Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri Brown fails to mention her “improved appearance” is also the use of FILTERS (gosh people are dumb can’t they see it?). We’ll see during the next season, won’t we? TLC doesn’t use filters. 

https://theovertimer.com/2022/07/sister-wives-meri-brown-denies-plastic-surgery-speculation-but-admits-what-she-did-do/

"Just Invisilign and sunburn" 🤣 Forgot to mention filters,  Lying bitch.

• LOL 9
On 7/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, GeeGolly said:

You're so right and everything is relative. Her post may give someone the courage to take a new path. And even when folks do bring hardships onto themselves it doesn't negate their strength in moving forward. We all do the best we can, with what we know at the time.

With that said, IMO Meri's posts exaggerate her hardships and scream victim, rather than survivor.

Some things in life just happen to us, we don't choose for diseases, hardships or where we are born for instance. Those are things we cannot change or control. But, we can decide on how we deal with it and how we move forward. Not everyone is capable of doing this because it inevitably comes with some self-reflection and taking hard decisions.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Some things in life just happen to us, we don't choose for diseases, hardships or where we are born for instance. Those are things we cannot change or control. But, we can decide on how we deal with it and how we move forward. Not everyone is capable of doing this because it inevitably comes with some self-reflection and taking hard decisions.

This. I’ve had a lot of pretty bad things happen to me during childhood and young adulthood, but I don’t go around proclaiming to be a “survivor” or “brave” or shit like that. Lots of people have been sexually abused, beaten, bullied and discriminated against. There’s stuff that’s happened to me that no one knows about. It doesn’t make me special in any way compared to anyone else’s struggles.

The fact that Meri needs attention for every little thing and wears shirts that say “brave” annoys the heck outta me. How brave is she really? Why does she feel the need to advertise it ALL THE TIME? For all her bragging about being a survivor, you’d think she’d been held captive in a basement in chains instead of bullying her sister wives and their kids.

Fake ass, smug, attention-craving bitch. 

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 12

Oh, I dislike her attention-seeking quasi inspirational posts but that doesn't mean she hasn't been through the wringer as I think she has in a lot of ways. And it is all relative, as you say. 

I believe Meri has been through some shit, especially early on with Kody and additional wives popping out baby after baby while she experienced secondary infertility. And based on the small part of their book that I read, I think Meri has some serious self esteem issues and trouble making real friends and relating to people. And I think that during the pandemic, Kody, Robyn, Janelle, and Christine all abandoned her and made no attempt to see if she was okay. And they're assholes for doing that. 

All that being said, I think Meri is also an asshole who is difficult to live with. She deals with her insecurities by blaming everyone else for everything and constantly making herself out to be a victim. She is controlling and a liar. Meri was shopping around for another relationship when she ran into "Sam." She was trying to leave the family, and if Sam had been real, she'd be long gone. She should just admit that. Christine has greatly benefited from admitting her issues with Kody, but Meri refuses to take the leap. So instead she's just unhappy and horrible to live with and listen to. She's the ultimate martyr. I'm not surprised that Leon fled the whole situation to Colorado, although Leon seems to have many of Meri's personality traits too.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Leon seems to have many of Meri's personality traits too.

"As the twig is bent, so is the tree inclined".

Leon's formative years were spent at the knee of a mother who felt superior to the others as the first and legal wife.  This status attitude was imparted to Leon as the exalted only child of Meri. 

It took many years for Leon to find their place in the shuffle of 17 siblings, Logan seems to understand Leon and is one of the few that embrace Leon for who they are.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I believe Meri has been through some shit, especially early on with Kody and additional wives popping out baby after baby while she experienced secondary infertility. And based on the small part of their book that I read, I think Meri has some serious self esteem issues and trouble making real friends and relating to people. And I think that during the pandemic, Kody, Robyn, Janelle, and Christine all abandoned her and made no attempt to see if she was okay. And they're assholes for doing that. 

All that being said, I think Meri is also an asshole who is difficult to live with. She deals with her insecurities by blaming everyone else for everything and constantly making herself out to be a victim. She is controlling and a liar. Meri was shopping around for another relationship when she ran into "Sam." She was trying to leave the family, and if Sam had been real, she'd be long gone. She should just admit that. Christine has greatly benefited from admitting her issues with Kody, but Meri refuses to take the leap. So instead she's just unhappy and horrible to live with and listen to. She's the ultimate martyr. I'm not surprised that Leon fled the whole situation to Colorado, although Leon seems to have many of Meri's personality traits too.

