Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

My wife was just riffing on making fun of Mika.  Mika's said nothing today, only made her weird faces.

Where is her righteous outrage at the lies and clowning of those "candidates" equivalent to her fury towards Hillary's comments from Tuesday?

• Love 3
The sad thing is that there are millions of people out there who watched this debate and will believe the lies because they don't have the time or resources to fact-check everything that was said.

Lazy stupid people have been a huge part of the American public.  The Republicans count on them!

• Love 7

One thing I can't believe not being discussed last night is Chris Christie's willingness to jump into the "fantasy football" question and insult it because Al Qaeda and ISIS are "attacking us."  Because ya see, a President can't have more than 1 thing on his plate at all times and all to suggest otherwise is libtard mainstream media liberal bias.

It's interesting Christie jumped in, though, because he's governor of a state where Atlantic City resides.  Online gambling is killing Atlantic City.  It may already be irreversibly damaged due to the shifting economies of the gambling industry.  It may soon be a ghost town.  "Fantasy football," as he so glibly referred to sports betting, is a nascent $10 billion industry that is experiencing "hockey stick" growth and has the buy-in of all major sports, corporations, Wall St entities, and celebrity financiers.  $10+ billion this year alone is a GIANT sum of money.  So it's odd he's ignorant of this, unless, of course, they are donors.

He comes off as feckless, and angry for sound bytes' sake, to anyone who took one moment to think about what is at issue.  $10 billion would help finance a whole shit ton of jobs, economic growth, and debt reduction.  Which, I had thought, are the cornerstones of the Republican platform from time immemorial.

So he's either stupid or deceitful, and in either case, he's a bloviating sack of shit.
Odd the governor of Atlantic City has 0 strategic thoughts on what to do regarding online gambling and is insulted by the question.

• Love 3
It's interesting Christie jumped in, though, because he's governor of a state where Atlantic City resides.  Online gambling is killing Atlantic City.  It may already be irreversibly damaged due to the shifting economies of the gambling industry.  It may soon be a ghost town.

The damage is already irreversible in Atlantic City, it's on the verge of being a ghost town.  I'm a resident of NJ and I see public transportation vehicles festooned with advertising of online gambling sites, demonstrating how it easy it is to gamble on your smartphone.  Christie should be ashamed of himself.

• Love 3

The "response" that Joe said Bush should have had for Rubio though.."I showed up to work every day, I'm not like Barack Obama, I'm like Ronald Reagan!" Hehe, I think Joe sees himself as sooo much more clever than the candidates, and it's just embarassing.

I expected Joe to open the show ranting about how bad the moderators were, or how biased they were for Hillary or how "presidential" Trump looked standing there not saying shit. So when he started by going off of Rubio, I was...unprepared. He does realize that Marco wasn't comparing himself to Obama but comparing his attendance record with Obama's, right? Also, Marco? Honey, you're no Barack Obama.

I had to leave early, did anyone ever bring up the absence of facts last night?

• Love 2

Cackles' answer to Rubio's and Trump's obvious, outright lies? "That's why they have moderators!!"

Then she referred to them as calling balls and strikes and giggled how everyone hates it when women make sports metaphors. Tee hee. Gag - she was actually corrrect in her use of metaphor but couldn't even own it.

These Republicans are the biggest bunch of whiners that I've ever seen about these debates. Has there been a debate in the last like 16 years where they haven't bitched and moaned about the moderators, even before the debate? Joe wants me to believe that journalists from Fox and CNBC are biased against Republicans? The constant victim hood from Republicans about this imaginary media that has it out for them is just outrageously silly.

• Love 13

Cruz wants the likes of Limbaugh and Hannity to moderate the debates because if you haven't ever voted in a republican primary, why should you get to moderate a debate? How does he know Limbaugh and Hannity as well as Trump of course, ever have?

Halperin's review of the debate performance was Cruz & Rubio A-. Christie &Carson B+. Trump B. Fiorina B- Kasich C+. Huckabee C, Paul C-. Bush D+.

Joe said that the moderator Harwood was part of the NBC family & shouldn't have made mistakes like calling Trump a Comic book Candidate & arguing with trump about the debate length.

Joe was upset that Rubio wasn't treated more harshly. he said he doesn't have enough experience in the Senate to be President.

• Love 1

Joe is a non stop rant against liberal media biased moderators. Joe said none of the moderators have ever voted Republican. Poor Halperin got the brunt of Joe wrath. Halperin could only mention a few vague names like  Brit Hume .

Joe said NBC wouldn't hire them to do the weekend Today show because he was a Republican. Joe said CBS had considered hiring them

Joe called out Tom Brokaw , Tim Russert for not voting in GOP primaries. Does Joe know this for a fact?

