Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Question: Do we know if KC filmed at all for 602? Because if she didn't, then the photos we get this week for the episode (assuming we get them since we got the premiere's last week and they don't hold off until after the premiere) will just be, what, Oliver and Dinah?

Either they're going to have to spoil something in the episode descriptions/photos OR hold off on the descriptions/photos until after the premiere OR have the descriptions/photos be only about Oliver, maybe Dinah (though the premiere description only mentioned Oliver and could have just as easily mentioned Dinah or BS since both were shown in the photos). 

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Either they're going to have to spoil something in the episode descriptions/photos OR hold off on the descriptions/photos until after the premiere OR have the descriptions/photos be only about Oliver, maybe Dinah (though the premiere description only mentioned Oliver and could have just as easily mentioned Dinah or BS since both were shown in the photos). 

There's still the FBI agent they could show/talk about. I don't remember offhand which episode was her first.

35 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

According to pap reports, KC filmed a day or two for 601-603, and more than a couple days for 604. 

Are we sure about 602? Just checking I thought she didn't film for 602 but, I could be wrong.

OK, someone else confirmed 602 for me. This is actually better for me, it means they're killing her episode count with minimal screentime. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

Have we seen anything indicatink EK has been on set, even hanging out with the cast? I was just in the social media thread and people are talking about the promo department pretending like everyone but a select few are dead when we know they're not. Then I realized I'm really not sure whether I've seen anything confirming Curtis's continued presence on the show aside from that promo we know he shot.

4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Have we seen anything indicatink EK has been on set, even hanging out with the cast? I was just in the social media thread and people are talking about the promo department pretending like everyone but a select few are dead when we know they're not. Then I realized I'm really not sure whether I've seen anything confirming Curtis's continued presence on the show aside from that promo we know he shot.

Yeah, I think there have been reports of him on set. Plus he's on the crossover poster. 

There's plenty of spoilers that KC is in 601 and 604. No spoilers as to her being in 603. If she's in 602, it appears minimal (papp tweeted following during 602 shooting):

-- On Jul. 27, 2017, when asked if KC is still filming or still just playing with Carlos, papp tweeted: "She's had more days with Carlos than work this ep." (pursuit23 tweet, page 5 of New Spoilers thread)

I believe that the FBI agent debuts in either 602 or 603 (SN's below tweet is dated during 605 shooting, but the tweeted pic showed script for added scenes for 603):

-- On Aug. 31, 2017, Sydelle Noel posted pic of her actor's chair on set with comment: "Back in #Vancouver ???? shooting another ep. of @cw_arrow It's pretty cool to be apart of a show you watch. Tune in this fall to see what goes down between me and the #GreenArrow and his crew." Sitting on her chair is an Arrow script dated July 31, 2017, for an Added Scene for 603-Next of Kin. (sydellio instagram post, page 1591 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo

I can take or leave the Black Siren storyline, but why bother making so much promotion for it when according to the paps she barely gets any screentime? 

I know that the show is, well, the show, and the promo is done by the network, but it still feels weird. Like a surefire way to make nobody happy. 

• Love 1

True, but what I really don't get is the decision to not promote a "who survives?" situation but instead promote it like everyone else is definitely dead. I could sort of get it if they just showed Oliver and William (although God, would that suck) with the implication everyone on Lian Yu died but that's not they're doing either.

Edited by JamieLynn832002

Chico is really, really bad at her job. I would have thought after last year's dismal premiere numbers they would change their tune. Maybe they're OK with mediocre numbers. Guggenheim seems perfectly fine losing only "3 percent" of the audience (it's 13 percent, actually.)

• Love 1

I'm expecting the numbers to be pretty bad. The normal drop, the new night and time and the fact that it's promoting an entirely different show/cast.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

There's plenty of spoilers that KC is in 601 and 604. No spoilers as to her being in 603. If she's in 602, it appears minimal (papp tweeted following during 602 shooting):

I think KC posted some stuff in hair and makeup during 6x02/6x03. 

Shes filming 2 days for 6x07. The first day was only half a day and it was 1 scene.

