Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

(edited)

Phyllis seeming younger than Victoria really is ridiculous and maybe bringing back Daniel will remedy that. Billy Miller was undeniably the best Billy but with GT as Phyllis and JT as Billy really its a crap-shoot who is supposed to be older: they both look vaguely 37. Billy Miller had a boyish look with a manly sexiness that worked well with Victoria--like he made her loosen up. Phyllis is actually supposed to be in the age bracket as Cricket (46ish I'd say). Her pairing with NICK was actually supposed to be (mildly) cradle-robbing back in the day. Billy even more so. Go with it, I say.

Sooooo.....the pics of Max Ehrich with his cock out are real then? Not photo-shopped? Damn.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 5

What should Victor's family be grateful for? I would reeeeaaally like to see that list, and no, EB, a few deviant sperms escaping from the Salem's Lot of your ballsack and into some unfortunate woman's uterus is nothing to be thankful for. 

It's hilarious to me that EB doesn't see Victor is a bad guy. Like what's the big hairy deal if Victor is a villain? Plenty of actors happily play the villain role without contorting themselves into salty pretzels to justify their character's douchebaggery. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  i really think eb sees himself as the heroic romantic lead so there is no way he is the villain.

Well,  to be fair, he can't see himself in a mirror. What with being undead and all.

• Love 14

Why is the show Twitter and CBS spamming so hard for Jason Thompson/Billy? I don't need like 10 tweets a day about how great a dad or family man he is and his sexiness. 

so thirsty and all it does is the opposite, causes people to point out his faults or the errors in the claims.

• Love 9

I'm talking about the character up there , case I was vague. 

I got like 2 tweets already today saying Billy is the best dad ever and such a standup family man. This is the guy who left dee on a dark country road alone with a skittish puppy she had history of chasing AND is banging his brother/surrogate dads wife. 

• Love 11

Wonder why they can't just cut their losses with the guy and let him go? Send Billy to the Hong Kong office for a year or so, or send him to a monastery in Tibet. I don't care, as long as he leaves.

Twitter is surely turning into a circle of hell. I just saw a tweet someone sent out about a celebrity whose name sounds like Mailer Gift and it made me stop breathing for a few seconds. Google celebrity's name and the word "sandwich". (I'm certainly not a fan of hers but that tweet went too far, IMO. Some people are sick and Twitter helps them share the depths of it with the world.)

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wonder why they can't just cut their losses with the guy and let him go? Send Billy to the Hong Kong office for a year or so, or send him to a monastery in Tibet. I don't care, as long as he leaves.

Twitter is surely turning into a circle of hell. I just saw a tweet someone sent out about a celebrity whose name sounds like Mailer Gift and it made me stop breathing for a few seconds. Google celebrity's name and the word "sandwich". (I'm certainly not a fan of hers but that tweet went too far, IMO. Some people are sick and Twitter helps them share the depths of it with the world.)

I know what you speak of, and the sandwich metaphor is pretty tame compared to the rest of the sandwich artist's blog.  So disturbing.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm talking about the character up there , case I was vague. 

I got like 2 tweets already today saying Billy is the best dad ever and such a standup family man. This is the guy who left dee on a dark country road alone with a skittish puppy she had history of chasing AND is banging his brother/surrogate dads wife. 

Yep, I've been having this same thought. If I just went by CBS social media, I would never know that Billy was screwing his brother's wife with no remorse.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I know it would be so easy to cut their losses with this character who is an asshole now and nothing like any of the other Billy's. He's not entertaining and sucking up too much airtime.

about social media I saw that meme. The ones that really bugged me the past few days was one where a teen girl had posted her happy excited prom pics on Facebook and someone sent them out/made them viral  and said some vicious body shaming stuff and encouraged strangers to comment. Then sent her the link. Her response was so sad. 

It's also hard when people post things abusing animals or bragging about it. I go off on them. These one guys tried to retailiate but tweeting a bunch how I'm "scary- look at her possessed eyes and her feed is all dogs!" That was actually compliment... I have intense eyes and loveeeee dogs? 

