Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Yesterday on a flight, I was reading over the shoulder of the woman sitting next to me, and it appears that Jennifer Morrison was the model for the "Sizzling Summer Style" feature in the August issue of Good Housekeeping. Lots of cute pictures of her in summer clothes in a beachy setting.

Does anyone know if there's a significant difference between the content of the regular DVDs and the Blu Ray? The price gap is pretty huge, and I wasn't crazy about this season. I also can't think of any particularly gorgeous location shooting that simply must be in high definition. So if there isn't a critical feature that's only on Blu Ray, then I might just go with the regular DVDs.

I wonder which deleted scenes are added to the Blu Ray. If it's more Regina emoting, then it's not worth the 15 extra dollars. If it's real #ItHappenedOffscreen stuff, then I might consider. Really, I don't imagine ever watching the entire season straight through, but there's generally at least one scene per episode I like, and it's handy to have the DVDs as a reference for discussion.

I think there's a description of the deleted scenes floating around the Internet, and none of them sound interesting. I'm sure they'll make their way on the Internet sooner or later.

This is super cute. The OUAT cast is going to the Christina Perri concert this Sunday, and Christina is... um, a bit excited about meeting JMo.

Here's one breakdown of what's in the set:

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/blogs/alex-movie-blog/2015/08/18/once-upon-a-time-season-4-blu-ray-review/

It doesn't tell what the deleted scenes are about though. You can find them on YT, I'm sure.

There is an interesting one where Henry goes to Mr. Gold to have him erase his memories and put back his fake ones, because he's mad at Regina and what's to forget her. LOL

I feel like we had some spoilers about that - maybe from Robert Carlyle? - and we had, like, a 2 month long discussion about what it meant and what memories he actually wanted erased, and then they decided to delete that scene. LOL

I believe they released that last fall when the episode aired. Cue the ongoing debate about what counts as canon:

Oh you mean the scene that would have given an actual purpose to Henry working at Gold's Shop? Why would anyone want that to be canon?

(It's not. But it's dumb that it was cut.)

Edited by KingOfHearts

I can hardly credit them with doing that to St. Regina. Imagine, not wanting any memories of the woman who'd been gaslighting you for years and who nearly destroyed the entire town, and everyone you loved. Sheesh!

• Love 4

Posting it during the business day gives the entertainment media outlets time to pick it up and report on it while there are still people working before heading off into the weekend. It's a business.

I know, it would have just been nicer if more of the cast could have participated. Why did they have to try giving a thank-you right after it happened? Why couldn't they have waited like, half a day? Oh, well.

Lana and Jennifer were there, the rest weren't really needed. If the two actors on set would have been, I don't know, Sean and Rebecca, I bet they would have waited.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

Christina Perri dedicated "The Words" to Captain Swan at her concert in Vancouver tonight and thanked Colin for being in the video. Some lucky fans got a picture with Colin & JMo, who were there. (You can also see Emilie and Lana in the background.)

Also, JMo is still being attacked by the Giant Blob of Darkness.

Christina posted some pics on her Instagram. Colin brought her an orchid. Liam, Sinqua & Bex were also there.

Edited by Souris

I'm having the same issue. He's quite a talented man to get us to feel so many different things from one pic.

I would give anything to have been a fly on the wall when that was taken. What was the discussion? Whose idea?

I'm laughing because I don't for a second believe it's a serious picture. They were probably cracking themselves up because it's so ridiculous.
  • Love 2

http://fangirlish.com/ouat-ten-things-we-want-from-season5/

I specially love the ones for captainswan,captaincobra and the relationship between Snow and Emma.. The rest of her list have valid points.

The Emma/Snow relationship of Season One

I know it’ll be hard, what with the whole Dark Swan thing, but I miss the Mary Margaret/Emma relationship of the first season. It’s like they were closer before they knew they were mother and daughter. I know Emma has issues, and I know Snow isn’t always mother of the year, but these two love each other. Let them get close again. Let them confide in each other. They’re basically the same age, so there’s no need to play with stereotypes. They can be BFFs. It’s okay. We won’t mind.

Killian backstory, once and for all

Who are his parents? Where is he from? Who was the King that sent him and Liam on that journey to Neverland?  What adventures did he have in those 300 years at sea? Where did he learn how to waltz? We have many questions about Killian, and we’ve been waiting patiently for the answers for a couple of years. Of the main cast, he’s the one we know the least about. And, we’re curious souls. We like our pirate. We want more.

More Hook/Emma quiet moments.

It doesn’t seem like we’re going to get this anytime soon, but we really, really crave more of the quiet moments between these two, of the simple things. Of the waking up together (after coffee!!), of Emma making pancakes, of quiet dinners at Granny’s, hey, we’ll even take a Netflix movie night at this point. True love is not only made of the big moments, it’s also made of the little things. We already know these two are true love (what do you mean you don’t know, where have you been?), now we just want to see them enjoying it.

More Captain Cobra

Henry and Killian haven’t really had a chance to interact that much, at least not on screen. We know Hook took him sailing once, but Henry wasn’t exactly Henry then. We also had one mention of him taking Henry again, but, alas, we didn’t get to see that outing. In fact, we’ve seen precious little of the two together. What does Henry think of his mom’s boyfriend? Is Killian ready to be some sort of father-figure in Henry’s life? We really, really want to know. And with Emma gone and the people who love her banding together to get her back, what better time than this?

Edited by mtsmvfn
  • Love 2

I pretty much agree with her whole list. Except I'd switch out a girlfriend for Henry and add in one or two regular friends. Why couldn't he hang out with some of the lost boys they rescued, or even Hansel and Gretel?

I like this list too, but I have to disagree on the last point. Can't we just forget that the Zelena!baby ever happened? Also, no to teenage romances!