Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I did skip that proposal, actually. But it's maddening to me that Steffy won't pull her inner Ross out and tell him "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" And explain, in detail, that he left her and immediately went to play hero and with all the times he'd run to Hope she didn't bother to question his behavior.

I still laugh think of Steffy breaking down to call her BTW when he'd been gone too long.

• Love 5
(edited)

OK I'm about to go all UO here so don't hurt me.

If Show wants me to believe that the Thomas-Caroline "misunderstanding' wasn't rape, then I'll go with it.  Willing suspension of disbelief and all that plus SL purposes.  This in no way means I think it was a misunderstanding or that Thomas's behavior wan't heinous.

But..... Today is the first day in it seems like forever that I saw a relaxed, happy Caroline,  Not the anxious, uptight, scared little girl about to be chastised and lectured by Daddy Ridge that she usually is,

Caroline and Thomas had an easy friendly vibe, and for all the goofy joking talk between the two of them, she came across as an adult -- as a grown woman talking to the father of her son.

And yes Thomas can be creepy, and he's a dog with a bone when it comes to the Steffy-Liam thing -- but when he's with Douglas, he acts like a father who is absolutely besotted with his new son and who can't believe his luck. 

For all his many, many faults Thomas loves being a father and I really believe  he wants to be a good one.  I'm willing to watch how this plays out.

Actually I think Ridge will sabotage his marriage because his anger at losing the CEO position is going to turn on Caroline for insisting that the truth come out. That anger is going to push Caroline toward Thomas. First as someone to talk to about Ridge's attitude and then possibly more.

Edited by La di Diva
spelling
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

So, if Zende sent the dress to the motel does that mean Rick and Maya kicked Nicole out after she had the baby ?

Zende's smoothest move for me was " Come look at this view (in case you never looked out a window when you lived here)." 

I thought Nicole was included with Rick and Maya in the exodus from Chez Forrester to Brooke's house. I don't think she lives at the motel with her parents, but I could be wrong. How awkward would that be? Especially since it sounds like Mom and Pop have already called dibs on the room's two double beds. /wink-wink. (I'm surprised they still share quarters. I thought Julius had to go find his own place.) In any case, it still was odd that Nicole would go to their motel room to get ready for a big date.

I'm tired of these women settling for the cheap-ass men who won't/can't properly court them. Yep. I'll bet that dinner was conjured up by FC catering and Mother Nature graciously provided the entertainment with the free daily sunset. Also, even if a decent dinner is offered, the poor woman doesn't even get a chance to eat it because the guy is too busy macking on her and trying to lure her into the bedroom.

That dress was ugly and that gaudy necklace didn't help. I thought Sasha looked good though. I don't know why she's wasting her time on that dull drab Zende. He's no prize.

As you can probably tell, today's episode bored me to tears.

Yeah. I'm OK with Thomas and Caroline getting together to raise their son. They looked like young parents having fun with and marveling in the wonder of their new baby. It was fun to watch, I guess, given the rest of the slop that was shown today. I like how Caroline referred to herself as "Douglas's lunch bag."

Does the ramped-up parental bonding and Ridge relenting mean the Bridge is being rebuilt? I sure hope not.

• Love 10

Oh God no! That has been my favorite part of Ronn Moss being gone--no Bridge. Their "love" story ate up far too much of the show for too long and only when Hope/Liam/Steffy were getting entire MONTHS of airtime without even one day off did I feel any nostalgia for the former (which was short lived after that cheese Venice wedding they had).

I'd rather Brooke stay with the Stallion than revisit than pairing. Without Stephanie, there's no THERE there.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

At least they moved pass the kitchen. Free dress (ugly), and catering that is probably charged to Eric's account.  Next sexy time will probably be in the same bed he "made love" to Sasha. I hope he at least changed the sheets.  Zende took a page out of Liam's book on how to romance a woman.  Liam opted to ask Steffy to marry him at his house than in a romantic setting. If memory serves, they could have gone to Paris??  Liam also believes a good time is tofu steaks, some wine, and watching Bob Hope movies at home. 

For once I thought TIIC would have Zende take Nicole somewhere, anywhere for dinner. From the kitchen island to the living room ... a couple more yards and Zende and Nicole be picnicking in the courtyard.

I liked the dress, but not for Nicole. The graphic stripes were to big for her small frame, and it didn't fit her (gapping in the back). The necklace was all wrong for the dress and too much the girl. Who's idea was that?

Thomas get off my screen. I sure hope Caroline was making goggly eyes at Douglas and not Thomas.  Is Thomas now living, at the loft, equal to Bill's nap room.  I hope to hell Caroline is not thinking about more sexy time with Thomas as a side piece. I hope she has the decency to ask Ridge for a divorce first.

No one can be bothered with legalities any more. Caroline was still married to Rick when she and Ridge commenced their affair. Of course Rick was playing tubbytime with Maya at the same time.

It was discouraging watching Ridge was tell his sad "lost my job, my son and my wife" story to Brooke. He'd done the same thing telling Brooke about his vasectomy and Caroline was infected with baby rabies. For once Ridge needed to talk to Caroline about his disappointments, but his ego won't get out of the way of being honest with his wife. He's already thrown in the towel.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm so conflicted.

On one hand, Steffy is far from being a saint. OTOH, Eric should have some damn loyalty to his family by not sticking his dick into crazy....again.

But don't you know...it's "crazy" that MAKES his dick hard. And let's face it, Eric is no monk.

• Love 5
(edited)

Naughty, naughty show, trying to pass that light, airy episode off as fluff, when it‘s underpinnings were made of the hardest steel. I swear, I got a full body workout dodging the enormous and fast falling anvils.

