Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The sex scene looks hot but, as no one has said it, I will: Real or Oliver's imagination (possibly brought on by some LoS nonsense ritual he undergoes)? If it's real, I will at least seek out the scene on youtube, which is more than I can say for the rest of the dreck this show has produced in season 3.

How can the writers screw it up? Felicity cheats on Ray? They're interrupted before they can get properly started? Oliver can't perform?

Also, is that the scene Stephen Amell says is his favourite ever? Might want to be a little more circumspect there, Mr. Married Man.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 2
(edited)

If Ra's arranges an Olicity wedding, Diggle has to give up his title of biggest Olicity shipper.

Given MG track record, maybe Felicity is Oliver's gift for accepting the new position. Ra's is a romantic at heart who believes Oliver will fight better with his love at his side so he asks Felicity to stay with Oliver in Nanda.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2
(edited)

The sex scene looks hot but, as no one has said it, I will: Real or Oliver's imagination (possibly brought on by some LoS nonsense ritual he undergoes)? If it's real, I will at least seek out the scene on youtube, which is more than I can say for the rest of the dreck this show has produced in season 3.

How can the writers screw it up? Felicity cheats on Ray? They're interrupted before they can get properly started? Oliver can't perform?

Also, is that the scene Stephen Amell says is his favourite ever? Might want to be a little more circumspect there, Mr. Married Man.

No. His favorite scene is on a jet in 3.20.  They aren't on a jet.  Nor do we know which episode this takes place in. Promo is for the next 5 eps. 

ETA: It must be 3.20 at the latest.  He got his hair cut in 3.21 IIRC.

Edited by Sunshine

Roy - and CH's portrayal - is breaking my heart. 

the high five is priceless.

I think the 'marriage' will actually be Oliver and someone not named Felicity - maybe Nyssa?  If he and Felicity get married, I can't imagine the reasoning at this point, rushed, on a plane, her mother not with her... Would Oliver being married somehow save him from Ra's?

Not much Diggle in that clip. Why is that?

I'm enjoying Thea's story very much.

No clue where Malcolm stands, to be honest. He's the wildcard.

If the woman is a priestess of some sort, how much of the LoA story are we going to end up seeing? There's only 5 eps left and that's not the story I want to spend time on.  Have we ever heard about Nyssa's mother?

• Love 4

Haha.  No, he's a wise man.  He said that his favorite scene takes place on a jet in episode 3x20.  

(edited)

All the wedding hints with Felicity are a red herring to me. I could see the bad for Olicity being Oliver married to a LOA member. But they better not consumate the marriage!

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

I'm completely mezmerized by Felicity caressing Oliver's chest (while she's straddling him?) and Oliver's hands on her hips. Sorry to take it to that level, but Jesus. I am so ready.

• Love 18

I'm completely mezmerized by Felicity caressing Oliver's chest (while she's straddling him?) and Oliver's hands on her hips. Sorry to take it to that level, but Jesus. I am so ready.

I'm currently at work completely distracted thinking about Felicity touching Oliver's chest. Why can't I get tumblr at work and its the one picture I can't see uptheard! Grrr

Also, this totally explains why Stephen was randomly talking about EBR having the bullet scar makeup put on at one of his latest con appearances. Hee.

Yeah, I think I posted something about that a while back because it seemed...odd that SA was mentioning at Paley Fest that if Emily is ever showing off her shoulder, they have to put a scar on there from her bullet wound.  Like, was he trying to give us a hint or something?

IF an Oliver/Felicity marriage happens, I can totally see it being Felicity's idea.

I guess I shouldn't have said "rushing it" since really, this has been like 2.5 years in the making.  I mean to say that I'm not happy with the fact that we're going straight from a Ray breakup (presumably) to Olicity sex in the very next episode.  Like, the writers should have broken Ray and Felicity up earlier this season and waited at least a few episodes before having Felicity jump Oliver.  I mean, I'll take what I can get, but this pacing is sort of awful.

