Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

At least Black Siren seems to have a brain and clearly knows these people aren't the ones she once knew. If only Oliver et al. understood that too! ?

39 minutes ago, tv echo said:

That would be inconsistent with what The Flash is selling, wouldn't it? From what I understand, WestAllen is destined true love - and the shows share the same universe. Also, there's Laurel's line about how she knew that she was not the love of Oliver's life.

So SA is saying that Black Siren feels "nothing" for our Oliver. And the previous TVLine article said that, according to SA, "stone-cold Black Siren feels nothing" when she looks at the other Laurel Lance’s loved ones. That seems inconsistent with KC saying that Black Siren is at a crossroads and that the only thing that'll get her through is family. KC also said, iirc, that Black Siren and Quentin will develop a growing bond and that, as her back story is revealed, other characters will sympathize with her. I know KC is pushing for the redemption story, but SA's comments don't seem encouraging in that regard - at least not in the near future.

I don't remember the Quentin part but as far as her back story, if it hasn't been explored yet in the show, there is nothing to sympathize with so it wouldn't be inconsistent

I have the feeling that Felicity might help Oliver bond with William instead. I say this because Oliver might find it difficult to have a normal father-son relationship at first, feeling guilty about what happened to his mother and to him, about his nightmares, about not being in his life for years while Felicity doesn't have any of that on her shoulders and she is also sweet and supportive, so easy to talk to. Also there's a certain amount of expectations that come with meeting your dad later in life and it can be difficult at the beginning not just for Oliver but for William too.

• Love 11

What can you tease about Anatoly’s return on Arrow this season? — Franco
Oliver’s mentor returning as an enemy, not an ally, will put the Emerald Archer in a very difficult position. “Anatoly has an interesting power over him that I don’t know a lot of other villains — if any villain at all — has ever had,” Stephen Amell tells me. “Oliver didn’t kill Chase for a very specific reason, because that’s what Chase wanted, but he tried to kill Malcolm, and he killed Slade once upon a time, and then put him away in prison, and then he went on this anti-killing thing, but he still killed Ra’s al Ghul and still killed Damien Darhk. Anatoly is this weird grey area of a guy that he loves and respects too much.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/05/spoiler-room-arrow-greys-anatomy-once-upon-time/

47 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He's met Oliver before and after the cliff hanger, he is a whole lotmore familia with Oliver then Felicity. 

I don't see that as confirmation she was playing him. Especially after he locked her up and she had to rely on Chase again. Not to mention that she never really showed as caring for him in the first place.

I don't really buy into William knowing Oliver any better than he knew his local mailman.  We know of a short playdate with action figures, some nebulous trip back to Central City and the rescue.  I think I know you better than William knew Oliver.  So I tend not to think much of anything William knew about Oliver.  Finding out that he's the Green Arrow alone would undo any feeling of knowing him IMO.  

In 510 BS acts like Oliver is getting through to her because of residual feelings she had for her Oliver that died ten years ago, going so far as to blame his death for her downward spiral.  She acted in a manner that let her try and manipulate Oliver's emotions by letting him think there was an intrinsic connection between her and E1 Laurel.   But here we find out that she's not conflicted, she feels nothing.  So to me that says the way she acted around Oliver, but notable NOT around Felicity, was as much a pretense as I always thought.  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't really buy into William knowing Oliver any better than he knew his local mailman.  We know of a short playdate with action figures, some nebulous trip back to Central City and the rescue.  I think I know you better than William knew Oliver.  So I tend not to think much of anything William knew about Oliver.  Finding out that he's the Green Arrow alone would undo any feeling of knowing him IMO. 

Not to mention the fact that the whole time William "knew" Oliver, he thought he was his mom's friend. That implies Oliver didn't have a lot of leeway to establish a deep personal relationship with William. 

• Love 7

Do we know how much time Oliver actually spent with William? Because I know there was discussion on whether he was constantly going up to CC to see him (and leaving a recently paralyzed Felicity alone in the process) or whether he just met him once or twice. Because I know Oliver told Felicity that he didn't want to get involved in William's life without the chance for Felicity to get involved too, which implies that he hadn't really seen him a lot, IMO. So I'm not sure we know just how much of a relationship they built tbh.

