Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Holy cow, that is one incredibly unflattering picture!  I can't believe she posted that!

What I find more interesting is that she didn’t post some “stay strong” word vomit after Christine said she wouldn’t want what Meri and Kody have.

Except for her die-hard followers, fans are tired of her constant BS and cryptic posts. She must be beside herself that Christine is getting so much attention. I wonder if the show is going to move away from including her much at all, except to make her look like a chump with no guts.

Viewers are bored of her inaction and her storyline has gone from stale bread to full-on moldy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I wonder if the show is going to move away from including her much at all, except to make her look like a chump with no guts.

It was refreshing to hear Christine clearly & calmly say what she felt and thought.  In old Meri episodes there'd be a long buildup and then Meri would "put up her walls" (even with Nancy-the-'therapist') and shut up or walk out. Not productive and not at all interesting for viewers.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

It was refreshing to hear Christine clearly & calmly say what she felt and thought.  In old Meri episodes there'd be a long buildup and then Meri would "put up her walls" (even with Nancy-the-'therapist') and shut up or walk out. Not productive and not at all interesting for viewers.

I think the clear difference is that Meri is still selfish and Christine has had a lifetime of selflessness.

My personal opinion is that Christine has had a remarkable amount of personal growth in the course of the show's timeline.

• Applause 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I think the clear difference is that Meri is still selfish and Christine has had a lifetime of selflessness.

My personal opinion is that Christine has had a remarkable amount of personal growth in the course of the show's timeline.

This 100%. The one thing I feel that Meri needed to do was honest self-reflection and to hear what others needed to say to her — without shutting them down or running away (“walls”). It’s like she hasn’t fully processed the last 12 years. Christine has. 

All Meri does is run away and sweep stuff under the rug, hoping that sharing fancy-worded social media posts will make her look “resilient” and “strong”.

It’s not working anymore, Meri. 

• Applause 13

Meri and Robyn are IMO the two most selfish of the wives, but I don't think any of them are selfless. The roles they took earlier in their marriage fit their personalities and skill sets at the time. One could argue Janelle is, or was, the most generous, Meri the control freak queen bitch and Christine a mix of the peppy cheerleader and woe-is-me martyr.

I agree Christine's self-growth is pretty amazing. I also agree Meri's lack (or denial) of insight is pretty amazing too.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I'm not sure you can call Christine selfless. She allowed Kootie to mistreat her children for years and did nothing to stop it.  Truley ended up in the hospital in renal failure and Christine went the "keep sweet" route.  Then he refused to initially allow Ysabel's surgery and insisted on the quack who "treated" her with PVC pipe.  When that didn't cure her he berated Ysabel for not working hard enough and not a word from Christine.  When he finally agreed (reluctantly) to the surgery, he said she'd have to fly across the country alone. Christine finally put her foot down (after begging strangers to pay for it) but then went right back to "lover" afterward.

I don't find her the saint that most people do. She was complicit in the lack of attention to her adult children (all gone now) for their entire lives.  The best thing for Truley is to be far away from him now that Christine has finally grown a spine albeit 25 years too late.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

46903BC5-8C4C-46F7-A087-8E9DC437E150.jpeg

That all ya got Meri? 🙄 🥱 

I don’t understand the fascination with Disneyland. I’ve been when we lived in Vegas and all it was, the entire weekend, was fighting crowds and standing in line. It. Sucked.

I prefer to have my feet by the ocean — no lines, no crowds and no dangerous fireballs triggering my PTSD. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Had to remove a double post.
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand the fascination with Disneyland.

On my long list of places I want to see in the US, Disneyland is, well, not even ON the list for all of the reasons you mentioned.  Had a passing glance at Disneyworld once and it sent me fleeing in the opposite direction.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand the fascination with Disneyland. I’ve been when we lived in Vegas and all it was, the entire weekend, was fighting crowds and standing in line. It. Sucked.

I prefer to have my feet by the ocean — no lines, no crowds and no dangerous fireballs triggering my PTSD. 

