Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

In designing the new lair, we had to think in terms of the much larger group that Oliver [stephen Amell] has now surrounded himself with and how Team Arrow is a much bigger enterprise

This makes me sad. I know I need to get over my resentment that Team Arrow has grown and is bigger than just OTA now, but.... I'm not there quite yet. 

I do like that MG says it's a group that Oliver has surrounded himself with, as opposed to making it sound like Oliver's part of the group. If that make sense. I just mean that it sets Oliver up as leader of the team. I hope that indicates that we're back to focus on the Arrow (or Green Arrow) instead of a bunch of masked heroes.

ETA: I do think the new lair looks very cool. 

Edited by bethy
  • Love 10

I like the new set. I do wonder where it'll be. Must be a lower level at Palmer tech. They can hide in the open there and have it built quite quickly as they return from their vacation. Makes it easier for Felicity to do her day and night job.

Edited by tarotx

But who are all those chairs for?

Probably Oliver, Felicity,Diggle,Laurel, Thea, members of Team Flash, Mr Terrific(Whenever he joins the team), and others like Quentin, Nyssa, Sara, Malcolm

Edited by jay741982

Diggle's getting a codename?! PRAISE! Finally. I'm so happy about this. 

Yep. I've already seen people complaining about her being the only one in there. 

That's so pathetic! It's a goddamn picture ffs. Wow. People will moan about anything if it doesn't include their fave.

• Love 1

The writers are calling it Arrow Bunker, which gives me the sense that it is underground. But then there are windows on the left, so I'm confused now. I like it. I mean, I hate the idea that they need that much space because it just reminds me there are more freakin' masks running around, but I like how kind of tech-y it looks. It's almost Bond-esque, especially with the Porsche and the motorcyle. And I agree with what some of the folks here said about Felicity designing this. I can't see anybody else putting this together. You can't tell me Thea and Laurel did it; I'm not gonna buy that. Maybe Diggle, sure, with input from Felicity.

• Love 4

Yeah, it definitely looks like Felicity designed it, or someone designed it with Felicity's role heavily in mind.  She's got a raised platform and a good sight line to all the other little areas.  

I wonder if the workout area will have room for Oliver to bring in a giant tire that he can repeatedly hit with a sledgehammer.  That remains, to this day, my favorite of the random workouts we've seen him doing.

• Love 9

It's possible the new Arrow Bunker might be located beneath wherever Oliver and Felicity will be living in Season 4. 

At City of Heroes, David Ramsey had this to say about the new lair --

tumblr_nt36wbUi7B1qazmsxo1_540.png

https://twitter.com/ah_maa_zing/status/599529996756066304

He could just have been speculating, but. Fingers crossed.

Queen Mansion? Yes, i know it burned down, so did Wayne Manor in Batman Begins and yet he rebuild it with a new and improved Batman cave. We know how much these eps like Batman SL's

Or maybe Merlyn Mansion? All i know is i hope the new lair is far away from Palmer Tech 

I'm thinking the new lair may be the twist involving Felicity. Maybe this is her way of helping Diggle's Team from afar.

you took the thought right out of my head! :)

I bet this has been something FS has been working on for months since they peaced out to find themselves. That's gonna be her big surprise. I honestly hope its located under somewhere cool and not just predictable like Palmer Tech.

I absolutely love the new set. Its so sexy secret agency. I am impressed. I will miss the old lair, but that was getting too crowded. And this one has room to move around in. Secret convos & flirty moments.

And I'm with @Yellowfred the definitely need to find a way to bring the tire back in. Because that was randomest & oddly attractive work-out I've seen. With all of SA's muscle up challenges, I have 100% faith that Sally will be back in her revered spot in the work-out room.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

The windows could be some sort of artificial lighting made to look like windows. I don't know. Bunker just sounds like underground to me.

Well the windows are quite high up so maybe they're at ground level but most of the room is underground.

• Love 1

Felicity doodling designs for the new Arrow bunker as well as the new Arrow suit and its accoutrements make sense given what Stephen and Marc have teased at SDCC about Felicity feeling the antsier of the two.

