Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Janelle's idea of weight training is standing around talking about weight training. 

Lets be honest here: Janelle is a morbidly obese woman and needs to do more moving and less talking about moving. If she were really practicing what she preaches and eating healthy and doing moderate exercise she would likely see the excess weight falling off. 

"Sweaty Selfie"?! Are you kidding me? The only thing she is sweating is working her long con. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

You can sign up for a questionnaire to be emailed to you, free of charge. But...... “appointments are subject to availability “ wth does that mean??

LOL. It means she's expecting a stampede of sycophants people requesting and submitting questionnaires, and that she won't have time to deal with them all. Of course, when half your day is spent eating your feelings and the other half of your day is spent feeling bad because you just spent half your day eating your feelings, there's not much time left in the day to do anything about why you're eating your feelings!

• Love 6

https://www.integrativenutrition.com/

This is Janelle's LLR.  It costs $5,995 for the program and according to their FAQs, THIS IS NOT A RIPOFF OR A SCAM.

32 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

That’s like someone wearing a burlap sack saying they’re a fashion consultant. 

Be a coach once you’re there, not as you’re still trying to GET there. 

Meri with her dreadful fashion sense.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2017 at 2:07 PM, MrSmith said:

LOL. It means she's expecting a stampede of sycophants people requesting and submitting questionnaires, and that she won't have time to deal with them all. Of course, when half your day is spent eating your feelings and the other half of your day is spent feeling bad because you just spent half your day eating your feelings, there's not much time left in the day to do anything about why you're eating your feelings!

Ha! I first read this as a stampede of ELEPHANTS! (Maybe because I'm no skinny-minny myself) :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would bet ALL of us here will, too!  6 frigging grand?  Unreal.

Haha, we could buy into LLR for that $!  I won't be doing that, either.  These women are nuts.

For six thousand dollars, I could pay someone to slap the food out of my hand.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 18

Aww, you guys are being way too tough on Janelle!  

She spent six thousand dollars to become a health coach.  Which necessarily means that she is now seriously well-trained and emotionally equipped to lead others to the live the same healthy lifestyle she herself lives!!!!   Don't you want to look like her?  Don't you want to sit in your car and cry at the thought of returning to your house to face the loneliness and chaos the way she does?   I just don't get it.  With Janelle's trained insights and support, you too can be a few hundred pounds overweight and live the same miserable life she does!  What's with the skepticism?

Seriously, Janelle would have been better off if she had taken that six grand and snuck off to Mexico for some cheap lipo and a bargain tummy tuck.  Claim she lost the weight on her own and tout her "success" as an advertisement for her STRIVE  business.  This degree doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  Who wants to hire a health coach who can't make it up a single flight of stairs without huffing and puffing and needing to stop for a rest? Or who is always making her blah, downer, Eeyore-esque posts about how she is trying so hard to overcome how bad she feels?  

I apologize for my super harsh tone, but damn ....  Janelle just needs to stop trying to market herself as some kind of health guru while she is in such poor physical (and , imo, emotional) shape.  I admit I am far from perfect myself, but I'm not trying to make a living telling other people how to think and eat and exercise and reach their fitness goals. I've lost patience with the whole thing.  She can buy herself all the online degrees she wants, but until I see some kind of evidence anything Janelle says/does/thinks/preaches/or sells has had any effect on HER LIFE, she needs to go away with this crap.

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I've lost patience with the whole thing.  She can buy herself all the online degrees she wants, but until I see some kind of evidence anything Janelle says/does/thinks/preaches/or sells has had any effect on HER LIFE, she needs to go away with this crap.

Awww @Celia Rubenstein why don't you tell us how you really feel? 

Why do these people think they can grift like this?

It must be the same delusion that makes people agree to be on reality TV in the first place.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Aww, you guys are being way too tough on Janelle!  

She spent six thousand dollars to become a health coach.  Which necessarily means that she is now seriously well-trained and emotionally equipped to lead others to the live the same healthy lifestyle she herself lives!!!!   Don't you want to look like her?  Don't you want to sit in your car and cry at the thought of returning to your house to face the loneliness and chaos the way she does?   I just don't get it.  With Janelle's trained insights and support, you too can be a few hundred pounds overweight and live the same miserable life she does!  What's with the skepticism?

Seriously, Janelle would have been better off if she had taken that six grand and snuck off to Mexico for some cheap lipo and a bargain tummy tuck.  Claim she lost the weight on her own and tout her "success" as an advertisement for her STRIVE  business.  This degree doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  Who wants to hire a health coach who can't make it up a single flight of stairs without huffing and puffing and needing to stop for a rest? Or who is always making her blah, downer, Eeyore-esque posts about how she is trying so hard to overcome how bad she feels?  

