Type keyword(s) to search

S28 Spoilers & Speculation: On and On and On and On...

• Start Topic

Season 28 is in the middle of filming.

Theme: Rivals 3

Women:

Ashley Mitchell (RW: Explosion)

Avery Trestler (RW: Portland)

Briana Lacuesta (AYTO 2)

Camilla Nakagawa

Cheyenne Floyd ( AYTO 3)

Christina LeBlanc ( AYTO 2)

Jenna Compton ( RW Explosion)

Jessica McCain ( RW Portland)

Queen KellyAnne Judd

Nany Gonzalez

Nicole Ramos ( Bloodlines, Many Cousin)

Sarah Rice

Simone Kelly (AYTO 1)

Amanda Garcia (AYTO 3) Replacement

Men:

Brandon Tinsel (AYTO 2)

Cory Wharton (RW Explosion)

Dario Medrano (AYTO 2)

Devin Walker (AYTO Season 3)

Jamie Banks ( The Challenge Bloodlines, Cara Maria relative)

Johnny Bananas

Johnny Reilly

Leroy Garret

Nathan Siebenmark ( AYTO 2)

Nelson Thomas (AYTO 3) Replacement

Tony Raines (RW Skeletons)

Thomas Bull (RW Explosion)

Vince Galatea ( The Challenge Bloodlines)

Wes Bergmann

Teams:

Kelly Anne/Jamie Banks

Wes/Camilla

Bananas/Sarah

Johnny R/Jessica (Why they didn't go Avery/Johnny, I don't know)

Leroy/Averey

Devin/Cheyenne

Thomas/Simone

Nelson/Amanda (Replacements)

Cory/Ashley

Dario/Nany

Nate/Christina

Tony/Nicole

Brandon/Briana

Vince/Jenna

Elimination Order:

Leroy/Avery (DQ, Leroy got injured)

Devin/Cheyenne

Johnny/Jessica

Thomas/Simone

Nelson/Amanda (Replacement)

*Camilla's grandmother died and no one knows yet if she left the game or stayed.

*Brandon is rumored to have gotten DQ'ed, but that is still rumors.

*Apparently Ashley will surprise a lot of people with her performance.

Just going for a Wes/Camilla and Kelly Anne/Jamie finale.

I don't know who 99% of these people are. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons of Real World and have never seen Are You The One.

But I'll still watch anyway.

Same here.  I am watching the current season and I have no clue who most of the new people are (Not the loved ones obviously).  I hate that the AYTO are cast on this show because they really have nothing to do with the RW, RR, or previous Challenges.  But I get why they are doing it, mainly because the RW seems to be on its last legs and so there are fewer and fewer people in the pool to pick from.

The final 3 are:

Devin/Cheyenne

Sarah/Bananas

Jenna/Vince

Please let Devin/Cheyenne win. I would laugh my ass off.

Ashley M. Got injured but stayed in the competition for quite a bit. People say that she makes quite an impression and kicks ass for her first challenge.

• Love 1

Wow...this is the most disappointing Challenge cast in 28 seasons, IMO. I do NOT want AYTO people all over this show like it appears they will be. Ugh. I can't not watch because I've seen 27 seasons but this sounds like shit. There is literally no one to root for in this list for me.

How the F%#k is

Jenna getting to all these finals?  Is this the third for her?

Because she is riding the Layup wave. Very well and quite profitably it seems. Maybe the vets should reconsider their strategy.

According to Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challenge_(TV_series)#The_Challenge_lingo

" Coined in Rivals II, a "layup" is a metaphorical usage referring to efforts made to ensure that a season's weakest contestant or team or at least highly weakest contestant or team makes it to the final mission. In this sense, a weak contestant/team is given a free ticket to the final mission by most or all of a season's cast. The logic behind this method is that competing against a weaker contestant/team in the final mission creates for a more sure-fire win with least amount of effort as possible. The move is performed by contestants/teams refraining from voting weak links into elimination rounds."

