Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The problem with that, is that even after the shit Curtis pulled Diggle and Felicity went to check in on Rene AND it was Curtis that told the to GTFO.

Like I said, I don't think OTA hated NTA as much as fans did or wanted/expected them to.

The show pretty much always had OTA being the grown ups so it's not surprising to me that Felicity wouldn't make Curtis grovel or reject a reunion.

I'm also not sure if it will get totally ignored. I expect some minor ramble from Curtis and then a quick acceptance from EBR.

I would understand forgiveness from the OTA (thought trust would take longer) so I can see Felicity letting Curtis back into the business, but I don't get Curtis thinking nothing had changed after saying to her face he wanted nothing to do with her ever again.  I don't get how the NTA could approach any part of the OTA without knowing they needed to have a conversation.  Unless the NTA still think they are innocent of anything and if they chose to forgive, then there's nothing left to discuss?  And then in turn the OTA never really got why the NTA were freaking out in the first place so are willing to move on.  But again, forgiveness and trust are different things.  I can see the OTA forgiving them and being friendly far easier than forgiving them and letting them back on the team.  

Maybe the legal docs involved in creating Helix Dynamics made it so that Felicity and Curtis were forced to keep working together.

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Well, this is promising from the Deadline article on the CW renewals. A tighter season would be amazing (personally, I think LoT's current season order is too short, but something like 18 episodes for Arrow would be perfect):

I really think fewer episodes would just mean fewer ones I liked, not better episodes or less filler. 

• Love 8

About cast negotiations...didn't we hear that CP started negotiating more than a year before her contract ended? Could they be looking to negotiate next year's and beyond contracts now so they know what kind of story arcs they can dream up for the characters?  

I think a lot of shows like to negotiate a year ahead if they can. Negotiations that come down to the wire can cause a lot of headaches.

Have all the cast that use SM a lot celebrated the news? I'm worried about Quentin with Sara coming back. 

19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But again, forgiveness and trust are different things.  I can see the OTA forgiving them and being friendly far easier than forgiving them and letting them back on the team.  

Essentially that's what they've been doing so far. Oliver was plenty friendly with Dinah until she assumed she was going in to stop Diaz and save Roy and then he shut her down, and now it seems like Felicity and Curtis are business partners again but aren't sharing tips anymore.

• Love 1

Thanks. Hmm, well that doesn't allievate my worries about Quentin, who I don't want to die despite him being nuts right now. I refuse to start worrying that EBR is being killed off or otherwise leaving and I don't know about KC, but I assume she's back in the Arrowverse in some form though I really hope she isn't actually moving to LOT. Of course it probably means nothing for any of them. 

24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

About cast negotiations...didn't we hear that CP started negotiating more than a year before her contract ended? Could they be looking to negotiate next year's and beyond contracts now so they know what kind of story arcs they can dream up for the characters?  

I have not heard that at all.

(edited)

If Colin is the mystery guest star that production is going through so much trouble to hide from the paps, while SA keeps posting pictures of him, I will laugh and laugh

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If Colin is the mystery guest star that production is going through so much trouble to hide from the paps, while SA keeps posting pictures of him, I will laugh and laugh

I was just thinking the same thing...

MG/WM: lets hide it from the paps! 

SA: Look Colins chair..look Colin's still hanging with me in Vancouver.

Oh, what could have been. I'm bappy that CD got a Big Network Show but, damn I miss Tommy.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I really think fewer episodes would just mean fewer ones I liked, not better episodes or less filler. 

Yeah, that’s probably true. I actually liked the last two eps but they’d probably be considered “filler” because Thea’s SL doesn’t necessarily advance the season’s main plot. And structurally, I think this season makes a lot of sense on paper. First third = Cayden conflict (learning their lesson from Darkh/Prometheus and not dragging out a big bad); second third = team split; last third = Oliver vs Diaz/the law. Except this season’s faults have less to do about structure and more about character motivations. It makes no sense that Cayden would still want to destroy the city after learning he was wrong about what happened to his son. It makes no sense that Rene snitched/Dinah kept secrets and yet they were the ones who felt victimized. It makes no sense that Curtis says “no more communication forever” and then still expects to/gets to work with Felicity. It makes no sense that Diggle is fighting to be the GA. The only character the writers haven’t truly betrayed with OFC actions is Oliver, and yet it sounds like he’ll be the one facing the consequences. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 8

I still don’t get the hype about Tommy. He was okay but IDK. I felt kinda meh about him most of the time. If he’s still in VC does this mean he’s gonna have more than one scene? Hmm...

Also SA usually posts that pic with DR. ?

Hoping we get a photo of SA and DR tomorrow.

