Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, toodles said:

"I started to really notice people everywhere. And guess what, most of them were not the “perfect” size, the standard I held for myself in my head. That believe it or not, people really do come in all shape and sizes"

What planet has Janelle been living on? I mean really, is she JUST NOW in life noticing that people come in different sizes? How stupid does she think her base is? If I read something like this, I would run run run away from her business as fast as possible. If someone is advising her on how to run this business, they are failing her in a spectacular way. If she is doing this all on her own, well it shows the Brown Family Stupidity in a spectacular way.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

What planet has Janelle been living on? I mean really, is she JUST NOW in life noticing that people come in different sizes? How stupid does she think her base is? If I read something like this, I would run run run away from her business as fast as possible. If someone is advising her on how to run this business, they are failing her in a spectacular way. If she is doing this all on her own, well it shows the Brown Family Stupidity in a spectacular way.

Right? This amongst all the other ridiculous "discoveries" she's shared that everyone else already seems to be aware of. Apparently she has not discovered over-confidence in one's business plan.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Janelle's writing is very telling indeed. Here is my theory about all her writings:

We caught a glimpse into the REAL polygamous life during Meri's catfish saga. This is Janelle's version. In a podcast I had posted in another thread, Brady Williams mentioned the girls/women of polygamy are programmed from birth (or before birth) to accept polygamy. Janelle wasn't a child of polygamy so had to learn a lot of things that Meri and Christine already knew about coping with jealousy and being in a loveless marriage, etc.

I think working, comfort eating, and blinding herself to the world are just a few ways Janelle coped with being Kody's baby momma and having sister wives. I doubt Janelle went from growing up in a monogamous family, being in a monogamous marriage to being polygamous very smoothly.

She didn't know people came in different sizes because she blinded herself to that fact. Otherwise she would have compared her expanding waist to that of her sister wives and other women. She would have also compared how other men treated their wives in public to how Kody treated her (or compare her relationship to her sister wives' relationship with Kody). So the blinders go up. 

Again, it is only my theory and maybe I am reading too much into her writings. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I didn't understand this sentence from Janelle's blog:  " I avoid the carriers that don’t offer assigned seating, even if it means I have to pay a little more. It is a true phobia for me. My stomach gets upset and I start to stress out."

I fly Southwest almost exclusively BECAUSE they don't have assigned seating.  I pay a couple of bucks extra if it's a long flight so that I'll get a lower boarding number.  I'm one of the first people on the plane, and I sit wherever I want.  Hubby and I usually get aisle seats across from each other with no trouble.  I avoid carriers that DO have assigned seating, because I have less luck in sitting where I want.

So I'm confused by what Janelle wrote.

I kinda get this, even though I don't fly anymore unless it's a dire emergency (because the airlines are assholes combined with severe social anxiety disorder), but when I did I ALWAYS had to have a window seat so I could avoid contact with anyone else the whole time. We always bought the window seat and adjacent seat ahead of time so I didn't have to worry about being seated next to a stranger (only fly with hubby). 

For visits back home to the midwest, it's Amtrack and a superliner sleeper car for us. Sure it takes longer and it costs about the same, but you get your own space, bunk beds and meals included in the dining car. The airlines and all their extra charges and treating people like crap, they can suck it. 

• Love 7

@TurtlePower I'm with you. I used to enjoy flying when I was young (until about my mid-20's). After that, I realized it was a pain in the ass. Plus, I now get motion sickness when the plane banks and my eustachian tubes very much dislike the change in air pressure (both ways). My wife has gotten to take the train to and from Milwaukee to visit family, particularly for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas when I'm not also making that trip. I've made sure to get her a room every time and she loves taking the train. If we didn't have a dog, then we'd just take the train all the time to visit family. The drive from Red Wing to Milwaukee is really boring, anyway, especially the last bit between Johnson Creek and Milwaukee. It doesn't help that Wisconsin has such terrible roads, either.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Janelle's writing is very telling indeed. Here is my theory about all her writings:

We caught a glimpse into the REAL polygamous life during Meri's catfish saga. This is Janelle's version. In a podcast I had posted in another thread, Brady Williams mentioned the girls/women of polygamy are programmed from birth (or before birth) to accept polygamy. Janelle wasn't a child of polygamy so had to learn a lot of things that Meri and Christine already knew about coping with jealousy and being in a loveless marriage, etc.