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 1:37 PM, Aaron4102 said:

Results are in:

Winners: Bananas & Sarah

2nd Place: Jenna & Vince

3rd Place: Devin & Cheyenne

I guess this spoiler list ended up being incorrect.  I have a feeling that the winners and the second place teams are still correct but obviously the third place team is not.  The reason why I think Vince does good in this challenge is when they were doing either the after show or the reunion show they showed clips of Vince sucking at the challenges.  Anyway, Johnny said something like (I am paraphrasing here because I do not recall exactly what he said), "Don't worry you did great the next time around."

(edited)

They do bring in replacements for Leroy & Averey (Nelson & Amanda from AYTO? Season 3, who will arrive next week) but Cheyenne & Devin will return at some point due to another teams DQ. If you go back and watch the trailer, around the 43 second mark there's a clip where you see a man on fire and all the remaining teams are in their jerseys standing on boxes in the background. The third team from the right is Devin & Cheyenne

The team they replace is either Brandon & Briana (due to Brandon quitting or getting DQ'd some other way) or possibly Thomas & Simone as their cast bio on the mtv site implies that one of them gets injured. It's not really clear at this point

Edited by Aaron4102
(edited)

Final Challenge/Reunion Spoilers

Apparently there was an unexpected twist with the final challenge. While each player competed in the final alongside their partner, each player somehow received an individual number of points during the final (based on what I have no idea). Once the final was over, and the 1st/2nd/3rd/ place teams were announced, the team member with the most points would get to decide between a) splitting the money evenly with their partner or b) keeping all the money for themselves.

3rd Place - Devin & Cheyenne. Whoever had more points (probably Devin) chose to split the $25,000 with their partner ($12,500 per player)

2nd Place - Jenna & Vince - Whoever had more points chose to split  the $50,000 with their partner ($25,000 per player)

1st Place (Winners) Bananas & Sarah - Bananas had a lot more points than Sarah and chose to keep ALL the money for himself. So Bananas walked away with all $275,000 while Sarah got nothing

Reunion Spoilers (filmed yesterday in NYC)

Reunion Cast: Bananas, Sarah, Jenna, Vince, Cheyenne, Devin, Dario, Nicole, Wes, Nany, Cory, Ashley, Nate & Camila

Sarah was pissed and she argued with Bananas at the reunion. They're enemies again. Devin stuck up for her and he got into it with Bananas and Vince. Sarah ran away crying and called Bananas out for cheating on his girlfriend and revealed that he took adderal for the "Up All Night" mission.

Vince/Jenna won nothing all season but the very first mission.

There was a lot of nonstop fighting during the reunion.

Devin and Ashley argued.

Nicole and Cory argued. Cory said that Dario should have come up to him before he voted him and Ashley into the jungle and said he that he truly had Dario's back.

Wes actually agreed with Bananas move and said it was smart that he ended up taking all of the money and said Sarah went on a public relations tour against Bananas for a year.

Vince stuck up for Bananas a lot when Devin and Sarah went at him. He said "How many people have helped Bananas to a final?" and Wes said "They're all on the banned list." alluding to Evan and Kenny

Bananas and Nany are cool. Wes ran into them getting dinner and sat with them for two hours and him and Bananas are actually cool outside the show. Wes even said Bananas is one of his favorites in the house for the first few min before they end up turning against each other

Sarah looked depressed throughout the whole reunion and said she never wants to speak to Bananas again.

Devin/Cheyenne got a free ride to the finals and never stepped in the jungle so either Bananas/Sarah or Vince/Jenna eliminates Dario/Nicole in the final elimination.

Nicole really despises Nate and he feels that she's the one that got away.

Ashley M. was hilarious at the reunion because she was super hammered.

Edited by Aaron4102
  • Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Aaron4102 said:

Apparently there was an unexpected twist with the final challenge. While each player competed in the final alongside their partner, each player somehow received an individual number of points during the final (based on what I have no idea). Once the final was over, and the 1st/2nd/3rd/ place teams were announced, the team member with the most points would get to decide between a) splitting the money evenly with their partner or b) keeping all the money for themselves.

