Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Basically I think Jack and Hillary could be the new John and Jill (only I want them to last). Is Jack supposed to be older than John when Billy was born? Because if he's at the same age they could totally have Jack in the same position as John in having a late life kid and being reluctant about it only to come around when the kid finally arrives. And it works for a story for Hillary in that she's clawing like Jill in obtaining power and legacy for herself and her child through Jabot. Billy will hate her for Phyllis' behalf and Jill and Ashley already have a beef with her. She'd have an uphill battle but it would be great to watch her aim high and maneuver around them.

I know Jack is getting too old for baby stories, but my dream is for him to finally have a kid he gets to raise with his baby momma and I feel like Hillary would actually be a great young matriarch of a fresh branch of the Abbott family. Phyllis would be hit hard that she never birthed Jack a baby and was supplanted by Hillary. Preferably Hillary and Jack would have a daughter who would be the apple of her father's eye and have the guts and brains of her mother and basically be the heir apparent to Jabot that Billy, Kyle, and Abby have shown themselves not to be. Add in that once she's SORASED little girl Abbott could be paired with a SORASED Connor (Victor's grandson! The horror!) while battling her cousins Johnny and Katherine (Billy's kids) for Jabot.

This would sooo work. Jack is no older than EB when Abby was born. In fact he's about the age he was (and looks far younger). So with the kid SORASing almost immediately, even to a 10-year-old, Jack could get his own lovely daughter to dote on (PB would be so beautiful with his little daughter.). And a mixed race Abbott child running around that house!

Hilary has tons of story with Ashley already. They have a fun dynamic. I'd like her less nasty and Jack more sharp however. Don't want him to be good John Abbott. He was never that. And she has no longings for the Newmans. ugh.

Yup. Jill Abbott 2.0 here we come....(I hope)

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I hate it when they do that. The Graduate: Anne Bancroft was only six years older than Dustin Hoffman. Yet we were supposed to believe that he was a wide eyed college grad and she was a predatory, much older woman. I will say they did a good job of selling it. I would never have guessed that they were the same generation. But I still hate it.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh crap MM, "this video is not available"

Ack. Try googling Amy Schumer and "Last Fuckable Day"

It's brilliant and speaks to how women are treated in Hollywood after a "certain age." lol.

• Love 1

Hilary's still got a damned long way to go before she's anywhere on the same plane of existence as Jill, but that's me.  I think I'd feel better about it/her if it wasn't seemingly coming at Jack's expense...again.  But I digress.

1 hour ago, glowlights said:

A thousand time THIS! GC is supposed to be a cosmopolitan city, home to multinational conglomerates and world-famous fashion designers, but the population is strictly white Christian heterosexual, except when they trot out the Winters, all of whom are pathetic, poorly written (and poorly cast in the case of Devonne) excuses for characters imo. It's just bad. If they want GC to be a whitebread Wisconsin backwater then fine, but they can't have it both ways. And you're absolutely right - there's no reason auxiliary characters can't be persons of color. GC should look more like Chicago imo. /soapbox

This, unfortunately, is more of a genre-level failing at this point.  Part of it, to be fair, is simply focus multiplied by time--the original soap families, pretty much everywhere, were after all overwhelmingly white and Catholic.  But that absolutely doesn't mean we can't get more variety outside of those circles than we do now...they could pull a Miguel with Victoria's never-seen secretary (or, God forbid, the equally invisible Mrs. Martinez) and bring on someone new to pop up every two lunar cycles or so.  Paul could have a new secretary/assistant, or Christine.  Hell, bring in Brenda Song once a month as a chirpy barista at Crimson Lights.

(TBH, though?  While the POC argument is all too valid, Y&R is suffering from such a dearth of auxiliary characters--and I'm including extras here--that I just want to see someone in the background doing some damn thing.  Any damn thing.)

• Love 4
(edited)

Ratings the Week of June 13-17

So there were pre-emptions in some areas (I think the Orlando shootings on the Monday and Tuesday) and that can be a big factor apparently but LOOK at those numbers. They were comfortably over 5 million viewers during Pratt's first sweeps month (when viewers gave him a chance).

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,280,000 (-412,000/-602,000)

Edited by miamama
added link
  • Love 8

CBS SID has a teaser on the cover about a "fan favorite" leaving.  I was in a hurry at the grocery store and didn't have time to see who it was (shame was also a factor).  Any ideas who they're talking about? 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

CBS SID has a teaser on the cover about a "fan favorite" leaving.  I was in a hurry at the grocery store and didn't have time to see who it was (shame was also a factor).  Any ideas who they're talking about? 

i just read it and it's michael e knight, dr. neville.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think everything on the cover was YR related.  Victor is on the cover, they mention the BTS changes, and the fan favorite thing is underneath that.  