If a Bridge reunion and a Thomas/Caroline hookup were a foregone conclusion before, they are a certainty now. Ridge showing up at Brooke’s to talk about his despair and dissatisfaction, when he should still be fuming with her for siding with Bill, and showing up at the Forrester Manse unannounced to pry into his personal business? Brooke doing a 360 on Ridge’s life and his choices, voicing concern over him losing his CEO spot? I can’t decide if that is due to her long relationship with Ridge, or the fact that the Waa Waa Prickster decided there might be some opportunity in LA for Lizzie after all. In any event, I see their relationship morphing and changing; they are rebuilding the easy camaraderie that Brooke and Ridge always shared. I don’t know how I feel about it. I was sick to death of Bridge. But for me, this really isn’t Bridge. No Taylor. No Stephanie. No angst. No Bridge. Maybe, just maybe, if they allow these two to have a real romance; one that is whole and complete, they might just work for me. At this point the jury is still out.

Oh my Caroline! You have gone from the sexy, dynamic, Ridge ingénue, to someone I don’t recognize. The fact that Ridge will not be part of Thomas and Douglas bonding time is one anvil that barely missed me. It seems Ridge has already rolled up the red carpet that led to his marriage, and is conceding defeat to his son. So, I will be the first to put myself before the firing squad, and say that it is all ok with me. Ridge and Caroline have been a dying force for some time now; whatever magic they possessed is gone. The show is clearly trying to make us like and accept a Thomas and Caroline pairing by putting them alone with Douglas to connect as a family. And for me it is working. If Show wants me to believe nothing untoward happened that night, and that it was all happy and consensual? What choice does that leave me as a viewer who wants to continue watching? Not much. So they can just keep shoveling their ish down my throat, and I will do my best to keep it down.

Zende my man! Pulling out all the stops for his romantic evening. Being all mysterious like, telling Nicole to get ready at Mom and Dad’s seedy hotel, then the unexpected arrival of the Forrester Original, and him showing up looking all dashing in his suit (I couldn’t help myself from noticing how nicely Zende’s pants fit). Yes, I was all excited and expected something straight out of Pretty Woman, with a jet and an Opera. But wait! Zende only went for broke on the prelude to the evening, then settled on taking Nicole back to the place she used to live. Well, I guess a girl can’t be too picky; Zende did graduate up from the kitchen and take out to the luxury of the Forrester living room and catered fare.

I felt bad for Sasha being left in the dust like that, but she will overcome. Sasha is far too sassy, vibrant and outgoing for someone like Zende. The available choices are pretty slim for her though. Deacon, Thomas, Liam? 

I love Papa A. From the minute he made his entrance I knew I was gonna like him. Outside of the fact that Obba Babatunde is a really good actor, I find the character to be complex. He is a bigot, but I get that. He is a philanderer, but I get that.  He is a liar, but I get that too. Normally, I would despise this character, but the good acting chops bring so many layers to the character you can see his side of the conversation too. And Obba has the cutest smile!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

It was discouraging watching Ridge was tell his sad "lost my job, my son and my wife" story to Brooke. He'd done the same thing telling Brooke about his vasectomy and Caroline was infected with baby rabies. For once Ridge needed to talk to Caroline about his disappointments, but his ego won't get out of the way of being honest with his wife. He's already thrown in the towel.

One thing I really hate about this show is how often instead of seeing the people actually involved in a relationship talking about the state of that relationship, we see others/them with others talking about the relationship.*  I don't think I could care less about Ridge and Caroline at this point-the writing was on the wall as far back as September/October when he told her that if the truth about Douglas got out, they would lose "everything."  It was clear then what the writers had planned; I'm only surprised it took this long to get there.  Even so, it's disappointing not to have even one scene, unless I've missed it, where we get to see any follow up to that pivotal moment when Caroline crashed Ridge's world down around him and Ridge handed Douglas over to Thomas.

*Unless you're Steffy or Liam, in which case all you ever get to talk about is the relationship that was stolen from you, which isn't any better.

• Love 9

It's ridiculous how Ridge is just giving up like this. Has he ever just been this defetist....ever? Granted, besides Nick, Thomas is the only other serious romantic rival this character's ever had and if not for the huge back peddling that I'm resigned to gritting my teeth at to keep watching this show, I'd have applauded the show for toppling King Ridge.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's ridiculous how Ridge is just giving up like this. Has he ever just been this defetist....ever?

My take is that he's older, been through more crap, doesn't have Stephanie there to push and provoke him and keep him motivated, and is sick of fighting.

Since his return if Ridge hasn't been butting heads with Bill, he's fighting Rick or Eric, and now it's Thomas and Caroline. He thought with Caroline and the CEO position he had it all, then the Thomas/Caroline incident happens and he's trying to keep it together by claiming Doug but then Katie blows it all up and he's fighting to keep that together until Caroline puts her foot down and so now he's lost Doug, is looking at Caroline and Thomas through 'older wiser' lenses and senses the inevitability of them getting together and is loath to go through another round of fighting for her when he just lost this fight over Doug, and lastly knew the moment Doug's paternity came out his days as top dog at Forrester were over.

Ridge looks like hell and has been emotionally knocked back on his heels. Normally Stephanie would be there for him but she's gone (which is another emotional wound that he's nursing) so he turns to Brooke who he shares so much history with. It is inappropriate and I wish he'd turn to Pam (or heck even Taylor) if he needed an encouraging sympathetic ear but this ain't a soap if a man and woman ain't touching on inappropriate emotional closeness.

But the drama is gonna come when Ridge 'sets Caroline free' she drifts to Thomas, he drifts to Brooke and then Doug is revealed to be his and then Thomas is going to be in the same position as Ridge with Ridge wanting his daddy rights, Caroline making googly eyes at Ridge as she never stopped loving him, and Thomas pissed that his family is getting blowed up. Of course Ridge will once again be to blame having 'destroyed' Thomas's family growing up and once again 'destroying' his family with Caroline.

• Love 7

*Unless you're Steffy or Liam, in which case all you ever get to talk about is the relationship that was stolen from you, which isn't any better.

