Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The way I see the 523/season 6 death is that it's a) we find out in flash backs that someone died in the explosion, b) someone dies of the consequences in present day in 601. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I didn't think we've talked about this.  The wedding seems a go so I'll take that as a truth but that leaves someone dying in the 523 explosions or in season six.  There's a lot of grey area to cover in those two options.

We started to talk about both DR's and SA's 2 Truths and 1 Lie but, they kind of got over shadowed by other stuff.

I agree the Wedding is a Truth (all but confirmed/announced at this point). I think the other Truth is that someone died in the 523 explosion. I'm guessing we'll find out that Evelyn/Artemis and/or Samantha died in the explosion.

They may kill one of the Al Ghul sisters but not both. Although I couldn't tell you which one is more likely to go. 

We can safely rule Slade out of the DeadPool ? since he's confirmed to be a part of S6 (by SA and Manu). I also think Curtis, Dinah and Rene are 100% safe. Two of them got brand new contracts and Echo was talking about Smoak Tech this weekend.

They won't kill Thea. Write her out, sure but, not kill.  Lance is always a potential in the death watch pool but, I think it's unlikely now that they've brought KC back in some capacity. Plus they built up Lance's relationships with Thea and Rene as surrogate children (more Thea than Rene).

I think that leaves only a handful of potential deaths, Evelyn, Nyssa, Samantha and Talia.

My money is on Evelyn/Samantha 

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm on Nyssa or Evelyn.

I don't think they want the kid full time. Keeping the mom alive is an easy way to limit his appearances.

I think they are done with the LOA storyline plus Nyssa's death would hold more impact.

• Love 1
(edited)

In attempting to keep with this topic, I wonder if any of these deaths might end up being the premiere twist (mostly Samantha, I guess, if she is dead), or if it could be even something else referenced at the con, like Diggle being "more injured," him being the GA, Oliver being outed, something to do with the wedding (like getting re-engaged or something), or if it might be someone who was thought dead to really be alive (like BS which I could see them doing after 509's "cliffhanger").

Honestly, my bet would have been Talia over Nyssa since she's more of their character and they could still get some story out of her along with having an ally like her, but then I realized that would leave only the bad guys to be the ones who died, so I agree with the idea of impact to have at least one "good guy" death if the main cast get to live with only repercussions.    

Edited by way2interested
17 minutes ago, way2interested said:

if it might be someone who was thought dead to really be alive (like BS which I could see them doing after 509's "cliffhanger").

This is what I was thinking too, especially since wasn't it known last fall that KC was going to be in 510 and then they acted like it was some big surprise when she appeared at the end of 509? I could see them doing the same thing: "Oh, look, BS is dead, wait, no she's not and her being alive is the big twist at the end of the premiere and what do you mean you're not surprised when we announced KC is a series regular for S6?" Just like no one bought the finale cliffhanger since they'd announced new S6 regulars, MG was answering Qs about S6 storylines on Tumblr and no one buys that they're going to turn Arrow into Oliver+Myson and everyone else is dead.

• Love 1

Evelyn is the most obvious person to die.  She was left in a cage so she wouldn't have had time to find cover unless someone on Team Chase found her.  Talia is also possible since they're pretty much done with the LoA ninjas.

I'm pretty sure Samantha is alive.  The writers don't want to be stuck with fulltime William weighing down the show and Oliver would be a terrible dad if he sent William off to live with one of Samantha's relatives after his mother died.  I'd like to think that Nyssa is alive too for potential future storylines here and on LoT

6 hours ago, johntfs said:

See, I'd love to see this subverted with the idea that William likes Felicity (who's pretty, really nice and has, like, the best videogame set up in the universe) but resents Oliver and wants him to go away (because Chase made sure to tell him that his mommy was going to die because Oliver murdered Chase's father).

But Oliver saved William from Chase!.  Oliver saved William both times after he was kidnapped, even though it was because of Oliver that he was taken in the first place.

I hope William doesn't resent Felicity. Or Oliver.   I doubt the kid has the ability to play resentment.

• Love 5

William (played by now 6-foot tall Jack Moore) throws a tantrum at Oliver's (re-)engagement announcement and refuses to attend the wedding.  Oliver promises to give him new crayons and action figures.

I've never understood how you can be okay with - or even love - major bromance drama (Oliver/Slade, Oliver/Diggle), but hate major romance drama (Oliver/Felicity). In almost every superhero show or movie I've seen, the male superhero has both a male best friend and a female love interest. Platonic friendship and romantic love - both are a part of life.