Haha.  So, is this our marriage consummation scene, then?  Could be.

Same. I feel like Oliver/Felicity and the fans earned the scene but the timing is all wrong because they writers decided that a love triangle/artificial angst was the way to go all season.

• Love 7

Given that I was about to head back into this thread to explain my bouquet theory that the upcoming wedding/marriage actually could be Oliver/Felicity, I'm going with this isn't a dream sequence.  (Also, this seems to have been cut from an at least three minute scene from when Felicity first enters the room, which is longer than Arrow's previous dream sequences.)

So, Felicity/Ray breakup is 319.

Airplane scene is 320.

If I recall correctly, 321 supposedly didn't have anything that Oliver/Felicity shippers would get upset or excited about.

Meaning the Oliver/Felicity sex scene is probably 320, possibly 322.  322 fits Arrow's more usual pattern, and I believe that they would have footage at this point; other hints suggest 320.

To answer the question of "How can they screw this up," oh, let's not give them too many ideas, ok?  

• Love 6

Maybe the sex scene will come at a dire time? Like let's do it because we might not be able to do it again? I think that's the only reason why they would rush this... Other than the fact that this is Arrow lmao

• Love 7
(edited)

Given that I was about to head back into this thread to explain my bouquet theory that the upcoming wedding/marriage actually could be Oliver/Felicity, I'm going with this isn't a dream sequence.  (Also, this seems to have been cut from an at least three minute scene from when Felicity first enters the room, which is longer than Arrow's previous dream sequences.)

So, Felicity/Ray breakup is 319.

Airplane scene is 320.

If I recall correctly, 321 supposedly didn't have anything that Oliver/Felicity shippers would get upset or excited about.

Meaning the Oliver/Felicity sex scene is probably 320, possibly 322.  322 fits Arrow's more usual pattern, and I believe that they would have footage at this point; other hints suggest 320.

To answer the question of "How can they screw this up," oh, let's not give them too many ideas, ok?  

I'm thinking it's 320 but could be 321.  I don't really know anything about 321 at this point other than Oliver shaved his head and is full is with Ra's.

Feel free to explain your bouquet theory

Edited by Morrigan2575

I got my cray crack theory going for an O/F wedding in the Arrowplane to NP because of Felicity catching the bouquet, leaving it at the lair (we never once saw her with it in a scene with Ray) and then Diggle mentioning that he and Lyla had their first wedding in an ATV.

It's probs gonna be Oliver and an al Ghul lady though because I can't have crazy, nice things.

• Love 6

I do have to say, though...it is quite cruel of them to have Felicity wearing glasses during the love scene.  Like, Oliver takes her glasses off and then she's not going to be able to see a damn thing INCLUDING HIS GORGEOUS BODY.  This does not seem fair.

I do have to say, though...it is quite cruel of them to have Felicity wearing glasses during the love scene. Like, Oliver takes her glasses off and then she's not going to be able to see a damn thing INCLUDING HIS GORGEOUS BODY. This does not seem fair.

She could be nearsighted. I wear glasses and I can see up close and personal action crystal clear without them.

• Love 9
(edited)

This comes off as being rushed because it probably has to be to fit into the plot. I would not put it past these showrunners to have them sleep together because Oliver is going to be forced to either A) sever ties with his old life and everyone in it or B) enter into an arranged marriage due to his new position in the LOA.

ETA: This theory would also fit into MG's explanation that 3x20 will be both good and bad for Olicity.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

You know we're not actually sure what she needs it for. I generally only wear mine for headaches or looking at a computer/laptop screen for too long. She might be the same.

20-20 in all it's glory is what she's experiencing.

(edited)

Quarks, what's your theory? (Please not spousal privilege, especially bc that seems irrelevant to an LOA member). I'd be very shocked if they got married in S3, but you have good theories.

"This comes off as being rushed because it probably has to be to fit into the plot. I would not put it past these showrunners to have them sleep together because Oliver is going to be forced to either A) sever ties with his old life and everyone in it or B) enter into an arranged marriage due to his new position in the LOA."

