Type keyword(s) to search

The Simpsons - General Discussion

nymusix
  • Start Topic

I wonder how many bodies were in all those "Christmas Decorations" boxes -- there were at least 16 boxes in the scene.
One of the skeletions was of Smilin' Joe Fission -- the plant's mascot.  Does that mean he was real, because I thought he was a fictional character from nuclear plant educational films ?

Homer: "Stomach filled with rage, must quench with french fries"

Krusty Burger -- Ball Pit Now Free of Malaria.
(Hey, at least it wasn't the Hanta virus --  because that would have really come out of left field)

Seen on the old menu at Krustyburger:

• Laffy Meal -- A Disappointment in every Box!
  • Buzz Cola and Diet Buzz -- Now with 5% Less Buzz
  • Krusty's Milkless Milkshakes -- what happened to Krusty Partially Gelatinated Non-Dairy Gum-Based Beverages

New Menu at Krustyburger:

• Buttermilk Sriracha Sandwich
  • Kobe Shiitake Ciabatta Explosion
  • Hanoi Honey Barbeque Banh Mi Pho-furter (get 'em quick before they're Saigon)
  • As well as Beet Aoili and Yellow Sauce pump jugs

Teenager at the Krustyburger: "Sorry, we no longer sell the Python Buster, would you like some Kombucha Kimchi mini-Tacos instead ?"

Restaurants spotted by Homer on his drive around town:

• Kentucky Steamed Chickpeas
  • Tofu Bell
  • Arby's

Star Wars - The Force Awakens reference -- Homer: "Chewie, we're home."

I liked how one of Homer's Chili dog memories -- was of himself on his deathbead.  How is that a memory ?

Story ideas on the wall of the WSES Radio meeting

• Segment: 'Lost and Found' Finds
  • Series: From Detention to Death Row
  • Toilet Tattletales
  • Need to Buy More Cards
  • Interview: The Vending Machine Guy, Title: The Yummiest Job
  • Interview Our Listener
  • Interview Martin's Grandpa (crossed out) Died
  • Ms Hoover's ClassRoom -- A "Diorama Mill" ?
  • Topic: Is Radio Dead ?
  • Topic: Why is Radio Dead ?
  • Inside the Teacher's Lounge: Den of Cigarettes ?

Deuce uses "Anthony's Weiners" -- and the weiner on the outside of the package was wearing tightey whities.  Hah !!
And the secret ingredient in the chili dogs is Duff Beer.

Dolph was reading The Koran in detention.

Kent Brockman: "Chili Dog Day Afternoon -- Weiner on a Roll"
Bumble Bee guy was cheering on Homer on the overpass.

Chief Wiggum: "Forget it Lou, it's Chilitown"

The Moon playing the Sax looked at lot like the McDonald's Mac tonight campaign (only Mac played the piano)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I enjoyed this quite a bit more than I expected to.  I love the Great Gatsby, The Hamptons stores thing was dead-on (I live in Queens and visit the Hamptons occasionally; it's ... quite a difference), relying on white-nerd Milhouse for hip-hop history was adorable, and I got a kick out of Common and Snoop showing up.  But my favorite part was the snippets of Smithers' journey.

Title Screen: Vote Linoln/Washington balloons!

Couch Gag: Homer had to go through Robot Chicken, the California Raisins & South Park to get the sailboat painting back! That was great.

Apu walking his kids with an Octupus was a great sight gag.

"The Bone? That's exactly what I'm bad to!"

I enjoyed that EVERYONE liked Lisa's hat. I even liked her daydream. Trump getting turned into a troll doll is a...decent first President Trump joke of the show? Also, the opening/closing with Bart & Lisa seemed pointless.

It took 28 years to not only feature a bit about Chess but also Bart imagining a demonic personification of his guilt. It was good to see Patton Oswalt back doing something. I also like how Bart got Lisa's hat out of the cube: get rod & Todd to pray to levitate the car, then burn it through a pool of Buzz Cola. Yeah...that's something that happened on this show.

• Love 2

That was an ok episode, but I'm just not buying Homer as a chess prodigy as a child. Or ever. Let alone that he suddenly remembers it all.
Just didn't find it all that funny.YMMV.