I think working, comfort eating, and blinding herself to the world are just a few ways Janelle coped with being Kody's baby momma and having sister wives. I doubt Janelle went from growing up in a monogamous family, being in a monogamous marriage to being polygamous very smoothly.

She didn't know people came in different sizes because she blinded herself to that fact. Otherwise she would have compared her expanding waist to that of her sister wives and other women. She would have also compared how other men treated their wives in public to how Kody treated her (or compare her relationship to her sister wives' relationship with Kody). So the blinders go up. 

Again, it is only my theory and maybe I am reading too much into her writings. 

I think this is very true, and I also think Janelle is reaching for "ideas" to try to make herself look like she is awakening to pass onto her few and far between followers. I'm still convinced that this is all Kody's idea and she is struggling to make it work.

Also...I find it fascinating that if you look at the original three wives.  All three made their choices because they had the HOTS for this man child.  Meri was mostly raised in polygamy, her family converting when she was a young child.  But she agrees to it because it's what Kody and her father wanted.  Because she wants the man.

Janelle is already married, and unhappy because her chosen isn't spiritual enough for her, and she gets the HOTS for Kody, who is her sister-in-laws husband.  HEY!!  The solution is simple...convert and she can then be validated and she gets the man too!! But she wasn't raised within "the principle" and so she had zero skills going into it.  Plus Kody, the ass, wasn't raised in it and had no clue how to lead his growing family.  Meri, who figured she was head bitch in charge, and Janelle who thought we should all work together with peace and love cause that's what the scripture says, coupled with her inverted nature, and that man who is an ass, well......they were doomed from the beginning.

And Christine.....she wanted Kody from the get go....but only as wife number three, so she actually just sat around, throwing herself at him and waiting until the number three slot opened up.  I still think that he was told by his church to take another wife, or to take her as his third wife.  He has made it quite obvious that he has never been into Christine, and we have seen the fallout from that on the show.

The moral of the story is....ALL these women wanted that man!! Ugh....

...although....if I put on my foil hat and think about it.  We could easily come up with the theory that "The Principle" was actually invented by the pharmaceutical industry to produce more and more people who need an endless supply of depression and anxiety medication... ;)

• Love 12
On 5/25/2017 at 8:53 AM, MrSmith said:

@TurtlePower I'm with you. I used to enjoy flying when I was young (until about my mid-20's). After that, I realized it was a pain in the ass. Plus, I now get motion sickness when the plane banks and my eustachian tubes very much dislike the change in air pressure (both ways). My wife has gotten to take the train to and from Milwaukee to visit family, particularly for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas when I'm not also making that trip. I've made sure to get her a room every time and she loves taking the train. If we didn't have a dog, then we'd just take the train all the time to visit family. The drive from Red Wing to Milwaukee is really boring, anyway, especially the last bit between Johnson Creek and Milwaukee. It doesn't help that Wisconsin has such terrible roads, either.

For the record, @MrSmith, I am a neighbor of yours.  Hudson, WI.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG both Janelle and Kody looks awful. 

So Maddie had a home birth? Does that mean we are going to see another Brown pop out? 

1. Kody looks fatter and he really needs to do something with his hair.

2. Janelle needs a better bra and it doesn't seem like she lost any weight.

Those two do not look like they are in love. I get they are excited about their grandchild but they really don't look like a couple here.

Congrats to Maddie and her husband.

Edited to add:

I wonder if Janelle is smug. She gets to be the first grandmother of all the sister wives AND the first grandchild is a boy.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 5

And for Meri, with Mariah being a lesbian, it is possible, but more involved to have a baby, so it might take a while for her to be a grandmother, even if that is in the cards for Mariah.  

