Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how Tommy would help -- or even how the Human Target can be used. I guess we'll have to know more about the DA's case against Oliver first. I guess HT could pose as witnesses for the prosecution who aren't really going to show up to court (like Roy). Or as someone Oliver has been accused of murdering as GA. Or HT poses as Oliver so he can be two places at once...for reasons? It's all very confusing.

I supposed they could use the HT to do an unmasking of the GA in front of a bunch of people, his hood gets pulled off and everyone clearly sees Tommy Merlyn  and then HT escapes but everyone now is convinced that the Green Arrow was actually TM who had faked his death.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I supposed they could use the HT to do an unmasking of the GA in front of a bunch of people, his hood gets pulled off and everyone clearly sees Tommy Merlyn  and then HT escapes but everyone now is convinced that the Green Arrow was actually TM who had faked his death.  

That's quite brilliant.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe they get this idea from BS's attempt to take Laurel's identity (making the plot actually more relevant) and then question if they should only to ultimately be down with it because it would be showcasing Tommy as a hero. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed the version of Human Target played by Mark Valley (who incidentally showed up as a lawyer in Barry's trial) but I hate the way HT was used in 4x05. I will always and forever bear a grudge that he was the one who pushed Oliver to "move on" and pushing him on to Snoozan.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I enjoyed the version of Human Target played by Mark Valley (who incidentally showed up as a lawyer in Barry's trial) but I hate the way HT was used in 4x05. I will always and forever bear a grudge that he was the one who pushed Oliver to "move on" and pushing him on to Snoozan.

My head canon is that he's not a good guy, and pushing him toward Susan was his first attempt at taking Oliver down - he just didn't count on good 'ol Susie catching the feels and backing off of being a good journalist. 

• Love 2

I wanted to like Human Target, but as soon as he pushed Oliver to Susan, nope.

Plus, they never explained why exactly he had to be used and Oliver couldn't just wear a Kevlar vest, did they? It would've made sense if they'd given him Vince's healing abilities. 

So, yeah, not really looking forward to seeing him again because I'll probably be disappointed? 

• Love 3

Matt from TV Line loses his temper/mood very easily, I've noticed. LOL. Anyway, the Olicity scoop is probably about 618 when Oliver lashes out at Felicity & William, I guess? Although it's nice there is any scoop about them at all!

Just now, Angel12d said:

Anyway, the Olicity scoop is probably about 618 when Oliver lashes out at Felicity & William, I guess?

If it comes out next week I would think so, but if it comes out in two weeks (or "could" come out in two weeks), I'm guessing it would be more about 619/620 especially since 619 says that Felicity goes back to Helix Dynamics because of something Oliver does.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, way2interested said:

TVLine set visits update, plus up in the thread some deleted tweets where he teases some Olicity scoop. 

I don't understand. What did people do that got him so upset? From the tweets I saw people were just excited about their being Olicity scoop 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I don't understand. What did people do that got him so upset? From the tweets I saw people were just excited about their being Olicity scoop 

He really does seem to change moods at the drop of a hat. It's almost impossible to guess what set him off, I've seen him lose it in the comments on TVLine for no apparent reason.

• Love 3

It’s weird. If you search his mentions no one really said anything bad to him.  Someone mentioned that we already know about the fight and the court case, but that can’t be it...can it? I spend a lot of time cringing at how fans talk to ent writers on social (mostly because I have a friend who’s a writer and she gets lots of crap from fans - so much so that’s she’s vowed never to write about WestAllen again unless her editor demands it). But this seems like he’s angry at nothing? Unless the offending tweet’s been deleted.

In any case, I don’t know why people seem convinced that he was hinting at Olicity baby scoop. I don’t see it.

(edited)

I think some of fandom jumped to baby scoop because in the May sweeps scorecard there are two pregnancies listed? IDK why Felicity would be one of them though. Haha. The show seems reluctant to give O/F anything major in this half of the season and baby news would be major. But sometimes fandom just wants to have fun and speculate, especially as 6b has been kinda depressing.

IDK why that ruined his mood though. Weird.

