Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Jennifer Lanzetti

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Poor bug-in-ear girl! She made an impressive recovery!

Maybe not.  After going off her rocker tonight at tribal, I wonder if that bug had a friend that they didn't find yet.  That wasn't just putting foot in mouth.  That was a performance.

I don't see Jenny being extremely physical compared to Alecia, so I think the brawns would be in the same boat.  I did like her, and wish she could have blindsided Jason.  Alecia and Cydney seemed to be on board with it until Jenny got wishy washy.

• Love 1

Jennifer thinks if she appealed to her tribe's emotional side rather than their rational side they would have kept her (despite saying that men and women aren't not rational/logical).  I'd blame her blunder on bug damage if I were her.  

And apparently I haven't done my research on contestants this season, because I didn't realize Jenny had been to prison.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2016/02/25/survivor-castaway-jennifer-cydneys-vote-was-a-little-bit-of-a-sting/

Interview from Jenny.  She says that the all girls alliance was Alecia's idea, and that Cydney/Alecia ratted her out to Scot and Jason over it.  She didn't really get into her spectacle TC performance, but believes that their minds were changed back at camp and not during tribal.

On top of the bug in her ear, she said that she was bit by a centipede 8 times, got burns on her eye lids, and on her last day the tribe ate a poisonous plant that they thought was a potato.  Maybe it was for the best she got voted out before something killed her out there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I was wondering about that scab on her eyelid so that explains that.

I mainly liked her, was astounded at her implosion, but did feel her "sweeties" and "honeys" to Alecia came across as condescending (I know if you were frustrated with her it wouldn't be hard to feel that way, but still, it grated on me a little).

I wouldn't mind seeing her back again, though I don't know if they've ever had a second boot back?  (or a first for that matter).

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind seeing her back again, though I don't know if they've ever had a second boot back?  (or a first for that matter).

Franqueska was a first boot and they had her back. Then she was a first boot again. Poor Frankescha.

• Love 5

I was wondering about that scab on her eyelid so that explains that.

I was wondering about her eyelid too, it looked like she'd been in a fight. 

Thought this was funny:

Lanzetti: I got bit on my face by a centipede eight times on day one. I had a parasite in my ear day two and three. Day four I’m building a fire and I got third-degree burns on my eyelids. And then on day six I ate a poisonous plant. The doctor said I had a chemical burn on my throat for three days. I think the universe voted me out first.

Holmes: Day thirty, fall off a cliff. You’re like Wile E. Coyote out there.

Lanzetti: (Laughs)

Holmes: (Laughs) That vote probably saved your life.

Lanzetti: It just wasn’t my time to rule.

Holmes: (Laughs) Next time. When Probst tells you to play it like your third chance.

Lanzetti: Right! And I’m going to ignore everything he says.  Forever.

Holmes: That tends to be a smart strategy.

She's one tribal council too late to have come to that epiphany about ignoring Probst, but still funny. 

Also funny is the tribe thinking they found a potato, of all things. That seems a bit random and I'm not sure that's the right climate for growing potatoes (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that ;) It just seems like a very odd thing to think you've run across in a tropical environment. 

• Love 2

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2016/02/25/survivor-castaway-jennifer-cydneys-vote-was-a-little-bit-of-a-sting/

Interview from Jenny.  She says that the all girls alliance was Alecia's idea, and that Cydney/Alecia ratted her out to Scot and Jason over it.  She didn't really get into her spectacle TC performance, but believes that their minds were changed back at camp and not during tribal.

If that's true, I wonder why Cydney/Alecia ratted it out to the guys. They have a solid three, and with someone who is irritated with Fatty enough to think of getting rid of him. If they're succesful, Scot suddenly becomes on the bottom, and maybe he might be a little nicer now that he's no longer in a power position. You go to three women left, a tribe swap or merge probably happens, then you should be relatively safe because there are still other stronger men to target. And I can seriously see Alecia coasting by, ala-Abi last year, close to the end. If this is indeed true, then I say bad move on Cydney/Alecia's part.

