Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

(edited)

HK did NOT win?!?  How is this possible?  Has she run out of virgins to feed to her Undeserved Success Demon?

Edited by Snaporaz
i type too fast
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

HK did NOT win?!?  How is this possible?  Has she run out of virgins to feed to her Undeserved Success Demon?

Was there an Outstanding Mammalian Attributes Award that I overlooked?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

After Y&R had so many nominations, and one win for a character that hasn't been on in nearly a year, how can the shit not hit the fan and smack Ferret Phelps and Pratt in the face?  CBS cannot be happy with both the ratings and now the lack of Emmys.   One can only hope for some major changes in both the bosses and scripts.  

No, the couldn't/can't be happy - about a lot of things, but I'm guessing the drop in the ratings is most worrisome for them. Well, that and the total disdain and lack of respect both JFP and Pratt have demonstrated with their stunt autonomous decision-making. Actually, I suspect the meaningless (sad to say) Emmys is the least of their concerns now. I think it would have been one thing for them had they just been muddling over what the ratings are doing, but couple that with Pratt's budget-blowing Busby Berkeley extravaganza "sure to be a ratings lollapalooza!"  fiasco, and it's no reason CBS only signed off on a one-year extension of the production agreement with Sony. I'm sort of waiting to hear what tea Jamey Giddens is willing to spill about this - if anything (and I'm also wondering if he has any more bits and pieces of BTS shit involving their recent casting/un-casting choices, especially insofar as KS was concerned, which is surprisingly not something I really thought would happen, nor necessarily was hoping would happen notwithstanding the character's relationship with JM). Going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if CBS has already made a decision that this will be the final year it allows JFP and Pratt to run amok, and the stated year-long extension is more about them than the show in general. At least (I think) I hope this is the case. I guess it could have boiled down simply to the fact that it didn't really know what it would put in the hour-long slot Y&R would vacate in its absence. I think even they realize that two hours of The Talk would grate on even the most patient persons nerves after a time.

I think the shots have grown incensed at JFP's, and now Pratt's, continued lack of respect for their network bosses. The very fact that AMcD is now on Twitter adding to the anger and shade being cast on the Chancellor Disaster (it's like the Hindenburg, except it didn't blow up in a hydrogen cloud except we all wished it would happen).  But that set, it's right up there with the worst of JFP's Hall of Infamy, along with letting BM go (and let's face it folks, she basically fired him when she refused to work with him on his contract requests), firing MM for "alleged" improprieties, bringing square peg JT to take over the show (guess SBu's lost his luster for her by now), and on an on. All of this has been pretty tumultuous in the relatively short while JFP and now Pratt have been helming this show, with virtually nothing to show for their so-called work except blown budgets, worsening ratings and more disgruntled fans.

Unlike B&B, CBS has no remaining affection or sense of loyalty to Sony or JFP, and I suspect especially for Pratt. The Bells and CBS had a multi-decade relationship that was built of mutual respect, partnership and success, along with staunch viewer loyalty, and they must continue to have some residual affection to Brad Bell at that show (and the fact that B&B fills only a 30-minute slot with lower production costs can't hurt). I don't know whether they're planning to pull the plug on Y&R or not, but it certainly wouldn't come as a surprise if they were mulling that decision now, especially in light of how things are going, and wouldn't come as a surprise if the do make that decision. After all, "its just business", as TGVN would say.

• Love 4

so, i am wondering if there will be a "staff meeting" at cbs to talk about y&r only winning the emmy for best supporting actress and that the actress who won doesn't even work there anymore..hopefully, also at the meeting, they can talk about #sageisdeadparty trending on the actress and character they ruined so many others for...also the chancellor mansion being destroyed for the keebler elf.

i mean, i don't see how the suits can be happy at all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Was there an Outstanding Mammalian Attributes Award that I overlooked?

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I am shocked, flummoxed, dazed, even.  I thought she'd have the nasally congested and phlegm-filled vote locked up, not to mention the cross-eyed.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Some stranger reading the web article & posting that anonymously that does not mean she adopted and did not use a surrogate. I thought you got that information from a fact based source. 

