But I also agree with the otherwise annoying Northeastern professor they had on this morning who urged everyone to stop focusing on the superlatives ("worst massacre ever!" "highest body count in US history!") because when you continually categorize something as "record breaking" you're just setting up a goal for someone to try to surpass.

Peggy Noonan still keeps her eyes closed when pontificating. Wake up Peggy!

Peggy said Reagan comforted her when he was shot. Saint Ronnie could do no wrong.

The only thing I despise more than the incessant canonization of that doddering old fool is the dumb mythology the panel keeps perpetuating about the "great friendship" between Ronnie and Tip O'Neil. Sheesh. They were political opportunists who got together once or twice to get deals done, which is the way things used to work in Washington. They weren't fucking Butch and Sundance.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 13

I wonder if there is a retirement home or cable tv pundits.? I realize that the show is popular with the over 50 age group based on ratings, but bringing on pundits in their 70s is getting tiresome.

It was hilarious watching Brokaw, Barnicle & Peggy Noonan talk about the good old days when everyone in Wahington got along. St Ronnie saved America by joking around after being shot. Why are these three still on the air every day?

Shouldn't Brokaw be retired by now? He should stay on his ranch & take it easy. He was never on MSNBC as much before Brian Williams was terminated from Nightly News.

Barnicle should focus on the Red Sox.

Why is Peggy Noonan back as a "special contributor" ? Can't NBC find someone else?

Joe asked everyone to do do random acts of kindness today. He wants everyone to be nice to each other. OK Joe!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

They didn't have to work hard.  The kid is hawt.

Erik Erickson has a lot of nerve showing up with his aw-sharks-why-are-we-so-mean act.  There was a New Yorker article about his rehabilitation effort last October. This is a guy who called Wendy Davis "Abortion Barbie", called Obama's Nobel Prize win "an affirmative action quota" and called Michelle Obama a "Marxist harpy."  He contributed to this culture he now whines about.  The act was great until it backfired him. He can go fuck a goat (something he accused David Souter of doing.) 

Sex with animals is prohibited in most US states, isn't it?

Erickson had a difficult 2016 with his wife's illness & the Trump protesters outside his house.

However, these type of inflammatory pundits take a risk when they go against the Trump supporters.

Is Morning Joe the official show for Former GOP/Never Trump pundits?

• Love 2

I could only catch a little bit of it this morning.  It was shoddy.  Mika is the worst.  Mika, you simpering twit, it's fine that you table the topic of silencers.  You should, even.  But have a cogent argument lined up behind it, and be prepared to defend the holes in your thinking.  What you don't do, stupid, is just say, "bbbbut silencers!  Can you even??!  What are they thinking??!!"  Everyone dismissed her.

And I have zero problem with Brokaw and Noonan being on with the other panelists.  Their age isn't an issue, you'd presume that wisdom and perspective would be provided by sage old timers.  (I think Noonan is hyperbolic and prosaic, and is super attractive to agree with Kemper above, never noticed before).  But when they aren't wise and don't place matters into perspective is when you wonder why they're on the set.  Brokaw made no sense, and I don't really remember what he said.  Something about having guns, but his point wasn't clear.
Noonan suggested that sometimes it's best to unplug.  Turn it off.  She's right.  She also spoke for about 3 minutes about god knows what.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Is this true????  Don't you just look up to the broken out window, count floors up and rooms over?  Sheesh...

Yes, but Joe got his facts mixed up. On CNN, they said that it took 72 minutes to confirm that the killer was dead. The cops found him pretty quickly but he was shooting the hotel room door, so they called the SWAT team or back up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I could only catch a little bit of it this morning.  It was shoddy.  Mika is the worst.  Mika, you simpering twit, it's fine that you table the topic of silencers.  You should, even.  But have a cogent argument lined up behind it, and be prepared to defend the holes in your thinking.  What you don't do, stupid, is just say, "bbbbut silencers!  Can you even??!  What are they thinking??!!"  Everyone dismissed her.