When talking about Liam and Steffy and the state of their relationship it is important to remember two words:

Wobbed

Manipwulated

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

When talking about Liam and Steffy and the state of their relationship it is important to remember two words:

Wobbed

Manipwulated

Yeah, and the vast majority of that manipulation came right from Steffy, from day damn one. I can't hold all of that on her, since idiot Liam the human jellyfish usually stuck around just because Hope didn't put out. I don't know why he cut Ivy loose for her.

• Love 9
(edited)

I like your take on the unraveling of the Caroline/Ridge relationship, TobinAlbers  I also think it's because the relationship, which was admittedly exciting (after I got over hating Caroline for cheating on Rick), couldn't seem to find its footing once real life (the Thomas paternity debacle) entered the picture.

I'm also thinking back on Ridge and him trying to find himself (after supposedly trying to do that in Paris) when he returned to LA. Brooke, his main constant, was then no longer an option since she had committed the unpardonable sin of falling for Bill during his absence (which was precipitated by him throwing a snit fit on the honeymoon over a text she sent to Deacon). He tries to make a go of Bridge for old times' sake but it's not there, especially not when Katie and her mutual goal of payback on their respective exes is tantalizing dangled before him.

A little poetry, a little heart attack faking, some shiny red ribbon, and a heaping helping of revenge, and we have Ratie or was it Kridge? More like Kringe for me but I digress.

But this was clearly not a love match because we have Ridge flying to Abu Dhabi to stop the Brill wedding - a wedding he has no business being at since he's clearly over the bride to be and is supposedly engaged himself. I guess Katie really was that boring.

Then, as a result of him dropping into the drink courtesy of Bill/Justin, RIDGE.CAN'T.DRAW.

Enter Caroline II. Nevermind that she's Rick's wife. Nevermind that she's the niece of his first wife. Nevermind that she's his daughter's age. Nevermind that she's about as deep as a vat of cotton candy. She's young and hot and unavailable and oh-so-willing and wide-eyed to learn at the grubby side of the master artist. She's catnip to him. He tells himself she's his muse and that she gets him in a way no other woman, including one for whom he's spent decades loving, has. Or perhaps she strokes his ego in a way no one ever has, except, perhaps, Mother Dearest. 

They are found out and it becomes an us against the world pairing, which, when coupled with more drawing sessions and a little painting sexytimes (paying homage to the Ghost pottery scene), makes for some smoking-hot episodes, but the flame starts to dim when Caroline must have a baby and Mr. My Kids are Grown (or absent), Mr. I Just Want My Sweet Young Thing and nothing more, Mr. Already Had a Vasectomy While in Paris Ridge wants no part of it, sending Caroline reeling. Add in some pills and alcohol and creepy son Thomas and Douglas is literally conceived. 

Only Ridge has a change of heart and decides he is willing to go all in if that is what it takes to make Caroline happy. They'll have a baby together after all. Only he can't bring the goods and Thomas already has (eww).

So Ridge takes control of the situation. Caroline will marry him. The baby is their's, vasectomy be damned. It will be their little secret. Just as their "drawing" sessions were their little secret. He will brook (no pun intended) no argument from Caroline. She must be shushed like the child she is and made to obey.

Until Dr. Blackmail shows up and drunk Katie latches onto the secret and blabs to Bill who blabs to Brooke (and although I love her, telling Brooke anything is akin to telling the town crier). Because two people can keep a secret so long as one of them is dead and we've got a lot more than two here and ain't nobody dead (well, except Dr. Blackmail).

So of course, the true daddy, Thomas learns the truth and Ridge's need for control would make Janet Jackson proud. As inspired as he was when Caroline was helping him draw, well, it pales into comparison when he has the opportunity to put the hammer down on his son (and not undeservedly so) and play dictator with his supposedly-adult-and-capable-of-speech wife.

He's on a mission and he's wishing someone could turn back time and cure his no swimmers condition (oh, just wait, they will) but things have just unraveled too far. Thomas will not be cowed like Caroline and wants to be little Dougie's acknowledged father and not just a dirty little secret. And for once, Stepford Wife Caroline acquiesces. To Thomas. And Ridge the Great and Powerful cannot believe it.

As the days pass, he watches Thomas and Caroline bond with their son. And each other (puke but I have to agree with others that it's clear this is the direction TPTB are headed). And it all starts slipping away and oddly enough, Ridge just doesn't seem to care. 

Which is not to say he doesn't love Caroline or Douglas, but I think if he's really honest with himself, he never wanted another child. Not with Caroline, not with any woman. That phase of his life...over. With the honeymoon phase over and the lust/limerance/beginnings of love period waning, he's looking at the situation clearly. These two, in my estimation, were never meant to last.

Caroline was simply another stop on his journey to find himself (which I think ends when he does). 

He sees this young woman with this new baby and this young man, his own son, and is helpless to stop the natural connection between the parents and with their son. They are the family and he is the outsider, looking in. More importantly, I don't think he wants in, not anymore and that's why he's stepping back. Because if he truly wanted Caroline, if he truly believed her to be the love of his life, if he truly wanted to raise Douglas as his own, then hellfire couldn't keep him away from her or that child. 

Because when Ridge Forrester no longer gives a fuck about you, you'll know it. By the empty space beside you.

Only this time, I don't think Caroline cares because she is more in love with her baby than she was with any man (shudders and thinks of Stephanie - but hopefully Caroline won't be the cray-cray Mother Dearest was when Douglas comes of age). And if Thomas is part of that package, well, clearly he is, then so be it. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17

More like Kringe for me but I digress.

Ditto for me.......I just had a really, really terrible thought.......Katie is free, Ridge soon will be...just no show! And even worse still would be Bill/Brooke vs Ridge/Katie. 

Word to your entire post CountryGirl

• Love 3

I don't think Ridge would go back with sourpuss Katie since she's the one who burst his happy little bubble and she's already served her purpose. Plus, Ridge seemed to be much more concerned about Brooke than rushing to poor cuckolded Katie's side.

But more idiotic things have happened before. 

I'd like to see a Liam/Katie or, even better, a Deacon/Katie pairing. 