There is no way that Janelle has lost any weight. Maybe that's why she posted on the Strive site about realizing everyone's shape is acceptable or whatever it is she said. Perhaps she's realized she just doesn't have the drive and determination to successfully complete a "weight loss journey" and this is her way of letting her fans in on that without any recriminations.

19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Kody looks like he is the one who just went through 72 hours of labor.  Sheesh, dude, run a comb through that mop.

My thoughts exactly. Damn, his hair just gets worse and worse every year. He really needs to just shave it and be done. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/25/2017 at 10:22 AM, Roslyn said:

And Christine.....she wanted Kody from the get go....but only as wife number three, so she actually just sat around, throwing herself at him and waiting until the number three slot opened up.  I still think that he was told by his church to take another wife, or to take her as his third wife.  He has made it quite obvious that he has never been into Christine, and we have seen the fallout from that on the show.

Do you remember the nacho cheese incident mentioned in their memoir? When I was reading about it, I thought, "OMFG THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS TRUE", googled "sister wives nacho cheese", and found this video, aptly titled "Sister wives nacho diss". The video is below for those who haven't seen it.

Christine craves Kody's attention the most, which became glaringly obvious when Robyn joined the family. Christine went batshit crazy over having to share Kody with his new toy. Her need to be recognized as a wife separate from the other wives also came up on a more recent episode where she and Kody go to Galveston for their anniversary (or was it Christine's birthday? I don't remember, but why the hell does Christine go to the weirdest freaking places for her vacations????). IIRC, their marriage therapist asked them to stack rocks on the beach and Kody decided that he wanted them to stack 20-something rocks to signify their entire family. Christine, upset with him, expressed that she wanted to stack only eight rocks, representing Kody and Christine's relationship and the biological children they share. She was pretty adamant about it, but Kody didn't care. 

If only Christine were born into the mainstream LDS church. I personally think she's a great mom and a dedicated housewife, but she would be a lot happier with a man who only has eyes for her. She went into polygamy with rose-coloured glasses (side note: her Twitter handle is @rosecolored6), thinking everything would be peachy and jealousy would be easy to overcome. She married, young and inexperienced, and many years and a brood of children later, she couldn't leave him even if she wanted to. Where would she go? How would she support her children? What man would want her now? Her nearest point of reference is Janelle, who worked and had the means to support her children as a single mother when she left. I don't know. I really like Christine and she is my favourite sister wife. I have a soft spot for her. It's funny... if only Janelle and Christine switched their circumstances of birth (with Janelle being born into polygamy and Christine being born in the mainstream LDS). Christine would be happy as a clam and at least Janelle would know how to deal with the whole polygamy thing better. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

Do you remember the nacho cheese incident mentioned in their memoir? When I was reading about it, I thought, "OMFG THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS TRUE", googled "sister wives nacho cheese", and found this video, aptly titled "Sister wives nacho diss". The video is below for those who haven't seen it.

Christine craves Kody's attention the most, which became glaringly obvious when Robyn joined the family. Christine went batshit crazy over having to share Kody with his new toy. Her need to be recognized as a wife separate from the other wives also came up on a more recent episode where she and Kody go to Galveston for their anniversary (or was it Christine's birthday? I don't remember, but why the hell does Christine go to the weirdest freaking places for her vacations????). IIRC, their marriage therapist asked them to stack rocks on the beach and Kody decided that he wanted them to stack 20-something rocks to signify their entire family. Christine, upset with him, expressed that she wanted to stack only eight rocks, representing Kody and Christine's relationship and the biological children they share. She was pretty adamant about it, but Kody didn't care. 