• Love 1

If that's true, I wonder why Cydney/Alecia ratted it out to the guys. They have a solid three, and with someone who is irritated with Fatty enough to think of getting rid of him. If they're succesful, Scot suddenly becomes on the bottom, and maybe he might be a little nicer now that he's no longer in a power position. You go to three women left, a tribe swap or merge probably happens, then you should be relatively safe because there are still other stronger men to target. And I can seriously see Alecia coasting by, ala-Abi last year, close to the end. If this is indeed true, then I say bad move on Cydney/Alecia's part.

During tribal, Jenny seemed to be alluding that it was Alecia who approached her first, and that she went along with it to give her a glimmer of hope (that was her defense, anyway).  Alecia denied it then, though Jenny really wasn't making a lot of sense during her ramblings.  As to why Cydney/Alecia wouldn't go along with it-maybe Cydney had no desire to go with the ladies or Alecia, and she told Scot/Jason, who cornered Alecia and ratted Jenny out as being the one who came up with the idea to save her own skin.  She had nothing to lose at that point, so why not point the finger somewhere else.  That would be my guess.  Alecia probably would have gone with whatever group was getting her through, so I wonder if Cydney was the hold out.  Kind of disappointing if that really is the case, especially because Jason would have gotten such an epic blindside and we would have been rid of him for the rest of the season.  That in itself would have made this season look up.

Cydney might have had to worry at the merge, but I think she could have laid low enough to not look like a challenge threat.  Jenny and Alecia probably would have had no problem fading into the background as being underestimated.

Edited by LadyChatts

But didn't we see Jenny bring it up with Alecia? I think Jenny's still lying.

Not saying what Jenny said is the gospel truth, but editors can easily leave out the scene where Alecia indeed comes to Jenny first, maybe Jenny thinks about it for awhile, and just show Jenny coming back to Alecia to respond to her, but make it look like as if she's the one who's proposing it.

Here's another interview with Jenny:

http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-jennifer-i-thought-that-the-female-alliance-would-have-worked

She blames editing for making it seem like the all girl alliance was her idea, but again says it was Alecia.  Cydney was the first to jump ship and Alecia went with her.  That sort of goes along with her ramblings at TC, though she said she was completely on board with doing the all girl thing.  Also didn't seem to be fond of Jason, who she said sat around camp and did nothing but complain and be mean.

As to the bug in her ear: she said she didn't try to flush it out with water because that was how it get in there, and that production ignored her concerns for a couple of days.  I can't tell if she was implying that production believed her but kept her in misery for the drama or thought she was just being a whiner:

Tom Santilli: What was the angle from production at that point? Were they monitoring it, were they increasingly concerned, was there talk of pulling you from the game at some point? What were they telling you?

Jennifer: Oh no. No no. This is Reality TV. This is drama TV. I'm not saying that they didn't care, but they didn't show it to me (laughs). It was just always sort of dismissive. I would tell the night crew and the day crew and I was like, can somebody help me?

Not saying what Jenny said is the gospel truth, but editors can easily leave out the scene where Alecia indeed comes to Jenny first, maybe Jenny thinks about it for awhile, and just show Jenny coming back to Alecia to respond to her, but make it look like as if she's the one who's proposing it.

Not to mention that Alecia had way more incentive to propose the idea than Jenny did. Even if she's behind Cydney in the pecking order, she was still way above the almost-first-booted Alecia who has been the tribe whipping boy since minute 1. 

It's a bit early to be looking down the line at merge targets, they have to avoid being wiped off the map before the merge comes, so the only one who really needed a shakeup in this last tribal was Alecia. 

Not that it couldn't still have been Jenny's idea (a bad one at this stage), but I can certainly believe that it was really Alecia. 

Based on the general tone of her interviews, I don't see Jenny as being interested in a return to the show. Sounds like it was a fairly negative experience with regard to production. 

• Love 2
As to the bug in her ear: she said she didn't try to flush it out with water because that was how it get in there,

Seriously, 31 seasons,  I think this is not the first time someone got a bug in their ear and they just went to the ocean to get it out...