Me too!  Long lines are a huge drag, and I have very little patience with waiting in longer lines than I see at the grocery store.  The cost is a turnoff too, and overall, not worth it to me.  My idea of bliss is being on the ocean shore, hands down.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't get it either! I live walking distance to one of the best surf beaches on the west coast and despite not being a huge beach person, I would 100% rather be toes in the sand than anywhere near Disneyland. Disneyland could move into my backyard, and I'd move cities.

I love the subtle "not like other girls" shade here, when Making Disney Your Entire Personality is completely, totally, 100% a basic white girl thing. Sorry you don't have any real hobbies, Meri, only media that you consume.

• Love 10

Eh, Meri liking Disney isn't far of the norm for many adults. Not me, we did Disney (FL) three times when the kids were, well, kids. I'm glad I've been and did enjoy it, but the crowds are just too much for me now.

If Meri is a true Disney fan, good for her that she's able to go and enjoy it. But... I kind of feel she's jumping on someone else's Disney wagon and could really give a shit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Wow Mer. Thanks for the beever shot. 🤢.  

I don't check Meri's Wet Bar thread often. Maybe I'll wait another 2 months or so. Eyes bleeding.

I believe that the splash of water qualifies that as a modesty beever shot. 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I think Disneyland is a perfect match for Meri 

It’s a huge corporate fairytale. , the happiest place on earth 🙄 full of over priced memorabilia, knickknacks, clothing and everything else they can place their name or logo on.

it kind of reminds me of Lularot… another corporate fairytale selling over priced cheaply made clothing to idiots who think it’s stylish.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Well, Disneyland is a completely over the top and heavily edited depiction of reality. You have Disney world and the real world which is nothing alike. So yes, they are a proper fit. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It’s a huge corporate fairytale. , the happiest place on earth 🙄 full of over priced memorabilia, knickknacks, clothing and everything else they can place their name or logo on.

it kind of reminds me of Lularot… another corporate fairytale selling over priced cheaply made clothing to idiots who think it’s stylish.

45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Well, Disneyland is a completely over the top and heavily edited depiction of reality. You have Disney world and the real world which is nothing alike. So yes, they are a proper fit. 

All of this!! Disney is also super annoying and full of itself. Yeah, it’s a perfect fit for Meri.

I don’t think she has anything useful in her arsenal to compete with Christine actually DOING something about her situation. “Lookit me, I’m at Disney” is all she’s got. Meanwhile, Christine is building a better life for herself away from the manipulative monster Kody. 

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

All of this!! Disney is also super annoying and full of itself. Yeah, it’s a perfect fit for Meri.

I don’t think she has anything useful in her arsenal to compete with Christine actually DOING something about her situation. “Lookit me, I’m at Disney” is all she’s got. Meanwhile, Christine is building a better life for herself away from the manipulative monster Kody. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

431C0318-AC4E-41B2-8345-817112CDFCAC.jpeg

Oh my goodness. First and fourth sentence are great advice. Second and third are kind of messed up. I get judging others happens and I get hurting others happens, but the second and third sentences sound more like a plan/excuse to attack rather than a pause of reflection prior to an action.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

431C0318-AC4E-41B2-8345-817112CDFCAC.jpeg

The absurdity of it all! 

As If anyone would pay attention to life lessons from Meri Brown.  Despite the facade she presents, she is little more than a scared puppy whimpering in the corner for a crumb of affection.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

They aren't even Meri's insights or photos, she borrows them from other peoples' positive outlook quote sites. What is bizarre is that they seem to be aimed at her "haters" on SM, yet many describe behaviours that she needs to work on.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
56 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They aren't even Meri's insights or photos, she borrows them from other peoples' positive outlook quote sites. What is bizarre is that they seem to be aimed at her "haters" on SM, yet many describe behaviours that she needs to work on.

Exactly… Meri needs to stfu until she starts practicing what she preaches 🙄

• Like 5
  • Love 3

It looks like the same haystack with the crude part on the other side, and one eyebrow has a little nick in it, as does the other eye's under liner. Not flaming hot.

Edited by deirdra
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Um, isn't that the same style only combed the other way?