Not sure why that 2nd end scene with Nelson and his mom was necessary.

Also liked Rod and Todd and their gnarly telekinetic powers (I liked how their noses bled afterwards), but it's all ok with Ned since Jesus was working miracles through them.  And also like acidic properties of Buzz Cola.

Liked Homer telling his guilt demon to get in line with the 7 deadly sins demons.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That was an ok episode, but I'm just not buying Homer as a chess prodigy as a child. Or ever. Let alone that he suddenly remembers it all.
Just didn't find it all that funny.YMMV.

Just last week he couldn't remember the guy who fed him hot dogs as a kid. Seems to be a theme this season.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Just last week he couldn't remember the guy who fed him hot dogs as a kid. Seems to be a theme this season.

The problem is they keep going back to that same idea over and over again.

What do the writers do -- sit around after running out of ideas and try and determine what memory Homer has blocked out this week ?

Loved hearing Patton Oswald, lol'd at Homer conversing with Robot Chicken's nerd and Lisa perusing Springfield's hat mug shots in search of Sunny. And now I know who Magnus Carlsen is (besides being Carl's cousin, heh heh), I truly enjoy discovering interesting people by their cameos on this show.

• Love 1

On re-watch, I completely missed all the BORT license plates in Sunblock Sam's shop.  Bart can't ever catch a break -- first Itchy and Scratchy land, now here.

Turning Trump into a troll doll was a nice not-so-subtle dig.

Chess player: "Checkmate.  The only mate I haven't buried."

Homeless guy (pointing to Homer's seaweed covered head): "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on the beach. Kinda sad really."
(as he climbs in to the decomposing corpse of a beached whale and curls up for a nap in the innards).

Items on the Krusty Combos menu:

• Krustyburger
  • Krustyburger Jr.
  • Krusty Khicken
  • Ribwich (it's back on the menu)
  • Kharter Pounder
  • Khicken Knuggets
  • McKLT
  • Khicken Kaesar Salad
  • Karne Asada Tacos
  • Khicken Khimikhanga

The Olmec Head in the basement makes a re-appearance (no sign of Bender though)

Hats in the Hat mugshot book:

• Bowler
  • 10 Gallon
  • Chef
  • Fedora
  • Top Hat
  • Shark
  • Pork Pie
  • Robin Hood
  • Pith Helmet
  • Fez (I wonder if it was Grandpa's Fez)
  • Cheese Head
  • Valkyrie Helmet

Lisa was eating Not-So-Cheerios for breakfast after her hat went missing.

The list of gifts that Bart tries to bribe Lisa with:

• Cupcake
  • The Poems of Emily Dickinson -- read by Elizabeth Warren
  • Cruelty-free Saxophone reeds (from wood that fell off)
  • Bart's Piggy Bank
  • Hammer
  • Bunny

Nelson: "A bunny and a hammer.  My Mom did say bring home dinner."

Bart: "My hat !!"
Gil: "My Car !!  And my House !!"

• Love 3

On re-watch, I completely missed all the BORT license plates in Sunblock Sam's shop

"We are out of Bort license plates. I repeat we are out of Bort license plates". One of my favorite episodes.

I did love all the callbacks to other episodes and I loved the Robot Chicken stuff in the opening. The chess thing was okay but I did like the Bart/Lisa story. I guess the bumpers were just to fill time because they seemed pointless.

• Love 2

Intro: Air Force One, followed by Putin on a winged horse

Billboard: This St. Patrick's Day, Kiss The Barney Stoned

Chalkboard: Our House Is Still The Only One With The Christmas Tree Up

Couch Gag: Pachinko! You a winner hahaha!

Apparently that trip to Tijuana didn't erase the scars from Kamp Krusty. At least, Lisa's were healed at the prospect of no school, and Bart faked his...until he started having them. If any Six Flags-esque theme park had front-of-the-line passes for people in therapy, I'd live there.

Really, did the writers not remember the original Kamp Krusty? It would've benefitted immensely if Sideshow Mel was a counselor. And I guess we should look forward too Kamp Krustiest in season 52.