If only Christine were born into the mainstream LDS church. I personally think she's a great mom and a dedicated housewife, but she would be a lot happier with a man who only has eyes for her. She went into polygamy with rose-coloured glasses (side note: her Twitter handle is @rosecolored6), thinking everything would be peachy and jealousy would be easy to overcome. She married, young and inexperienced, and many years and a brood of children later, she couldn't leave him even if she wanted to. Where would she go? How would she support her children? What man would want her now? Her nearest point of reference is Janelle, who worked and had the means to support her children as a single mother when she left. I don't know. I really like Christine and she is my favourite sister wife. I have a soft spot for her. It's funny... if only Janelle and Christine switched their circumstances of birth (with Janelle being born into polygamy and Christine being born in the mainstream LDS). Christine would be happy as a clam and at least Janelle would know how to deal with the whole polygamy thing better. 

Wow. Talk about hypocrisy. Currently, Kody looks like he's been shoveling in plates of nachos himself.

• Love 3

I remember when Kody and Robin were on their honeymoon just after she joined the family.  Meri said to the others, "remember he is missing us, too."   Cut to a clip of hot Robin in a bikini and Kody frolicking on the beach!

Finally he gets a skinny wife.  His fascination with that remains.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I am shocked re nacho incident.  I checked for a video of it and sadly came up empty.  What a jerk.  

I think I saw it under the Christine thread a while ago?  He's an ass, for sure.  

58 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I remember when Kody and Robin were on their honeymoon just after she joined the family.  Meri said to the others, "remember he is missing us, too."   Cut to a clip of hot Robin in a bikini and Kody frolicking on the beach!

I'm happy to see dear Robyn has chunked on some weight, what with having the two youngest.  Poor thing! ;)

Strive doesn't seem to be working for Janelle.  Time to come up with something else.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think I saw it under the Christine thread a while ago?  He's an ass, for sure.  

I'm happy to see dear Robyn has chunked on some weight, what with having the two youngest.  Poor thing! ;)

Strive doesn't seem to be working for Janelle.  Time to come up with something else.

I don't think it exists since a google search only brought up the video above, none with her actually eating them.   Damn, I really wanted to see her eat them!  Ah, well.  There is enough to sog my morbid fascination, I will have to just be disappointed.  

The nacho incident is not on tape. 

"And to prove how absolutely stupid Kody was, in his one on one interview, Morales gave him a chance to apologize for the insensitive things he had said about Christine. "Do you regret saying what you said earlier to us today?...Did she call you out on it after that interview?" she asked. "...that whole nacho cheese thing ...that was years before Christine and I got married." he said. "But it still hurt her, hearing you say that...she seemed to shut down right when you said that... in fact all the other women were like oh no!" Kody, apparently realizing Natalie Morales was not taken in by his boyish charms, laughed, then dropped the smile and said " Well...I'm not sitting here rehearsing a line...er...stating a line that I've rehearsed. You asked me a question, I stated kind of where I was at the time." 

• Love 2

Oh, I misunderstood, sorry.  I thought you meant when they mentioned the nacho thing in one of the Tell-Nothings.

He's still a major horse's ass for writing that in their book.  I'm sure that he only married Christine because she was Plyg Royalty.

As for Janelle, I think Kody & Meri had their eye on the career-minded second "wife" and her potential as a money-maker for them.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, I misunderstood, sorry.  I thought you meant when they mentioned the nacho thing in one of the Tell-Nothings.

He's still a major horse's ass for writing that in their book.  I'm sure that he only married Christine because she was Plyg Royalty.

As for Janelle, I think Kody & Meri had their eye on the career-minded second "wife" and her potential as a money-maker for them.

There's no evidence that Janelle was "career minded" in particular before she "married" Kody. I still feel that she divorced her husband - Meri's brother - with the intention of going after Kody, and without a thought for Meri's feelings. 

I think Janelle married Kody on Meri's BIRTHDAY. How low is that?!?

She blindsided Meri. While Meri agreed to polygamy, I don't think she was expecting it to happen so soon after her own wedding and figured she'd have Kody to herself for a longer time frame.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She blindsided Meri. While Meri agreed to polygamy, I don't think she was expecting it to happen so soon after her own wedding and figured she'd have Kody to herself for a longer time frame.