Just now, Angel12d said:

Do we know how much time Oliver actually spent with William?

I don't think anyone knows this, including the EPs. They could decide to say that Oliver only saw William one time, ignoring the "trips back and forth to CC" nonsense from 412(?). Or they could decide, "you know what? Oliver was visiting William every single weekend since he first met him until he was kidnapped the first time." I don't think we can look at past episodes to determine that. 

• Love 3

Let’s talk Black Siren. We don’t know much about her life on Earth-2 other than she lost her version of Oliver. Is your plan to show us exactly how these two Laurels differ?
We definitely want to share with the audience Black Siren’s backstory and how the worlds are different. We’ve talked about, like, do we do a flashback? I’ll be honest, in my mind right now, and this may be sharing too much of my process, but it’s a little weird to do a flashback to a parallel universe on a show that’s not Flash, so until we crack that, I can’t promise that, but it’s very important for the arc of the year for the audience to understand where Black Siren is coming from. The thing is, we’ve really taken to just calling her Laurel, because this is Laurel. It’s just a different Laurel than the one we knew for four years.

Looks like Black Siren will get even more short-changed than I imagined if they aren't even going to do an Earth-2 flashback episode with her, but luckily, that would also mean that we won't have to sit through any unneccessary E-2 Lauriver scenes that would only feed the delusions of the ever more desperate Lauriver shippers. Not that their delusions need any feeding - they are doing a great job at that all by themselves, LOL. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 9

Do we even know for sure if E2 Oliver was "her Oliver"? I can't remember seeing any confirmation that anything BS said was true last season - which I feel was done so they could wait to decide her backstory for S6 - but is there anything we actually know is definitely 100% true about BS' life on E2?

2 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Looks like Black Siren will get even more short-changed than I imagined if they aren't even going to do an Earth-2 flashback episode with her, but luckily, that would also mean that we won't have to sit through any unneccessary E-2 Lauriver scenes that would only feed the delusions of the ever more desperate Lauriver shippers (not that their delusions need any feeding - they are feeding them pretty well all by themselves, LOL). 

I have to admit I'm surprised. I really did expect them to do a flashback episode with her. I didn't think it'd be much but something. But it is better that we don't have to endure E2 Lauriver. If they couldn't make E1 Lauriver work, nothing will. 

10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I don't think anyone knows this, including the EPs. They could decide to say that Oliver only saw William one time, ignoring the "trips back and forth to CC" nonsense from 412(?). Or they could decide, "you know what? Oliver was visiting William every single weekend since he first met him until he was kidnapped the first time." I don't think we can look at past episodes to determine that. 

Yeah, I think they're probably gonna make it up as they go along. Haha. 

30 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I have the feeling that Felicity might help Oliver bond with William instead. I say this because Oliver might find it difficult to have a normal father-son relationship at first, feeling guilty about what happened to his mother and to him, about his nightmares, about not being in his life for years while Felicity doesn't have any of that on her shoulders and she is also sweet and supportive, so easy to talk to. Also there's a certain amount of expectations that come with meeting your dad later in life and it can be difficult at the beginning not just for Oliver but for William too.

At this point, it would probably be the better way to incorporate the storyline (involving other characters in it) into the season, since usually separating characters from the main plot or other characters usually ends up being harder for them and not as well-received by the audience.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Looks like Black Siren will get even more short-changed than I imagined if they aren't even going to do an Earth-2 flashback episode with her, but luckily, that would also mean that we won't have to sit through any unneccessary E-2 Lauriver scenes that would only feed the delusions of the ever more desperate Lauriver shippers. Not that their delusions need any feeding - they are feeding them pretty well all by themselves, LOL. 