So Homer being forced to go to work early because he was denied sex made him a model employee? And competent? And...normal?! How frightening. And OF COURSE Marge is the one that doesn't want it. Sigh. Also, it reminded me of that one episode of Seinfeld when the same thing happened to George.

"No means no. I looked it up in the dictionary."

The eye on the pyramid on the dollar bill showing up in the dark was a great sight gag.

3 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

So Homer being forced to go to work early because he was denied sex made him a model employee? And competent? And...normal?! How frightening. And OF COURSE Marge is the one that doesn't want it. Sigh. Also, it reminded me of that one episode of Seinfeld when the same thing happened to George.

She always wants what she can't have. I'm sure she'll go right back to whining and nagging next week.

• Love 1

While the episode title is 'Kamp Krustier', the camp itself is still called Kamp Krusty so the episode description supplied by Fox or whomever was a little off.

Also, it reminded me of that one episode of Seinfeld when the same thing happened to George.

It was pretty much exactly the same thing -- only George's girlfriend contracted mono (or thought she did) preventing all sex, and George became supersmart.  But was eventually undone by having sex with the Portuguese waitress.

The cameos by Michael Sheen and Lizzie Caplan were blink and you miss it -- and really didn't add much to the episode.
Though, seeing Moe as the next deviant for sex therapy was amusing.

@Galileo908 -- you're right, the writers basically completely forgot about the previous Kamp Krusty episode, which was both more awesome and a helluva lot more traumatic by comparison.  This seemed like a really weakly written retread of a much better episode.

Who was watching Maggie during the entire summer while Homer and Marge were banging ?  Was Maggie even in this episode (aside from the couch gag) ?

Booths at Klub Krusty:

• Mr. Teeny's Martinis
  • Sideshow Smell's Aromatherapy

What would be the point of having a Kids Klub at an Adult Retreat ?  That just seemed stupid.

I missed the first minute of the episode, but was the adult posing as a kid that faked his own death (Roger or whatever his name was) even seen on screen before Bart's first flashback -- and if he was a spy for a magazine, why was he still working at Klub Krusty as a masseuse.  It makes no sense.

Overall, I give this episode a D+ -- the writers were either phoning it in, or the interns wrote it.  Either way, it was not very good.

• Love 1

I really felt that this episode was meh, only because it decided to "revisit" a much loved classic one (and seriously, why didn't they mentioned that trip to Tijuana?).  I did kind of like the Homer b-plot but that was about it and I also kind of liked the idea that Krusty would totally turn Kamp Krusty into a spa resort for adults (that is actually something that I totally would see him do). As with the b-plot it did remind me of that one Seinfeld episode where George didn't get sex and became smart- and it was nice to see how Homer's brain works (or at least a representation of how it worked). 

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Overall, I give this episode a D+ -- the writers were either phoning it in, or the interns wrote it.  Either way, it was not very good.

Which is even more depressing since it was written by David Stern, the writer for the original Kamp Krusty episode.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Which is even more depressing since it was written by David Stern, the writer for the original Kamp Krusty episode.

Man, that is depressing.  I guess he's slipped in the writing dept. -- after all it was over 24 years ago.  The first Kamp Krusty episode was back in Season 4.

ETA:  Finally saw the first minute or so that I initially missed -- and discovered this was a flashback episode to the events directly AFTER the first Kamp Krusty episode.  That makes the omission of the trip to Tijuana even worse -- they spent two weeks there AFTER Bart took over the camp, and that should have erased any traumatic events because it was so much fun.  This episode made it look like they went straight from Kamp Krusty back to Springfield.

And why was Flanders being such a dick ?  Calling the cops on Homer and Marge over a gong. WTF ?

So was Marge unaware that they went to Tijuana for 2 weeks -- because her comment that kids who just had a scary experience get therapy.  But the scary experience was over 2 weeks ago. 

When Krusty gets off the bus, he kind of glosses over the fact that Bart took over Kamp Krusty (it was on TV) -- Marge and Homer seem to be completely unaware that that even happened.

In the original episode, Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney were the camp counselors, and the kids brought down the big totem pole with ropes -- but in this episode, Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney pushed the totem pole over and the entire camp was set on fire.

