Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think you can get leggings or a baseball style tee with the Killer Klown print. Please tuck your kids in at night wearing these. I swear it looks like balloons in one hand and a knife in the other. 

This blows the whale print and Dobby chihuahua elf being birthed surrounded by snakes print out of the water. 

Does a sadist design these prints?  I mean seriously.  This just creeps me out.  The Dobby print was bad, but let me chime in with everyone else with a big, fat WTF.

• Love 6

Well, since I'm apparently in defense mode, why does everyone hate Kody so much?

He's not my dream date by any means. This would never be my cup of tea. I need too much attention and my very own snuggle buddy. But he didn't invent polygamy. His wives all wanted him and chose his company. He didn't brainwash any of them.

However, imagine what hell his life must be. He married Meri when they were both young and starry eyed. She turned out to be a quicksand of need. He married Janelle, who he didn't love. He needed a second wife, and she needed a soft place to fall. She was invested and interested enough to convert. Meri made her life hell. Next came Christine. We all know she wanted him like crazy and he barely tolerated her affections. It was basically an arranged marriage. So now he's dealing with Meri's neediness, Christine's jealousies, and Janelle's withdrawal. Some fun! Let's add more! Welcome Robyn.

I do not envy him for a minute. Sure, it sucks to be a sister wife. But imagine the horror of being the repository of each wife's and ire and frustrations. It must be constantly putting out fires. In a normal home, you deal with issues as they arise. In their situation, each time he walks in the door, he's hit with the week's accumulation of complaints. When everyone gets sorted out and settled down, it's off to the next. I know everybody hates him. But really, he is just a rather dim cog in a bigger wheel.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Well, since I'm apparently in defense mode, why does everyone hate Kody so much?

He's not my dream date by any means. This would never be my cup of tea. I need too much attention and my very own snuggle buddy. But he didn't invent polygamy. His wives all wanted him and chose his company. He didn't brainwash any of them.

However, imagine what hell his life must be. He married Meri when they were both young and starry eyed. She turned out to be a quicksand of need. He married Janelle, who he didn't love. He needed a second wife, and she needed a soft place to fall. She was invested and interested enough to convert. Meri made her life hell. Next came Christine. We all know she wanted him like crazy and he barely tolerated her affections. It was basically an arranged marriage. So now he's dealing with Meri's neediness, Christine's jealousies, and Janelle's withdrawal. Some fun! Let's add more! Welcome Robyn.

I do not envy him for a minute. Sure, it sucks to be a sister wife. But imagine the horror of being the repository of each wife's and ire and frustrations. It must be constantly putting out fires. In a normal home, you deal with issues as they arise. In their situation, each time he walks in the door, he's hit with the week's accumulation of complaints. When everyone gets sorted out and settled down, it's off to the next. I know everybody hates him. But really, he is just a rather dim cog in a bigger wheel.

I don't think you can single out one person as The Bad Guy. They all have their issues and contribute to the problem, as does their whole culture and religion in general. I agree Kody didn't brainwash any of them, and I really don't recall seeing him play one wife against another, like some of these other polygamous men do.

What I do see from Kody is a narcissist who cares about no one but himself. His only concern with the people he says he loves, is how they affect his happiness. There are many times where he could step in and make a decision to calm bad situations down, but instead, he runs. If he's the God ordained head of the household and responsible for everyone's spiritual well being, he needs to man up and say "Meri, stop provoking Janelle by disagreeing with every single thing she does. Janelle, speak up and actually tell Meri when she bugs you. Christine, I actually see you as a person and not a bargaining chip. Robyn, you have been the catalyst (and I fired the spark) for 75% of the discontent. Everybody, I want Robyn to be the HBIC, so deal with it."

All of these women choose to be there. All of them chose Kody. Sad that he's the shiniest turd in the shitpile of their culture, but they are all enamored with him and choose to be there. 

• Love 15

But imagine the horror of being the repository of each wife's and ire and frustrations. It must be constantly putting out fires. In a normal home, you deal with issues as they arise. In their situation, each time he walks in the door, he's hit with the week's accumulation of complaints. When everyone gets sorted out and settled down, it's off to the next. I know everybody hates him. But really, he is just a rather dim cog in a bigger wheel.

I don't believe he is a repository of wifely emotions.  He has put on camera that he holds no responsibility for the emotional well being of his wives.  I found the Collier polygamy guy creepy to no end...B U T...that man said one thing that really stuck with me. That if one of his wives was feeling jealous, then that meant to him that he was doing something wrong.  He needed to step up and be sure his wives were content.  Kody has said over and over that "he doesn't want to be there" when his wives show and have emotions, especially negative emotions.  When one wife is difficult he can simply skip away and go have his endless needs for "fun" met with another wife. Just recently in the "therapy" with Meri he stated that polygamy was a great way for him and Meri to hide their issues because he could get away and she could have her own autonomy, so neither really had to deal with it. 

