Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

The way I see it, Quinn and Liam paired well together on-screen because RS is a skilled actress. Whether you agree with me or not, I think that SC can actually perform very well when he's paired with the right fellow actors and has something more to work from than being a self-righteous waffle or Steffy's lapdog. Yes, he does seem to come alive more in scenes where he's provoked and angry. (He's pretty silly in that little comedy sketch on the "B&B Media" thread, so he must have some range.) I guess if that translates somehow in to sexual chemistry, I just don't get it. I thought that the "Adam and Eve" bedroom scenes were duds.

• Love 4

Sorry for the double post. This new editor is buggy as hell.

Anyway, to Grisgris, I agree that SC comes alive when given the right material. I usually can tolerate his character when in a scene with Bill, Wyatt, Katie...pretty much everyone but Steffy or especially Hope. He might've been better received if they'd cast him as more a villain than the white hat he's supposed to be (which given the way he bounces between women? No.).

• Love 4

I was applauding Sasha in her scenes with that entitled little twit, Nicole, and I'm glad she outed herself as Nicole's sister (or at least that's the impression Friday's episode gave).

The nerve of that spoiled brat thinking she could just run Sasha out of town and the rest of the entourage aiding and abetting has made me firmly in Sasha's corner (something I never thought I'd say). 

Sasha can come and go as she pleases and she doesn't owe the Avant family a damn thing. If anything, Julius owes her for keeping her his dirty little secret for more than two decades as her silence kept his perfect little family intact...and, by extension, Nicole owes her because she was the beneficiary of Julius' affair and Maya's being ostracized from the family. By default, she was the perfect daughter on whom Julius and Viv doted.

I hope today's episode shows that the secret is definitely out. I can't wait to see Julius try and talk his way out of this one and as much as her sanctimonious BS usually bugs, I am gleeful at the thought of Maya calling him out but good as the hypocrite he was. Talk about a horrible role model.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2016 at 11:54 AM, OhioSongbird said:

I'm with you NP.  Never got the appeal of L&L (love GF but never liked TG...all the dude knows to do is chew scenery and try to tank scenes.  Sidenote....thank God he was gone before MSt showed up on GH.  Can you imagine those two in a scene?!  I would seriously pull a Jerry Lee Lewis/Elvis and shoot my TV).

I love RS  and she's rockin' the acting but damn...even she can't sell this story.  I like SC (maybe 'cause he looks a lot like my brother) and he can bring it doing the angry as someone posted earlier.  Don't care for him in schmoopy mode.  Still pisses me off they split her and Deacon (I love SK)....they would have been a superb devious duo fucking with the Spencers and Forresters

She is totally NOT selling it for me. I hate this Quinn all whiney and begging and wearing the ugliest fucking clothes ever. And she needs a haircut. 

• Love 4

She is totally NOT selling it for me. I hate this Quinn all whiney and begging and wearing the ugliest fucking clothes ever. And she needs a haircut.

Rena Sofer could be a Meryl Streep caliber actress and not be able to sell me Quinn being pathetic over Liam.  Nope.

• Love 3

I think Rena's pulling it off to a point, but I'm also squarely viewing this through the prism of "bitch crazy."

I can't help thinking that something was cut out of the very beginning of today's episode, something that would have made Vanessa Williams-chibi's jump straight from "You said we were sisters..?" to "We're sisters!" a lot more graceful.  With this show, however, it's just as likely that the writers skipped over a beat or two to get Nicole to the point where Sasha could finally confess to her.  The real confession itself was actually not that bad, though RE's random lack of facial expressions kind of hamstrung Nicole's side of it.  At least she apparently is getting her bitch on with Julius (who just gets more melodramatically sanctimonious every time he opens his mouth, and all the credit to Obba Babatunde for that) about it, though...since that's a one-on-one confrontation...maybe we're getting that tock after all.

Meanwhile, Rick is counseling Soulverine about his feelings for Nicole and Sashzzzzzzzz....