3rd Place - Devin & Cheyenne. Whoever had more points (probably Devin) chose to split the $25,000 with their partner ($12,500 per player)

2nd Place - Jenna & Vince - Whoever had more points chose to split  the $50,000 with their partner ($25,000 per player)

1st Place (Winners) Bananas & Sarah - Bananas had a lot more points than Sarah and chose to keep ALL the money for himself. So Bananas walked away with all $275,000 while Sarah got nothing

Wooooow!  If that's true, the Challenge gamemakers are really stepping it up, cause that is quite the twist.  And so much for all of John's protestations that he would never do what Sarah did to him to a "friend".  A hypocrite till the end!

The more I think about this, it's extra fucked up when you consider how good a teammate Sarah has been to him, despite all his bitching and the nasty way he treated her during the first half of the season.  I've already said, if I was his partner and he spoke to me/about me the way he did to Sarah the first couple days of the trip, I would have thrown every damn challenge just to piss him off. 

Edited by luckyroll3
More John hate.
  • Love 2

If the rest of the Challenge universe has any brains at all, he has just thrown away anyone ever trusting him again (other than Vince).  

And I've always suspected that Wes and John are friendly outside of the competition.  They're both smart enough to know that them feuding is worth more to the show than them getting along.  

• Love 2

This just...doesn't seem fair. Maybe on show themed "best friends" or "love interests" but a show specifically geared towards "rvials"? And an opposite sex pair at that? (Assuming the points system was physical performance related). Not fair at all. Especially since it's not like Sarah chose him for a partner and had the chance to swap for someone else.

At first I felt sorry for Sarah. Then I realized the tears probably weren't about the lost income, but rather the realization she'll never truly be his friend.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

At first I felt sorry for Sarah. Then I realized the tears probably weren't about the lost income, but rather the realization she'll never truly be his friend.

You are probably spot on with this.  She needs some fricken self-esteem injected into her.  It's so sad to be at her age and still get upset when someone, who treats you like shit, doesn't want to be your friend.  She should be rejoicing. 

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2

The funny part is that you know she probably came back from her self-imposed retirement because she had some idea this was going to be a Rivals thing where she'd get paired up with John.  She probably figured the two of them together would win, so she went for it.  And, well, they did win.  I'm annoyed with her, but I do hope that she decides to come back for another season hell bent on beating him.  She's a strong enough competitor and has sucked up to enough people that she could mount a serious anti-Bananas faction.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Watermelon said:

That is utterly delicious. Now, if anyone at any point EVER asks like Bananas would ever do the fair thing there's one more "bitch please" to add to the list.

I wouldn't count on it. I can just see John saying that he WOULD have shared with Sarah, but she made it clear at the BOTE2 reunion that they WEREN'T friends. 

This whole season feels like it was specifically orchestrated so John could exact revenge on everyone who he feels wronged him. 

Also, not AT ALL surprised that Nany still likes John. 

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, Aaron4102 said:

Wes actually agreed with Bananas move and said it was smart that he ended up taking all of the money and said Sarah went on a public relations tour against Bananas for a year.

After seeing this week's episode, it kinda makes sense why Wes would be okay with John doing this to Sarah. 

• Love 2

How long ago was this season filmed? It hasn't even been a year, right? Plus, in that podcast of Sarah and Susie's, which I believe was recorded in June, Sarah says she likes Bananas now. So now I'm totally confused.

On July 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Aaron4102 said:

Reunion Spoilers (filmed yesterday in NYC)

Reunion Cast: Bananas, Sarah, Jenna, Vince, Cheyenne, Devin, Dario, Nicole, Wes, Nany, Cory, Ashley, Nate & Camila

Sarah was pissed and she argued with Bananas at the reunion. They're enemies again. Devin stuck up for her and he got into it with Bananas and Vince. Sarah ran away crying and called Bananas out for cheating on his girlfriend and revealed that he took adderal for the "Up All Night" mission.

Vince/Jenna won nothing all season but the very first mission.

There was a lot of nonstop fighting during the reunion.

Devin and Ashley argued.

Nicole and Cory argued. Cory said that Dario should have come up to him before he voted him and Ashley into the jungle and said he that he truly had Dario's back.

