Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

My bad - I thought it was a subway or bus station. FYI, according to the book, Arrow: Oliver Queen's Dossier, here were the active newspapers (print, online) during the first three seasons of Arrow...

Starling City Sentinel
Starling Business News
The Starling City Star
The Starling City Observer
The Starling Informer.com

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Human Target as Tommy as Green Arrow makes sense. Tommy died at the same time Malcolm was outed as the Dark Archer trying to destroy the Glades.  Oliver being in contact with him and trusting him makes sense because he was his best friend.  Now, will Laurel still have to take the stand?  If so, this might be the point she splits with Diaz.  Tommy was her boyfriend at the time so it might also make sense to the casual onlooker (and jury) why she became BC.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She's testifying in the promo - I'm guessing her testimony will be interrupted before she can answer who the Green Arrow is all dramatic like.

Oh thank God, I thought this show was going to be dumb enough to make her the prosecutor as part of 3Ds big plan. 

So I'm watching TVLine live q&a and Matt had some small spoilers. He said he was on set for next weeks ep, and EBR told him Felicity comes up with some plans to help Oliver out, bc things aren't looking good. Now I know she does something in ep 22, but I'm also hoping HT as Tommy is her doing. I just want them to let Felicity be Felicity.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

He said he was on set for next weeks ep, and EBR told him Felicity comes up with some plans to help Oliver out, bc things aren't looking good.

I'm going to go with 621 if they were on set for filming that episode, although plans plural might just mean both episodes.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think this confirms that you're right:

He does realize that he's implying he then slept with his sisters?  Maybe the Queencest fans have a shot too.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

So I'm watching TVLine live q&a and Matt had some small spoilers. He said he was on set for next weeks ep, and EBR told him Felicity comes up with some plans to help Oliver out, bc things aren't looking good. Now I know she does something in ep 22, but I'm also hoping HT as Tommy is her doing. I just want them to let Felicity be Felicity.

I really hope so. The Felicity who schemed to sneak Oliver out of Nanda Parbat, put on the Atom suit, and joined up with Helix would not sit and wring her hands while her husband was facing life in prison. I know the show isn't writing to character this season, but this is what an in-character Felicity would do.

• Love 21

TVLine was live.
April 27, 2018  
#AskAusielloLive

-- Matt Mitovich (when asked for Olicity scoop): "Well, you know, since the last time we did one of these little tv show things on - on the Facebook, I've been to Vancouver... I was on the Arrow set for next week's episode, which is the big courtroom trial... I did get some time with Emily Bett at the Arrow set. (Michael Ausiello interjected, "You did a Q&A with her.")  Yeah, yeah. We weren't sure because she was so busy that day, 'cause they were doing the courtroom scenes - it was just a lot of sitting around, but still they're needed. But she was a real champ and she made time for me. So she said that, uh, you know, going into the trial next week, things are not looking good for Oliver, so she said that they - Felicity's cooking up a Plan B, and maybe a Plan C, in case things go terribly sideways. And that might be where Mr. Colin Donnell shows in, we'll see... The cast was really excited about it. Colin Donnell was about the arrive the day I was there, to shoot his big return scene, his encore, so they were really jazzed." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Um. Wouldn't Felicity have spousal immunity? Never mind, forgot this was Arrow for a second there. ?

So does "Tommy" get handcuffed and taken away because he's GA and the newbies with Spartan break him out? 

So it looks like "Tommy" pops in while Oliver takes the stand. So I wonder if Laurel goes through with her statement then they call him up. Seems like she may be a "surprise" witness.

Unfortunately the GA costume doesnt do justice to CD like it does with SA. 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

ARR621B_0058b.thumb.jpg.cf9f2a482befe305af78cb71ee67ee7b.jpg

Why is the guy in the glasses in the middle of everyone? I feel like this photo is kind of telling me I should know who he is even though we've never seen him before?

He’s definitely someone with awful fashion sense and a terrible haircut. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why is the guy in the glasses in the middle of everyone? I feel like this photo is kind of telling me I should know who he is even though we've never seen him before?