Kody loves metaphors....his family is like an Organ Grinder.  He is the one looking like he runs the show, the audience only sees him cranking the handle and smiling and showing off with the music playing.  However the wives and children are locked inside the box making everything work seamlessly, working long hours and making sure everything runs smoothly so that Kody can get all the attention and only has to listen to the lovely music...when in essence it's difficult and dirty work to make the whole thing come together.  He could care less about the hard work, he's just cranking the handle, dancing to the music and basking in all the attention.

• Love 12

But imagine the horror of being the repository of each wife's and ire and frustrations.

He's the one who decided that banging as many women as possible was a religious experience.  He had no emotional attachment to any of them so distanced himself from conflicts since his only interest is the sex.  He deserves all of the horror he gets.  The Organ Grinder metaphor is spot on.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Boo fucking hoo. Whatever difficulties Kody faces by being in simultaneous relationships, well, them's the breaks. He's living the exact lifestyle he signed on for, under the strictures of a religious ideal that values patriarchy and subjugation of females (no matter what high-flown bullshit they spout about the glories of womanhood). Plural marriage is a narcissist's dream, and we've all watched him strutting around like a tool, shaking his hair and announcing to all and sundry (even when no one asked or gave a frig), "I AM KODY! I HAVE FOUR WIVES! AREN'T YOU IMPRESSED WITH MY MANLY PROWESS?" In a fairly recent episode of tee-vee counseling, Meri and Kody both admitted that polygamy has long provided a way for them to avoid dealing with their marriage troubles because there are all those other wives he can turn to for distraction and recreation.

The lifestyle is bound to set the women in competition with each other, because NONE of them is getting her relationship needs met. Kody, on the other hand, can turn tail and head off to a different woman whenever the going gets rough. Viewers have repeatedly seen him do this on camera, and he's explicitly stated that a wife's emotional life is HER business--not his.

Kody's life a hell? Not even close. Kody's life complicated by the emotional trainwreck he's authored? Yes--and he earned it. No sympathy or empathy here for that beady-eyed douche canoe.

Edited by SometimesBites
Misspelling should be intentional, not accidental.
  • Love 14
On 2/2/2017 at 3:14 PM, Lsk02 said:

I hate even admitting it here, but I've bought from several LLR consultants (NOT Meri, I will not join her group and I don't watch stupid live sales), and paid shipping for all, except local consultants who offer door pickups. I haven't run into any who have free shipping. 

I found a group last week! Multi-consultant group - free shipping.  I was bored so I went looking for a Randy I was wanting.. found it twice... saw one consultant was in a state that doesn't charge tax on clothes so I got it with free shipping and no tax - super score! (which is not the way they're suppose to charge tax but I'll use it to my advantage until they get it figured out)

On 2/8/2017 at 11:29 AM, gonecrackers said:

I've never watched her. But this is what my hair stylist was saying about her sister's LLR business. It's really a FT job for her & she does have to keep a lot of inventory which takes room in her house.

Every consultant's house I've been to has a room dedicated to this stuff, and usually it's people who have newer and nicer houses (because you can't afford this crap if your middle class) so the formal dining room is generally the Lularoe room.  Meri needs to put that crap up in her spare rooms.
 I saw some consultant I have bought from basically just out of the blue say she was giving it up because it was taking over her life and she needed to evaluate what she wanted to do. I give consultants kudos for what they do because if they want to be good at it, it takes A LOT of work.  I have an etsy business and I do pretty well but honestly I kinda suck at marketing and promoting my items so I could probably be doing a lot better lol 

22 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Is that Maddie in the background?

Guess they moved in?  Thought she would live with her mother. 

I was wondering the same when people kept mentioning Maddie - why is she not in Wyoming? 

Also there are currently probably hundreds of LLR consultants on a free cruise right now.  I know of at least 5-7 that I have done business with. The entire cruise ship has been branded with LLR stuff so you know someone is making some good money....... (does anyone know if Meri is on a cruise right now?)

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 1

Meri's at home right now.   (note - those cruises are never really "Free" btw - there's always strings attached to an MLM cruise)

Yes Maddie is there helping her. She's an admin on Meri's FB group and posts the album sales/responds to customers. Im guessing that Maddie and her hubby are living with Meri since she has all that room.