Yeah I'm surprised they haven't already decided to do some "sideflashbacks" to E2. But they didn't say they wouldn't in the future so I'm still expecting it at some point when they can't think of anything else to do with her. They did say they've just taken to calling her Laurel, so maybe they'll end up writing Oliver's "more hopeful" POV as correct eventually when they forget these actually are two different Laurels just like they didn't bother to explain how Nu!DD has Laurel and Sara's mother's exact name. That or they're enjoying referring to/writing LL as a villain.

11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Do we even know for sure if E2 Oliver was "her Oliver"? I can't remember seeing any confirmation that anything BS said was true last season - which I feel was done so they could wait to decide her backstory for S6 - but is there anything we actually know is definitely 100% true about BS' life on E2?

I can't remember if anything was said for certain but I will assume she at least knew E2 Oliver. I think it's just KC's headcanon at the moment that him dying is what drove her evil but nothing to say that's what the writers will go for yet, though I imagine KC will pitch that to them. 

23 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The trips to CC were stupid because there are only so many lies about why you're going until it becomes obvious something more is going on, even if Oliver said he was visiting Barry and Barry agreed to cover for him, which makes the whole thing even worse. I hope they didn't see each other more than a couple of times but even if they did Samantha was only allowing Oliver to be known as "Mommy's friend" (and still letting him alone with her kid in his room, stupid woman) so it's not much of a bond even then. It makes more sense with the current storyline if Oliver is a near stranger but who knows?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

The trips to CC were stupid because there are only so many lies about why you're going until it becomes obvious something more is going on, even if Oliver said he was visiting Barry and Barry agreed to cover for him, which makes the whole thing even worse. I hope they didn't see each other more than a couple of times but even if they did Samantha was only allowing Oliver to be known as "Mommy's friend" (and still letting him alone with her kid in his room, stupid woman) so it's not much of a bond even then. It makes more sense with the current storyline if Oliver is a near stranger but who knows?

I think they realized that trying to have Oliver be a good father and spend time with Myson by secretly visiting as much as possible while Felicity is recovering from an attack that paralyzed her was even a bridge too far for them and just dropped it and only mentioned it during Thea's (?) crisis.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think they realized that trying to have Oliver be a good father and try to spend time without Myson by secretly visiting as much as possible while Felicity is recovering from an attack that paralyzed her was even a bridge too far for them and just dropped it and only mentioned it during Thea's (?) crisis.

I think so too. They made a sneaky comment and that was it. Cowards, lol

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I'm on board with this, having Felicity as the conduit between Oliver and his son. I can see her helping Myson realize who the real Oliver is. As long as it's not a one-way street. That she's not just the one propping ... I mean, helping Myson. Oliver having a kid definitely adds another layer to his relationship with Felicity and I hope Myson's presence is used to explore Olicity more. Specifically, on the issue of Olicitots/future kids/family, since that was never a conversation that Oliver and Felicity had. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

That would be inconsistent with what The Flash is selling, wouldn't it? From what I understand, WestAllen is destined true love - and the shows share the same universe. Also, there's Laurel's line about how she knew that she was not the love of Oliver's life.

W/A and Olicity are very different people and couples, so I actually can see that happening and working. Like Oliver and Felicity are watching W/A getting married, aww, it's always been meant to be, since they were babies (let's conveniently forget Eddie for a minute). And then Oliver/Olicity realizes, or rather verbalize that that's not them, they were never meant to be, and while Barry and Iris's thing works for them, they (Oliver and Felicity) would not change what they have and what they have built and been working on for year for anything. I love working on us. It's both the easiest and hardest thing in my life, and certainly the most fulfilling. And there's nothing I's love doing more for the next fifty or sixty years. Let's get married.

BS having no flashbacks surprises me not in the slightest given filming spoilers and what the paps have been saying about her importance in the season. Like, I guess maybe they might do it if for some reason they can't do whatever they thought up originally for an episode or they have an episode they don't know what to do with.

• Love 4

So even with a new alter ego Marc still can't be bothered giving Laurel a storyline. Me thinks there are going to be a whole group of people who think all this promo means Black Siren/Laurel is a massive star of the show who are going to be bitterly disappointed. 

