Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Horsing Around

• Start Topic

There's a lot here but I'm going to try to address the comments in bold.

I'm not surprised by the reception that Kyle is getting from her family but I don't agree that Kyle was wrong for mentioning what happened. I also disagree that it's wrong for any of the women to discuss Kim, Brandi, Taylor, Joyce, Dana, Carlton, or any other woman who has appeared on this show. 

As far as the idea that discussing things on the show gives various stories a longer shelf life, that's fair enough, but I think it's unreasonable to expect people to clamp down about issues that are happening in real time. When Kim got into her mess a bunch of us discussed it here. Kim's thread has the most posts and the most views because that mean entitled addict is always into some shit. Of course people are going to discuss that if they actually know the person and worked with them. People who didn't even know Kim were discussing it but the people who know her are just supposed to ignore it and refrain from mentioning out of respect? If Kim had been a kind and respectful person who treated other people like human beings maybe I can see them closing ranks and refusing to talk about it but Kim hasn't earned that sort of loyalty and certainly not from Kyle of all people. I don't care if they're sisters, they could be twins for all I care and it still doesn't mean that Kim deserves or has earned the shield of privacy. As usual, when it comes to Kim, other people are being blamed for why she's being discussed or why her problems are being put out there. If Kim didn't constantly make such poor choices in addition to being mean and defiant with pretty much everyone then there wouldn't be anything embarrassing to discuss. 

As for Lisa Rinna and Eileen--oh, I absolutely think that they have earned the right to talk about Kim. If Kim doesn't like it, she can add it on to the pile of consequences for her behavior that she refuses to recognize. Why does Kim deserve to be molly coddled after the way she behaved? She was horrible beast to everyone save Brandi last season and Lisa Rinna and Eileen were forced to put up with it. Not only that but Kim was allowed to get away with most of her bullshit where she was only called on a fraction of the things she did that season to say nothing of off camera shenanigans. No, they don't have to deal with Kim anymore but it's kind of like discussing that crazy coworker who got fired and getting a gossipy update from someone who still keeps up with them on FB. 

I don't think any family members are being crucified. If Kathy in particular feels upset that her preferences were put out there for the public to know about then that says to me that she isn't comfortable with people knowing how she has treated Kyle's family. 

I agree that this family feud isn't especially unique but I disagree that we haven't seen both of Kyle's sisters treat her like shit. I definitely don't feel that Kyle has treated Kim poorly. With Kathy, there aren't as many incidents to point to because she isn't on the show so I won't throw her in the same boat as Kim but the iciness definitely seems to be there. 

Strangers are already talking shit about Kathy and Kim without Kyle's help. Both women are fine with dealing with fame whenever it suits their purpose. Without any help from Kyle that Dr. Phil fiasco was the gift that kept on giving and triggered all sorts of talk and stories. I think it's ludicrous to blame Kyle for everything especially the idea that it's her fault the stories are still being talked about. 

As if Kim is above talking shit about people including her sister. Meanwhile that loudmouth trash box Brandi got the Kathy version of Mauricio the ungrateful brother in law story. I know she didn't get that story from Kyle. 

There was tension around Nicky's wedding even if you take away the show. As for negative comments about the wedding--there were negative comments from people when the wedding was covered at the time. Some people are just going to hate. I honestly doubt that a bunch of people now dislike Nicky or Kathy specifically because of Kyle mentioning the truth of the way she and her family were treated. 

I don't doubt that Kyle's sisters both drop their own tidbits of information. I can see them being annoyed that Kyle has the stronger platform though. Kim dropped information on Kyle as well during the show in an effort to get people to feel sorry for her but this is being overlooked. I'm not seeing where Kim is Kyle's victim here. 

I think the show is about these women putting their lives on display. It's not like Kyle was spilling gossipy dirt on the Hiltons. She was talking about a situation that had to do with herself and her family directly. She wasn't using Nicky's personal life for a story.

As far as the idea that the Hiltons are now under a microscope because of Kyle, I don't see them being any more in the public eye than they already were. Also, as if Kathy and others have a problem being in the public eye. Both Kathy and Nicky have used the show when they've wanted to so it isn't like they're against Kyle (or Kim when she was on) being on the show. 

I disagree with the idea that therapy is the only avenue that is acceptable for them to discuss whatever it is that they want to discuss. Sometimes people want and need to bitch about stuff that's frustrating, I don't see why that has to necessarily be apart of a therapeutic process. 