Why would Bart attack tennis camp ?  Bart's rebellion was led by the fact that an ersatz Krusty showed up and the real Krusty was a no show, though he did release the kids from fat camp.

And Homer saying that he wondered if Bart had a mustache just seems stupid -- because they had just seen him on TV 2 weeks beforehand.  In fact it was breaking news that was called 'Krisis at Kamp Krusty'.  And the entire camp wasn't set on fire, just that effigy of Krusty.

In fact, Homer was getting in shape that summer, losing weight and getting some hair back, and as soon as he saw Bart had taken over Kamp Krusty on TV he lost what few hairs he had regained and his stomach went back to normal.  Homer and Marge were doing yoga in the living room watching a yoga program when they learned about Bart's rebellion at the camp.  

And when Bart lists off the reasons why Kamp Krusty was a nightmare in the original episode -- they fed us gruel, and they forced us to make wallets for export, and one of the campers was eaten by a bear (ok, it was really his hat, but it was a nice hat) -- there was no mention of any actual campers dying (especially named Charlie, I think I called him Roger in my original post, not that it matters).  

This episode basically takes a huge steaming dump on the original Kamp Krusty episode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Finally saw the first minute or so that I initially missed -- and discovered this was a flashback episode to the events directly AFTER the first Kamp Krusty episode.  

I missed that too. I thought (and I wasn't really thinking about it too much) that for some reason they went back to Kamp Krusty another summer.

Really, did the writers not remember the original Kamp Krusty?

The entire staff needs to re-watch that episode when FXX has their every Simpsons marathon again. 

Was Maggie even in this episode (aside from the couch gag) ?

She was in the original one if I remember correctly.  Wasn't Homer doing pushups with her sitting on his stomach?

• Love 2

The cameos by Michael Sheen and Lizzie Caplan were blink and you miss it -- and really didn't add much to the episode.

Yeah, I almost wish it had been Marvin Monroe they visited. I think he's still alive after being presumed dead at one point.

And I was excited when I realized this takes place after the first Kamp Krusty incident, but it didn't flow with what happened before so I thought maybe it was another summer; but having it confirmed as Option A makes me a bit sad. Especially after hearing it's the same writer. 

Just a weird episode all around. I love a good mystery, but this one was dumb.

• Love 1

Intro: Air Dingus!

Couch Gag: Weird doodles by Bil Plympton!

Haven't seen any 30 for 30 documentaries, but this was pretty decent. Sure, it was Bart The Murderer crossed with Bart Star, with Behind The Laughter's documentary device tossed in.

Apparently Chalmers was a founding member of Steely Dan? I also loved Abe's chyron: "Retired Bag Boy." Milhouse was great in this episode as well as, of all characters, Louie.

"Stephen Curry did not appear in this documentary." Until he did.

I actually liked this episode, not really because it was funny but that it was such a good story (and focused compared to some other episodes). Although, the Dolly Parton jokes were hilarious and I liked that they just continued to use her as Krusty's main punching line in his "stolen/bought" jokes. 

Also damn, I love the song Skee-Lo's I Wish and I was very happy that they used it in this episode (long live the 90s!).

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Man, I love love Skee-Lo's "I Wish" and was pleasantly surprised to hear it on this episode. I honestly can't recall if I've ever seen a 30 on 30 documentary but actually enjoyed the Simpsons' take on it. I only know Anger Watkins from this past week or so of Tapped Out, was this his first time on the Simpsons? I did enjoy hearing his angry pontificating vs just reading it on Tapped Out. 

Has Dolly Parton ever guested on the Simpsons? She seems like such a good sport IRL, one that would totally spoof herself on this show. 

• Love 1

I don't think she has; maybe she will now! Perhaps Lurleen can come back for that, too.

I don't know who Anger Watkins is based on, and I'm pretty sure it was his first appearance.  And no, I won't be spending donuts on him.

Love "I Wish"; nice callback to my youth to hear that song.

Have Lisa and Bart played every major sport at this point?  Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer?  Plus gymnastics, ballet, tap, boxcar racing ... what am I forgetting?

