Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

AH and MR did a twitter chat. No spoilers but AH did say there is a new Katie coming soon. Probably more family time for Billy to balance out his trifling nonsense. 

I hope the new Katie kicks dear ole daddy square in the balls for his remodel of the her namesake's mansion.

• Love 8

Yeah when he rambles on about "Billy" it's total garbage. But that stuff about Phyllis and too fucking bad for Jack, that's what the script says. So I can't blame him for that. 

Also, Phyllis is no "girl."

I can't bring myself to click the link because.I.Fucking.Hate.Him.  

I had to skim for the same reason.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

He said something really weird in an interview before about his interpretation of the show and his character. I feel like he's never seen Y&R before he got this part. 

I doubt JFP or Chuckie Prattfail did as well. 

I didn't dislike JT when he was on GH, but I find it hard to remember why I liked him when I see his Billy now.  I think it's because JT thinks he's finally getting a chance to be a lead and because of all the favored/slanted writing is because his Billy is to be perceived as the winner in this "triangle."  Maybe JFP blew smoke up his backside telling him that and he bought it. 

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

I doubt JFP or Chuckie Prattfail did as well. 

I didn't dislike JT when he was on GH, but I find it hard to remember why I liked him when I see his Billy now.  I think it's because JT thinks he's finally getting a chance to be a lead and because of all the favored/slanted writing is because his Billy is to be perceived as the winner in this "triangle."  Maybe JFP blew smoke up his backside telling him that and he bought it. 

Based on what I see on my screen, this is what I believe as well.

I find the whole "dark, edgy" Billy comments ridiculous. I don't even think Billy was ever all that complex. He was grieving and then enraged because of Adam-Delia. Before that he was a loveable screw up. And at his core that is what he continued to be IMO (even after Delia/Adam). A spoiled, indulged, naughty rich boy with a heart of gold who got away with everything with a bat of his eyes. 

It's almost like JT has mixed up Billy with Adam. And especially MM's Adam. Right down to the dark clothes, constant misery and whisky in his hand at all times.

• Love 11

No he wasn't dark or complex. Billy was a lighthearted guy. Boyish and goofy. Even after Delia he would have reacted as he did in the past when processing stress or doubt by being self destructive & insecure, not actively being hateful or ruining others lives with that sense of entitlement. He is smug and a bit swarmy now. And behaving almost like Christian Troy, except JT is no Julian McMahon in his prime and this show is Y&R, not Nip/Tuck ok. He and Phyllis had zero attraction or respect for each other for years; in the manner not like a hate attraction but, just "that person is so alien to me. What is that thing and why would someone intentionally chose them?" kinda way. And Billy never had these mogul aspirations or wannabe baller goals. I am speaking as a long time Billy and Phyllis fan on how stupid this crap is. 

Now I realize JT doesn't write this shit. However he knows who is running it and if they have a tendency to prop in a stupid ass contrived obsessive manner. And he could have looked into the role and history and balance for with what she promised. Because it's his integrity and career too and what he has to emote & sell each day. Also he so terribly miscast for Billy just looks and acting choices wise. It'd be like Cameron Matheson come in as JT or Crystal Hunt the new Mac. jmho 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

No he wasn't dark or complex. Billy was a lighthearted guy. Boyish and goofy. Even after Delia he would have reacted as he did in the past when processing stress or doubt by being self destructive & insecure, not actively being hateful or ruining others lives with that sense of entitlement. He is smug and a bit swarmy now. And behaving almost like Christian Troy, except JT is no Julian McMahon in his prime and this show is Y&R, not Nip/Tuck ok. He and Phyllis had zero attraction or respect for each other for years; in the manner not like a hate attraction but, just "that person is so alien to me. What is that thing and why would someone intentionally chose them?" kinda way. And Billy never had these mogul aspirations or wannabe baller goals. I am speaking as a long time Billy and Phyllis fan on how stupid this crap is. 

Now I realize JT doesn't write this shit. However he knows who is running it and if they have a tendency to prop in a stupid ass contrived obsessive manner. And he could have looked into the role and history and balance for with what she promised. Because it's his integrity and career too and what he has to emote & sell each day. Also he so terribly miscast for Billy just looks and acting choices wise. It'd be like Cameron Matheson come in as JT or Crystal Hunt the new Mac. jmho 

Yup. Agree with all. What makes it worse is he's working with GT who likewise is a newbie. Their comments in SOD were very weird. I just read bits and pieces (I don't have the mag) but the things they said made it clear they don't know their characters. They are just talking about two random people who have fallen into this love story/affair. Which is how the writers are treating it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, miamama said:

Based on what I see on my screen, this is what I believe as well.