Joe said some journalists like Russert could be fair.

Joe went after Richard Haas. Haas doesn't want litmus tests.

Now Joe says Brokaw could be a fair moderator despite being a liberal.

• Love 1

Joe is a non stop rant against liberal media biased moderators. Joe said none of the moderators have ever voted Republican. Poor Halperin got the brunt of Joe wrath. Halperin could only mention a few vague names like  Brit Hume .

Does Joe realize that the RNC is actually saving the candidates from themselves?  As long as the networks and moderators are seen as "liberal", they can blame their poor performances on the "gotcha", "embarrassing" questions.  I think they should have a debate with Limbaugh, Hannity and Glen Beck as moderators.  The level of crazy right wing extremism would be off the charts and the voters would see who these candidates truly are.  

I think it was Chris Hayes that showed video of all the tough questions Hillary and Bernie got from Anderson Cooper in their debate.  Somehow, they both managed to answer them with intelligence and grace without ending up crying afterwards about how mean and embarrassing Anderson Cooper was.

• Love 7

I'm with Richard Haas, the idea that there has to be a litmus test for moderators of debates for presidential campaigns is ridiculous. Are there a multitude of conservative journalists out there that want to moderate the republican primaries and have been denied the chance? Joe's rant was way overboard; I can't believe that Barnicle backed down so quickly. If these folks what to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES they had better prepare themselves for a few hostile questions.

If he Joe so concerned with the fairness of the debates, why isn't he moderating one? Also, because it can't be said too many times...the first debate this season was on FOX NEWS!

• Love 7
If these folks what to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES they had better prepare themselves for a few hostile questions.

So, they can't deflect a hostile question and go to their talking point? Heavens, how can the expect to stand up to PUTIN!!!

• Love 2
Good article on Joe's maniacal rant about the "liberal" media.  http://www.dailykos....eral-Media-Myth

Yeah right off the top of my head I had Chris Wallace. 

I could not believe he and Mika were interviewing the Kochs and treating them like a couple sweet old men who "just worked hard and integrity is really important to us...."   

Really Charles?  Integrity? 

You might want to look up that word in the dictionary.  It doesn't mean what you think it means. 

• Love 4

Read Crooks & Liars take on this interview and the goo d comments:

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/11/watch-joe-scarborough-bow-charles-kochs

And one more time from my file....

Charles Koch to Mika:"....Melissa, ...ur I mean, Michelle, oh, I mean Muka...would you do an old man a favor and do that leg lift for me so I can forget about polluting for greater profits for a minute."

Mika: " Sure, Chuck.If you let me touch your 79 billion. My hands are warm." "

Scar: " ....can I watch?"

David Koch:  Cue Muttley laugh.

https://www.google.com/search?q=muttley+laugh&rlz=1C1TSNP_enUS475US475&oq=Muttle&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.4080j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

original.jpg?w=600&h

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7

I saw a quick blurb in a MSNBC promotion of the interview.  Some word salad nonsense where one of the Koch's made an angry plea against politicians and for term limits.  He said that it caused politicians to possess too much power.   Think about that.

A Koch brother said he's against politicians and power.  I'm not a professional journalist (neither are Joka, ofc) and my ears heard that and immediately triggered my "ha ha ha bullshit" response, and, I was actively working out in a gym.

They've been involved in politics since the 60s and are the most powerful people in the nation.

• Love 6

That Koch interview was the worst! Those poor brothers are so misunderstood. Don't let the fact that they funnel millions of dollars to pro-life organizations fool ya. They're pro choice, y'all! And sure, they've spent millions funding climate change deniers and fighting against Obamacare, but they're so totes liberal!

I swear that entire interview was a Koch Industries infomercial. I think Joe thought he was really bringing something new to the table. Maybe he'll rotate a Team Koch sweatshirt into his grossly inappropriate on-air wardrobe.

• Love 6

The only thing I got out of that mess was that one of them has a speech problem and seems horrifically socially awkward.

I busted a gut this morning when Heilmann told Mika and Joe about the viral Christie videos (both of which Rachel featured last night) and they were left completely flat footed.  Their producers even suck.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

I laughed (with despair) when all participants of the Koch brothers interview referred unironically to the millions they've pumped into politics as an "investment."

And I really appreciated the Uber infomercial today with David Plouffe. Of course they didn't get into what happens when Uber eliminates its competition and everyone is subject to its surge pricing.

And if I hear any of these tools use the word "disrupt" in that lame reverential Silicon Valley-speak again I will throw something.

• Love 8

Sweet Jesus, it amazes me the stupidity and gullibility of these people.

They believe this "aw shucks" bullshit the Koch Brothers are selling?.  What did they think, that they were going to admit to influence peddling and buying politicians?  