Edited by Snaporaz
clarification
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 6:19 PM, Petunia13 said:

max enrich / Fenmore Twitter has some recent pics (modeling and candids) and  woooo his body is out of control right now ? The abs are sick and arms chiseled, and cute butt. His face even looks a bit more manly the cheekbones and eyes stand out more. I think he is the spokesmodel for another brand beside top shop and has had a few fashion magazine spreads and gq pics. 

I would have been happy to be stuck Under the Dome with him :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

CBS SID has a teaser on the cover about a "fan favorite" leaving.  I was in a hurry at the grocery store and didn't have time to see who it was (shame was also a factor).

Lmao cause it's sooo true.  Thank FUCK for this forum where we all can hide in the daylight,  free of shame and scorn.  

A sub-forum for the self loathing wouldn't go amiss though.   heeeeeee

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I would have been happy to be stuck Under the Dome with him :)

Same here. I couldn't believe that was the same actor. Even though I knew he was coming on the show, it still took me a few minutes to recognize him. Just more proof that the Y&R Hair and Make-up department have really gone down in quality.

And sadly, part of me misses that UtD isn't returning this summer. It was a terrible show but I enjoyed laughing at how hilariously bad it was (sex goo!) and reading the forum. Like I do this show..

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, klopek said:

Lmao cause it's sooo true.  Thank FUCK for this forum where we all can hide in the daylight,  free of shame and scorn.  

A sub-forum for the self loathing wouldn't go amiss though.   heeeeeee

yup. this show is my secret guilty non-pleasure.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh, I used to like to just put the copy of SOD inside something like Vanity Fair. Now I no longer give a shit.

• Love 6

HK's little sister and the young actress who plays the substitute Faith are in the new Independence Day movie. They play sisters and there's a rather pointed moment where HK's sister says something about having faith (while they're in the middle of an alien attack on Area 51). The camera immediately goes to OtherFaith. Now, it was a cute reference for people who happen to have been watching Y&R during the past couple of years, and who also knew that the first actress is HK's sister. But come on, were Y&R fans expected to turn out in droves for this movie? And why would they necessarily? Weird.

• Love 5
(edited)

Whoa, I just saw Camryn Grimes playing a stripper/hooker on Animal Kingdom. She had a sex scene but you could tell from a distance that she was wearing nude-colored coverings over the naughty bits. Our little Cassie has definitely grown up!

(Animal Kingdom is a  new TNT show about a California family of surfing gangsters led by a mother who makes Victor Newman look like a boy scout.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, I just saw Camryn Grimes playing a stripper/hooker on Animal Kingdom. She had a sex scene but you could tell from a distance that she was wearing nude-colored coverings over the naughty bits. Our little Cassie has definitely grown up!

(Animal Kingdom is a  new TNT show about a California family of surfing gangsters led by a mother who makes Victor Newman look like a boy scout.)

Yikes! You know, I was really looking forward to that show, but after the first episode I was out. Too nasty for me and I'm a fan of American Horror Story FFS.

• Love 2

And the tv show is pretty tame compared to the movie it's based upon!

That movie was something else.  I can't say I enjoyed it, exactly, but I won't forget it.

• Love 3

And the tv show is pretty tame compared to the movie it's based upon!

That movie was something else.  I can't say I enjoyed it, exactly, but I won't forget it.

I was surprised to see Camryn appear as the stripper, was not expecting little Cassie to appear in that show. lol She did great with the scene showing how uncomfortable it was with Pope and her facial expressions.

(edited)

So Judy Blye Wilson has "quit" her job as casting director, a job she's glad since 2012.  Seems that MY may have started some behind-the-scenes house cleaning.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I'm sure that casting director was fired. JFP was running roughshod over her anyway. I can't think of a single person that the casting director probably hired besides Mishael Morgan. Everyone else that came on was a direct hire via JFP. Michael Roark and day players might be the other exceptions. 

• Love 5

Jess Walton is in the latest issue of TV Guide. She's coming back July 11, and the have an interview with her. There's a picture with her, Victoria, and Buttbiscuit looking like the Grim Reaper. She said she didn't feel appreciated at Y and R at one time, but she likes to visit now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jill steals Brash and Sassy to reunite Villy. 