I apologize for my super harsh tone, but damn ....  Janelle just needs to stop trying to market herself as some kind of health guru while she is in such poor physical (and , imo, emotional) shape.  I admit I am far from perfect myself, but I'm not trying to make a living telling other people how to think and eat and exercise and reach their fitness goals. I've lost patience with the whole thing.  She can buy herself all the online degrees she wants, but until I see some kind of evidence anything Janelle says/does/thinks/preaches/or sells has had any effect on HER LIFE, she needs to go away with this crap.

Yeah.  Move to second the opinion.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, toodles said:

Yeah.  Move to second the opinion.

Agreed. @Celia Rubenstein is absolutely spot on. I know tomorrow is Thanksgiving and all, but I can't help but wish bad things on Janelle for this one. I'm hoping she ends up getting sued into the ground over giving bad advice and incorrect information to someone. Hopefully, that someone "merely" has an allergic reaction to something and recovers quickly and easily.

• Love 1

For the $6000 Jenelle would take from a dummy, one can hire a local trainer, hire food prep or take a nutrition course, see a therapist for 12 sessions, pay for a deluxe gym membership, pay the $10/session Cycle Bar fee, do morning boot camps, yoga, hike, get massages and all sorts of other pro-health activities for 12 weeks — and still have $3000 left over. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

For the $6000 Jenelle would take from a dummy, one can hire a local trainer, hire food prep or take a nutrition course, see a therapist for 12 sessions, pay for a deluxe gym membership, pay the $10/session Cycle Bar fee, do morning boot camps, yoga, hike, get massages and all sorts of other pro-health activities for 12 weeks — and still have $3000 left over

At least! In the Midwest, average gym memberships are $30 to $50 a month. There aren't really any fancy gyms (that I've ever seen, anyway). Even the Rochester Athletic Club (Rochester, MN), which is huge, won't run you much more than that ($67/month for one person), and the Prairie Athletic Club (Sun Prairie, WI) is $2 more than that - and that place has a small waterpark!

29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My tablet won't allow me to open this link. What is the $6000 for? 

Janelle paid $6000 to become a “certified” health coach through that scum company. Now, she charges a fee for health coaching.  Going to a depressed morbidly obese woman for health coaching is like going to virgin brat Eveyln (90 Day Fiance) for relationship advice. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Janelle paid $6000 to become a “certified” health coach through that scum company. Now, she charges a fee for health coaching.  Going to a depressed morbidly obese woman for health coaching is like going to virgin brat Eveyln (90 Day Fiance) for relationship advice. 

She paid Strive, or some other company? Sorry I am confused, lol! What the heck would she "learn" for $6000, and where did that money come from, groceries? 

Went to the Strive site.....is this what she paid for?

Having been certified as an IIN-Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the largest nutrition school in the world, I offer health coaching from someone who really gets it!  True health coaching isn’t telling you what to do and how to do it, but to offer support, accountability and a listening ear, to help you achieve your wellness goals. 

I wonder where the money came from for this scam.  No show, no income and you can't tell me that she a) put her  paychecks in the bank or b) makes any money on Strive.   Probably a second or third mortgage on the house.   Isn't it about time for some foreclosures in the cuddle-sac?

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can't access that nutrition site either. I guess my tablet is looking out for me. I did see it's an online course. But, $6000 worth??

The link I posted basically proves that the IIN and its founder, Joel Schumacher, is a scam and fraudster, respectively. The IIN had managed to get a couple of colleges to affiliate with it ostensibly to give IIN "health coaches" some CEU (continuing education units, which has an internationally recognized definition and even a governing body to oversee the organizations that award the credits); in reality, of course, it was just to lend the IIN an air of credibility. If I were on my work laptop right now, I'd tweet at Janelle and STRIVE and provide the link, basically calling Janelle out for being a fraud herself at this point. Maybe I'll do that later; if I do, I'm also going to set my Twitter password to something I can remember.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Having been certified as an IIN-Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the largest nutrition school in the world, I offer health coaching from someone who really gets it!  True health coaching isn’t telling you what to do and how to do it, but to offer support, accountability and a listening ear, to help you achieve your wellness goals. 

Aha!  So she's not even going to impart any of her $6K worth of nutrition or health "knowledge" to her clients, but just listen and support.  So what's the point of hiring her?  My friends and I do that for each other for free.

• Love 5

The Browns don't know any other kind of business than a pyramid scheme. I think Sisters Wives Closet may be their only business that doesn't have at its core the business model of preying on people. At least they sell a product. A few of the kids are advertising products on social media to earn money. So, does anyone know or should I assume the show is over?

