Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Please, please please can we stop re-hashing what HIllary did right or wrong during the campaign?  Her fails and successes.  I am already sick to death of the book and the book-talk.  All I want to do is snark on Joe and Meek-a...and all the hangers-on that appear with them.  Does Mark Halperin ever smile? Ever not look like a complete douche?  See how easy that is?  Pivot.  

We all have our opinions on Hillary and the election.  It is just that when we let our personal feelings (that are so strong and emotional) come through when talking about her, it divides us and can create hard feelings.   It makes it uncomfortable to keep this a friendly place where we want to come and snark.  And face it, there is SO much to snark on every morning, every single minute of this show.  As hard as it is to get up some mornings, I look forward to tuning in to see what side of the aisle Joe will be on today.  Because it is fluid and depends on who he picks to shout about.  Lately he has been dependable in his Trump bashing (except for yesterday).

I probably sound like an old fuddy-duddy (THAT expression should give one an idea of my age)...and I certainly don't mean to sound like I am scolding.  I just love to come here and read all the descriptive phrases for Joe, Meek-a, my crush Clint Watts, and the entire dysfunctional crew.  I also probably sound like a person who used to get paid to shush people (Librarian).  Or one of the cranks who used to sit in the balcony on The Muppets.  Good times.

Sorry, the MyAimIsTrue scold came in as I was typing my reply.  Didn't see it until after I posted.

This show is hilarious to watch at times. The clip that Suomi provided yesterday from 2009 shows how the show has changed. I enjoyed the extended discussions with Dr Z about Israel.

Mika & Joe's personal relationship with Trump has destabilized the show since 2015.

Halperin looked like he had an upset stomach on the show today.

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

For those that have been longing for Morning Joe or Scarborough autographed mugs, this is the link for you:

https://www.toneden.io/scarborough-music/post/signed-limited-edition-scarborough-coffee-mug

eta:  sorry I forgot to note these are limited edition mugs . . . . snark.

I have a Morning Joe mug. I met Barnicle the last time I visited NYC in 2011.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

All I want to do is snark on Joe and Meek-a...and all the hangers-on that appear with them.  Does Mark Halperin ever smile? Ever not look like a complete douche?  See how easy that is?  Pivot.  

Like Ted Cruz, Mark Halperin has a punchable face. Ted's face is angular; Mark's face is soft and doughy but still very punchable. Invitingly so. My fist, it itches. More John Heileman, please! (Not one bit punchable, IMO)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I have a Morning Joe mug. I met Barnicle the last time I visited NYC in 2011.

We will try not to hold this against you but we're not making any promises.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

For those that have been longing for Morning Joe or Scarborough autographed mugs, this is the link for you:

https://www.toneden.io/scarborough-music/post/signed-limited-edition-scarborough-coffee-mug

eta:  sorry I forgot to note these are limited edition mugs . . . . snark.

It appears that the Limited Edition mug is Joe-with-guitar. When his music career takes off he will drop us like a dollar watch. Is Mika easing us into the transition? She rarely shows up anymore, which evidently is OK if you're (sleeping) with the band.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Like Ted Cruz, Mark Halperin has a punchable face. Ted's face is angular; Mark's face is soft and doughy but still very punchable. Invitingly so. My fist, it itches. More John Heileman, please! (Not one bit punchable, IMO)

If you watch their The Circus show on Showtime, a lot of the episodes feature them eating at swanky restaurants in NY, Washington, etc.

They feature kitchen shots of fancy dishes being prepared.  

Celebrity journalists get some perks.  I guess after they wrote that hit book and getting their own shows, they got some money to spend.

A lot of the scenes on that show features them in Congress waiting for well-known politicians who are on their way to some event and they will stop for a second to film a photo op, say a couple of things or answer questions.  Heilman and Halperin are definitely part of the photo op.

I don't know if they would be very critical of politicians if they still want that "access."  For all the efforts by Trump and the Republicans in general have made to make the "liberal mainstream media" villains, many of them are still chummy with big name journalists like Heilman and Halperin.

I guess now that they are on all these shows as well as having their own shows, I wonder how much legwork they will do to write more books.  Would they bother embedding themselves with a campaign and working the grueling travel schedule for the better part of a year to write more books?  I'm sure they would if they get a big enough advance.  But they could keep their names in the spotlight and do their shows or just make occasional appearances on shows like MJ.