Also Twitter Yelp talk and Facebook has a lot of racist people posting nonsense and hate. 

• Love 6

i forgot to mention this earlier.

our old shaw cable box was becoming obsolete so we had to upgrade with them.  i was channel surfing and realized that IF i still watched y&r i could now watch it at 1:30 pst on the toronto global stn.. used to have to pay for those stn's before.

i miss show sometimes, at least when i remember how good it used to be.

• Love 5
(edited)
Spoiler

http://ktep.org/post/heres-who-will-be-speaking-donald-trumps-republican-convention

The Trump campaign must really be scraping when they give a soap actress who hasn't done anything in at least 18 years a speaking slot at the convention?!? What the hell!?

ETA: I mean, even though she is a Y&R villain legend she has little-to-no name recognition anywhere else and isn't known for any other role whatsoever. Even an Eric Braeden or Susan Lucci would raise skeptical eyebrows to be given speaking slots at a National Convention for one of the two major parties---this is fishing into complete obscurity. Perhaps she is a local delegate for the party who got lucky this year.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 8

Just a reminder that this is a politics free zone. So while this is weird news about the actress we don't want to get into comments about the convention itself or the candidate. 

Questions? PM me! :)

radishcake

(edited)
18 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Reveal hidden contents

http://ktep.org/post/heres-who-will-be-speaking-donald-trumps-republican-convention

The Trump campaign must really be scraping when they give a soap actress who hasn't done anything in at least 18 years a speaking slot at the convention?!? What the hell!?

ETA: I mean, even though she is a Y&R villain legend she has little-to-no name recognition anywhere else and isn't known for any other role whatsoever. Even an Eric Braeden or Susan Lucci would raise skeptical eyebrows to be given speaking slots at a National Convention for one of the two major parties---this is fishing into complete obscurity. Perhaps she is a local delegate for the party who got lucky this year.

Personally, I am in love with the idea that Nurse Sheila Carter has moved on to politics! She'll fit right in with the Washington crowd! (Does Paul still have that cage in his basement or does he need to build a new one?)

Edited by glowlights
I mean politics in general, y'all!
  • Love 6

Jason Thompson was on FB for a live chat today. Big trash avalanche for Philly but also JT himself. eeks. FB is interesting -- people are generally actual people and not hiding behind anon handles. But they were brutally honest (!)

I watched for a few minutes but it was kind of boring. He seemed to be handed "positive" questions on paper (so he wasn't in a position of having to respond to 'you suck'; much as I can't stand him in this role I wouldn't wish that on him). But I do hope show takes notice. Perhaps they may consider stopping the Philly/JT/GT CONSTANT media push?

He did at one point say something like "I get that a lot of people are having difficulty with the sleeping with your brother's wife story but that's what we do here" (then he grinned sheepishly). So it seems show is aware this is not a loved storyline. 

• Love 8

Oh, he definitely knows that the storyline is not well-received. I say this from just knowing how he's talked about stories, characters, pairings in the past. I think he's at a place where he realizes how mixed the audience is with him, the character of Billy, Villy, Philly, etc, like, it's all over the place. It's nothing he's ever experienced his whole time on soaps, lol.

It's hilarious how this show already has Billy and Chloe in scenes, though. They need to give Billy a damn rest. How many freaking storylines are they going to give him!? 

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, he definitely knows that the storyline is not well-received. I say this from just knowing how he's talked about stories, characters, pairings in the past. I think he's at a place where he realizes how mixed the audience is with him, the character of Billy, Villy, Philly, etc, like, it's all over the place. It's nothing he's ever experienced his whole time on soaps, lol.

It's hilarious how this show already has Billy and Chloe in scenes, though. They need to give Billy a damn rest. How many freaking storylines are they going to give him!? 

Interesting. I have never seen him interviewed for anything and the two or three print interviews have been "PHILLY ARE SO HOT AND FANS LOVE THEM" so I wondered if he was deluded, particularly since Twitter is so skewed with a few noisy fans. 

