Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 2018-07-05 at 5:18 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I've never heard of that, but I will be checking it out.  I learn a lot from the posters here, thank you Sandy W.

You're so welcome, exword, whoever thought we would be exchanging household tips here as well as snark!

I live in Canada, but I checked and they are available at U.S. Walmart and Home Depot.  I have the early model and the spin action is by pumping up and down with the arms. The new ones have a foot pedal action to activate the spin.  Mine is still working fine after 4 years and a few replacement mop heads...best $40. I've spent in a while.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"...be mindful of your sensitive"?  Do any of these yahoos every proofread what they post?

And she puts butter in her coffee?  Blech.

Why is she STRIVING so hard to convince anyone she has a plan or is concentrating on weight loss, healthy eating or exercise progam.

We saw her in the blue dress at the latest Brown wedding.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Is there any food or nutrition fad Janelle won't follow?

All these fads she follows cost a fortune. That creamer she is showing off? It costs $14.99 at GNC. I feel like I am splurging to use organic half and half from Walmart at $3.83 a quart. Again, eating basic foods that aren't out of a box and watching portions (as others have said) combined with exercise are a good life plan anyone can follow. Spending a fortune of weird, hard to find products and grinding on exercising everyday just leads to....looking like Janelle.

• Love 12
(edited)

Do we think Janelle uses the serving size of that creamer? I definitely don’t with the creamer I use. From the label she posted,  70 of the 90 calories are from fat, and it has a lot of sodium, IMO.

It’s $12. at Walmart for an 8.5oz container.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2018 at 7:47 AM, Kohola3 said:

What's with the skin tight black biker shorts and tops?  Not the least bit flattering unless you wear a size 2.

She probably dressed to be comfortable on a day of walking a lot. People who aren't a size 2 like to be comfortable too, and don't necessarily worry constantly about what they're "supposed" to wear by society's standards. 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:36 AM, MillenialMom said:

Mariah tweeted that she saw lightning bugs for the first time in her life, after moving to Chicago. Are there no lightning bugs out west?

I'm 45 and live in California, and I actually thought lightning bugs were a joke or a myth like drop bears until recently. I'm well-educated and well-traveled, they just sounded completely outlandish to me. 

23 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Student loans can absolutely be used to furnish and pay rent on an apartment while you're in school. The link you shared even refers to that as a permitted use. You can use your loans to pay for living expenses. You're not supposed to use them to invest in Bitcoin, but living expenses are exactly what they're supposed to be used for, in addition to school tuition and fees. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xtwheeler said:

Student loans can absolutely be used to furnish and pay rent on an apartment while you're in school. The link you shared even refers to that as a permitted use. You can use your loans to pay for living expenses. You're not supposed to use them to invest in Bitcoin, but living expenses are exactly what they're supposed to be used for, in addition to school tuition and fees. 

True - I meant that the loan itself is something they MUST pay back so it's a good idea to be as frugal as possible.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

All these fads she follows cost a fortune. That creamer she is showing off? It costs $14.99 at GNC. I feel like I am splurging to use organic half and half from Walmart at $3.83 a quart. Again, eating basic foods that aren't out of a box and watching portions (as others have said) combined with exercise are a good life plan anyone can follow. Spending a fortune of weird, hard to find products and grinding on exercising everyday just leads to....looking like Janelle.

Walmart and other stores carry plant based non dairy creamers.  That is high calories and fat for such a small serving.

• Love 2
(edited)

The MCT oil in that creamer got me curious.......

”Possible Side Effect Of MCT Oil

1. Stomach Aches & ‘Disaster Pants’

An MCT Oil side effect are stomach aches and disaster pants

The most common negative side effect of this supplement is an upset stomach. This is usually pretty mild but can sometimes also cause diarrhea, cramps, and nausea.

These things can occur because of the way MCT oil is digested by our body. Unlike the other fat and foods you eat, MCTs are digested much faster. They skip part of the process so they can quickly be put to use as energy and ketone creators.”

”Consider MCT oil as a super fuel for your cells, because it boosts fat burning and increases mental clarity. MCT can also help you lose weightbecause it is quickly burned and metabolized.”

The creamer she’s touting contains milk!

C49134B6-AE05-457A-A019-F6552302F728.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The most common negative side effect of this supplement is an upset stomach. This is usually pretty mild but can sometimes also cause diarrhea, cramps, and nausea.

