Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

No way. There’s a whole world of Disney instagrammers out there that do it way better and don’t get paid. Most of her shots, you can’t even tell she’s at the park. 

Sorry, Dakota, meant to quote MelanieM, not you!

Also, she's affiliated with Discovery Network which is an out and out competitor with Disney. 

• Love 1
On 7/29/2018 at 1:07 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It's all coming back to me now.  Audrey, with that hairdo and dress that undoubtedly makes her look shorter and dumpier, reminds me of Zelda Rubenstein, the little old lady in Poltergeist.  I'd link a picture if I wasn't technologically impaired.

"This house is CLEAN."

I LOVE that movie and her scenes.

20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, she was there because of the LLR convention.  I'm guessing with as frequently as she goes Meri probably has a season pass.

ETA - I believe the times she's been at a Disney property (she was at WDW earlier this year prior to the LLR Cruise) there's been a LLR tie in of some sort.

My guess is they all have season passes.  I don't think Disney has to give freebies to TLC celebs.  If they did you know other TLC Z listers would be hashtagging the shit out of that place.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, laurakaye said:

ARRRghghhh%^#$%#** (throws stapler at monitor)

I despise these kinds of posts with the red-hot rage of a thousand suns.  It's like, "oh my goodness, you guys!  I am so sweaty/stressed/too rushed to put on makeup and yet, here I am posting a selfie!  So now everyone can tell me how pretty I am, tell me that I glow, that I look so young/fresh/beautiful, etc."  My neighbor does this...posts "make-up free" selfies with the disclaimer/humblebrag that she was just so focused on preparing her three kids a healthy breakfast (sliced avocado, egg white omelettes, whole-grain toast, whatever) that she simply did not have time to run a brush through her hair or put on a stitch of makeup for the drive to school....and what invariably follows are her sycophants friends telling her that she looks radiant and somehow younger than her teen-age daughter.  It makes me stabby.  Meri totally refreshed her makeup and spent 15 minutes choosing a filter for this photo of herself, supposedly sweaty and frazzled.  And again with the #LivingMyWhy #BecauseICan.  What in the ever-loving crap do those two hashtags have to do with her sitting in a hot car?!?/ &^%$&&

Sorry, #it'searly #Ihaven'thadmycoffeeyet.

10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Life without Facebook (or any social media) and all of its attention-seeking, self-aggrandizing, self-promoting, "look how awesome I am and how fabulous my life is"  posts is delightful.

You both nailed it. I dislike FB and am only on to stay in touch with close friends or family living far away and also messenger, which I use way more than text. Still, there's always the one or two friends who do this kind of stuff (annnnnnd "unfollow"). This kid of validation can only be accelerated for people like Meri and her zombie followers, hoping for validation from their "celebrity" (vicious cycle): "Maybe if I tell Meri she looks great, she will "like" my comment or reply to it!!" 

• Love 6

Anyone want to guess what their going to price those jeans at? I believe they sell or used to sell a denim jacket that sold for around $100, so I’m assuming the jeans will be a similar price. Who the hell would pay $100 for those?? 

I also find it weird that they roped Mariah into this thing. It doesn’t look like her style at all. I can see Maddie wearing this stuff, but not Mariah. She doesn’t seem to wear it a lot in the pics I see of her. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

Anyone want to guess what their going to price those jeans at? I believe they sell or used to sell a denim jacket that sold for around $100, so I’m assuming the jeans will be a similar price. Who the hell would pay $100 for those?? 

I also find it weird that they roped Mariah into this thing. It doesn’t look like her style at all. I can see Maddie wearing this stuff, but not Mariah. She doesn’t seem to wear it a lot in the pics I see of her. 

I'm guessing $85 for the jeans. 

And it seems to be Audrey's deal more than Mariah's.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

The ones they showed in the other ad had white stitching on the back pockets and were even tighter. I wonder if these are some other brand used as bait.

Nah just typical LLR bullshit, there's no sense of standard there. 

