Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I'm guessing that Dinah goes full throttle on Siren and beats her to near death but then Quentin pleads with her or Dinah goes all "Im better then you" which leads to Siren in Argus custody licking her wounds. 

This would be a conundrum that would make me an IRL “You’re tearing me apart Lisa!” gif. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If Lance is trying to plead BS's case to Dinah after she has to watch BS murder her boyfriend, there's no redeeming Lance's character for me. He'd have to be delusional to still hang on to that hope. 

I have such a hard time with redemption talk about BS. I don't like KC or any character that looks like her so I was never going to want redemption but BS is ridiculous.

She blew up a police station, broke the neck of father begging for his life, stalked and killed a woman then skipped around in her shoes and had no problem teasing a man about killing his daughter.  This isn't a set up for a hero or an anti hero. This is a Villain. Trying to sell her as anything else is sick.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I honestly can’t remember what Anatoly has done up to this point.  The cabal of villains has been a little underwhelming and I’m not even sure why they all decided to band together.

I feel like I’ve missed some important plot points somewhere along the way.

The problem is I'm pretty sure we've all missed those plot points. Anatoly is angry over Oliver's betrayal last year, Cayden is angry over his son's murder and BS hates Team Arrow and really likes murder, we have no idea what anybody else's deal is (Boots is dead and we barely know his name let alone why he was after Oliver) and even what we do know doesn't remotely explain why these people are working together. Wasn't Anatoly's whole deal with the ransom about proving he could a leader? So why is he now Cayden James' flunky? It's like the writers thought "Team of Villains? Cool!" and that was it, no thought to why they were a team.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 3

I like the concept of Team Villains but outside of Cayden/Felicity and Anatoly/Oliver there isn't enough substance. And frankly with those pairings, it's been weak. Too much time spent on screaming matches.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

If Lance is trying to plead BS's case to Dinah after she has to watch BS murder her boyfriend, there's no redeeming Lance's character for me. He'd have to be delusional to still hang on to that hope. 

Lance should decide to take a holiday with his actually alive and much more awesome daughter and her team. It would do him wonders. I guess they have to give him something to do and PB is heartbreaking but this was so predictable and nonsensical at the same time

2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

The problem is I'm pretty sure we've all missed those plot points. Anatoly is angry over Oliver's betrayal last year, Cayden is angry over his son's murder and BS hates Team Arrow and really likes murder, we have no idea what anybody else's deal is (Boots is dead and we barely know his name let alone why he was after Oliver) and even what we do know doesn't remotely explain why these people are working together. Wasn't Anatoly's whole deal with the ransom about proving he could a leader? So why is he now Cayden James' flunky? It's like the writers thought "Team of Villains? Cool!" and that was it, no thought to why they were a team.

It worked wonders for LOT last season so I can see why MG thought it would be cool, but with CJ (and their best actor) falling victim to their TWISTS!! its devolving into "who cares?" right now. Anatoly is the only one I give a damn about left and whilst DN could act as Uber Big Bad, I don't think they're going their and I'm like him and Oliver to come to more of a truce. 

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not enough time has been spent on the villains. 5 mins an episode is not enough. 

They should do (and it's possible they will once Uber Big Bad has been revealed) and Legion of Doom style episode where the villains all learn the value of teamwork and trusting each other. It would be more interesting than putting OTA and NopeTA back together. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Quentin should have died in season 4. His character has been going round in circles with his endless dead daughter drama since the pilot episode. At this point, his character has become thoroughly unwatchable to me. 

• Love 3

I'm sorry for the double post, but I just saw this on another forum and wanted to share:

Well normally I wouldn't be the one spoiling this, especially since I gave up on Arrow when Laurel died but...here goes

*SPOILER ALERTS AHEAD*

Big rumor floating around is that they are talking of bringing back Ra's Al Ghul for another go around. People are speculating this based off of reports of Nyssa coming back for more guest star appearances and the fact that Talia is indeed still out there. 

Big talk is Nyssa is coming to town to warn Oliver's team about her sister reviving daddy for a round two. And that this current Crime Syndicate is merely a ploy to distract and weaken Oliver.

Source

Edited by strikera0

I’d be surprised if they brought back Ra’s as the big bad since he’s pretty widely regarded as the show’s weakest villain. The writers appear to have their heads in the sand when it comes to the audience reaction of a season as it’s airing, but they usualy do an ok job of acknowledging past mistakes once a season is over. No one talks up how good the League arc was (even SA completely ignores Ra’s when he’s asked at cons about his favourite villains; it’s always Chase or Slade with an infrequent nod to Malcolm or Darhk).  Bringing back Ra’s - in a season where they already brought back Slade - makes no sense, especially since this is supposed to be the year where Arrow moves past Oliver’s five years away. Then again, with this show logic doesn’t always come to play... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Quentin should have died in season 4. His character has been going round in circles with his endless dead daughter drama since the pilot episode. At this point, his character has become thoroughly unwatchable to me. 

