Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought it was SA joking between takes rather than Oliver with whoever.

6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Unless Rene was tortured via stretching, I just can't buy that's him. 

Works for me. Frankly any kind of Rene torture works for me.

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Am I reading this wrong? Because it looks like he's saying "you're welcome" to Bamford and Beth Schwartz because they're supposed to express gratitude for all the hard work he's done for his character on their show.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Am I reading this wrong? Because it looks like he's saying "you're welcome" to Bamford and Beth Schwartz because they're supposed to express gratitude for all the hard work he's done for his character on their show.

You’re not reading it wrong. It’s really amazing how much jackassry KA managed to cram in to one tweet.

(Please make him go away, show. Pleaaaaase.)

• Love 21

I saw KA on Law and Order reruns last week playing a cop. In the first episode he only had a few lines and he was okay. In the second part he was supposed to go all tough guy in an interrogation and he was TERRIBLE.  Arrow has done such a good job casting (except for Nable who probably came cheap), I can't believe they would cast KA if they were looking for a villain to carry through two seasons.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, it's either to Bamford and Beth Schwartz or to fans reading it and they're just tagged in the tweet. Either way ... 

I made comments about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm not surprised Wendy is out as I think S6 was her failure. MG has been occupied with other projects all season including LoT.

I wish Beth the best of luck.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

MG has been occupied with other projects all season including LoT.

Is it MG's choice to leave his positions or do we think that he had to leave them? Because he is also taking on that consultant role for LoT.

I can't remember but which episodes was she writing? I just remember she had that funny hashtag about tweets from her mom.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Is it MG's choice to leave his positions or do we think that he had to leave them? Because he is also taking on that consultant role for LoT.

I can't remember but which episodes was she writing? I just remember she had that funny hashtag about tweets from her mom.

I think it's his choice but, I don't think MG is out. I know people here will blame him for everything but, it's kind of obvious that MG has been working on a lot of things (comics, books, sold a movie script. Arrow, LoT, Trolls or Troll Hunters, etc). I think S6 was Wendy's fuck up and that's why she's out. 

With MG it seems that the Berlanti needs/wants him around so this keeps him locked in on a high level while taking the burden off his shoulders.

ETA: to be clear when I say MG isn't out, I mean he isn't being fired or pushed out the way WM was. He's obviously stepping aside from Show Runner duties but, I really do think that's more about him wanting to do other things.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Schwartz

A mixed bag, good ones like 115, 206, and 520, middle ones like 316, 516, and 602, and some frustrating ones like 214, 307, and 419.

I have to admit, I liked most of those episodes. I even liked most of 2x14. 

It feels as though they are really trying to make S6 go away as fast as possible. Hopefully they manage to create a good storyline next season. One way to do that would be to get rid of Diaz as soon as possible and maybe have some of the newbies be more recurring. 

And btw: David Ramsey bringing his mom into it. That's funny.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 12

Yeah, this was obvious since she started doing episode previews. I'm glad WM has gone, it's obvious she just wasn't cut out to be a showrunner. S6 has been a mess. 

I've both loved and disliked some of Beth's episodes but the same goes with pretty much every writer on the show. Fingers crossed she brings in some new ideas and gives good stories to my/our faves! 

10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

4x06, 5x20, 6x09

I seem to recall her saying something about how she wished 6x09 featured much more of Olicity's wedding. (And I hated 2x14 but anyone who wrote that ep must not be a huge Laurel fan so ... I'm ok with that.)

I guess this explains why DR was so excited about BTS changes.

Edited by Trisha

Episodes co-written by WM and/or Beth Schwartz over the past two seasons...

501    Legacy                               MG & WM
502    The Recruits                      Speed Weed & Beth Schwartz
506     So It Begins                      WM & Brian Ford Sullivan
508     Invasion!                           MG & WM    
509     What We Leave Behind    WM & Beth Schwartz
516     Checkmate                       Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff
520     Underneath                      WM & Beth Schwartz
523     Lian Yu                              WM & MG

601    Fallout                               MG & WM
602    Tribute                               MG & Beth Schwartz (story by Adam Schwartz)
607    Thanksgiving                      WM & Speed Weed.
608    Crisis on Earth-X, Pt. 2        Story: MG & AK.  Teleplay: WM & Ben Sokolowski     
609    Irreconcilable Differences   Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff        
612    All for Nothing                    Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama        
616    The Thanatos Guild             Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski    
620    Shifting Allegiances            WM & Rebecca Bellotto
623    Life Sentence                      WM & MG

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Just now, Belinea said:

I have to admit, I liked most of those episodes. I even liked most of 2x14. 

It feels as though they are really trying to make S6 go away as fast as possible. Hopefully they manage to create a good storyline next season. One way to do that would be to get rid of Diaz as soon as possible and maybe have some of the newbies be more recurring. 

For sure, looking through her filmography again I was surprised with how most of her episodes I was either ok or actually really liked. GB saying that she's been a source of a bunch of moments from the show definitely has me intrigued and makes me wonder what she contributed this year/plans to do/if she did any last minute fixes for this season (especially since it looks like she took on some of the duties during this last third of the season)

18 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Not sure but at least he's being gracious about it:

I'm surprised he's also taking a backseat on LoT. Arrow may have been a mess this season but I've never seen LoT get as much critical love as this season just did. I wonder if this has anything to do with Kriesberg fallout?