35 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So even with a new alter ego Marc still can't be bothered giving Laurel a storyline. Me thinks there are going to be a whole group of people who think all this promo means Black Siren/Laurel is a massive star of the show who are going to be bitterly disappointed. 

So true, that's another thing I don't get about the promotion; the viewers it's successfully attracting are going to be rightfully pissed when the show they're being sold isn't the one they get. The promotion is ultimately going to make no one happy/encourage them to watch so what's the point?

I have a theory:

*Silly woman at CW promotes only KC/BS

*Olicity/OTA fans know the spoilers so we grizzle about the promtion but will still watch so no big deal

*The average person like my husband (and this is probably a big chunk of viewers) who watches the show but doesn't care about it much won't care about the promo. He might think "oh they keep showing the woman in leather with the bad acting" but people like him will forget the ads they see and still leave leave the TV on when the show is on. 

*BS fans will be sh@tty but how many of them are there?

• Love 5

Honestly I am not that surprised by what I am reading about William. SA has loved this storyline from the beginning. I assume because he makes it known that he loves being a dad. Therefore I think he must be thrilled that this can happen for Oliver. But still, I have no idea where they will go if the storyline becomes uninteresting or everyone and their mother doesn't like it. Boarding school for William?

But my favorite part of the TVline interview is this:  

TVLINE | From the panel, it seems that you obviously hold Season 5 in high regard — and that was a fantastic season. I even had people at work who don’t watch the show but tuned in for the finale saying, “That was a helluva finale.”
I like that.

I don't know if I would call S5 'fantastic' and the season finale was good but it wasn't 'must stop to watch' kind of television. Also I don't understand why they praise S5 as much. It really wasn't that awesome. Judging by the ratings, which nobody seems to like to talk about, not many people wanted to see S5. Regardless of why they didn't but if word of mouth had been so fantastic more people might have tuned in. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I see it as spin, the way they talk about S5. If they say it enough, they might be able to convince more people it wasn't crap.

Well, I think 5b (overall)>>>4b and >>≥>>>>5a, but yeah it is pretty much just spin or already jumping the gun on overcompensating after feeling disappointed with the ending of s4. It's like the new s1&s2 were the best (if you forget about those episodes in the middle of s2 and that even Netflix reports that it takes quite a while for people to start getting into s1, but sure all of s1-s2 were great)!

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 8

To be honest I really don't see how season 4 and season 5 are so drastically different from each other. I think there were things in season 4 that season 5 corrected just like there were things in season 3 that season 4 corrected and so on and so on but I don't see this drastic difference that Stephen Amell and all the frat boy comic Reddit crowd seem to think season 5 was from prior seasons?‍♀️

Theres only really one drastic difference and that was that Olicity were dating other people. So to me the whole Tagline "season 5 was the best ever" from the Reddit crowd reeks of ulterior motive. 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

18 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I think they realized that trying to have Oliver be a good father and spend time with Myson by secretly visiting as much as possible while Felicity is recovering from an attack that paralyzed her was even a bridge too far for them and just dropped it and only mentioned it during Thea's (?) crisis.

I agree. The EPs backed themselves into a corner. If Oliver tried to be a good dad and visited Myson frequently, then he was lying to Felicity each and every time about why he was going to Central City so often - and Barry might have to back up his lies. That's not how a hero behaves. However, if he only saw Myson that one time, then Oliver was being a neglectful dad. Again, that's not how a hero behaves.

As for the WestAllen versus Olicity issue, I assumed that the original question was whether the concept of OTP (fairytale true love) exists in the Arrowverse. So I thought that The Flash was selling that this concept does exist, so therefore it must also exist on Arrow. In other words, given the shared universe, you can't have OTP in Central City but not in Star City. However, how you get there can differ. For example, the OTP on The Flash was always clear because of that future headline with the Iris West-Allen byline (and Because Comics), so even Iris bought into that concept after she found out about it. However, on Arrow, the OTP was not always clear because it started out with Laurel but then turned out to be Felicity. So Oliver (unlike Barry) didn't always know - but hopefully he will realize it during the crossover. It's like Adrian Chase turning out to be Prometheus and not the Vigilante - comics fans assumed one thing Because Comics, but the show did something else.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I think Arrow has done enough to sell the fairytale OTP with Olicity. Yes we saw them grow in stages in S1, S2 etc etc but they have also inserted enough scenes for the "fairytale true love" argument.