I'm thinking they're planning on variations so their fans will want to buy more then one pair.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I swear, in general, this family does not have self-awareness at all.  Especially Meri and Mariah, who just think they're such beauties! 

Those pit stains are gross.

I would venture a guess that LuLaNo garments are 100% polyester, restricting "breathablility", and causing pilling after 2-3 rounds through the washer/dryer cycles.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I would venture a guess that LuLaNo garments are 100% polyester, restricting "breathablility", and causing pilling after 2-3 rounds through the washer/dryer cycles.

I've heard that synthetic fabrics retain BO, too.  I'd choose natural fibers over synthetics any day.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Hideous and stinky.  Quite the marketing slogan.

14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've heard that synthetic fabrics retain BO, too.  I'd choose natural fibers over synthetics any day.

Synthetic fabrics are indeed stinky. Used to have to wear them for fieldwork as they were issued to us by our agency. After just ONE DAY we'd smell like we'd been in the field for a week without a shower. One. Day.  Didn't matter how clean or how much deodorant we used beforehand. Not only that, it was difficult to launder the odors out of these so-called high tech "wicking" fabrics. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Not only that, it was difficult to launder the odors out of these so-called high tech "wicking" fabrics. 

I always feel sorry for workers having to wear that stuff in restaurants that cook with a lot of grease.  You can just never wash that smell away.  I hate coming out of one of those places because that odor just coats you from head to toe, even your hair.  And that's only being inside for a short period.

• Love 3

Meri is nuts, besides being the Queen of Selfishness.  

She wants all the recognition that the SW show brings, loves having stupid sycophant people to sell her shitty clothes to, and wants no criticism whatsoever.  Sorry dear Meri, that's not the way it works.  

Ginger and Sandy W, love your posts.  Kohola3 too.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add a member's screen name
  • Love 9
On 7/29/2018 at 5:00 PM, MonicaM said:

I'm guessing that she has some kind of deal with Disney.  She posts enough pictures and has enough followers that the Disney executives probably think it's worth the advertising to at least give her free annual passes and possibly discounts on food and merchandise.  Still wouldn't make the visits inexpensive, but everything helps.

More likely what she has purchased is an annual pass which surprisingly, they let you break into installment payments. It also gives you a small discount for food purchases inside the park. It saves a ton and I mean TON of money when you make more than 2 to 3 trips a year. The food,gas, lodging is still outrageous.  I think this is a possibility for them cause they strike me as the installment type family. Also, Meri is probably using that annual pass as a write off...or maybe I give too much credit where none is due ?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Here's a Truth! for you Meri, if you don't want your life judged just say no to Reality TV.

Right? Meri also makes it the public's business with her incessant postings while the show is offline. She makes absolutely no sense. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? Meri also makes it the public's business with her incessant postings while the show is offline. She makes absolutely no sense. 

It's Meri's world and we just live in it.  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri is nuts, besides being the Queen of Selfishness.  

She wants all the recognition that the SW show brings, loves having stupid sycophant people to sell her shitty clothes to, and wants no criticism whatsoever.  Sorry dear Meri, that's not the way it works.  

Ginger and Sandy W, love your posts.  Kohola3 too.

And when she's criticized, she makes assumptions that those people have "boring" lives and a bunch of time on their hands, but SHE has plenty of time on her hands to go on social media and complain about it, contradicting that meme she posted. I work 6 days a week and manage 15-20 minus a day on here. She puts herself out there but cannot take an ounce of criticism.

• Love 8

Judgment is neutral, neither positive or negative until it is given as one or the other. What Meri really means is that she doesn’t like all the people who don’t like her and everything she does. Judgement is just fine when she gets all the compliments and bootlicking.

(Feel free to judge me as pedantic, I own that.)

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dill with it, Meri.

Poor widdle Meri just cannot dill because she "doesn't feel safe" when she is so put upon.  She can dish it out but she can't eat it.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Poor widdle Meri just cannot dill because she "doesn't feel safe" when she is so put upon.  She can dish it out but she can't eat it.