Camryn Grimes is calling out nastiness (directed at her) on message boards on her Twitter account (she singles out a poster in fact). She's complaining about soaps.com. (So not us; well most of us love her here anyways.) I do love CG but honestly my view is actors need to stay off message boards. They are not for you. They are forums for fans. We want to bitch and snark and that's our right. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, miamama said:

Camryn Grimes is calling out nastiness (directed at her) on message boards on her Twitter account (she singles out a poster in fact). She's complaining about soaps.com. (So not us; well most of us love her here anyways.) I do love CG but honestly my view is actors need to stay off message boards. They are not for you. They are forums for fans. We want to bitch and snark and that's our right. 

yes, they are for the fans, however, soaps.com is a whole other universe in nastiness..

i myself think camryn is beautiful with flawless skin and i love her hair as well as her being able to act circles around those she has scenes with..she elevates them the way they can't elevate themselves 

• Love 9

LOL I went to twitter to see what was going on. Got caught up in my timeline posted a few replies. Then came back here and totally forgot what I went there to do. 

Anyways went back and read CG posts . I have to agree with miamama that fan opinion sites and snark forums are for the viewers. And if CG is being trolled or made fun of her calling that poster out by their screen name and mentioning the site is giving that poster exactly what they want. They are loving it. I actually was friends with someone who I learned later trolled and told me all about it and I watched from my home and computer while she was on the phone typing. I was trolled too (I actually think my ex friend did it to me) there was even a blog about me. So I don't feel overly bad for the celebrities being in the public eye by choice being called fat or ugly or untalented. I feel bad if this happens to kids or teens. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

That board has NO class and is run so poorly. 

That's true. I checked it out a few years ago. Stupid fan wars for the most part.

But I do think forums are dangerous territory for actors. 

Camryn could safely come here, however. 

• Love 7

I can't say that I feel bad about some message board poster being called out. We can say whatever we want and the actors are also free to respond if they want. It's a two way street. Besides, it's just twitter. That person can ignore their mentions for a day or two and it'll be fine. I will say that some actors need to accept that this is how the internet works and learn how to not let comments by anonymous people personally affect them. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't say that I feel bad about some message board poster being called out. We can say whatever we want and the actors are also free to respond if they want. It's a two way street. Besides, it's just twitter. That person can ignore their mentions for a day or two and it'll be fine. I will say that some actors need to accept that this is how the internet works and learn how to not let comments by anonymous people personally affect them. 

Yes. Agreed. The poster in question is probably highly deserving of a smackdown but probably thrilled (and now banned, lol). CG can absolutely call her out. I was just pointing out forums were never intended to be reading material for actors. Unless they have thick skin.

Personally I would never tweet nasty shit I write here @ an actor. But people do and that is, as you say, the reality of the Internet. People also forget these places are public. I've seen people tweet "stay out of my mentions". Makes me laugh. If you want people out of your mentions go private. 

• Love 6

OhioSongbird asked in the main thread for some shots of the pre-makeunder Chancellor Mansion's living room.  Fifteen minutes of zipping through the 'tubes and I couldn't really find jack, but I found these (and the one pic of the new set, just for comparison):

chancellorestate-oldandnew.jpg

• Love 3

Who is that woman with Paul in the second picture?  Rachel Ray?  Marlo Thomas?

Ughhh...in the midst of all that fug, that freaking hockey stick gives me rage headaches.

• Love 8
On 07/05/2016 at 0:52 AM, miamama said:

I agree, I think all actors should stay off the boards . MM had a hissy fit before because of comments people made. We have the right to not like all actors and I hate that so many MB's you are not allowed to say shit about the actors.

On 07/05/2016 at 1:51 PM, miamama said:

Yes. Agreed. The poster in question is probably highly deserving of a smackdown but probably thrilled (and now banned, lol). CG can absolutely call her out. I was just pointing out forums were never intended to be reading material for actors. Unless they have thick skin.

Personally I would never tweet nasty shit I write here @ an actor. But people do and that is, as you say, the reality of the Internet. People also forget these places are public. I've seen people tweet "stay out of my mentions". Makes me laugh. If you want people out of your mentions go private. 

