Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The Arrow Villain Who Poses The Biggest Threat To Team Arrow, According To One Star
BY LAURA HURLEY   January 19, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2285701/the-arrow-villain-who-poses-the-biggest-threat-to-team-arrow-according-to-one-star

... Rather than introducing one big bad in the manner of the first five seasons, the sixth season developed a whole team of supervillains, including Black Siren, Richard Dragon, Anatoly Knyazev, Cayden James, and Vigilante. All of the bad guys have different strengths and weaknesses. Actor Echo Kellum plays Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific on Arrow, and he recently told CinemaBlend about which of these bad guys poses the biggest threat to Team Arrow and Star City:

"I definitely think Cayden James having the ability to play a lot of mental games, having the wealth of intelligence that he has. Definitely a formidable force. So it's interesting to see but all these guys have these really interesting skillsets on its own could shake the core of the team. They all bring it. But that's a really tough question. I feel like right now, though, Cayden James seems to be the person with the highest stakes to exact, vengeance or whatever type of justice or comeuppance he sees upon Star City."

According to Echo Kellum, Cayden James is the member of the supervillain team who has the potential to cause the most damage in the battle against Team Arrow. It was possible that Arrow was going to shuffle James out of the forefront after he successfully assembled the group of baddies, but Kellum's comments indicate that he'll still be in the thick of the nefarious action.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, WindofChange said:

This is proven to be the most effective way of getting me excited for an episode

Me too! Judging by the preview and description, I assumed this wouldn’t be much of a Felicity ep but now I’m stoked. I wonder if she gets all mama bear over William (which I can see Stephen really liking).

@way2interested other people think she's in ARGUS facility too.

Is she captured and sent to prison until popping back in for final showdown 621-623?

Is she captured and imprisoned for the rest of the season? Contract up?

Is this Lance saying FU/Goodbye you're NOT my daughter just a crazy/killer Dupe from another Earth?

Enquiring Minds Want to Know ?

On 1/20/2018 at 10:52 AM, lemotomato said:

I'm sorry, but to switching the big bad from Michael Emerson to KC wouldn't just be a downgrade, it would be dropping off a cliff.

It would be a trainwreck of epic proportions. Awful.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is she captured and sent to prison until popping back in for final showdown 621-623?

Is this Lance saying FU/Goodbye you're NOT my daughter just a crazy/killer Dupe from another Earth?

giphy.gif

If they put BS back into ARGUS custody, please have competent agents guarding her. 

(Also, please free Lance from this storyline.)

Since there are already clues about ARGUS going after metas, it makes sense. Plus, do they try to take away her power and perform surgery on her she's already in a hospital gown. Personally, I didn't look beyond the gown and just assumed she's in the usual SC hospital room. Great catch, @way2interested.

I bet Dinah, BS and Lance are their own seperate story in 615. While Oliver, Diggle, Thea and Felicity deal with the Roy storyline. 

JH posted on her story about Dinah in her cop/civilian clothes. RG has been barely filming i think for this episode. 

Edited by Velocity23

Meh. It's probably the start/part of BS's redemption? And by "redemption" I mean she'll just be another Malcolm Merlyn. It's not going to be the redemption her fans are begging for, IMO. Although maybe they'll be satisfied with that as it'll keep her on the show? IDK.

Edited by Guest

What if the "new thing" they're doing with the villains is taking them out one by one instead of dragging out the conflict until the last 2-3 episodes of the season like they usually do? Cayden James gets dealt with in 613, BS in 615. That leaves 7 more episodes for Dragon, Vigilante, and Anatoli's arcs to play out, with the finale reserved for whatever master plan they've been cooking up the whole season to come to fruition. At the last HVFF, DR's answers to "2 truths and a lie" referred to a bomb going off in Star City. Maybe all the bads get disposed of, only for the bomb they've been building turn out to be this season's "big bad".

(edited)
5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

What if the "new thing" they're doing with the villains is taking them out one by one instead of dragging out the conflict until the last 2-3 episodes of the season like they usually do? Cayden James gets dealt with in 613, BS in 615. That leaves 7 more episodes for Dragon, Vigilante, and Anatoli's arcs to play out, with the finale reserved for whatever master plan they've been cooking up the whole season to come to fruition. 