You know the old saying, if you have problems with more than one person, maybe your the problem.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Meri was flirting online for an age before she was caught by Sam. She was all over the guy from the band that played at the commitment ceremony on Twitter and people were wondering if something was going on but it really just seemed Meri was making him uncomfortable. But other men on Twitter did seem interested in her.

She wasn't manipulated into divorcing Kody by Kody or Robyn. She was getting attention online, going for it and making the way out of the family clear. 

• Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, CherryFerry said:

Meri was flirting online for an age before she was caught by Sam. She was all over the guy from the band that played at the commitment ceremony on Twitter and people were wondering if something was going on but it really just seemed Meri was making him uncomfortable. But other men on Twitter did seem interested in her.

She wasn't manipulated into divorcing Kody by Kody or Robyn. She was getting attention online, going for it and making the way out of the family clear. 

😂 OMG. Meri flirting. She’s not exactly what one would call beguiling, interesting or alluring. There’s someone for everyone, of course, but Meri seems to act silly around men she has no chance of getting. And it’s AWKWARD. Meri has been stuck with Kody so long, she doesn’t seem to know how to flirt without being clumsy about it. I *almost* feel sorry for her.

A lot of Meri’s problem, IMO, is her brutish personality. She’s demanding, selfish, has tantrums and puts up “walls” when challenged. Those might be barriers to possible relationships for her. Let’s also add non-stop bragging to the list.

That said, there’s probably someone out there who will love her for who she is — It’s just not he guy in the commitment ceremony band (or a handsome, vegan, well-traveled, cultured millionaire). 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

😂 OMG. Meri flirting. She’s not exactly what one would call beguiling, interesting or alluring. There’s someone for everyone, of course, but Meri seems to act silly around men she has no chance of getting. And it’s AWKWARD. Meri has been stuck with Kody so long, she doesn’t seem to know how to flirt without being clumsy about it. I *almost* feel sorry for her.

A lot of Meri’s problem, IMO, is her brutish personality. She’s demanding, selfish, has tantrums and puts up “walls” when challenged. Those might be barriers to possible relationships for her. Let’s also add non-stop bragging to the list.

That said, there’s probably someone out there who will love her for who she is — It’s just not he guy in the commitment ceremony band (or a handsome, vegan, well-traveled, cultured millionaire). 

Meri has a lot of fans, male and female. Not that I get it but she does. Not all watch the show. What we see as awkward would be really appealing to some men. Not the kind of men I'd be into, but she wouldn't find it hard to find a partner if she wanted to.

More likely now to be middle aged or older men who are widowed or divorced but making a generalisation, men from those demographics are far less comfortable with being single than women may be.

There are few, if any, middle aged or over single men being kick-ass living their best lives social movements like there are for women.

• Like 8
(edited)

Some of the guys (who don't watch the show or follow her on SM) may think that Meri must have some talents developed while vying for the attentions of her one quarter of a husband. Or they imagine her getting up to things with sister wives. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
On 7/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, CherryFerry said:

Meri has a lot of fans, male and female. Not that I get it but she does. Not all watch the show. What we see as awkward would be really appealing to some men. Not the kind of men I'd be into, but she wouldn't find it hard to find a partner if she wanted to.

The question is: What exactly is a lot of fans? Technically, the Brown family are just a bunch of fairly minor D-listers. It’s easy to accumulate a huge group of ‘friends’ on social media. Followers on IG are not to be confused with fans, just as FB friends aren’t an accurate representation of your actual social network and true friends. I suspect that a lot of  her followers signed up in the hope of catching a few juicy bits, or to figure out what is really going on, not because they adore Meri. And then there are loads who just follow everybody. The actual fans aren’t that many, but she does seem to have a small group of very devoted and overly-protective fans though. (It clearly shows in the comments and the speed with which critical posts are either torn apart or removed)