• Love 7

Zende...a dinner at home and sexy times in the same bed where you slept with her sister. So romantic. These two are beyond dull. He couldn't spring for a suite and shut down an entire restaurant so they could have a meal by a Michelin rated chef? Where is Sasha? Wasn't she living in the mansion?

I shouldn't be laughing at this love scene, but I miss the days of buildup and making you fall in love with a couple. Instead we get these microwaved romances (Quinn and Eric) and lukewarm or nonexistent chemistry. 

I'm enjoying Brooke and Ridge's friendship and easygoing vibe. I don't want them back as a couple, but I enjoy the confidante/non-romantic soul mate deal. There seems to be a mutual respect.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

My take is that he's older, been through more crap, doesn't have Stephanie there to push and provoke him and keep him motivated, and is sick of fighting.

Since his return if Ridge hasn't been butting heads with Bill, he's fighting Rick or Eric, and now it's Thomas and Caroline. He thought with Caroline and the CEO position he had it all, then the Thomas/Caroline incident happens and he's trying to keep it together by claiming Doug but then Katie blows it all up and he's fighting to keep that together until Caroline puts her foot down and so now he's lost Doug, is looking at Caroline and Thomas through 'older wiser' lenses and senses the inevitability of them getting together and is loath to go through another round of fighting for her when he just lost this fight over Doug, and lastly knew the moment Doug's paternity came out his days as top dog at Forrester were over.

Ridge looks like hell and has been emotionally knocked back on his heels. Normally Stephanie would be there for him but she's gone (which is another emotional wound that he's nursing) so he turns to Brooke who he shares so much history with. It is inappropriate and I wish he'd turn to Pam (or heck even Taylor) if he needed an encouraging sympathetic ear but this ain't a soap if a man and woman ain't touching on inappropriate emotional closeness.

But the drama is gonna come when Ridge 'sets Caroline free' she drifts to Thomas, he drifts to Brooke and then Doug is revealed to be his and then Thomas is going to be in the same position as Ridge with Ridge wanting his daddy rights, Caroline making googly eyes at Ridge as she never stopped loving him, and Thomas pissed that his family is getting blowed up. Of course Ridge will once again be to blame having 'destroyed' Thomas's family growing up and once again 'destroying' his family with Caroline.

Well.hit me up when the drama comes because until then I can't even bear to watch this fucking show. The one thing I asked, you fucking Bells is to leave Caroline and Ridge alone. Done, done, done!

• Love 6

Zende and Nicole don't even have lukewarm chemistry. Instead of sweat and passion, we get icicles and frosty breath.  That love scene was completely awkward and stiff.  

Caroline, could you be more obvious with nursing Douglas, in front of Thomas, and talking about alone "family  time", in the Loft, that you are ready to nurse Thomas.  Maybe you were awake enough to sample Thomas' goods and want more.  Caroline also looked pissed as hell when Thomas made plans that didn't include her. My two favorite couples are Ridge/Caroline and Steffy/Wyatt. With their pending doom, there is no way on god's green earth that I would root for Zende/Nicole. Their self praise is far more annoying than Liam saying we were robbed.  

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Caroline, could you be more obvious with nursing Douglas, in front of Thomas, and talking about alone "family  time", in the Loft, that you are ready to nurse Thomas.  Maybe you were awake enough to sample Thomas' goods and want more. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Zende and Nicole don't even have lukewarm chemistry. Instead of sweat and passion, we get icicles and frosty breath.  That love scene was completely awkward and stiff.  

My question is now that they're together what's next? Marry them off like Marcus and Dayzee? Break them up? If so is it Nicole whose eye wanders with a new guy coming aboard (or bring back Oliver!)? Pregnancy scare from their first time?

Would be funny if Nicole decides she want to have her own baby and Zende is like 'huh'?

Also didn't she come on as a computer geek? Why not have Liam mentor her and she develop an inappropriate crush on him that irks Zende?

Please don't let it just be Sasha being sad, Zende feeling bad for her, and Nicole looking down her nose at her. Change it up!

• Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

...didn't she (Nicole) come on as a computer geek? Why not have Liam mentor her and she develop an inappropriate crush on him that irks Zende?

But..but..but that would give Liam something to do besides whine about being wobbed. Can't have that now, can we? ;)

You're on to something though, TobinAlbers. Why not have Liam buy Dayzee's coffee house and make that the base for his humanitarian efforts. He could hire Nicole and he could mentor her to run Dayzee's website, the inappropriate crush could come into play, and all kinds of shenanigans could happen. Katie could volunteer there, and Liam and Katie can start their emotional affair. Hell, even throw freaking Deacon in the mix somehow. It could work. If only we had real writers. :(

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 12

Completely shallow post warning...

1. Has LG had some work done on her lips, or is it the makeup department trying to make her lips look bigger than they actually are? They've looked enlarged for the past few days, although, it didn't help that Caroline looked like she was sucking on a lemon wedge when Thomas' date showed up.

2. When they show a shot of Zende rocking way-tight pants from behind, he's a whole lot less Zzzzzzzzende than when he's shown from the front or blabbering about his love for Nicole or whatever it is he talks about.

3. Ridge & Brooke could not have less romantic chemistry. I know this may be unpopular, but I thought Ridge & Caroline, or possibly TK & LG, had fabulous romantic chemistry. I'm loving the Ridge/Brooke, TK/KKL friendship chemistry, but that's what it is to me. There just isn't the oomph there that existed when RM was Ridge, and that's the closest to a compliment that I'll ever pay him (he & KKL did have fairly good chemistry IMO).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Caroline, could you be more obvious with nursing Douglas, in front of Thomas, and talking about alone "family  time", in the Loft, that you are ready to nurse Thomas.  Maybe you were awake enough to sample Thomas' goods and want more.  Caroline also looked pissed as hell when Thomas made plans that didn't include her. My two favorite couples are Ridge/Caroline and Steffy/Wyatt. With their pending doom, there is no way on god's green earth that I would root for Zende/Nicole. Their self praise is far more annoying than Liam saying we were robbed.  