Scenes like the meet cute, when Oliver saw her upgrading the computers and had a stupid smitten smile on his face, "Felicity I do believe in magic." That is all some major love at first sight/fairytale stuff! Enough for me to buy that Oliver is always going to fall for this girl no matter when he meets her.

And I know we all disliked this because it made Laurel look like chump but the whole

I'm really glad that you found Felicity, and I hope you find your way back to her. And Ollie, I know that I am not the love of your life blah blah blah

further hammered the fact that Oliver's true love is Felicity. Olicity don't need to be sold as destiny, they have enough chemistry, love and friendship to back them up but you can make a destiny argument for them pretty easily.   

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 17

I'm all for Oliver having some realizations in the lead up to marrying Felicity (because I want there to be build up to their proposal/wedding) but I'm not quite sure why he needs those realizations tbh? I thought the show established long ago that Felicity was Oliver's big love. I guess they feel it needs solidifying, probably after the mess that was the 100th and that massive bone they threw the Laurivers which made them all think Oliver is still in love with Laurel. ?

I just answered my own question. Haha.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

To be honest I really don't see how season 4 and season 5 are so drastically different from each other. I think there were things in season 4 that season 5 corrected just like there were things in season 3 that season 4 corrected and so on and so on but I don't see this drastic difference that Stephen Amell and all the frat boy comic Reddit crowd seem to think season 5 was from prior seasons

I think s4 was an overcorrection on s3 (instead of gloomy, we'll go fantastical to match the other shows) and then s5 was an overcorrection on s4 (instead of fantastical, we'll go bare-boned and "gritty"), which then created problems that the next season had to correct (s4 became tonally all over the place to correct the unrelenting gloomy tone, s5 became bland to correct the inconsistent tone). Question is I wonder how they'll use s6 in correcting. Without any real knowledge, I'm guessing it's trying to correct the momentum of the overall season starting with the beginning of the season, since 6a from offhand spoilers seems to have a lot going on compared to 5a. And maybe also Oliver since SA at least acknowledged that he noticed people weren't liking Oliver last year and he's pushing the "content" Oliver vs. the "just getting by" Oliver from last year.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 5

I think what Oliver will realize in the crossovers won't be how much he loves Felicity because I think its clear he already knows that,even with season 5 I don't think he ever doubted that as much as thought he ruined his chance with her for good.Imo it could be more like him realizing they don't need to go slow and not wanting to waste anymore time,that type of thing and it leads to them getting married.

• Love 21

Not to belabor the point, but I also want to clarify - from a real life, behind-the-scenes perspective (and from the comics perspective), Oliver & Felicity were not always meant to be. But within the fictional reality created by Arrow, the argument can be made that Oliver & Felicity were always meant to be. Let's assume that you know nothing about what happens in the comics...

Oliver returns to Starling City a completely changed man. Laurel is his old girlfriend. She's angry and bitter because he slept with her sister and her sister died. She also never seems to recognize that he's changed and remains in love with the man he used to be and the future they used to plan together. Now, if Oliver never went on that boat trip, maybe he and Laurel would've stayed together (like the 100th episode tried to show). But if Oliver hadn't gone on the boat trip, he never would've become the Green Arrow, so the origin story required that transformation. If they really wanted the GA/BC romance to work, they should have had Oliver meet Laurel for the first time after returning to Starling City (as well as cast a different actress). Instead, post-island Oliver meets Felicity, and she's the first person who he sees as "a person" rather than a threat or a target (301-The Calm):

Oliver: “I'm sorry. I'm just a little out of my element… The entire time that I was gone, I could never completely trust someone. And when that goes on long, you stop seeing people for people. You see threats. Or targets. And when I decided to come home, I - I just didn't know how to turn that part of me off. Then I walked into your office. You were the first person that I could see as a… a person. There was just something about you.”