Edited by Guest

Must admit I continue to live in hope for an Olicitot. I don't really think the spoiler is about an Olicitot but it's nice to be delusional and just run with that train of thought until the spoiler comes out! 

He's not a journalist, he's an entertainment writer. Big difference. Huge.

I would consider Maureen Ryan an entertainment journalist because she actually does investigative pieces (such as the Andrew Kreisberg revelation). Mitovich, Ausiello, Abrams, etc. -- they're glorified flacks.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

It’s weird. If you search his mentions no one really said anything bad to him.  Someone mentioned that we already know about the fight and the court case, but that can’t be it...can it? I spend a lot of time cringing at how fans talk to ent writers on social (mostly because I have a friend who’s a writer and she gets lots of crap from fans - so much so that’s she’s vowed never to write about WestAllen again unless her editor demands it). But this seems like he’s angry at nothing? Unless the offending tweet’s been deleted.

In any case, I don’t know why people seem convinced that he was hinting at Olicity baby scoop. I don’t see it.

My only guess is that people took his comment "All in due time" and jumped to "Due date."  It's a huge stretch but if people are looking to be thrilled, they will latch onto anything.  

(edited)

Even if he was annoyed by the wrong speculation that is such a weird pissy hissy fit to throw!

He could just say he's not going to give anything away or ignore them rather than be a pissy drama queen about how it ruined his mood. Yes your mood is so important precious.

Is that the norm these days? It's the exact sort of behaviour we try to weed out of our 5yo.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

He's not a journalist, he's an entertainment writer. Big difference. Huge.

I would consider Maureen Ryan an entertainment journalist because she actually does investigative pieces (such as the Andrew Kreisberg revelation). Mitovich, Ausiello, Abrams, etc. -- they're glorified flacks.

Ouch. I may be too close to this because a few people I went to journalism school with became ent reporters but (though I don’t particularly love those three you mentioned), they can be great and they gift us with good scoops and interviews on the regular. All of those guys mentioned actually do interviews, instead of just reporting on other people’s like a ton of outlets. And on Mo Ryan’s podcast, she often talks about how she wishes other TV writers would take up the mantle of representation/harassment reporting (which wasn’t what she was hired for as a TV critic), but it’s what she’s become known for after her data stories and The 100 controversy. Their job isn’t to be flacks/PR — don’t get me started on this fandom’s PR conspiracy theories — nor are they supposed to be hard-hitting investigators. (Although some outlets suddenly want them to be, which is why EBR’s friend JW was let go from Buzzfeed. But I digress...)

In any case, as much as MM has gotten decent Arrow scoops in the past, an Olicity baby seems like something they’d want to keep under wraps. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I just finished transcribing KC's panel at Dutch Comic Con on April 1 (video posted on page 678 of Social Media thread). It sounds like KC still doesn't know if BS will join Team Arrow or move over to LoT. Also, with respect to CL's crossover in 623, it sounds like either (1) KC is being coy or (2) she doesn't know or (3) BS doesn't meet Sara in that episode...

-- On whether Black Siren will join Team Arrow, KC: "Ooh, I hope so. I feel like that would sort of - you know, she's a bit of a loose cannon. It would sort of mix things up a bit. But who knows? You gotta keep watching."

-- On whether she'd ever want to travel with the Legends, KC: "Yeah! That sounds awesome... I want to travel the world. In all times."

-- On whether Sara and Earth-2 Laurel will ever meet, KC: "Interesting. I've actually brought this up to our showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, because when I was doing research and back story for Black Siren, I specifically asked, 'Is there a world on which Black Siren will meet Sara and/or Laurel Earth-1? And if so, what does that look like?' And he just said, 'Interesting.' Dot, dot, dot. So, I feel like that's more like, stay tuned, and we'll see how that turns out. (Laughs) So I definitely think there's a world in which they play that out, and we'll see what happens. It'd be pretty crazy."

Edited by tv echo
14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I think some of fandom jumped to baby scoop because in the May sweeps scorecard there are two pregnancies listed? IDK why Felicity would be one of them though. Haha. The show seems reluctant to give O/F anything major in this half of the season and baby news would be major. But sometimes fandom just wants to have fun and speculate, especially as 6b has been kinda depressing.