But I'd also like to hear a discussion between Oliver and Felicity regarding what a return to vigilante-ing means for them as a couple. After all, the last time Oliver wore the hood, he was saying he couldn't be a vigilante or Oliver Queen. He's since become "something else," sure and he and Felicity have spent 5 months getting closer and presumably learning to trust in their relationship, but I still want to see concerns raised and articulated.

• Love 4

Felicity doodling designs for the new Arrow bunker as well as the new Arrow suit and its accoutrements make sense given what Stephen and Marc have teased at SDCC about Felicity feeling the antsier of the two.

But I'd also like to hear a discussion between Oliver and Felicity regarding what a return to vigilante-ing means for them as a couple. After all, the last time Oliver wore the hood, he was saying he couldn't be a vigilante or Oliver Queen. He's since become "something else," sure and he and Felicity have spent 5 months getting closer and presumably learning to trust in their relationship, but I still want to see concerns raised and articulated.

I'd like to see this too. Oliver in the past has been the king of compartmentalization and I would really love to see him acknowledge that he can be a whole person, not two halves struggling against each other. That his goals as a person and as a vigilante are not separate, but inextricably linked to the man he is trying to be, both for himself and for Felicity. Not sure this makes any sense. It made sense in my head…

I loved the new lair too!

• Love 1

It seemed to me that those windows on the side are are not so much to outside as to another section of wherever they are.  Like another section of below ground if that's what it is.

But who are all those chairs for?

All the new superheros to come. Look at the row of mannikins for all their suits.

It made my heart sink.  I liked it when it was Oliver and Diggle leaning over Felicity as she found something on her computers, or Felicity just looking up at Oliver on his bars working out. This looks like a corporate headquarters. I knew it was a bad idea for Felicity to go to work for Ray Palmer.

“One of the fun things about this lair is that as opposed to one big space, where everyone would congregate, it’s now a much larger space divided up into smaller spaces,” he continues. “There is an area for Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] to work, there is an area for Oliver to work out, and there is a garage.

If Felicity's work station is in the centre of the room, and Oliver's work-out area is to the side around the corner, how is she going to watch while he's working out on Sally?  (pouts)

It reminds me of the War Room set up in Babylon 5.

Oooh, I miss the War Room.  I hope they have the same kind of high-tech graphics in this one.

• Love 2

If Felicity's work station is in the centre of the room, and Oliver's work-out area is to the side around the corner, how is she going to watch while he's working out on Sally?

Mini cams?  Or maybe since she's getting a better private show at home she's less worried about the public one.  Nah.  She's not done with the public show either. So... Mini cams.  She's watching...for science.   

• Love 3

Note the partial view of the three monitors on the far left side of the pic of the Arrow Bunker.  It looks like the Flash in the top monitor, a woman with white hair(?) in the middle monitor, and a city in the third monitor.  Maybe TA will be monitoring Central City and wherever LoT is located, as well as Star(ling) City, from their new lair.

arrowlair.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Question: Is that Oliver's bike? Or Laurel's new bike?  Or are there two bikes there? 

And where's the black van that Diggle drives?  What about Thea's mode of transport?

Edited by tv echo

Since this is just a concept drawing, I don't think that the car/bike belongs to a specific person. I think it's just there to show that this place has a garage.

And to give us hope that season four will include more motorcycle stunts :)

• Love 1

Just no jousting.

I know that scene was completely ridiculous, silly and unrealistic, and I'm the only one who seems to have loved it, but, come on, THEY WERE DOING MOTORCYCLE JOUSTING! MOTORCYCLE JOUSTING!

But since I'm in the minority here, we probably won't be seeing that particular stunt again.

• Love 5

Does anyone other than me remember the videogame Joust? Back when you had to go to an arcade for the good games? Just me then? Okay.

(Hated the motorcycle jousting with a passion.)

