Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I just cannot envision Leon as a parent. I just can’t, simply because of Leon’s character, outlook on life and self-centred attitude. 

As for pregnancy and transitioning: Hormones are nasty little buggers and everything needs to be balanced right in order to conceive at all. Therefore, I assume that any hormone treatment will have huge  consequences for any future pregnancies. I suppose you could have a breast removal as women are in no way obliged to breastfeed.
We had this reality show about a gay couple where one lady could not have kids biologically and the other wanted to transition as male. They wanted to be parents, so the trans partner agreed to become pregnant and put off any physical changes, including hormones until after a pregnancy to limit any possible complications. This lady also specifically said she would be referred to as a woman until she started the actual process and then changed both name and pronouns to male. It all went well. They now have a son and lead a happy life as husband and wife.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Well, if Audrey is taking hormones to transition, I can't imagine that would be a good environment for a developing baby. If they want 2, than Leon is going to have to change their mind.

(Hope I got that pronoun right...)

Maybe they’ll adopt or get a surrogate…hopefully Robyn will not try to offer up her uterus again although she’s getting older.  I guess for now it’s important to get themselves settled, that’s if they haven’t changed their minds about having kids.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, jacourt said:

These procedures are all very expensive. How do they have the money ?  Surrogacy and IVF also cost a lot. Where is it coming from? 

If this is what Leo and Audrey want, Meri will find a way to cover it, especially if it would involve harvesting the egg from Leo.  Meri would want nothing more than to see her gene pool perpetuated.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Isn't that the same as a mastectomy?

I’m assuming since the goal of top surgery is to create a more masculine chest, it has a different name? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have had a double mastectomy ( at 63 y) w/out reconstruction. I am kind of a skinny minny so  my results aren't as smooth as hers look like, but mine was a medical necessity not a cosmetic surgery. I assume that for Audrey's surgery the goal was somewhat different and way more cosmetic than mine.

I am happy to still be alive w/out chemo or radiation and if I don't have a smooth chest, God bless it! Rather be alive!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, GeeGolly said:

Have Leon and Audrey said they don't want children? I wouldn't rule out Leon having a kid or two.

They haven’t (yet) Leon actually said a few years ago that they wanted kids but that Audrey had to be the one to carry them. We’ve got no idea if these ideas have changed but we merely speculated on how hormone treatment may affect a possible pregnancy as Audrey has started hormone treatment, I think.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, LilyD said:

They haven’t (yet) Leon actually said a few years ago that they wanted kids but that Audrey had to be the one to carry them. We’ve got no idea if these ideas have changed but we merely speculated on how hormone treatment may affect a possible pregnancy as Audrey has started hormone treatment, I think.

If either or both have kept their birthing parts, they would have to go off treatment for the duration of the pregnancy.

• Useful 4
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Hmm…. This reminds me of a certain someone….

527F702F-6B61-4F44-AD88-5EF1F2E71B5F.jpeg

I *just* saw this on SM. Yes it definitely reminds us of a certain someone. Meri on the show versus how she filters herself are 2 completely different people!

image.jpeg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 16
58 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I *just* saw this on SM. Yes it definitely reminds us of a certain someone. Meri on the show versus how she filters herself are 2 completely different people!

image.jpeg

I wonder what goes through her head as she is busy with the filters.  Does she really think she's fooling anyone? 

Her followers must watch the show, that's where she drew her customer base from.  If it wasn't for the show, she would be just another LLR hustler trying to sell plastic clothes to plastic people.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Her followers must watch the show, that's where she drew her customer base from.  If it wasn't for the show, she would be just another LLR hustler trying to sell plastic clothes to plastic people.

I suspect she would just be another EX LLR hustler at this point.

Edited by Teri313
...at, not as
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I suspect she would just be another EX LLR hustler as this point.

It would be poetic justice for her to experience what some of her downline have and be forced to sell her inventory for pennies on the dollar at local flea markets.

She may then adjust her arrogant attitude that it isn't just a case of lack of hard work that leads to failure in MLMs.  If you don't have a hook like TV exposure, were in at the beginning, or have a very broad network of friends and family it would be a struggle beyond reason.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 7/29/2022 at 11:52 AM, Gramto6 said:

Interesting to see in photos the evolution of Leon, ending with all the squinty eyes photos.

I really don't think Leon and Audrey are happy together. Just my spidey sense. At first they giggled and glowed. Then, during the C-fish Seasons Audrey talked for Leon.  By the time they announced they were moving back from Chicago, it flipped. Audrey seemed depressed, and Leon filled in the blanks for Audrey. Their smiles seem forced to me. Both of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder what goes through her head as she is busy with the filters.  Does she really think she's fooling anyone? 

I wonder this also. It’s a HUGE difference, not a little touch up here and there. It’s a full-on whole different person. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2AD38AC0-875E-47B3-B4C6-4B847A43F047.jpeg

Meri's compass is off kilter.  That wasn't the North Star, it was the Green Godde$$ that came into her vision.