The Devil doesn't show up in a red cape with horns and a tail, burning people alive.  He's smart and charming and before you know, you sold your soul. 

Douche & Mika just lost what little of  their souls was still there, along with about 50 IQ points. 

• Love 10

Since he only polled at 2% ( up from 1%!!) in the Fox poll the great and powerful Christie may not make the main stage for the next debate. What now you two dopes??

Eta: with the Koch brothers interview these two have lost sight of all common sense or reason. I would love for someone to write the truth about these doofuses. They must be unbearable to live/work with.

Edited by Maire
  • Love 4

I guess no where in that farce of an interview did Douchebag and his Lap Poodle ask them about The John Birch Society and their father.

Or did they ask David Koch about his 1980 run for Vice President on the Libertarian ticket and his horrifying dystopic agenda for complete destruction of our existing government. Every single one of these ideas is rooted in Ayn L Rand John Birch Society dogma. His sons are just expanding capacity for them now, not abandoning their principles.

Keep this list handy. You're going to need it in the days to come. (credit to poster, Talis, over at C&L for reposting this)

• We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”

“We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.”

• “We oppose any compulsory insurance or tax-supported plan to provide health services, including those which finance abortion services.”

• “We also favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry.”

• “We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”

• “We propose the abolition of the governmental Postal Service. The present system, in addition to being inefficient, encourages governmental surveillance of private correspondence. Pending abolition, we call for an end to the monopoly system and for allowing free competition in all aspects of postal service.”

• “We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.”

• “We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.”

• “As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately.”

• “We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”

• “We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.”

• “We condemn compulsory education laws … and we call for the immediate repeal of such laws.”

• “We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit.”

• “We support the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.”

• “We support abolition of the Department of Energy.”

• “We call for the dissolution of all government agencies concerned with transportation, including the Department of Transportation.”

• “We demand the return of America's railroad system to private ownership. We call for the privatization of the public roads and national highway system.”

• “We specifically oppose laws requiring an individual to buy or use so-called "self-protection" equipment such as safety belts, air bags, or crash helmets.”

“We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration.”

• “We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration.”

• “We support an end to all subsidies for child-bearing built into our present laws, including all welfare plans and the provision of tax-supported services for children.”

• “We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”

• “We call for the privatization of the inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.”

“We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.”

• “We call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.”

• “We support the repeal of all state usury laws.”

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

The Koch brothers are advocating for nothing less than the abolition of public government. Which is just fine for them because they made their billions already using the public roads, national postal service, etc. And they can afford their private hospitals, and police force; they can hire scientists to test their food and drugs and retain lawyers to make sure their bank deposits and investments are safe.

Yes it's wonderful that they donate money here and there to museums etc but it's a miniscule amount of their wealth and for pure PR purposes for idiots like Scarborough to eat up. I myself would rather have a non-dystopic society thank you very much.

• Love 12
Harry Reid calls out Morning Joe on the Senate floor for the Koch interview. Go Harry !

http://crooksandliar...ir-fawning-koch

Wonder if Rachel will say anything about this.  It would be nice if someone at MSNBC had the balls to call Douche and Nitwit out for this.  Seeing as how their shenanigans are now part of the record of the Senate. 

Yes it's wonderful that they donate money here and there to museums etc but it's a miniscule amount of their wealth and for pure PR purposes for idiots like Scarborough to eat up. I myself would rather have a non-dystopic society thank you very much.

This is just to distract from all the bad shit.  "Hey look they donated money to a museum or NPR.  They're good guys!" 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Sen Macaskill & Joe got into a huge fight over their interview of the Koch brothers. She said they were too easy on them. Joe went ballistic. Mika looked like she had a headache. She lowered her head. Joe said the unions were nasty to Paul Ryan & showed him throwing old ladies over a cliff. Claire said it was nice to see them appear behind the curtain. Claire was furious that they don't support gay marriage, I doubt Claire will be invited back on the show. Joe said Mika pushed them. Claire was mad they supported Republicans against her. Claire said she was a conservative democrat.  Claire said they weren't as demon like as she thought on many issues.

I did like the Christie speech on drug addiction. The Trump ads sounded weird. Joe kept saying they would be popular among people who drive in Western Iowa.

• Love 2

Can someone tell me how Ben Carson isn't immediately disqualified for the presidency after saying Joseph built the Pyramids to store grain and none of the founding fathers held elected office?  I may not agree with Scarborough on much but I don't think he is stupid.  How can he sit there and let these comments pass?  The glorifying of ignorance by the republicans has gotten completely out of control.  I guess when Katie Couric asks Carson the "gotcha" question of what newspapers he reads, the answer will be "the bible".