I'm trying to think of a pairing on B&B with less chemistry than Zende/Nicole, and I'm coming up blank. Hell, in all soapdom, only ATWT's Caseys with that Debbie Downer pod person passing herself as Alison Stewart in the last two seasons had less chemistry. 

I hope the two can be shipped to Forrester Int'l, and soon.

24 minutes ago, bittersweet4149 said:

But..but..but that would give Liam something to do besides whine about being wobbed. Can't have that now, can we? ;)

You're on to something though, TobinAlbers. Why not have Liam buy Dayzee's coffee house and make that the base for his humanitarian efforts. He could hire Nicole and he could mentor her to run Dayzee's website, the inappropriate crush could come into play, and all kinds of shenanigans could happen. Katie could volunteer there, and Liam and Katie can start their emotional affair. Hell, even throw freaking Deacon in the mix somehow. It could work. If only we had real writers. :(

OMG. All of this. 

Why is no one doing this? 

:(

• Love 4

The look on Ridge's face when Brooke insisted that Rick was included when Ridge said we have to take care of all our children was a great mix of 'Oh, $&@/, him too? Yeah, screw it I'll tell her what she wants to hear.'

Kinda funny that Brooke and Ridge declared themselves the de facto 'Ma And Pa' leaders of the clan. Someone needs to inform Eric he's been put out to pasture and matriarch Maya.

Caroline may have been jealous and she also may have been hit with the realization that when Thomas has another relationship that chick is gonna have her grubby little hands on her cute baby Dougie and have another mother figure in his life. Bitter pill to swallow and accept in blended families. Easy when it was asking Ridge to back off, but now that she sees she'll have to make allowances, too? 

That actually could be her motivation to go for it with Thomas- less about loving him and more about heading off sharing her kid with another woman. Would be something different for a change.

Count me in on having a coffee house for more central action and conversations. Y&R has Crimson Lights, B&B needs a spot for the younguns to hang out besides the rooftop Forrester gym.

• Love 5

FFS. If I have to hear Zzzzende ramble on and on and ON about what a wonderful, generous, loving, brave, puppy-petting, cotton-candy lipped, rainbow-eyed unicorn Nicole is, I'm going to barf. Sacrifice and bravery are attributes of somebody who went off to serve their country and came back maimed or not at all. Or incurred serious harm or death or ridicule, etc., for defending something or someone. So Nicole popped out one for Raya. BFD. The way Nicole played the pregnancy, all she seemed to suffer was some morning sickness and got her pre-baby body back immediately. When scrolling through the cast of characters on this show, well, Taylor put her own life at risk (by refusing TB treatment) so the toxic twins would have a healthy gestation and birth; Amber donated a kidney to Rick and Pam put the majority of her adult life on hold to care for her (and Stephanie's) ailing mother.

Zende strikes me as somebody who might have a  Madonna/whore complex. Now that he's deflowered Nicole, maybe that will dull her luster in his eyes. At least that might make their relationship more interesting.

I'm glad I read the other posts. I was coming here to also chime in that if Stephanie were still alive, Ridge wouldn't be so quick to turn the page on Thomas, Douglas, Caroline or FC. Stephanie would have successfully sent Thomas packing at the first hint of scandal and he WOULD stay away. I believe that Stephanie never would have approved the Ridge/Caroline union in the first place, so it would be a moot point. Come to think of it, if Stephanie were still around, the show would probably be much, much better ...

On a completely unrelated note, I was gobsmacked to learn that Kimberlin Brown (Sheila Carter to the newer viewers) spoke at the RNC last night. I didn't watch it and found out about it because it came up in one of my news feeds. WTH???  I posted a link to the article in the "Media" thread. Apparently, she belongs to some businesswomen for Trump group. I didn't listen to her entire speech, but she has some rather diverse businesses, such as an avocado farm and a boat rental business with her husband (already knew that one.) She also has a design show on "Design Network." Interesting. I am impressed that she had the good sense to pursue other avenues outside of acting.  Whodathunk?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

FFS. If I have to hear Zzzzende ramble on and on and ON about what a wonderful, generous, loving, brave, puppy-petting, cotton-candy lipped, rainbow-eyed unicorn Nicole is, I'm going to barf. Sacrifice and bravery are attributes of somebody who went off to serve their country and came back maimed or not at all. Or incurred serious harm or death or ridicule, etc., for defending something or someone. So Nicole popped out one for Raya. BFD. The way Nicole played the pregnancy, all she seemed to suffer was some morning sickness and got her pre-baby body back immediately. When scrolling through the cast of characters on this show, well, Taylor put her own life at risk (by refusing TB treatment) so the toxic twins would have a healthy gestation and birth; Amber donated a kidney to Rick and Pam put the majority of her adult life on hold to care for her (and Stephanie's) ailing mother.

Zende strikes me as somebody who might have a  Madonna/whore complex. Now that he's deflowered Nicole, maybe that will dull her luster in his eyes. At least that might make their relationship more interesting.

I'm glad I read the other posts. I was coming here to also chime in that if Stephanie were still alive, Ridge wouldn't be so quick to turn the page on Thomas, Douglas, Caroline or FC. Stephanie would have successfully sent Thomas packing at the first hint of scandal and he WOULD stay away. I believe that Stephanie never would have approved the Ridge/Caroline union in the first place, so it would be a moot point. Come to think of it, if Stephanie were still around, the show would probably be much, much better...

Stephanie Forrester would approve of a union between Ridge and Satan in drag if it kept him away from Brooke, so I'm sure she would have overlooked the fact that Caroline was most recently married to his half brother to justify how much more virtue she had over TSFTV and all that.

Agreed about Saint Nicole. Dear God in Heaven, who bloody cares? She barely even reflected on the whole experience before chasing after Zende's worthless ass, so why should I hear about it? I still say TIIC missed a legitimate opportunity to keep the Rick/ Ridge conflict by doing another egg switch since they were pregnant at about the same time. It had potential to be far better than what either story eventually became. 