These things can occur because of the way MCT oil is digested by our body. Unlike the other fat and foods you eat, MCTs are digested much faster. They skip part of the process so they can quickly be put to use as energy and ketone creators.”

”Consider MCT oil as a super fuel for your cells, because it boosts fat burning and increases mental clarity. MCT can also help you lose weightbecause it is quickly burned and metabolized.”

You're right of course - butter is dairy!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

You're right of course - butter is dairy!

It is, but, it has no protein, just fat. Mr lookeyloo has a sensitivity to cow dairy - gives him migraines.  But, he can eat butter.  I am not a fan of Janelle's approach to fitness but, her body could possibly process some things differently and this might not be a (the) problem for her.   I agree that she lacks the notion of portion control, or ignores it, or keeps it below her awareness level, and I still say she follows all of her "healthy" options with a bag of Fritos!!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Absolom said:

Is there any food or nutrition fad Janelle won't follow?

Sigh! Yeah. Didn't this used to be called Atkins? I recall they used keto strips with that plan, too, and you were supposed to remain in ketosis for the first part of the plan. And, bodybuilders/fitness competitors have been doing this forever to lose fat before a competition.

Not. New. Another thing that tells us all Janelle is not someone to be followed as a health coach. 

16 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yes.

Portion control.

This. 

• Love 6

Bulletproof coffee is something used by folks following Keto — a VERY low carb diet (under 20g/day).  It's high in fat/calories, which works out okay if you really are limiting carbs and still paying some attention to calories in/calories out.  Those green smoothies she swears by? Veggies or not, fiber or not, net carbs or not, I guarantee she's not low carb (especially if they have fruit in them). So now she's taking in extra fat/calories in her coffee AND still eating carbs. Recipe for disaster, weight-wise.

• Love 4

It's apparent that Janelle is willing to slow waltz with any trend that comes along and none of her dances with diets seems to be working.

Maybe it's time she paid a visit to Dr. Now in Houston, that would be a good TLC crossover and a season filler...we already know everything about this year's wedding.  Dr. Now would brook no BS or rationalizations from her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Has she added fad after fad, all together?  They are probably cancelling each other out.  Pick a plan and stick with it, Janelle, 

Exactly. “I’ve tried everything”, normally means not giving any one thing a chance for an appropriate amount of time.

People do this with many things, diet, exercise, quitting smoking, disciplining children, etc..

• Love 3

Oh good grief!  All this analytical thinking by Janelle.  She could immediately release a 190 pound stress burden from her life by dumping Kody and extricating herself from a relationship where she has to compete with 3 other women for attention.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Oh good grief!  All this analytical thinking by Janelle.  She could immediately release a 190 pound stress burden from her life by dumping Kody and extricating herself from a relationship where she has to compete with 3 other women for attention.

Well said!  

• Love 4
On 7/8/2018 at 6:50 AM, ginger90 said:

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I really believe this is all product placement. And I wouldn't touch that stuff - stomach ache and disaster pants? LMAO, no thank you!

• Love 3

Well, she doesn't actually mention work, just "a million things going on and a high level of demand". That could be just about anything - I say I have a million things to do when there are two or three that take time or I don't want to do them. 

Hyperbole for effect.  The Brown Clown preferred method for communication.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“But I refuse to make an excuse for the 3rd day in a row.”

9362E548-5D44-421C-BD86-9A1F5EDB0AC1.jpeg

D440B14F-54E8-4217-95FB-4C62730071B0.jpeg

Translation:

"A follow up from yesterday's post which made no sense...here is another post that will make no sense.  Enjoy!  (insert random quote pulled off the interwebz)

I am unique because I have a million things going on and am always stressed out.  You people have no idea what it's like to be this stressed out every single day.  Because I am a special snowflake and get stressed out very easily, that makes me very different from all of you.  But after three days of self-medicating with naps and 9x13 pans of peanut-butter Fritos, I realized that since I am, after all, a "health coach," I should probably make a short appearance at my local gym, even though I hate all those people looking at me and I hate the equipment and I also hate activity of any kind.  But don't worry!  I'll be fine once I get there.  I will gripe and complain the entire way there, and I might stop for a Big Mac and a large chocolate milkshake to reward myself for going to the gym, but once I get there I will walk a quarter mile on the treadmill and call it a day because when 3pm rolls around, that's it.  DONE.  Self-imposed stop time on everything!  I don't know why, that's just one of my many quirks.  So it's now or never and I choose NOW (only because I have to at least make a small effort to appear as if I know what I'm talking about and that I do, indeed, exercise occasionally.