Plus I am fixated on her Barbie doll face. I mean, seriously Mer?

😂😂😂 I thought the same thing and ya her filtering is out of control… what a putz!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

FB81D90D-E891-4290-9BDC-B1CA146102F5.jpeg

5DE492DD-F748-41B4-BCCD-393AF2103F14.jpeg

6D522CE7-BB8A-4F00-A871-75CC2B14B77F.jpeg

Changing your hair does not change your life, Meri. Ffs. It might change the selfies you take, or the amount of conditioner you use trying to weight down the frazzled dry ends. Oh, and Meri? Screen shot this- LulaRoe is NOT Coco Chanel. You are not haute couture. Seriously.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Sp
  • Love 8

Fantasy VS Reality…

5A4EC285-95A1-4E83-86BD-03F4AA558A05.jpeg

854519BC-7720-48D0-B0ED-53E252A18314.jpeg

I think it’s hilarious how every time Meri takes a pic of herself she filters it to make herself look like she’s 30, with healthy shining hair and NO WRINKLES!

but then the very same day she’ll record a video and we get to see the REAL Meri 😳

Maybe she doesn’t know we can take screenshots of her videos. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All jokes aside, I wonder if Meri is hinting she left Kody. Not something I would predict, but I think something is up.

Hope you are right GeeGolly. I'm jaded, I think she's got some new Rice Krispy recipe or a new product to shill.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Um, isn't that the same style only combed the other way?

Plus I am fixated on her Barbie doll face. I mean, seriously Mer?

Looks the same except maybe a different toner used. 

But that damn fire emoji — exaggerate much? FFS. 🙄 

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All jokes aside, I wonder if Meri is hinting she left Kody. Not something I would predict, but I think something is up.

If that the case, it would be awesome if she’d speak plainly, like Christine did. “Hey, my life was terrible so I finally left Kody” versus “here’s some cryptic memes have fun”.

I hope she has (or is planning to). I’ll be the first to applaud, but I’ve kinda given up on her — I’ll believe it when I see it. Maybe, though, watching this season so far has turned that lightbulb on inside her head that her relationship with Kody is not only gone, but that she’s being manipulated by Robyn.

i don’t know if Meri is emotionally ready to stand on her own like Christine was  — Christine was literally at the end of her rope. 

6 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Changing your hair does not change your life, Meri. Ffs. It might change the selfies you take, or the amount of conditioner you use trying to weight down the frazzled dry ends. Oh, and Meri? Screen shot this- LulaRoe is NOT Coco Chanel. You are not haute couture. Seriously.

THIS you took the words right out of my mouth, as someone who appreciates fashion (but can only afford it second hand). Meri and her LuLaRip comparing herself to Chanel? 

Meri is so incredibly delusional (which is why I think she’s gonna have a problem leaving). Ya know, we always thought Christine had the rose colored glasses — I think Meri has her beat. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

I've cut my hair (6-18"!) when changing my life, but you actually need to change your life. Cutting your hair doesn't make it happen.  Shaving her head might make it grow in healthier; the filter isn't hiding how damaged it is.

Apparently nobody ever told Meri that you put fire emojis on other people's photos, not your own

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

"....not self-pity"?  Mer, you are the one with the self retracting walls that roll up and down every time anyone looks at you cross-eyed. 

And apparently you do listen to the random opinions of others, otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time blocking them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D6D2419A-7E69-4DC6-BEE8-8FE1238F1077.jpeg

What. A. Bunch. Of. BS. The irony of ALL of this. 

Filtering your photos isn’t “self esteem”, Meri. Your style of bragging and gloating indicates the opposite of self esteem — you are desperate for attention, especially now that Christine has overshadowed you.

It’s not “random opinions” from people, Meri — it’s people who have observed you and your social media presence for over a decade. People who have watched you build “walls”, make excuses and have temper tantrums when things didn’t go your way. 

You *are* manipulated, Meri — by Robyn.

And lastly, you can’t even express your own thoughts without being cryptic or using someone else’s words. 

• Applause 9
  • Love 4