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

The question is: What exactly is a lot of fans? Technically, the Brown family are just a bunch of fairly minor D-listers. It’s easy to accumulate a huge group of ‘friends’ on social media. Followers on IG are not to be confused with fans, just as FB friends aren’t an accurate representation of your actual social network and true friends. I suspect that a lot of  her followers signed up in the hope of catching a few juicy bits, or to figure out what is really going on, not because they adore Meri. And then there are loads who just follow everybody. The actual fans aren’t that many, but she does seem to have a small group of very devoted and overly-protective fans though. (It clearly shows in the comments and the speed with which critical posts are either torn apart or removed)

Meri has just about 750k IG followers but she has upwards of 30,000 active followers (depending on the post). Like you said, its similar to FB. Someone with a couple hundred FB friends will likely get 30 to 50 likes on their posts. Jessa (Duggar) Seewald has over 2 million IG followers and has similar numbers as Meri in active followers.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4

I have to say though, that she cleverly used those followers on both Insta and Facebook to expand her business. She realised that there was a whole load of potential customers out there, managed to reach them and somehow keeps them interested too. Meri has definitely more of a business instinct than I ever thought her capable of.

I really have no idea how she does this as I do not follow her on either SM platform. I completely rely on what is shown here. A lot of her posts are definitely cringe-worthy but it's a welcome relief from all the passive aggressive Plexus-Posts from Janelle, Christine and Maddie. Those three have managed to turn each and every 'personal' update into an opportunity to show that ugly pink dildo.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I have to say though, that she cleverly used those followers on both Insta and Facebook to expand her business. She realised that there was a whole load of potential customers out there, managed to reach them and somehow keeps them interested too. Meri has definitely more of a business instinct than I ever thought her capable of.

I really have no idea how she does this as I do not follow her on either SM platform. I completely rely on what is shown here. A lot of her posts are definitely cringe-worthy but it's a welcome relief from all the passive aggressive Plexus-Posts from Janelle, Christine and Maddie. Those three have managed to turn each and every 'personal' update into an opportunity to show that ugly pink dildo.

And those followers/customers don’t realise they’re being used. Meri has a history of being snarky to her followers — she’s openly insulted them and implied that they’re stupid. And she gets away with it.

Meri might be good at her pyramid scheme, but she is not a nice person. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And those followers/customers don’t realise they’re being used. Meri has a history of being snarky to her followers — she’s openly insulted them and implied that they’re stupid. And she gets away with it.

Meri might be good at her pyramid scheme, but she is not a nice person. 

The (5 or) 7 stages of grief apply to much more than losing a person to death. Many folks get stuck in, or keep returning to, the anger stage. I'm going to guess that a fair amount of Meri's followers, are just like Meri and feel very seen and validated by her.

While I agree that Meri is not a warm and fuzzy person at her core, I think her circumstances and her unwillingness (or incapability) to work through her grief certainly amplifies her worst traits. And Meri adds the victim/survivor spin to it all. Like I mentioned above there's plenty of folks that want these feelings and behaviors validated and Meri is their girl.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The (5 or) 7 stages of grief apply to much more than losing a person to death. Many folks get stuck in, or keep returning to, the anger stage. I'm going to guess that a fair amount of Meri's followers, are just like Meri and feel very seen and validated by her.

While I agree that Meri is not a warm and fuzzy person at her core, I think her circumstances and her unwillingness (or incapability) to work through her grief certainly amplifies her worst traits. And Meri adds the victim/survivor spin to it all. Like I mentioned above there's plenty of folks that want these feelings and behaviors validated and Meri is their girl.

I don’t disagree with your observations. People think, “I’ve struggled so it’s okay for me to be an asshole (or associate with/be validated by an asshole). They can all be a gang of assholes together. 

Having struggled or suffered abuse/neglect may be a reason a person is a jerk, but it’s never a good excuse. 

• Like 6
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t disagree with your observations. People think, “I’ve struggled so it’s okay for me to be an asshole (or associate with/be validated by an asshole). They can all be a gang of assholes together. 

Having struggled or suffered abuse/neglect may be a reason a person is a jerk, but it’s never a good excuse. 

It's all relative, isn't it? 

What Meri may deem abuse/neglect to be at the core of her discontent, she continues to submit herself to more of the same by sucking up to Kody/Robyn. 