That's the thing to question about the mainstream media, not the supposed liberal bias but how cozy and lucrative it is for those TV personality reporters with big profiles on the big channels.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, scrb said:

If you watch their The Circus show on Showtime, a lot of the episodes feature them eating at swanky restaurants in NY, Washington, etc.

They feature kitchen shots of fancy dishes being prepared.  

Celebrity journalists get some perks.  I guess after they wrote that hit book and getting their own shows, they got some money to spend.

A lot of the scenes on that show features them in Congress waiting for well-known politicians who are on their way to some event and they will stop for a second to film a photo op, say a couple of things or answer questions.  Heilman and Halperin are definitely part of the photo op.

I don't know if they would be very critical of politicians if they still want that "access."  For all the efforts by Trump and the Republicans in general have made to make the "liberal mainstream media" villains, many of them are still chummy with big name journalists like Heilman and Halperin.

I guess now that they are on all these shows as well as having their own shows, I wonder how much legwork they will do to write more books.  Would they bother embedding themselves with a campaign and working the grueling travel schedule for the better part of a year to write more books?  I'm sure they would if they get a big enough advance.  But they could keep their names in the spotlight and do their shows or just make occasional appearances on shows like MJ.

That's the thing to question about the mainstream media, not the supposed liberal bias but how cozy and lucrative it is for those TV personality reporters with big profiles on the big channels.

I am looking forward to the next Game Change book from Heileman & Halperin. The first 2 books were sympathetic to the President Obama's campaign.

I wonder if this one will be sympathetic to Trump or will it be , How could Hillary lose to Trump?

The first book did have a tine of focusing on how Hillary lost to Obama

• Love 1

Thursday Recap. Joe is wearing his navy blue sweater with a red polo shirt underneath. He is still at the Brezinski Maine Compound. I keep hoping that Mika will stumble into the background wearing her pyjamas.

There is a new panelist, Ms MonneyPiece or MoneyPenny.

Joe wonders if Trump is a political schizophrenic. One day he reads the teleprompter and acts Presidential. The next day, he goes off script & rants at those rallies in Phoenix.

Joe loves Paul Ryan. He is a gifted GOP talent. OK Joe! Joe would support him for President.

Donnie Deutsh came on with a bow tie. He was surprised to be in NYC, but got booed in the Hamptons for supporting Trump's Fire & Fury about North Korea.

Donnie tried to be serious & called Trump a sociopath.

Joe got mad at Donnie & told him to stop being a psychiatrist. Joe had said something similar 1 segment earlier.

Willie said Trump will not pivot.

Joe said Trump will respond to blunt force.

Joe said Trump doesn't have as much support in the GOP as he thinks he does.

Joe is mad at Trump for focusing on his 35% base.

Joe is mad at Trump for not listening to him.

Joe's hair is nicely combed today.

• Love 4

At 6 56 am, someone walked onto the balcony behind Joe. It looked like a man!.

Joe was happy that local sunday school teachers are running for the Democrats in Illinois for Congress. Joe wants people who are culturally connected to the district. Was that a cheap shot at Ossof?

Joe mocked ESPN for getting rid of a an Asian announcer who was supposed to broadcast a football game in Virginia with the name Robert Lee. He was not named after the Confederate General.

Donnie said that they are looking for Ulysses Grant to call the football game.

Joe said it is a politically correctness run amock.

Willie said he has family members who work at ESPN, but they didn't participate in this meeting to ban Lee.

I love the clips of Crazy Trump mixed with teleprompter Trump.

Antifa!!!

These Trump rallies are wild! How is it possible to change personalities so quickly/

Katty Kay is back! Halperin can't figure out what Trump is doing.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe mocked ESPN for getting rid of a an Asian announcer who was supposed to broadcast a football game in Virginia with the name Robert Lee. He was not named after the Confederate General.

I don't give two shits about football and it pains me to agree with Joe but he's right about this as ESPN is being ridiculous.

• Love 6

ESPN's thinking was to neatly avoid the ceaseless memes and mockery and dirt bag internet humor they'd be faced with because Robert Lee was doing the game in Charlottesville.  They weighed having to deal with that garbage and the following questioning vs just moving the dude to another game and sidestepping it all in total.  And of course it backfired.  Most of the loudest criticizing ESPN would be the loudest to wonder why ESPN didn't do something at the outset.  The chattering class chatters.