I haven't cared about Quentin since he let himself be manipulated by Ra's and went after Oliver in season 3B, which he never apologized for, incidentally. I would've been fine with him dying of a heart attack by the end of that season. 

• Love 4

I really hope they don't being back Ras,at least not before recasting the role first.But either way,the LoA is so boring and we've seen it almost every season now.The villain team is lame imo but Ras isn't a better option at all.

I agree Lance should die or get written out at this point.I've never see a character that has only 2 storylines that keep getting repeated every season,it's such a waste of screentime.They're really not doing him any favors by making him not care how many people die as long as he gets to replace his dead daughter.It's a shame because it seemed like they won't go there at the end of season 5 and that he'll be reasonable about BS.

10 hours ago, Trisha said:

I have no idea how legit this is but someone on R*ddi is claiming Vincent dies in the next episode 

E9B19C77-CE16-42D1-A13E-C94897E2D762.jpeg

Well, so much for Dinah getting a love interest this season. Looks like the "romance" will end before it has any proper chance to get started. This gives me serious shades of Laurel and Ted in season 3. 

• Love 1

I think it would make more sense if it turns out to be Chase all along - he and Talia had found a second Lazarus Pit back in S5, put his suicide as part of his plan to throw off Team Arrow, manipulated the team of the villains the whole time, and in the end, reveal that he really was always 10 steps ahead of everyone.  It would explain why he had intel all along if he was connected to Cayden James and manipulated him the whole time and it would explain why Black Siren was willing to work with the other villains.  Honestly though, it's just a way to get Josh Segarra back for another gotcha and I hated Ra's.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Idk could it be a misdirect? He gained powers at the same time as Dinah so perhaps he's got some resistance against it? 

Or the opposite. Because Vince gained his healing power at the same time that Dinah got her sonic scream, the sonic scream is the only thing that he can't heal from and that can kill him.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think it would make more sense if it turns out to be Chase all along - he and Talia had found a second Lazarus Pit back in S5, put his suicide as part of his plan to throw off Team Arrow, manipulated the team of the villains the whole time, and in the end, reveal that he really was always 10 steps ahead of everyone.  It would explain why he had intel all along if he was connected to Cayden James and manipulated him the whole time and it would explain why Black Siren was willing to work with the other villains.  Honestly though, it's just a way to get Josh Segarra back for another gotcha and I hated Ra's.

This is such a great idea. And Chase could be even crazier. It could be awesome. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I’d be surprised if they brought back Ra’s as the big bad since he’s pretty widely regarded as the show’s weakest villain. The writers appear to have their heads in the sand when it comes to the audience reaction of a season as it’s airing, but they usualy do an ok job of acknowledging past mistakes once a season is over. No one talks up how good the League arc was (even SA completely ignores Ra’s when he’s asked at cons about his favourite villains; it’s always Chase or Slade with an infrequent nod to Malcolm or Darhk).  Bringing back Ra’s - in a season where they already brought back Slade - makes no sense, especially since this is supposed to be the year where Arrow moves past Oliver’s five years away.

This and the whole "SPOILERS IF TRUE" style of posting (plus they were only spoiling Nyssa coming back and then saying it was a "rumor" and that "people are speculating") make me think this is a whole lot of nothing.

• Love 1

I like JS but Chase being able to predict anything and everything and bring himself back from the dead doesn't really work for me. I don't want the LOA involved either.

I think I would prefer another brand new Villain introduced. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I speculated awhile back (after that BS in Argus hospital pic came out) that BS would try to kill Vigilante thus leading to that Lance/Dinah talk about people deserving to die.

If the spoilers are true and BS kills Vigilante who is a "good guy" then BS can't be redeemed. The situation will play towards Dinah's pain over losing someone she loves. This time it's not a random extra its someone close to the Team AND unlike Slade, there's no Mirakuru excuse. Also this goes back to BS being BCs villain, which they setup very early. 

Trying to piece the situation together:

Vigilante is good, Dinah trapped under concrete, BS kills Vincent. Dinah/Lance scene about BS needing to die. BC/BS show down. For some reason GA comes in and ties BC up, trailer scene where GA says he's saving her life, BS gets away.