• Love 4

Congrats on B&B for winning the daytime Emmy. NOT!  Feeling their oats the writers will give us a lot more shit stew. 

Wouldn't you think that in that very emotional scene, between Nicole and Sasha, that at least one of the actresses could shed a tear.  That's right Zende, give Rick the 411 that it would be hard to accept Nicole even after the baby is born. Auntie/mom is not in his realm of his dream family.  WTF Julius?  LA has captured your self entitlement?  I really don't think Julius is pro Nicole half as much as he is anti Sasha. Good idea Julius, go have FC branded on your chest but it won't mean Forester Creations it would mean Freeloading Creep.  Vivian should be canonized for living with Julius and backing Sasha against the people who want Sasha tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.. 

• Love 6

Stupid question: if Sasha had a history of hooking up with Nicole's boyfriends why is she and family so shocked she did so now? 

Part 2: why did she stay friends with her to begin with? 

• Love 8

That, at least to me, makes a certain sense: Nicole loves Sasha like a sister, but she knows her "sister" was a mess back in the day.  (With Sasha's seeming wild-child status being all but confirmed in-show, this continues to make sense.)  That said, now that the secret's starting to get out, we need Sasha's mother to make a flyby to complete the circus...er, circle.  And it had better be Jackée.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Stupid question: if Sasha had a history of hooking up with Nicole's boyfriends why is she and family so shocked she did so now? 

Part 2: why did she stay friends with her to begin with? 

Because, continuity...or lack thereof. It's like the wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead watching what Bell passes off for drama.

• Love 2
(edited)

What I'm curious about is how Sasha found out that Julius is her father. Did her mother tell her? How old was she?  Somehow, I had the impression that Sasha and her mother were the Avant's neighbors. How did that work out?

I'd love to hear some backstory on that, as well as see some flashbacks. However, if all we'd get was on par with Qunn's troubled childhood reveal, it won't be very telling.

I'm all for Vivienne kicking that lazy cheating asshole to the curb. Anybody else up for a Viveric pairing?

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can't help but be amused by the thought of Viv being like "Yeah, I knew all along" when she finds out.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

For once I could root for Nicole! BTW, exactly how were Julian and Maya going to banish Sasha from LA? Knock her over the head and put her in a shipping crate back to Illinois. 

• Love 2

Wow, Nicole certainly surprised me in yesterday's episode. I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't for her to embrace Sasha and console her before marching straight to Papa Avant's hotel room to give him what for.

I just hope the other players involved take the same approach, which is to place blame squarely on the shoulders of holier-than-thou Julius (and Sasha's heretofore-unseen mother) instead of blaming Sasha for outing herself as Julius' dirty little secret. Because you just know that is how Julius will try to spin it (aka damn that girl for telling the TRUTH!)

• Love 8

I'm curious about the backstory on this Julius and the neighbor lady, too, and how Sasha found out. She probably overheard or saw something, but I want the deets. Poor Vivienne. Also, why are they still living in that hotel and why doesn't his ass have a job? I don't like that he's not working and would think he'd have more pride.

Nicole is the worst actress ever. How do people who are so bad get to keep their jobs? There are tons of beautiful young black women who actually have talent who could kill in the roles of Nicole and Sasha. 

Boggles the mind.

• Love 6

Julius is such a jerk. Everything is about him. He acts as if he should get a medal for taking care of his own child. I know in real life a lot of guys in that situation don't, but IMO taking care of a child you helped to bring into the world doesn't make you a freaking hero. It makes you a decent person. Decent people don't rub their child's face into this support and make them feel guilty about being alive.

• Love 5

Holy shit, y'all.

Obba Babatunde drove this episode like he fucking stole it.  Sure, Sasha actually confessed to Soulverine about her paternity, and he (misguidedly, if somewhat understandably considering his general mindset) tried to convince her that Julius did indeed love her...but then Julius broke out the man-tears, and OMFG it was glorious.  Nicole read him perfectly as an appearances-obsessed SOB, and Julius broke out a series of awesome soliloquies that defended his position in the worst possible way...but made perfect sense from his perspective.  (Oh, and we now have Sasha's mother's name: Lucy.)  And then he had the typical-for-him-but-otherwise-unmitigated gall to turn it around on Sasha at the end.  "You may be my daughter...but you will never be my family."