I guess I just don't like the hatefulness for the sake of being hateful.

I don't think Lisa decided against taking the horse because it had a limp.  That horse's leg was twisted inward. It has some sort of orthopedic problem.  When a horse has a problem with a leg, they are at really high risk of having to be put down.  A lot of leg problems that are fixable in other mammals just cannot be fixed in horses because of how they need to be on their legs so much and how they generally cannot function on three legs.  Some horses these days can get a prosthetic but there's no guarantee of that.  Lisa mentioned that they could take the horse but might have to end up putting it down.  I think that was why she ultimately declined the horse, because she didn't want to get the animal, become connected to it for even a short time as well as giving it as a gift to her husband, then take it to a vet and find out that it needs to be put down because the leg isn't  fixable nor is it treatable and the horse is looking at a lifetime of pain and additional lameness.

I can just imagine it..."Hey Ken, happy 70th!  Here's a lame horse I got you, we might have to kill it.  Enjoy it while you can."  Yeah, no.

• Love 8

Bolding mine.

I don't think Lisa decided against taking the horse because it had a limp.  That horse's leg was twisted inward. It has some sort of orthopedic problem. When a horse has a problem with a leg, they are at really high risk of having to be put down.  A lot of leg problems that are fixable in other mammals just cannot be fixed in horses because of how they need to be on their legs so much and how they generally cannot function on three legs.  Some horses these days can get a prosthetic but there's no guarantee of that.  Lisa mentioned that they could take the horse but might have to end up putting it down.  I think that was why she ultimately declined the horse, because she didn't want to get the animal, become connected to it for even a short time as well as giving it as a gift to her husband, then take it to a vet and find out that it needs to be put down because the leg isn't  fixable nor is it treatable and the horse is looking at a lifetime of pain and additional lameness.

I can just imagine it..."Hey Ken, happy 70th!  Here's a lame horse I got you, we might have to kill it.  Enjoy it while you can."  Yeah, no.

I'm surprised that something as pronounced as that twisting inward leg did not show up in any pix Lisa looked at before flying halfway across the country. Or did she not look at pix?

And did that breeder have no others for Lisa to look at? Whole thing seemed odd, to me.

• Love 1

I think she didn't want the horse because it was defective.  I think that she presents herself as an animal lover, but to not want a horse because it was defective is kind of bullshit.  She can buy or not buy horses all day long but my opinion of her has sunk.  She presents herself one way but she is really not genuine or caring.  She is a fake asshole.

I would not want a defective horse either. I don't want the vet bills, and I am not up to the kind of care involved. Does it mean I don't love animals? Do you think because she is wealthy she should of just taken it? The thing about having money like Lisa is that people are constantly trying to take advantage of you, and people seem to feel entitled. I have a dog with health problems, and not only are the vet bills hard, it is emotionally hard, and stressful, time consuming, and tiring. BTW- we just adopted two kittens from a shelter. They are our first cats and I cant believe how much I love them. I am planning on volunteering at the shelter where we got them. I don't mind cleaning out the litter boxes, and I think playing with cats is my calling, lol. I think a well socialized cat would make an excellent companion for special needs people and elderly.

Well, I try not to post without reading the whole thread, but I did. I like Lisa R. this episode, I liked watching them have fun. I enjoyed watching this.

I just realized I completely forgot about the Erika bit. Don't care, though it was weird she calls him Mr. I am not botherd by a gold digger as long as they treat each other well and care for each other. It seemed she cares for him and treats him well. I am grateful for my goldigging step mother. My dad is elderly now and she does take good care of him.

• Love 4

This made me laugh. Maybe it's true. But I think she loves him.

He was probably a handsome man when they met. Plus, money and power are strooong aphrodisiacs. I don't think that's a bad thing. Fifteen years later, he's looking a little long in the tooth, and she's not the same as when they met either. Plus, there's a mutual kink factor if he's down with her performance style.

I hope those 2 crazy kids are truly happy. Her hair looks stupid in this episode's THs, though.

I think its possible she is a gold digger, and cares for him. I honestly don't care as long as nobody is being mistreated. I think you can come to love each other over years of marriage.

• Love 3

I'm seldom angry over anything LisaV does, but this horse business really angered me.  I felt so sorry for those poor, lame animals, made that way all for the sake of size, that I wanted to give Lisa a piece of my mind.  Unfortunately, she couldn't hear me through the TV screen.