IDK why that ruined his mood though. Weird.

http://tvline.com/2018/04/03/may-sweeps-scorecard-2018-spoilers-deaths-weddings/

23 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I just finished transcribing KC's panel at Dutch Comic Con on April 1 (video posted on page 678 of Social Media thread). It sounds like KC still doesn't know if BS will join Team Arrow or move over to LoT. Also, with respect to CL's crossover in 623, it sounds like either (1) KC is being coy or (2) she doesn't know or (3) BS doesn't meet Sara in that episode...

-- On whether Black Siren will join Team Arrow, KC: "Ooh, I hope so. I feel like that would sort of - you know, she's a bit of a loose cannon. It would sort of mix things up a bit. But who knows? You gotta keep watching."

-- On whether she'd ever want to travel with the Legends, KC: "Yeah! That sounds awesome... I want to travel the world. In all times."

-- On whether Sara and Earth-2 Laurel will ever meet, KC: "Interesting. I've actually brought this up to our showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, because when I was doing research and back story for Black Siren, I specifically asked, 'Is there a world on which Black Siren will meet Sara and/or Laurel Earth-1? And if so, what does that look like?' And he just said, 'Interesting.' Dot, dot, dot. So, I feel like that's more like, stay tuned, and we'll see how that turns out. (Laughs) So I definitely think there's a world in which they play that out, and we'll see what happens. It'd be pretty crazy."

I thought those answers were weird cause they sound exactly like what she gave at SDCC. I would think she would have a better idea now about where they are headed with her character.

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I thought those answers were weird cause they sound exactly like what she gave at SDCC. I would think she would have a better idea now about where they are headed with her character.

I hope it means she knows that BS is leaving and not coming back, but she can’t spoil it. 

• Love 12

Someone posted a BTS video (I think it was JH) showing the newbies sitting behind Felicity, William and Raisa at Oliver's trial and just the sight of them there annoys me. They really are gonna act like they weren't absolute assholes for most of the season. Ugh. 

I am very glad to see Raisa there. This is an instance where sending Thea off hunting for LPs over the globe pays off, since your (my) mind doesn't automatically jump to, why didn't she headback to SC as soon as this hit the news. Because it's now entirely plausible, moreover likely, that she's in a place where the media doesn't cover SC's mayor. Sure works better than an out of town conference. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I hope it means she knows that BS is leaving and not coming back, but she can’t spoil it. 

Her non responses about BS, even tho we know she has a big episode coming up. reminded me of WM teasing Laurel going after DD in S4 but KC never said a word about it.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Her non responses about BS, even tho we know she has a big episode coming up. reminded me of WM teasing Laurel going after DD in S4 but KC never said a word about it.

That’s a really good point about 6.19 being a big episode for her. You’d think if it were something good for BS KC would tease about it. Reminds me of Ken P’s comment about how KC fans would love her screentime in the episode but not necessarily the storyline.

• Love 1

If I’m thinking optimistically, I would say that her lack of BS tease, SDCC Sara answer, KPs comment and her ignoring of Arrows renewal may mean that she is done. Possibly after 6x19. 

Maybe Sara just comes back to write off Lance.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That’s a really good point about 6.19 being a big episode for her. You’d think if it were something good for BS KC would tease about it. Reminds me of Ken P’s comment about how KC fans would love her screentime in the episode but not necessarily the storyline.

I wonder if it's because KC fans have been talking about an inevitable "redemption" arc for months now, and in 619 she's still firmly rooted on the side of evil?

(edited)

Arrow's David Ramsey Previews Diggle/Oliver Bunker Brawl: 'Brothers Have Fights, But This Is Different'

I adore David Ramsey and it's not his fault he has to try to defend this nonsense, but his comments aren't making me any more sympathetic to Diggle's POV (which, in turn makes me laugh and nod along with Stephen).

ETA: The recent changes to the board are driving me nuts. The last sentence is my comment, not part of the article, but I can't fix the formatting.