Meri is planning a trip to Arizona for pop-ups this weekend. On Sunday and Monday. I assume she's also going to that march or whatever it is for polygamy freedom tomorrow in Utah since Kody proclaimed that the Brown Family will be there. 

I guess she decided to keep her LLCrap in the living room so she didn't have to bother hauling it up and down the stairs. 

Besides it's not like she's entertaining or anything. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri is planning a trip to Arizona for pop-ups this weekend.

Meri must be doing well.  Wonder if she splits her income with the other 3 wives --- like Janelle had to do for 15 years?

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Well, since I'm apparently in defense mode, why does everyone hate Kody so much?.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

67601123.jpg

• Love 6

I feel like Kody is a controlling jerk.  I was in a relationship with someone like that for 8 years.  Everyone who didn't know him loved him, super charming narcissist.  

Behind closed doors, I bet Kody is the same as my ex.  Emotionally abusive.  Distant.  The way he looks when one of the wives jokes about him raises my hackles.  He gets really still and stares.  You bet that wife will pay emotionally forever for whatever she said. 

Scarily familiar.  

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, okerry said:

Mods, I'll make a request to take LulaRoe talk and images to the small talk board on the grounds that I can't take it anymore lol.

But that's all Meri does at the moment! 

You mean discuss Meri's sales and stuff here but keep weird patterns and discussions about the clothes and business model to the chat thread? 

10 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

Meri is the one who is all about LLR. It seems natural to talk about that around the wet bar. Especially with the show not currently running & no other "urgent" Meri  matters to discuss.

The only other pan on her  fire is the Catfish.

I left the group but dare you to ask her if she has any Catfish leggings. I'm sure they make some. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I left the group but dare you to ask her if she has any Catfish leggings. I'm sure they make some. 

I'll  ask for sure! 

I just have to be "approved" to join her group.

Maybe I will start crying my eyes out  & tell Meri that my sons  don't want anything for Christmas other than me being accepted  "in" her group... & my youngest son is  glaring  at the screen  until it happens. ?

• Love 8
Just now, Sista Snarky said:

I'll  ask for sure! 

I just have to be "approved" to join her group.

Maybe I will start crying my eyes out  & tell Meri that my sons  don't want anything for Christmas other than me being accepted  "in" her group... & my youngest son is  glaring  at the screen  until it happens. ?

Haha you just click the add me button and then they add you. She does have a disclaimer that says she will not speak about her family or answer questions on her business page.

14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Haha you just click the add me button and then they add you. She does have a disclaimer that says she will not speak about her family or answer questions on her business page.

Of course she won't answer them.  Maddie doesn't know the answers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't understand why she doesn't just add everyone. 

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't understand why she doesn't just add everyone. 

I was under the impression she did. You may have to wait a few minutes until someone is on facebook to approve the add, but I don't think she screens.

I mean I didn't have to sign an oath of allegience or provide a birth certificate or anything.

• Love 2

Whew... the validity my original Birth Certificate is a little shaky. 

If Meri reads various sites I don't know if being Snarky would earn me a golden ticket either. ?

I could write an nice essay. I'd need help tho...since I don't wear leggings or... anything modest. 

Who wants to help me with a  nice & enthusiastic script?

That's not my strong suit. 

• Love 2
On 2/9/2017 at 10:44 AM, Readalot said:

wtf am I looking at?!?  Anti-humanity leggings? For when you DONT want any human contact?

Those leggings would keep my sister-in-law at bay. Probably make her run away screaming. LOL

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I was under the impression she did. You may have to wait a few minutes until someone is on facebook to approve the add, but I don't think she screens.

I mean I didn't have to sign an oath of allegience or provide a birth certificate or anything.

I have several online acquaintances who have been waiting for weeks to be added to Meri's group.  At least one just recently gave up and took her request down.

4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have several online acquaintances who have been waiting for weeks to be added to Meri's group.  At least one just recently gave up and took her request down.

Well, after all,  Maddie needs plenty of downtime for her loud sex.  And sorting the inventory.  Meri is too busy layering on ugly pieces of cheap stuff for pictures.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

That's so crazy considering she opened an account to sell.  I know she freaked out about some other alleged  Meri Brown FB account. I don't know what she expects. All she'd have to do is focus on selling & block anyone that says they're falling madly in love with her. ?

There are so many LuLaRoe Lovers out there. Maybe they are the only new  people allowed in at this point. 