• Love 6

Checking back real quick on Richard Dragon's new-52 story, since I remembered something about Diggle in there, but turns out it says that Diggle when posing as GA killed his father and that becomes one of the motivations behind his vendetta against GA, so I wonder if they are going to do a little bit of that for 6a. Not all the way, since the character breakdown mentioned him being in jail and forging himself as a weapon and then coming out, but maybe while Diggle pretends to be GA he does kill his father and that's what sets up the big bad plot or maybe the "civil war" between Oliver and Diggle.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Oliver saved William from Chase!.  Oliver saved William both times after he was kidnapped, even though it was because of Oliver that he was taken in the first place.

I hope William doesn't resent Felicity. Or Oliver.   I doubt the kid has the ability to play resentment.

29 minutes ago, tv echo said:

William (played by now 6-foot tall Jack Moore) throws a tantrum at Oliver's (re-)engagement announcement and refuses to attend the wedding.  Oliver promises to give him new crayons and action figures.

Perhaps William colors all over Felicity's wedding dress as a way to express resentment. I could totally see Oliver manpaining all over Myson about Samantha's death and then Myson giving him pep talks about how it's not his fault. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I've never understood how you can be okay with - or even love - major bromance drama (Oliver/Slade, Oliver/Diggle), but hate major romance drama (Oliver/Felicity). In almost every superhero show or movie I've seen, the male superhero has both a male best friend and a female love interest. Platonic friendship and romantic love - both are a part of life.

I've never understood how it's great to have a sexual relationship/romance between two men who are in an antagonistic relationship (e.g. Oliver/Slade, Barry/Snart) but girl cooties are ewwww.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Checking back real quick on Richard Dragon's new-52 story, since I remembered something about Diggle in there, but turns out it says that Diggle when posing as GA killed his father and that becomes one of the motivations behind his vendetta against GA, so I wonder if they are going to do a little bit of that for 6a. Not all the way, since the character breakdown mentioned him being in jail and forging himself as a weapon and then coming out, but maybe while Diggle pretends to be GA he does kill his father and that's what sets up the big bad plot or maybe the "civil war" between Oliver and Diggle.

I'm trying to remember all the details. I remembered that Diggle killed Dragon's dad. I didn't remember he was dressed as the GA. I know Oliver dressed as GA comes to rescue Diggle who is tied to a chair and being tortured by Dragon (Sorrentino's artwork for that panel stuck with me) plus they (or just Diggle) went out the window)

If the plumber wasn't in my basement I'd run down and pull the comics for a quick check.

The biggest problem I see with this is that it feels very repetitive of S5 with both Chase and Church. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The biggest problem I see with this is that it feels very repetitive of S5 with both Chase and Church. 

Yes and it would be pretty hypocritical of Oliver to not back Diggle even if he does kill that dude's dad, so I'm not sure how that would cause conflict between O/D unless there is more to the comic story. (Not that hypocrisy or repetition stopped these writers before)

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm trying to remember all the details. I remembered that Diggle killed Dragon's dad. I didn't remember he was dressed as the GA. I know Oliver dressed as GA comes to rescue Diggle who is tied to a chair and being tortured by Dragon (Sorrentino's artwork for that panel stuck with me) plus they (or just Diggle went out the window)

If the plumber wasn't in my basement I'd run down and pull the comics for a quick check.

Never read new-52, so I was just going off of Wikipedia that said that Diggle as GA killed his dad, which then could match up to what seems to be happening in 6a (Richard Dragon seems to be the big bad, Diggle is going to be GA again for some reason).

Yeah, I feel that potential issue too, though I guess it would depend on what's going on with Diggle come 601. Then again, I could see them trying doing something different in this case a bit since Chase wanted to ruin Oliver's life specifically while Dragon might just want to kill the Green Arrow, but how that could carry on for a larger portion of the season, idk at this point.

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Never read new-52, so I was just going off of Wikipedia that said that Diggle as GA killed his dad, which then could match up to what seems to be happening in 6a (Richard Dragon seems to be the big bad, Diggle is going to be GA again for some reason).

Yeah, I feel that potential issue too, though I guess it would depend on what's going on with Diggle come 601. Then again, I could see them trying doing something different in this case a bit since Chase wanted to ruin Oliver's life specifically while Dragon might just want to kill the Green Arrow, but how that could carry on for a larger portion of the season, idk at this point.

From what I remember in the comics, Oliver is off on his journey to stop the Outsiders. Meanwhile back in Seattle Diggle, Naomi and Fyff are dealing with Richard Dragon who took over the Underworld.  All of the gangs/criminals/mob bosses were killed off or worked for Dragon.

^^^This part just seems like a redux of Church, so I hope they don't even go there.

