Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

7 hours ago, SierraMist said:

I'm starting to like Brian Williams better now than when he first came back.  I think his 11th Hour show is a better format for him than hosting the after debate shows. 

Padma, thanks for posting the link to that exchange.  I can't believe how much Halperin is in the tank for Trump.  He tries to pretend he's objective on WADR, but his love for Trump is pretty thinly disguised.   

I stopped enjoying 'The Circus' as well. DJT's campaign is the definition of circus. Hillary's camp is more run of the mill one and they are more guarded. During the primary, R side gave so much more intriguing materials, while Bernie's story was nicely fit for the show from the other side. I get all of them and wasn't too bothered by the uneven coverage.
However, now the show feels more like 'Halperin Show' and his biased viewpoint is getting more noticeable since the conventions. I guess technically they have no obligation to be even-handed, but I can't stand they are normalizing/humanizing the reprehensible stuffs DJT does and those people around him like Roger Stone. Furthermore given the toxic circumstances and the stark contrast prospects of the two possible presidency scenarios, it's hard to enjoy this election as a circus like this show tries to portray.

• Love 7

As someone pointed out the other day, why MSNBC's Youtube feed is filled with Morning Joe clips? They put several from that show each day but very few from others. Not only that, it seems like majority of those few don't even appear on my default subscriptions page. I don't know if it's because the uploader opts not to or there's a setting error on my side. Anyway I've had to visit their channel to check those buried clips.

• Love 1

I don't know why MSNBC is constantly pushing Morning Joe and Meeeekaaah.  My husband watches most mornings...while cursing and yelling at the tv.  Surprisingly, he (hubby) is starting to detest Meekaah almost as much as he does Joe.  He says that at least Joe says something funny once in awhile and can laugh.  We have started eating breakfast/reading papers in separate rooms.  I refuse to get my day started with the kind of aggravation MJ brings; my husband says it gets him ready for golf.  This thread, plus the Morning Joe thread most always makes my day.  And YES to Brian Williams' take-down of Halperin.  Williams is slowly worming his way back into my good graces.

• Love 8

AM Joy gave a breakdown of early voting in GA by party preference.  I don't understand how this is possible since GA does not record party preference in voter registration.

Funny (just to me)--I just finished watching Bill Maher go off on the absurdity of religion in the election and then put on AM Joy in time to hear her interviewing clergypersons about the role of faith in elections.  Knowing that Bill and Joy are on the same side in this election.

I was hoping never to see Omarosa on my TV again but she was on AM Joy today.  Joy tried to stop her from talking over others but Omarosa kept on going. I wish Joy would have raised her voice and stopped the discourtesy right away as Joy was the first person Omarosa talked over.  Omarosa had her chance to talk but kept on interrupting others not giving them a chance to talk. I could not hear what the other panelists were saying.  Since she can't respect others and lies all the time, GET OMAROSA OFF MY TV. 

Next time, I will change channels as I do when KellyAnne is on.  Some people are such a waste of time.

• Love 10

I'm starting to detest A. J. Delgado most of all.  Chris Hayes had her on last night (I have no idea why they give her a platform).  She answered none of Chris's questions about Trump, turned everything back on an indictment of Hillary, talked a mile a minute, and was one of the most obnoxious Trump people ever to be on TV.  I don't even think Kellyanne is as bad (and she's pretty bad).  They must teach this rapid talking, get all the lies out as fast as you can, talk over everyone else, etc., at Trump Headquarters (the Art of Lying 101). 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SierraMist said:

I'm starting to detest A. J. Delgado most of all.  Chris Hayes had her on last night (I have no idea why they give her a platform).  She answered none of Chris's questions about Trump, turned everything back on an indictment of Hillary, talked a mile a minute, and was one of the most obnoxious Trump people ever to be on TV.  I don't even think Kellyanne is as bad (and she's pretty bad).  They must teach this rapid talking, get all the lies out as fast as you can, talk over everyone else, etc., at Trump Headquarters (the Art of Lying 101). 

A.J. Delgado is a Harvard Law graduate - which is why I think she gets some play on MSNBC as opposed to the ship of fools over on CNN.  But she's just as full of horse manure as the rest of them.  We get A.J., Cortes, Ellmers and Schlapp for the most part as opposed to McNinny, Death Panels McCaughey, Bullet Necklace Shoplifter Pierson and Shrieking Nell Hughes.