• Love 7

I guess they're giving up on trying to pretend like Phyllis and Billy are the same age? Phyllis really should be closer to Victoria's age and Victoria is supposed to be about 10 years older than Billy. Having a Billy who looks as old as this one does makes Victoria seem older to me, and I'm thinking that wasn't the desired intent. She definitely looks older than Travis, IMO. Maybe they should bring in a guy closer to Jack's age for her, hah, hah.

• Love 2
(edited)

What an interesting surprise to be watching the 2011 movie Hysteria and see Kate Linder (Esther) in a small role. She played a 19th century British lady and I think she only had a couple of lines.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I guess they're giving up on trying to pretend like Phyllis and Billy are the same age? Phyllis really should be closer to Victoria's age and Victoria is supposed to be about 10 years older than Billy. Having a Billy who looks as old as this one does makes Victoria seem older to me, and I'm thinking that wasn't the desired intent. She definitely looks older than Travis, IMO. Maybe they should bring in a guy closer to Jack's age for her, hah, hah.

I think this JT looks older than Burgess Jenkins. Besides the skin and features I think it's his facial EXPRESSIONS and posture. BJ had a twinkle in his eye and smile and he had a strong back. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What an interesting surprise to be watching the 2011 movie Hysteria and see Kate Linder (Esther) in a small role. She played a 19th century British lady and I think she only had a couple of lines.

I know Esther is a ding-a-ling, but I've always had a soft spot for Kate Linder.  She seems to have a great attitude about life.  If I remember correctly, she kept her job as a flight attendant even during the time when Esther was on a lot.  She said she didn't really need the money since Y&R paid well, but she just enjoyed the job.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think this JT looks older than Burgess Jenkins. Besides the skin and features I think it's his facial EXPRESSIONS and posture. BJ had a twinkle in his eye and smile and he had a strong back. 

In the scene where SyPhillis ran into Jack's arms at the GCAC club and the shot panned to JT, I was struck by what a strong brow line he had over his eyes.  He looked a little like a neanderthal.  I think part of it was the lighting, which seemed to cast a bit of a shadow.  I swear his face wasn't like that on GH.  I didn't seem to notice it then.  

• Love 3

Max Ehrich / Fenmore is now also the spokesmodel for a male underwear line, in addition to him being the lead model for TopShop men and some other brand.  Poor dear is getting harassed all over social media for nudes and comments about his dick.

His followers on Twitter are more than all of the Y&R leads combined.

I see him becoming the next Matt Bomer or something. A guy who was on soaps and kinda dismissed by the show runners. And making a name for himself in other roles, music, and just going from cute to gorgeous as he ages. His body is ridiculously amazing right now and his face has really developed into a very compelling lines and dramatic features. I know this was superficial or trivial gossip, but still for me more interesting, even as passing thought, than the show. 

• Love 4

Ratings Report for the Week of June 27 – July 1, 2016

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,572,000 (-23,000/-378,000)

Y&R
Monday: 3.46/4,670,000
Tuesday: 3.38/4,682,000
Wednesday: 3.24/4,548,000
Thursday: 3.18/4,469,000
Friday: 3.15/4,492,000

June 30th (Thursday) was the start of July sweeps and the whole Phyllis LOVES Billy and Victor and Ian spar DRAMA.  

As ratings prove, viewers don't give a shit. But viewers have not been giving a shit since late August 2015.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Max Ehrich / Fenmore is now also the spokesmodel for a male underwear line, 

Is that why he's always posting naked pics of himself on social media? I thought he was a  exhibitionist or some thing. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Max Ehrich / Fenmore is now also the spokesmodel for a male underwear line, in addition to him being the lead model for TopShop men and some other brand.  Poor dear is getting harassed all over social media for nudes and comments about his dick.

His followers on Twitter are more than all of the Y&R leads combined.

I see him becoming the next Matt Bomer or something. A guy who was on soaps and kinda dismissed by the show runners. And making a name for himself in other roles, music, and just going from cute to gorgeous as he ages. His body is ridiculously amazing right now and his face has really developed into a very compelling lines and dramatic features. I know this was superficial or trivial gossip, but still for me more interesting, even as passing thought, than the show. 

This all makes him much more interesting than he was on Y&R.

And I'm all for gratuitous nudity.  Makes my subway rides much more interesting.

• Love 5

Phyllis and icky are both older than Billy.. but this Phyllis does not look older.. Icky looks quite a bit older.. she looks like she is babysitting Travis..

• Love 1