I am not so sure about Meri not expecting a sister wife so soon. I don't have their book so I don't know how true this post is (from http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com.tr/2012/06/review-sister-wives-tell-all.html:

When Morales asked "...Kody and Meri you guys were both courting, or fell in love with an eighteen year old. Is that right to say you both fell in love with..." Kody abruptly interrupts Morales to say "I was 22, 23...I mean it wasn't ...I don't want to get salacious here..." Then Robyn inexplicably interrupts saying " she was close to their age".

It makes you wonder, if the girl was 18, why all the sputtering from Kody saying how he didn't want to get salacious. Well, I read the book. And I can tell you that they started dating this girl when she was underaged. It was, in fact, Christine that drove the girl to a youth camp where she first met Kody and Meri. (page 54) And according to Christine, Meri and Kody's courtship with this girl had been prolonged because "...Kody and Meri wanted to wait for the girl they were courting to turn eighteen before making their engagement official...I heard when they got engaged and I knew when they set the date for the wedding." (page 56).

I wish someone had record the entire tell all rather than just the Nacho part. I cannot seem to find the tell all online. Anyhoo.

If anyone have the book or know the timeline. Was this courtship before Janelle or before Christine joined the family? I know Christine ran after Kody until he married her but for how long did she do so?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

There's no evidence that Janelle was "career minded" in particular before she "married" Kody. I still feel that she divorced her husband - Meri's brother - with the intention of going after Kody, and without a thought for Meri's feelings. 

I think Janelle married Kody on Meri's BIRTHDAY. How low is that?!?

I must admit, I'm no fan of Meri.  Your take is interesting.  I did not know about their wedding date.  And, I thought Meri did have Kody to herself for at least 3 years.  I could be wrong, and my view may be skewed from reading their book.  I've always thought Meri was HBIC until Robyn came along.

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Still?  Yes, he always has been and I don't see how that will change.  Never meant to imply otherwise!  LOL

• Love 2

I have the book (a PDF).  Meri and Kody were married 21 April 1990.  Janelle and Kody were "married" on Meri's birthday in January 1993.  

However, according to the book:  

“After Meri and I had been married for three months, I went looking for a new job. I went to the employment agency where Janelle worked. She helped me out, first with a few part-time positions, and eventually with a full-time job in sales. One afternoon I had to stop by Janelle’s office to pick up a check. I passed by her desk to say hello. A quick hello turned into a long conversation. Janelle was very forthcoming about her life. She complained about the guys she was dating, about how immature and unsatisfactory they were. Immediately a thought popped into my head: Janelle should marry a guy like me. I thought I was the perfect solution to Janelle’s problem. Back then I was young and arrogant. I was also naive. I thought that I was everything Janelle was looking for.”

“A few months later, Meri and I were getting ready to move from Utah to Wyoming to be close to my family. Meri, Janelle, and I had spent some time together and gotten to know one another even better. In fact, Meri and I were even renting Janelle’s old house for a while. I wanted to see Janelle once more before we moved away, so I invited her to lunch with me. Technically, it’s inappropriate for a married man to have lunch alone with another woman. But Janelle and I were friends. There was no thought of courting, so lunch was purely platonic.
But during that lunch, that same thought that I’d had a few months earlier in Janelle’s office crossed my mind—there was something between Janelle and me. I was a married man, so I had to be careful with my words. I tried to be as offhand as possible when I said to Janelle, “Maybe you and I should consider you and me.”

Excerpt From: Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn Brown. “Becoming Sister Wives.” iBooks. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So no mention of Janelle's marriage to Adam. Kody and Janelle's lunch happened within a year of his marriage to Meri, yet they didn't get married for another two years? So did Meri and Kody court the teenager first, then marry Janelle when the teenager fled the scene? 