I want to watch her crazy LLR FB  show...but I don't have it in me to become...LuLaRoe Snarky. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
34 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

That's so crazy considering she opened an account to sell.  I know she freaked out about some other alleged  Meri Brown FB account. I don't know what she expects. All she'd have to do is focus on selling & block anyone that says they're falling madly in love with her. ?

There are so many LuLaRoe Lovers out there. Maybe they are the only new  people allowed in at this point. 

I want to watch her crazy LLR FB  show...but I don't have it in me to become...LuLaRoe Snarky. 

Yeah she freaked out about some alleged fake site. I knew that was complete and utter bullshit - I had my identity stolen on Facebook a year ago, one of my friends reported it and it was investigated and the account shut down within 15-20 MINUTES on a Saturday morning yet.  Meri just wanted attention IMO. 

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah she freaked out about some alleged fake site. I knew that was complete and utter bullshit - I had my identity stolen on Facebook a year ago, one of my friends reported it and it was investigated and the account shut down within 15-20 MINUTES on a Saturday morning yet.  Meri just wanted attention IMO. 

I agree...that was a bunch of bulldinkie. 

In the time it took her to run around warning people to beware...the situation could have been resolved by FB ten times over. 

I'm sure she had a case of  poor Meri & knew plenty of people would join in her poor poor Meri song. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, Kohola3 said:

Well, after all,  Maddie needs plenty of downtime for her loud sex.

Wait. What?

When did this become a thing? We don't like Maddie now?  She turned out surprisingly normal considering.

Wait. What?

When did this become a thing? We don't like Maddie now?  She turned out surprisingly normal considering.

I agree, nifty kid.  I like both of them a lot.  

I wonder how Janelle feels about her daughter helping Meri.  Just because she was there helping with some inventory doesn't mean they have moved in.  Caleb has a job in that NW state (forget which one).  

I hope this is okay to ask, but here goes.  Every now and then I peek at the Bat-Weirdo site.  It says there was an interview with a radio station a few days ago and pictures were added to the "book" of both of them with the other woman.  Does anyone know what the basis of this is? Has anyone actually seen these magical, mythical photos?  I have to think it's another scam but just wondered because occasionally I believe in fairy tales.  Don't know why any media outlet would put  Meri or anything about her on television with so many other things going on in the world. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

Don't know why any media outlet would put  Meri or anything about her on television with so many other things going on in the world. 

I think its because there are so many other things going on in the world.

Wait. What?

From another thread...

They were so obnoxious last week. If Janelle didn't give up her Yurt for Maddie & Caleb to have sex because they have to let everyone listening that they NEED TO HAVE sex..

And in other threads it has been noted that apparently Caleb and Maddie have hitched their caboose to the Brown Clown Gravy Train and are now in Vegas with the rest of the merry band of grifters.  Quelle surprise.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

They were so obnoxious last week. If Janelle didn't give up her Yurt for Maddie & Caleb to have sex because they have to let everyone listening that they NEED TO HAVE sex..

That's just someone's opinion. Sounds a little judgy to me. Lord knows my 19 year old self could never have withstood such scrutiny.  Maddie is a good kid. She goes to college, doesn't get into trouble, no drama.

They are newlyweds.  They genuinely seem happy and in love. It's refreshing to see something positive. Who cares if they are in Vegas? Maybe she just wants to be around family now. Maybe the film crew doesn't want to travel to wherever they live.

Maybe the producers asked her to be around more. Babies bring ratings.  I just don't have the animosity you seem to. She's a kid. She's grown up on the show. She's enjoying her new husband. Maybe she enjoyed embarrassing her parents. Maybe they were playing around, exaggerating. Despite the four wives, dad is such a misinformed prude. You'd think that after 18 kids he'd understand biology a little better. Listening to him talk about kissing is cringe worthy. It must be fun to watch him squirm.

And financially. I'm sure she gets a bigger paycheck now that she's a more prominent story line. It's probably a nice nest egg for a new family. I don't begrudge her that.

• Love 4

Respectfully, since they put themselves on TV, they pretty much give the public the right to judge, criticize, and voice our opinions. In fact, they're banking on it, since if it wasn't for the snark audience the show probably would have been cancelled years ago.

Maddie's an adult (without checking I think she's close to 21 years old) and no longer a child so if she's going to make remarks about having loud sex then I'm sure she's fully prepared to suffer the consequences.  

Just my two cents.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

if she's going to make remarks about having loud sex then I'm sure she's fully prepared to suffer the consequences.  

But I don't think Maddie herself made any such remark. It was someone's opinion from another thread that she NEEDED to have loud sex. If she did say it, or something like it, I'm sure it was a joke or taken out of context. In fact, I remember Janelle saying that she wanted to give her Yurt to Maddie and Caleb. There was nothing off or unsavory about it. I would watch it again to see, but no.