• Love 1

Here's another interview with Jenny:

http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-jennifer-i-thought-that-the-female-alliance-would-have-worked

She blames editing for making it seem like the all girl alliance was her idea, but again says it was Alecia.  Cydney was the first to jump ship and Alecia went with her. 

Seriously, I don't get why women don't follow through with an all-women alliance. You saw it with Tasha last season, running to Jeremy and Spencer the first chance she got. Then with Cydney this season too. I mean, you have the numbers, and yeah, I get the sentiment of "keeping the tribe strong", but you weren't winning WITH them anyway, which is ironic considering the first two challenges are meant for the brawny types. The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the tribe gets decimated. If it gets decimated that far, production will just have the other tribes absorb the remainder of Brawn. It worked for Denise and Malcolm in Philippines. Their tribe being decimated actually helped them get far in the game, and in Denise's case, even win 1M.

The last women alliance that I remember working brilliantly was the BWB. And that's a lot of seasons back. Why is it so easy for the men to form all-men alliances but harder for the women?

• Love 2

Seriously, I don't get why women don't follow through with an all-women alliance. You saw it with Tasha last season, running to Jeremy and Spencer the first chance she got. Then with Cydney this season too. I mean, you have the numbers, and yeah, I get the sentiment of "keeping the tribe strong", but you weren't winning WITH them anyway, which is ironic considering the first two challenges are meant for the brawny types. The way I see it, it doesn't matter if the tribe gets decimated. If it gets decimated that far, production will just have the other tribes absorb the remainder of Brawn. It worked for Denise and Malcolm in Philippines. Their tribe being decimated actually helped them get far in the game, and in Denise's case, even win 1M.

The last women alliance that I remember working brilliantly was the BWB. And that's a lot of seasons back. Why is it so easy for the men to form all-men alliances but harder for the women?

Kim-Chelsea-Sabrina in One World worked pretty brilliantly in Season 24.

I have high hope for the Beauty women sticking together this season.

• Love 3

I don't think it matters much who approached whom.  Jenny misread Cydney.  If you have an alliance of four, you need to be pretty damn sure that the one person you ask to split off with you has more loyalty to you than the other two.  By betraying Jenny, Cydney has a stronger (and smaller) alliance with the two dudes.  She probably can envision Scott choosing her for 'final two' over the dumbass slob.

How in the world do get 3rd degree burns on your eyelids building a fire?  

Agree about women's alliance.  I have to give more credit to the BWB because of how well they played the men (and even Amanda, who didn't realize anything was up until her snuggle buddy Ozzy got blindsided) and convincing Erik to give up immunity-despite the fact that the woman had put on a united front and picked off the other men.  I don't know why women are so quick to want to bond with the men, or run back to them with any plan of a women's alliance.  How often does that work out for them in the end?  They get dragged along as a goat to the finals and lose the women's vote in the jury, and are told they didn't do anything but follow the alphas coat tails.

If you are a super fan of Survivor, like some of these contestants claim to be, then you know a tribe swap will be happening.  And you also know that your alliance may very well wind up on the other tribe.  In addition, your new tribe may take a page out of Jenny's book and decide to get rid of the big, physical threats that have a solid alliance with other physical threats before the merge (I feel like I'm using the term 'physical threats' loosely considering brawn has failed in both IC).  Alecia is going to have no loyalty to Cydney, Jason, or Scot once she gets the upper hand.  I don't know if Cydney thinks keeping Scot/Jason around benefits her in the long run, because they'll be viewed a bigger physical threat at the merge, or what.  However, she has to count on that, count on them losing an IC, and count on them not forming a sub alliance that doesn't include her.

• Love 1

Kim-Chelsea-Sabrina in One World worked pretty brilliantly in Season 24.

I have high hope for the Beauty women sticking together this season.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting One World did happen way after HvV. For some reason, I always think of it as a much older season.

I do hope the Beauty women stick together. It would be fun to see women in power and calling the shots for once. 

I guess there was the Witches Coven last season but that alliance was formed mostly out of necessity rather than a true alliance. And there's not much you can do if you're on the bottom like they were.

• Love 2

I lost all faith in editing in the last episode when they faked the end of the immunity challenge to make it look like went down to the last second when all witnesses said it was a blowout. I don't believe anything I see on my TV this season.