I think he's just an extra sitting in the row behind the newbies but the angle of it makes it look like he's in the middle of everyone. 

On that note though, ew f*ck off, newbies.

Edited by Guest
31 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The dark brown hair the glasses he must be Superman!

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Um. Wouldn't Felicity have spousal immunity? Never mind, forgot this was Arrow for a second there. ?

Spousal immunity only covers privileged communication between husband and wife, not things a wife might have witnessed. Also (I believe) only applies to the length of marriage. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This picture makes me a little ragey. Aside from Felicity none of these people give a shit about Oliver as they've demonstrated, so don't turn up to his hearing. 

• Love 18

In some jurisdictions, there's also a testimonial privilege that permits a spouse not to testify at all. Star City appears not to be one of them, based on the fact that Felicity's on the stand (although the testimonial privilege would apply in federal court in Star City). Also, if I were the prosecutor, I'd argue that Felicity should be compelled to testify due to her own role on Team Arrow, since the communications privilege doesn't apply to conversations about planning to commit a crime. But I doubt the show is going to go the co-conspirator route, so it probably won't happen that way. I assume Jean Loring will call Felicity as a character witness, but that opens her up to cross-examination, so I'm still surprised to see Felicity on the witness stand. I'm already bracing myself for all the feels she and Oliver are going to cause me while she's testifying.

On another note, I am so irritated seeing the newbies there. After the past few weeks, they have no right to even be in Oliver and Felicity's general vicinity.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

This picture makes me a little ragey. Aside from Felicity none of these people give a shit about Oliver as they've demonstrated, so don't turn up to his hearing. 

Is is possible that Felicity makes them be present so no one can accuse them of being the GA or in cahoots with HT/Tommy?  FBI lady did have that suspect board and obviously if Rene can teatify that Oliver is GA they must know he's Wild Dog?

• Love 2

Since there are pics of Dinah and Rene on the stand it doesn't look like they're there for Oliver and Felicity but because they'd been called as witnesses. I would have preferred them on the other side of the courtroom, the hypocritical ingrates.

• Love 6

Is is possible that Felicity makes them be present so no one can accuse them of being the GA or in cahoots with HT/Tommy?  FBI lady did have that suspect board and obviously if Rene can teatify that Oliver is GA they must know he's Wild Dog?

Maybe so. I'll definitely feel better if Felicity gets to use her loud voice on them.

ETA: Even TVLine is snarking on the newbies being there.

Elsewhere in the new photos, Oliver and his wife Felicity take the stand, as do his former teammates Dinah and Rene (to say nothing but the nicest things, we’re sure).

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Since there are pics of Dinah and Rene on the stand it doesn't look like they're there for Oliver and Felicity but because they'd been called as witnesses. I would have preferred them on the other side of the courtroom, the hypocritical ingrates.

That's my guess as well. These assholes would never support Oliver. They're there to support themselves and gloat. I hate them so much. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

So sad that Dig is one of the ones you are talking about. I HATE what the Writers are Doing 

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Maybe so. I'll definitely feel better if Felicity gets to use her loud voice on them.

ETA: Even TVLine is snarking on the newbies being there.

If she does and we have to listen to Rene get rude with her again I hope she rips him a new one 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

That's my guess as well. These assholes would never support Oliver. They're there to support themselves and gloat. I hate them so much. 

Honestly, I'd hate it even more if they suddenly started supporting Oliver without adequate reason.  This way I can hate them without conflict.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

So sad that Dig is one of the ones you are talking about. I HATE what the Writers are Doing 

If she does and we have to listen to Rene get rude with her again I hope she rips him a new one 

She'd probably apologize to Rene for standing in the way of his bullet and yelling at him for trying to send her husband to jail...so selfish.

• Love 2
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

She'd probably apologize to Rene for standing in the way of his bullet and yelling at him for trying to send her husband to jail...so selfish.

Sad thing is with these writers....