Make checks out to Janelle Brown, c/o Strive."

• Love 14

Is Kody moving them back to Utah under the cover of night while dubbed-in police sirens wail in the background?  Or are they all moving into the Parowan house together?

Oh, PLEASE can it be the latter??!  Please, I won't even ask for any more catfish crap, I promise!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Is Kody moving them back to Utah under the cover of night while dubbed-in police sirens wail in the background?  Or are they all moving into the Parowan house together?

Keep up, girl!  They are hoofing it to Flagstaff for no discernible reason other that ratings as evidenced by "details in the coming season".

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

I live in Flagstaff. It’s a small town. I’ll keep an eye out for them. 

You have my sympathies.  You'll likely be stopped on the street by one of them eager to inform you that "they are a polygamist family.  Isn't that fascinating? Aren't you thrilled with that information?  Aren't you honored to meet us?  Watch our fabulous show!"

At least you can recognize them and walk the other way.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Petrichor said:

I live in Flagstaff. It’s a small town. I’ll keep an eye out for them. 

LOL, I expect a report on any sightings!  Seriously, I wonder if the Welcome Wagon is going to call on them. 

I wonder how Flagstaff got so honored?  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

LOL, I expect a report on any sightings!  Seriously, I wonder if the Welcome Wagon is going to call on them. 

I wonder how Flagstaff got so honored?  

Their evil plan is working, because I want to know more! Why are they moving? Will it be another cul-de-sac situation? Will we have more wet bar drama? Who's going to be cast as the "good" guys and "bad" guys during the move? Between this and Aspyn's wedding, looks like the next season is all set.

• Love 8

What you want to bet there won't be equal housing for everyone this time. I bet house size will be paired with family size and number of children at home. I just saw on Instagram that Padeon posted last week that he had moved out and someone else commented that Maddie did a LulaRoe Live and stated she wasn't moving. So that would mean Janelle only has Robert and Savanna at home, Christine only has Truely, Yasbel, and Gwendolyn, Meri has no one since Mariah and Audrey are moving to Chicago, and Robyn still has all 5 at home. Of course that doesn't account for the "others" who live with them, like Mindy and Christine's Mom, and I have wondered if Janelle's Mom lives with her. I haven't seen anything posted about Aspyn and her new husband, I'm thinking he lived in Utah, so guessing they are living in Utah.  

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, bamaview said:

What you want to bet there won't be equal housing for everyone this time. I bet house size will be paired with family size and number of children at home. I just saw on Instagram that Padeon posted last week that he had moved out and someone else commented that Maddie did a LulaRoe Live and stated she wasn't moving. So that would mean Janelle only has Robert and Savanna at home, Christine only has Truely, Yasbel, and Gwendolyn, Meri has no one since Mariah and Audrey are moving to Chicago, and Robyn still has all 5 at home. Of course that doesn't account for the "others" who live with them, like Mindy and Christine's Mom, and I have wondered if Janelle's Mom lives with her. I haven't seen anything posted about Aspyn and her new husband, I'm thinking he lived in Utah, so guessing they are living in Utah.  

I think Janelle's mom only lives with her in winters because Las Vegas is warmer than Wyoming.  I agree, I believe that Robyn will get the biggest and best house.  Unless they have found a multi family unit.

• Love 1

Can't you just see the brain trusts figuring out how to eke out another season. 

Kootie:  "Let's go to Flagstaff for no apparent reason (although it's because they are foreclosing on our digs in the cuddle sac but the viewers are too dumb to know that) and then go through all kinds of fake angst finding new places.  Maybe we should all try living in one house and cook up some drama as you wives plot to kill each other.  That ought to be good for the ratings".

Wives:  "OK, Lord High Prophet. As long as it gets us lots more money into heaven."

Meri:  "Where the hell is my wet bar?"

• Love 8
14 hours ago, bamaview said:

So we might see Robyn get a fabulous, multi-bedroom home with a hobby room, a pool, and (pleasepleaseplease) a wet bar?  While Meri, based on her completely empty nest, gets an apartment over Janelle's garage?  I need this to happen!

• Love 13