See, this is what happens when they decide to confirm officially that 3 characters (1 of which is only in episodes 1, 5 and 6, and 1 who isn't filming much for episodes) - Slade, Dinah and BS - are alive over the summer and then promotion for the new season begins. It would be one thing if they only promoted the premiere, but now that we're getting closer, they're going to be promoting episodes 2, 3, etc. before the premiere even airs. So either they continue to pretend everyone is dead while promoting those other episodes, switch tactics and suddenly show, "hey, look, X, Y and Z are in these episodes" or hold off on promoting those episodes until the premiere airs.

If they decide to release promo stuff for episode 2 this week while continuing to pretend everyone else could be dead, based on how they've been releasing episode descriptions each week, then either they're just going to promote Oliver and Dinah or may have something for BS even if she's only in one scene in the episode. OR they may decide, "hey, we put Rene and Curtis in the crossover poster and released that, so let's start promoting them too and continue to pretend that Felicity, Diggle, Lance and Thea are characters that don't exist, like we've been doing." 

9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

but now this papp is saying that Thea is still in a coma during the crossover... 

He's also contradicting himself, since even he thinks that BS isn't going to be in the crossover.

9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

based on how they've been releasing episode descriptions each week, then either they're just going to promote Oliver and Dinah or may have something for BS even if she's only in one scene in the episode. OR they may decide, "hey, we put Rene and Curtis in the crossover poster and released that, so let's start promoting them too and continue to pretend that Felicity, Diggle, Lance and Thea are characters that don't exist, like we've been doing." 

They'll probably talk about the FBI agent coming to investigate him if that is SN's first episode.

I don't think he is contradicting himself regarding BS. He hasn't heard anything, he can't see how she would fit but he hasn't seen all the call sheets. So it's maybe.

He probably just knows Theas still in the hospital during the crossover. She didn't come back when "Laurel" returned or when Oliver was taken. Olicity getting married without her sounds about right.

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't think he is contradicting himself regarding BS. He hasn't heard anything, he can't see how she would fit but he hasn't seen all the call sheets. So it's maybe.

He probably just knows Theas still in the hospital during the crossover. She didn't come back when "Laurel" returned or when Oliver was taken. Olicity getting married without her sounds about right.

I guess "contradicting" might be too strong of a word, my bad. He is honestly just thinking from what he has, which is that he doesn't think she would fit but for all he knows she could be, but I think that then could go the same for Thea then since he did also just say he "thinks" she is still in a coma compared to that screenshot that said that she just wakes up in 607 and just isn't in the crossover. As in, the screenshot might be right and he's just guessing wrong.

Yeah. His original comment about Thea was that they needed her dead, lifeless body for a scene.  He might have had something that says Oliver visits Thea in hospital.  

He thought David was trolling until he he got the actual sheet that said Oliver and Felicity marry.  

Even if Thea woke up in 607, it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to still be in the hospital another week to do some kind of rehab.  It is more of a stretch not to have her at the wedding but so is not having Donna there, so whatever excuse they spin for why it's ok that Donna isn't there would probably work for Thea as well.  Though in this day and age, someone should have at least Skyped the event.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Regarding Thea, I can see her not being at the wedding simply because she's not in the crossover due to WH's episode count for the season (even though with the Waverider, they could probably easily heal her wounds/pick her up from wherever to get her to CC for the event, so, uh, good luck explaining that in-story).

Now, if there's some sort of reception/celebration in 609 and she's not there (and especially if they don't even mention her or give some really weak excuse for her absence), I won't understand that. 

Oh, and regarding Donna, I will be shocked if she's even mentioned. 

What the hell happened to Thea to put her in a coma for roughly 6-7 months or more? Yikes. 

If MG hadn't said that he'd never kill off Thea (not that I trust what he says tbh), I'd be certain she was dead. 

8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

What the hell happened to Thea to put her in a coma for roughly 6-7 months or more? Yikes. 

My guess is it's going to be a medically-induced coma while her burns heal? It's the only thing I can think of that also explains SA saying Oliver's smiling early this season. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If MG hadn't said that he'd never kill off Thea (not that I trust what he says tbh), I'd be certain she was dead. 

Nonspecific head wound? Their medicine is worse than their law. 

I really wish they would stop fridging and semi-fridging (icing?) the female characters. It's pretty gross if the only casualties of the island are "inconvenient" female characters like Samantha, Thea, Nyssa, Talia, Teen Canary.  Watch Thea's coma is used as a catalyst to catapult Thea back into a storyline of doing Oliver's job. 

