Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Sex, Lies And Stassi's Videotape

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't think this show isn't as great fun as it used to be? I'm so disappointed (though still watch eventually on DVR). IMO the high point was before Season 3(?) with Sheana and her gold shorts that Daisy Duke would be ashamed of and reunion with the busboy (now known as DJ Muppet Baby - as awesome nickname as FI Tom). I also want to know whoever told Ariana and FI Tom they were so smart? I don't get that from watching (see FI Tom and pitching his St. Louis connections for LVP Sangria - now that was funny).

• Love 2

When the season first started I was still greatly enjoying it. I love the two Toms, and I was hoping Kristen's crazy would come out soon. But I'm guessing the season is almost over and she's yet to get really crazy! What a letdown. Plus, way way too much Lala and James, who are pathetic, but not even really snark worthy. Like, I just want them to go away. I'd take Jax over them any day. 

• Love 1

She sure did, didn't she?  We saw her fire Frank, so we know she was referring to him.  Um, why is Stassi being coy & not mentioning his name directly?  Is she afraid he's gonna put the vid out?  Wow, she knows how to pick scuzzballs, eh?  Her relationship with Patrick sounds horrible.  And I knew that hipster idiot Kristen was with last ep was a total waste-of-time loser.  Not exactly a surprise to find out just how much of a loser he is.

OK, so Stassi holding up that clutch/purse/wallet she seemed to brag how she knew Jax stole, but she kept anyway, made me go -- er, WTF?  OK, I get that she was being cutesy/tongue-in-cheek, but still -- WTF, Stassi????

Guess I'm missing out on life, but I've never been to a Hooters.  Jax & the Toms chowing down on those chicken things did not give me any motivation to seek one out.  Brittany actually looked very cute in her Hooters outfit.  Run from Jax already, will ya, hun?

Sandoval's place still looks like an awful dump to me.  I don't get it.  Aren't the chucklefucks making much from the show so they can move to better places?  Guess not.

Way to go, Schemer.  Keep plying your boozehound hubby with more booze.  If he ain't an alcoholic already, good way to make sure he becomes one.  Man, she really is a shallow fuckin' moron.  He ain't much better.  Maybe it's better he stays silent.

Anyone remember "Silent Bob" and see the resemblance?

SilentBob.jpg

Sorry I was reading from page 1 and just saw post from Heather Chandler - glad I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance and demeanor.

Silent Shay...hahahaha

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9

I'm not convinced Frank tried to sell the tape because someone would have paid more than $900 dollars, even for D list reality tv personalities.  I think that the show is leaving parts out because its convenient to Lisa's narrative.  I bet it went more like this....Frank felt that SUR or VanderPump Rules owed him severance or Stassi owed him money for something and Frank threatened to release the tape as leverage to get what he felt he was owed.  That is the only scenario where it makes sense that this scandal was resolved for $900.

OK, this makes sense - partly because $900 is so damn random. I just remember the (limited) recollection given at the reunion and it seemed so cloak and dagger - like Lisa & Ken wrote a $60,000 check to some shadowy syndicate figure and Stassi was very contrite. Perhaps I overdramatized this in my mind to make the show more interesting. Anyway, since Stassi is familiar with bad boys I'm now guessing she made the video fully expecting Frank to turn on her and create a reality star sex tape bidding war? 

I thought luleetuni had a good eye with the miu miu wallet link. I didn't give Jax that much credit and thought Stassi was showing off a version of this:

http://www.coach.com/coach-designer-wallets-accordion-zip-wallet-in-gathered-leather/52351.html?dwvar_color=LINAV&cid=S_BPLA52351

simply because you can find Coach on the discount tables at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, etc. and they usually keep Prada locked up. I didn't think Jax had the gumption for a complicated heist. Unless, of course, he lifted the wallet from Stassi's stepmother's underwear drawer.

• Love 3

Speaking of which, what the hell were FI Tom and Arianna painting pink in their apartment and getting all over the carpet?

I thought they were painting the walls blue and they couldn't decide what shade, so they were painting boxes.  Then Tom drew something...strange.  Ariana really finds him funny?  He is such a dweeb.

• Love 3

Ha- my son and I walked up to the float she was riding on before the Mardi Gras parade she was riding in. She was taking selfies. I interrupted her and asked if she would take a pic with us and she was super nice, commented on how cute my baby is and posed for a few pics with us. She was throwing out rulers with pics of face glued to them. She made a joke about them and gave us one. She was super made up, very "tan" like spray tan or bronzer. Very put together as far as makeup/hair/outfit. Last year we met Lisa Vanderpump the same way, Lisa wore a ball gown and they didn't have Giggy. They were super nice too. Pandora wasn't. A girl I was with later said she went to SUR about 3 years ago and the cast members were actually working, Jax was bartending. He was super rude, she asked him for a drink suggestion and he replied "I don't have time for that, just tell me what you want to drink". Lol, I can so see him doing that.