• Love 1

How in god's name do the writers expect the audience to buy an OTA/NTA reunion if they have Dinah and Rene testifying against Oliver? I know the Arrow writing staff is completely tone deaf, but this would take it to a whole other level of delusion. 

• Love 1

I was thinking about this yesterday... Killing Quentin or otherwise having him leave the show at the end of this season would make sense in terms of Oliver's journey. 

For the first five years, Oliver has been largely set in his role as a son. First, he was the bio son of Robert Queen, and he was fulfilling his father's wishes, atoning for his father's sins, etc. Then Oliver had a series of father figures (arguably) - Malcolm Merlyn, Ra's al Ghul (kinda), Quentin, and even Anatoly. Now Malcolm is gone and Ra's is gone. If both Quentin and Anatoly are gone (either killed or leave the show), then Oliver will have no father figures remaining.

For the past two years, Oliver has been transitioning toward becoming a father and father figure himself - with the introduction of his bio son, William, into his life, and then with the introduction of the newbies who he mentored. He also got married and established a family unit with Felicity.

If all of his own father figures are gone, then in S7, Oliver will be even more firmly set in the role of the "father" on the show, thereby setting up Arrow to showcase even more superhero newbies in the future. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

If all of his own father figures are gone, then in S7, Oliver will be even more firmly set in the role of the "father" on the show, thereby setting up Arrow to showcase even more superhero newbies in the future. 

I get what you are saying but No thank you. I don’t want to have to go through this torture again and again. This was horrible. Hasn’t Arrow been punished enough between doing all the so called pilots and now NTA? Way to ruin the show as well as the ratings. Plus moving it to Thursday.

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 8

More media speculation about CD's return next week...

DC TV Watch: 'Supergirl' Tackles Important (and Relatable) Emotional Issue
APRIL 28, 2018 8:15am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-supergirl-david-harewood-carl-lumbly-father-son-shift-1106310Arrow ...

Miracle save | After Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) successfully took over Star City, one of the first items on his To Do list was revoke Oliver's (Stephen Amell) bail and move up his trial ... to next week's episode. On the one hand, this continued dance with Oliver's trial has gotten a bit too repetitive, but on the other hand, cutting short the wait on Oliver's fate is truly a blessing. Finally paying off this seasons-long story about his public guilt or innocence is what Arrow needs right now. And based on Amell's social media activity and the promo for next week's episode, Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell) is somehow returning to Star City to save Oliver from spending life in prison. The hail mary in Oliver's trial seems to be Tommy breaking into the courtroom wearing the Green Arrow hoodie and unmasking himself, proving Oliver's innocence. But what version of Tommy is this? Logically, it can't be Earth-1/original Tommy, since he very clearly died onscreen in Arrow's season one finale ... unless someone took Tommy's body to a Lazarus Pit some time ago and kept his resurrection a secret all these years. That was actually the popular fan theory back when Prometheus' identity was still a secret, but that reveal ended up being Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) instead. This Tommy could be another Earth's doppelganger like viewers got to see in the Earth-X crossover, but the biggest emotional payoff would be to bring the original Tommy back from the dead for the most impactful reunion yet. And making the resurrected Tommy a hero working to save Oliver from spending life in prison would be even more of a beautiful return than making him a big bad.

Arrow Season 6: About Those Last Few Seconds of the Preview
Posted by Dan Wickline April 27, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/27/arrow-season-6-about-those-last-few-seconds-of-the-preview/

We knew Donnell was making his return as Tommy Merlyn in the episode Docket No. 11-19-41-73, but how he would return is a mystery since Tommy had been dead since the end of season one. So who is that posing as the Green Arrow? It’s a damn fine questions and I have a few thoughts on who it could be.