I'm happy when I read Billy is in scenes far away from Jack. Plus I loathe Chloe so whatever.

The Cane/Jill stuff is good IMO. Jack and Billy didn't traditionally move in the same circles. They would come together for family stuff but they had their own orbits. That's the way it should be. I always felt Jack/Victor etc. were a different age group anyways. I'm hoping Mal is moving away from them being all about the same woman and the same business stuff etc. Plus the affair reveal will kill their relationship for quite some time.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, miamama said:

Interesting. I have never seen him interviewed for anything and the two or three print interviews have been "PHILLY ARE SO HOT AND FANS LOVE THEM" so I wondered if he was deluded, particularly since Twitter is so skewed with a few noisy fans. 

I'm happy when I read Billy is in scenes far away from Jack. Plus I loathe Chloe so whatever.

I think he obvs sees positive Philly stuff on Twitter, but he also sees the very, very negative. And if he saw the REAL FB comments today...LOL. I'm just saying, he's no longer in a pairing where MOST fans love X. It's extremely mixed and he's too smart not to know that. There's a reason he was answering more about Chloe/EH than anyone else.

I don't have any deep feelings on Chloe. Always thought EH was overrated, though. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

How many freaking storylines are they going to give him!? 

As many as it takes to find something that fans respond positively too. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I think he obvs sees positive Philly stuff on Twitter, but he also sees the very, very negative. And if he saw the REAL FB comments today...LOL. I'm just saying, he's no longer in a pairing where MOST fans love X. It's extremely mixed and he's too smart not to know that. There's a reason he was answering more about Chloe/EH than anyone else.

I don't have any deep feelings on Chloe. Always thought EH was overrated, though. 

I liked EH on AMC in most of  her storylines with Bianca but on Y + R I've found her as grating and abrasive as her character.  Only in her short pairing with Chance did I sorta like her.  I'm not thrilled she's back, unless she's going to prepare Victor a single-serving of Rocky Mountain Oysters.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

There's a reason he was answering more about Chloe/EH than anyone else.

I think he was just trying to avoid the Philly vs Villy conversation. I did find it interesting he did say that "Victoria and the kids" were his family but this thing with Phyllis was about him being able to be himself. He also didn't make it sound like he filmed a lot with EH. 

I wonder how long the paternity issue will drag out.

So did anyone else notice how active Angelica McDaniel and Mal Young have been with fans in the past few days? They both basically confirmed Travis is coming back, old sets like the Newman Ranch will be returning soon as well. Angelica is all about Mal. His name also comes before Pratt. I do think Pratt is a goner. They not even hiding it.

• Love 11

unless she's going to prepare Victor a single-serving of Rocky Mountain Oysters.

But, but, those are considered a delicacy in some places...?

JT is like a plate of cold spaghetti at a table of two-year olds. They're apparently going to keep throwing him at the walls until he either sticks or the plate is empty.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

So did anyone else notice how active Angelica McDaniel and Mal Young have been with fans in the past few days? They both basically confirmed Travis is coming back, old sets like the Newman Ranch will be returning soon as well. Angelica is all about Mal. His name also comes before Pratt. I do think Pratt is a goner. They not even hiding it.

Angelica being active again is the biggest surprise. She had almost disappeared from Twitter for a year. She came out of hiding a while back to correct Giddens about Sharon killing Sage. She's obviously excited about having someone in place who takes notes. Let's see how long it lasts or whether the notes improve the show. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

I think he was just trying to avoid the Philly vs Villy conversation. 