Seriously--this was pure 200-proof soap goodness.

• Love 16

Julius, you are absolutely 100% wrong and have finally fallen below whale shit to the realm of Victor Newmam.  Justify it all you want but I'm not buying what you are selling.

Why is everyone forgetting that Zende can't handle that Nicole is having her uncles baby?  They also are so delusional that the think that Zende will be able to handle the family dynamic after the baby is born.  Zende, of course, is the bad guy and should love and accept Nicole no matter what. It's just like Victoria is the bad person for not taking Billy back and forgive all his numerous transgressions. 

Liam, Steffy, and Brooke should welcome Zende to the 'Torn between two siblings!' clubnow that the news about Sasha is out. Seriously, I'd love for the show to have a sense of humor about this and acknowledge it somehow. Maybe Zende and Steffy are mutually whining about their dilemma when Liam shows up looking for Steffy and starts talking about Hope and then Brooke shows up and says 'Torn between siblings is nothing; I was torn between a man and his father' which would send Steffy retching, Zende suddenly fantasizing about Vivienne, and Liam saying 'You and Taylor are cute, but, uh, I already have enough mommy issues. Thanks.'

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

For once I could root for Nicole! BTW, exactly how were Julian and Maya going to banish Sasha from LA? Knock her over the head and put her in a shipping crate back to Illinois. 

Well, there was a certain character on As the World Turns (who I'd rather forget) who arrived in Oakdale via orange crate, so yes, this is "soap doable" :)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Holy shit, y'all.

Obba Babatunde drove this episode like he fucking stole it.  Sure, Sasha actually confessed to Soulverine about her paternity, and he (misguidedly, if somewhat understandably considering his general mindset) tried to convince her that Julius did indeed love her...but then Julius broke out the man-tears, and OMFG it was glorious.  Nicole read him perfectly as an appearances-obsessed SOB, and Julius broke out a series of awesome soliloquies that defended his position in the worst possible way...but made perfect sense from his perspective.  (Oh, and we now have Sasha's mother's name: Lucy.)  And then he had the typical-for-him-but-otherwise-unmitigated gall to turn it around on Sasha at the end.  "You may be my daughter...but you will never be my family."

Seriously--this was pure 200-proof soap goodness.

YES! This times 100. I'm wondering if we'll ever see Lucy. B&B needs to cast somebody who can bring it like Obba and how I'm sure AMH will when she finds out. I'm thinking Shari Headley. She's about 51 but doesn't look it, so it would be conceivable that it could be someone a bit younger than him. I could also buy Shari and Felisha being mother/daughter.

And I found myself rooting for Nicole today. When she was like, "I could have loved her. I could have made that other bed." The disdain when she said, "Daddy's perfect little princess."

Soap goodness. Bell and writers, y'all finally did something right. Though, I'm still mad they ruined Julius and have turned him into somebody beneath Victor Newman. (I felt his pain during the wedding last year, and that speech was probably what some parents of transgender children have felt.)

• Love 8
(edited)

Why would Mr Avant even bother to try to lie about Sasha? A simple DNA test could reveal the truth no matter how much tap-dancing and shade-throwing he does.

I don't understand the timeline. It sounds like Sasha wasn't conceived until after Nicole was born. Unless Ms Lucy got pregnant right away, I don't see how Nicole and Sasha are the same age.

Mrs Avant must have the patience of a saint. Not only does her husband refuse to get a job,  he's got her still living a tiny motel room that's probably smaller than the closests at the Forrester mansion. I guess it's now apparent  where Nicole learned how to tolerate having the man in her life make the least amount of effort to call himself her man.