Then we have Diggle killing Dragon's dad (5 years before "Broken" picks up) dressed as the GA which is why Richard Dragon is targeting Green Arrow's friends/team in order to draw GA out in a final (to the death) battle. Dragon puts out a Bounty on Team GA which leads a bunch of minor bass (Brick, Red Dart and someone else) to go after Naomi, Fyff and Diggle

^^^ This just reminds me so much of Chase. Especially with hiring a team of minor bass (Chase brought on Artemis and BS).

I have no idea what they plan for Richard Dragon I just hope they don't repeat what we just had.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have no idea what they plan for Richard Dragon I just hope they don't repeat what we just had.

Ultimately same, then again we're still at pre-601 so predicting this far ahead is stretching I'll admit that XD. I don't think I would have ever guessed pre-501 that Chase was really the big bad, so they still have time to be different. Though maybe some sort of alluding to that with Diggle being GA and having Richard Dragon being the big bad but then going in a different direction entirely?

I have a couple concerns with the new spoilers. They Dragon/Diggle thing does sound like it could be a repeat of Chase (with a bit of Roy). The Civil War like rift between Oliver/Diggle reminds me of the Oliver/Felicity storyline this season (different methods/ideologies).

• Love 2
(edited)

For me a part of the problem with the S5 storyline as it went on was that Oliver and TA, somewhat, had to be progressively dupable for Chase's plans to work and I found it super frustrating (I'm not sure if you could tell from my posts, I kept it super secret ?). I don't want to see that again or at least not to that level. Presumably Diggle won't have a Susan to really make him unlikable.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Perhaps William colors all over Felicity's wedding dress as a way to express resentment. I could totally see Oliver manpaining all over Myson about Samantha's death and then Myson giving him pep talks about how it's not his fault. 

I don't think Myson has the vocabulary for that. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Aww. Sappy Steve.

I can't really tell what he's taking a picture of. Is that a computer monitor? Because the edges remind me of a picture frame.

Looks like a pic that's hanging in the production office or something (given the partition in the reflection). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But Oliver saved William from Chase!. 

And I'm sure he'll be grateful/relieved in the moment, but if his mother gets blown to bits I doubt that'll count for much in the long run.

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Honestly I don't think WestAllen is getting married in the fourth season of a show in the same year as they are setting up an Arrow wedding. I guess SDCC will be more enlightening but there's be no peep of promotion about a wedding for WestAllen where as the wedding has been so far the key talking point for Olicity - despite some people thinking that Stephen and David are teasing the WestAllen wedding rather then teasing things happening on their own show (cough*bitterreddit*cough*bitterpaps*cough)

You serious?

So "Next time it counts" signed on a freaking Olicity wedding pic is a WestAllen tease?

Bahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

• Love 5
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

You serious?

So "Next time it counts" signed on a freaking Olicity wedding pic is a WestAllen tease?

Apparently that was about Lauiver or whatever they're calling Oliver/BS.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You serious?

I kid you not. There are people who think there isn't an Arrow/Olicity wedding that Stephen and David wouldn't possibly spoil something that big- however they would totally spoil something that big happening on another show.

Its endlessly amusing.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think BS about covers it.  And no, I'm not abbreviating for Black Siren.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Now you're just pulling my leg! I refuse to believe anyone could be so silly!

It's an Olicity wedding pic!!!!!! My head cannot wrap around this "logic."

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The same kind of logic that said Laurel couldn't possibly be in the grave because she's the female lead and Arrow couldn't possibly exsist without her.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Seems desperate reaching there. I do find it highly unlikely that they'd use the star(s) of Arrow to spoil/tease a WestAllen wedding. If they wanted to be ambiguous about a potential crossover wedding "who is in the dress" rather than "who is in the grave" I think they'd be doing it differently. Now that doesn't mean this wedding will actually happen, or be happy for more than 5 seconds etc but there comments so far aren't about The Flash, but I guess we'll have to wait until all the panels at SDCC for more info.

And seriously, it's not about O/L. Even if they had plans re BS/O there would be a season's worth of drama to get through first that they wouldn't be spoiling so far ahead.