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I seem to recall her saying something about how she wished 6x09 featured much more of Olicity's wedding. (And I hated 2x14 but anyone who wrote that ep must not be a huge Laurel fan so ... I'm ok with that.)

I guess this explains why DR was so excited about BTS changes.

DR viewing this as a positive change makes me hopeful. 

• Love 4

That wedding tweet of Beth's sure is sending a lot of people into a desperate tailspin, LOL. 

I don't blame the woman for wanting to write a whole episode at a wedding - having your characters at a party instead of doing all the fast-paced life-or-death stuff probably was fun to write! It's not like she wrote that she wanted to write the entire episode about Oliver and Felicity, LOL. Dramatic.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

That wedding tweet of Beth's sure is sending a lot of people into a desperate tailspin, LOL. 

Does this fall into the category: Be careful what you wish for? ;-)

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

DR viewing this as a positive change makes me hopeful. 

I assume this is one of the people SA was referring to as well. If so, the fact that the cast is behind this is a good sign:

How much do we think Reddit is imploding right now?

• Love 2
Just now, Trisha said:

Oh, they are. I took a quick look in there, and it's pretty amusing. I even saw one comment about how her tweet about 609 must've been because of MG or something along those lines. (Didn't read that closely.) 

• Love 1

I think she wrote some good and great episodes but I think we should keep expectations neutral for now. There’s always a chance this could turn into a Stephen Moffatt situation (excellent episodic writer but poor showrunner). 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think she wrote some good and great episodes but I think we should keep expectations neutral for now. 

That's where I'm at right now. Cautiously optimistic but keeping my expectations in the basement.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I hate when they do this because I know I'm not gonna be able to magically look under the pages of a script in a picture just so I can see that last page and read that last sentence better. But I still brightened my laptop to the highest setting and put my face like one inch in front of the screen with the zoom on max. Lol. It goes "****lots of words***, a FEVER PITCH, all of ***a couple more words***, as we -- END OF SEASON SIX." Super unhelpful. Heh.

At the end it's just the initials of the showrunners and 2012-2018. So, that's MGG (Guggenheim), WLM (Wendy) and BMS (Beth).

• Love 5

I  find it interesting that KA @Beth when WM  is the co-writer of the script. He knows what side the bread is buttered.

I always thought of LoT as Phil Klemmer's show. MG was the Berlanti liaison. I don't expect much to change.

• Love 2

The tortured plots that the show has to reach with or without logic might not change since I'm sure executive consultant means MG is right there when they are hashing out the season ahead of time but I don't see any reason to be alarmed at least, lol.  

3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I assume this is one of the people SA was referring to as well. If so, the fact that the cast is behind this is a good sign:

A lot. Especially because they already hated Beth for that wedding tweet ha!

I think for the things I'm most invested in- Oliver's growth, Olicity, Felicity, Diggle OTA, and thanks to this season the William/Queen Family dynamic- Beth has demonstrated through social media and her episode involvement that she's for those things to.  Now it's a matter of is she able to create a compelling consistent and interesting overall plot for the characters and show as a whole.

Im caustious but Im at least not too concerned about her suddenly deciding to kill off Felicity and Diggle and go full comic book accurate or anything like that, she knows the characters, she knows the show, which is more comforting then if they got someone completely new and from the outside. 

• Love 8

Whoa woke up to some interesting news! 

I am cautiously optimistic because the cast seem so happy. I was wondering what was up with SA and DR basically saying S6 sucks so opening! 

DR bringing his mum in to diss the show is just hilarious! He really doesn't care anymore! I'd be nervous if they didn't seem so damn happy about things.

Thing is can they fix whatever mess MG has already planned for S7? We are speculating jail, lost limbs etc. When can Oliver be happy? Will DC continue to force more poultry on the show? 

I will hang on because I won't ever stop watching until EBR leaves the show but I am still highly suspicious.

I liked a lot of WM's episodes so I'm a bit sad she's leaving! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am cautiously optimistic because the cast seem so happy. I was wondering what was up with SA and DR basically saying S6 sucks so opening! 

Speaking of:

• Love 2

She has one credit to her name. I was thinking she was going to be staff writer but maybe it's more of an assistant position.

I saw some "fans" on twitter saying they think this is a sign of Arrow heading towards cancelation but changing Showrunners and shaking up the writers this late, it seems to me the network really wants Arrow to go past S7.

• Love 12
Just now, Chaser said:

I saw some "fans" on twitter saying they think this is a sign of Arrow heading towards cancelation but changing Showrunners and shaking up the writers this late, it seems to me the network really wants Arrow to go past S7.

For sure, especially getting someone young to probably grow in the ranks for a few years just like Beth did. And shaking up writers (which Flash also did and won't be cancelled soon) and showrunners (which Supernatural has done multiple times) means nothing to the CW. From how it looks the CW wants to make this the new Supernatural and is putting it through the same changes that Supernatural went through to keep that core audience that follows it no matter what.

39 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She has one credit to her name. I was thinking she was going to be staff writer but maybe it's more of an assistant position.

I think all Arrowverse shows apart from LOT have now changed showrunners and all have lost at least one (with MG stepping down as "official co") although Supergirl is complicated because of the network switch. I think it's highly likely it goes past S7 since they renegotiated with the cast. 

32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

From how it looks the CW wants to make this the new Supernatural and is putting it through the same changes that Supernatural went through to keep that core audience that follows it no matter what.

Well I hope it doesn't go on quite as long as SPN, though I supposed if SA wanted out and the CW didn't he could hand the title on. 

• Love 1