I totally agree that the adults are fair game. The kids though, eh. Even if she is an adult now, they made the choice for her to participate when she was a child.

To me, this is stretching to find some reason to dislike her.

I just think we've run out of things to talk about!

• Love 4

Maddie talked big game about have educational and independence goals -- but she and her husband are no different than Duggar daughters and their spouses.  Dropped everything to be famewhores in Vegas. She doesn't go to school. He's not working. They're just reality stars now. 

She's also listing ugly tops and horrific stretch pants for the woman who terrorized her mother for a decade.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

She's also listing ugly tops and horrific stretch pants for the woman who terrorized her mother for a decade.

The same woman who was a big help at her wedding.

4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Dropped everything to be famewhores in Vegas. She doesn't go to school. He's not working. They're just reality stars now. 

The show hasn't been on for a while. How do we know she's not in school? How do we know he's not working? She can be taking classes on line.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

The same woman who was a big help at her wedding.

The show hasn't been on for a while. How do we know she's not in school? How do we know he's not working? She can be taking classes on line.

Yea right and I have the rights to sell the Moon and the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Maddie is the one who announced to the entire family, including the young kids, that she and her husband needed to have loud sex. She was crass and inappropriate. The second sentence is my opinion, but the first is what she actually did.

She's  not a kid and she has jumped feet first into the TLC filming game. 

Also, these people live their lives on social media. I don't follow any of them, but that's how we know she isn't in school and he isn't working for the State as a pipeliner or whatever, because they are living in Las Vegas.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Hockeymom said:

I love bitching about Meri, but taking pot shots at a kid is lame. And she is just a kid.

I have to respectfully disagree.  She's not a kid, she's a married woman who feels it appropriate to announce in front of children (and the viewing public) details of her sex life.  

She is apparently following the Brown Clown financial plan of living off of teevee funds until such time as the show is cancelled and she can go on welfare or declare bankruptcy.  She isn't in college and he quit his job to move to Vegas. Advertising all of this on national television makes her fair game for criticism just like her grifting parents.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Maddie is the one who announced to the entire family, including the young kids, that she and her husband needed to have loud sex. She was crass and inappropriate. 

This is the way I remember it, too. They had been assigned a room in the big lodge and this was the argument that Maddie used to get a private building.  I'm no prude, but I cringed when she said it. She's no sweet little reserved spiritual sacred holy whatever else they claim to be.

8 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

That's just someone's opinion. Sounds a little judgy to me. Lord knows my 19 year old self could never have withstood such scrutiny.  Maddie is a good kid. She goes to college, doesn't get into trouble, no drama.

They are newlyweds.  They genuinely seem happy and in love. It's refreshing to see something positive. Who cares if they are in Vegas? Maybe she just wants to be around family now. Maybe the film crew doesn't want to travel to wherever they live.

Maybe the producers asked her to be around more. Babies bring ratings.  I just don't have the animosity you seem to. She's a kid. She's grown up on the show. She's enjoying her new husband. Maybe she enjoyed embarrassing her parents. Maybe they were playing around, exaggerating. Despite the four wives, dad is such a misinformed prude. You'd think that after 18 kids he'd understand biology a little better. Listening to him talk about kissing is cringe worthy. It must be fun to watch him squirm.

And financially. I'm sure she gets a bigger paycheck now that she's a more prominent story line. It's probably a nice nest egg for a new family. I don't begrudge her that.

That happened to be my statement & I'm certainly not judgy.  

When the topic of room/yurt assignments came up (with Paedon & Janelle getting Yurts) Maddie said "Well...I sure hope these walls are thick...wait I don't want to say that in front of my parents"

I do happen to think that common courtesy means go have all the newlywed sex without  voicing those expectations to various family members with a sense of entitlement. 

I think it was very rude of them both to expect a Yurt just because...when Paedon would have been put out...if Janelle didn't give up her Yurt.

It's perfectly fine to be in the honeymoon phase...

As married  mature adults...they could have made their own arrangements in a mature manner & if it was production driven...find a way to do it without putting  a very tall brother on the spot.

As far as likes & opinions we all have them as individuals. 

I don't dislike Maddie. I just believe Maddie  & Caleb seem to be gravitating to the lazy ass ways of the rest of the Brown family adults...instead of working & being self-sufficient adults & soon to be new parents. 

Being eager clowns in the Brown family circus instead of working & going to school like Logan...is risky business. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 18