She saw an opportunity to exploit her pain and laid her dignity and self respect on the altar of greed.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

How many people has Meri hurt, betrayed, disappointed or caused heart break?  - Leo, Christine, Maddie, Kootie … ?  I don’t recall her ever apologizing to them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

"Without the messes, I wouldn't have a message."  

But, since she cut and pasted someone else's deep thought, she doesn't even have a message - not even in hashtags.  I'm sure that there are thousands of replies, commending her for being a #StrongWoman #LivingHerWhy, etc..

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri's compass is off kilter.  That wasn't the North Star, it was the Green Godde$$ that came into her vision.

She saw an opportunity to exploit her pain and laid her dignity and self respect on the altar of greed.

THIS. Always Meri the Victim. Never mind the people she did the same to, if they even mention pain she caused, her “walls” come up and Meri doesn’t feel “safe”. 

Having seen how cruelly Meri speaks to people, including her customers, this is quite the hypocritical statement. Meri Brown’s unfiltered image should be in the dictionary under the word “hypocrite”.

And I think it’s fine if people are cruel, greedy assholes — as long as they aren’t pretending to be something they’re not. Own it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

A long stretch maybe, but I have wondered on more than one occasion whether Meri suffers from an undiagnosed issue/disorder? 
It just strikes me how often she misreads people, gets situations completely wrong, is totally unable to reflect on her own behavior and cannot feel a for other people at all. We’ve all seen plenty of examples of this. 

Her latest posts about Leon were sweet in terms of support and love, yet feel very artificial at the same time. It’s hard to explain but somehow it doesn’t feel genuine and spontaneous. But that goes for almost every single SM post written by Meri…

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

A long stretch maybe, but I have wondered on more than one occasion whether Meri suffers from an undiagnosed issue/disorder? 
It just strikes me how often she misreads people, gets situations completely wrong, is totally unable to reflect on her own behavior and cannot feel a for other people at all. We’ve all seen plenty of examples of this. 

Her latest posts about Leon were sweet in terms of support and love, yet feel very artificial at the same time. It’s hard to explain but somehow it doesn’t feel genuine and spontaneous. But that goes for almost every single SM post written by Meri…

From afar, Meri very much fits the criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder.

• Useful 7
26 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Perhaps, or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That comes in many shades.  

Shades of Brown, you might say....see also: Kody Brown, Robyn Brown.

Meri should try posting something like this: 

I am like a tree.  Trees bend in strong winds.  I have bent but I have not broken.  I like trees (but not too many).  If you are in need of shade, allow me to offer myself, the tree, for whenceforth to rest your weary mind.  Because lo, although my branches may have broken off in the storms and impaled your heart, I did not mean to do so because I am, as I mentioned, a tree.  Sip a cool drink beneath my giant arms.  Enjoy the falling orange foliage of my tears.  If I weren't a tree I would be sorry for the injuries I have caused you but alas, I did not understand.  #trees #strongwoman #treewoman #ILikeBigBranches #LuLaRoeBossTree

I mean it's kind of an apology, right?

• Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Shades of Brown, you might say....see also: Kody Brown, Robyn Brown.

Leon also seems to like shades of brown, particularly burnt sienna, which they commonly used as the main or background colour on IG posts.  I found this funny because as a kid, burnt sienna was always the least-used colour in everyone's Crayola box, so an odd choice for someone who wants to be an influencer.  My last name is a genus of fish, but I never considered using it on all of my messages.

• Like 7

"Raw Umber" was always the shade of brown that I didn't know what to do with.  I still have one crayon of that color in my Limited Edition Discontinued Crayola Box that I keep hidden in my sock drawer. :)

Come to think of it, raw umber seems like the interior/exterior color of every house the Browns have ever owned.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

My mom bought me a tin container of Crayolas, in the 80's or 90's?  I still have it, and have not used it or opened it.  I remember raw umber and burnt sienna, too.  I believe the box contains the original colors that I used as a kid in the 60's.

I've long thought that narcissistic traits are part of Meri's and Leo's personality.  Kootie is a malignant narcissist IMO.  (I have no credentials as a psychologist.)  I'll have to read up on Borderline Personality Disorder, as I'm less familiar with that trait.

I'd be Janelle's size if I had had to dill with Meri and Kootie as "family."  I'm a stress eater and have to watch it.  I don't want to be @ 250 pounds again!

• Love 6

Off-topic - my absolute favorite Christmas gift every year between the ages of about 4 - 11 was the gigantic box of Crayola crayons with the built-in sharpener....I'm talking the long box that was about the size of a legal piece of paper.  I still remember the smell.  

On-topic - I honestly think that if Kody is a narcissist, Robyn is a sociopath.  Or they are both combinations of the two.  The fact that Janelle - the "smart" one - is still there is astounding...although we know that she's also the lazy one.

I am moderately curious to see how Janelle plays the middle between Kody and Christine this season.  We know from SM that she spends a lot of time with Christine, and that has to make Kody's perm rage out of control.  We know that previously Kody has treated Janelle with kid gloves, like his "buddy."  Will he turn on her next?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

I've been working in different capacities in the mental health field for decades. I've diagnosed thousands of folks.

