Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I laughed when I saw how early they released the 614 promo pics and how none of those pics showed NTA. I can't help wondering if they were responding to backlash against the newbies and their prominence in the 613 promo pics (and lack of Felicity in the 613 pics).

Btw, I have this spoiler assigned to 614:

-- On Jan. 10, 2018, KC posted pic of herself as E2 Laurel in casual clothes with injured cheek, standing in a forest with Dinah/BC. (KC instagram post, page 12 of New Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I can't help wondering if they were responding to backlash against the newbies and their prominence in the 613 promo pics (and lack of Felicity in the 613 pics).

The photos themselves were taken too long ago for that to actually be the reason, but the optics of releasing the pics earlier and the fact that the newbies aren't in it (and that BS is even covered in the one pic she is in) are funny.

• Love 3

This pic looks like it was shot during the same session as that other KC pic, which a papp said was not for Arrow...

However, one comics site is speculating that this newest pic indicates a costume change for Black Siren on Arrow ...
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/02/07/arrow-season-6-black-siren-laurel-lance-black-canary-costume/

Cassidy was fitted in a similar sort of face mold back in season three, just before Earth-1 Laurel made her debut as Black Canary. Seeing as that costume remains under glass in Team's Arrow bunker, it's safe to assume that this new mask is for some sort of new costume altogether, as opposed to Siren suiting up in her Earth-1 counterpart's outfit (or, you know, a flashback of Earth-1 Laurel).

There's a chance this mask could be for some sort of flashback for Black Siren, although there might need to be some sort of narrative reason for her wearing a mask on Earth-2 (considering the fact that she isn't wearing one now, despite her sharing the face of one of Star City's most notable figures).

With that in mind, some have begun to speculate that Black Siren could be redeemed sooner than later, leading to her having a more heroic costume. This was certainly supported in last week's episode, after Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) told Laurel that he can see her as a hero. (And no, that whole thing with Vigilante at the episode's end should not counteract that.)
Laurel being on the road to redemption has been teased for quite some time now, with fans expressing their excitement through the #RedemptionForBlackSiren hashtag. While it's still too early to tell when that will happen, photos like these are sure to get fans excited.

Edited by tv echo

With that in mind, some have begun to speculate that Black Siren could be redeemed sooner than later, leading to her having a more heroic costume. This was certainly supported in last week's episode, after Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) told Laurel that he can see her as a hero. (And no, that whole thing with Vigilante at the episode's end should not counteract that.)

So not only is BS going to be redeemed, but she'll also immediately get a "heroic" costume? Here's the thing, even if she is redeemed (which I don't think she will to the extent that people think), I don't a) see her getting a "heroic costume" or b) at the very least, getting a "heroic costume" this season. 

And wow, people really are just judging BS based on Vince, aren't they? And yes, he wasn't exactly a good guy, but come on. The way she killed him was brutal. Plus, everyone else she killed - including cops and a security guard begging for his life and bringing up his family - forget about them, right? It sure seems that way. Just because BS looks like E1 LL. Just because she's played by KC. 

Laurel being on the road to redemption has been teased for quite some time now, with fans expressing their excitement through the #RedemptionForBlackSiren hashtag. While it's still too early to tell when that will happen, photos like these are sure to get fans excited.

Uh, a hashtag has zero effect on the show's storylines. That sentence makes no sense. It shouldn't be one sentence, like something being teased and fans' feelings with a hashtag means anything. (Also, I don't see a redemption being teased "for quite some time now." Maybe it was a bit with two scenes with Lance, but that's two scenes. In two episodes. Starting only a few episodes ago.) That's just stupid. We could put together a #DessertforOlicityEveryEpisode hashtag (and probably get more tweets than the BS one) and it doesn't mean it'll happen. 

People - especially those who write articles on media sites - need to stop saying "when" about BS' redemption like one of the EPs gave an interview and said, "Yes, BS is being redeemed." They've been doing it since the summer. 

• Love 6

How come you don't see many #redemptionforFurherOliver tags (although I suppose there might be some based on his hatred of Felicity because she's Jewish).

BS'S redemption may happen  but I hope they address the fact that Quentin has gone off the reservation if he's kidnapping BS to make her into 'his' Laurel when she's made it more than clear she likes killing etc.

Sadly for me I don't see them getting rid of JH so BS won't magically take her place and it's highly unlikely Oliver will suddenly realise he worships BS after she muders Felicity and then marries her and declares she's the ultimate BC, which let's face it so many of these articles are pandering towards.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Uh, a hashtag has zero effect on the show's storylines. That sentence makes no sense. It shouldn't be one sentence, like something being teased and fans' feelings with a hashtag means anything. (Also, I don't see a redemption being teased "for quite some time now." Maybe it was a bit with two scenes with Lance, but that's two scenes. In two episodes. Starting only a few episodes ago.) That's just stupid. We could put together a #DessertforOlicityEveryEpisode hashtag (and probably get more tweets than the BS one) and it doesn't mean it'll happen. 

It makes sense to me - he's saying that the show has been teasing her redemption, and her fans are showing their excitement for that in the hashtag. Kind of like if someone wrote "the show has been teasing a sex scene for Olicity for a while now, with fans of the couple expressing their excitement through the "DessertforOlicityEveryEpisode hashtag."