• Love 7

How do two relatively good looking, fit, young people make sexxxy times look so unappealing? No matter how heavy-handed the music or romantic the lighting, they are two strangers going through the motions, with no sexual interest in one another.

• Love 9

I have a 16 year old, so she's not much younger than those two dolts. She even said it sounded like Nicole and Zende were speaking as though they were in the 17th century. "I feel so full." Thou hast my heart. How do I love thee? We were laughing through all of their scenes. It was gag worthy. No 19-21 year olds I know speak like that. The constant harping on and on about her bravery and sacrifice was too much. If she had been in the armed forces and returned, ok. Pushing a baby out of your hoo-ha and handing it over like nothing and feeling no attachment...bra-vo. As icky as Thomas is, he's become the doting daddy and had an inexplicable draw from the first scan. She carried the baby and minutes later, it was all about sorry Zende. Their romance feels forced. Now, the two that play them are good friends in real life. Also, F.C. is a good friend of theirs, and they all hang out outside of the show. Starr and Cole on OLTL had a more passionate scene as teenage crossed loves than these two. It was awkward and painful to watch.

The only time I cringe more is when Wyatt and Steffy interact. She's laying next to him in the afterglow and thinking about Liam. There's no fire there either, and he's morphing into Bill Jr. Bill is a supposed stallion. Wyatt is like...a mule or a jackass--err donkey. That Spencer Summit looks some kind of klassy. Yes, with a K. And the whole Steffy blowing up on social media crap is just that. I'm pretty sure she was a known entity on social media. 

Quinn and Eric. I had to find the interest. I'm tired of him thinking with his dick and being tangled up with crazy. While Steffy has no right to tell him who to date, I can't blame her for wanting her to stay away. Bad things happen when she's around. Like someone said up thread, I can imagine a bunch of "accidents" if she were to get pregnant. Her golden child would deserve to be CEO and the heir/heiress. She just barely escaped charges with the whole Liam fiasco. Wyatt should be concerned. "Oh she's different." Nimrod, she was different with "Adam," and you never picked up on it. She needs help, and she'll never get it. That's one thing I agree with Liam on. 

Papa Avant/Obba lights up my screen. Stupid writers trashed the character because he was too real and too relatable. His affair/love child/subsequent treatment of said child was pointless. 

Caroline and Thomas. I agree with you guys who summed up Ridge and his premature defeatist attitude.

• Love 4

Wow. I have watched hundreds of interactions between Ridge and Brooke, but that was by far one of the oddest. That oddity gave me an epiphany; even though the show has shoved them down our collective throats as the “Couple of Destiny”, when you look back over their history, they have really spent more time as antagonists than anything else. Multiple marriages, sharing a child, fighting for years to have a relationship sans Mommy Dearest not withstanding, they spent most of their time as combatants with benefits; “Don’t marry Taylor!”, “Don’t marry Grant!”, “You stole my family’s company!”, “You hit my son!”, “Your son killed my daughter!”. What I don’t remember is them ever being real, true friends. You could argue that Brooke was Ridge’s friend after both of Taylor’s deaths, and I guess in some respects she was, but she was also working her agenda to get Ridge back, which she eventually did both times. You could also say Ridge was Brooke’s true friend after her rape. But for a relationship that spans nearly thirty years that isn’t saying all that much. So if Show wants to make them friends now, I think I am ok with that. The dynamics between RM and KKL are far different than her and TK. The original recipe was seamless, and as smooth as silk, while our new version has left me blinking, and wondering when the other shoe is gonna fall. I am really surprising myself with how much I am enjoying this change.

Having said that, I must admit to my shock with Ridge’s words. Did I really hear him admit to mistakes? Did I hear him say he would work on things with Rick? Did he say that he is glad that Eric is back at the helm of FC’s? Did I also hear him say that his wife and son are in love? Who is this defeatist person? I don’t know, but I think I like him. And I could never, ever, see RM doing this part now.

So Caroline doesn’t like the thought of Thomas dating? Is that jealousy, or the realization that Thomas dating means another woman putting her paws on adorable little Douglas? I noticed she wasn’t too thrilled when Thomas’s date asked to hold the baby. And what was up with the family picture? Is Caroline going to run home to Ridge and show him? Or put it out on her blog or her Twitter feed?

Zende and Nicole had sex. I know they did because they were naked. The problem is, I had to go and get a broom and stick it under my chin in order to keep from nodding off, but I still think I missed most of it. Did their dual halo’s get in the way? Their mutual prop fest was flat out putting me too sleep. This is a young couple, they should be out on the town, snapping it up and having a good time. But they are far too busy patting each other on their backs for that. I hope that someone comes along and interferes, cause that is the only way this couple will ever have any sizzle.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

How do two relatively good looking, fit, young people make sexxxy times look so unappealing? No matter how heavy-handed the music or romantic the lighting, they are two strangers going through the motions, with no sexual interest in one another.

Right?

It would have been more believable if they had pulled the camera back to show us the mirrors the two of them were apparently looking at since their interest was clearly not with each other.

Or the wheels are grinding in Zende's newly-shorn head that Sasha may have been trouble, but she was a whole lot more fun, especially in bed. 

But of course, they'd have us believe magical unicorn Nicole is just perfect at that from jump as well. 

Eye-Roll-gif-6.gif?gs=a

• Love 4

Between grisgris' If I have to hear Zzzzende ramble on and on and ON about what a wonderful, generous, loving, brave, puppy-petting, cotton-candy lipped, rainbow-eyed unicorn Nicole is, I'm going to barf. and RuntheTable's Zende and Nicole had sex. I know they did because they were naked, I am dying laughing today.

• Love 7

FFS. If I have to hear Zzzzende ramble on and on and ON about what a wonderful, generous, loving, brave, puppy-petting, cotton-candy lipped, rainbow-eyed unicorn Nicole is, I'm going to barf.

What's worse is we're supposed to believe Nicole's "sacrifice" and "goodness" are a turn-on.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cool Breeze said:

What's worse is we're supposed to believe Nicole's "sacrifice" and "goodness" are a turn-on.