• Love 10

Yes, they showed a picture of Brittany outside wearing the stolen sunglasses, but the footage made it seem like he was caught in the act at the mall and the police stopped him right outside the door. So how was Brittany already in possession of the sunglasses? Add to that the fact that the store clerk seemed oblivious, I almost wonder whether they didn't realize until later upon checking inventory or camera footage that they were stolen, and stupid Jax realized how easy it was that he "returned to the scene of the crime" to steal another pair (since he lost his other "found" pair on the jet ski) and was then apprehended for stealing the first pair for Brittany. Otherwise I can't think of another logical explanation.

I have a really hard time believing that a savvy business woman like LVP would pay off an ignoramus like Frank for Stassi's video without having him sign a settlement agreement with a non-disclosure agreement.  It would be easy to draft an agreement whereby he guarantees that he has turned over all copies (even if he hasn't) and that sets a civil penalty to be automatically forfeited if he circulates/displays/sells/leaks/etc any other copy.  Just like participants in other reality shows sign NDA's and confidentiality agreements that they will not reveal where they placed in the results of the show or owe $10 million, he could have agreed to a $10 million penalty or some such if another copy surfaces. A standard Settlement Agreement with an NDA and a CA 1542 release and Bob's your uncle.  Would take about ten minutes to draft, so this is my bet about why $900 was the first, last, and only payment.

• Love 3

I would never bring my kids to Hooters.  The food is terrible, for one, but the fact that the women wear tight shorts and tops is gross.  Of course my kids see way more skin on a summer day, I don't care if they see naked boobs and butts (nothing gross about bodies), but the fact that the woman are wearing these outfits (with the disgusting tan nylons) to put their bodies on display is what really makes me sick.  It is a misogynistic establishment, making money off women wearing tight clothes.  I don't see a lot of respect for women there.  Ick. 

I'll freely shed my Cool Girl pass and say that I'm just not into the segregation of gender activities. (dammit, there's no Ariana quote book.)

Yeah, not a Hooter's fan either. I don't give a crap about revealing outfits- and wear them myself quite frequently, but I don't show skin so that some corporation can make money off of me. I dress in revealing clothing for myself, not to make money off of or for anybody. It's just not my thing. To me it's depressing from a business end. A bunch of, I imagine, male higher-ups and CEOs making money off of women's bodies while opening a restaurant named after a derogatory term for a female body part. All while the manager tells the server to lose weight while serving the fattiest food around. I also cannot deal with the 80s vibe of the place. Eh. I'll pass on this culinary adventure. Don't care if others want to go, but its not my cup of tea. (And yes I'm aware that many companies make money off of they young female form, I am just explaining where I choose to spend my time/money.)

I have had a  previous job experience judging male bodies for corporate purposes, and I had to leave- I just couldn't do it. It's a harsh experience, especially for the just-turned-18-crowd they so covet. I just couldn't do it. There's a very gross demoralizing underbelly that usually comes with these gigs. ANYWHO, just my opinion only- not setting out to change anyone's or have mine be changed. Just not my thing.

Unfortunately, I knew that James would... do what he did (re:Link). He is a truly scary individual. Way scarier than Jax, IMO. Abusive and a date rapist- lovely combination.

LaLa- I can't. She ruins the show for me. It's like she's embarrassed to be with James, or she still wants the drug-dealers to know she's available- not sure. 

I'm pretty sure that I'm getting this episode and the next (or previous) one confused, so I'll stop there until I regain some footing.

Edited by Granimal

Yeah, going to a restaurant/bar to oggle the female employees never really appealed to me, so Hooters never interested me, but I'm curious about how Britany's family feels about it. I also wonder if she was already working at Hooters during that pathetic interview with successful restaurateur Lisa Vanderbucks b/c Britany didn't seem to try all that hard.

I did find the talk with Lisa/Stassi funny because Lisa was all, "Years ago, you were 22, I took you in and took care of you" and in Stassi's talking head, Stassi was like, "she gave me a job..?" which is the truth. I know, Lisa did end up paying Frank off but again, Stassi is kind of right in that apparently Lisa did it with cash and there is no record of it, so who's to say Frank won't change his mind about releasing it? I suppose he wouldn't now but who knows.

I love LVP, but Stasi had a point. She gave Stassi a job. Stassi owes her work, not a blood debt. Lisa does act like people should be eternally grateful for a waitressing job. I also got the impression that Stassi didn't want to pay Frank off at all, but maybe wanted to seek a legal remedy. Then Lisa paid him off behind Stassi's back with cash so there was no proof of blackmail. So...thanks?

I agree too. Giving money to Frank is essentially giving him what he wants. And you shouldn't give in to a blackmailer; and without any legal binding is kind of stupid.

The only thing Lisa can say she did OS feature Stassi on this show but they can't because it's a show and therefore breaking the illusion, the only thing Lisa can say is the job of being a Waiter and Stassi did that job. She doesn't owe her life to Lisa because of this.