“What John sees is that there’s more than one way to save the city,” Ramsey explains of his character’s POV. “Arguably, people have died both close to us, i.e. Laurel Lance, and in our city from the invention of the Arrow, the Hood character. And it’s not a forgone conclusion that these people would not have died had Oliver Queen listened to different varying points of view as to how to fight the Damian Darhks and the Ra’s al Ghuls of the world. Diggle feels like perhaps if some things were listened to, we could’ve spared ourselves some pain.”

To date, Ramsey notes, Diggle has “always gone along — even, in his own words, against his better judgement — because he trusted and loved Oliver, and still does. But I think he really does see now that there’s a different way of doing this. At the end of the day, Oliver Queen is our Bruce Wayne character. He’s a loner of sorts, and though he’s grown past that with Felicity and with Diggle, John sees that [Oliver] is a guy who makes his own decisions, and he’s not quite sure where he fits in that.”

Oliver, though — or at least his portrayer — doesn’t feel Dig’s “words” quite pass the sniff test, which perhaps amplifies the intensity of the already explosive encounter.

“We have a very good argument,” says Stephen Amell, “and it’s a wonderful scene, and David’s wonderful in it. But if you’re the fact checker when that scene’s happening, I think that everything that Oliver is saying is rooted in absolute truth, while a lot of the stuff that Diggle is saying feels like he’s reaching a bit, because he’s upset about something else. So I’m interested to see how it all pays off.”

The hell? Didn't Diggle blame himself for Laurel's death because he chose to trust Andy?

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 6

“What John sees is that there’s more than one way to save the city,” Ramsey explains of his character’s POV. “Arguably, people have died both close to us, i.e. Laurel Lance, and in our city from the invention of the Arrow, the Hood character. And it’s not a forgone conclusion that these people would not have died had Oliver Queen listened to different varying points of view as to how to fight the Damian Darhks and the Ra’s al Ghuls of the world. Diggle feels like perhaps if some things were listened to, we could’ve spared ourselves some pain.”

Way to pull those feelings right out from the deep, dark recesses of your ass, my guy. Like, you went along with it! And you nearly got people killed earlier in the season too. LOL

• Love 13

Sometimes I wonder how hard it must be for an actor to come up with your own explanation for your character's actions because the writing didn't really explain it well and now you have to sell it, knowing that viewers will be like 'What?'

• Love 12
(edited)

This season is really weird in the sense that Oliver is mostly doing things correctly, way better than before, and everyone else throws a tantrum and blames Oliver for, well, almost everything. I assume that the writing really thought everyone would see that Oliver is the problem and side with the others but the opposite is happening for me. I am left wondering why they are all behaving in the way they are and I can say that I am truly with Oliver on this one. 

And I do admit, I still don't get why Spartan needs to be GA. They are out in the same field. You can put a hood on his helmet if it is that important. The crossbow can also come with. What is the big deal?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 19
(edited)
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I like that Stephen came out and said, "Yes, it's pretty much bullshit."  Because yes indeed it is. 

When Steve's can't even sell it, you know it's bad, heh. Poor DR. At least I know it'll be a good scene even if the dialogue is nonsense. 

And it's not like Diggle or Felicity haven't disagreed with how Oliver has handled things in the past. On screen, we're told that Diggle is upset because he wants to be Green Arrow. Now DR is telling us Diggle is upset because Oliver makes unilateral decisions that Diggle thinks he could make better. These poor actors. They know this is all stupid. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Now DR is telling us Diggle is upset because Oliver makes unilateral decisions that Diggle thinks he could make better. These poor actors. They know this is all stupid. 

The weird thing is this is a way better reason than wanting it so desperately because it was in some alien-induced brainwashing! But the problem is that Diggle has voiced his dissent when he felt the need to, and he didn't go along with everything Oliver did, but he went along with most of it. So if you're going to do this kind of storyline you need to plant seeds of discord that last for a while, like...he could've disappeared when the newbies did, or at the very least started arguing with Oliver more so this didn't come out of nowhere. And you can't bring up Laurel, especially considering HE blamed himself for part of that.

But that's Arrow for you, I guess. 

• Love 23