I don't think any of the Browns meet the criteria for narcissism, but Meri might have borderline with narcissistic traits. Elevated egos, asshole tendencies and selfishness in and of themselves are not pathological. We all have traits of every diagnosis out there because that is part of being human, but actually meeting the criteria for a diagnosis is a little more involved.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 14
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've been working in different capacities in the mental health field for decades. I've diagnosed thousands of folks.

I don't think any of the Browns meet the criteria for narcissism, but Meri might have borderline with narcissistic traits. Elevated egos, asshole tendencies and selfishness in and of themselves are not pathological. We all have traits of every diagnosis out there because that is part of being human, but actually meeting the criteria for a diagnosis is a little more involved.

That’s really surprising.  Wow.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We know that previously Kody has treated Janelle with kid gloves, like his "buddy."  Will he turn on her next?

She's the only one left to turn on.  Christine's outta of there.  Meri's been exiled for more than 10 years.  Being monogamous with Robyn is the goal.

Janelle does hold several advantages: Kody wouldn't want to lose his bromance with Caleb, or his favorite grandchildren or his favorite daughter.  Meri's advantage may be dreaded-anniversary rice krispy treats.

• Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Raw Umber" was always the shade of brown that I didn't know what to do with.  I still have one crayon of that color in my Limited Edition Discontinued Crayola Box that I keep hidden in my sock drawer. :)

Come to think of it, raw umber seems like the interior/exterior color of every house the Browns have ever owned.

I saw “umber”, I immediately thought of Umbridge from Harry Potter. I feel like that’s how the other Brown children saw Meri as — professor Umbridge, mean and to be feared (I forget which Brown child said they were terrified of Meri and that she was a “monster” — Maddie maybe?). Now Meri acts like she adores Sol because he’s the spawn of Robyn and Ko-dink but I don’t buy it — there’s always an alterier motive or strategic move with Meri. 

image.jpeg.1f1e9bea5bb4183cdec427a58e4f61b6.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Will Meri stay if Janelle leaves? That would be sooooo creepy. Like an ex-wife who won't go away. It'd be perfect for Robyn because she could still claim polygamy, but like I said totally creepy from the outside looking in.

• Love 11

There’s a “fan theory” that Meri is attracted to Robyn. I don’t buy it and even if Meri was, Robyn knows how Meri is and the feeling wouldn’t be mutuall. Robyn’s more interested in keeping Meri around so she can remain HBIC and have someone to manipulate (and babysit). I just can’t with that theory — I don’t see what these people are seeing. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5998307/sister-wives-fans-new-theory-robyn-meri-brown-relationship/amp/

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

There’s a “fan theory” that Meri is attracted to Robyn. I don’t buy it and even if Meri was, Robyn knows how Meri is and the feeling wouldn’t be mutuall. Robyn’s more interested in keeping Meri around so she can remain HBIC and have someone to manipulate (and babysit). I just can’t with that theory — I don’t see what these people are seeing. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5998307/sister-wives-fans-new-theory-robyn-meri-brown-relationship/amp/

I don't think Meri is/was attracted to Robyn in a sexual or romantic sense, but I think Meri wanted a "buddy" in the family and through Robyn would fit the bill. I also think that she pegged Robyn as Kody's new fav, and wanted to be on good terms with his fav (although she was extremely jealous). I think Meri thought she would be rewarded for the sacrifices she made for the family but I think she failed to realize she treated people badly, and no matter how much you've "done" if youre not pleasant to be around, a lot of people won't have much to do with you. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 8/14/2022 at 7:53 AM, GeeGolly said:

Will Meri stay if Janelle leaves? That would be sooooo creepy. Like an ex-wife who won't go away. It'd be perfect for Robyn because she could still claim polygamy, but like I said totally creepy from the outside looking in.

I can already imagine Meri peeking in the windows of Robyn's mansion when nobody comes to answer the door after she rings the bell.  

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

don't think Meri is/was attracted to Robyn in a sexual or romantic sense, but I think Meri wanted a "buddy" in the family and through Robyn would fit the bill.

Agree. When she found Robyn, she thought she finally found the perfect sister wife and someone she could be friends with. Boy did that backfire!

• Like 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Agree. When she found Robyn, she thought she finally found the perfect sister wife and someone she could be friends with. Boy did that backfire!

And after all this time as Kootie was/is clearly favoring his newest wife, Meri STILL sucks up to her.  Meri has a blind spot for detecting and resenting RobChyn's machinations to get Kootie all to herself and her kids.  It's nuts.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

And after all this time as Kootie was/is clearly favoring his newest wife, Meri STILL sucks up to her.  Meri has a blind spot for detecting and resenting RobChyn's machinations to get Kootie all to herself and her kids.  It's nuts.

I think Meri sees it, but Robyn is her only way in.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I just don't understand why Meri doesn't recognize that she is never going to be with Kootie in a sexual way again ever. It is just not going to happen as long as Robochin is around. Maybe she thinks Robochin will leave when the show is cancelled and then she can move back into #1 wife spot again??? Dream on filtered queen!

• Love 8