I also can't get too worked up over the study that teens are on their phones/computers 9 hours a day.  When they listed the activities the teens are doing on their devices -  listening to music, reading, and talking to friends had substantial percentages.  I was a teen in the 80's and did all of these things for hours every day.  I just didn't do them digitally.  We had paper books, the radio and albums, and phones with cords.  I think Mika and the rest of the panel were way too alarmist about this.

• Love 7
Does anyone have the email address to msnbc/NBC? I emailed them when I quit watching this show. It's time for another. But I can't find a general address. This is pathetic and frightening!

contact.nbcnews@nbcuni.com

I loved this morning when Meacham was discussing the book about Bush 41 and Douche said it seemed rather personal. Meacham's like "yeah,it's a personal story, it's a biography, about a person, that's how this works, Joe".

Jesus he couldn't find his ass with both hands and a mirror. 

• Love 10

I laughed (with despair) when all participants of the Koch brothers interview referred unironically to the millions they've pumped into politics as an "investment."

And I really appreciated the Uber infomercial today with David Plouffe. Of course they didn't get into what happens when Uber eliminates its competition and everyone is subject to its surge pricing.

And if I hear any of these tools use the word "disrupt" in that lame reverential Silicon Valley-speak again I will throw something.

I am surprised that Mika & Joe did not disclose that Koch Industries is a major sponsor of the show before the interview aired.

Joe said he was very happy with Uber because they arrived quickly to his Upper West Side Appt. Joe said he could book rides for his teenage kids & keep an eye on them using the App.

I am surprised that Mika didn't ask about the lack of insurance on Uber drivers. What happens if you get into an accident?

Joe said he was a Southern Baptist & had never read in the bible that Joseph built the Pyramids to store grain.

That's what I like about Morning Joe. No matter what the issue, Joe is ready to offer an opinion!

• Love 2

Can someone tell me how Ben Carson isn't immediately disqualified for the presidency after saying Joseph built the Pyramids to store grain and none of the founding fathers held elected office?  I may not agree with Scarborough on much but I don't think he is stupid.  How can he sit there and let these comments pass?  The glorifying of ignorance by the republicans has gotten completely out of control.  I guess when Katie Couric asks Carson the "gotcha" question of what newspapers he reads, the answer will be "the bible".

It's a slippery slope. You can't really disqualify someone for believing one religion when so many of our presidents also believe in even the most fanciful elements of Christianity.

• Love 2

I recommend turn down the volume on today's show.

Joe & Cakles were shouting with glee about all the inconsistencies in Ben Carson's biography. Mika wanted to start the show talking about the cast members of the view calling Fiorina demented but Joe said that Cackles would be uncomfortable discussing the topic, so they dropped it.

Halperin defended Carson, saying some dates were wrong but it wasn't a big deal about which day he met General Westmoreland. Joe bragged that he was considered for football scholarships Cackles was shocked about Ben Carson's comments on Joseph building the pyramids. Joe boasted that he was searching for the truth on Hillary Clinton & raked her over the coals.

Joe bragged that he was right about Trump staying in the race.

John Meacham was on the show promoting his book about President Bush 41.

• Love 1

Joe & Cackles were shouting with glee about all the inconsistencies in Ben Carson's biography.

To add to this somewhat, Joe went off on an epic rant about Ben Carson in general, and had a conversation with Hugh Hewitt that left my mouth agape. The gist was that the conservative media is so busy massaging their heroes and playing to their base that they don't even know what facts are anymore, and that they aren't even interested in winning the presidential election. Joe defended himself and his show raking Hillary over the coals vis-à-vis her emails for months on end, and finds it ridiculous that Carson thinks that this tiny bit of scrutiny he has received so far is unfair. It was really something.

http://youtu.be/iG-6Tgn-e_s

This isn't all of it, but gives you an idea. The "I walked on the moon" stuff refers back to earlier comments Joe made about all the fiction in Carson's biography.

Edited to add that the funniest thing Mark Halperin has ever said was this morning when he said Ben Carson's portrait with Jesus looked like Carson with Barry Gibb.

Edited by ktwo
  • Love 3
John Meacham was on the show promoting his book about President Bush 41.

The chyron for that bit was funny - "George Bush on John Meacham's new book" - Why would George Bush talk about....oooh. Oops.

Here's a transcript  of today's fight between Joe & Hugh Hewitt.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-battles-hewitt-on-media-bias-hugh-please-dont-embarrass-yourself/

My big beef with the show today is that everyone was dressed nicely in suits for the show except for Joe who wore the same blue  fleece top & jeans. C'mon Joe, grow up !. He looked like  he showed up on set after a workout. What's with him? Did he have to clean the garage before the show? It's hard to take him seriously when he looks like that. Joe does own suits & he has worn them in the past.

• Love 1