613 or 614 we have BS stalking Lance for some reason

615 we have BS captured? in Argus prison/hospital.

There's always the possibility that Vigilante "dying" is some long con by James but, since his story wraps up in 613, that seems unlikely.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ComicFan777 said:

I cannot accurately convey how much I would hate this. 

So, I’m new here. I’ve been visiting this forum for a while, but never posted. Anyways, I stumbled upon this in another forum and thought I’d share. They DM’d the spoiler guy from Reddit. Pretty obvious, but unfortunately for me since I don’t like her, we’re getting a lot of Dinah in 613 too.

3707A3BF-7AEF-4DB4-A8D5-EC554B3D9486.jpeg

• Love 3

I could see Dinah having a subplot for 613 especially since the BS stuff isn't resolved in 612, but I can't imagine it having too much of Dinah since it's ME's likely last episode. They'll have to wrap up that story and give Oliver a win somehow/set up going forward, plus William's already been confirmed in that episode. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
(edited)

A lot is always relative. While I can't stand the Noobs, I thought 611 had a good balance of OTA vs Team WannaB. I expect 612 and maybe 613 will be Dinah heavy, not Dinah centric. If she's used well and her stuff supports the episode as a whole I'm cool with it.

Plus it makes the live thread run if I can bitch. Shut Up Noobs is my Thursday night mantra, it goes nicely with Shut Up Collinsworth on Sunday Nights ?

PS - Welcome to the board.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Zackary said:

So, I’m new here. I’ve been visiting this forum for a while, but never posted. Anyways, I stumbled upon this in another forum and thought I’d share. They DM’d the spoiler guy from Reddit. Pretty obvious, but unfortunately for me since I don’t like her, we’re getting a lot of Dinah in 613 too.

3707A3BF-7AEF-4DB4-A8D5-EC554B3D9486.jpeg

Welcome ZACKARY please feel free to post whatever respectful opinions you would like to share.

I'm not a big fan of Dinah either although I'm surprised if Vincent bites it soon. Oh well 

Please post your thoughts on this forum going forward, even if you have a different option on anything. ☺

• Love 1

612 and 613 are Dinah heavy? PASS.

I kinda like the idea that Prometheus is behind everything, simply because the team of bad guys isn't really doing it for me and I lost interest in Cayden James the moment they made him all about Oliver and vengeance over his son. It would've been more interesting to see him go up against Felicity but I guess she's not allowed anything for herself anymore. ?

Plus it would be a chance to see JS again. He was so good at being a villain. 

13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Does anyone think we'll get a Felicity/Cayden scene before he's gone? I'm not the only one thinking no, right? 

Nope. He's only for Oliver now. 

18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If they do kill off Cayden I will be annoyed that we didn't get more of him and Siren and hopefully they use it as an opportunity for her to turn on her team in retaliation. I enjoy their bantor.

we've had plenty of her and him, we definitely dont need more. It's partially what made the character so underwhelming. ME is an exceptional actor and you can tell in the scenes with BS, he isn't even trying because the actress doesn't give much for him to work with.

20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Does anyone think we'll get a Felicity/Cayden scene before he's gone? I'm not the only one thinking no, right? 

Which makes you wonder what was even the point of tying him to her, they only shared their intro scene and that was it. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Trying to piece the situation together:

Vigilante is good, Dinah trapped under concrete, BS kills Vincent. Dinah/Lance scene about BS needing to die. BC/BS show down. For some reason GA comes in and ties BC up, trailer scene where GA says he's saving her life, BS gets away.

613 or 614 we have BS stalking Lance for some reason

615 we have BS captured? in Argus prison/hospital.

There's always the possibility that Vigilante "dying" is some long con by James but, since his story wraps up in 613, that seems unlikely.

I would move the Dinah/Lance scene to 613. BS kills Vincent, In 612, Dinah gets out from debris somehow, tries to go after BS, GA stops her. 

613 would be Dinah dealing with Vigilante's death, which somehow involves Lance arguing for BS (UGH!). BS creeps around following Lance. (Scenes were shot in first week of December)

In 614 or 615, Dinah and BS have another confrontation in the woods somewhere (per KC's photo of her and JH second week of January) 

615 BS looks beat up and ends up in the ARGUS hospital (615 wrapped last week)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I would move the Dinah/Lance scene to 613. BS kills Vincent, In 612, Dinah gets out from debris somehow, tries to go after BS, GA stops her. 