It's hard to believe that the group that MSNBC allows on are the sensible ones.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SierraMist said:

They must teach this rapid talking, get all the lies out as fast as you can, talk over everyone else, etc., at Trump Headquarters (the Art of Lying 101). 

I guess you were joking--sort of--but I do wonder if that's a tactic all campaigns employ for their surrogates.  In addition to Republicans, I've seen Democrats and third partiers do it as well in other campaigns. 

1 hour ago, NextIteration said:

Why the hell is Arms Bitchell™ dressed like it's -40° out?  Sure it's a blustery 50° but come on...

I suspect Andrea will be very happy if Hillary wins on Tuesday. MSNBC will probably show her crying tears of joy that Hillary is the first elected woman President. She has been a reporter for decades. It's tough for her competing with the other millenial road warriors.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I don't know why MSNBC is constantly pushing Morning Joe and Meeeekaaah.  My husband watches most mornings...while cursing and yelling at the tv.  Surprisingly, he (hubby) is starting to detest Meekaah almost as much as he does Joe.  He says that at least Joe says something funny once in awhile and can laugh.  We have started eating breakfast/reading papers in separate rooms.  I refuse to get my day started with the kind of aggravation MJ brings; my husband says it gets him ready for golf.  This thread, plus the Morning Joe thread most always makes my day.  And YES to Brian Williams' take-down of Halperin.  Williams is slowly worming his way back into my good graces.

Mika & Joe are unofficially a couple now, so the dynamics of the show have changed. Mika attacks loyal democrats like Harold Ford Jr & Donnie Deutshe much more frequently now when Joe is on the set than she did a few years ago. Donnie used to bring her fancy Louboutin shoes when he was a guest on the show. Mika used to squeal with delight.

Mika was a guest actress on Donnie's show. She also appeared in a Morning Joe commercial waking up in Donnie's bed. !

Harold usually agreed with Joe, so there was nothing to argue about.

I can't take Brian Williams as a serious political analyst. I enjoyed watching him on the Nightly News when he did the making a difference stories.

Halperin is one of America's highest rated political hacks. He almost won the coveted prize a few years ago. I think he is nice to Trump because he wants off the record stories for the 2016 Game Change book.

• Love 2
On 11/2/2016 at 6:20 PM, car54 said:

Eric Trump's wife, I think---she's in charge of the "women's outreach" with Omarosa.

It is starting to piss me off (no pun intended) with the MSNBC hosts calling nervous Democrats bedwetters.   

Trump's daughter in law seemed to know Roberts personally. Didn't Roberts used to host the Miss Universe pagent which is owned by Donald Trump. I think Roberts should disclose that he used to work on Trump's TV show.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

I suspect Andrea will be very happy if Hillary wins on Tuesday. MSNBC will probably show her crying tears of joy that Hillary is the first elected woman President. She has been a reporter for decades. It's tough for her competing with the other millenial road warriors.

I suspect you'd be dead wrong.  Arms Bitchell™ has spent decades being disdainful of anything Clinton.  If we see tears, they will be tears of bitter, bitter jealousy.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, car54 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen him mention it on air before that he'd hosted the pageant.

It's widely known that tRump had Roberts judge the Miss Universe pageant the year it was in Russia - it was a hot topic on Way too Early and Morning Joe for quite awhile.  It gave Me-eka another opportunity to cluck-cluck about beauty pageants.

• Love 1

I am so looking forward to not seeing Kellyanne on the screen anymore in about 48 hours.  Trump may be grumping around, but she will go back to her old job or on to a new one, right?  I think Giuliani will be very, very lonely by Wednesday morning.  Who will associate with him?  And Trump will be off to a bunker with a golf course while his son-in-law and Bannon plot the new Trump media empire. 

Katy Tur just tweeted that Kellyanne said this new FBI finding (clearing HRC again) does not matter one way or another, "because it has not been the focus of our campaign."  No, just in every speech over the past nine days. 

I'll post over in the Maddow thread, but remember, she is on this evening!  (9:00 ET, I think). 

I'm assuming we will be seeing a lot of new faces as anchors on MSNBC in about 10 days, when all the regular anchors take a well-earned break! 

• Love 8

Andrea Mitchell is the real deal, bare arms or not. She went to a real university (Penn) and worked her way up the hard way from radio to local news to national news. Nothing was ever handed to her. She is married to a powerful man but had earned her stripes before she did so (cough cough). If she has been critical of Clintons it is because they deserved it. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

heh, Cory blocked her.