I find the whole "dark, edgy" Billy comments ridiculous. I don't even think Billy was ever all that complex. He was grieving and then enraged because of Adam-Delia. Before that he was a loveable screw up. And at his core that is what he continued to be IMO (even after Delia/Adam). A spoiled, indulged, naughty rich boy with a heart of gold who got away with everything with a bat of his eyes. 

It's almost like JT has mixed up Billy with Adam. And especially MM's Adam. Right down to the dark clothes, constant misery and whisky in his hand at all times.

In yesterday's episode they had three women parading in and out of Billy's home.  The show started with Bethany and just as she was leaving sister Tori shows up.  Then after she departs the sister-in-law appears, right on time, to be serviced by Billy's (apparently) epic peepee.  It was like Billy was holding court at his home and these women were being given an audience with him.  One departs and the next one is shown in.  It does seem, to me, that JT is playing this like MM's Adam used to do.  The tortured soul that never gets happiness but now is trying to grasp the brass ring with sissy-in-law's vagina providing the motivation.  

• Love 9

Excellent point. He knows BM from GH, right? Maybe BM gave him some "pointers" lol.

• Love 1

from yr insider twitter page:

Young & The Restless ‏@YRInsider  38m38 minutes ago

"Some call it forgery, I call it genius." - Victor Newman, patron of the arts. @EBraeden #YR

7 retweets20 likes

i like to call it BLECH..

• Love 6

Because that's exactly what JFP's done. It's what she always intended. She wanted JT from the jump and she wanted him to play Adam. I am fully convinced that JT was who JFP was referring to when she told ML or whomever that "she already had someone in mind [for the role of Adam when MM was canned]." Since he wasn't available, she picked JH and recreated the role of Adam to accommodate the actor's personality, and the same holds true for the role of Billy, which she's now flipped into Adam Dark and Brooding (except a TOTAL slug now) to suit the recast, rather than the recast actually like, you know, trying to get the right actor in the role to play the damn character as already well-established and well-accepted (for the most part). What a disaster.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Because that's exactly what JFP's done. It's what she always intended. She wanted JT from the jump and she wanted him to play Adam. I am fully convinced that JT was who JFP was referring to when she told ML or whomever that "she already had someone in mind [for the role of Adam when MM was canned]." Since he wasn't available, she picked JH and recreated the role of Adam to accommodate the actor's personality, and the same holds true for the role of Billy, which she's now flipped into Adam Dark and Brooding (except a TOTAL slug now) to suit the recast, rather than the recast actually like, you know, trying to get the right actor in the role to play the damn character as already well-established and well-accepted (for the most part). What a disaster.

hmm interesting.

JH would have actually been a marvellous Billy. He has the charm, the good looks, the playfulness, the rapport with PB. ugh. A disaster indeed.

JT needs to just go away.

• Love 9

No he wasn't dark or complex. Billy was a lighthearted guy.

The death of a child does that to lots of people.. I get the change.. and I love that JT said that Billy loves Phyllis.. YAY

has anyone seen this?

Chris McKenna @ChrisLMcKenna
@MilesGastonV looks like I'll be seeing you tomorrow, buddy. Shhhhhhhhhhh

i got this from a different forum and they don't have any idea if it relates to y&r or maybe a different project he and miles are doing..

(edited)

From SOD, and interesting development:

Y&R is seeking two actors for new roles. One is Lucinda, an African-American woman in her late 60s/early 70s who is looking to make peace with her past. The second is Ellis, an African-American man in his late 60s/early 70s who has drifted away from his family and is hoping to right the wrongs of the past. The duo is expected to start shooting in late July.

Guess someone at Y&R heard how well Mr. and Mrs. Avant have been received over on B&B? Whatever, I hope these two characters won't get sucked into the Winters extended family vortex but that may be too much to wish for. Perhaps their arrival might take some of the pressure off Neil. AFAIC, that guy just needs to go sit down somewhere and shut up.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

Yea. It's always had decent ratings but I never watched it. I think premise wasn't original enough for me. There's a new soap coming called Queen of the South that looks good. It would be nice to watch a show that considers women intelligent and has writers that think. Anyhoo  

max enrich / Fenmore Twitter has some recent pics (modeling and candids) and  woooo his body is out of control right now ? The abs are sick and arms chiseled, and cute butt. His face even looks a bit more manly the cheekbones and eyes stand out more. I think he is the spokesmodel for another brand beside top shop and has had a few fashion magazine spreads and gq pics. 