You should watch Unreal.  It's a good look at the reality tv shenanigans at first but then it rises above that to be a really good show.  

What we saw was, Jenny asks Alecia her silly CONAN, WHAT IS BEST IN SURVIVOR? question, and when she says "a big move" or whatever it is, Alecia jumps in with "you know I was thinking, let's get rid of the big guys."  So you could sort of see it as "Alecia's idea" if you wanted to. 

Winston9-DT3, on 26 Feb 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

I don't think it matters much who approached whom.  Jenny misread Cydney.  If you have an alliance of four, you need to be pretty damn sure that the one person you ask to split off with you has more loyalty to you than the other two.  By betraying Jenny, Cydney has a stronger (and smaller) alliance with the two dudes.  She probably can envision Scott choosing her for 'final two' over the dumbass slob.

How in the world do get 3rd degree burns on your eyelids building a fire?  

Stronger, perhaps, but not smaller?  It's a three-person alliance either way.

I guess something like, lean in really close to see what you're doing/blow on the flames, something catches POOF all of a sudden, reflexes close your eyes, they get burnt.  Seems easy enough to imagine to me.

• Love 2

I meant smaller as in Cydney was in an alliance of four people but after throwing Jenny under the bus she's in an alliance of three.  

I can see the lid burns in your scenario if she blew embers back into her own eyes, I guess.  

I meant smaller as in Cydney was in an alliance of four people but after throwing Jenny under the bus she's in an alliance of three.  

I can see the lid burns in your scenario if she blew embers back into her own eyes, I guess.  

Don't you mean embryos?

• Love 3

Ah, I see, in terms of voting out Jenny rather than Alecia, not Jenny rather than Bounty Jerk.  Got it.

Maybe Cydney already realizes that Bounty Jerk Jason Kyle whatever is going to be a big goat so keep him around.  I hope when the time comes for Cydney and Alecia to do the interview rounds they are asked about this.  I'm curious why they'd flip on Jenny.

I'm curious why they'd flip on Jenny.

Based on what little we've seen I could see Cydney going right to Jason and Scot because I think she sees them as her main alliance and telling them that Jenny was thinking about teaming up with Alecia and her and voting out Jason. Jason gets pissed about it and decides to take out Jenny and then Cydney, Scot, Alecia all go along with it.

• Love 1

Also, did I imagine it or was there a scene where Jenny was waffling to Cydney about the girls' alliance and Cyd was getting annoyed with her for being fickle?  That's not really a trait you want in your firmest ally.  

Yeah, I think Jenny's indecisiveness and general squirreliness is what did her in. When Scot said that he wasn't even listening to Alecia, he was only listening to Jenny and that's what was giving him doubts, I don't think he necessarily thought that she was lying, only that she was a loose cannon. It's funny to me that in the past, smart players haven't voted out the unpredictable player (Kass, Abi ... ) and yet this group of blockheads manages it.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

I can't believe how my liking of Jenny/dislike of Alecia in episode 1 totally flipped around during episode 2.

Jenny quizzing Alecia on the best Survivor move ticked me off.  Jenny knew that the rest of the tribe thought Alecia was an airhead, and Jenny played on that during that segment with her tone of voice and facial expressions.  She might as well have asked Alecia "what is the best color?  No, it's not blue, stupid!  Not red, moron!"  A purposely vague question posed in order to make Jenny look superior.  Bye, Jen-ay.

• Love 5

I can't believe how my liking of Jenny/dislike of Alecia in episode 1 totally flipped around during episode 2.

Jenny quizzing Alecia on the best Survivor move ticked me off.  Jenny knew that the rest of the tribe thought Alecia was an airhead, and Jenny played on that during that segment with her tone of voice and facial expressions.  She might as well have asked Alecia "what is the best color?  No, it's not blue, stupid!  Not red, moron!"  A purposely vague question posed in order to make Jenny look superior.  Bye, Jen-ay.

The irony is, if she followed Alecia's two answers "Be honest" and "Win challenges", she would still be in the game. Life is that awesome sometimes.

• Love 4