That's exactly my point. If most of the audience loved Philly or Villy or whoever, he would talk and gush about that. But I think he knows how much the writing goes back-and-forth and that the audience has differing opinions on his character, and specifically, his multiple pairings.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
(edited)

I Think JT realizes that Billy has two pairings that people may or may not like and was just being nuetral to not alienate anyone. Most actors in that position do the same thing. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 3

I'm sure you're right, Diva but it's difficult to react to him rationally because (at least around here) we have a visceral and very real dislike of the character as portrayed by JT. We have had to sit still for JFP's pets being dragged over from GH and crammed into OUR show whether they were a good fit or not for years now and I think many of us have had it.  Brown Leather Sofa doing a quick stint in the interim wasn't universally accepted at first, but the actor had a least some humor and warmth and he was growing on us. I don't see that ever happening with JT.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm sure you're right, Diva but it's difficult to react to him rationally because (at least around here) we have a visceral and very real dislike of the character as portrayed by JT. We have had to sit still for JFP's pets being dragged over from GH and crammed into OUR show whether they were a good fit or not for years now and I think many of us have had it.  Brown Leather Sofa doing a quick stint in the interim wasn't universally accepted at first, but the actor had a least some humor and warmth and he was growing on us. I don't see that ever happening with JT.

I get it. I'm irrational about many things pertaining to Y&R. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DivaT said:

I thought that they didn't have the budget for sets. But obviously JFP did, she just chose not to use it. What was she saving it for? 

The problem she had both at Y&R and GH was with budget. She spent most of her budget on the sweeps stunts and that will limit what you can do with sets. I hope the Newman ranch is fixed because regardless of the reason for the changes, the new set is just ugly and the previous set was so iconic. 

Still, until I know who is replacing Chuck Pratt as headwriter, nothing Mal does matters to me. Who is chosen to take over the writing will determine how well he understands the needs of the show. They almost got Kay Alden back and turned her down for Chuck Pratt a proven failure. Whoever they announce we need to be excited off the bat. Either new blood or a proven established writer (or a combination of both), no more passing around writers who have failed on literally every show they've written.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, KnotsLanding said:

The problem she had both at Y&R and GH was with budget. She spent most of her budget on the sweeps stunts and that will limit what you can do with sets. I hope the Newman ranch is fixed because regardless of the reason for the changes, the new set is just ugly and the previous set was so iconic. 

Still, until I know who is replacing Chuck Pratt as headwriter, nothing Mal does matters to me. Who is chosen to take over the writing will determine how well he understands the needs of the show. They almost got Kay Alden back and turned her down for Chuck Pratt a proven failure. Whoever they announce we need to be excited off the bat. Either new blood or a proven established writer (or a combination of both), no more passing around writers who have failed on literally every show they've written.

So you're saying she was saving it for a sweeps event? Cause if Mal has money to bring out these sets, then she did too. Unless CBS gave him more scope. 

I think he was just trying to avoid the Philly vs Villy conversation. I did find it interesting he did say that "Victoria and the kids" were his family but this thing with Phyllis was about him being able to be himself. He also didn't make it sound like he filmed a lot with EH. 

That's true. He referred to his "family" and I thought he meant the Abbotts, but he meant Vicki and the kids. My husband never refers to his ex-wife as "his family" though they share a child. Even before we married and had kids she was his "ex" or "[child's name]'s mother".

Re: Philly/Villy: He can't give away story so he can't say much. But I see what HeatLifer means: he's not basking in the glory of a popular pairing. Villy fans are generally disgusted with Billy as well, so he can't count on their love.

I watched the interview and at the end he says something like "thanks for the support and to those of you who don't like me -- or aren't happy with me or something -- give me THREE MONTHS." That was weird. I've heard of saying "give me some time" but three months??? lol. Rather specific.

He talked about how Phyllis and Billy can be themselves and its easy and he likes playing that. This just speaks to the stupidity of this writing. Billy's attracted to the "ease" of being with Phyllis. But at the same time he says he can face the consequences of when the affair goes public and Phyllis dumps Jack for him? The tortuous relationship with Victoria would pale in comparison to the "stress" of his life when this shit hits the fan. Not to mention he knows Phyllis LOVES Jack, so there's divided loyalties (which is what he's always moaning about with Vicki). Still not seeing what is so attractive about Phyllis (and vice versa).