Vince stuck up for Bananas a lot when Devin and Sarah went at him. He said "How many people have helped Bananas to a final?" and Wes said "They're all on the banned list." alluding to Evan and Kenny

Bananas and Nany are cool. Wes ran into them getting dinner and sat with them for two hours and him and Bananas are actually cool outside the show. Wes even said Bananas is one of his favorites in the house for the first few min before they end up turning against each other

Sarah looked depressed throughout the whole reunion and said she never wants to speak to Bananas again.

Devin/Cheyenne got a free ride to the finals and never stepped in the jungle so either Bananas/Sarah or Vince/Jenna eliminates Dario/Nicole in the final elimination.

Nicole really despises Nate and he feels that she's the one that got away.

Ashley M. was hilarious at the reunion because she was super hammered.

All of this is so believable, especially the part about Ashley being hammered. I appreciate Devin willing to stand up to Johnny (and Vince, I guess), because it doesn't happen often enough. I'm also not surprised that Wes and Johnny are cool outside of this show; they both look like they come on this show and know they have to play a certain part. Their rivalry is a constant storyline when they're both on.

Now about that twist. That's wildly delicious and evil. I can't say I'm upset that Sarah got screwed over after the way she's been acting this season. Once again drinking the Johnny koolaid. On the other hand, this seems like TPTB set it up for Johnny to get his revenge and that doesn't sit well with me, because he deserved every bit of what Sarah did to him on BOTE2. I just wish it was somebody else teaching her this lesson. Like Johnny really needs this ego stroked and it doesn't matter how hypocritical or wrong he is, he always has an excuse. The twist is stupid, though. Especially as someone mentioned on this challenge, RIVALS. It's just too manipulated and that part I can't stand. Of course, Johnny will outperform Sarah individually in a final and to give him the option of splitting the money or keeping it for himself, is so so wrong.

Every time some recaps the reunion show, it always gets me excited for the actual show. Problem is that they always leave out the good stuff. Like, I doubt they'll keep in that part of Sarah mentioning that Johnny was on Adderall for the "Up All Night" mission. I'm glad someone mentions that Johnny cheats on his girlfriends, though. Not only is it obvious, but it seems that everyone that comes on these challenges seems to protect him by never mentioning it or denying it. Whatever. I'm glad Wes doesn't take these things too seriously. He can get some really zingers on Johnny and that makes me happy.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

How long ago was this season filmed? It hasn't even been a year, right? Plus, in that podcast of Sarah and Susie's, which I believe was recorded in June, Sarah says she likes Bananas now. So now I'm totally confused.

This challenge was filmed from early November through mid December 2015

(edited)

In the Media thread, there's a report that a lot of the regular, non-AYTO, cast members were declining to participate in the upcoming season.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the information leaking out among the regulars that one member of each winning team was given the decision as to whether to split their winnings with their partner or not.  I already said in here that this is going to make it harder for cast members to trust John, but really, it also damages the trust cast members have in production.  They now know that it's possible to show up, compete, do everything right, and win the whole season and not get your winnings.  That has to cause some of them to re-consider showing up.  Even if you're someone who usually shows up just for the free vacation, you still have to be wary of the idea that, if you do rightfully win, you might not get the prize.  

It seems like this was such a bone-headed idea to give John his "win" over Sarah, who had "betrayed" him.  

Although I will say that there is a small cynical part of me who wonders if this was all fake-ish.  You have Sarah, who retired and got married, coming back for a season where she just happens to be teamed up with John as rivals.  They win, and, hey, look at that, John gets the chance to decide if she gets any money at all, so he keeps it all to get his revenge on Sarah for sending him in to an elimination two seasons ago.  Sarah and John are both people who would play out a story if the producers gave it to them.  It wouldn't surprise me to hear some time down the line that Sarah really got paid.  I know John is a petulant childish asshole, but if there's one thing he's smart about, it's playing this game.  So I can go either way on whether or not he'd be stupid enough to endanger his future ability to get people to trust him on Challenges  just to get his "revenge" moment.  Because if he was thinking strategically, "magnanimously" still splitting the pot with the partner who had "betrayed" him in the past would have made his ass golden for a while.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3

I could almost believe the whole thing was a set up and Sarah got paid behind the scenes...but is she good enough actor to be able to cry on command at the reunion? Or did they withhold the money from her just long enough to get a sincere reaction?