No she didn't get banned . I don't think she posted on twitter.. looks like cg reads soaps.. and got her panties in a twist.

On 07/05/2016 at 1:51 PM, miamama said:

I have seen the stay off my time line comments too and it cracks me up. I will comment on anything I want too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Who is that woman with Paul in the second picture?  Rachel Ray?  Marlo Thomas?

Ughhh...in the midst of all that fug, that freaking hockey stick gives me rage headaches.

LOL that does look like Rachel Ray. 

The sup ugly flat chalky dark grey paint looks like the color of painted cheap sets from low end stage productions when they need a castle or jail set and it's used on cardboard and styrofoam. Or that institutional paint actually used in prisons or gymnasium walls. Really ugly and banal 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

LOL that does look like Rachel Ray. 

The sup ugly flat chalky dark grey paint looks like the color of painted cheap sets from low end stage productions when they need a castle or jail set and it's used on cardboard and styrofoam. Or that institutional paint actually used in prisons or gymnasium walls. Really ugly and banal 

I think it was chosen because it matches Ferret Phelps soul.  

• Love 9

Congrats to Justin Hartley. He deserves better than this crappy show and the sucky storyline he's had with Chelsea for the last year. I'll bet he's thrilled to finally have a chance to be on a show with decent dialogue and a plot that actually makes sense.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Jill and Pratt casting is also inept I'm scared who the next Adam will be. Cameron Matheson or one of the dudes who played the Ford brothers on OLTL prolly. 

Oh no....you know, he has been showing up on "The Talk" a lot recently.  (I don't watch The Talk, but the commercials always air during Y&R.)  I hope that's just a coincidence and not CBS trying to make us accept him whether we like it or not.  I really don't think I could take him as well as Billy Munster, Stench, and Woody Dullen. That just might be what pushes me over the edge and makes me turn this off for good.

Edited by Snaporaz
because I hate Cameron Matheson
  • Love 9

Cameron Matheson

In addition to being a pretty boy who can't act, he's also a show-killer, IMO. I still put part of the blame for AMC's demise on him. Y'all ain't seen propping unless you saw how much of AMC's real talent was used to hold up this talking mannequin.

Congrats to JH.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

In addition to being a pretty boy who can't act, he's also a show-killer, IMO. I still put part of the blame for AMC's demise on him. Y'all ain't seen propping unless you saw how much of AMC's real talent was used to hold up this talking mannequin.

YES.  The Thong King, the original Lord of the Douche, I blame him too.

• Love 5

I don't think Cameron Mathison is that bad, but my exposure to him is admittedly pretty minimal.  (OTOH, between Serial Drama's recurring Duh Face of the Year Award going to him and "I am that monster!"...yeah.)  He's definitely too old to be Adam, though.

If JH is doing a weekly series, though, odds are he'll leave Y&R entirely so he can handle the new show's production schedule unless the show's crazy enough to try to work around that...and I don't see that happening.  That said, and I'm only being half facetious here: what FOJ out there can they bring in to replace him?

2 hours ago, Bill C. said:

I don't think Cameron Mathison is that bad, but my exposure to him is admittedly pretty minimal.  (OTOH, between Serial Drama's recurring Duh Face of the Year Award going to him and "I am that monster!"...yeah.)  He's definitely too old to be Adam, though.

If JH is doing a weekly series, though, odds are he'll leave Y&R entirely so he can handle the new show's production schedule unless the show's crazy enough to try to work around that...and I don't see that happening.  That said, and I'm only being half facetious here: what FOJ out there can they bring in to replace him?

No, he is that bad.  Worse.  "I wake up screaming" kind of bad.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Justin Hartley's prime time show got picked up.

So another recast Adam or presumed dead again or Adam goes on long vacations/business trips months at a time?

I wonder if he is leaving.. or if they will accommodate him.

• Love 2

I can't imagine they will be able to accommodate him if he's working full time in 2 shows on 2 rival networks. His new contract may even be contingent on him quitting. 

JILL and Pratt are so damn stubborn too I know they'll recast Adam, rather than admit they've fucked up this character for the past two years and call it quits. But if they had any integrity or insight they'd probably leave daytime instead shitting up this show. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

If his primetime show was CBS I think they could have worked it out, but his new show is NBC and they may not share him with CBS.