• Love 2
On 11/21/2017 at 0:22 PM, toodles said:

According to the FAQ, this is her program costs.

https://www.integrativenutrition.com/admissions/FAQ

The Browns are drawn to super-hyped, quick-money bullshit like vultures to road kill. I love that one of the FAQs at IIN reads: "IS IIN A “RIP-OFF” OR A SCAM?" and their answer begins: "No way." Whew--what a relief. Rest easy, oh gullible marks--we're not a scam because we say we're not a scam!

Of all the things Janelle might apply herself to, being a health/wellness/nutrition coach is absolutely the most asinine choice imaginable. If I was selling classes on home organization and my house looked like a candidate for Hoarders, I wouldn't make a lot of money. If Janelle actually got healthy, people would probably throw money at her--the diet industry is wildly lucrative and god knows the world loves a success story. But even the most desperate have eyes, for crying out loud! Her lack of cred is literally visible to the world.

This venture for Janelle is like Meri with Lularo--she got snared by the hype, threw money at it, and allowed herself to be suckered into the idea that she could make money doing the gig herself.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, SometimesBites said:

The Browns are drawn to super-hyped, quick-money bullshit like vultures to road kill. I love that one of the FAQs at IIN reads: "IS IIN A “RIP-OFF” OR A SCAM?" and their answer begins: "No way." Whew--what a relief. Rest easy, oh gullible marks--we're not a scam because we say we're not a scam!

Of all the things Janelle might apply herself to, being a health/wellness/nutrition coach is absolutely the most asinine choice imaginable. If I was selling classes on home organization and my house looked like a candidate for Hoarders, I wouldn't make a lot of money. If Janelle actually got healthy, people would probably throw money at her--the diet industry is wildly lucrative and god knows the world loves a success story. But even the most desperate have eyes, for crying out loud! Her lack of cred is literally visible to the world.

This venture for Janelle is like Meri with Lularo--she got snared by the hype, threw money at it, and allowed herself to be suckered into the idea that she could make money doing the gig herself.

Yup, if Janelle would’ve demonstrated that it “worked” for her, it would be viewed as way more credible than looking like she has t made much progress—but wants people to pay her to be a “coach”. Come on Janelle! Seriously? 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Come on Janelle! Seriously? 

It's ludicrous to expect people to spend money on something that is obviously an epic fail. I'm surprised this sham company allows her to connect her name to it.  You want to be profitable?  Go the way of the founder of Weight Watchers who is a clear advertisement for the efficacy of the program.

• Love 4

She doesn't have to DO anything, just talk, or type. She's that good!

From STRIVE

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She doesn't have to DO anything, just talk, or type. She's that good!

From STRIVE

It's what Janelle Iikes to do.  Talk about doing stuff, but you know, not doing anything.  Send a couple of IT'S HARRRRRD or keep up the good with with a smiley face emails and you're good to go.  But only if she feels like it.  Need a food or exercise plan?  Yeah, no.  Not today.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup, if Janelle would’ve demonstrated that it “worked” for her, it would be viewed as way more credible than looking like she has t made much progress—but wants people to pay her to be a “coach”. Come on Janelle! Seriously? 

Janelle forgot the part about people wanting the after picture, not the before.

• Love 3

I think she's dumber than the average Brown.  She moved away from the family mess, got an education, had a good job, and then stupidly went right back into the situation where she clearly wasn't happy before.  She could have provided nicely for her children, gone to court and gotten child support from Kody, and had a very nice life as an independent woman.  Who knows, she may have even met a nice guy who gave her lots of emotional support!!!

But no, she threw her inheritance and retirement money down the Brown money pit, and decided that life as a mostly ignored non legal "wife" was good for herself and her children.  She's an idiot.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

She's an idiot.

She's a brainwashed Sheep Wife just like all of the female polygamist believers.  It's a cult and they all drank the Kool-aid a long time ago when they accepted all of the "celestial planet" hogwash.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

I think she's dumber than the average Brown.  She moved away from the family mess, got an education, had a good job, and then stupidly went right back into the situation where she clearly wasn't happy before.  She could have provided nicely for her children, gone to court and gotten child support from Kody, and had a very nice life as an independent woman.  Who knows, she may have even met a nice guy who gave her lots of emotional support!!!

But no, she threw her inheritance and retirement money down the Brown money pit, and decided that life as a mostly ignored non legal "wife" was good for herself and her children.  She's an idiot.

Agreed. Why’d she come back to that? I get the being brainwashed but damn. Meri too has shown us she’s not happy—ugh. It’s sad to watch. I’d love nothing more than these women to GTFO.

Janellle went from having promising prospects to Strive. She’s floundering in what seems to be a complete lack of self confidence, yet she’s trying to make it as a “coach”. Their beliefs have turned these women into fakes and chumps. 

• Love 5