To expand on KPs comments, he said it wasn't for Arrow because it was done out in LA. 

Someone also asked him about whether or not the writers are doing redemption for BS, he said he doesn't know but they are shooting 6x17 and nothing like that has happened yet.

9 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I wasn’t implying that KCs cast was for Arrow. I just had this thought that it would be cool to see the mask from Silence of the Lambs or something close to it.  Such a great way to silence the sonic scream. 

IIRC, a sonic dampener was used to prevent Dinah from using her sonic scream in 523, and they didn't need to cover Dinah's face to do that.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow is one of 13 options in this SpoilerTV blind item...

SpoilerTV - Blind Item - Breast Cancer Storyline
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 07, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/spoilertv-blind-item-breast-cancer.html

We can reveal that a series regular, on one of the shows below in the poll, will have their character diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Grey's Anatomy
This Is Us
Jane the Virgin
How To Get Away With Murder
Chicago Fire
un-Real
Scandal
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Supergirl
Arrow
The Americans
Homeland
The Blacklist

s thinking it could be Cat Grant. It would be a way to eventually write her out of the show if she doesn't survive. or give her a weighty subject for the show to deal with.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Practically every other show on that list makes more sense than Arrow. If turns out to be Arrow, or even Supergirl, I will be shocked. 

15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

s thinking it could be Cat Grant. It would be a way to eventually write her out of the show if she doesn't survive. or give her a weighty subject for the show to deal with.

They pretty much already wrote her out though.  (She's press secretary for Lynda Carter's secret alien President)

I could see something on Jane the Virgin for the Grandmother or Mother.  The whole premise of the show is based on someone getting cancer leading him to only have a couple viable sperm samples to have kids from.  (It's a telenovela so he has three now from two samples, yeah right)

I could also see Crazy Ex Girlfriend going there after this season tackling actual mental health and borderline personality disorder.

But Arrow?  No way.  They wouldn't spend more than a few minutes on the fallout from Havenrock and only a handful of episodes from paralysis.  They are not going to devote a storyline to breast cancer, not unless as suggested it's Lyla but even then it would only be used to have her resign as director of Argus, they wouldn't spend too much time on her story.  Maybe give Diggle something to worry over (and me, since i would worry they were going to kill Lyla)  But no, chances are really low it would even be Lyla.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

Yeah, I'd put Arrow at the very bottom of that list, too.  Well, I'd put Scandal at the very bottom, since there's only a handful of episodes left before the series finale. There's no way they could introduce and resolve a breast cancer storyline at this point. My thoughts immediate jumped to Jane the Virgin. Like @BkWurm1, I could totally see that story for Xo or Alba.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SPN?

I would have agreed with that before the Comic Con stuff and the EW covers but then that might be the  WB pushing it vs the CW. Hmm it's a close second to Arrow which is especially annoying since it was the 2nd and now 3rd most popular show since that pesky and wonderful Black Lightning showed up! LOL

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SPN?

They at least still get Inside the episode clips. And there were some interviews with Daneel Ackles posted yesterday for SPN. 

CW already stopped doing the inside the episode clips for Arrow when they came back from hiatus. And today CW only posted a still from 6x13.  They have Emerson and no official interviews for what is about to be his exit episode. 

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SPN?

SPN has proven that it doesn't need promo to keep going. The last 2 episodes of Arrow has dipped in viewers and demo because the network can't be bothered to remind people it's on.

10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

SPN has proven that it doesn't need promo to keep going. The last 2 episodes of Arrow has dipped in viewers and demo because the network can't be bothered to remind people it's on.

15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

They at least still get Inside the episode clips. And there were some interviews with Daneel Ackles posted yesterday for SPN. 

CW already stopped doing the inside the episode clips for Arrow when they came back from hiatus. And today CW only posted a still from 6x13.  They have Emerson and no official interviews for what is about to be his exit episode. 

OK fine Arrow is the new Red Headed Stepchild. 

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

OK fine Arrow is the new Red Headed Stepchild. 

I just wanted Arrow to give me a peak of what Felicity is wearing tonight ... but they dont wanna share. Not really interested in the screaming match. Just give me something. 

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I just wanted Arrow to give me a peak of what Felicity is wearing tonight ... but they dont wanna share. Not really interested in the screaming match. Just give me something. 

who's screaming? 

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah that's going to blow ?

The only thing about that match up is that they have the same sonic cry.  Snooze.  If they really made a BC vs and anti-BC, it should be about how they approach things.  Say BC is about protecting women against male aggression, and anti-BC is about punishing males on behalf of females.  But these two are just about who can scream the loudest.  BS is bad, BC is good.  

• Love 1

I can't really see SPN being treated worse. They had Kansas perform at their own SDCC panel, got some EW cover pages, get sneak peeks in a timely fashion... Arrow the past 2-3 years have never gotten as much. That too, it seems like Chico is actually more invested in SPN than she is Arrow so...

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

That too, it seems like Chico is actually more invested in SPN than she is Arrow so...

Whatever SPN has gotten this past year IMO is all due to Holly Ollis with the WB, not Chico. And maybe that's put pressure on Chico to a degree. .

• Love 1

NGL I forgot Arrow was on tonight, too. I kept thinking we were already on hiatus for a few weeks. It could be that I'm just not interested in 613 at all though.