By Kody's own words, she is free to fly off and begin a new life and yet, she remains Meri the Martyr.  Could she possibly be that obtuse???  Or is it a case of sheer greed by having her followers fall in step by identifying with and supporting her in her bizarre situation?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6D8DCB5C-E393-421C-9EF3-5EFF6060D037.jpeg

Does she read here? We were JUST discussing this very topic. And if she does read here:

Meri, you’re mean, fake and a braggart. “Brave” people don’t brag about being brave. “Real” people don’t filter their photos every time they post on SM (and lie about it). “Kind” people don’t ridicule their fans (or keep reminding everyone how kind they are). People who are open don’t build “walls” whenever they are questioned.

You’ve had a taste of power and persuasion and it has emboldened you. It’s turned you into an adult bully who should know better. You may have had struggles during your life, but it’s not an excuse to become a lying, misrepresenting, insensitive jerk.

Deal with your buried emotional stuff and be better instead of using power to fill your soul. Right now you’re so fake you’re not much better than a catfish.

Regards, 

a less-than-hopeful turtle 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8

Meri, you’re mean, fake and a braggart. “Brave” people don’t brag about being brave. “Real” people don’t filter their photos every time they post on SM (and lie about it). “Kind” people don’t ridicule their fans (or keep reminding everyone how kind they are). People who are open don’t build “walls” whenever they are questioned.

I think Meri is deeply insecure, depressed, and just miserable. I think nothing about her life turned out the way she dreamed it would, and the way she handles that is to create a fake persona on social media, while being bitchy and standoff-ish and a liar in real life. She needs real therapy, not the bullshit polygamy-friendly therapy they got on the show. 

That being said, I don't think Meri as bad as she appears, and I don't think Janelle or Christine are anywhere near as innocent or great as they appear. Janelle is passive-aggressive as hell, as shown by her relationship with Robyn, where she needs to endlessly "think" about whether she wants to be her friend, and claims to be married while spending no time with her husband, and hinting that they're not even intimate, and probably haven't been for years.

Christine was totally fine with polygamy when it worked in her favor. It was great when she was the newest wife. Christine turned sour when Kody found a newer wife, and then she started rewriting history. But she was FINE when she was the favorite, despite the effect the situation might have on anyone else, particularly Meri watching her pump out baby after baby while Meri suffered secondary infertility and they had no money (in the beginning) for fertility treatments. 

So, they're all assholes, but Meri is not all bad, and Janelle and Christine are not all that great.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think Meri is deeply insecure, depressed, and just miserable. I think nothing about her life turned out the way she dreamed it would, and the way she handles that is to create a fake persona on social media, while being bitchy and standoff-ish and a liar in real life. She needs real therapy, not the bullshit polygamy-friendly therapy they got on the show. 

That being said, I don't think Meri as bad as she appears, and I don't think Janelle or Christine are anywhere near as innocent or great as they appear. Janelle is passive-aggressive as hell, as shown by her relationship with Robyn, where she needs to endlessly "think" about whether she wants to be her friend, and claims to be married while spending no time with her husband, and hinting that they're not even intimate, and probably haven't been for years.

Christine was totally fine with polygamy when it worked in her favor. It was great when she was the newest wife. Christine turned sour when Kody found a newer wife, and then she started rewriting history. But she was FINE when she was the favorite, despite the effect the situation might have on anyone else, particularly Meri watching her pump out baby after baby while Meri suffered secondary infertility and they had no money (in the beginning) for fertility treatments. 

So, they're all assholes, but Meri is not all bad, and Janelle and Christine are not all that great.

I think Meri is worse than she appears. She crafts her online persona carefully to try to hide her inner bully. She’s that way naturally and knows it’s bad, yet we see her treating people badly — even Jenn. Meri interrupts and walks all over her in the FWF videos. 

I’m no fan of the others (especially Janelle faking her way through being a “health coach”), but I pick on Meri most because she pretends to be something she isn’t the most. Meri is a KAREN. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

That is a crazy and ridiculous post.  

Why is a photo from Oprah Winfrey screaming, "You get a car!  You get a car!" cropped into the bottom corner of a Steven "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" Covey quote?  

The Instagram handle in the watermark is for a LulaNo retailer, from whom Meri copied the post.  But the original post was just the Covey quote.  Is the version Meri posted the work of Lizzie's Inn in-house graphic artist, Audg, or Meri herself?  And all of three people - none of them Meri - liked the original post, but not enough to leave a text or emoji comment.