The opening montage of Trump being a howling idiot on consecutive days was as funny as it is sad.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

ESPN's thinking was to neatly avoid the ceaseless memes and mockery and dirt bag internet humor they'd be faced with because Robert Lee was doing the game in Charlottesville.  They weighed having to deal with that garbage and the following questioning vs just moving the dude to another game and sidestepping it all in total.  And of course it backfired.  Most of the loudest criticizing ESPN would be the loudest to wonder why ESPN didn't do something at the outset.  The chattering class chatters.

The opening montage of Trump being a howling idiot on consecutive days was as funny as it is sad.

I am surprised that Asian Americans aren't upset at Lee being banned from broadcasting at ESPN. Lee is a common name for Chinese people.

• Love 2

Joe basically put Donnie in timeout for playing amateur psychiatrist.  Why Joe?   Donnie was speaking truth to power, as you like to say.

trump is a whackadoodle.  He's a scary, unbalanced, nut job that no one can trust.  Robotic teleprompter speeches that you showed Monday and again today do not change the facts of his true self you covered yesterday.

• Love 8

He wasn't banned.  They just assigned him to another game.  ESPN has 100s of game day analysts. 
It's the type of throwaway decision that is actually a sound idea, but due to ESPN's poor handling of PR, and the current culture where any perception of PC sends the masses into a furor, it becomes a major issue and "proof" of "what's wrong these days."

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I'll be getting one of those mugs....when monkeys fly outta my butt. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

He wasn't banned.  They just assigned him to another game.  ESPN has 100s of game day analysts. 
It's the type of throwaway decision that is actually a sound idea, but due to ESPN's poor handling of PR, and the current culture where any perception of PC sends the masses into a furor, it becomes a major issue and "proof" of "what's wrong these days."

If they had just moved him to a different game and not said anything, no one would have ever known, Lee wouldn't have had any problems (if that was even the reason), etc.   And what exactly did they think was going to happen? It's not like every time he speaks, he announces his name. I can watch an entire FB game and not have the slightest idea who's in the booth, unless it's a nationally broadcast game and they show Phil Simms or Jim Nantz. (That's somebody, right?) :)But as usual, ESPN is the Trump of broadcasting.  They could fuck up a two car funeral procession.  Like Willie said, is there really that big an audience for a UVA/William & Mary football game?  Tina Fey, Jon Stewart and Glenn Close aren't getting together for a kegger and afternoon of corn hole & football. 

Joe basically put Donnie in timeout for playing amateur psychiatrist.  Why Joe?   Donnie was speaking truth to power, as you like to say.

trump is a whackadoodle.  He's a scary, unbalanced, nut job that no one can trust.  Robotic teleprompter speeches that you showed Monday and again today do not change the facts of his true self you covered yesterday.

I agree but I wonder if the network tells them not to get into declaring what mental disorders they think Trump may be suffering from. Legal reasons maybe?  

Personally I'd put Donny in the corner for coming to the show looking like Tucker Carlson's douchier brother, Fucker. 

• Love 8

Trump was watching MJ this morning.  He must be sad Mika wasn't there. 

He's tweeting  "Fake News is complaining about my different types of back to back speeches".   " Phoenix was "enthusiastic dynamic & fun". 

That tweet has been deleted. 

FUN!!! 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

and not said anything, no one would have ever known

Yep.  But it's a case of "how will anyone know how smart we are if we don't tell them?"  No one would have known what a clever move was made, so...
And they would have been mocked if they hadn't made the change.  We mock Morning Joe every single day, and it's a tiny tiny TV show.  ESPN is probably 1000x bigger than Morning Joe and sports media is 20x bigger than political news, so the memes and 2 news cycles of second-guessing and taunts and ridicule would have made it into every sports radio show, every sports web site, throughout FB and Twitter, and self-referenced on ESPN's own pundit shows.
I suppose what ESPN did was worse, because it spilled into Morning Joe as cause for mockery and tut-tutting.  And it furthers the political notion that we're a nation of snowflakes and snowflakery, and nothing is more important these days than the right to be offensive and mock those who are offended.  The worst thing you can be is a social justice warrior and now it's another layer on that pile that adds to why one side hates the other.  When in actuality, the truth of it all was probably, "I see Robert Lee is at UVA to open the season.  Ugh.  That woman was just killed over the statue, move him to the Youngstown State/WVU opener." "OK boss"  And then the enterprising young staffer lets the media know how well ESPN thought around the corner on this one, and the world shits on the move cuz it's easy.  Internet!
The climate today is it's worse to be sensitive than it is to be stupid.  Yay Trump.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

At 6 56 am, someone walked onto the balcony behind Joe. It looked like a man!.