He reveals his secret identity to her. They gain each other's trust, respect, friendship, and finally, love. They save each other's lives. They share a common cause. They eventually share a life. As has been discussed in this forum before, it's really the Poldark version of OTP - Ross originally considered Elizabeth his true love, but eventually realizes that Demelza is his true love.

Here's another thing - if Oliver had never gone on the boat trip, he might've still met Felicity at some point. His father would still be alive and Oliver would've eventually ended up working at Queen Consolidated. Based on the 100th episode, Oliver matures into a responsible adult in 10 years even without the island. By that time, Felicity would be working for Walter (who never married Moira). It's entirely possible that Oliver would've met Felicity at Queen Consolidated and been intrigued by her. 

The crossover concerns me some, only because I don't trust the EPs to handle Oliver's "true love" realization right.

ETA: Maybe they decided to do the Olicity wedding on the crossover (assuming spoilers are true) so that they didn't have to deal with contracting Charlotte Ross and Tom Amandes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

On the bright side they could TOTALLY go fanfic on us and have some destiny true love realisation for Olicity. Nothing new but just hammer it home in the most fan ficcy way possible. Which is not necessarily a bad thing...... 

• Love 1

Ha, ha (opinions from anti-Olicity writers)...

'Arrow' Crossover Will Be All About Oliver and His 'True Love' 
October 05, 2017   Derek Stauffer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/upcoming-arrow-crossover-will-66268.aspx

... Perhaps the wedding of Barry and Iris will finally convince Oliver and Felicity that it's time for them to tie the knot too. 

However, that doesn't really fit with Mericle's assertion that what Oliver learns in the crossover will be surprising. If Oliver is going to learn something shocking about true love, it would be strange if that revolved around Felicity since the pair's tumultuous relationship has been front and center on Arrow for three seasons. Anything about Oliver and Felicity getting back together isn't surprising, it's expected. 
So, there's a chance that the crossover will introduce a romance with Oliver more in-line with the comics. Seeing Oliver start something new with the new Black Canary, Dinah Drake (who is confirmed to appear in the crossover) or even Earth-2 Laurel Lance, Black Siren. There's been hints of chemistry between Oliver and them since the characters' introduction.

What To Expect From Green Arrow In The CW’s Big Crossover Event
BY CONNER SCHWERDTFEGER   Oct. 5, 2017
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1710959/what-to-expect-from-green-arrow-in-the-cws-big-crossover-event

It's an intriguing angle for the crossover to take, but it also definitely opens up plenty more questions as a result. If Oliver's love life will play a key role in how this crossover event pans out, then it leaves us wondering who his "true love" really is. Remember, we're going to see an alternate Earth during this event, and the Barry/Iris dynamic has shown us that certain people are destined to be together -- even across dimensional barriers. Is Olicity as rock solid as The Flash's main couple? Was the late Laurel Lance actually Oliver's true love? Or is someone else waiting to steal Green Arrow's heart?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

It's honestly so strange the amount of people that I have seen who  claim that the crossover will have oliver realize he's in love with anyone else but Felicity. Like I don't know if these folks are trolling, in denial or just downright stupid. HAVE YOU NOT BEEN WATCHING THIS SHOW FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS?

Either way, I am going to enjoy all the shocked faces and the tears that will ensue once Olicity says I DO in the crossover.

• Love 18

This article starts with the premise that only Oliver and William are clearly safe, since that's who we saw in the boat at the end of S5...

Arrow Season 6 Dead Pool: Who's Safe and Who's Definitely Dead?
By Lindsay Macdonald | Oct 5, 2017 6:14 PM EDT
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-6-dead-pool/

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards): Least likely to die 

Sorry haters, there's just no way. The time when it would have been okay to kill off Felicity Smoak came and went somewhere in the middle of Season 1. Seeing as it's already been announced that Felicity will pop up in a small crossover with The Flash this season, the odds of her survival are good. Plus, when you factor in that goodbye kiss in the finale -- the one that finally opened the door back up for Oliver and Felicity romantically -- there's just no chance she's dead.

