Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oliver is gonna have his Tony Stark moment, isn't he?

That was my read on the description as well.  I will continue to hope I'm wrong.  Stark is the only one that could pull that off.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Did Katie film for that episode? If he does go public, he gets rid of the leverage BS has over him, and he can go after her as notLaurel. 

I’m never supported the reveal till now. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Did Katie film for that episode? If he does go public, he gets rid of the leverage BS has over him, and he can go after her as notLaurel. 

I think this was when 617 was filming:

33 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He'd have to get the public to buy in though there is a matter of will all of TA in general go public? Because she still has that info.

Though I feel like the series finale would be a better time for Oliver to go public.

I was just trying to think of reasons he’d have to go public. That’s pretty much it. 

20 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I saw a pretty good theory on Twitter about Oliver facing a trial for all of GA’s crimes and being found not guilty, which means he can then publicly come out as GA and not be charged. (I’m not sure if double jeopardy actually works like that though.)

43 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I saw a pretty good theory on Twitter about Oliver facing a trial for all of GA’s crimes and being found not guilty, which means he can then publicly come out as GA and not be charged. (I’m not sure if double jeopardy actually works like that though.)

Yeah, if he was acquitted, he could come out as GA, admit to all the crimes and not be charged for them again. (Kind of like how OJ can never be tried for double murder again, even though he's all but admitted that he did it.) However, Oliver could be tried for any crimes subsequent to the indictment, so revealing his true identity would still be a big risk.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, if he was acquitted, he could come out as GA, admit to all the crimes and not be charged for them again. (Kind of like how OJ can never be tried for double murder again, even though he's all but admitted that he did it.) However, Oliver could be tried for any crimes subsequent to the indictment, so revealing his true identity would still be a big risk.

We're dealing with Guggenlaw though so he'll probably be fine until they need a plot point!

• Love 5

I always assumed this season would end with Oliver coming out as GA so maybe having it happen a couple of episodes earlier would be a twist, I guess? 

Do we know if the FBI lady has filmed at all? I find it really strange how she went nowhere. There was potential there.

The FBI storyline was so weirdly played out. Why was Agent Watson so antagonistic towards Oliver and how did she even end up investigating him for being the Green Arrow? They never really explained it that well and then she abruptly left town never to be seen or heard from again.

Is it a plot hole or just another case of expecting the audience to “choose their own adventure” to fill in the details?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I always assumed this season would end with Oliver coming out as GA so maybe having it happen a couple of episodes earlier would be a twist, I guess? 

Do we know if the FBI lady has filmed at all? I find it really strange how she went nowhere. There was potential there.

The actress sent PB a belated birthday wish and the tweet and throwback picture, and I think some news about a new project, seem to indicate that no, she has not been back and likely will not be back.  I'm guessing they just failed to secure her for the back half.  They have the now corrupt DA to carry the ball since the FBI handed off the case to the locals since the crimes all happened in the city.  But I thought from how they phrased her hand off that she would be back when the trial went down.  I agree that character storyline feels like dropped potential.  I guess we are supposed to think she was just a random FBI agent doing her job and went after Oliver just because she could?

And if Oliver ever outed himself as the GA after being found not guilty, it would technically only be the locals that couldn't charge him again.  The FBI could open THEIR case back up and then the Federal courts could charge him.  And while maybe Rene's testimony might get tossed, Oliver admitting he's the GA seems like something they might be able to use.  MG's school of bad tv law might allow Oliver to out himself, but it's a terrible idea for so many reasons.             

The only interesting twist might be if Team Arrow ended up being legitimized by some government agency (hmm, who do they know that runs a clandestine agency?) and then the team has to deal with having a boss telling them what and how to do their jobs. But then Oliver's secret identity could be public knowledge so hijinks would ensue.     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

So...more NTA stuff. This season is NTA-heavy. I would really love the person who used to calculate main character screen-time by episode/season to come back and do it for this season. Because, at this point, I feel like NTA screen-time has surpassed Diggle and Felicity, and is almost on par with Oliver's. 

And people complained season 4 was Felicity and Friends. It really, really wasn't, numbers-wise, not like with NTA this season. 

I see Stephen is back in California as well. It's going to be a struggle to get through 6x19 and 6x20, that's for sure. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Because, at this point, I feel like NTA screen-time has surpassed Diggle and Felicity, and is almost on par with Oliver's. 

It hasn't, its just the perception based on hatred for NTA

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...more NTA stuff. This season is NTA-heavy. I would really love the person who used to calculate main character screen-time by episode/season to come back and do it for this season. Because, at this point, I feel like NTA screen-time has surpassed Diggle and Felicity, and is almost on par with Oliver's. 

And people complained season 4 was Felicity and Friends. It really, really wasn't, numbers-wise, not like with NTA this season. 