613 would be Dinah dealing with Vigilante's death, which somehow involves Lance arguing for BS (UGH!). BS creeps around following Lance. (Scenes were shot in first week of December)

In 614 or 615, Dinah and BS have another confrontation in the woods somewhere (per KC's photo of her and JH second week of January) 

You could have nailed it. I wasn't sure of that long S6B promo was 3 or 4 episodes. 

31 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Doesn't matter that BS helped kidnap Oliver's son and killed Dinah's semi lover, she looks like Lance's family so that's that. MASSIVE EYE ROLL.

Based off of when KC posted the IG video of her face messed up, I think the fight is in 6x14. The cut seems healed some in the BTS of 6x15 so I think some time passes before she ends up in Argus.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wendy’s early comment that Cayden was a villain for both Oliver and Felicity was misleading at best (I’m trying to be kind). Once it was revealed his villain arc was driven by a MYSON plot, he was all Oliver’s.

I think the Cayden/Felicity scene at Helix HQ from 604 will be the one and only one we get.  What a disappointing waste of a storyline for Felicity.

I’m really hoping the amount of Dinah and Dinah/BS facing off it sounds like they’re setting up doesn’t translate to an overwhelming amount of screen time. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Has anyone from Team Evil even spoken to one another apart from Cayden? Such a wasted opprtunity.

No kidding, I don't understand why these people even teamed up with each other because I don't know why half of them even care about Oliver. He probably killed their *insert designated male family member here*. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

Cayden was such a waste of a great actor.I think the worst waste was keeping him isolated with other villains.I feel like he interacted with the main characters though them and like by phone calls mostly.You'd think that when you get Michael Emerson you'd give the main cast as much time with him as possible but apparently not on arrow lol

I don't think he was very much Felicity's or Oliver's villain tbh.Like sure he went after all of them but that's not what I would call a villain for a character specifically the way they sold him.It didn't feel personal or anything that developed Oliver or Felicity,it mostly pushed the plot forward.A villain for Felicity was like her ex Cooper or the her dad in season 4.For Oliver that was chase.I guess in 6.04 Cayden was closer to that but I expected a lot more than one episode.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't think he was very much Felicity's or Oliver's villain tbh

I agree. He's pissed at Oliver for killing his son, but hasn't really done anything to Oliver specifically. He's just killing and punishing a bunch of innocent people in the city. Which, sure, makes Oliver's job as mayor more difficult, but but nothing about it seems very personal so far. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I agree. He's pissed at Oliver for killing his son, but hasn't really done anything to Oliver specifically. He's just killing and punishing a bunch of innocent people in the city. Which, sure, makes Oliver's job as mayor more difficult, but but nothing about it seems very personal so far. 

Oddly enough neither has Dragon for Diggle nor Anatomy for Oliver. Behind a single episode. Maybe there's more to come or maybe each person having a villain just means a 623 fight?

Haven't the x11 to x13 episodes been Laurel heavy?  Looks like they've just transferred it to Dinah.

14 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not enough time has been spent on the villains. 5 mins an episode is not enough. 

Since there had been so much time spent on the n00bs instead, maybe they're the real villains of the season.

12 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It worked wonders for LOT last season so I can see why MG thought it would be cool, but with CJ (and their best actor) falling victim to their TWISTS!! its devolving into "who cares?" right now. Anatoly is the only one I give a damn about left and whilst DN could act as Uber Big Bad, I don't think they're going their and I'm like him and Oliver to come to more of a truce.

I liked Anatoli best when when was a basically good guy caught up in an evil organization.  I'd like him to be redeemed to that state again, although I think DN would be a better Big Bad than KA.

• Love 1

Oh yeah Dragon for Digg has been even worse,barely anything there at all.And BS vs BC was in one episode and a few fights and snarky comments.I guess with the Vigilante thing they're giving it some actual reason for a rivalry.But that's half a season in already.So far the villain team has kinda been isolated with each other mostly and targeting random people and occasionally meeting the heroes in a fight.And that's such a superficial way to write this story imo,which is why I find it so boring.I do hope they step it up in the later half but I'm not that convinced it will happen seeing how the one interesting villain will be gone and I find the rest of them so lame.

• Love 2

I thought they had exposed an interesting angle when Cayden essentially got Felicity to do his dirty work for him.  I thought that would be such an interesting plot - to have Felicity actually be responsible inadvertently for some of the things Cayden was pushing forward.  Then again, I thought the S2 midseason episode with the Slade voiceover of all he wanted to do to Oliver, including make those closest to him doubt him (Felicity was used during this line) was so promising.  And nothing happened.  

• Love 10