• Love 1
(edited)

He has a big following on Twitter - over 500k followers! I just scrolled through his pics, and there's one of him with the actor who plays Titus Andromedon on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Edited by Capricasix

I would have posted a pic or gif but I can't post pics on this site now (it always says I hit my limit. And that it's too big when sometimes it's the same gif or pic I posted like a wk before without issue?)

Yes he had a pic with some indie actress that's popular a bit back and aome with musicians and producers. 

there has been no announcement or buzz further that Pratt was shitcanned. 

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe they'll be Hilary's long lost grandparents who will sue the fuck out of everybody involved with coma juice.

I do think they'll be tied to Hilary. The Winters are blah and I've been waiting for a writing regime to invest in a solid AA family. JG tried with Tyler and Leslie, I suppose. But then immediately put them with Neil/Lily.

The key will be to keep these people out of the Winters vortex.

• Love 8
(edited)

The key will be to keep these people out of the Winters vortex.

And you know THAT won't be happening. Welcome to Winters Island. It's just across the beach from Lost Cove. I wonder what positions Devyawn will be hiring them to man at the GCAC.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3
(edited)

Has there been any confirmation that Pratt has been fired?  I think the rumors were started by the same person who started the JFP rumors, so we just accepted it as reliable.  But I don't remember hearing anything certain.

Edited by Snaporaz
damn tablet keyboard
28 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Has there been any confirmation that Pratt has been fired?  I think the rumors were started by the same person who started the JFP rumors, so we just accepted it as reliable.  But I don't remember hearing anything certain.

No. Not confirmed. There was a counter rumour (I think I posted it upthread awhile ago) from someone who appears to have a legit source saying Bedford--the guy you are alluding to I think--was misinformed and that Pratt had not been fired yet. She said show is still looking for a HW and Pratt has a contract until fall.

That seems to be the case. Pratt is still being quoted in soap mags about storyline and so his scripts at the least are playing out. And he is listed in credits.

• Love 3

That woman will be married to Neil within six months of arriving. 

Maybe not. I've seen a lot of spumors that they'll be either Neil or Dru's parents. The latter seems like a long-shot to me because what would be the point unless they're bringing Dru back? Meanwhile, it's interesting that the male character is named Ellis and Ellis is Neil's middle name (according to his profile on Soap Central.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

In any case, according to Jamey Giddens, show is going to use Pratt's already written scripts. So you figure they film four weeks in advance. The scripts need to be ready I would think a month (or more, I'm just guessing) before that to prepare production (sets, wardrobe etc.) and book actors.

We have a fair bit of Pratt's garbage for awhile.

Honestly, that's why I'm prepared for more JT-pushing for the next few months. Pratt's scripts would have reflected JFP's desires. 

• Love 3

If this Ellis and Lucinda were younger characters, I'd seriously consider them likely to come in unrelated to anyone on the canvas--CP/JFP are okay with that, albeit prior to immediately tractor-beaming their newbies to established, however tenuously, characters.  But if they're meant to be the upside of middle-aged...temporal mechanics aside...making them Neil's parents might be pushing it (but, that said: in the thirteen years I've been watching this show I've never seen Neil mention his parents).  More likely they'll indeed be tied to Hilary in some sort of sympathy jag.

And having said all that: if this is CP/JFP having gone "Wow, B&B did okay with Julius and Vivienne Avant...why can't we do that?"  B&B also lucked out in scoring Obba Babatunde and Anna Maria Horsford, and have--so far--managed not to screw it up.  I'm just going to say this: better Y&R writers than Pratt got Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan and still managed to screw it up.  Buuuut......where's Lorraine Toussaint at?

• Love 5

These hires are under Mal Young apparently, so nothing to do with CP/JFP. That's a good sign to begin with.

My sense is they are going to expand Hilary's family. I think Neil has been done to death. They've tried a lot with this guy and they always end up either having him fuck his sister-in-law or drunk.

I actually don't mind him with Nikki, amazingly.