1. It could be Tommy from Earth-2 that Laurel goes and gets to help Oliver after she realizes that Diaz is a monster.
  2. It’s Christopher Chance (Wil Traval) aka the Human Target done up as Tommy Merlyn to try and save Oliver.
  3. It’s actually Tommy from Earth-1 who is alive because Malcolm found the Lazarus Pits and brought his son back to life, and that’s a set up for season 7.
  4. Oliver has finally lost it and it’s all taking place in his mind…
  5. Felicity has figured out how to build an awesome android or she called on Ray Palmer to grab Tommy out of a earlier time line to help.
  6. Marc Guggenheim has decided that since he’s leaving he can do what he wants and to hell with continuity.

The fact that there really are multiple possibilities and the odds are its going to be something else entirely shows just death has no meaning in these shows.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

As usual, ComicBook pieced out one interview with an actor into a series of separate articles...

David Ramsey Compares Oliver/Diggle Breakup to 'Captain America: Civil War'
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 27, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/27/david-ramsey-compares-oliver-diggle-breakup-to-captain-america-c/

"We talked about this at the beginning of the season -- Marc [Guggenheim], myself, and Wendy [Mericle]," Ramsey told ComicBook.com. "About the breakup between Oliver and Diggle. This was planned from the very beginning of the season. 'How is it done? How do we make it smart?' How do we make it as smart an argument as the Iron Man/Captain America argument, right? Both these guys are right, both these guys are wrong. They both have excellent points. How do we do that? And ARGUS was always a piece of that that was planned to come up later on in the season."

In the same interview, Ramsey described ARGUS as analogous to Marvel's SHIELD: even if it doesn't appear to be there, you know that secretly there is always a part of the organization in the background of the DC Universe, pulling strings.

ARGUS, of course, will be playing a much larger role in Arrow over the next few episodes and apparently into next season. With city government and local law enforcement compromised, an unaccountable federal agency that may or may not technically exist is a valuable ally to have.

Of course, if Oliver does in fact go to jail at the end of the season, as many fans are assuming he will, ARGUS has a certain Task Force that he could presumably join up with to make himself useful saving the city in a whole new context.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

... Arrow filmed a scene at the "Star City Metro" Police Department at Burnaby City Hall. It had Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Jack Moore as William Clayton, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak and Sydelle Noel as FBI Agent Samandra Watson, as well as a handful media, generic FBI & U.S. Marshal members. The scene played out with the FBI leading Oliver out in handcuffs, with awaiting media there. Oliver makes a brief statement, before being hauled away while William & Felicity follow behind. After that scene, which was Emilys last scene of the season, the crew moved to a different part of Burnaby City Hall to film more scenes.

This scene was interesting to me for a couple reasons, since I know in episode 22 Oliver "makes a deal" with the Feds.... so why the big dramatics in ep 23? ...

Later that night, they shot a couple more scenes. Nothing as juicy as that first one. But one was a pretty epic scene for the fact of who was in it. Stephen shot his last scene of the season, with an actor that I do believe is leaving the show permanently based on things I know now. He shot a scene with Paul Blackthorne where Quentin Lance was talking to Diaz while Oliver watched

Also, as a random side detail. I ran into 2 cast from the show at the movies the same night I shot that set. I congratulated them on a season 7, and asked 1 (I was assuming the other would be) of them if he was coming back, and he said "yes". That makes me believe NTA (New Team Arrow... the team name given to Curtis/Mister Terrific, Rene/Wid Dog & Dinah/Black Canary by the fandom for those of you not up to date on all of that.) will be back in season 7 in some capacity.

img-7963_orig.jpg

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

So I wonder if Quentin visits Oliver in the prison as one of their last scenes and does Oliver really go to prison or does he break out. 

Shame they had to kill Amanda Waller off since if Oliver goes to jail, she could've easily scooped him up and added him to her Suicide Squad.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

So I wonder if Quentin visits Oliver in the prison as one of their last scenes and does Oliver really go to prison or does he break out. 

Shame they had to kill Amanda Waller off since if Oliver goes to jail, she could've easily scooped him up and added him to her Suicide Squad.

Since SA was being all emo about Paul ... i think Oliver goes to prison and Quentin still dies. 

• Love 1