That would be fascinating and certainly different. 

Wait wait, I'll go one better. Team WannaBs ARE the real Big Bads LOL ??

No, in all seriousness, I like the idea that they build up the team only to pick them off. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

I really want Lance to punch BS in the face. I am so tired of her manipulating him. I'm tired of the writers making him look like such a dunce. It was bad enough in s1 when he didn't recognize Oliver even though my head canon is that he always knew and was in denial because he hated Oliver.

Anyhoo, why are they doing this to him again but in a different way? I hate it. So I don't want him to kill her himself because at this point I think that would mess with his head even more, but just him punch her and then she dies from something that backfires on her.

If she is back then I’m guessing we can expect a wagon load of “husband” jokes. Sigh. 

I really hope they take the opportunity to wrap up that lingering plot point. It’s been three years, I feel like it’s time to let it go and move on.

Edited by kes0704
4 hours ago, kes0704 said:

If she is back then I’m guessing we can expect a wagon load of “husband” jokes. Sigh. 

I really hope they take the opportunity to wrap up that lingering plot point. It’s been three years, I feel like it’s time to let it go and move on.

Maybe they'll finally ended that stupid thing.

11 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Lolz. I would pay money to see those outtakes.

I love that tweet but I just assumed she was kidding about the whole thing. But maybe she really did think her character was supposed to slap Oliver, and now I’m curious. Slap him awake? 

55 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I love that tweet but I just assumed she was kidding about the whole thing. But maybe she really did think her character was supposed to slap Oliver, and now I’m curious. Slap him awake? 

I thought it might be a light wifely slap on the bum before sending Oliver off somewhere. 

7 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Yeah, it's tiresome. It's also weird to think Nyssa would tease Oliver or anyone with something like that considering she almost knifed him at the wedding. But then again, Nyssa has always struck me as having a weird sense of humor. I hope Felicity shuts that down. Just one word and a steely look: "Nyssa." And Nyssa, with a smirk, obeys. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
22 hours ago, lemotomato said:

What if the "new thing" they're doing with the villains is taking them out one by one instead of dragging out the conflict until the last 2-3 episodes of the season like they usually do? Cayden James gets dealt with in 613, BS in 615. That leaves 7 more episodes for Dragon, Vigilante, and Anatoli's arcs to play out, with the finale reserved for whatever master plan they've been cooking up the whole season to come to fruition. At the last HVFF, DR's answers to "2 truths and a lie" referred to a bomb going off in Star City. Maybe all the bads get disposed of, only for the bomb they've been building turn out to be this season's "big bad".

That's a great idea. Also, if OTA can take out the villains one by one, then they're not outnumbered and wouldn't need the newbies at all.

11 hours ago, Chaser said:

KL is in Van. Maybe Nyssa is back for 6x16.

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow': Echo Kellum On Team Being Fractured & Colton Haynes' Upcoming Return As Roy Harper
Published on Jan 23, 2018, by Access 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opl9oEyQcfE

On why there are now two teams on Arrow:
-- EK: "Because the writers wrote that way. You know what, I think it creates some good friction, right? I mean, you never want it all to always perfectly play out. It just kinda gets boring and, you know, redundant. So it's really infusing some new depth of a kinda like Civil War that's going on... I actually really like it. And I like the fact that it's not just a one-off episode - that it's something they're really delving into, to really show how fractitious the team has been, you know... I can't wait to see how it all plays out in the end, but it's just really cool to be a part of it, you know."

On the two teams theoretically really should be drawing together to fight a common enemy and what would bring the two teams back together:
-- EK: "I think it's gonna take some type of, like, Crisis on Earth-X [scene?-unintelligible word] type of event that pushes them to have to, you know, come back together and fight for the better good. I hope."

On what Mr. Terrific, Black Canary and Wild Dog are like as a trio team:
-- EK: "We still pretty much are ourselves. We just go about the aspect of a team differently."