I know that Lisa loves animals.  So do I.  But buying two of those poor horses and transporting them clear across the country (ostensibly for Ken) was cruelty in my book.  I think, from his reaction, that Ken was disgusted and disappointed.  And you know Ken would wind up having to care for them.  "Ken, dahling, go muck out the horse pen, will you?  I just had my nails done and don't want to break one."  I'm glad that Ken let his real feelings show and said what he did.  Even LisaR, who is wacky and fun loving, thought it was a bad idea.

The whole adventure made me wonder whether LisaV has a brain in her head! 

• Love 2

I'm seldom angry over anything LisaV does, but this horse business really angered me.  I felt so sorry for those poor, lame animals, made that way all for the sake of size, that I wanted to give Lisa a piece of my mind.  Unfortunately, she couldn't hear me through the TV screen.

I know that Lisa loves animals.  So do I.  But buying two of those poor horses and transporting them clear across the country (ostensibly for Ken) was cruelty in my book.  I think, from his reaction, that Ken was disgusted and disappointed.  And you know Ken would wind up having to care for them.  "Ken, dahling, go muck out the horse pen, will you?  I just had my nails done and don't want to break one."  I'm glad that Ken let his real feelings show and said what he did.  Even LisaR, who is wacky and fun loving, thought it was a bad idea.

The whole adventure made me wonder whether LisaV has a brain in her head! 

Lisa did not buy the horse we saw her and LisaR go to look at/buy. She didn't buy it because it looked lame and she didn't want to get attached to an animal that might have to be put down right away. The horses she got were from Texas, not from the other side of the country. Also, Ken will not be mucking out stalls, they have grounds people to do that work, they will be the ones cleaning up after the horses just like they do for the swans and all their dogs. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

I think its possible she is a gold digger, and cares for him. I honestly don't care as long as nobody is being mistreated. I think you can come to love each other over years of marriage.

You can also fall in love BEFORE you marry a wealthy older man and be very happily married and NOT be a golddigger. I just have to say this because so many seem to be shrugging their shoulders and saying "well of course she's a gold digger because he's old and wealthy, but it seems like she's nice to him".

My parents had a 24-year age difference -- first marriage for both -- and I saw the love between them and heard mom's stories about how dad romanced her and they fell in love. It IS possible.

• Love 6

I just saw this show on repeat over the weekend.  First time around, I was like where did they say they flew to so they could pick up/see the miniature horse?  OMG Columbus, OH!  I work in Columbus, live in a suburb.  So I watched it again.  I couldn't see where they went from the airport, so I went to the Bravo site and kept pausing it.  Yeah, wouldn't you know it, a more rural area just east of me, by like 15 to 20 minutes.  I then googled the horse farm.  They do a lot with therapy animals and yes, she has more than one horse for sale.  They have some that they have just kept and are not selling.  I think I saw a picture of the one Lisa was looking at. Now the farm is up for sale, because they are wanting to move south.  It could be too that urban sprawl is fencing them in, so to speak.

When I watched it again, words just fail me.  They acted like they were going into a hicktown, which metro Columbus is not.  We have a very highly educated populace with multiple universities in and around the city.  Then the thunderstorm.  Are you having a hurricane?  Right, we have hurricane warnings and watches all the time since we are so far inland from any ocean.  We have had the rain and wind remnants from hurricanes, but no hurricanes.  And when he said oh we do get tornadoes - OMG OMG OMG - the squealing!  Then jumping like they'd never heard thunder or seen lightening.  Give me a damned break.  The thing is most thunderstorms last just a bit, then within the hour, it's gone.   Typical saying here is if you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes.  Yes, it can turn like that especially in the summer.  And hello, you both have smart phones - no weather apps to check the weather before you get to a city/area?  No, this is not the southwest, we typically do not wear cowboy hats.  It's called Google.  Get acquainted.

The whole flying out to Ohio, then the limo, then not getting the horse, all seemed suspect.  Fake as fake can be.  Rinna is losing me with her overreacting to EVERYTHING.  Lisa asks her to come - OMG it's the funniest thing in the world.  I would have said you're doing what?  Ok, sure I'll come or no, I can't make it on that day.  The end.  Then she sees Eileen at the restaurant, like she was being reunited with a long lost relative she'd not seen in 20 years.  It's just too much.

Why you would want a small horse when you don't have a proper pasture is beyond me.  The whole gift was really a gift for Lisa, dahhhhling.