I think that's very likely. It seemed pretty clear that Sara and Maseo weren't supposed to have contact with their families. I don't know how big Ra's is on marriage, but we really don't know much about this version of the LOA. On the plus side, we know very well the show won't actually keep Oliver and Felicity physically apart for long, so this will be a big step forward in their relationship after this LOA crap is over.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

Ugh, Oliver has to get branded? Damn.

Still twitterpated about him taking off Felicity's glasses, haha

Yet another thing for the make-up department to keep track of... gosh they're earning their paychecks this season.

BUT HOLY @(@((#*#* that Asian promo, hot damn didn't think they would show that much sizzle!! And then to release it on TVline as well. I feel like somebody hit the panic button at CW Arrow. Maybe they got the hint that Arrow was losing some of its heat... But not after that.

• Love 1

Maybe the sex scene will come at a dire time? Like let's do it because we might not be able to do it again?

I was thinking that pretty much, Roy dies and it drives the point home for Oliver not the he kills everyone who decides to associate with him, but that "the life that he leads" means he needs to LIVE why the living is going on.

I got my cray crack theory going for an O/F wedding in the Arrowplane to NP because of Felicity catching the bouquet, leaving it at the lair (we never once saw her with it in a scene with Ray) and then Diggle mentioning that he and Lyla had their first wedding in an ATV.

It's probs gonna be Oliver and an al Ghul lady though because I can't have crazy, nice things.

"Ask me on the airplane."

It's totally cray but I'm all for it as a crack theory. The show's done a lot crazier things.

• Love 1

Is that real? Is that real?!!!!!

Haha, yes

Are we sure its not a belated April fools day release?? J.K. it looks pretty official, but so glad they released it after 4/1.

(edited)

About 3x20 being both extremely good and extremely bad for Olicity.  I guess it's now clear that the extremely good is the Olicity sex (and maybe an expression of feelings on the jet?).  Unfortunately, I agree that the extremely bad could be, not just separation because Oliver is becoming the new Ra's, but also Oliver's marriage to that strange LOA woman (priestess?) as part of some prescribed or prophesied new Ra's requirement.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I think the release of this promo sort of torpedoes the Oliver/Felicity quickie wedding idea.

More likely, Oliver will be forced into an arranged marriage with another LoA member. Was the woman at the end of the trailer (I know. It took me awhile to get there, too) the same woman who was training earlier in NP?

Why do I get the feeling she's the future Mrs. Al Saheem?

Knowing this show, Felicity will wake up alone in the morning, while Oliver's gone off to do something stupid or suicidal.  

I don't care.  Just as long as it's not a dream either one is having.

Poor Roy. He's a good kid.

• Love 2

I'm loving all of your theories, but I don't want it to be an O/F wedding. I feel like it would be the beginning of the end. :/

I think they've proved they have no idea how to write relationships.  If Oliver and Felicity did get married, they could just MOVE ON and write their stories and not have to invent external conflict.

• Love 3
(edited)

Doesn't matter, there isn't much better reason for an annulment than that Ra's al Ghul made you get married. Annulment in 3.23. If an LOA ceremonial wedding is even at all valid anywhere else, which I doubt.

Ray being on Oliver's side could really help him. I'm thinking he and Nyssa team up v. Ra's/virus in SC that he helps minimize or prevent, and cops stand down again.

Please, please don't drag this LOA crap into S4.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

"Theory" was not quite the right word.

Because television audiences now associate the bouquet with the next person to get married, bouquet scenes are usually edited out at script level -  unless the showrunners know which character will be getting married next, and want to indicate that. See Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a recent example, which deliberately did not include a bouquet scene.  (Movies, which don't have to deal with this, can leave the bouquet in.)  Arrow went way out of its way to emphasize the bouquet, indicating that Felicity would be married next - and not just in the episode, but in the teasers and in Guggenheim's Tumblr. After last night's episode, she's not marrying Ray. That pretty much leaves Oliver.