They really made a huge mistake turning this crap into "love." It just doesn't wash.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

I watched the interview and at the end he says something like "thanks for the support and to those of you who don't like me -- or aren't happy with me or something -- give me THREE MONTHS." That was weird. I've heard of saying "give me some time" but three months??? lol. Rather specific.

Is he on crack?  We've given him seven months, and he just keeps getting worse.  I was done with him after his first three minutes, but most of us were more generous than I was about giving him time to grow into the role.  Frankly, if he hasn't gelled by now, with just about the entire show revolving around him for seven months, it's never going to happen, imo.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Is he on crack?  We've given him seven months, and he just keeps getting worse.  I was done with him after his first three minutes, but most of us were more generous than I was about giving him time to grow into the role.  Frankly, if he hasn't gelled by now, with just about the entire show revolving around him for seven months, it's never going to happen, imo.

Gah. Has it been seven months???? It has, hasn't it? Yeah, dude, we'll give you close to a year before we judge you. That's fair. RME.

What I wonder, though, is if he has been made aware that show is going to work hard to de-assholify Billy over the next three months (hence the request for such a precise period of time). The writing tweaks -- such as he bought B&S to keep it safe for Vicki -- the scenes with him and the kids or him smiling around Vicki all point to someone realizing this morose, angry, narcissistic fuck isn't going over very well with viewers.

But in my view if they don't show this prick's concern for Jack -- and fast -- he has no hope. This Billy being all protective of Phyllis crap is the one part of all this stupidity that is the least credible. The Abbotts look out for their own. And they all historically felt Jack needed to be protected from Phyllis. To see Billy behave like this is laughably stupid. Affairs happen on soaps, stupid affairs happen, implausible, incestuous affairs happen, but a brother not giving ONE CRAP about his own blood like this is nonsense. And it makes Billy barely seem human let alone someone you could root for.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Gah. Has it been seven months???? It has, hasn't it? Yeah, dude, we'll give you close to a year before we judge you. That's fair. RME.

What I wonder, though, is if he has been made aware that show is going to work hard to de-assholify Billy over the next three months (hence the request for such a precise period of time). The writing tweaks -- such as he bought B&S to keep it safe for Vicki -- the scenes with him and the kids or him smiling around Vicki all point to someone realizing this morose, angry, narcissistic fuck isn't going over very well with viewers.

27 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

dear jt

it's not the writing..

signed

valleycliffe

Yeah, I think a de-assholification process is not a viable solution for somebody who never should have been given the role in the first place.  The morose, angry, narcissist is him.  Remember when he tried (and failed miserably) to play fun, light-hearted charmer Billy with that ill-advised re-creation of "Billy and Victoria Meet Cute" on St. Patrick's Day?  Thud.  And in those scenes last week with the kids, Cane had a better rapport with those kids and outshined him.  

I dunno...I know I've been sour on him since the get-go, and I get that the new regime may want to give him a chance to re-boot the character...But I really hope after this arbitary "three months", they just decide to cut their losses and send Billy to Hong Kong for a few months while they try to find a replacement who isn't completely insufferable.  

I endured calculus for three months, so I guess I can wait this out, too.  I have a feeling the result will be the same as my calculus grade!

• Love 10

Agree with you both. Complete miscast and an actor with no charm and limited skill. 

I would love to see him go but with JH getting a prime time gig, I fear they won't push out someone in that age range too hastily.

• Love 5
On 7/16/2016 at 11:39 PM, DivaT said:

So you're saying she was saving it for a sweeps event? Cause if Mal has money to bring out these sets, then she did too. Unless CBS gave him more scope. 

It depends on what you want to spend the money on. She's notorious for always being expensive not only in salary, but in how she spends. On any show she goes on she wants to remake all the sets to her liking, plus bringing on lots of her friends and then her huge sweeps stunts. That's expensive. Yes they're having to spend money to reverse the sets, but they're also saving if they don't rely so heavily on big stunts like Jill does. 

• Love 5