All in all, though, it's HIGH time Y&R focused on an AA family. But what I have never understood is why when they bring on "random hot chick" or "teenage bestie" they can't bring actresses of colour. The pointless Bethany character could have been Asian. Barbie cop didn't need to be a blonde blue eyed and could have been black. It's really disturbing when I see cast photos of this show and they are so white. It isn't a reflection of population any more. 

It's not that HARD, show.

I think that's why I want HiJack. PB and MM had a sweet chemistry from the get go. He's one of the show's top players and a big story with him will give her importance that an AA character has not had since Dru. The thing is, had she been white, she'd not have been tossed in with Devon and Neil. She would have been integrated with Abbotts and Newman. And that's just messed up.

Mal should hire a HW who is a woman of colour. 

All this said, I think Victoria Rowell is a nut. And I wish she'd go away because she undermines the basis of a very real issue with her nonsensical ramblings.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, miamama said:

These hires are under Mal Young apparently, so nothing to do with CP/JFP. That's a good sign to begin with.

My sense is they are going to expand Hilary's family. I think Neil has been done to death. They've tried a lot with this guy and they always end up either having him fuck his sister-in-law or drunk.

I actually don't mind him with Nikki, amazingly.

All in all, though, it's HIGH time Y&R focused on an AA family. But what I have never understood is why when they bring on "random hot chick" or "teenage bestie" they can't bring actresses of colour. The pointless Bethany character could have been Asian. Barbie cop didn't need to be a blonde blue eyed and could have been black. It's really disturbing when I see cast photos of this show and they are so white. It isn't a reflection of population any more. 

I think that's why I want HiJack. PB and MM had a sweet chemistry from the get go. He's one of the show's top players and a big story with him will give her importance that an AA character has not had since Dru. The thing is, had she been white, she'd not have been tossed in with Devon and Neil. She would have been integrated with Abbotts and Newman. And that's just messed up.

Mal should hire a HW who is a woman of colour. 

All this said, I think Victoria Rowell is a nut. And I wish she'd go away because she undermines the basis of a very real issue with her nonsensical ramblings.

That's another thing I can say about Eastenders.  Lack of diversity never seemed to be an issue.  The population of Albert Square looked like a microcosm of the population of London as a whole.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Lorraine Toussaint is on a show called Rosewood now - she plays the mother of Morris Chestnut's character, even though she's only a few years older than him!

I hate it when they do that. The Graduate: Anne Bancroft was only six years older than Dustin Hoffman. Yet we were supposed to believe that he was a wide eyed college grad and she was a predatory, much older woman. I will say they did a good job of selling it. I would never have guessed that they were the same generation. But I still hate it.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, miamama said:

I think that's why I want HiJack. PB and MM had a sweet chemistry from the get go. He's one of the show's top players and a big story with him will give her importance that an AA character has not had since Dru.

Basically I think Jack and Hillary could be the new John and Jill (only I want them to last). Is Jack supposed to be older than John when Billy was born? Because if he's at the same age they could totally have Jack in the same position as John in having a late life kid and being reluctant about it only to come around when the kid finally arrives. And it works for a story for Hillary in that she's clawing like Jill in obtaining power and legacy for herself and her child through Jabot. Billy will hate her for Phyllis' behalf and Jill and Ashley already have a beef with her. She'd have an uphill battle but it would be great to watch her aim high and maneuver around them.

I know Jack is getting too old for baby stories, but my dream is for him to finally have a kid he gets to raise with his baby momma and I feel like Hillary would actually be a great young matriarch of a fresh branch of the Abbott family. Phyllis would be hit hard that she never birthed Jack a baby and was supplanted by Hillary. Preferably Hillary and Jack would have a daughter who would be the apple of her father's eye and have the guts and brains of her mother and basically be the heir apparent to Jabot that Billy, Kyle, and Abby have shown themselves not to be. Add in that once she's SORASED little girl Abbott could be paired with a SORASED Connor (Victor's grandson! The horror!) while battling her cousins Johnny and Katherine (Billy's kids) for Jabot.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, miamama said:

A thousand time THIS! GC is supposed to be a cosmopolitan city, home to multinational conglomerates and world-famous fashion designers, but the population is strictly white Christian heterosexual, except when they trot out the Winters, all of whom are pathetic, poorly written (and poorly cast in the case of Devonne) excuses for characters imo. It's just bad. If they want GC to be a whitebread Wisconsin backwater then fine, but they can't have it both ways. And you're absolutely right - there's no reason auxiliary characters can't be persons of color. GC should look more like Chicago imo. /soapbox

• Love 11