Well, that is not much of a trick, because his Twitter account is visible to everyone else.  I think it is one more badge of honor for Katy Tur! 

16 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Andrea Mitchell is the real deal, bare arms or not. She went to a real university (Penn) and worked her way up the hard way from radio to local news to national news. Nothing was ever handed to her. She is married to a powerful man but had earned her stripes before she did so (cough cough). If she has been critical of Clintons it is because they deserved it. 

I think I have seen her in two different winter coats today.  No bare arms in NH!  Just the right to bear arms.  (I know, it's a very old joke)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Deserved criticism is one thing.  Open contempt is quite another.  Andrea doesn't even try to be a "reporter" anymore.  She gave up her neutrality/objectivity a long time ago.  

• Love 16

Was Chris drunk tonight?  Michelle Bernard was trying to explain to him that the KKK magazine endorsing Drumpf was "a thing," while Chris kept insisting through his White Male Privilege that the KKK was nothing and he just kept repeating himself.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, NextIteration said:

heh, Cory blocked her.

Don't know if this is affecting everyone, but something in your post with the tweet image is making my screen keep jolting up and down, even past your post.  Any chance you could change the image to a jpg?

Just now, 33kaitykaity said:

Was Chris drunk tonight?  Michelle Bernard was trying to explain to him that the KKK magaine endorsing Drumpf was "a thing," while Chris kept insisting through his White Male Privelege that the KKK was nothing and he just kept repeating himself.  

OMG I just watched that!

She and Kurt Andersen looked stunned.

I am stunned.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, jjj said:

Don't know if this is affecting everyone, but something in your post with the tweet image is making my screen keep jolting up and down, even past your post.  Any chance you could change the image to a jpg?

Me too also.  

7 minutes ago, jjj said:

5 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Me too also.  

Might want to report it here.

Not sure that's your issue but remember other reports.

Chris Matthews. ::shakes head::

5 hours ago, NextIteration said:

I suspect you'd be dead wrong.  Arms Bitchell™ has spent decades being disdainful of anything Clinton.  If we see tears, they will be tears of bitter, bitter jealousy.

Doesn't MSNBC use Andrea in their ads joking around with Hillary? I would think that Andrea & Hillary would be very friendly socially, because her husband, Alan Greenspan was reappointed to chair the Federal Reserve  by Bill Clinton.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Doesn't MSNBC use Andrea in their ads joking around with Hillary? I would think that Andrea & Hillary would be very friendly socially, because her husband, Alan Greenspan was reappointed to chair the Federal Reserve  by Bill Clinton.

Well, it all depends on what the meaning of indefatigable is.  I don't think it's a compliment when Clinton feeds it back at Bitchell™ when she asked a dumb question on the tarmac.

Nicolle Wallace is very glam tonight -- used her day off for highlights, styling, and new makeup.  Ready for prime time on Tuesday!   This 9:00 PM/ET panel (Brian, Rachel, Nicolle, Eugene) does look like it might be the panel that is doing analysis on Tuesday (hopefully minus Chris Matthews, who should be in another location). 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, car54 said:

Why are they letting Chris rattle on when Mr Khan is introducing Hillary in NH.   Come on, man!

Plus, James Taylor did a 45 minute concert. 

And we got CM the KKK denier.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NextIteration said:

It's widely known that tRump had Roberts judge the Miss Universe pageant the year it was in Russia - it was a hot topic on Way too Early and Morning Joe for quite awhile.  It gave Me-eka another opportunity to cluck-cluck about beauty pageants.

Yes, I remember Mika getting very upset about Trump's pageants. Surely, Thomas Roberts must have witnessed Trump's boorish behavior when he was a host. Why didn't he say anything then? It's just odd that Trump was a regular part of NBC when he hosted the Apprentice & broadcast the Miss Universe pagents on the network. Why didn't any of the Access Hollywood tapes, sexual assault allegations etc come out when he was on NBC? Was the news division told to "look the other way", because Trump's shows made NBC money?

• Love 1

I am ready for this campaign to be o.v.e.r.  And I am ready for the media (mainly TV) to take a good long look at themselves and the way they fell all over themselves this past year, providing so much free air time for Trump.  How many times did we see the words "Breaking News" and then watch the media broadcast Trump making meaningless announcements?  I'm tired of the talking-over-each-other panels and the inclusion of party shills.  As the Italians would say, "Basta!"