On who's the leader of the new team:
-- EK: "Our team is more of a democracy. You know, it's like, you have majority - like majority - it's not even majority rules. It's like, it has to be consensus, you know what I'm saying? So we are definitely just trying to do things a little bit different than Oliver and how he's normally done it. We're just trying to make sure that we're honest with each other and open. But Wild Dog's still stubborn. Canary's still - you can't tell her, you know, to not go head first, you know, fully into a mission. And I'm still, like, tech nerd and up to being silly."
-- Access interviewer interjects that she doesn't think that will work out in the field "without one shot-caller."
-- EK: "I mean, I think they pick their places where they take command. Right? So even in a democracy, right, you know, different branches have to step up. So if it's a situation where it feels like Curtis will be best suited to step up, he definitely will. And Black Canary will too. But you'll just see their dynamic where they really seem to have a unity and kind of a unique way that they approach the bad guys in Star City."

On Colton Haynes being back as Roy and whether he's going to pretend that he was the vigilante all along:
-- EK: "I can't get too deep into what's going on with Roy because they would literally like probably send some people to hurt me, like, in WB suits... It's so awesome to have him back... He brings so much to every single scene that he's in, so if you were a fan of a lot that was going on with him in Season 2 and Season 1, you'll see a lot of those things come back. Maybe some, uh, chapters open and close. So, uh, there'll be some really cool moments."

Edited by tv echo

Just like Curtis thinks he should be most important even though Felicity and Diggle have been there from the beginning, so to does Echo talk like he has been in the show since the beginning. You weren't even in the same seasons as Roy Echo. 

I guess it was EK's turn to do all the PR this time. I just need him to be quiet. I know he's just trying to sell his character and storyline but everything he says manages to annoy me. The newbies suck and they're wrong. The end. 

I swear if they really have the newbies as some flawless team who work together effortlessly and don't need any help, they can all choke. If they're suggesting OTA need help, then I'll need to see the same thing for the newbies. Otherwise they might as well just come out and admit they're diminishing OTA's skills to prop these newbies that IDGAF about anyway and there's no coming back from my bitterness about that. Not that there was any coming back anyway, not after 610, but some balance would definitely help.

EK keeps comparing his new team to a democracy (which, incidentally, does have a leadership hierarchy) and how they're going to make decisions by consensus. That's just not realistic if they're fighting out in the field. There has to be one leader. Military combat forces don't fight by consensus out in the field. There's a clear line of command.

If the newbies are still going to be themselves, then they're not so much a team as an alliance. Rene is still going to make his own decisions and prioritize himself and his daughter, convinced that he is right. Dinah is still going to make her own decisions and keep her own secrets, convinced that she is right. Curtis is still going to waffle and sulk.

So the only way that they'll work together flawlessly as a team is if the script dictates that they essentially (and magically) know without speaking who should do what out in the field, even when unexpected things come up and split-second decisions need to be made.

Edited by tv echo
21 minutes ago, tv echo said:

EK keeps comparing his new team to a democracy (which, incidentally, does have a leadership hierarchy) and how they're going to make decisions by consensus. That's just not realistic if they're fighting out in the field. There has to be one leader. Military combat forces don't fight by consensus out in the field. There's a clear line of command.

If the newbies are still going to be themselves, then they're not so much a team as an alliance. Rene is still going to make his own decisions and prioritize himself and his daughter, convinced that he is right. Dinah is still going to make her own decisions and keep her own secrets, convinced that she is right. Curtis is still going to waffle and sulk.

So the only way that they'll work together flawlessly as a team is if the script dictates that they essentially (and magically) know without speaking who should do what out in the field, even when unexpected things come up and split-second decisions need to be made.

Or will they do the unthinkable and make this team fall flat on their face and crawling back to Oliver? Could it be??? That would be a huge twist i would not see coming for sure.

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

On who's the leader of the new team:
-- EK: "Our team is more of a democracy. You know, it's like, you have majority - like majority - it's not even majority rules. It's like, it has to be consensus, you know what I'm saying? So we are definitely just trying to do things a little bit different than Oliver and how he's normally done it. We're just trying to make sure that we're honest with each other and open. But Wild Dog's still stubborn. Canary's still - you can't tell her, you know, to not go head first, you know, fully into a mission. And I'm still, like, tech nerd and up to being silly."

LOL! How is this gonna work when Rene will be testifying against Oliver which will lead them all be investigated and sent to prison?

ZmJb0_s-200x150.gif

So, Wild Dog is still not following the rules. They better home no one takes Rene hostage or blackmail him again by taking his daughter. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5470243