Joust was on my list of favorite games, mostly because I could without any skill or ability at all survive long enough to feel like I hadn't wasted my quarter. Ah, Friday nights with the family at the local pizza place.  Dig-Dug, Joust, Ms. Packman. Q*bert.  Good times.  Good times. 

Since this is just a concept drawing, I don't think that the car/bike belongs to a specific person. I think it's just there to show that this place has a garage.

It looks pretty but really if we are talking practicality, the garage space is WAY too small and the exhaust fumes would be awful. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

cbenyon asked:

Hey Marc. We haven't got any Billy Joel song titles for season 4. Episodes 1-5 please?

1) You’re My Home

2) Got To Begin Again

3) I Go To Extremes

4) Great Suburban Showdown

5) Tie (between five joke pitches):  Modern Woman, Only the Good Die Young, She’s Always a Woman, She’s Right on Time, That’s Not Her Style

So, Sara's definitely back in 4x05.

eriklovesall asked:

Marc when Sara comes back to life will laurel and Sara have a showdown or will they fight together as the Canary Sisters

We can’t do both?

LOL, no thank you. 

smoakd asked:

Hi Marc! I have 2 questions. 1) Will Felicity get a codename too? Because I think it’s irresponsible for her not to have one considering the team would say her name out loud in the field which is… again, irresponsible. 2) We’ve seen Felicity be 100% supportive of Oliver in his time of need. But will we see Oliver reciprocate in S4? Because I feel like there needs to be a balance between the two :) Thank you! And I hope you have a lovely day :)

I think Ep. 402 will make you smile.

Here's hoping!

I think Caity is already back in Vancouver.

She is, that's why we were discussing which episode she was brought back in (she was there last week and is back again now). But it seems like based on MG's answer, it's 4x05, not 4x03. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Constantine is also there earlier it seems. Maybe due to the filming schedule, those two are filming scenes earlier. Or maybe there is some heavy stunt work and CL needs to prep with KC's double. 

• Love 2
eriklovesall asked:

Marc when Sara comes back to life will laurel and Sara have a showdown or will they fight together as the Canary Sisters
We can’t do both?

What difference would it make if we saw CL fighting KC's stunt double or fighting next to KC's stunt double? 

• Love 2

Last season especially they had a lot of cliffhangers where they introduced the next episode at the end. Maybe we see Sara's resurrection at the end of 404? Or maybe just the start of her resurrection, which would explain why CL is there early? 

Edited by Angel12d

Last season especially they had a lot of cliffhangers where they introduced the next episode at the end. Maybe we see Sara's resurrection at the end of 404? Or maybe just the start of her resurrection, which would explain why CL is there early? 

Not sure. She was in Vancouver last week too, when they were shooting 4x03.

I wonder if they will avoid both Oracle and Watchtower for Felicity's codename.  (Probably DC wouldn't release Oracle to them anyway.)  One of the fanfics (For Bluer Skies, I think) has Sara calling Felicity "Bug" because of her tech stuff.

I'd like her to have a strong name indicating the importance of her role on the Team even though she doesn't wear a mask. Something like Quiver?

What difference would it make if we saw CL fighting KC's stunt double or fighting next to KC's stunt double? 

Just because he asked the question, I have the feeling he'd like to see Sara beating up Laurel stunt double.  Otherwise, wouldn't you just assume they would end up fighting together?

The Canary Sisters sounds like a band.

Like The Banger Sisters?

I made a joke of it in the Public Media thread but it's possible that CL isn't in town to film but rather to move into her apartment or something.  

If CL is in Vancouver to film (and I think one of the paps confirmed that she filmed 1 day for 403) then she could be Ghost/Hallucination/Flashback/Deadbody/Nightmare Sara while the actual resurrection is the cliffy for 404 into 405 or the resurrection doesn't actually happen until 405.  

I actually assumed that they would reuse the LP scene from the LoT promo to show Sara's resurrection on Arrow.  So, i wonder if they'll actually refilm that scene or just add Nyssa/Laurel/MM etc to the CL scenes already filmed?