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Back then I was young and arrogant

I love this part. The only part of that statement that is no longer true is the "young" part. He's still an arrogant, narcissistic asshole.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have the book (a PDF).  Meri and Kody were married 21 April 1990.  Janelle and Kody were "married" on Meri's birthday in January 1993.  

However, according to the book:  

“After Meri and I had been married for three months, I went looking for a new job. I went to the employment agency where Janelle worked. She helped me out, first with a few part-time positions, and eventually with a full-time job in sales. One afternoon I had to stop by Janelle’s office to pick up a check. I passed by her desk to say hello. A quick hello turned into a long conversation. Janelle was very forthcoming about her life. She complained about the guys she was dating, about how immature and unsatisfactory they were. Immediately a thought popped into my head: Janelle should marry a guy like me. I thought I was the perfect solution to Janelle’s problem. Back then I was young and arrogant. I was also naive. I thought that I was everything Janelle was looking for.”

“A few months later, Meri and I were getting ready to move from Utah to Wyoming to be close to my family. Meri, Janelle, and I had spent some time together and gotten to know one another even better. In fact, Meri and I were even renting Janelle’s old house for a while. I wanted to see Janelle once more before we moved away, so I invited her to lunch with me. Technically, it’s inappropriate for a married man to have lunch alone with another woman. But Janelle and I were friends. There was no thought of courting, so lunch was purely platonic.
But during that lunch, that same thought that I’d had a few months earlier in Janelle’s office crossed my mind—there was something between Janelle and me. I was a married man, so I had to be careful with my words. I tried to be as offhand as possible when I said to Janelle, “Maybe you and I should consider you and me.”

Excerpt From: Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn Brown. “Becoming Sister Wives.” iBooks. 

We all know that this is heavily edited.  There's not a one of them that understands when to use "I" or "me" correctly in their everyday language.  They all constantly says things like, "It was an important day for he/she and I."  They mangle the English language.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I love this part. The only part of that statement that is no longer true is the "young" part. He's still an arrogant, narcissistic asshole.

Bravo, MrSmith!  

That was a shitty thing to do (getting "married" on Meri's b-day), I have to agree.  I myself would put more blame on Kody, though, for that one.  Horndog horses' ass.

• Love 4
On 6/3/2017 at 8:12 AM, wings707 said:

This episode is on TLCGo, BTW.  If you want to see a batch of pissed off wives, check it out.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, toodles said:

This episode is on TLCGo, BTW.  If you want to see a batch of pissed off wives, check it out.

Any info on season and episode?  Might be hard to find otherwise.  

• Love 2

Any info on season and episode?  Might be hard to find otherwise.  

I watched it last week.  It was a special and it popped right up when I checked sister wives.  Check season one if you can't find it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, toodles said:

I watched it last week.  It was a special and it popped right up when I checked sister wives.  Check season one if you can't find it.

Sister Wives Tell All?  That came up first.  Seems way to far in the future for what I thought.  I have seen these. 

7 minutes ago, toodles said:

Season one?  Robin did not show up until season 7!

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Sister Wives Tell All?  That came up first.  Seems way to far in the future for what I thought.  I have seen these. 

Click on sister wives.  Season 11 comes up first.  There is a drop down box at the top.  Click on that and bring up season one. The honeymoon special is the first one.

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

No one has episodes online back as far as season 7 when Robin came onboard. 

You need to download the tlcgo app.  It's there.  I just saw it five minutes ago.

No drop down box.  Can you post the link, for me, please?

Just now, toodles said:

You need to download the tlcgo app.  It's there.  I just saw it five minutes ago.

I am on my laptop, don't need an app. 

No one has episodes online back as far as season 7 when Robin came onboard. 

Not quite sure what you mean by this, but Robin has been there since the very first episode of Season 1.

If you have a hard time finding video online, you can also visit Sister Wives Blog for reviews starting in 2011. Cynical Jinx then left and started her blog at Cynical Jinx's Living Room. She has reviews going back to Season 3.

• Love 3