I see Stephen is back in California as well. It's going to be a struggle to get through 6x19 and 6x20, that's for sure. 

Isn't that person still around? As far as aired episodes go, OTA was still ahead. Dig may have been close with Dinah if I recall correctly. 

54 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Echo was too. He posted an Instagram story on Saturday morning in Mr. Terrific makeup and said he just wrapped up a night shoot.

(Prince MojoTM)

And from Monday, Mar. 12...

14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Isn't that person still around? As far as aired episodes go, OTA was still ahead. Dig may have been close with Dinah if I recall correctly. 

She's still around (https://twitter.com/HattieJo18), but her last tweet about Arrow screentime was for 611.

Edited by tv echo

I wonder if we could divide up the cast and put the numbers together ourselves. For one person doing it all, that's a big chore.  But I could handle a rewatch with a stopwatch in hand tracking one character. We'd have to decide on the rules of counting time though.  

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder if we could divide up the cast and put the numbers together ourselves. For one person doing it all, that's a big chore.  But I could handle a rewatch with a stopwatch in hand tracking one character. We'd have to decide on the rules of counting time though.  

She's done them, she just hasn't published. I can't say I blame her, this fandom is fucking toxic and constantly uses her tweets to attack the show runners.

I asked her if she'd put a tweet out with the order as of this point in the season. Which I'm fairly sure will be Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Dinah.

• Love 3

If only Felicity had a storyline that matched her screentime! Maybe next season?

19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The actress sent PB a belated birthday wish and the tweet and throwback picture, and I think some news about a new project, seem to indicate that no, she has not been back and likely will not be back.  I'm guessing they just failed to secure her for the back half.  They have the now corrupt DA to carry the ball since the FBI handed off the case to the locals since the crimes all happened in the city.  But I thought from how they phrased her hand off that she would be back when the trial went down.  I agree that character storyline feels like dropped potential.  I guess we are supposed to think she was just a random FBI agent doing her job and went after Oliver just because she could?

So she hasn't filmed at all? They really just dropped that whole thing.

620 director is Alexandra La Roche, but I had to double-check that it was her in the above pic (it is)...

Alexandra La Roche (620 director)
CwO24baUEAAUvlS.jpg
https://twitter.com/Lexi_laroche/status/794014418765889536
Better pics here - https://www.alexandralaroche.com/gallery

Andi Armaganian (621 director)
DVC5DxxX4AEzALc.jpg

https://twitter.com/sanverscentral/status/959470622639382528

Wendy Mericle
Wendy+Mericle+U_4omupCCvZm.jpg

http://www.zimbio.com/Wendy+Mericle/pictures/pro 

Edited by tv echo

I don't even know why people label her a villain. She's an antagonist to the hero, not a villain. She's not evil or working for evil corp (that we know of) she's an FBI Agent trying to do her job.

Anyway the t for her storyline seems way past it's expiration date. They shouldn't have dropped it after 609.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Anyway the t for her storyline seems way past it's expiration date. They shouldn't have dropped it after 609.

I agree. This isn't the type of thing that should've been dropped for long periods of time. And, if she was even remotely good at her job, she would've caught Oliver a hundred times over by now without any need for outside witnesses. What a half-assed storyline as per usual, LOL.

• Love 3

Does Watson or the prosecution even have a case anymore? Last episode, Jean Loring told Oliver that they'd have to drop the case until Roy was presented as a surprise witness. But we all know he's not going to testify, or even be around again after next episode. So why is this SL still going on? (Unless when the DA mentioned the dirt he had on Oliver, it was something beyond Roy?) 

I'm just so bored. There have been a bunch of times in the past where I thought Oliver was going to out himself as the GA and it was kind of exciting. But I don't want him to end up doing it as the result of this bungled, barely touched up plot that they keep dropping for long stretches of the season.

• Love 2

I really like Sydelle, like many other storylines, Arrow really dropped the ball on an arc that could've been interesting. Best case scenario, at this point, is Watson switching sides and help Oliver bring down the dirty DA & police force.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I really like Sydelle, like many other storylines, Arrow really dropped the ball on an arc that could've been interesting. Best case scenario, at this point, is Watson switching sides and help Oliver bring down the dirty DA & police force.

That's actually a good point maybe her return has nothing to do with Oliver/GA arrest and more to do with Oliver calling in a 'friend' to help stop Dragon and the corrupt DA/Cops

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I think it's just MG's way of announcing that Arrow is getting a season 7.

Oh, that makes sense. (Also, I love all the replies on his tweet being like "oh, does this mean the Green Arrow is actually going to be in the next season?" Ha!)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think it's just MG's way of announcing that Arrow is getting a season 7. 

Plus, I think it's a joke about Oliver getting William to like GA better than the Flash.