Which is why he fucked her best friend during the pregnancy, right?

Uh-huh.

I don't think he's the devil for leaving a situation that was too much for him, but good grief, acknowledge that shit. Even  couples like Bridge and WafflePuff have moments of clarity. 

• Love 6

Anyone else have a momentary thought when Ridge was praising Brooke to Eric that we were seeing the beginning of the return of Red Suit Brooke as CEO of FC?  Just me? 

Eric looked interested when Ridge was saying how tough and capable Brooke was.   Eric knows he cannot be CEO forever.  He told Steffy he took back the CEO job because he didn't want to choose between his sons.  Eric knows that there will always be a battle between R & R for the top spot. And never-ending battle is not good for FC..

Why not avoid the fight and pick someone else who has also proven to be a top-notch CEO -- Brooke.  This sets up a situation for Ridge and Brooke to develop their budding friendship. Brooke and Bill can disagree over how much influence he can have at FC -- because of course Bill will think he can control Brooke and thus FC.  Katie can leave SP and work with Brooke.  Liam and Katie working together bond.  So many possible SLs.

• Love 6

Eric: The final frontier. 

These are the strange doings of the spaced out Quinn. 

Her mission:  To explore new ways to fuck up Wyatt's life, to seek out new conquests and cause havoc in the Forester civilization. To boldly go where no woman has gone before. 

I'll bet dollars to donuts that Quinn was on Travelocity, booking her flight, at warp 10. 

Bill, Katie's out of control?  She read your playbook and did exactly what you would do. So STFU and eat shit and die.  

I forgot to mention, yesterday, when Sasha was questioning her photos, Zende, who takes pictures but is not a photographer, tells her that she wasn't lit correctly.  Again, WTF?  

• Love 6

Did anybody notice the continuity glitch today when Eric said that Brooke and Ridge were there for him after Stephanie's death?  I thought that during the time surrounding Stephanie's death, Ridge was off pouting in Paris. I also seem to recall that when Sludge finally came back that he stammered/mumbled something about "just not being able" to whatever, blah blah blah at that time. I couldn't tell if he was just too distraught over his mother dying or was still royally pissed off at Brooke.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Anyone else have a momentary thought when Ridge was praising Brooke to Eric that we were seeing the beginning of the return of Red Suit Brooke as CEO of FC?  Just me? 

Just you.

Brooke had to be told by Ridge (at her home) that Eric had deposed him and was now CEO. Brooke spends no time at Forrester Creations. How do you hand over the CEO position to someone so deeply enmeshed in her own self-made psychodrama with her sister and brother-in-law, she was unaware of the sea change in leadership at the place she rarely shows up to work?

That dog won't hunt.

Eric looked interested when Ridge was saying how tough and capable Brooke was.   Eric knows he cannot be CEO forever.  He told Steffy he took back the CEO job because he didn't want to choose between his sons.  Eric knows that there will always be a battle between R & R for the top spot. And never-ending battle is not good for FC..

Other than the recent pep talk between Ridge and Brooke to act and do better by their families, the last 10+ years of Brooke's life has been directed at ruining her family and personal relationships by no self-control. Resiliently embracing her appetites, but tough and capable? Of what? Shockingly bad judgement? What has she directed or developed at FC since Stephanie's death in November 2012? Other than the two minutes she was an editor at Spencer Publications, I can't think of anything.

The never-ending battle is all Bill and Brad Bell have ever had to offer for leadership at Forrester Creations.

Why not avoid the fight and pick someone else who has also proven to be a top-notch CEO -- Brooke.  This sets up a situation for Ridge and Brooke to develop their budding friendship. Brooke and Bill can disagree over how much influence he can have at FC -- because of course Bill will think he can control Brooke and thus FC.  Katie can leave SP and work with Brooke.  Liam and Katie working together bond.  So many possible SLs.

If you think installing Brooke as CEO would be a peace offering, and won't start another internecine war of Forrester vs. Logan, you haven't been watching B&B for very long. But if war is what you want ... Brooke as CEO of Forrester Creations ... YAHTZEE!!!

Steffy and Thomas have nothing but a thousand seething resentments for Brooke lying under their polished surfaces. Once their outrage is disturbed from slumber, they hate all things Logan when a Logan get's a leg-up at FC. Ridge won't be happy about an extending his leave from the big office while his former DESTINY warms the big chair. Rick will be bent out of shape with Brooke as CEO, but will use his position to bide his time, chipping out power and more influence for himself. Thorne Who? will be locked out again. Felicia get's no love, too (I love Lesli Kay and miss her). Kristen is a Forrester in name only for family funerals and weddings, and Bridget's a snore. Zende's got nothing under that new haircut. Hope is staying out of romantic L.A. trianglements, and hiding out in Europe.

At this point, Brooke is working like a one-armed paperhanger standing up for Katie against $Bill taking Will away from home; I'm aware both Katie and $Bill threaten to use Will as weapon against each other in their break-up. Brooke going against $Bill's edict to "protect" Will from Katie will win Brooke no points; $Bill does not like dissention and disagreement with his decisions.

Brooke has to prove to Katie that she is done with $Bill and she has "changed" -- How many times and situations has Brooke said those words? -- before Katie would agree to return to FC, which would cause angst and antagonism from Steffy, Thomas and Ridge (Rick might see Katie as an ally or roadblock). Liam works exclusively at Spencer Publication, so Katie would have to stay at SP in order to work with him -- Were they to join forces to thwart $Bill and work together on some of-the-moment Spencer Foundation doodah could be an interesting SL.

3 hours ago, grisgris said:

Did anybody notice the continuity glitch today when Eric said that Brooke and Ridge were there for him after Stephanie's death?  I thought that during the time surrounding Stephanie's death, Ridge was off pouting in Paris. I also seem to recall that when Sludge finally came back that he stammered/mumbled something about "just not being able" to whatever, blah blah blah at that time. I couldn't tell if he was just too distraught over his mother dying or was still royally pissed off at Brooke.