Before the man walked across the balcony. I saw someone wearing a blue jacket walking back and forth behind the balcony. This person could have been Mika, but I couldn't tell. 

There were also some dogs walking back and forth for a while. 

• Love 3

This was about as forceful as I've ever seen anyone be on this show about the reality of the Trump presidency.

Everyone keeps floundering around, talking about how "he's never going to pass his agenda," and "he needs to stabilize his governing philosophy," or whatever. They're still looking at him through the lens of politics as usual.

There is no "agenda." There is no "governing philosophy." There is no "presidency." It's just a stupid, incurious, narcissistic blowhard stumbling about the world, ranting and raving about whatever the hell is pissing him off at any given moment. He feeds on the adulation of his perpetually aggrieved, rage-obsessed "base" and just gets worse and worse as time goes on.

I'm sick of this show trying to explain him (or his followers) or rationalize their behavior. I'm tired of Barnicle whining about how "people are hurting" and Joe blathering about "politicians don't represent the community" and Mika shaking her head and Halperin trying to fit this debacle into the mold of "how Washington has always worked." This country is in a fucking crisis and something needs to happen because, honestly, I am exhausted.

I give up, Trump! I'm tired of winning! Please, please, making the winning stop.

• Love 16

Mark Halperin has a punchable face

When he said "Paul Ryan has been as forceful as anyone in condemning Trump" I ran in the room to yell at him thru the tv, but Joe was doing it for me.

Why is Halperin even still a thing?  What does he add to any conversation?   Is there really that big a douchebag hole that needs to be filled? 

So I'm thinking to myself this morning "Trump in Phoenix IS Trump". That's his real personality. You can tell when he's reading a speech from a teleprompter it's not how he feels, he struggles with the text, it's very unnatural.

Then Willie says the same thing, like just as the thought bubble is above my head. "What we saw in Phoenix is the real Trump". 

JFC what don't people get? Nothing is going to get accomplished as long as he is there, and with the GPS Fusion stuff coming out about the dossier, which is going to turn up the investigation heat to 11, the meltdowns will be more and more frequent. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

It looks like anyone named Lee will be prohibited from broadcasting in Virginia. 

1 hour ago, cased said:

Before the man walked across the balcony. I saw someone wearing a blue jacket walking back and forth behind the balcony. This person could have been Mika, but I couldn't tell. 

There were also some dogs walking back and forth for a while. 

There is an article on www.mediaite.com about the dogs on Morning Joe today. The author believes joe is at Mika's house in westchester ny. That can't be right

• Love 2

Personally I'd put Donny in the corner for coming to the show looking like Tucker Carlson's douchier brother, Fucker. 

Yeah what was up for that? It was like an homage to one of Jerry Lewis's geek characters.

As for pivoting, functioning as a presidency, whether their beloved John Kelly can straighten Trump out etc that this show wrings its hands over - they would be well-advised to listen to Katy Tur, who covered Trump's campaign last year, when she told the midday show that Trump ONLY wanted the job for adoring crowds like a few nights ago. He is interested in nothing else. To the extent he ever advocates for anything, it's because he imagines in his head showing up at a rally and bloviating about it to the cheers of his fan base.

• Love 6

Carol Lee was allowed to speak for 30 seconds. She had good and probably truthful opinions about Trump's obsession with polls. Which currently have him screwed.

I'm bored with Richard Haas.

• Love 2

I felt sorry for Donny when Scarborough immediately shut down his prepared comments about Trump fitting the definition of sociopath.   I suspect Donny was going to quote the part that says a sociopath presents a different personality depending on the audience, always telling people what they want to hear (directly related to the discussion of "A Tale of Two Trumps").    Scarborough probably worked all night on that little GE bit he did and the sociopath observation wouldn't have given him the right opening.   Face it, Donny, you're his straight man. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Carol Lee was allowed to speak for 30 seconds. She had good and probably truthful opinions about Trump's obsession with polls. Which currently have him screwed.

I'm bored with Richard Haas.

I noticed that. Lee seems to be reasonable.

i saw Haas on the CNN nineties show a few weeks ago. His hair was very messy then. He looked like a hippie working for HW Bush.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

There is an article on www.mediaite.com about the dogs on Morning Joe today. The author believes joe is at Mika's house in westchester ny. That can't be right

Yes, I am positive that they are in Maine. Joe is doing a benefit show in Maine tomorrow, which probably explains why they went back up there this week, after being there last week and then returning to NY.