NBC is notorious for greenlighting marginal shows and unceremoniously canceling them at the drop of a hat - and, by that, I mean within the first four or five episodes if the ratings are bad (the same holds true for ABC). I don't expect that JH will be leaving immediately. Aren't most network shows (depending on the format) usually are only given 10-13 episodes per "season", with the season usually running from about mid-September or later to early December if they survive the initial ratings game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him appear even less than he already does during that timeframe and maybe altogether if the show is successful like Friends or Will & Grace, etc. And here Y&R's gone and hired his main squeeze and all...

• Love 1
(edited)

The Chancellor Mansion re-do is hideous, and this information that it was done behind CBS backs' makes sense now. JFD & Pratt don't know the history but that set was the last tie to the pre-Newman days of the show. CBS will know that when that set was built in the early 1970s it was a record for daytime (which in the 50s and 60s had been more about kitchen tables and hospital room sets...it was lavish for it's day).

Honestly, some new accent paint here and there and some décor tweaks or new furniture would have been absolutely fine---and expected especially if part of a "Billy gets the house" or "Devon moves in" ACTUAL storyline (no, a throwaway line about "Katherine's house" doesn't cut it. Was there ever any other mention other than that brief Billy/Phyllis exchange walking in?!?)/ What is 100% unforgiveable is eliminating/changing that staircase/banister/wallpaper where so much drama happened over the years. It's where Katherine made her final goodbye for fuck's sake.

I bet the Esther starts working for Crimson Lights move was Pratt & JFP preparing for this redo and eliminating the set, then last-minute just saying it's "Billy's house". Kate Linder is a big link to the show for fans, charity events, charity auctions on Ebay, etc. and probably wouldn't get fired all-together. However, without the Chancellor Estate--and with Jess Walton only wanting part-time & Chloe written off--what else could they do with her? Genoa City barista it is.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 10
(edited)

Eileen Davidson / Ashley is on the cover of Soap Opera Digest and has an interview inside. First her new haircut is not very flattering. The only way I can describe it is when I've gone to low end hair salons and they've had books and you'd see people in the pics with that fringe and jagged bangs while the hair is quite flat like too much product is in it. But it's supposed to read as edgy and sleek. 

She talks about RH of BH which she's a star of and damn this season she's really gone down in opinion and the interview just reiterated it. She is still harping on Lisa Vanderpump and her ability to "own it". The entire season she talked about her. I understood her opinions of Lisa's accountability the 1st  20x.

She cast some subtle shade on Lisa Rinna also who was her friend. Another thing she said that was weird was she planned to reveal she had been in a abusive relationship decades ago as part of a storyline or to soften her image this yr and Lisa Rinna's argument with Kim Richards ruined the pre planned moment, luckily she found another opportunity to bring it up later during another function. She says this in the interview which makes her seem calculating.  during the episode it was a bit pat "since we're talking about things we worry about at night here's a little known fact about me. 30 yrs ago..." 

She was a big source of conflict and criticism in the cast this year. One thing that bothered me was during a group bday dinner with the ladies, Lisa Vanderpump who she's nit picked all season and her best pal and OG cast member Kyle Richards left the table and went into a side room to address some of the shit between them that was stirred up by the women. Eileen goes to the shut door and eavesdrops. Kathryn a new lady this year who birthday dinner it was and rather meek, tells her not to do that and Eileen shushes her. Kathryn  says don't shush her and Eileen growls "don't tell me what to do!"and had such aggression in her eyes then went back to shamelessly listening to her frenemy talking to Kyle.

it was not endearing. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

^^ really? I am not a fan at all. I think he is pretty weak.. he is nice to look at but that is it..  I haven't like Adam since he took over the park... Adam needs to be much darker than JH plays him.

• Love 4

I really felt that he was a great recast because I totally bought him as Adam disguised as Gabriel Bingham. There was just enough of a resemblance/bone structure to make me believe it.

And I like that he's no longer as dark. I feel like after having a kid, and nearly dying, he should have mellowed out.

• Love 4