7 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Man, I love love Skee-Lo's "I Wish" and was pleasantly surprised to hear it on this episode. I honestly can't recall if I've ever seen a 30 on 30 documentary but actually enjoyed the Simpsons' take on it. I only know Anger Watkins from this past week or so of Tapped Out, was this his first time on the Simpsons? I did enjoy hearing his angry pontificating vs just reading it on Tapped Out. 

Has Dolly Parton ever guested on the Simpsons? She seems like such a good sport IRL, one that would totally spoof herself on this show. 

I think that this was his first appearance on the actual show (and I also play Tapped Out so I know exactly what you mean). 

6 hours ago, beadgirl said:

I don't think she has; maybe she will now! Perhaps Lurleen can come back for that, too.

I don't know who Anger Watkins is based on, and I'm pretty sure it was his first appearance.  And no, I won't be spending donuts on him.

Love "I Wish"; nice callback to my youth to hear that song.

Have Lisa and Bart played every major sport at this point?  Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer?  Plus gymnastics, ballet, tap, boxcar racing ... what am I forgetting?

Didn't Bart and Lisa play curling as well or was that Homer and Marge?

Episode description:

Worried that Bart is destined for failure, Marge turns to a series of parenting "experts" for advice. Homer decides to cash in on one expert's advice by opening up a trophy store in Springfield. Meanwhile, Bart finds some needed encouragement from Grampa, who gives him a precious watch coveted by Homer.

The poor Sixers. I was surprised to see that NBA commissioner Adam Silver actually guested as himself.

I liked this ep so much more just because of this whole recent every child gets a ribbon/trophy/medal just for being there/don't want to hurt their feelings phenomenon. I still don't understand it and I still don't like it. Of course Marge and the other parents would fall for it. I actually LOL'd when Homer announced he was following the GUT method, hee!

Thanks for the ear worm, Simpsons. You're the best around, nothing's ever gonna keep you down...

Intro: <no intro>

Billboard: <no billboard>

Chalkboard: Studying is not "Appropriating Nerd Culture"

Note: shortened sequence after Bart bounces off Barney, and goes directly to Homer pulling into the driveway

Couch Gag: The couch and living room are filled with animals that have been featured in episodes over the years. Including:

• Pinchy the lobster from Season 9
  • Spiderpig/Plopper
  • Laddie (the dog Bart bought with SLH's credit card) from Season 8
  • The Bolivian tree lizards from Season 10
  • Santa's Little Helper and some of her puppies
  • Snowball 2
  • Mr. Teeny
  • Jub-Jub -- Selma's pet iguana
  • The Screamapillar from Season 13
  • Stampy the elephant from Season 5
  • Pokey the Guinea Pig from Season 25
  • Strangles the python from Season 18
  • The cow that says "Tomacco" from Season 11
  • One of the Raccoons that lives in the Simpson's garage
  • Princess the pony from Season 3
  • Nibbles the school hamster
  • Bongo the dog (Homer's boyhood dog)
  • One of the pigeons eaten by the Bolivian Tree Lizards

The Frog Heaven bit was funny -- poor George could not catch a break.  Followed up later in the episode with Fetal Pig heaven -- both of the pigs seemed pretty happy about the treatment of their remains.

Bart's report card showing Lunch as incomplete was funny (and there was 4 Fs, and 2 Ds -- but that was expected).

The name of the book the speaker was selling was called "The Myth of the Imperfect Child".  Now that's funny.
Even funnier was the first mouse that died from low self-esteem in the testing.

Luann: "Trophies -- so that's the easy answer."
Chief Wiggum: "If Ralphie's shelf says he's a winner, then he'll be one." 
Moe: "And Moe yells a 3rd thing to feel part of the group".

Why would Moe even be there since he has no kids ?

Loved the use of the song of "You're the Best Around" from the movie 'The Karate Kid' throughout the episode.

I like how Lunch Lady Doris was ladling out trophies just like she serves any other lunch item.

I liked the title of Lisa's paper -- "The Erosion of True Accomplishment".  Of course she got a trophy just for doing it, and throws it away in disgust only to retrieve it.