• Love 3

I don't understand why the Lisas flew to Ohio to look at a miniature horse (and for that matter, ended up getting a pair from Texas).  There are plenty of miniature horse breeders in California. So yeah - as noted, the trip to Ohio was just a manufactured outing.

• Love 2

If LisaV had given into her impulse and taken the horse, I would have condemned her as irresponsible. Who takes an animal that has issues that have been hidden by the breeders on a plane across the country with no veteranarian care? It wouldn't even matter how great of a life a life Lisa and Ken could possibly give the horse. Why on earth would she risk flying the horse half way across the country with no sign off on his health?

If the breeders were trying to hide his leg, what other issues were they trying to hide? Was Lisa supposed to just take the horse and risk him dying mid flight? Or having him survive the trip only to be put down later due to later complications? I think Lisa took the most humane path.

• Love 4

I loved Lisa's "69" pun, but my reaction probably would have been the same as Pandora's if my mom said something like that in front of me.

What I thought was even weirder was Ken's reply to Lisa's pun:  "Who from?"  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you do "69" WITH someone?  If it's FROM someone, it ain't a "69".

... and Nikki's brother wasn't there either because of legal reasons.

I can't remember where I read it, but I think that Li'l Conrad was absent from his sister's wedding because the UK denied his application for a visa due to his criminal record.  Could be the same reason for Little Kimmy too.

I just don't see Lisa/Ken risking a lawsuit out of arrogance or laziness but MMV for others.

IIRC, there was proof on in-house video of at least a couple of the SH incidents.  When Ken was informed of that fact by one of his employees, he instructed said employee to destroy the video(s), which of course is a horribly crooked thing to do.  THAT'S why the plaintiff was awarded big-time punitive damages.  And they were imposed against Ken and Lisa individually, mind you.  

They DID try to argue their LLC should be charged with the punitives -- not them -- but it didn't work.  And my guess is Ken will be refraining from doing anything like that again anytime soon.

• Love 2

Kyle's not wanting her cast mates to comment on Kim is incredibly disingenuous since, as we've seen without fail, Kyle  thrives on people bringing up her sister -- and if they don't bring it up, she will...as Ramona/NY would say: "again and again and again and again. And again."

I don't remember Kyle ever being the one to bring up Kim's behavior.  And Kyle never tried to prevent her cast members from talking about Kim -- she said she simply didn't think it appropriate for her to be discussing Kim's issues with people who don't know her that well.  There's nothing disingenuous about that.

• Love 2

I don't remember Kyle ever being the one to bring up Kim's behavior.  And Kyle never tried to prevent her cast members from talking about Kim -- she said she simply didn't think it appropriate for her to be discussing Kim's issues with people who don't know her that well.  There's nothing disingenuous about that.

I could agree with that concerning LisaR/Eileen because they had only know Kim for/from 1 season with her, had she not been so nasty/ugly towards them last season but LisaR as gone over boad IMO.  LisaV HAS known Kim for years and Kim WAS talking smack about her in interviews when they were filming this season, so IMO, LisaV has earned the right to question Kyle what was going on with Kim and to comment about Kim's horrid behavior. JMO

• Love 2

Kyle obviously arranged for the sympathetic version of airing Kim's problems, Bethenny, the Aunt, etc.

Wait, did you forget "YOU'RE A GODDAMN ALCOHOLIC!" in the limo?  Ha.

In the finale of S1 (before Limogate), Kim arrives at the party and the then camera cuts to Kyle telling LisaV that Kim has been drinking. Kyle shares. Poor victimized Kyle loves to share. Again and again....

• Love 1

Kyle obviously arranged for the sympathetic version of airing Kim's problems, Bethenny, the Aunt, etc.

Wait, did you forget "YOU'RE A GODDAMN ALCOHOLIC!" in the limo?  Ha.

No, I didn't forget, and for the record, the quote was "You are sick and an alcoholic", AFTER Kim's "YOU STOLE MY GODDAMN HOUSE!".

• Love 6

No, I didn't forget, and for the record, the quote was "You are sick and an alcoholic", AFTER Kim's "YOU STOLE MY GODDAMN HOUSE!".

Thank you, Walnut Queen, for setting the record straight.  I knew she didn't call her sister a "goddamn alcoholic" in the limo.  It must be soul-suckingly awful to have put yourself and your spouse out time and time again for such a shitty, ungrateful sister and then constantly be blamed for bad things you didn't do.

• Love 5