Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Well, I guess in 2 and a half weeks someone can finally ask SA what's going on in this whole season and we can finally get some answers (or at least some shade and some hints).

I wonder if someone will ask (I hope someone does). Don't fans usually just try to have fun at cons? I wonder if SA will respond with the "you can't always get what you want" answer that pissed off fans in S5. 

Meh, it's obvious that the show's on its last legs creatively. To me, the entire season feels like inconsequential filler. Even 6x18, which is an Oliver-heavy episode, seems to be taking a huge detour in the form of a hallucinatory/fantasy episode when the writers should actually be laying the groundwork for the final showdown in the season finale. 

Edited by strikera0
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

I wonder if someone will ask (I hope someone does). Don't fans usually just try to have fun at cons? I wonder if SA will respond with the "you can't always get what you want" answer that pissed off fans in S5. 

The fact that it isn't HVFF makes me think that there would be at least one fan who says something, plus SA isn't happy about how things are going this time around vs when he gave that response he was fine with s5.

• Love 1

I remember at one con someone asked Stephen to rank each season of Arrow from favourite to least favourite and he purposely left season 4 out.

If he gets asked that question again I wonder where he’ll place season 6. He hasn’t seemed to be overly happy about not filming.

It has to be driving him nuts being put on the sidelines of his own show.

Edited by kes0704
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I sometimes torture myself imagining what the would have written if they weren't stuck trying to make BS happen

Me too.  I think trying to shoehorn BS into the show and continue to find a reason why they need so many masks has hamstrung the writing.  There are way too many characters and they’re not good at balancing storylines for everyone. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I sometimes torture myself imagining what they would have written if they weren't stuck trying to make BS happen

I think the worse thing is they will keep trying to make her happen since the actress must be kept around for "reasons" so it's not like you can even hope it will end! 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I sometimes torture myself imagining what they would have written if they weren't stuck trying to make BS happen

BS and BC. I blame both of them equally, though it seems they go hand in hand. 

KC is in LA now. Don’t know if she is filming 6x20.

The Noobs, or at least JH, are back on set. 

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

KC, BC, spin offs, DC masks, the list is long. 

I bet S4 is looking pretty good to SA right now. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It's ironic that for all the complaining from some corners about how Oliver got shoved off his show, it never really happened until this season, and it was for everyone BUT Felicity, who gets shoved off along with him.

It’s nuts. Where are all the complaints about the show turning into “Dinah and Friends”?

My guess is that they did such a horrible job pacing this season that they suddenly realized they’d gotten past the halfway mark with the audience still knowing basically nothing about the big bad, so they have to cram it all in during the episodes leading up to the finale. Arrow has always had pacing issues, but heavying up on characters no one likes and sidelining characters that are beloved on the heels of a universally hated storyline is a ridiculous misstep.  How are they six seasons in and getting even worse at basic narrative structure?

Still, if episode shoots are 8-10 days, I can only hope that OTA are shooting all next week.  

• Love 4

What is DR doing? This could be a Diggle heavy episode.

But this will probably be a NTA heavy episode where they finally come back together after Rene is fully recovered.

BS/Dragon probably wont feature that heavily, especially after whatshisname tweet. I doubt they'd do two heavy episodes back2back.

49 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The fact that it isn't HVFF makes me think that there would be at least one fan who says something, plus SA isn't happy about how things are going this time around vs when he gave that response he was fine with s5.

I hope she does it:

• Love 10
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Apart from the speculation from his brief video, where is it for sure known that SA isn't happy with missing majority of 6x19?

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Apart from the speculation from his brief video, where is it for sure known that SA isn't happy with missing majority of 6x19?

Is it speculation when it's obvious from his reaction? Stephen has never been known for a good poker face, he wears his emotions on his sleeve which is why it's always easy to tell his mood/what he thinks...

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Is it speculation when it's obvious from his reaction? Stephen has never been known for a good poker face, he wears his emotions on his sleeve which is why it's always easy to tell his mood/what he thinks...

He isnt the greatest actor at hiding his emotions but I wouldn't say that everything is that black/white with him. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He isnt the greatest actor at hiding his emotions but I wouldn't say that everything is that black/white with him. 