As far as the comparisons to TGVN are concerned, nobody is below Victor Newman, IMO. I'll reconsider when Mr Avant, for example, has Nicole arrested at her wedding (causing her to miscarry).  Or when he basically sits back and does nothing while the mother of one his grandchildren is being sexually violated for months on end by a criminal he put on her. Lying for a couple of decades about having an outside kid would be light work for Victor.

Well, there was a certain character on As the World Turns (who I'd rather forget) who arrived in Oakdale via orange crate, so yes, this is "soap doable" :)

Heh, it happen on AMC too. One of lead characters was knocked out, put into a crate, and shipped to some random country in Eastern Europe. It was one of the clever ways they'd let the actor leave for his annual vacation.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7

I'm definitely rewatching this episode later because it was that damn good, but IIRC Julius said something to the effect of Sasha being born at some point before Nicole was (and by extension after Maya/Myron).

And as for his being worse than Victor?  In the larger sense there's no comparison at all, apart from that conviction that he was at least somewhat justified in what he did, but in a very narrow sense...he cheated on his wife under questionable circumstances, denied the child that resulted from that infidelity his love and affection while keeping her a dirty little secret and at arm's length for her entire life.  Which was while he was letting her interact with her biological half-sister and aunt (and she was aware of who they were in relation to her).

And he still basically denies that he did anything wrong.

Julius didn't need any Evil Twins or crazy-ass displays of power to be a villain.  He's just an everyday one, if perhaps one that didn't start out that way...and, yeah, that sometimes is worse than the full-blown mustache-twirling variety.  (And coming on the heels of all things WTHQuil makes this a surprisingly sane counterbalance, after a fashion.)

• Love 4
(edited)

My interpretation was that the Avants came to blows over Myron/Maya. Viv was on M's side, whereas Julius was being told (by whom, I didn't quite follow) that he wasn't being man enough to "change" Myron. Things got tense at home, so Viv cut him off in the bedroom. Lucy, however, *understood* and became a willing shoulder, as well as points south, for consoling Julius.

The reason why I remember was because I was doubly pissed-off that he more or less cheated to fulfill his sexual needs. In fact, I was bracing myself to hear, "You don't understand, Sasha. A man has NEEDS!"

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, grisgris said:

My interpretation was that the Avants came to blows over Myron/Maya. Viv was on M's side, whereas Julius was being told (by whom, I didn't quite follow) that he wasn't being man enough to "change" Myron. Things got tense at home, so Viv cut him off in the bedroom. Lucy, however, *understood* and became a willing shoulder, as well as points south, for consoling Julius.

That's the way I remember it too.  Regarding the bolded part, Julius said his father was one of the people who said he wasn't man enough to change Myron

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Today OB made me want to simultaneously slap his character and give a standing ovation to his serious A game. He gave a master acting class, hitting all the right notes. He so deserved that Emmy.

Also after today,  I'm getting a feeling that Viv knows about the Lucy affair, and suspects, even if she isn't sure, that Sacha is Julius' child.

I'm a little confused about the Avant's finances in IL though.  Julius' father fired him because of Myron.  Viv got a job, and then as Sacha said he was at home alot. But I seem to remember someone mentioned when the Avants first appeared in LA he worked as a chauffeur. And Julius said the other day he worked 2 jobs to  support his family and Sacha and Lucy.  Then today we find out Nicole went to a fancy parochial school and that Julius paid for Sacha to attend also.

So in IL he was an unemployed house husband who also worked 2 jobs to give his princess daughter everything *and* supported his outside family?  A little consistent backstory would be nice. 

• Love 3
(edited)

we need Sasha's mother to make a flyby to complete the circus...er, circle.  And it had better be Jackée.

Saw on another soap forum that it's going to be

Spoiler

Kim Coles, probably best known for her role on Living Single.

I think she'll work with Anna Maria Horsford and Obba Babatundé quite well.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

YES! This times 100. I'm wondering if we'll ever see Lucy. B&B needs to cast somebody who can bring it like Obba and how I'm sure AMH will when she finds out. I'm thinking Shari Headley. She's about 51 but doesn't look it, so it would be conceivable that it could be someone a bit younger than him. I could also buy Shari and Felisha being mother/daughter.