Bart (to Grandpa): "Your dad didn't believe in you either."
Grandpa: "It wasn't his fault. He was just focused on his career as a professional child beater.  Men would come from 5 towns over to study my father's technique, but no matter how many strangles he patented his father never approved."

Of course these child beating lessons were taught at Professor Simpson's Universal Panacea for Disagreeable Juveniles.

Written on the blackboard during the 2nd Grade Math Pentathlon -- 1+3=Ralph.  Which got Ralph 9th place.

Is this the first time we've seen Lisa writing on the chalkboard as punishment -- she was writing "Everybody's a winner"

I liked the 2nd speaker -- Dr. Fenton PoolToy, and his book "Atrophy: The Weakening of the American Child".  Atrophy = having no trophy.  That's clever.

Dr. PoolToy: "Too much praise creates Millenials".   Hah ! Now that's funny.

Chief Wiggum: "He's got a word made of other words. He must know what he's talking about."

Sideshowmel: "Why does 'of' sometimes count in the acronym and sometimes not ?"
Chief Wiggum: "Shut up Mel, your kids live in Nebraska with your mom."

That's pretty harsh Clancy.

Sign over Homer's Garage: End of Fad Sale. Now-Worthless Trophies 15% Off

Liked the book titles at the end:

• GUT -- Give up Trying
  • A Father's Watch, by Homer J. Simpson
  • The B.A.R.N.E.Y Protocol -- A John Homer Mystery, by Homer J. Simpson

Colleges and player names seen on the big screen during the NBA draft:

• Brigham Old -- Close-up "Magic" Johnson
  • Miami of Ohio of Spain -- Jesus White
  • SUNY-Pittsburgh -- DeMarcus Uncles
  • Manhattan School of Mines -- Robert McLarry
  • The Sorbonne -- Hakeem Parsons
  • Middle Valley Western Reserve-- Abraham Lincoln
  • Springfield Elementary -- Ralph Wiggum
  • L.S.U -- Cody Harris
  • Panathinaikos Thessonloniki (Greece) -- Tzatziki Spanakopita
  • Brandeis -- Hebron James

Springfield Elementary After School Happy Hamsters -- go Hamsters !!

This episode was definitely longer than a typical episode --  even with the shortened sequence at the start of the episode, the credits didn't even begin until 8:29pm

Overall, a solid B+ episode.  Way better than Kamp Krustier.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

The poor Sixers. I was surprised to see that NBA commissioner Adam Silver actually guested as himself.

I liked this ep so much more just because of this whole recent every child gets a ribbon/trophy/medal just for being there/don't want to hurt their feelings phenomenon. I still don't understand it and I still don't like it. Of course Marge and the other parents would fall for it. I actually LOL'd when Homer announced he was following the GUT method, hee!

Thanks for the ear worm, Simpsons. You're the best around, nothing's ever gonna keep you down...

I thought the "everyone gets a trophy" was really dated. My son's 30 years old, and they were doing it back when he was a 5 year old soccer player. 

Is this the first time we've seen Lisa writing on the chalkboard as punishment -- she was writing "Everybody's a winner"

Doesn't Mr. Largo sentence her to chalkboard writing punishment in the ep Lisa's Date with Density for, in his words, being a snicker puss? Nelson suggests that she use that four prong chalk holder on the board to write "I will not be a snicker puss" or something like that four times at a time vs writing it once at a time using just one piece of chalk. 

How could I have missed the screamapillar in the couch gag?! Must re-watch...

I didn't quite get the line about Millenials. According to wikipedia 'Millenials' are usually counted as being born from around 1980 or so to 1996 or so so Bart is at least ten years to young. Actually Homer is closer to being a Millenial.

Dolly Parton was in season 10's "Sunday, Cruddy Sunday". Krusty knew who she was in that episode.

Bart does have previous experience with basketball. He and Milhouse were on the Canadian Olympic basketball team in "The Bart Wants What it Wants".