• Love 10

Case in point about Mrs Greenspan, once again, even in perfect circumstances for Hillary - has to swallow hard to say anything nice.  It's really pathetic and I for one will never forget her mean girl decade's worth of nastiness.

eta: No, tRump won't win the Iron Range - because Minnesotans are not fools generally speaking - to win the Iron Range one would have to assume that folks up there can't read that tRump used Chinese steel.  Also - if he wanted folks from Up North - he shouldn't have shown up at a hangar in the Twin Cities. 

eta: my stabby hate for Kornacki grows - KERRY WON PA IN 2004, SHUT UP!  Don't get me started on Hewitt, it's amazing that some "unprotected" kids actually do make it into really good schools, based on their performance (Michelle and Barack Obama), what, does that threaten you?  Seriously, Hillsdale?  Screw off.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Plus, James Taylor did a 45 minute concert. 

And we got CM the KKK denier.

Lol, even if Matthews was "denying" the KKK, I'd take Tweety over Taylor, who hasn't done anything interesting music-wise for 30+ years and who epitomizes that late-middle-aged-fart mushy East Coast elite liberal-but-not-progressive Martha's Vineyard crowd that Hillary should be distancing herself from if she wants the young-and-pissed voter bloc that Bernie won.

• Love 3

Aw thanks, annzeepark914. 1970s James Taylor was great (and he was hot, albeit a heroin addict), I just don't see the appeal of him now to people who aren't in Hillary's camp to begin with, unlike say Lebron James in Ohio today, who really *could* inspire young people, especially his younger fans in Ohio, to go out and vote.  Especially given Hillary's iffy history with African-Americans.  Pretty good choice for a rally guest on her part.

Just heard Tweety refer to Comey giving Clinton a "clean bill of health."  Whatever. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mumbles said:

On an oddly related note: Andrea Mitchell was born in 1946. My mom was born in 1946. Her husband Alan Greenspan was born in 1926. My dad was born in 1926. My parents, though, have been married about 25 years longer than they have (they're still married!).

• Love 1
14 hours ago, NextIteration said:

I suspect you'd be dead wrong.  Arms Bitchell™ has spent decades being disdainful of anything Clinton.

It has been obvious this year as I watched Andrea, that she is not objective about Clinton.  Even if the story is about someone else, she always throws in negative comments about Hillary. When it first caught my attention, I commented to my husband but didn't expect it to continue. Every time I saw her on this and other shows, she continued to bring up Hillary even if there was another topic on the table.  If she comes on a show, it is a good time to step away to do something else so I haven't watched her for a few weeks.

• Love 8

I don't post often but I read this forum and watch MSNBC prime time. Just want to say that while I will be able to vote in my home district tomorrow I will have to spend the evening in a hotel room that does not carry MSNBC!! Ackkkk I'm stuck with CNN for election night! Unless I want to watch Fox. 

Sooooo bummed

• Love 2

Mr Khan was on this morning with Stephanie, and as always, the goodness of this man brings me to tears.   He said he has speaking appearances scheduled through May and I think it is so great that he will continue to go out and spread his message.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, jjj said:

I am so looking forward to not seeing Kellyanne on the screen anymore in about 48 hours.  Trump may be grumping around, but she will go back to her old job or on to a new one, right?  I think Giuliani will be very, very lonely by Wednesday morning.  Who will associate with him?  And Trump will be off to a bunker with a golf course while his son-in-law and Bannon plot the new Trump media empire. 

Katy Tur just tweeted that Kellyanne said this new FBI finding (clearing HRC again) does not matter one way or another, "because it has not been the focus of our campaign."  No, just in every speech over the past nine days. 

I'll post over in the Maddow thread, but remember, she is on this evening!  (9:00 ET, I think). 

I'm assuming we will be seeing a lot of new faces as anchors on MSNBC in about 10 days, when all the regular anchors take a well-earned break! 

Here's to hoping that Kellyanne disappears in a puff of smoke never to be seen or heard from again.  Oh, and she can take that self-aggrandizing, famewhoring too, Omarosa, with her.