I guess we can agree to disagree. I think it was blatantly obvious with his reaction plus his history with not taking this stuff well (season 3)

We need DR to do a con STAT! SA was clearly unhappy in that video but that was a short moment in time; if you caught him playing with his kid, his reaction to the time off might be more mixed. But DR always is super upfront about his feelings for the show and usually asks fans what they think of the current season. I’d love to hear his thoughts, especially since he was shadowing JB in hopes of directing this year, and that seems like it won’t happen?

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, Trisha said:

We need DR to do a con STAT!

HVFF is at the beginning of April, after 616 airs, while SA has a con a week before that, so I'll definitely be waiting with bated breath.

I'll grant that the video isn't much to go on, so it's mostly just going on what the actors have pretty much shown to like/not like in the past. DR likes when the main characters get to do cool things and when the story makes sense and doesn't like it when it doesn't, EBR likes it when Felicity gets to be funny and do independent things and doesn't like it when Felicity has to be overly emotional or when certain character choices for Felicity don't make sense, SA likes it when Oliver gets to do different things and develops and he likes time off but doesn't like when Oliver is sidelined (exception being for 6a where Oliver was pushed to the side but likewise SA got to play Oliver as a father and give inspirational speeches to Diggle and Felicity instead of the other way around for once) or when the main plot/villain/Oliver isn't well received, etc. So it's just a guess, I don't really know, but hopefully we'll get some insight in 2 weeks. 

• Love 4

Stephen is a workaholic, not only did he already have a reduced filming schedule this year with the lack of flashbacks but he's also been barely on screen for some episodes thus far. I don't need to see him on a video to know that he isn't liking the direction of the show this season, he is the titular character and this show is his in his eyes. Therefore it makes complete sense why he would be mad with this decision by the writers this year.

• Love 12

Doesn’t Stephen usually meet with the EP’s at the beginning of the season to discuss the planned arcs and story direction?  If so, that makes me wonder if he knew he would have a reduced role in 619 and 620 or whether it was a late change. 

I remember an interview he did in S3 where he said that Oliver being stabbed and kicked off the cliff in 309 wasn’t originally planned. It was the point the Canary arc began and his poker face when asked anything about it pretty much gave away what his feelings were about being on the sidelines.

Stephen loves his role as the lead of the show and he seems to get a lot energy from working, so I can easily believe that a reduced role would not sit well with him. 

• Love 5

KP said that SA doesn't have Mondays off this season. I think its more Thursday/Friday this season...can't imagine why.

I agree that he (and EBR) could be filming more in the back half of the episode.

Coming off a heavy KC/KA episode, I was hoping to hear it was an all OTA episode. I'm just frustrated with the lack of good spoilers.

• Love 3

That's a no from me. Haha.

So I'm assuming 620 is about the newbies "shifting allegiances" or whatever the title was? Maybe they finally realize they're awful people/heroes. One can only hope.

(Also the more the actors push this "NTA" crap, the more I can't stand it. LOL.)

Edited by Guest

Probably. I'd love to believe they'll beg to come back and apologize for being such terrible people but IDK anymore.

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think 620 will end with NTO showing up at the lair ready to be a happy family again.

If so, I hope that Oliver says the same thing to the whole team that he said do Dinah, "I'd rather be short-handed."

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think 620 will end with NTO showing up at the lair ready to be a happy family again.

I hope Felicity has changed all the locks and biometric equipment.

• Love 16

I mean, I know this is their private accounts and what they post is totally up to them. But to be totally honest, I am not watching the show for NTA and I don't understand how anyone in the producer's chair thinks that people watch Arrow for that. 

Also Nyssa got pretty new hair. Looks nice on her.

• Love 6

If he's injured like this just so the newbies can save the day, I'm gonna riot. I will. I'm ready to fight.

Just now, Angel12d said:

If he's injured like this just so the newbies can save the day, I'm gonna riot. I will. I'm ready to fight.

LOL, you know that's what's going to happen. How will they ever put their precious feels aside to save the big meanie?!

• Love 1

Listen, I know the worst will happen and noobs will be forgiven... but I'd prefer if that bloody face is from a beatdown from Dragon, BS, and NTA (who've gone to the evil side).