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards): Least likely to die
Black Siren (Katie Cassidy): Safe and sound
Slade (Manu Bennet): Nope, he's all good
Quentin (Paul Blackthorn): Pretty unlikely
Diggle (David Ramsey): Probably not... right?!
Curtis (Echo Kellum), Rene (Rick Gonzalez) and Dinah (Juliana Harkavay): Can't say one way or another
Thea (Willa Holland): We're genuinely worried
Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman): Yes... but maybe no?
Samantha (Anna Hopkins): Most likely to die

Edited by tv echo
21 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Ha, ha (opinions from anti-Olicity writers)...

'Arrow' Crossover Will Be All About Oliver and His 'True Love' 
October 05, 2017   Derek Stauffer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/upcoming-arrow-crossover-will-66268.aspx

What To Expect From Green Arrow In The CW’s Big Crossover Event
BY CONNER SCHWERDTFEGER   Oct. 5, 2017
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1710959/what-to-expect-from-green-arrow-in-the-cws-big-crossover-event

Lololololol ?

Seriously they have nobody to blame but themselves. They consistently set themselves up to be disappointed and then attack the writers like the writers pulled one over them when it was their own failure to see what's in front of their eyes. 

Having said that I love the "there's been chemistry between Black Siren and Oliver since she appeared on screen" yep soo much chemistry. Like that one time she tried to kill him, or that other time he locked her up in a cage, or that time she tried to kill him and Felicity, and also that time she kidnapped all his loved ones or even that time she kidnapped his son and threatened to kill him... 

• Love 8

Even if there was chemistry between the two of them, and I certainly didn't see any, it doesn't mean they should get together. SA had good chemistry  with MB and JS doesn't mean I want him and Slade to get together or become brothers again or Chase to be redeemed (if he hadn't died). 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Curtis (Echo Kellum), Rene (Rick Gonzalez) and Dinah (Juliana Harkavay): Can't say one way or another

I get not knowing about Curtis and Rene because they haven't been shown in promos, but Dtinah??! C'mon, do your homework.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Even if there was chemistry between the two of them, and I certainly didn't see any, it doesn't mean they should get together. SA had good chemistry  with MB and JS doesn't mean I want him and Slade to get together or become brothers again or Chase to be redeemed (if he hadn't died). 

On this note him and Anatolyi have good chemistry and I'd totally be down for them in an earth X situation :P 

They had a more moving romance then Oliver/Susan Felicity/Billy in season 5 afterall.

• Love 4

The son becomes the father | The Arrow showrunners haven't been able to talk about the season five finale Lian Yu explosion fallout all summer long ("Press has been hard, we can't really talk about who made it, who didn't. We did not think that through," executive producer Wendy Mericle tells THR with a laugh). And even with only a few days left until the season six premiere, that hasn't changed. But what producers are able to talk about are at least two of the survivors: Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and his son William (Jack Moore), and their awkward new dynamic as father and son. "It's really the question of can a superhero be a father? How is Oliver Queen going to be a good father?" Mericle says of the season-long arc. "Initially, he's not good at it. Part of the fun of the first half of the season is seeing him grapple with these issues of a 12-year-old boy really giving him a run for his money. It's not easy and we've never seen Oliver deal with this. He's always been a son and everything on the show has been through the lens of Oliver as a son and his father's legacy. Emotionally, it's new territory. This isn't a supervillain, it's a 12-year-old boy."

Mericle can't say who Oliver will turn to for advice on his new role as a father — because it's someone who survives the island explosion, and she isn't saying who. The obvious guess would be Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) helping Ollie navigate his new responsibilities.

New kind of flashbacks | While Arrow wrapped its five-year flashback storyline last season, but flashbacks will still be apart of a story in season six. Mericle reveals the premiere picks up both right after the explosion as well as a time jump five months later. "Because we don't have to do the five-year story of Oliver's past, we can jump forward and pick up five months later with Oliver in Star City and then we can also use flashbacks to tell the story of what happened on the island," she says. "It was our first experiment in not having the traditional flashback structure and it was super exciting and really fun to write. It's new and different."