What was that about?

When TK Ridge finally showed up to take over FC, all he had was badly written white noise about not attending the funeral. TIIC couldn't be bothered to film TK Ridge visiting Stephanie's grave.

Very shabby behavior toward the most significant woman in Ridge's life.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 4
(edited)

La di Diva, your post put a big smile on my face!

Brooke’s voice increased an octave; she almost sounded like the girl who used to spar with Stephanie. But it won’t make any inroads with Bill, who may be a Stallion in the bedroom, but is a stubborn mule in all other aspects of his life. Katie and Brooke should both know that a full frontal attack will never work with Bill. Their threats, pleas and entreaties will only serve to strengthen Bill’s armor and cause him to dig his heels in deeper. They need to play this by Bill’s rules; subterfuge and sneak attacks, don’t show your hand till you are ready to go all in and bust Bill right out of the game. I won’t say I disagree with Bill about Katie being alone with Will, but that doesn’t mean you hide him away, that you cut him out of his mother’s life. Outside of the fact that Katie is Will’s mother; there are a myriad of reasons she should know his whereabouts at all times. What Bill is doing is vindictive and cruel, and by design, is trying to set Katie up for failure by taking her to her dark places. There are simply no spots on my shit list low enough for Bill to register.

Ridge and Eric’s conversation was a minefield. Whenever these two sit down and discuss Brooke you can bet your bottom dollar something wicked this way comes. This show is so unpredictable these days with character’s personalities turning on a dime, but I will throw my hat in the ring and say I think we may see Brooke headed for the FC’s CEO chair. Historically, when Eric starts singing Brooke’s praises, particularly to Ridge, it means something big is coming. Eric doesn’t want to choose between his sons. Brooke has a proven track record as the top dog, and there is always her close friendship with Eric. And of course, there is this new bonding between Ridge and Brooke. It all adds up to something; my math may be off, but on the B&B 2+2 has always equaled 10.

Steffy looked great. She really did. But I am so not getting this whole “media blitz” stuff. Steffy is the president of a fashion house; she is not a Kardashian or Taylor Swift (little twit better remove her dirty little paws from my Loki!), in the real world I could barely come up with five known fashion houses, much less there executive officers. And by all that is holy, I wouldn’t give a flying fig about any of their personal lives or their personal business.

Quinn is so gonna go to Monte Carlo; my question is will she show up disguised as one of the Grimaldi’s? I am more than interested to see what she does to pull this off.

Wyatt, when you remarked about “both of our parents making horrible decisions”, I truly hope you were including both of yours and not just Quinn.

When I watch Deacon and Quinn I am transported back to junior high when me and my girls would curl up on my pretty pink bed and discuss our crushes and who was hot and who was not. It is almost too painful to watch. Please Show, find someone or something for Deacon to do besides being the cheerleader of Quinn’s love life.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6
(edited)

Well, I called it. 

I knew Brooke would side with Katie regarding Will and go after Bill, even if in his eyes she has all the determination of a moth attempting to enter a closed window. Who knows if it will last but darn if I didn't enjoy Brooke telling him how it was going to be. I agree with you RuntheTable that she needs to take a page from her own book when she stole the custoday and control of SP papers Bill tricked Katie into signing. 

Katie had to shut her trap for once because we all know she was just dying to whine about how Bill taking Will, something Brooke is adamantly opposed to, is Brooke's fault. How interesting it was for me to see the two sisters revert to past patterns - Brooke, the second mother lioness, Katie, the baby sister forever in need of taking care of. You can see Katie wanting to speak up but then falling silent because Brooke did the talking for her and then some.

This is the Brooke I want to see on my screen, hearkening back to the brilliant days of Red Power Suit Brooke who brought FC to its knees. 

Not that I'm holding my breath that this will last but until then, I'll enjoy every moment.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

When I watch Deacon and Quinn I am transported back to junior high when me and my girls would curl up on my pretty pink bed and discuss our crushes and who was hot and who was not. It is almost too painful to watch. Please Show, find someone or something for Deacon to do besides being the cheerleader of Quinn’s love life.

Now I want to see Deacon and Quinn in pink pajamas sipping Cosmos and dishing dirt at their nonsexual sleepover!

Whoever said Deacon needs to hang with Papa Avant was right. Those two would be gold together and they could be spying and scheming and gossiping while playing golf. Although knowing this show, they'll have Papa Avant develop a drinking problem so he ends up in AA and that's where he meets Deacon who becomes his non-drinking buddy sponsor. Ugh.

Never thought I'd say this, but yes, bring red power suit Brooke back. I always thought she was entitled but seeing Brooke just chilling in her kitchen looking for food in plaid shirts and moping about Bill and Katie ain't the Brooke I loved to hate. PowerBrooke keeping Rick and Thomas in line, being chilly to Caroline, flirting with Ridge and Eric and power struggling with Bill would be better. Then bring on that new Matt Ashford love interest with his mysterious agenda. In addition to his bringing back Spectra, I'd also make him Caroline's donor dad who wanted to see how his biological kid fared before he kicks the bucket because he's dying - or thinks he is. He could be buying/building up Spectra because he wants to leave it to Caroline so she can have her own fashion house and not depend on the Forresters. If he's a hit, he gets a miraculous save, if he isn't, then he kicks the bucket after bringing fun and love back to Brooke's life.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

By all the Gods, can you please apply to write for this mess of as show TobinAlbers?

I live on the east coast and from what I hear Bell is the visionary, everyone else on the staff writes to the best of their ability to make it make sense ;)

But thank you all for the compliments!

Edited by TobinAlbers
corrected that to thanks
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I live on the east coast and from what I hear Bell is the visionary, everyone else on the staff writes to the best of their ability to make it make sense ;)

Well shucks, can't blame a viewer for trying!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

By all the Gods, can you please apply to write for this mess of as show TobinAlbers?

Adding my prayers...because I love, love, love everything about those storyline possibilities.

• Love 2