I suspect that they will have to peel Drumpf off the ceiling because he will have the mother of all meltdowns.  His new alt-right buddies will be planning some kind of revenge plot against his enemies.  They'll drop him like a hot potato at some point.  He was the useful idiot through whom they were able to take their hateful platform mainstream; they don't need him anymore once he gets that TV venture going.

As for Ghouliani, he should worry about his new friends on the Hill, who will be preparing subpoenas for him and his rogue FBI agent friends to appear for hearings.  Because even if Drumpf loses this thing "bigly," this FBI stuff isn't going away.  Nor, are the investigations into the Russian ties.

Oh, and Putin will shove all the pieces on his chessboard to the floor in a fit of rage.  The pawn chess piece that was carved to look like Drumpf will be crushed under his boot until it is nothing but dust.

• Love 11

Nice of Trump to announce his cabinet before tomorrow so we have even more reasons not to vote for him.

While everything leans toward Trump not behaving well if he loses, I do think back to when he lost in Iowa and then he was very humble and behaved well about it, so we can only hope.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, car54 said:

Nice of Trump to announce his cabinet before tomorrow so we have even more reasons not to vote for him.

Oh dear sweet baby jeebus, this is frightening (if not predictable)...

Donald Trump's cabinet-in-waiting is taking shape in the final days of the race, as aides eye a number of Trump loyalists for major posts should he win on Tuesday.

Among the names being considered, according to conversations with three campaign advisers who requested anonymity to speak freely: Rudy Giuliani for attorney general, Newt Gingrich for secretary of state, retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin for Treasury secretary, and Republican National Committee finance chair Lew Eisenberg for commerce secretary. <snip>

Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, a loyal supporter, has taken a major role managing the transition effort, especially as the official transition chief, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, has drifted from the campaign. It's not clear Christie is being considered for a significant role in a potential administration either.

The conservative Heritage Foundation is also helping vet names, along with some veterans of Romney's run and the second Bush administration. Running mate Mike Pence is heavily involved and is expected to have a major role in a Trump administration, similar to more active vice presidents like Joe Biden and Al Gore.

One telling name under consideration could point to how Trump, who has sounded torn between co-opting the existing GOP and smashing it to bits, might govern as president.

Reince Priebus, the current RNC chairman, is under consideration as Trump's chief of staff. Priebus earned Trump's trust over the course of the campaign by steadfastly defending him while other top Republicans denounced Trump or shied away from brand.

• Love 1

In a special edition of Hardball yesterday, Chris pronounced Khazir Kahn's name Kaiser.  Oy.

Later while on a special edition of MPT Daily, Chris kept referring to Hillary as President even though Chuck reminded a few times, we haven't had the election yet.  To which he basically replied, whatever.  LOL

• Love 3

Andrea was so pleased that Beyonce referenced the "stay home and bake cookies" line that Hilary gave during an interview Andrea had with her back in the nineties.

Pop culture relevance!

• Love 1

Arms Bitchell™ was at it again this morning.  In a gaggle before Hillary boarded her plane in White Plains, Hillary was talking in an uplifting manner about how she wants to represent everyone in the country whether they voted for her or not, and how she knows she has a lot of hard work to do to unite the country - Bitchell™ pipes up from the background with a question about Comey and the emails.  Clinton blew her off and said something about running hard until the last vote is counted.  Bitchell™ then huffed past Kasie Hunt who had turned around for a live shot.  Bitchell™ was once again dressed for the arctic tundra in her red jacket from yesterday.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Was Chris drunk tonight?  Michelle Bernard was trying to explain to him that the KKK magazine endorsing Drumpf was "a thing," while Chris kept insisting through his White Male Privilege that the KKK was nothing and he just kept repeating himself.  

That exchange explained to me some of Chris' problems this election. He see the bigoted lower middle class part of Trump's base as being like the people he grew up with in Philly. He doesn't see how white nationalists are appealing to many of them and how Trump's dog whistles strengthen all those hate groups, including the KKK which is NOT just some laughable "fringe" group. The white nationalist movement has been strengthened by Trump-Bossie-Bannon and isn't the same as "prejudice among economically depressed white working class voters".

I was waiting for her to mention that, because of Trump, David Duke is running for the senate as a Republican--and got enough support to be in the "legitimate" debate.  Of course, he talked over her, dismissing her point, so she didn't have a chance.

They'll show Giuliani introducing Trump but not Khan introducing Hillary? Why, MSNBC, why?

• Love 1