(edited)

Various media outlets are now reporting on the spoilers coming out of HVFF-Nashville. I'm posting this TVLine article, not for the spoilers (which are just what's already been posted here or in the New Spoilers thread), but for the polls in this article - current results below (you can still vote)...
http://tvline.com/2017/07/08/arrow-season-6-manu-bennett-returns-slade-wilson/

'Arrow': Who will be PRESUMED or FOUND DEAD in the Season 6 premiere? Choose up to FIVE (5) CHARACTERS
Evelyn  18.68% 
Talia  16.84% 
Samantha  16.17% 
Nyssa  9.04% 
Slade Wilson  7.45%  
Thea  5.95%  
Curtis  5.75%  
Black Siren  5.51%  
Quentin  5.21%  
Felicity  2.77%  
Dinah  2.54%  
Rene  2.32%  
Diggle  1.77% 

'Arrow': Who will turn up ALIVE in the Season 6 premiere? Choose up to NINE (9) CHARACTERS
Felicity  11.85%  
Diggle  11.76%  
Rene  9.95%  
Dinah  9.74%  
Thea  9.51%  
Quentin  9.38%  
Curtis  8.81%  
Black Siren  8.39%  
Slade Wilson  8.08%  
Nyssa  6.52%  
Samantha  2.72%  
Talia  2.2%  
Evelyn  1.09% 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think if it were shade he wouldn't have put "fans" in it, plus his response to Candace's reply just struck me as someone in a good mood.

That and his comments from HVFF (even specifically being excited with stuff coming up in 605-606 and getting a Diggle relative), I don't think I can remember a time with DR as excited. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I read it as him being excited after s5 when he was babysitting the newbies. Probably a good arc in plans for Diggle. 

Yep, plus he's shadowing directors learning/trying something new. That alone can hype the excitement factor.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She already has a massive injury that they put on the back burner for 99% of the time, they wont give her another one. I think majority will come out perfectly fine with Diggle coming out the worst. 

Thanks! That makes me feel better! I've been watching too many asian series where they make people lose limbs randomly and saw that quote which then freaked me out!

• Love 1

And when SA's saying how every year they have something that happens in the previous year that resonates for the next year, it really doesn't last the entire year like he's kind of implying. Like, the effects somewhat motivate or push the plot where they need it to go for different parts of the year, but "resonating/felt for the season" is kind of talking in a more thematic big picture sense rather than actually felt episode-per-episode. The Undertaking/Tommy's death pushed the plot for s2 but wasn't what was mainly referenced/covered for the season, Laurel's death/the team separating pushed the plot for s5 but wasn't what was mainly referenced/covered (even the newbies didn't end up amounting to the end of the season thematically, except for Oliver acknowledging that his team can take care of themselves).

All in all any repercussions to come in 601/6a I don't think will be too massively effecting or too long-lasting, especially once they kick off the real big bad plot/lesson Oliver has to learn.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree,  it usually only resonate for the first few episodes.  The premier episode is a better clue.

I think more than Laurel's death resonating,  it was Thea and Diggle quitting, which forced Oliver to get a new team.  We did get a fair amount of WWLD though.

For next season, I think what's going to effect it is Oliver's connection to William, Oliver getting together with Felicity, and whatever comes out of the Lian Yu fight (Diggle's reaction?).

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I think they will use what happened on Lian Yu as the "reason" for whatever new thing they want any of the characters to do whether it's founding a company, fighting for custody of their kid, taking a bigger interested in politics (My only guess for Quentin right now), scaling back time spent in a green hood, spending more time in a green hood, getting closure from the past, taking a really extended vacation, hanging out in a coma or upgrading to colored pencils.  It will be the catch all motivation and explanation for everything, lol. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

She already has a massive injury that they put on the back burner for 99% of the time, they wont give her another one. I think majority will come out perfectly fine with Diggle coming out the worst. 

That's what I'm thinking too after DR's recent comments, but that might change after SDCC. I do think we should be able to figure out any injuries/deaths before the premiere even airs. 

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

upgrading to colored pencils

And maybe to markers by the season finale?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Diggle coming out the worst. 

I wonder if they will build on his Deadshot hallucination.  We know from season two, he suffered from them after he got back from the war, maybe Diggle will be going around, doing his thing and the audience constantly unsure if it's really happening or not.  

Now, this part is fantasy, but what if BS was his ghost?  What if KC came back to play a dead character that existed only as a hallucination?  

• Love 4

I expect to be disappointed but I am hoping that they dont take the lazy route and just never really address Siren walking around Star City with no one noticing. I am hoping they address it full on but I doubt they want to do that much thinking for a storyline trying to explain to the public why Laurel Lance is alive again.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I expect to be disappointed but I am hoping that they dont take the lazy route and just never really address Siren walking around Star City with no one noticing. I am hoping they address it full on but I doubt they want to do that much thinking for a storyline trying to explain to the public why Laurel Lance is alive again.

Given their (non) attention to detail, I would be pleasantly surprised if the fact that there was a public dedication of a statue to her doppelgänger was brought up all. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Given their (non) attention to detail, I would be pleasantly surprised if the fact that their was a public dedication of a statue to her doppelgänger was brought up all. 

I hope one of the plot points of Arrow Season Six is the replacement of the Laurel Black Canary Statue with this:

keanu-reeves-statue-south-park.jpg

• Love 1