Fighting a losing battle | Oliver may think there is still hope for Earth-2 Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) aka Black Siren to be one of the good guys, but Mericle says otherwise. "She's a true villain," she explains. "The arc of the season for her will be finding that little kernel of the Earth-1 Laurel Lance somewhere inside of her that can be drawn out to maybe start her on a different path. But this is really a nature vs. nurture question. How do people turn evil or turn good? On Earth-1, Laurel was a person who wanted to make the world a better place, but on Earth-2 she went down a completely different road. Why? "We answer that question," Mericle says and also calls her "a force in season six." The producer also notes she "would never rule her out as becoming a big bad." 

Girl power | Black Siren has also inspired the Arrow showrunners to explore some badass female stories this season. "We do have a different female villain early in the run who is different than anything we've ever seen on the show and very cool," Mericle says. "We're always looking for good female villains in the DCU to try to bring onto the show and in season six, that will happen more. We're looking for that now more than ever."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-arrow-flash-legends-tomorrow-interviews-1046279

Big bad talk regarding BLack Siren lol.

• Love 2

Yeah nah she's not getting redeemed. And if she is I don't think it's going to be in the way her fans are hoping/predicting- she joins the team and becomes bffs/lover with Oliver. If she gets redeemed at this point I think it will be to wrap her villain arch up and ship her off back to Earth 2 land. 

Edited by LeighAn

Mericle can't say who Oliver will turn to for advice on his new role as a father — because it's someone who survives the island explosion, and she isn't saying who. The obvious guess would be Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) helping Ollie navigate his new responsibilities.

I would have said the obvious guess would have been Diggle and it's only since DR said that Diggle's going through some things and that he's going to be turning to Oliver that makes Felicity a more "obvious" guess (ignoring Lance, I guess, who is also a father), but I'll take it.

• Love 1

I imagine we’ll get at least a couple of scenes with Oliver and Lance discussing fatherhood. And I’m looking forward to that. Lance wishing Oliver a happy birthday last season was one of my favorite moments of the entire season because it’s shown how far they’ve come from season 1. S1 Lance would’ve arrested Oliver on his birthday. 

• Love 4

I hope Black Siren isn't a big bad. I've never felt like they would actually redeem her, I just figured she'd be another Malcolm, someone who's always out for themselves no matter what, but not a huge threat. Yes, I know MM did awful shit, and in season 1 he was a great villain. However, season 2 + he was just kinda cheesy, very mustache twirling, & that's kinda how I've seen BS so far. So hopefully she'll remain as a b or c villain, and not a big bad. I think they neutered her too much last season to be taken seriously. Maybe if they would have kept as powerful as she was on the flash, I'd be ok with her being a main villain, but even then, I prefer a non-meta main villain.

• Love 2

Here's another anti-Olicity writer feeling threatened by WM's "true love" spoiler (again, I don't see similar complaints about WestAllen)...

Green Arrow May Find “True Love” In This Fall’s DC TV Crossover
Eric Joseph   Oct. 5, 207
http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/green-arrow-find-true-love-falls-dc-tv-crossover/

One element that’s proven to be divisive amongst DC TV fans has been that of romantic relationships involving some of our favorite onscreen characters. While some viewers are rabid when it comes to stuff such as “shipping,” there are others who feel it has no place in superhero storytelling. To be honest, there’s really only been one example of this that’s been a detriment to Arrow, which will be examined in a moment, but it’s never gotten out of hand as much as, say, Smallville season 6.
Last year, we saw that dead horse show some movement in a few of the latter episodes, causing real concern for the future. After all, why would you want to repeat past mistakes when you’ve just won back the favor of your fan base with a stellar season?
Our better judgment says she’s talking about “Olicity,” but, again, why would you shoot yourself in the foot right after the last cast just came off? If Oliver is to be romantically paired with anyone, we suggest the producers take a closer look at either the new Black Canary or Black Siren, especially if the latter is able to find redemption.