And I found myself rooting for Nicole today. When she was like, "I could have loved her. I could have made that other bed." The disdain when she said, "Daddy's perfect little princess."

Soap goodness. Bell and writers, y'all finally did something right. Though, I'm still mad they ruined Julius and have turned him into somebody beneath Victor Newman. (I felt his pain during the wedding last year, and that speech was probably what some parents of transgender children have felt.)

After watching the episode, I think the Victor Newman comparison is a bit harsh. Julius admits to being weak and has remorse, even if it's more about being outed than anything else. 

That's not to say I fell anything but contempt f or the asshole when he was talking to Sasha. Who holds it over their child's head about taking care of them, even under this situation?  Everything is all about Julius and his precious image.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

After watching the episode, I think the Victor Newman comparison is a bit harsh. Julius admits to being weak and has remorse, even if it's more about being outed than anything else. 

That's not to say I fell anything but contempt f or the asshole when he was talking to Sasha. Who holds it over their child's head about taking care of them, even under this situation?  Everything is all about Julius and his precious image.

In this situation, I once again declare that Julius moved into the relm of Victor.  IMO, the only reason Julius took care of Sasha and her mother was to keep them quiet nothing else.  Like Victor, Julius took care of his children but will turn his back when they do things he does not like.  In my world, throwing things in your child's face is a cardinal sin. You shouldn't  make a child feel greatful that you took care of them for, as a parent, it's your obligation and yours alone. 

• Love 6

Today's episode detoured from all things Avant for a bit back to Katie doggedly wearing Ridge down and wearing Ridge down and wearing Ridge's monkey ass down until he admitted that Douglas wasn't his child.  (Say it with me, kids: "Boundaries, motherfucker!  Do you use them?")  Unfortunately this will not be seen as the hypocritical act that it is because of the extent of the seeming lie.  But this, combined with Thomas's increasingly telenovela-like fixation on lil' Dougie (seriously--even for a WTD scenario, it's kind of veering into Quinn-lite territory, and Pierson Fode looks nothing like Victoria Ruffo), was a weirdly pleasant interlude.

Meanwhile, Julius was almost literally going "Bon voyage, may the wind always be at your back, now geeet out" to Sasha--right down to offering/demanding to pack her bags and get her the fuck out to LAX--and still blaming her for the cardinal sin of not being grateful for what she got from him.  Coming after yesterday's episode it was a letdown apart from Sasha sadly saying that all she wanted was for Julius to love her, but it was necessary.  Particularly once Vivienne told Nicole the batshit story of how Julius wooed her back in the day right after buying some other girl (and I'm calling it now: that was Lucy, albeit before he really got involved with her) some drinks.  Dude's a real piece of work, and the probability of an epic bitchslap just seems to keep going up...if incrementally.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

I love that they're having this 4 person discussion in the living room of a house none of them lives in.

I know. Why does Sasha even have her own keys to the Forrester estate? To let herself in to fuck Zzzzende? 

• Love 3

Is Katie all that concerned about Ridge's welfare or is she just being a Nosey Rosie.  As we got with Steffy and Ally, we are now getting with Ridge and Prick Doctor. Ridge was down the street and nowhere near the accident when it happen. Why would Ridge come back towards the scene of the accident?  Is this so Katie can accuse Ridge of pushing the doctor when there is absolutely no evidence to this?  How long before Katie spills the beans?  

Julius was a player even before he met Vivian and she married him anyway. WTF?  

• Love 5

I couldn't figure why TIIC would insert Katie of all people into Ridge's story. But then, I thought that in her drunker haze, maybe Katie will use Doug's paternity as a wedge to break him and Caroline up and try to sic Brooke on him to get her away from Bill. If this was gonna be all about Rick having another weapon to bash Ridge over the head with, TIIC could've left Katie outta this entirely.