Edited by leopardprint
27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

WH's episode count.

7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Nonspecific head wound? Their medicine is worse than their law. 

I really wish they would stop fridging and semi-fridging (icing?) the female characters. It's pretty gross if the only casualties of the island are "inconvenient" female characters like Samantha, Thea, Nyssa, Talia, Teen Canary.  Watch Thea's coma is used as a catalyst to catapult Thea back into a storyline of doing Oliver's job. 

Yeah, funny how it's going to be (almost certainly) only female dead characters.

Didn't SA recently say Evelyn was worth of being redeemed? Maybe she escaped the cage and is still alive. I wonder if they'd kill both Nyssa and Talia, it took them a long time to get permission to use Talia in the first place, and though they wasted her a bit last season (and Nyssa is a way better character) I'd be a bit surprised if both were dead.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Didn't SA recently say Evelyn was worth of being redeemed? Maybe she escaped the cage and is still alive.

I have no idea if he said this (I don't pay attention to Evelyn-related news really). But after the promo that shows someone approaching the unconscious BS in the temple was released, I can't help but wonder if that person also frees Evelyn from her cage. I may not care about Evelyn at all and don't want any more time spent on her on-screen, but she is a teenager and I don't think she deserves to die locked up in a cage like that. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

WH's episode count.

Yeah, funny how it's going to be (almost certainly) only female dead characters.

Didn't SA recently say Evelyn was worth of being redeemed? Maybe she escaped the cage and is still alive. I wonder if they'd kill both Nyssa and Talia, it took them a long time to get permission to use Talia in the first place, and though they wasted her a bit last season (and Nyssa is a way better character) I'd be a bit surprised if both were dead.

Most likely Nyssa or Talia will be presumed dead so they can show up later. Very telling on which characters they view as disposable, Nyssa gets throwaway forced marriage jokes and Slade gets a two episode redemption arc. 

Edited by leopardprint

My bet is on Nyssa running off to attempt to save the unconscious Talia and neither of them is found. For some reason, that's what I've pictured since Lian Yu aired, although since I'm pretty sure Nyssa knew about the bombs before leaving the temple/Talia, I'm not sure it makes much sense.

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

He is asking Dig to be the GA right? Because he isn't a father so he doesn't have Oliver's problem, LOL.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I figure the next line is going to be, "But I don't need to be the Green Arrow." I don't get this. Why wouldn't Diggle then go, "So, uh, what about my family, man?" What would Oliver say to that?

My guess is Diggle agrees because of whatever he's dealing with post-explosion, but seriously? How does Oliver not think about this? I guess blood family is more important than found family and Oliver's blood family is more important than everyone else's blood family? 

Please let there be something that explains the logic they seem to be trying to apply here. Or let there be a lot more to what's going on than we know. 

• Love 3
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Please let there be something that explains the logic they seem to be trying to apply here.

Logic? What logic? Could you please forget the old seasons in which Oliver wanted Diggle off the team because he became a dad? Could you do that? That would be neat. Then everything will make sense to you. Continuity is for wimps anyway. ;-)

Honestly, the show is horrible sometimes at recounting their own storylines. Also, I am already tired of DaddyOliver. That being said, that promo is so generic. Maybe I just feel that way but nothing about this screams 'Must-Watch'. Nothing remotely that you'd feel you'd have to see otherwise you'd miss out.

• Love 3

I think that Myson had a nightmare about Oliver dying and then Oliver decides to quit being GA for his sake? It takes him five months to realize this because Oliver isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. 

The adventures of Dadiver and Myson are already tiresome. Again with Dr. Slade Wilson, Life Coach and Family Counselor. 

• Love 3

You know, for a moment there, I thought they were going to use the island exploding to show something different ... but then we got that awful "bad man" line AGAIN. It's going to be the sneak peek. It'll probably pop up every other episode in the "previously on." We will never escape it. 

• Love 2

"There's a million psychos always trying to kill you"

Thats William saying that right? 

Also so can the promos be any more lame or boring? I feel like they have not released one single promo that has generated much excitement upon viewing. If I could describe the marketing strategy this season it's a whole bunch of Meh.

• Love 1

Oh god that kid who plays William is so bad. I'm so sorry. I just can't. 

I definitely think Oliver is talking to Diggle about being GA for a while?