On 20/03/2017 at 3:23 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Couch Gag: The couch and living room are filled with animals that have been featured in episodes over the years. Including:

• Pinchy the lobster from Season 9
  • Spiderpig/Plopper
  • Laddie (the dog Bart bought with SLH's credit card) from Season 8
  • The Bolivian tree lizards from Season 10
  • Santa's Little Helper and some of her puppies
  • Snowball 2
  • Mr. Teeny
  • Jub-Jub -- Selma's pet iguana
  • The Screamapillar from Season 13
  • Stampy the elephant from Season 5
  • Pokey the Guinea Pig from Season 25
  • Strangles the python from Season 18
  • The cow that says "Tomacco" from Season 11
  • One of the Raccoons that lives in the Simpson's garage
  • Princess the pony from Season 3
  • Nibbles the school hamster
  • Bongo the dog (Homer's boyhood dog)
  • One of the pigeons eaten by the Bolivian Tree Lizards

The monkey was Mojo from "Girlie Edition", not Mr. Teeny. The raccoon was the Homer raccoon from "Smoke on the Daughter". I think the pigeon was supposed to be the one from "How Munched is That Birdie in the Window?". I'm surprised the cow wasn't Lou from "Apocalypse Cow". And no one working on the show remembers the rabbit from "Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart".

On 23/03/2017 at 1:30 AM, Lazlo said:

I didn't quite get the line about Millenials. According to wikipedia 'Millenials' are usually counted as being born from around 1980 or so to 1996 or so so Bart is at least ten years to young. Actually Homer is closer to being a Millenial.

The line was about stopping Bart's generation from turning out how millennials did.

• Love 1

Intro: Title is upside-down!

Couch Gag: X-Men! With Stan Lee!

So Burns decides to start his own college after seeing how wussy Yale became. I can never get enough of the Yale bashing on this show, especially since many of the show's writers came from Harvard. This is far from the first time Homer's taught a class on something he barely has any knowleddge of. It's so bad this time that Lisa drunk herself into a stupor. And everyone was, of course, smarter than Homer.

I also liked Lisa's solution to getting Homer to teach: show him hollywood movies about inspirational teachers. The, er, climax was weird and rushed. So the other guy wanted to build robot college students? And making them offended is what foils them? Allright, then. Also, Neil GeGrasse Tyson and Ken Jennings didn't get enough to do. I liked the bit with all the nerd teachers at the end, but you have Robert McKee, Suze Orman, Ken Jennings, Neil deGrasse Tyson in the same room and they only got like, three lines each. What a waste.

Also funny: Homer's voice on file was his original from 1989.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Intro: Title is upside-down!

Couch Gag: X-Men! With Stan Lee!

So Burns decides to start his own college after seeing how wussy Yale became. I can never get enough of the Yale bashing on this show, especially since many of the show's writers came from Harvard. This is far from the first time Homer's taught a class on something he barely has any knowleddge of. It's so bad this time that Lisa drunk herself into a stupor. And everyone was, of course, smarter than Homer.

I also liked Lisa's solution to getting Homer to teach: show him hollywood movies about inspirational teachers. The, er, climax was weird and rushed. So the other guy wanted to build robot college students? And making them offended is what foils them? Allright, then. Also, Neil GeGrasse Tyson and Ken Jennings didn't get enough to do. I liked the bit with all the nerd teachers at the end, but you have Robert McKee, Suze Orman, Ken Jennings, Neil deGrasse Tyson in the same room and they only got like, three lines each. What a waste.

Also funny: Homer's voice on file was his original from 1989.

Even with the rushed ending, that was a pretty good episode.  The writing was tight and quick, with a lot of good lines.
Monty-centric episodes are usually pretty solid.

Robert McKee's contribution in the 3rd act was pretty funny .

It was a very brief cameo by NdT, but still awesome.

Homer after watching those inspirational teacher movies was amusing.  Too bad Lisa didn't include 'Summer School' in the movie set -- that would have been more Homer's speed.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Ken did a good job but I wish he had been on more. I did like seeing the Jeopardy board in the background. 

I'll have to review and see what the categories were.

ETA:
Jeopardy categories:

• Something About Mary
  • Ends in "ING"
  • Foods for Thought
  • Check Please
  • Naughty by Nature
  • (couldn't make out the 6th category)
Edited by ottoDbusdriver