I hope I'm way off base, but stranger things have happened.

• Love 6

Man, I think it's bad enough that nosy Brooke is always trying to climb up Ridge's butt but now Katie seems to be trying to insert herself into his urethra. These Logan women...And why does Ridge always end up confessing to them? Is it some kind of residual guilt?

Julius was a player even before he met Vivian and she married him anyway. WTF?   

Some women feel like they've won a contest against other women if they manage to be the one who takes a player down. It's an ego boost to be "the chosen one" until they find out he's still a player after they've married, had kids, and built a life with him.

I know. Why does Sasha even have her own keys to the Forrester estate? To let herself in to fuck Zzzzende?  

The door's never locked, is it? Seems like people just walk in a lot of the time.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

10 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

In this situation, I once again declare that Julius moved into the relm of Victor.  IMO, the only reason Julius took care of Sasha and her mother was to keep them quiet nothing else.  Like Victor, Julius took care of his children but will turn his back when they do things he does not like.  In my world, throwing things in your child's face is a cardinal sin. You shouldn't  make a child feel greatful that you took care of them for, as a parent, it's your obligation and yours alone. 

Julius' obnoxious bloviating about being leader of his family is to shield his innate weakness and cowardice. He may have felt he needed to cosset and isolate Nicole after believing he had failed with Myron/Maya, but his hard-heartedness was much more damaging for Sasha. Julius went out of his way to hurt Sasha, to frustrate her attempts to be with the only family she knew and loved, and then attempted turn that family against her that she would finally leave with his secret secure buried in Illinois. 

Julius refused to recognize Sasha as his child, TO HER FACE, though they both knew the truth. He denied her his name, rejected her as a member of his vaunted family, and denied her the love and affection of a father. Julius disowned her utterly, and she has gone begging for scraps while living with the burden of being rejected as person for as long as she's known she was his daughter.

Julius deserves no familial loyalty from Vivienne, Nicole, Maya or Sasha.

Julius deserves the same denial and rejection he is so fond handing out.

• Love 12
(edited)

That's some phone Katie has -- images on it actually get clearer as you zoom in! Bet if she had zoomed in more, she could have seen what time it was on Ridge's watch! Why did she think the cops would come after Ridge? He was nowhere near Dr. Sleaze when he walked in front of the vehicle. Ridge should have handed Katie a bottle of Grey Goose and a glass. That would have shut her up.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Why did she think the cops would come after Ridge?

Why indeed!  She said that he'll be questioned if the police investigate deeper because he was so close to the scene, but the headline on the article she was reading said that the police cleared the driver.   Doesn't that mean the case is closed?  So I presume the Los Angeles police are so bored that they're going to re-open a closed case...ok.

• Love 7

While they're at it, they can re-visit the Steffy vs. Aly whodunit.

This nonsense with Katie makes well, no sense.  At first I thought she was on some kind of revenge mission with Ridge for their breakup, then remembered that she dumped him.

• Love 5
(edited)

I still don't think Mr Avant is as bad as Victor Newman but he's definitely on the farm team. We can only wonder what horrors he would commit if he had Victor's wealth, power, and social status. Meanwhile, I've seen the previews for today and wow, Mrs Avant can go take a several seats too, AFAIC.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

I really need to remember these are actors playing roles.  I like the actor who plays Mr. Avant too much to allow myself to get upset with his character.

• Love 6

The only thing missing was Julius saying that Nicole will be doing the same thing by pretending that her son/daughter is her niece or nephew and being on the outside looking in at Rick and Maya's perfect family. He was throwing more shade than a palm tree and beating around more bushes when he was trying to lie and worm his way out earlier this week.

I don't understand his hatred of Sasha. He lost one child in the form of Myron and essentially had two other children. Yet, he acts like Sasha was a mistake and should be grateful for him throwing money at her mother and allowing her to be on the outside looking in. His character is shot because what kind of man would expect a child to bear the burden of never letting it slip about her parentage? And this is the bloodline Maya wanted to keep alive?

• Love 7