I will take all the Tommy we can get, especially since I'm assuming any scenes with him won't include the newbies or Dragon, basically any of the characters I can't stand.

30 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

See, Diggle, being Spartan's not a bad thing. But please don't tell me this means Diggle's working with NTA. Or fighting them either, really. Don't feel like seeing that again. Let it just be a coincidence they're in the same place. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I think he's more likely to be working with them than fighting with them, since Oliver's out of the picture during his trial. 

I know, but let me dream that they see each other and turn and walk off in opposite directions without Rene yelling out, "this doesn't change anything, hoss!"

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

OMG is Tommy back for S7 and thus resetting the show!?!?! I wish.

Yes. It was all a dream! ?

14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I know, but let me dream that they see each other and turn and walk off in opposite directions without Rene yelling out, "this doesn't change anything, hoss!"

The sheer amount of mocking that line gets from the board makes me love it. 

• Love 6

I never really cared about Tommy either, but I do like Colin. I do hope this isn't E1 Tommy alive, now that we know MM knew of more pits. I think if he's not a hallucination/flashback, then I wouldn't mind E2 Tommy. Maybe he comes to collect Siren, to take her back to her earth. It'd be interesting to see Oliver face another version of Tommy, a good one.

• Love 3

Also, not that the writers really care about continuity, but didn’t MM dislike the Lazarus pit? I thought he didn’t even want to put Thea in one because the person came out changed. I wouldn’t put anything past these writers though so I guess anything is possible. 

I’m still going with flashbacks though. 

I love Tommy. I've always loved Tommy. I remember being on TWOP back in April of S1 and we knew about 2 deaths. Some people said Tommy was one but, I was sure Tommy would live and sadly become evil (especially after the scene where he sees Oliver/Laurel).

I'm glad Tommy died a good man but, I really do miss him. Colin and SA had amazing chemistry, I really bought them as BFF/brothers.

• Love 6

If we're going full batshit soap here, Dicky 3-D would find out about Human Target, and have whatever his name was come in and pretend to be Tommy and testify against Oliver as a character witness or something. Not because it would make a lick of sense, but just because these writers love their gotchas and I can just picture a courtroom scene like, "I call to the stand...TOMMY MERLYN!!!!" ::collective gasp::

(never mind me, just stuck on Ken's completely rando mention of Wil Traval on Twitter, goodnight)

• Love 4

I wanted Laurel/Tommy to stay together and be the 2nd full time couple on the show. I hate doing S1 rewatches since they were so good together!

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, not that the writers really care about continuity, but didn’t MM dislike the Lazarus pit? I thought he didn’t even want to put Thea in one because the person came out changed. I wouldn’t put anything past these writers though so I guess anything is possible. 

I’m still going with flashbacks though. 

MM probably disliked them but he probably didn't want to die either. I could see him wanting to live forever.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

If we're going full batshit soap here, Dicky 3-D would find out about Human Target, and have whatever his name was come in and pretend to be Tommy and testify against Oliver as a character witness or something. Not because it would make a lick of sense, but just because these writers love their gotchas and I can just picture a courtroom scene like, "I call to the stand...TOMMY MERLYN!!!!" ::collective gasp::

(never mind me, just stuck on Ken's completely rando mention of Wil Traval on Twitter, goodnight)

Now that would actually be good. Now I want it. Damn you! ?

I just want Season 7 to be the last, have like 18 episodes, be chock full of OTA, have no NTA/birds and a have full circle villain (like Tommy) who isn't Slade or Malcolm. And then for EBR to go star in some sort of show like Alias, where she can kick ass and be adorable. And for DR to go star in a show where he can be shirtless all most of the time. Sigh. 

• Love 8

I wish CD were back on this show so I could stop watching that terrible, terrible Chicago Med.

44 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, not that the writers really care about continuity, but didn’t MM dislike the Lazarus pit? I thought he didn’t even want to put Thea in one because the person came out changed.

Yes, he thought that the changes that the Lazarus Pit made in a person were so terrible, he didn't want to subject Thea to that.

On the other hand, he didn't seem too fond of Tommy so he may have been willing to experiment with him.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, he thought that the changes that the Lazarus Pit made in a person were so terrible, he didn't want to subject Thea to that.

"The waters change a person. In the soul." I never forget that line, because it made me laugh, even though it wasn't supposed to. Malcolm seemed to care so little about Tommy that I wouldn't be surprised to learn he did toss Tommy into the Lazarus Pit. Maybe Tommy's still chained up in someone's basement right now like feral Sara was.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I just want Season 7 to be the last, have like 18 episodes, be chock full of OTA, have no NTA/birds and a have full circle villain (like Tommy) who isn't Slade or Malcolm. And then for EBR to go star in some sort of show like Alias, where she can kick ass and be adorable. And for DR to go star in a show where he can be shirtless all most of the time. Sigh. 

hehe I had a thought the other day what if she starred in another terrible CW show! Ugh! I'd have to watch it!