And I have zero problem with Brokaw and Noonan being on with the other panelists.  Their age isn't an issue, you'd presume that wisdom and perspective would be provided by sage old timers.  (I think Noonan is hyperbolic and prosaic, and is super attractive to agree with Kemper above, never noticed before).  But when they aren't wise and don't place matters into perspective is when you wonder why they're on the set.  Brokaw made no sense, and I don't really remember what he said.  Something about having guns, but his point wasn't clear.
Noonan suggested that sometimes it's best to unplug.  Turn it off.  She's right.  She also spoke for about 3 minutes about god knows what.

The problem with Brokaw is that he is brought on the show as a "Sage of Washington" sort of like Walter Cronkite.

He said it was OK to have guns & old machine guns like he has on his ranch but you shouldn't use them to massacre people, which is pretty obvious.

That doesn't bring anything new to the discussion.

Peggy Noonan is stuck in her glory days of the Reagan administration. Her theory is that if Saint  Ronnie were President, he would say things to make people feel better.

Barnicle still he thinks he is defending the poor working class Catholics of South Boston who have bills all over the kitchen table that need to be paid. He is a member of the Martha's Vineyard elite.

The late Dr Z was older than Noonan , Brokaw & Barnicle but he always brought interesting historical perspective when discussing foreign policy.

Joe didn't bother to explain today why he voted in 1996 to repeal the ban on semi automatic weapons.

It's easy for Joe to mouth off in a NY studio but I think there are members of Congress that are afraid of the NRA & pro gun voters.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The problem with Brokaw is that he is brought on the show as a "Sage of Washington" sort of like Walter Cronkite.

He said it was OK to have guns & old machine guns like he has on his ranch but you shouldn't use them to massacre people, which is pretty obvious.

That doesn't bring anything new to the discussion.

Peggy Noonan is stuck in her glory days of the Reagan administration. Her theory is that if Saint  Ronnie were President, he would say things to make people feel better.

Barnicle still he thinks he is defending the poor working class Catholics of South Boston who have bills all over the kitchen table that need to be paid. He is a member of the Martha's Vineyard elite.

@oakville you are spot on with your descriptions of Brokaw, Noonan and Barnicle!

Speaking of Brokaw, even when he was younger and a news anchor on NBC, I used to think that he had some sort of speech defect because he always sounded like he was gargling when he was speaking.  It's gotten even worse over the years. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Speaking of Brokaw, even when he was younger and a news anchor on NBC, I used to think that he had some sort of speech defect because he always sounded like he was gargling when he was speaking.  It's gotten even worse over the years. 

OK, this gave me a flashback to some comedian back in the day who did an impersonation of Tom Brokaw trying to pronounce Jim Miklaszewki. Gargling is a good description. It made me laugh at the time.

I have no idea who the comedian was.

I wonder if there will be a discussion tomorrow of 45 tossing paper towels to the good people of San Juan. You can't make this stuff up.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I wonder if there will be a discussion tomorrow of 45 tossing paper towels to the good people of San Juan. You can't make this stuff up.

Sweet jesus, I've never seen anything like that before in my life.
Do you really wonder?  They are going to hit him with napalm.  Trump's a pig.  In a blink, he was condescending to the governor, then said they are costing the US too much, then said Katrina was a real tragedy.  All the while Melania's prisoner eyes were both pleading for help and looking for escape routes.
"Aayy, you want some paper towels ovah der?  All right here you go!  This is fun, are we having fun, all right!  You're welcome."  Let's get oudda heah."

• Love 9

I didn't like Joe's Bobby Kennedy moment.

This seems like Joe's new thing.  The camera zooms in as Joe stares right into it and he begins his soliloquy.   Last week it was the John McCain lecture, today the Bobby Kennedy moment.   His ego is way off the charts these days.  

• Love 4