That Oprah moment isn't even relevant to the quote that someone would add it.  All members of Oprah's audience that day actually were products of their circumstances.  They had little to no input in the show topic that would be taped the day they attended, or the car they'd receive.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

ABF1535A-54C2-447D-A311-67D20D766619.jpeg

Ok I can’t with Meri anymore. Meri is the snippiest and rudest of the entire bunch when it comes to answering questions about her or her family. 

And this is what I’ve been taking about — she pretends to be something she cannot be: truly kind. Meri hates people unless they benefit her in some way and she’s really bad at pretending she cares about anyone but herself. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Throw love back at them?  I think I am going to throw up.  What a clueless hypocrite.

Rice Crispy treats aren't "love", Meri.

14 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

That Oprah moment isn't even relevant to the quote that someone would add it.  All members of Oprah's audience that day actually were products of their circumstances.  They had little to no input in the show topic that would be taped the day they attended, or the car they'd receive.

And the IRS took 50% of the "free" car's value. Many recipients had to sell the car to pay the taxes on the gift.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Meri’s birthday post  to Leon, 10 pictures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmZcXQrrcg/

Sorry to miss this, I guess my ban from Meri's Instagram page is permanent.  Honestly do not know why, as I have never commented on her page, the only thing I can think may be the reason is that I may possibly have "liked" a negative comment on her page. Meri is very prickly.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It must devastate Meri that she will never have grandkids. Only 1 kid and 0 grandkids. The other 2 wives are having grandkids left and right.

It is possible, they could adopt. But somehow I feel like they really don't want kids. Which is fine for them, but is sad for Meri.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

Audj was nice and more attentive to the younger Brown kids and grandkids than Leo in footage from their visits. But having only one attentive parent and one narcissist parent with ramen hair has been hard on the Brown kids, so hopefully Audj & Leo will stick to canine children. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
On 7/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, oliviabenson said:

It must devastate Meri that she will never have grandkids. Only 1 kid and 0 grandkids. The other 2 wives are having grandkids left and right.

Yes, it must be quite devastating considering the fact that she wanted a big family and wasn't blessed with that. And now it seems highly unlikely that her only child ever wants children either. Not that it is any of her business of course. It's not up to potential grandparents to demand that their kids start a family. At least not in my book. I hate it when parents pick fights with their own children because they are being "denied their right" of being grandparents.

But yes, it's another thing in Meri's life that turns out completely different from what she envisioned. But for all her faults and rather unpleasant character, she does seem to try to accept Leon and their choices in her life. And that's a lot more than we can say of Kody!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

There's a part of me that feels bad for Meri.  As much as I have contempt for her regarding her treatment of others, her life's journey through the past several years must have been tough.  Gotta give her credit, she's still in there, swinging.  😏

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I recall a conversation about them having children. It was probably about two years ago. They said they wanted two, and Leon definitely didn’t want to have an only child. It was stated Audrey would be the one to get pregnant.

Leon at the time said, “That’s not my thing. I’m good. I have never had the desire to be pregnant or to give birth.”. (from an article I found by googling)

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
53 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Yes, it must be quite devastating considering the fact that she wanted a big family and wasn't blessed with that. And now it seems highly unlikely that her only child ever wants children either. Not that it is any of her business of course. It's not up to potential grandparents to demand that their kids start a family. At least not in my book. I hate it when parents pick fights with their own children because they are being "denied their right" of being grandparents.

But yes, it's another thing in Meri's life that turns out completely different from what she envisioned. But for all her faults and rather unpleasant character, she does seem to try to accept Leon and their choices in her life. And that's a lot more than we can say of Kody!

I'm in sort of the same boat here.  My only child is not having kids.  But I never wanted eight kids like Meri did.  🙃  Mr. X and I never questioned our daughter's decision, which of course was hers and her husband's to make.  Becoming a grandparent isn't a "right" for anyone to impose on their kid(s).  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I recall a conversation about them having children. It was probably about two years ago. They said they wanted two, and Leon definitely didn’t want to have an only child. It was stated Audrey would be the one to get pregnant.

Leon at the time said, “That’s not my thing. I’m good. I have never had the desire to be pregnant or to give birth.”. (from an article I found by googling)

Well, if Audrey is taking hormones to transition, I can't imagine that would be a good environment for a developing baby. If they want 2, than Leon is going to have to change their mind.

(Hope I got that pronoun right...)

• Applause 1
  • Love 4