• Love 2

Hah, when I just read that Joe is doing a benefit, my first thought was, I don't know who those people are, but haven't they suffered enough?

Sorry, Joe's band just reminds me of the backyard concert scene in "Sling Blade."

• Love 4

Sorry, Joe's band just reminds me of the backyard concert scene in "Sling Blade."

Except that WAS Dwight Yoakam just screwing around. An actual talented guitarist and singer.  

Who's Carl in this scenario? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

Who was it this morning that said Nancy Pelosi would work with mr bigshot negotiator to raise the debt ceiling? 

I know the Dems aren't dumb or stupid enough to let the government shut down, but I still hope they just say no.

I want the republicans to have to be stuck in the shit with fatso.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2017 at 6:11 AM, oakville said:

Joe is mad that Trump went off script at the Phoenix rally.

For all that Joe thinks he is so politically astute, he apparently hasn't figured out that Trump didn't go off script at all.  That WAS his script, the same script he's been using since the campaign, just including the latest insanity. 

Instead of behaving as if his audience can't remember anything past yesterday, I think it's Joe who can't remember anything past yesterday.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, izabella said:

For all that Joe thinks he is so politically astute, he apparently hasn't figured out that Trump didn't go off script at all.  That WAS his script, the same script he's been using since the campaign, just including the latest insanity. 

Instead of behaving as if his audience can't remember anything past yesterday, I think it's Joe who can't remember anything past yesterday.

Excellent point IZABELLA !. I watched part of the Trump rally in Phoenix. He uses the same rant at every rally. !

I get the feeling that the panel including Joe keeps hoping that Trump will pivot to becoming a normal sounding President.

I can't believe that the USA went from having a very eloquent & thoughtful President( Obama)  to a reincarnation of Archie Bunker.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

But what of the chickens??

I did not see any chickens . I am re watching Joe at 7 am with the dogs wagging their tales in the background. This is hilarious.

I have not seen any chickens. I love dogs! I have 2 Pugs.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

Whoever this new female panelist is, she lost me the minute she opened her mouth: "Trump will raise the debt ceiling because he knows the markets won't react well."

Has she not been watching this bumbling orange twitwit for the past eight months? HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. 

And Noah Rothman just needs to leave my television right now, thank you.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 9

That Turley interview was a little aggravating.  He's speaking in the present tense about not lowering the standard for impeachment, and then pretty much admits that the standard was lowered almost 150 years ago!

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Willie is Home Alone. Mika & Joe are off. Susan Ferrico? stole one of Mika's sleeveless red dresses.

Gov Dean thinks that Democrats can win a Senate Seat in Alabama.

The panel is upset that Trump has not filled hundreds of key posts in the administration.

The panel is upset that Trump does not get along with Mitch & Paul.

Purple Disco Halperin Shirt is nice.

Turley does not want Trump impeached.

Dean said Trump is erratic. Can we use the 25th amendment to have him impaired. They called it Huey.

• Love 3

When will this show (and all the other political/news shows) stop bringing on some of these tired old hacks?  Howard Dean? I hate to say this because I loved him back-in-the-day...but he is well past his sell-by date.  It is early so I can't name others off the top of my head.  As a life-long Democrat, it tries my patience and makes me sad that we keep seeing the same people we have been seeing for the last 20 years. Saying exactly the same things.  New Gingrich?  When was he last relevant?    

One of the best things (the only thing) about current politics is that we are getting to see some new faces...mainly from print and online media.  But the party mouthpieces never seem to change.  They haven't been relevant in years but for some reason they keep their well-paying consultant gigs on tv and they always land with their frowning/smug/teeth-whitened/creeply smiling faces on my tv in hi-def.  Geez.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Kemper said:

When will this show (and all the other political/news shows) stop bringing on some of these tired old hacks?  Howard Dean? I hate to say this because I loved him back-in-the-day...but he is well past his sell-by date.  It is early so I can't name others off the top of my head.  As a life-long Democrat, it tries my patience and makes me sad that we keep seeing the same people we have been seeing for the last 20 years. Saying exactly the same things.  New Gingrich?  When was he last relevant?    

One of the best things (the only thing) about current politics is that we are getting to see some new faces...mainly from print and online media.  But the party mouthpieces never seem to change.  They haven't been relevant in years but for some reason they keep their well-paying consultant gigs on tv and they always land with their frowning/smug/teeth-whitened/creeply smiling faces on my tv in hi-def.  Geez.  

The show has become too focused on Washington politics. They used to do road trips to different cities to discuss education or crime. One summer they did a few shows in Pensacola. It is becoming tiring to focus on Trump 3 hours a day.