Unless it's a big red herring. Or, with this show, a big green herring. Arrow loves to be misleading, so there's a strong possibility of that too. 

• Love 2

I saw Thea in a hood in that promo!  I am deeply concerned about Roy in prison though.  Please no, please no, please - don't kill Roy!

Did it sound like Oliver said Roy al shaihim (can't remember how to spell it)? I mean I was a little flustered during most of that sizzle reel, but could it be that he gets to choose part of his own name and he chooses to honor Roy?? It didn't sound like Ras. I hope so only if it means that Roy is not dead, he could still be honoring his jail sacrifice. I want Roy alive... Please don't kill Roy.

Also Im dying to know who that woman is as well. Maybe Nyssa's sister, Thalia? If so I hope that has no bearing on the trolled wedding/marriage. But with MG, you get an ounce of good usually with a pound of bad.

No, poor Roy. Maybe he doesn't die? Maybe he gets stabbed but is just put in critical condition and the close call is what makes Oliver decide to take the offer? I really thought that maybe with Roy in prison, he'd be safe. DARN YOU, SHOW. NOW I'M GONNA SPEND THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS WORRYING ABOUT ROY.

The Olicity sex scene? Looks hot. My god. But yeah, please no Olicity wedding. If anything is too soon, it's that. I agree that it's probably Oliver marrying a member of the League. It's probably tradition, or whatever. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think they've proved they have no idea how to write relationships.  If Oliver and Felicity did get married, they could just MOVE ON and write their stories and not have to invent external conflict.

That's true, but since I don't trust these writers to make a decision with some sense, I feel like if that happened it would be their way of saying "There, we made it all" and then they'd start to destroy them. But I'm not going to focus on that and just enjoy the happy feelings of these two crazy kids :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sorry, can I just say how I love that Felicity's on top? You take that control, woman! :') 

Also, yep, I don't think Oliver is marrying Felicity. I think he's marrying a person in the league, maybe not even Nyssa. Can't wait to find out!

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

As did I, I still mostly like Ray though, despite the hot mess of hash of his character. I think Routh is adorable and charming, and if they'd just allowed him to BE that, we'd all be enjoying this a lot more. 

I find BR to either be adorkable or charming. Except his charming is usually creepy and over the top which makes me not trust him. He becomes too insincere and it makes me put my guard up. I think they overwrote his charm and underplayed his adorkable. Ray Palmer as they wrote him this season was neither adorkable or genuinely charming. He had moments, the helicopter scene is a good example. But other than that, he just felt a little too perfect and up to something bad. I wish they write him more to his adorkable interview personality rather than to his acting strengths which seem to be swarmy charming good guy who's actually bad..

• Love 1

I think the release of this promo sort of torpedoes the Oliver/Felicity quickie wedding idea.

More likely, Oliver will be forced into an arranged marriage with another LoA member. Was the woman at the end of the trailer (I know. It took me awhile to get there, too) the same woman who was training earlier in NP?

Why do I get the feeling she's the future Mrs. Al Saheem?

If that is the same woman Ra's was talking to in NP, they've aged her up. That girl was Talibah, who was introduced in the 2.5 comics (she was brought to NP by Sara and Nyssa IIRC) and she's 17/18ish. If they have Oliver marry someone in some kind of League ritual, I hope she's older.

Oliver's in Ray's office and Ray says, "Team up? High five!" and then high fives a very exasperated Oliver, haha

I personally think they waited too long to bring Oliver & Ray together. Their energies are completely different on the screen and I can only imagine how hilarious some of the scenes might have been... As much as I'm excited for what is coming up, I can't help but scratch my head and wonder what could have been if they had changed up some simple things, nixed the R/O antagonist set-up, improved the pacing and not dragged everything out to a ridiculous point. I mean we know they can give us what we want, I have no idea why they are so hesitant to let us have some of what we want before episodes in the 20 or late teens.

• Love 5