• Love 2

Interesting to watch last night's After Show, knowing what the spoilers reveal.  John kept acting like he and Sarah are BFF's, but if you watched her face, even though she essentially went along with whatever was said, there were multiple times where her expression read as clear distaste and anger.  And then there was her encouraging Nany to be done with John, because he always shits on her.  She almost definitely does not like the guy at this point, just judging from body language and facial expressions, but she played good little soldier and didn't show it, since it would ruin the narrative at this point in the season.  I did appreciate the host's emphasis on how much of a big old baby John was about what Sarah did, complete with disclosing that he had actually emailed production ahead of the start of the season to throw a tantrum after he found out Sarah was cast.  I hope everyone has those details in mind when we see John take the money and run.  

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, Tatum said:

I wouldn't count on it. I can just see John saying that he WOULD have shared with Sarah, but she made it clear at the BOTE2 reunion that they WEREN'T friends. 

This whole season feels like it was specifically orchestrated so John could exact revenge on everyone who he feels wronged him

Also, not AT ALL surprised that Nany still likes John. 

That was my first thought, that production invited Sarah just so John could screw her over. Could they make it any clearer that he's their golden boy? That's just seriously messed up. I do feel for Sarah, because no matter who she had been paired up with, she would've tried her best and expected her share when they won. I don't think Sarah deserved to get used like that just because she was a suck up to her douche of a partner who wouldn't have made it to the finals if not for her efforts.

I don't usually read spoilers but I was curious if Devin and Cheyenne made it to the finals (it was obvious who was going to get 1st and 2nd).  Good on them for finishing. Guess that 3rd place thing didn't work out for Nicole and Dario.

I hate Sarah as much as Bananas at this point so I'm pleased with this outcome.  Yes, he's a jerk and it sucks that she got screwed over.  I would probably feel sorry for any other person.  I would have felt sorry for her two seasons ago. As it stands though, she became absolutely intolerable once she realized going along with whatever the cool kids say gets you somewhere on this show.  They all do it but she sits there and tries to pretend she is above it all.  She somehow thinks she's better than everyone else when she's the worst butt kisser.  She felt so much gratification when Johnny said he was happy to see her, it was disgusting to watch. She sits by while they bully people when she was in the same spot not that long ago. She got smug, let her guard down, and got what was coming to her.  I'm only watching to see her downfall at this point. 

• Love 6

I can't wait to see her face when she is told. I was already tickled by the way her head instantly snapped around to look at him and he couldn't meet her eye when Teege made the announcement. She knew in her gut then and that's why she started asking him right away at the first mission. This will be rich!

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:47 PM, Aaron4102 said:

Vince stuck up for Bananas a lot when Devin and Sarah went at him. He said "How many people have helped Bananas to a final?" and Wes said "They're all on the banned list." alluding to Evan and Kenny. 

No Wes, the list is long and inexplicably includes every challenge girl John's ever hooked up with as well as every team who won a mission and didn't throw him into elimination. They've all helped him to finals. Losing my love for you Wes.

Devin better watch out or he'll be paired with Vince on the next Rivals.

Interesting to note that in the first episode when TJ is explaining the prize for each place, when he announces third place money a group shot is shown, when he says second place, they cut to a shot of Vince and Jenna, followed by a shot of Brandon and his partner, then Simone and Cory, then end up back on Vince and Jenna while he says $50,000. While he's announcing $275,000 for first place, you guessed it, they show Sarah and John, cut to TJ, back to Sarah and John. I've never paid attention to see if they gave the winners away in the editing before.

After bragging that he bartends for the Britney Spears show (I know I'm impressednotreally), Leroy says that's what he does, he works, parties and does challenges. Other than the work part he sounds like he's becoming John 2.0. I used to like him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dangwoodchucks said:

After bragging that he bartends for the Britney Spears show (I know I'm impressednotreally), Leroy says that's what he does, he works, parties and does challenges. Other than the work part he sounds like he's becoming John 2.0. I used to like him. 

How old is Leroy?  I don't begrudge young people living it up and having fun while they're young, but, at some point, you need to start adulting, Leroy.