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish CD were back on this show so I could stop watching that terrible, terrible Chicago Med.

Watch The Resident! They don't take themselves too seriously and have great villains! 

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Everyone sans KC/EBR/PB

EBR not tweeting about it though really doesn't mean much of course. You have to go back to 2016 and the season five crossover 100th episode to find an overt mention of Arrow on her Twitter feed. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, he didn't seem too fond of Tommy so he may have been willing to experiment with him.

I suppose it's possible that the only reason he knew the Lazarus Pit changed a person was because he put Tommy in there. So, technically, it could happen. I still don't think it will though. CD is still full time on his own show, as far as I'm aware? I don't watch so I'm not really sure.

Yes, CD is one of the regulars on his NBC show.  He's also a romantic lead so I don't think they'll let him go.

Malcolm was a member of the LoA for years. He would have heard the rumors of the LP as well as seen what it did to people when the previous Ra's was using it, even without dunking Tommy.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

EBR not tweeting about it though really doesn't mean much of course. You have to go back to 2016 and the season five crossover 100th episode to find an overt mention of Arrow on her Twitter feed. 

And then a miracle happens. LOL.

• Love 19

How is it possible that Rene, the dumbass, doesn't just drop dead before the end of the season?  I know it was to be expected, but what the hell is he doing back in the field after his injury and weeks (months?) of recovery. I hope Zoey develops a taste for mac and cheese. 

It's just insane that they gave this character a kid. 

• Love 3

With all of SAs postings, I think CD’s tease may just be hinting at a guest spot on Arrow. 

I have a hard time believing he would be back in a bigger capacity. 

• Love 1

I don't think I'd even want Tommy back full time. Because the only way I could see that happening is with him being a villain, and I think he would hate that. I also think Thea would be needed for any longer running storyline with him to be effective. But if we're talking guest spot(s), bring it on. 

Looking at the promo photos, I have to say that I enjoy the fact that Oliver and Dig's version of 'let's take this outside' is 'let's take this off the platform and away from the computers'. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't think I'd even want Tommy back full time. Because the only way I could see that happening is with him being a villain, and I think he would hate that. I also think Thea would be needed for any longer running storyline with him to be effective. But if we're talking guest spot(s), bring it on. 

Yeah, I'd actually be really annoyed if he was brought back in any bigger capacity than a guest right after Thea left and there's no scene of them (or all three of them) acknowledging that they are really biological brother and sister not just honorary ones, because that's the best part of the clusterfuck that was Thea's paternity. I don't think he's back full time, CM doesn't use him all that well but he's still a lead and isn't his wife currently on Broadway, Chicago is a lot closer to NYC than Vancouver. Plus, he'd probably be a villain and whilst CD proved he could do that with NaziTommy, I don't think I'd like that longterm. 

Human Target!Tommy I could go with for this ep. 

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I still don’t get the hype about Tommy. He was okay but IDK. I felt kinda meh about him most of the time. If he’s still in VC does this mean he’s gonna have more than one scene? Hmm...

I didn't really like him until he found out about Oliver and that changed a lot, but he did have his moments before then. He brought out the best chemistry in KC apart from PB, even though we know he was something of a consolation prize. I think if he had lived or become the Dark Archer due to Lauriver then fans would see him differently, but he died heroically and tragically after some of the worst few days of his life. 

4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Isn't SA normally much more into toeing the line and keeping production's secrets and annoyed at spoilers? The only other time I can think of is the Manu Benet Saga last year where he spoiled Slade's return and MB kicked off claiming everyone was delusional and he had no plans to leave NZ and then tried to hide his face in the airport. 

I really don’t want Tommy back in any permanent capacity if only because it’s repetitive when they keep going to the well of dead characters to resurrect one of them.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Juliana and Echo posted celebratory tweets too. That's not necessarily a guarantee of anything, but at this late point in the season, I feel like they'd all know if they weren't coming back in S7. Feh.

So does that mean all the newbies are back next season? (UGH)

DR has not tweeted anything (directly) about Arrow's S7 renewal yet. I hope that doesn't mean anything.

KC has not tweeted anything about Arrow's S7 renewal yet. I hope that means something.

PB has not tweeted anything about Arrow's S7 renewal yet. He might be a goner.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So, I guess Dig and Rene are either protecting Oliver during his transport or trying to free him. 1. I still don't think Rene should be back in the field. 2. This may possibly make him more sympathetic than Curtis whose entire dumbassery presumably won't be addressed! And that is a feat.

Of course Dinah is there kicking ass. Yawn.