Oh gawd--forgot about that "safe" bs she pulls. Wonder what kind of crap she's pulling as they move and have their homes built up in Flag. Can't wait to see her scrunched-up crying face as the others are tempted to turn their backs on her. But they can't, as she will never go away, clinging like shit to a shovel.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh gawd--forgot about that "safe" bs she pulls. Wonder what kind of crap she's pulling as they move and have their homes built up in Flag. Can't wait to see her scrunched-up crying face as the others are tempted to turn their backs on her. But they can't, as she will never go away, clinging like shit to a shovel.

The new house will be her perfect opportunity to "put her walls up" and permit only those that "make her feel safe" admittance to her sanctuary.

• Love 5

Thanks for sharing your experience AZChristian.  The hospitality sounds wonderful and your descriptions of the food have me scrambling for a creme brulee French toast casserole.

I am pleasantly surprised, that the Inn is running so smoothly and appreciate your first hand report.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

There are four guest rooms available, and they were all full last night.

Very interesting report, AZChristian! Could you get a sense of whether the other guests were there due to the connection to the show?

I'm still baffled as to why Meri isn't touting these wonderful amenities on the website and social media. Guess she's too busy living her why.

• Love 15

The ladies we chatted with this morning are big fans of the show and the family.  One of the other couples lives in the same area of LV as the Browns, so I suspect they are aware of the show as well.  We didn't have much of a chance to talk with the other couple.  Bonnie did say that business has been picking up.  Goodness knows that even "word of mouth" advertising would be good, as we were all pleased with our time there.

Bonnie mentioned Meri a few times, but also mentioned her other children . . . much like any proud mother.  She never mentioned the show or the family other than that.  We never discussed polygamy or any other family topics . . . everything was very professional.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Wow, excellent boots-on-the-ground reporting, @AZChristian! I’m stunned to hear such a glowing report but am glad you had such a great experience. How were the neighbors? 

Honestly, we were surprised at how nice it was.  We've done other B&Bs . . . so we have something to compare it to.  My mindset as we planned the trip was to just be honest - and my report is 100% honest. 

We didn't see any actual neighbors.  The house across the street was probably was one of the nicest places in town at one point, but it is now pretty badly deteriorated, although we think it was still occupied.  Those of us discussing it at breakfast agreed that it had potential to be a beautiful B&B as well, but it would take a LOT of money.  It looked like it needed to be gutted and completely redone on the inside.  There are apparently a couple of other B&Bs in town.

The "downtown" area is within easy walking distance.  Because we were focused on the longer walk out to the cemetery, we didn't go over to the main street.  Apparently, Parowan is known for cinnamon rolls, and every restaurant and shop in town sells them.  (Another reason for us to stay away from downtown!)  They were also sponsoring a half-marathon yesterday.  The daughter-in-law with whom we were having breakfast had gotten up early and had finished the race before breakfast.

I forgot to mention . . . the scenery around southern Utah is breathtaking.

• Love 15

Well, good for Bonnie, sounds like she's made that a viable business at least as long as the show is on the air.

I'd wager none of the niceties were due to Meri.  She's too busy playing LuLaQueen and making up hashtags.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, good for Bonnie, sounds like she's made that a viable business at least as long as the show is on the air.

I'd wager none of the niceties were due to Meri.  She's too busy playing LuLaQueen and making up hashtags.

Bonnie told us that all the major renovations (painting, wallpapering, etc.) were done by the previous owner, and that the primary furnishings came with the house.  But then she specifically said, "Meri added the family history and the other decorations."  Bonnie laughed and said, "I sure didn't do it!"

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Bonnie laughed and said, "I sure didn't do it!"

I was thinking more in terms of the gracious hospitality and food. Adding old gee-gaws and pictures is one thing, making a pleasant atmosphere and good food is another.  Imagine what Meri would do if someone criticized anything!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

And Bonnie was EXCELLENT at that!!!

Sounds like this has been an enriching experience for Bonnie.  Wasn't it Meri who said that Bonnie was too retiring and shy to operate a B&B?  It seems that she's an ideal hostess for such a venture.

• Love 12