• Love 4

Whoever this new female panelist is, she lost me the minute she opened her mouth: "Trump will raise the debt ceiling because he knows the markets won't react well."

Has she not been watching this bumbling orange twitwit for the past eight months? HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. 

Yeah, I thought she was "running on a lean mixture" as George Carlin would say. She was identified as a "Republican strategist" but I've never heard of her. I guess Kristin Soltis Anderson is on vacation so they had a "vapid female GOP type" vacancy.

I hate to use the term "snowflake" because it has been coopted by the right to describe anyone who disagrees with them, but boy was that woman who wrote the NYT piece on Obama approaching snowflake status. The helplessness and whininess and frankly the sense of entitlement that Obama OWES us anything and we can't do anything without him - the man went through the wringer for 8 years, had his family attacked, his citizenship questioned....he can take as much time off as he wants. But thankfully I *do* think she is not representative of her generation, look at the young people in BLM and the ones who showed up in Boston and Charlottesville and marched in the women's march. I only wish Howard Dean had said to her what he said after the segment was done.

And thank goodness Heilman (and Sharpton) were there to shut down the beatification of Gary Cohn for his weak and late comments on Charlottesville. The way the rest of them were carrying on about his "bravery" was disgusting.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I hate to use the term "snowflake" because it has been coopted by the right to describe anyone who disagrees with them, but boy was that woman who wrote the NYT piece on Obama approaching snowflake status. The helplessness and whininess and frankly the sense of entitlement that Obama OWES us anything and we can't do anything without him - the man went through the wringer for 8 years, had his family attacked, his citizenship questioned....he can take as much time off as he wants. But thankfully I *do* think she is not representative of her generation, look at the young people in BLM and the ones who showed up in Boston and Charlottesville and marched in the women's march. I only wish Howard Dean had said to her what he said after the segment was done.

She was on Hardball last night, I was kinda half paying attention but Chris and the other guest were just dumbfounded by her remarks.  I swear at the end the other guest just sat there with his mouth open like "What the fuck is going on here?" 

Sure I have fantasies that Obama comes out and says "okay enough of the bullshit, I'm coming back and straightening this shit out" but unfortunately that's not how our gov't works. 

If you miss Obama so much, get out there and work to get Ds elected locally, and show up to rallies, town halls, instead of writing whiny op eds. 

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She was on Hardball last night, I was kinda half paying attention but Chris and the other guest were just dumbfounded by her remarks.  I swear at the end the other guest just sat there with his mouth open like "What the fuck is going on here?" 

Sure I have fantasies that Obama comes out and says "okay enough of the bullshit, I'm coming back and straightening this shit out" but unfortunately that's not how our gov't works. 

If you miss Obama so much, get out there and work to get Ds elected locally, and show up to rallies, town halls, instead of writing whiny op eds. 

I missed most of that segment and it sounds like I should be happy about that. Leave Obama the fuck alone. Work at the grass roots, the way Republicans have been for YEARS. There's a reason they own the House and the Senate right now, and while I disagree with Joe about most things, he is right in one respect: The people who are winning House races right now are the ones who have been laying the groundwork in their communities, school boards, local and state legislatures for YEARS. No one, not even Obama, is going to be able to swoop in, make soaring speeches, and turn those folks around.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Howard Dean? I hate to say this because I loved him back-in-the-day...but he is well past his sell-by date.

I still love seeing Dr. Howard on my TV screen.  I admired what he did when he was chair of the DNC when he created the 50-state strategy that gave the Democrats back the House and the Senate in 2006.  It was the Clintonistas personified by Debbie Wasserman Schultz who poo-poo'd that strategy, went back to only running seriously in the bluest of blue areas, and viola, we're back to where we were before the remarkable Dr. Dean worked his "magic."  I can still hear "I'm from the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party" and that scream ringing in my ears.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I hate to use the term "snowflake" because it has been coopted by the right to describe anyone who disagrees with them, but boy was that woman who wrote the NYT piece on Obama approaching snowflake status.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I'm curious, does anyone know who this woman is?

Her name is Caroline Randall Williams. She actually has a Wikipedia entry (she's a poet and has written cookbooks). She has an impressive pedigree and comes from an accomplished family. I could tell she didn't have a background in politics or law because she used the phrase "I've heard talk of pulling out the 25th Amendment to impeach Trump" as if the 25th amendment was something lying around in a drawer.

• Love 8